Arbonne

verified
Arbonne Logo

Arbonne

verified
Offers life insurance and travel opportunities

Arbonne is a direct sales company developed by Petter Morck in the health and beauty industry. The MLM company employs approximately 267,700 independent distributors worldwide in direct sales and serves nearly one million preferred clients.

Global revenue for the company is approximately $486 million annually. Arbonne began with its direct selling model in Switzerland in 1975 and currently is headquartered in Irvine, California as of 1980. The company is similar to Mary Kay or Avon in that it relies on network marketing, and typical sales come from home parties of the Arbonne consultant or independent consultant and person-to-person sales.

Its product line features over 400 items and includes cosmetics, weight loss, and skin-care products. Arbonne claims that its products are naturally-inspired and scientifically proven. The company has its own research and development facility and scientific advisory board.

According to the company's 2018 income disclosure, the average annual earnings is $17,129 if you'ane a Area Manager and $3,450 for District Managers.

To join Arbonne as an independent distributor or simply purchase products, follow this simple four-step process:

1. Proceed to the Arbonne website.
  2. Select either "Becoming a Distributor" or "Products" depending on if you'd rather simply buy products or sell them.
  3. Fill out your first and last name, phone number, email, and the state in which you live.
  4. An Arbonne representative will get in touch with you to set you up as a distributor and answer any questions you might have.

The Good

• Product Quality and Selection
  • Bonuses and Incentives
  • Perks for Customers
  • Employee Benefits

Product Quality and Selection

The company states that its formulas are based on botanical skin care principles and formulated without animal products or animal by-products. Arbonne is transparent about the ingredients in all of the Arbonne products and lists them on the website with full explanations.

The anti-aging products line includes skincare regiments including anti-aging cream and the Arbonne Genius Ultra skincare device.

The Arbonne Essentials beauty and nutrition product line includes a wide range of beauty products and personal care products, including the Arbonne protein shake made of plant-based protein for meal replacement, protein powder, Arbonne weight loss meal replacement shakes, pre-workout, and more.

Other popular health and nutrition products provided by Arbonne include:

• Facial moisturizer
  • Pure essential oils
  • Baby care products
  • Shea butter moisturizer
  • Pure mint toothpaste and deodorant
  • Lifting and contouring products
  • Clear Future acne cream

These beneficial personal care products use natural ingredients to enrich the body and promote a healthy lifestyle.

Bonuses and Incentives

Arbonne provides its independent consultants numerous incentives and opportunities for bonuses along with an Arbonne compensation plan.

One bonus, in particular, is the chance to earn cash bonuses toward a brand new Mercedes. Independent consultants receive a 35 percent discount off the retail purchase prices of the products they personally order once they join for $79. They also earn percentages of those they sponsor in their downlines.

Independent consultants are also eligible to receive a complimentary product if they order a Success Pack or make a 250 QV purchase during the month they start their contracts.

Perks for Customers

Consumers can join the Preferred Customer Program and receive a 20 percent discount on purchases. Preferred customers will also receive a complimentary product worth up to $50 when they make a 150 QV order during the first month.

Customers also receive special offers and rewards for shopping through Arbonne's Preferred Advantage Program.

Employee Benefits

Arbonne offers life insurance and travel opportunities as well. Arbonne provides plenty of instruction and support to its independent consultants.

Consultants do not have to make monthly purchasing minimums and do not have to carry inventory. Arbonne does not have territories either. That means consultants can sell anywhere, with limited exceptions online.

The Bad

• Minimal Income Opportunity
  • Past Bankruptcy
  • Some Marketing Restrictions
  • Expensive Products

Minimal Income Opportunity

Many of Arbonne's compensation plan details are tempting to potential distributors. However, there are a few areas of concern that diminish the likelihood of distributors earning a significant amount of money.

According to the company's income disclosure, the average annual income for an Area Manager is just $17,129 and only $3,450 for District Managers.

The first area of concern is that distributors get paid more when their downline remain at their level. In other words, it is in the best interest of your sponsors at Arbonne that you do not advance in rank and therefore, compensation rates are naturally lower.

This also greatly incentivizes recruitment to the point where it breaks into the realm of a pyramid scheme.

Whenever a compensation plan incentivizes recruitment over product sales, the line between a pyramid scheme and a legitimate multi-level marketing company becomes very blurry.

For people who are looking to earn money through Arbonne, there is likely a bit more opportunity at a different MLM.

Another concern is that Arbonne does have a higher volume requirement. This means that distributors have to buy a certain amount of product per month or quarter to qualify for the compensation plan.

This covers the company in case distributors aren't able to sell the product. From the company standpoint, it doesn't really matter whether the distributor sells the product as long as the distributor is buying the company's product consistently.

Past Bankruptcy

The company went bankrupt in 2009 but has since made a tremendous effort to re-emerge on the market. Apart from bankruptcy, the company is stable and Arbonne business opportunities appear to be legitimate.

Some Marketing Restrictions

Independent representatives can promote products, business opportunities, and host group presentations through the company's social media platforms, though company representatives cannot pay for boosted ads on business pages for product promotions.

This restriction was put in place to create a fair playing field amongst consultants. However, this restriction can limit the potential reach in building a business, especially if trying to do so primarily online.

Expensive Products

While there is a low cost of entry to start a business, the products themselves can be expensive for the average consumer. For instance, a bag of Arbonne protein powder is upwards of $75.

The Bottom Line

Arbonne's target market appears to be women interested in health and beauty, with bestsellers including Arbonne protein powder, anti-aging skin care, and the Arbonne weight loss program. Though the company does provide beneficial products, there is the unfortunate history of bankruptcy and an expensive product line that might deter prospective consultants considering this multi-level marketing company.

Arbonne is not the most viable business opportunity for those who want to build an online business due to the strict policies in place by the Arbonne direct selling company. The company's income disclosure reveals a low average income for mid-ranked distributors. However, those who have more experience in the health and wellness industry might find that Arbonne and its 30 years of stability is the right fit for them.

4.1

Ashleigh Kearsley
March 18th, 2019

I was given some Arbonn to trail on my skin. I used arbonn for 5days in a row, morning and evening, as directed. My skin did not feel good, it felt agitated, on the third day it looked blotchy and lumps started appearing on my forehead, on the morning of the fifth day it was lumpy and blotchy all over. I stopped using it and contacted my distributor, she told me this was just the toxins coming out and that after 30 days that would improve! This I think is total rubbish any dermatologist would tell you to stop using something that was making your skin worse every day! I have concerns for people selling this product with out any real knowledge. Most unhappy and I would not recommend any one using it. Who wants bad skin for 30 days!!

Shelby
March 11th, 2019 Brooklyn, NY DETAILS

The products are truly awful and their company is extremely predatory toward women. Their cleanses do not work and their makeup is extraordinary poor quality. Even if I got their products for free I wouldn't use them, they'd go straight in the trash. Not worth a single penny.

AnneMarie
January 15th, 2019 Louisville, KY DETAILS

Been using Arbonne products for 16 years. Everything is top notch! A time or two I have tried products from other companies but I always run straight back to Arbonne's Pure, Safe, and Beneficial. There is nothing else on the market that compares. The BEST skincare, makeup, bath and body products. My triathlete husband and children LOVE the nutrition line and swear that they perform better with fewer issues, injury, and so on with Arbonne's nutrition line. Zero complaints! For those complaining about the price...you get what you pay for. Arbonne's products are worth every dollar. There are ways to get greater savings and free shipping.

Karen S
November 8th, 2018 Carthage, TN DETAILS

I have been an Arbonne client since October 2015, and became an Independent Consultant in July 2016. I began using the products because as a Physician Assistant I understood the concept that everything we eat, drink and use on our bodies has a lasting effect on our health, but I became a consultant because I saw the opportunity to help people live healthier lives well beyond my retirement in 2017. I'm sorry to see that there are those whose experience with Arbonne's products or representatives has been less than desirable, but my experience has been life changing. I belong to an incredibly supportive family of consultants who routinely reach out to encourage and inspire others toward personal growth and improved health and wellness. Pure, safe and beneficial products with a 45-day return policy....where else can you find that?!

Margie Holland
October 30th, 2018 Menomonie, WI DETAILS

The first year I paid $20 to be a preferred client. This second year it was $29 and 5 months since I joined it has gone back to $20, which I feel is a rip off.

Ashley
October 29th, 2018 Norman, OK DETAILS

Innovative, relevant products; cutting-edge research and development team; helpful customer service, generous compensation plan and classy culture of Independent Consultants. Products deliver results. Perhaps too many products to choose from. A 38 year track record with steady increase in sales since 2009 is good enough for me.

Sara W
October 18th, 2018 DETAILS

Outstanding skincare products for all ages and skin types, which are very well priced when compared to other premium brands. Nutrition products are excellent and deliver results. The 45 day money back guarantee gives customers extra assurance of purchase satisfaction. Has a very low rate of products being returned, indication customer satisfaction with the product.

Susan Smith
September 24th, 2018 Winter Haven, FL DETAILS

I have been using Arbonne skin care products for years..They are wonderful and I receive complements on my skin routinely. I am 72. The 30 day cleansing diet is fabulous if used correctly. I use this diet at least once a year and have used it at times twice. I have dropped my blood sugar to normal a d my cholesterol from 279 to 197. It has been invaluable for me.

IDA MCDAVITT FRESSILLI
August 14th, 2018 DETAILS

I have been using Arbonne for several years. Love their products. I was sold when a relative asked about my eye surgery. I had not had anything done to my eyes. Just using the Arbonne eye cream. I use the serum, foundation, night cream, eye cream, makeup primer (don't know how I survived without it). These are my favorite products. My Arbonne representative is amazing. She keeps me informed about the products. Any changes or anything knew. When my order is in, she delivers it to my front door. Great product. Great service. The Arbonne rep. is irreplaceable.

Carly
August 2nd, 2018 DETAILS

Excellent skincare products, helped my acne and the nutrition products have changed my health. The company is supportive, listens to customers and is always developing

Kathy
June 4th, 2018 DETAILS

A culture of Arbonne Consultants is very poor. This is a monkey business. In order to be successful you have to be unethical. My upline was trying to recruit my prospect. Quit.

NANCY BUCKLEY
May 1st, 2018 Cape Coral, FL DETAILS

I AM AN IC - LOVE THIS COMPANY AND EVERTHING THEY STAND FOR . IN THE 5 YEARS I HAVE BEEN USING THE PRODUCTS WITH EXCELLENT RESULTS AND THE TWO YEARS BEING AN IC, I THINK THIS COMPANY IS TOP NOTCH !!

Dawn Ohnstad
February 2nd, 2018 Hopkins, MN DETAILS

3.5 years with Arbonne and nothing but impressed with company and its wonderful products! My clients are crazy for the results in skincare and nutrtion. The comp plan is generous and fair making no promises other than you get out what you put in. No limit. Love love Arbonne. by the way I am 63 yrs old with business background. WishI had started with Arbonne years ago.

Dr Nancy Beliveau
December 1st, 2017 Holmdel, NJ DETAILS

It has completely changed my life! I worked an 80 hour work week as a doctor of physical therapy and now work 10-15 hours per week from home with my family, building an online business improving the health and wealth of others

Mick
October 31st, 2017 DETAILS

Ineffective products combined with rude, unapologetic and arrogant consultants.

Heathere Sampson
October 11th, 2017

absolutely love these product. This is helping my hives, my eczema and dry skin. Plant based, no animal by product. This is perfect for my entire family!

Sheila
September 12th, 2017 Southampton, PA

Love the products; they work as directed. Any problems, customer service is quick to take care of.

Linda
September 12th, 2017

Love the products and the opportunity - well supported and compensated - have nothing but positive vibes

Margaret
August 4th, 2017

The Arbonne products are ridiculously overpriced. Consultants receive a "discount" but are charged sales tax for the full retail value. Shipping and handling costs all but wipe out any "savings". The products are just not that good either. DHC has a better skincare line with free shipping and a loyalty discount. I am using less and less of the Arbonne products because they are just not that special. My daughter likes the Calm Cleanser and Moisturizer and I like the Sunscreen for Face. This is all that I currently order from Arbonne. Over-hyped, over-priced. No one's buying their "opportunity".

Leah
August 2nd, 2017

have been using arbonne for years. Most recently I waited over 7 weeks for my order to arrive (still waiting) after several emails and phone calls I am receiving no help or advise or apology for the delay. I'll be cancelling asap - something doesn't feel right about this company.

Wally
July 12th, 2017

Great products. 30 day body cleanse helped me lose some weight and increased my energy throughout the day.

Mary Pfeil
June 23rd, 2017 Waunakee, WI

Arbonne products are way over priced. Shipping charges are also high. You can pay the annual $20 preferred client fee to receive 20% discount but by the time you add tax and shipping, you're back to the original price. I can buy better products at Sephora for less and receive free shipping after spending $50.

Michelle Scott
April 10th, 2017

All round this company is just amazing - everything is so ethical and professional. The products are actually amazing and the business is fantastic so I have literally nothing to say against Arbonne.

scott
February 7th, 2017 Lake Saint Louis, MO

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY, CHARGED ME ONE FEE, THEN THE REP ME 2 MONTHS LATER AND SAID SHE UNDER CHARGED ME BY 30.00 THE REP KRISTA TAVARAS HAD KEPT MY CARD NUMBER AND EVEN THO SHE WAS TOLD NOT TO CHARGE ANYTHING ELSE TO MY C CARD SHE DID ANYWAY. MY BANK IS REVERSING THE CHARGE. I CALLED ARBONNE INTERNATIONAL AND TALKED TO A MANAGER KRISTEN, AND SHE ADMITTED THIS SHOULD NEVER HAD BEEN DONE AND THAT THEY DONT DO BUSINESS THIS WAY, BUT SAID THEY COULD NOT REVERSE THE CHARGE. I ALSO AM CONTACTING THE ATTORNEY GENERAL FOR MY STATE. THEY NEVER SHOULD HAVE HELD ON TO MY C CARD # OR CHARGED IT THE ADDITIONAL FEE WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. BUY YOUR PRODUCT ELSEWHERE. AVOID ARBONNE LIKE THE PLAGUE!! Sincerely, Kathy

Shannon Milliken
November 24th, 2016 Brighton, CO

Love this company, the products and compensation. I also love the heart of the company and what they stand for. Their products are made of the finest ingredients. I am a consultant and love that I get a discount on big end products for my whole family and get paid to use them...can't say that about anything I can buy in the stores. I love that i personally have helped transform people's health leveraging Arbonne's nutrition and I'm just beginning to transform people's lives with the business.

Deon DeJong
June 9th, 2016

Love this company and what they stand for. Their products are made of the finest ingredients. I am a consultant and love that I get a discount on high end products for myself and my family. Plus an amazing compensation plan for their consultants.

Randi Roggeman
May 31st, 2016 Gilbert, AZ

The ingredient policy of pure, safe, and beneficial extends not only to the people that use the products, but also to the world with sustainably sourced ingredients that are green and eco-friendly and to animals by being truly cruelty free with every product being free from animal derived ingredients and animal testing. The business opportunity and success plan are second to none, in my opinion, due to there being 4 levels of management, commissions plus bonuses and overrides, the ability to will your business to a person of your choosing, life insurance, and a car allowance.

Patrice Ross
May 20th, 2016 Los Angeles, CA

The products are quality with no GMOs, gluten free and dairy free; and the business model is direct and simple.

Darla Rose
May 18th, 2016 Stephens City, VA

I have used Arbonne products for 10 years, always as a Consultant, so I could receive the maximum discount. My skin is improved, my health is improved using their shakes, protein bars, detox tea. I now weigh what I weighted before I became pregnant with my son, who will be 29 next month. I look younger than I did at age 55 in 2006 when I became an Arbonne Consiltant. I feel great, and now I'm building my business, so I can retire from my career of 40 years. My job has always been my mission helping people understand and make wise decsisons on their employee benefits package. Arbonne provides me another opportunity to help people improve their lives, save money and become their own boss if they choose to, with Pure, Safe and Beneficial Products.

Emily Seavey Arbonne IC
May 6th, 2016 Rochester, MN

Arbonne is truly a brand meant for all ages. I love our Antiaging skincare. It's made a true difference the the radiance of my skin. And now, we have launched our brand new Genius Ultra device that is such a hot item for instant results! I have to mention our protein, it's Vegan and tastes yummy, not chalky at all. Seriously the BEST company out there.

Sabrina Laforest
April 21st, 2016

Honest, fun, great company ethics and see through ingredients list!

Melissa
April 6th, 2016 Seattle, WA

I have nothing but great things to say about working with Arbonne. They have given me the tools and are continuously adding more training and tips to help grow myself a successful business over time.

Jennifer Sears
April 4th, 2016 Portsmouth, VA

I am an independent consultant for Arbonne. Apart from the fact that I believe so firmly in their pure, safe, and beneficial products, I am quite impressed by their corporate structure and the supportive network. It is second to none.

Nic
February 24th, 2016

Independent consultant. Love the products and the compensation plan.Trust the values and ethics of Arbonne to my core

Kimberly Wedding
January 18th, 2016 Santa Clarita, CA

I too am impressed with the family-centric corporate culture, compensation plan & the continuous effort to better the product line and offer consumers sound, tested & efficacious options that help improve our well-being inside & out! Pricing ranges from accessible to moderate (department store), depending on the product and discounts.

Julie Leitz Shutz
November 25th, 2015 Tuckerton, NJ

I an a consultant who was a happy client for 12 years before delving in as a consultant, and i have never been happier! I think I am as excited about the ingredients we DON'T use as I am the botanicals that we do rely on! The other consultants I work with come from every career you can imagine, and age bracket, and the company's deep commitment to self improvement, with all the training opportunities in countless formats: live training, a huge data base of articles, videos, and trainings, is comprehensive and readlily accessible. Love the trainings, the people, the products, and our commitment to helping others.

Bianca Lilly
October 1st, 2015

Simple and lucrative compensation plan Everyday consumable products of an exceptionally high standard 5 countries with global expansion plans means growth potential