Founded in 2007, National Processing is a merchant services provider that manages payment processing solutions for over 8,000 locations across the nation and services both large and small businesses. National Processing’s service-oriented mission is to build strong, trusting relationships with merchants. Additionally, the company promotes authenticity and seeks to carry out its mission with upfront pricing, top-rated payment processing services, and transparent business practices.

The Good

• National Processing Promises
  • Customer Service
  • No Hidden Fees
  • Competitive Rates and Services
  • Charitable Giving

National Processing Promises

National Processing makes promises that are commonly ignored in the merchant account industry. First, the company commits itself to be transparent in all credit card processing relationships. Second, it promises that it won’t hold customers to an annual contract. Finally, it promises not to raise the origianl rates provided to each merchant. Above all, National Processing wants to be trusted by its customers; every promise made stems from its desire to fulfill this purpose. These are the quality of promises that lead to a glowing merchant services provider.

It’s one thing to make promises of dedication to customers; it’s another thing entirely to actually keep those promises. The company’s excellent business practices demonstrate the authenticity that it promises. The comments on National Processing’s social media pages are largely positive customer experiences. Not requiring customers to sign a contract shows the value of customer satisfaction over the desire to turn a profit.

No Hidden Fees and Upfront Pricing

National Processing promises its customers that no hidden fees will be added to the final price of their credit card processing. Additionally, customers can expect all fees to be shown upfront on the website before even contacting the merchant accounts company. For example, the Membership Plans cost as follows:

• $200,000 or less: $59/month 0% + $0.09
  • $200,000 or more: $199/month 0% + $0.05

Competitive Rates and Services

Potential customers of National Processing who are concerned about pricing must look at two separate pricing criteria: monthly fees and transaction fees. National Processing provides customers with consistently competitive rates, meaning customers have the assurance that prices are among the best in the industry. The company charges a monthly fee of $9.95 for its payment processing services. Customers who want more information can simply visit National Processing’s “pricing” page, which lists the expected cost per $100 transaction. In addition to its competitive rates, National Processing provides several payment processing services including credit card processor solutions, web payment processing, mobile payments processing, ACH transfers, and check processing.

Charitable Giving

The company not only cares about its customers but also about the community at large—10 percent of company profits are donated to charity. Its mission to create a relationship of trust with customers becomes more believable when one sees the charitable efforts that are being made.

The Bad

Multiple Fees

Though the company is upfront with its fees, there do seem to be many. One of these fees is the monthly fees. National Processing stands by its decision to be transparent and invites merchants to compare its fees and prices for credit card payments to other companies in the industry. The following is a list of all the fees National Processing charges for credit cards and debit cards transactions, as well as all of their other fees.

• Interchange and Margins: 0.20% + $0.10
  • AVS Fee: $0.05 per transaction
  • Batch Fee: $0.10 per batch
  • PCI Compliance: $4.95/month
  • PIN Debit Card Fees: No markup/pass-through at cost

The Bottom Line

National Processing has received overall positive online feedback from its customers; negative merchant services reviews usually come from a company's lack of quality customer care, a problem that National Processing does not have. Customers have found the company’s transparency promise to be authentic, its pricing to be fair and accurate, and its employees to be helpful. National Processing also offers several quality payment processing solutions including services like mobile payments processing and ACH transfers.

Though the company does seem to have several fees, it is upfront about them. If customers are still concerned with pricing, the payment processor's website offers a look at how much a payment processing customer might expect to pay per a $100 transaction. National Processing proves that it is a trusted merchant account provider by emphasizing its customers' needs. We recommend customers consider choosing National Processing's payment processing services as a possible alternative to other top merchant services.

View Best Merchant Account Service Companies

Call our recommended rep over at National Processing below.

February 15th, 2018 Springville, UT DETAILS

They have good rates and good customer service so far. They are quick and knowledgeable when they communicate with you. So far the app has worked out fine, it seems to have no problems and processed things as it should.

February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

The cost was what convinced me of going with them. The equipment works quickly. I haven't used the customer support a whole lot, but they seem good.

Hannah Pizzo
February 15th, 2018 San Diego, CA DETAILS

I was starting a new business from scrap, so I needed a service like theirs. I actually liked their web portal thingy, it was just a little hard to understand sometimes. I actually ended up canceling after a bit and doing that took a while. I didn't really get any information about the cancellation process or anything. I was still getting billed for some things after I thought everything had been canceled.

Mar 12, 2018

We are sorry for the unfavorable experience you had. What is the account that was being billed after you cancelled? Let us know this and any other information by either replying here or emailing us at [email protected] We would love to help make this experience more positive for you. Thanks for the feedback Hannah!

Hanna Jones
February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

I used to have a different program that wasn't that great, so we switched and use this instead. The system is very easy to use. I think they're pretty great. Every time I call about anything, customer support always resolves things quickly.

Kathy Wiebe
February 15th, 2018 Wichita, KS DETAILS

They were a much more economical option, so I went with them. The system is easy and they respond very quick when we call them. They're also very easy to talk to.

Ken Fraser
February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

A friend of mine was representing their company, so I switched to it. I had a lot of challenges, not necessarily with National Processing itself, but with their connecting gateway company. There are some software changes I'd like them to implement though. For instance, to check all your transactions and movements in your account, National Processing has two separate accounts that you have to look at to see everything. The other two programs that we use in our other businesses have everything under one account. Because of that difference, I stopped logging into the other account that came with my National Processing service. Still, I think they're pretty great.

Kim Wiens
February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

I found it through a friend of mine. I haven't had to deal with customer service for too much. Whenever I do they have been good. The system works quite well for me but there's always room for improvement. Overall they're good.

Leslie Anderson
February 15th, 2018 Orem, UT DETAILS

The owner is a personal friend, so I thought I'd try it. Customer support has helped me whenever I had a question and they have top of the line equipment. They're just a very qualified and professional company.

Morgan Carter
February 15th, 2018 Orem, UT DETAILS

I was using Tranont and just needed a merchant account for some of our cards, so I got National Processing too. I haven't really had a reason to call customer service yet. The equipment just works, it's all good.

February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

I went with them since they were cheap. It's a little frustrating though, their equipment can't do the same things that the one I had before. They really should bring their software up to date.

Jordan Monga
February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

We never had an issue with customer service, though we didn't really talk to anybody. We never really ran into any problems with the system.

Rhonda Inocente
February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

They work with a company called Tranont and since I'm with them I got to save a little when I got National Processing. We just use their online gateway, we don't really need the software, but that looks ancient. It's just very plain, not modern looking at all, and it's not the easiest system to get around in. It could use some work. Customer service is good, they know who I am when I call them. They're always very helpful to me and my clients, plus they're very personable. It's a good service.

Richard Heftel
February 15th, 2018 Provo, UT DETAILS

Their service was what convinced me of getting it. It's easy to use the software and the customer service person that helps me is great.

Rebekah Pierson
February 15th, 2018 Pasco, WA DETAILS

Their equipment works perfectly and I haven't had any problems with it. I've never had any issues with processing payments and such. If anything comes up, customer support answers my questions promptly. I do wish I could get paid a commission from them, but I'm not busy enough or get enough clients to meet their guidelines for that.

Kirby Smith
February 15th, 2018 Orem, UT DETAILS

I had a sale guy come by and tell me about their discount rates and everything. Since it was way better than what I was paying, I decided to go with it. I haven't really used customer support much, thank goodness. The service itself is good though. As for the system, I'm not sure if the way the ticket is formatted and comes out is my favorite, but it's good.

Sal Silva
February 15th, 2018 Mesa, AZ DETAILS

They were recommended to me by a friend, so I tried them and they turned out to be good. We are happy with the program so far, it's excellent. The software is good and easy to use. I can enter and save information, so I don't have to re-enter things every time I want to change something. Customer service always answers the phone on time and never gives me any problems.

Cris Borland
February 15th, 2018 Hayward, CA DETAILS

I picked them since the percentage was good. Installing the system was just very easy to install. Customer service is always available when I need to ask a question. It has been a good experience so far. I haven't found a reason to doubt them.

Kimberly Umphrey
February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

They don't really own the software and equipment that we got, those belong to a different company that's in a partnership with them. I'd like them to send a newsletter or something of the sort with updates to let us know when the rates change. I know that the government mandates they do that and it'd be nice to know when that happens.

Mike Wells
February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

I switched to save money. So far it has been a good experience. I find the system to be relatively easy to use.

February 15th, 2018 Franklin, WI DETAILS

They were the provider with the lowest cost, that's why we picked it. The equipment is just average, there's nothing spectacular about it. It gets the job done. Their customer service is really bad, they don't call you back when they say they will. They need to work on that and on getting written procedures for installing, quitting, and maintaining their equipment. They have none of that right now.

Feb 21, 2018

We are sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience with our customer service. We strive to provide the best in house support and appreciate the feedback. We have dedicated representatives to help set up installation and activating equipment. We would love to help you! Reach out to us at [email protected] and let us know what we can do!

Unser Ahmed
February 15th, 2018 Palatine, IL DETAILS

Since I'm a Tranont member they give me business support for my company, National Processing just came with it. I personally love National Processing, I've referred many people to it because of their professionalism. They just do things in a timely manner and have the best rates out there. Sometimes it's a bit hard to get a hold of them, but they're great. The system is very easy to use too.

Lovetta Stevenson
February 15th, 2018 Utica, MI DETAILS

I got it to give my customers the option of paying with credit cards or checks. The software and equipment are kind of outdated though. They should also improve their customer service and have a faster response time.

Feb 21, 2018

We are sorry to hear about your experience, Lovetta. Which customer of yours was it that had the issues with the software and equipment? We always appreciate feedback on how we can improve!

Lance Gentry
February 14th, 2018 Weiser, ID DETAILS

I have to say that national processing is the BOMB. No years of a lease agreement or any types of small fine print that you can’t see. They are very helpful throughout any process you decide to go through. Customer service is top notch. I would recommend anyone who has merchant services to join up with these guys. Bar none the best. I sold my business and no cancelation fees. Bank of America merchant services, you are terrible!!!!

Tim Duncan
February 14th, 2018 Corpus Christi, TX DETAILS

My experience with National Processing has been nothing but positive. Or monthly subscription transactions and daily incidental sales are handled flawlessly. Customer service, when needed, is professional and prompt.

Dena Simister
February 14th, 2018 Coalville, UT DETAILS

We've been very happy with our National Processing experience. Fair rates, great support, no hassles, and no surprises.

Cory Pulsipher
February 14th, 2018 Orem, UT DETAILS

I've been using National Processing for over 2 years now and they have been a great partner. They are quick to respond to my questions and always very professional.

RICHARD HEFTEL
February 14th, 2018 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

Josh is fabulous to work with. doesn't get any better

Logan
February 6th, 2018 Chatsworth, CA DETAILS

Very easy set up, great customer service. They are always there to help you. I would definitely recommend them, and if you can get the Clover, it’s perfect for any kind of business

Feb 07, 2018

We emphasize customer service and are pleased to hear about your experience with us! We are always here to help you!

Rick Clayton
February 6th, 2018 Orem, UT DETAILS

My business has used Nation Processing for our business for over 5 years. Their service has been great, but their fees have saved our business thousands of dollars over the years.

Feb 06, 2018

Great to hear about our prices helping you out, we strive to provide the best, lowest rates possible! Thanks, Rick!

Darrin Hallman
February 6th, 2018 Saint George, UT DETAILS

National Processing us has allowed us to get a much better handle on our accounts receivable. The low cost or their EFT/ACH transactions have allowed us to process payments faster than waiting for checks from our clients and offer a huge savings over credit card transactions. We have found their credit card fees to be competitive as well. Their customer service has also been excellent on the rare occasions we have needed to call.

Feb 07, 2018

That is great we were able to help your business run more efficiently. We look forward to our continued working relationship. Thanks for the review, Darrin!

Charles Markham
February 6th, 2018 Norwell, MA DETAILS

Very happy with their product. We searched high and low for an online eCheck processor with reasonable fees.

Feb 06, 2018

We are happy you found us and are delighted with your satisfaction with our product!

Creative Household Services
January 22nd, 2018 DETAILS

Great customer service, quick set up, easy to work with.

Feb 05, 2018

We appreciate your positive feedback and look forward to doing business with you!

Nick
January 22nd, 2018 DETAILS

Went above and beyond and fixed any problem we had

Feb 05, 2018

Glad to hear you are happy with our customer service, Nick!

California State Firefighters Welfare Benefit Corp.
January 22nd, 2018 DETAILS

We have used other companies and we found NatPay to be Easy to use, accurate, best price,

Feb 05, 2018

We strive to be honest and transparent with everyone we work with and are glad you have found that with us!

Cara Leeds
January 8th, 2018 Derby, KS DETAILS

We have had good luck with our experience so far. Easy to work with. Helpful staff. But not good on returning calls.

Feb 05, 2018

We are sorry for not getting back more efficiently on calls. However we do appreciate your patience with us and feedback. Thank you!

Dan Richey
December 14th, 2017 West Jordan, UT DETAILS

National Processing is a GREAT COMPANY to work with!! We have been with them for about a year and a half. Previously, with a different merchant provider, we had problems with limits, high rates, and customer service. We made the switch to National Processing and have been very happy with their merchant processing and their customer service. Highly recommend doing business with them. - Dan, Ship Central.

Leo Papadopoulos
December 14th, 2017

worst company ever! Their mouth says one thing....and their body does another.....they are self serving, and I have the lowest opinion of them possible. Do yourself a favor and look under any other rock than this one.....lowest form of life i have encountered

Feb 06, 2018

Thank you for the feedback, Leo. We are sorry about the bad experience you had with us. Please reach out to us giving us more details on what happened and if there is anything we can do. We would love the opportunity to work with you!

Brittany
December 14th, 2017 South Jordan, UT DETAILS

The people at National Processing are always available to answer my questions. Even it I ask the same question a couple times a year they are eager to please. My statements are easy to read and their charges/rates are better than other companies I have looked at.

Karen Zagami
December 14th, 2017 Jupiter, FL DETAILS

I have been vert happy with your staff. Anytime I call I speak with Nate C. he is always available to help.

Jim Smith
December 13th, 2017 Stockbridge, GA DETAILS

This is my first year with NP. Been having a difficult time settling batches. They have provided excellent service to fix the problems. We don't believe it is on their end but on mine. I am trying to use a phone line and it just isn't working. I believe its the sorry phone line I have with AT&T. I am a seasonal vendor (Christmas Trees) so my issues are often not taken seriously by AT&T. If NP had not taken me seriously I probably couldn't take CC's.

Mad Dash Delivery
December 12th, 2017 Lewiston, ID DETAILS

Cheap fees. During the signing up process our business name was not properly recorded which ended up costing us almost $3,500 in government fees. Lack of attention to detail on National Processing's part. Very disappointed.

Feb 06, 2018

We are very sorry to hear about your experience during the signing process. When we looked into this, the miscommunication seems to have happened when we were getting the Tax ID from you. When that happens, you are only supposed to be charged $10 a month. Can you email [email protected] letting us know why you were charged so much? Thank you for the feedback.

Scott price
December 12th, 2017 Orem, UT

I have dealt with Merchant companies for the past 20 years, and I’ve never dealt with such a professional level of processor. The customer service is great. The products are great. The money going into our account is fast. I would suggest national processing for every business owner. This was definitely the best decision for our company. To go with National Processing.

Feb 13, 2018

We will happily continue to provide you with great service! Thanks Scott!

Jerry Pierce
December 12th, 2017 Gooding, ID DETAILS

We conducted some thorough research prior to changing our credit card processing services. National Processing was the only company that had polite and friendly customer service, prompt responses to requests for information, and they ended up saving us money in the end.

Cindy Van Vliet
December 12th, 2017 Modesto, CA DETAILS

I really love the staff at National Processing. They are very helpful. Since we switched to National Processing we have not had any issues. The processing time is very fast usually by the next day sometimes sooner. I also love how simple it is to run a credit card. I would recommend them. Thank you National Processing for great service.

Brett Bailey
December 12th, 2017 American Fork, UT DETAILS

We have used National Processing from the first day we started taking credit card payments. They integrated well with Quickbooks and with our website. Whenever we have a question, it is easy to get someone on the line to discuss it with.

Barry Farris
December 12th, 2017 McKinney, TX DETAILS

We have been with National Processing now for about a year and a half. We have been pleased with the service and haven’t had any issues. In the process of buying two more car washes that we will be changing over.

Robert R
December 12th, 2017 Sarasota, FL DETAILS

Tried many other processors and was either over charged or had terrible service (or a combination of both). These guys have been accessible, helpful, transparent, and awesome to deal with. I did my research about different companies and so glad I found National.

Tcherina Zylstra
December 12th, 2017 DETAILS

Every step of the process was done with professional and friendly service. When I had an issue with machine the customer service line was exceptional in fixing the problem , friendly and done in a very timely manner.

Tyler Hurst
December 12th, 2017 Star, ID DETAILS

It has truly been a wonderful experience to work with the team at national processing. What is most impressive is their very responsive customer service! They get right back to you, plus the setup process was Simple and quick. No Better company in processing than National Processing!

Daniel Sommerfeld
December 12th, 2017 DETAILS

I have been very satisfied with National Processing regarding the low fees and how quickly I get my money. One draw back I have had is that I have not yet been able to process debit card payments even though in a telephone conversation was told that I would be able to accept them.