Amway

Amway Logo

5.7

Amway

Choose to become an Amway Independent Business Owner or be an Amway customer

With its original product released in 1959, Amway has sought to be seen as the global leader in the health and beauty industries. Amway's fundamentals established by its founders are freedom, family, hope, and reward. The Michigan-based company believes its distributors will achieve happiness through earned success. Its product line includes weight management shakes, eye and lip care, household cleaners, laundry detergent, and more. Amway prides itself in being a family company with a global management team in place to support independent distributors. Amway hopes to help people start their own business with the promise of access to exclusive products, a low startup cost, and a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. People interested in Amway's health and beauty products can choose to become an Amway independent business owner or be an Amway customer.

The Good

• Money-back Guarantee
  • Glassdoor Ratings
  • Endorsements and Sponsorships

Money-back Guarantee

Amway has a $62 registration kit with items needed to get started. This registration kit has a 100 percent money-back guarantee for the first 90 days. The kit comes with the following:

• Step-by-step guide to help distributors understand the business, products, training resources, and details on bonus programs
  • Marketing support
  • Direct sales tips

People who choose to become Amway independent business owners will be part of a network of more than three million people who have chosen to do the same.

Endorsements and Sponsorships

For people who value high-profile endorsements and sponsorships, the Amway Center Sports and Entertainment complex in Orlando, Florida is the home court to the Orlando Magic. The multi-level marketing company not only hosts an NBA team at its flagship center, it also hosts popular performers such as Ed Sheeran. Amway also has number of celebrity athlete ambassadors including:

• Kirk Cousin, professional football player
  • Adreian Payne, professional basketball player
  • Chris Harris Jr., professional football player
  • Rich Gannon, retired professional football player and sports commentator
  • Allie Lyn Dragoo, cyclist
  • Trent Murphy, professional football player
  • Canadian Men's National Soccer Team
  • Canadian Women's National Soccer Team

Amway also has several notable partnerships with companies such as:

• Sony
  • Neiman Marcus
  • Lego
  • Macy's
  • Microsoft

The Bad

• Lawsuits
  • Compensation

Lawsuits

Amway's time in business has not been without controversy. The multi-level company is not new to dealing with lawsuits. One lawsuit in the last ten years resulted in Amway paying $56 million to settle a case alleging it operates a pyramid scheme. Amway agreed to the deal to close a 2007 class-action suit. Here are some of the accusations Amway has received in its more than 50 years of business:

• Amway's kingpin companies that sell "motivation and training" products to recruits are part of an illegal pyramid scheme.
  • Amway criminally violates federal racketeering law
  • Amway violates California's "endless chain" law
  • Amway deliberately deceives consumers to enroll in the pyramid scheme in which they inevitably suffer financial loss
  • Amway commits wire fraud and mail fraud

Compensation

Although Amway pitches that people can be financially free through its multi-level marketing model, the number of distributors who are able to generate a reliable income on a full-time basis may be lower than some expect. Here are the statistics:

• About 10 percent of all U.S. direct sellers work full time and are the highest earners
  • About three percent of all American direct sellers earn more than $50,000 per year
  • About six-tenths of one percent make more than $100,000 per year

Amway's level of retention can also be discouraging since less than 41 percent of its distributors are active. One source says that Amway's payouts to distributors shows that more than 99 percent of all who sign up never earn a profit.

The Bottom Line

If choosing a multi-level marketing business with a proven track record of sales is important to you, Amway will most likely be in your top three MLM companies to sell for.  Amway is also more forgiving to people who do not receive the experience they expected when signing up with the health and beauty company. Distributors have a money-back guarantee which gives them time to decide if Amway fits their needs. However, Amway is not foreign to lawsuits and questions of the integrity of its business practices. What do we suggest? Compare Amway to other multi-level marketing companies and how they best meet your personal goals and values. Also consider whether or not you want to be associated with a company who has settled in court due to pyramid scheme accusations.

Tom
June 12th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

They provide a needed service for many people. I like their products and like their service. They are, however, very pushy.

Valencia
May 18th, 2018 DETAILS

i'm an IBO and I can say that Amway never missed a check . Best company ever . So Amway or nothing ..

Carma
March 7th, 2018 DETAILS

I was signed up, received no support from my upline, and yes although Amway has good quality products you need a substantial amount to sign up and all the marketing materials, rally's etc is expensive. Felt like I needed to be a slave of the company to get ahead. It feels also like you are pushing those above you up rather than them pulling you up. Feels like you are working for your upline's wealth rather than truly prospering yourself...

Desi
January 23rd, 2018 DETAILS

Best products, best business oppertunity.

JANETTE
December 4th, 2017 Rohnert Park, CA DETAILS

I HAVE ALWAYS WONDERED HOW A NETWORK MARKETING COMPANY SUCH AS AMWAY COULD BE ACCUSED OF BEING A PYRAMID SCHEME. I'M A PLATINUM IN THE BUSINESS AND ONE OF MY DOWNLINES JUST QUALIFIED SAPHIRE(HIGHER LEVEL THAN ME /COMPENSATION A LOT HIGHER) 2 MONTHS AGO. SHE DID THIS BECAUSE SHE WORKED HARDER THAN ME. IN THIS BUSINESS YOU GET WHAT YOU PUT INTO IT. END OF STORY. BUT I HAVE REALIZED THAT ONLY PEOPLE WITH BALLS CAN DO THIS BUSINESS. THE MEDIOCRE WILL NOT THRIVE IN THIS BUSINESS. AMWAY GIVES PEOPLE HOPE. AND ANYONE WITH COMMON SENSE KNOWS THIS IS THE BEST NETWORK MARKETING COMPANY.

Alejandro
November 13th, 2017 Miami, FL DETAILS

Too expensive and hard to do business, they have a really bad reputation and is just a scam.

Adam Hershberger
September 20th, 2017

180 day money back guarantee for products. 90 days business Licence money back guarantee, Who does that? Only Amway. Amway has always treated me extremely well. Truly the best of the best.

Andres Ramon Concepcion
August 21st, 2017 Union City, NJ

Amway has phenomenal products, with a low startup cost. You make excellent margins on products 20-40%. You get excellent business training and sales/product training with the Britt System. The atmosphere is always positive, negativity is not allowed. You build great relationships and friendships. It becomes a franchise environment with support from an entire team and business system. You can purchase products at a heavily discounted price. You can expand your business in over 80+ countries world wide.

Chyi Ooi
August 9th, 2017

Hi, I have recently joined Amway, hoping to get a better business life here and it turns out to be really back luck for me. When I first join Amway, they provided me with a "Chart Your Course" which means spending a certain amount of dollar and will get $200 voucher. I did follow the instruction and they said that I will get the voucher via email within 5 business days. I waited for 2 months and there is NO EMAIL sent to me. So I called Amway headquarters to see what's going on. They told me that there is a $200 voucher in my account and expiry date is less than a month (must purchase more than $200 to get the voucher spent out). It is fine. So I went to Amway store which is 30 minutes drive from my place to buy products over $500. When I get to the check out counter, the staff told me that there is NO $200 voucher in my account. I was stunned.... I told the staff that I already called to the headquarters to confirm my voucher, why isn't any voucher in my accounts? So I decided to buy products worth $400 first. So l called the headquarters again the next day to see what is wrong again, and they said there is a $200 voucher, there must be something wrong with the system. I got so frustrated for all this mess. It was 4 more days to the beginning of a new month, so I hope that I could get a 3% point value out of my $600 products and things happened. The store manager told me that they will include my next month and this month purchase so that I can get 3%, but I must come to the store on the 1st of the month. Well, I haven't get my $200 voucher refund yet and you expect me to purchase with my own money first??? Where can I find my own money in 3 days time??? Become a beggar??? You think I do not need to pay for my bills? You think I am rich??? Luckily I still have some money to purchase on the first of the month. Well, I haven't got my 3% yet. Amway decided to send me a free product worth $40 only for compensation. They told me that the order will be there on a specific day so that I can come to the store for collection. The information was wrong. It did not delivered on that specific day. But had been delivered on the next day. End of my complain. Please update your system so there will not be any confusion and please don't tell your client that their product will be delivered on that specific date. All of your information is FAKE. If you are not sure, just tell them that you are not sure. You give me a very hard life since I joined your company.

Kaitline Fournier
June 2nd, 2017

What I can say about Amway is this. It has been around since 1959, is the only debt-free private company who helps people to have the freedom they want in their lives. YES, ofcourse you have to work for it. If you don't, you don't deserve the benefits it has. God has put us on this earth for a purpose. I haven't found any better option for helping people get their dreams in life and help others to do the same. It's the uneducated and unsuccessful people who have tried to give Amway a bad reputation, but anybody with a brain and common sense know that it's is truly the best, bar none, opportunity to secure your future and others. If it wasn't, it wouldn't be around after all these years and growing in leaps and bounds. Also, this business is not just about the income and lifestyle you can reach. It's about he integrity and the family we have made and have the pleasure of being around.

DESSS
May 22nd, 2017

High quality products,verry good business plan. Everyday use = recomendation = success.

Victor Alejandro Ruiz Uresti
May 15th, 2017

The products have a great quality and all products are daily used, this makes it easy to sell or recommend. Products have a warranty and also any investment you make. I'm very satisfied with the results of the company and it's time in the industry.

dinesh kumar vishwakarma
April 18th, 2017

Amway is the best company in Indai by their customer service, quality of products, ethics, sales training etc. None other of any company like Amway

KAREEM PHILLIPS
March 23rd, 2017

Amway Rocks! Billion dollar company that is debt free. President Chairmen of the US Chamber of Commerce. Owners of the Orlando Magic. A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau. Number 1 in the Health & Beauty industry. A company that stands for family, freedom and faith. For the last 58 years Amway has never miss a bonus check. That says a lot and explains why they are the number 1 Direct Sales Company in the world.

Moe Altamuro Eileen O'Brien
March 6th, 2017 Seminole, FL

If you are looking for a get rich quick scheme, this AIN'T it!! The "kingpin" marketing organizations referred to, when used as the resourse they were intended to be used as, are priceless to one's success. I believe that why AMway appears to have such a low success rate is reflective to the amoutn of people who are actually willing to invest in their business due to the inablility to walk out the principles outlined in the books we should read and the audios that are available to us. CHanging hurts. It even has a financial cost to some. But, this system is a no-brainer. Grateful for the opportunity to learn how to be a better business person with their proven systems!

Robin Lane
February 27th, 2017

Great company, great products.. 180 day 100% money back satisfaction. Over a thousand patents. Over 3 million independent Amway business owners in over 90 countries and territories! GO AMWAY!

Rachel Angel
February 15th, 2017

I have been experiencing the Amway Opportunity and Teams for 2 years now... best thinks ever happen to me. The best advise I can give to people is don't trust me or any one on internet. The haters probably have their own and very specific reason to be mad at this company but experiment it for yourself and see if it is for you or not! I was so skeptical and I am so bless I didnt listen all the bad things said on this company their ethic and their partnership with N21 made it for me so far the most growing and exciting experience!!! You don't know me but I am someone that needs ethic, equity, respect of human being and every living creature... I found that in so many level through this company!!! Our over consumption and crazy society is (for me) so wrong, it put sens back into my life and I can create my own economy since I am involve in this MLM!!! I love that chance and opportunity. Thanks Amway and all my beautiful team mate I am associate with... So bless to have met you on my path and thanks for your love and support!!

simona
February 14th, 2017

Absolutely love our amway business, such as all about it!

KAUSHAL KUMAR GAURAV
January 16th, 2017

It is the only company giving hope, lifestyle, healthand education of life to people..

Michael Thompson
January 11th, 2017

Experience was amazing they make you feel like you are part of the family. I love the products and the service I got was extremely helpful.

Juan
December 21st, 2016 Saddle Brook, NJ

is a type of business opportunity that is very popular with people looking for part-time, flexible businesses. Some of the best-known companies in America.

Jose J Mateo
November 30th, 2016

Great people best products, Costumer service, money back guarantee.

KASPARIKUTTY ANTONY
November 20th, 2016

I experienced that AMWAY is the best company in the world which pass on a major part of sales revenue to its customers.And it's system of marketing teach the people the values of life,enviornment, natural resources ,ethics etc.............

Antonio
October 27th, 2016 Orlando, FL

It is a company worth investing on , you have to learn and comit urself to do the busines because if you dont try it will not work by itself, this busines comits you to become a better person

Scott
October 3rd, 2016 Clarkston, MI

I am an IBO for the second time in my life. I tried when I was 20 and in the Air Force. Gonna make it rich in a year. Pffft. Naw. Can you get rich in Amway? Absolutely? Will you? Probably not. Same as any business you really have to work hard and put in a lot of time and capital in the beginning with little to no return. But you stick with it, don't quit before the miracle happens. This time around, I just want to work the business, maybe grow it a little, and make enough money to maybe get my wife home to raise our daughter and home school her full time. So, hey, if I can get it to $3000 a month....great. If not.....great. I love the products anyway and if some people want to come with me and maybe make a few bucks or just enjoy some good products, great. I'm happy with it and other people's opinions of me or my Amway business are none of my business. No need to be defensive....Amway's reputation speaks for itself.

Morgan
September 28th, 2016

Im a IBO from Amway and yes I was worried about the integerity of their business, not only from the past, but were their headed in the future. Amway has taken a bad wrap and yes they have paid their dues...they are still here and have nothing too hide. This is why I chose too run with Amway after all change is hard...but so is going after your DREAMS.

Bianca Marlyn Horta
September 17th, 2016

This company has very high credibility with their products! I love ALL their high quality products from A-Z!

Irina Shikula
September 26th, 2016 Fort Mill, SC

I love this company. I love all the stories I hear how people succeeded in their lives. It is low cost to get in. It is only $ 50 yearly fee just to stay active. You are not abligated to buy every month if you dont' want to. this company has the best compansation plan especially when you grow in this business, you get increadible surprise reward checks and more.

Josh Wets
August 13th, 2016

The company has a lot of great products, shipping can take up to 5 days, but their guarantee is amazing. Compensation plan is second to none, but YOU NEED TO PUT IN WORK to make it actually work. If you are a go getter or ambitious, this is for you. If you aren't then probably not. Lot's of really great people and NEVER had a weird experience. Just business minded people who are looking to get ahead.

Joel Salvador
September 26th, 2016 Spokane, WA

Amway is definitely not a get rich scheme or a pyramid based business. in the past they may have made errors like any company, but its not often that you come across a business that rewards you for your hard work. they are found on great moral principals and beliefs. the founders are marvelous people and the work they have done has brought financial freedom to many families. success in Amway does not come easy but you obtain a lot more than just money. Praise God for Amway and the education system that they have. with all respect to anyone who reads this.

Keimo Edwards
July 19th, 2016

Literally transformed my life.. with their good compensation plan. they are truly for the best interest of their IBOs

Vee
July 13th, 2016

Went to a meeting - was a cross between AA and a southern Baptist Church on Sunday but everyone had dazed looks in their eyes like they were in a cult. Had to have a shower when it was all over, still have nightmares

Greg T.
July 5th, 2016 Tustin, CA

Been involved since 2005, stayed focused for 3 weeks and got distracted by inlaws staying over for 2 months, driving them around, etc,. Kept trying to do it over the years but never consistently. I then recently figured out the reasons I wasn't showing the plan. Wrote them out and asked upline, etc. till I got the issues handled appropriately. Great products last and last, high quality, organic in many cases, not made in China, great return policies, and even with partner stores. Customer service is awesome. Also, a basketball in Lebron James is worth millions, and in mine $20.00 Same for this business, find someone who is successful and do what they did, stay consistent, have a big reason why you want to be free, and focus on that in the good and bad. When you want to quit and get so discouraged, that will keep you going , and keep a good relationship and communication with your upline coach and mentor.

Jacob Lehman
June 30th, 2016 Washington, DC

Solid company with great integrity from top to bottom. .....#1!!!

thabo
June 28th, 2016

The products are good and best,i love this work

Verfa Chen
June 23rd, 2016

The products are not really good i thinks because the products was made in china

Satyanand Bhoolai
June 1st, 2016 Deerfield Beach, FL

Best company and products

Larry Blake
May 20th, 2016 Tucson, AZ

Amway is largely responsible for the explosive growth of the entire Network Marketing industry. Its A+ rating with the BBB is well deserved. Anyone who goes by past court settlements does not know who the judicial system works. In civil cases, it is not necessarily an admission of guilt. Litigation is extremely expensive, and the time comes when one just has to put it to rest. Such was the case with Amway. The BBB rating ought to show where Amway stands regarding integrity. I was a distributor with Amway. I failed. When I search for the cause, I first look in the mirror. Network Marketing is the finest business opportunity in existence IF. YOU. WORK. AT. IT. and follow the right training. If you don't work at it, then quit and blame the industry, the company, your sponsor . . . anything but yourself. This seems the position of the average failure. But Amway stands at the top of the industry as a beacon. It gets a 10 from me.

Julio Vizcon
May 20th, 2016 Valrico, FL

Easiest company to work with i love it

Daniel Pierre