National Processing

7.6

LAST UPDATED: March 15th, 2021

National Processing provides several payment processing services including the following:

• Credit card processor solutions
  • Electronic invoicing
  • Mobile payments processing
  • ACH processing
  • Check processing

Founded in 2007, National Processing services both large and small businesses across the United States. National Processing's service-oriented mission is to build strong, trusting relationships with merchants. Additionally, the company promotes authenticity and seeks to carry out its mission with upfront pricing, efficient payment processing services, and transparent business practices.

Continue reading our National Processing review or jump straight to National Processing reviews from business owners and other clients.

The Good

• National Processing Promises
  • Customer Service
  • Upfront Pricing
  • Lowest Price Guarantee

National Processing Promises

National Processing makes promises that are commonly ignored in the merchant account industry.

First, the merchant account provider commits itself to be transparent in all credit card processing relationships.

Second, it promises that it won't hold customers to an annual contract, meaning there is no early termination fee.

Finally, it promises not to raise the original rates provided to each merchant. The monthly fee and processing fees you pay at the start of your merchant account are what you will pay for the duration of your contract.

It’s one thing to make promises of dedication to customers; it’s another thing entirely to actually keep those promises. The company’s excellent business practices demonstrate the authenticity that it promises.

The majority of National Processing’s customer reviews reflect largely positive customer experiences. Not requiring customers to sign a contract shows the value of customer satisfaction over the desire to turn a profit.

Upfront Pricing

National Processing promises consumers that no hidden fees will be added to the final price of their credit card processing. Additionally, customers can expect all fees to be shown upfront on the website before even contacting the merchant accounts company. For example, the Membership Plans and transaction costs are as follows:

• Small to medium restaurant: $10/month (0.15% + $0.07)
  • Small to medium eCommerce: $10/month (0.30% + $0.15)
  • Small to medium retail: $10/month (0.20% + $0.10)
  • $200,000 or less: $59/month (0% + $0.09)
  • $200,000 or more: $199/month (0% + $0.05)

Customers who want more information can simply visit National Processing’s pricing page, which lists the expected cost per $100 transaction.

Lowest Price Guarantee

In addition to its competitive rates, National Processing offers a price guarantee: if it can't beat a competitor's rates, the company will pay you $500.

The Bad

Fees

Though the company is upfront with its fees, be aware that there are fees beyond the monthly membership.

National Processing charges the following fees for credit card and debit card transactions:

• Interchange
  • Assessment fees
  • National Processing margins

Transactions are also subject to additional fees from the company's processing solutions partners, such as Clover.

The Bottom Line

National Processing has received overall positive online feedback from its customers; negative merchant services reviews usually come from a company's lack of quality customer care, a problem that National Processing does not appear to have.

We recommend customers consider choosing National Processing's payment processing services as a possible alternative to less-affordable merchant services.

Read reviews below to hear from National Processing customers.

Call our recommended rep over at National Processing below.

Van Woodward

My nephew was involved with them and I like knowing who I'm dealing with you know. I like knowing who I can talk to personally if I want to get things done. He's not working there anymore, but I have a specific person that I talk to if I need anything. It's this person and people like him that keep me with National Processing. In general, customer service is good. If you have a problem, they'll take care of it. However, when it comes to being transparent, they are not that great. They sometimes add or change prices and things that they don't notify you about. If there's a problem, if you're not being compliant or something, they should call you and let you know those things.

Ben Valdez Fairfield, CA

It was referred to me through Tranont since we're part of it. The system is super user friendly, anybody can use it easily. It was a safe system and we were able to get payments quickly. It helped our business. They have been able to answer all the questions that we've had and responded to all of our concerns. The only time things were difficult was when we were trying to cancel the service. It took a long time before they responded to us in that matter. We're still having issues with that since they're still deducting a certain fee from our account.

Reply from National Processing

We are glad to provide you with our service. If you are still having issues please reach out to us at 1-800-720-3323 and let us know what more we can do to help!

Joshua Andrews

I never actually signed up for National Processing, but I was working with them. I found the concept of it and what it could do very compelling. I was working with a couple of companies that could've saved quite a bit of money with it.

Varun Arora

The pricing and their customer service where the main things that drew me in. So far customer service has been able to resolve any issues I had right away. I'd only suggest that they make their follow up calls a bit more timely.

Reply from National Processing

We appreciate the feedback Varun! We apologize for any inconveniences you have experienced and if you have any other suggestions let us know at . Thank you!

Kimberly Umphrey

They don't really own the software and equipment that we got, those belong to a different company that's in a partnership with them. I'd like them to send a newsletter or something of the sort with updates to let us know when the rates change. I know that the government mandates they do that and it'd be nice to know when that happens.

Greg Martin Spokane, WA

Since their rates seemed okay and it was recommended by someone to me, I decided to go with it. I had my own equipment, so I didn't really need to use theirs to be honest.

Chris Rivello Batavia, OH

They offered the best rates, that's why I went with it. I feel like they've been pretty responsive so far, I haven't had any issue with them or the equipment so far.

Reply from National Processing

Glad to hear about your positive experience with us so far, Chris! We will keep it up!

Feb. 16th, 2018

MarkElliot

service is very good when you call with a proble. We have both a portable and stable machine with numerous transactions a day.

Reply from National Processing

Great to hear about our products and service being of benefit to you! Anything else we can improve on let us know at !

Mar. 1st, 2018

TrevorEmond

Easy and fast communication. Would fave preferred a less bulky terminal but I guess you get what you pay for and I like the rates :)

Brian A

Someone recommended it to me. The system just worked. Customer service's response time was the best, they did a good job.

Reply from National Processing

Thanks for the review! We always appreciate positive feedback!

Lori M Haury Bonanza, OR

They have been good to work with. I was surprised that they deducted money’s from my account before verifying what a customer said. I then had to show the proof to have the funds re-deposited. I am their customer and should have been asked for the proof first.

Daniel Sommerfeld

I have been very satisfied with National Processing regarding the low fees and how quickly I get my money. One draw back I have had is that I have not yet been able to process debit card payments even though in a telephone conversation was told that I would be able to accept them.

Richard

Transition was relatively smooth. Wished I had more info./support setting up account and getting monthly statements.

Reply from National Processing

Thanks for the feedback, Richard. At anytime you can email us at or call at 1-800-720-3323 and we can provide more support on your account and details regarding the monthly statements!

Feb. 22nd, 2018

Ramandeep Dhillon

We had no MSE before, so when they called I took them up on it. It's a good service overall, though it's not the best.

Barry Farris McKinney, TX

We have been with National Processing now for about a year and a half. We have been pleased with the service and haven’t had any issues. In the process of buying two more car washes that we will be changing over.

MichaelGill

Easy to use. Good customer service. No headaches. Low fees.

SMITHFIELD IMPLEMENT Smithfield, UT

Very friendly and helpful gets the job done quickly, We are not waiting days to get the fix on are credit card mistakes. Done in same day.

TeleenHartvigsen

they have worked well for us and lowered what we pay out

Reply from National Processing

Great to hear our competitive prices have benefitted you! Thanks, Teleen!

Mar. 12th, 2018

Brian

Overall it's ok but there's always room for improvement.

John McGough Columbus, OH

Online ach and credit card processing at a reasoanable rate.

Andrew Herres Lewiston, ID

They weren't pushy about sales and are genuine and honest

Reply from National Processing

We make sure to be thorough and transparent. Thanks for the review!

Feb. 27th, 2018