Contact A Company$100 Satisfaction Guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

National Processing

verified

National Processing

verified
No hidden fees, upfront pricing, and great customer experiences

Founded in 2007, National Processing is a merchant services provider that manages payment processing solutions for over 8,000 locations across the nation and services both large and small businesses. National Processing’s mission is to build strong, trusting relationships with merchants. Additionally, the company promotes authenticity and seeks to carry out its mission with upfront pricing, top-rated payment processing services, and transparent business practices.

The Good

• National Processing Promises
  • Customer Service
  • No Hidden Fees
  • Competitive Rates and Services
  • Charitable Giving

National Processing Promises

National Processing makes promises that are commonly ignored in the merchant account industry. First, the company commits itself to be transparent in its credit card processing relationships. Second, it promises that it won’t hold customers to an annual contract. Finally, it promises not to raise the rates originally provided to each merchant. Above all, National Processing wants to be trusted by its customers; every promise made stems from its desire to fulfill this purpose. These are the types of promises that lead to a glowing merchant services provider.

It’s one thing to make promises of dedication to customers; it’s another thing entirely to actually keep those promises. The company’s excellent business practices demonstrate the authenticity that it promises. The comments on National Processing’s social media pages are largely positive customer experiences. The simple fact that the company does not require its customers to sign a contract shows that it values dedication to customer satisfaction over its desire to turn a profit.

No Hidden Fees and Upfront Pricing

National Processing promises its customers that no hidden fees will be added to the end price of their credit card processing. Additionally, customers can expect all fees to be shown upfront on the website before even contacting the merchant accounts company.

Competitive Rates and Services

Potential customers of National Processing who are concerned about pricing must look at two separate pricing criteria: monthly fees and transaction fees. National Processing provides customers with extremely competitive rates, meaning customers have the assurance that prices are among the best in the industry. The company charges a monthly fee of $9.95 for its payment processing services. Customers who want more information can simply visit National Processing’s “pricing” page, which lists the expected cost per $100 transaction. In addition to its competitive rates, National Processing provides several payment processing services including credit card processor solutions, web payment processing, mobile payments processing, ACH transfers, and check processing.

Charitable Giving

The company not only cares about its customers but also about the community at large—10 percent of company profits are donated to charity. Its mission to create a relationship of trust with customers becomes more believable when one takes its charitable giving into account.

The Bad

Multiple Fees

Though the company is upfront with its fees, there do seem to be many of them including monthly fees. National Processing stands by its decision to be transparent and invites merchants to compare its fees and prices for credit card payments to other companies in the industry. The following is a list of all the fees National Processing charges for credit cards and debit cards transactions, as well as all of their other fees.

• Interchange and Margins: 0.20% + $0.10
  • ACH Rejection Fee: $15.00 per instance
  • AVS Fee: $0.05 per transaction
  • Batch Fee: $0.10 per batch
  • PIN Debit Card Fees: No markup/pass-through at cost

The Bottom Line

National Processing has received overall positive online feedback from its customers; negative merchant services reviews usually come from a company's lack of quality customer care, a problem that National Processing does not have. Customers have found the company’s transparency promise to be authentic, its pricing to be fair and accurate, and its employees to be helpful. National Processing also offers several quality payment processing solutions including services like mobile payments processing and ACH transfers.

Though the company does seem to have several fees, it is upfront about them. If customers are still concerned with pricing, the payment processor's website offers a look at how much a payment processing customer might expect to pay per a $100 transaction. National Processing proves that it is a trusted merchant account provider by emphasizing its customers' needs. We recommend customers consider choosing National Processing's payment processing services as a possible alternative to other top merchant services.

View Best Merchant Account Service Companies

Brian
February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

Overall it's ok but there's always room for improvement.

February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

A friend referred me to it, that's why I got it. They have been worst than any other software I've used though. I don't like them, there's a lot of things they should change about how they do things.

Feb 15, 2018

We are sorry to hear that! What has been so bad about the software? Reach out to us at [email protected] and we will help you!

Varun Arora
February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

The pricing and their customer service where the main things that drew me in. So far customer service has been able to resolve any issues I had right away. I'd only suggest that they make their follow up calls a bit more timely.

Feb 15, 2018

We appreciate the feedback Varun! We apologize for any inconveniences you have experienced and if you have any other suggestions let us know at [email protected] Thank you!

Bart Roylance
February 15th, 2018 Smithfield, UT DETAILS

My boss was the one that decided to get it. Still, when we use the system we get fast results and when we call they give us the answers that we need very quickly.

Feb 15, 2018

We will always get back to you as soon as we can to give you the results you want. Thanks, Bart!

Spencer Folkman
February 15th, 2018 Orem, UT DETAILS

A friend referred them to me. The system is a little slow lately and we would actually like to have better instructions for when we run into problems with it. Outside of that, we really haven't had to call them much.

Feb 15, 2018

We can help you out Spencer. Our in-house service team is great with helping with these kind of issues. Call us at 1-800-720-3323 and we will walk you through it!

Ben Valdez
February 15th, 2018 Fairfield, CA DETAILS

It was referred to me through Tranont since we're part of it. The system is super user friendly, anybody can use it easily. It was a safe system and we were able to get payments quickly. It helped our business. They have been able to answer all the questions that we've had and responded to all of our concerns. The only time things were difficult was when we were trying to cancel the service. It took a long time before they responded to us in that matter. We're still having issues with that since they're still deducting a certain fee from our account.

Feb 15, 2018

We are glad to provide you with our service. If you are still having issues please reach out to us at 1-800-720-3323 and let us know what more we can do to help!

Brian A
February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

Someone recommended it to me. The system just worked. Customer service's response time was the best, they did a good job.

Feb 15, 2018

Thanks for the review! We always appreciate positive feedback!

Cheryl Bell
February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

I was referred to them. When I signed up I was supposed to get some kind of training on how to take payments and such, but I never received that. I never got the processing equipment and received no follow up from them either.

Feb 22, 2018

We appreciate the feedback you gave us over the phone. If there is ever anything else we can do to help out don't hesitate to reach out at [email protected]! Looking forward to our continued working relationship!

Craig Reeves
February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

The service seemed good and, with the pricing and the customized packages, it all sounded like a great thing to get. As far as I know, my customers are satisfied and have had no issues with the system. Customer service does its job well and takes care of everything immediately. They're just very friendly, knowledgeable, and pay attention to details. The job gets done in a timely manner and they resolve your problems.

Feb 15, 2018

Happy to be of service, Craig!

Chris Rivello
February 15th, 2018 Batavia, OH DETAILS

They offered the best rates, that's why I went with it. I feel like they've been pretty responsive so far, I haven't had any issue with them or the equipment so far.

Feb 16, 2018

Glad to hear about your positive experience with us so far, Chris! We will keep it up!

D.M.
February 15th, 2018 Orlando, FL DETAILS

I went with them since they had the best rates. They have always answered my questions and solved things every time I needed them.

Feb 16, 2018

We take pride in the rates we provide. Great to hear they have been of benefit to you!

Larry Eldreth
February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

We used to be a branch from another business and since we were going to become retailers we needed a way to take payments from our customers. That's why we went with National Processing. Once they helped me set everything up on our computer, it was super easy to process payments. I'm not really a computer person, but the process is fairly simple and easy to understand, it just works great. I haven't had to use customer support much since then, things have just gone very smoothly.

Feb 22, 2018

Thanks for the positive feedback!

Sterling Fitzgerald
February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

They were highly recommended and since they are a local company I decided to go with them. Customer support is amazing, whenever I need them for anything they're happy to help. They're just good people to work with. I've never had any trouble with them.

February 15th, 2018 Springville, UT DETAILS

They have good rates and good customer service so far. They are quick and knowledgeable when they communicate with you. So far the app has worked out fine, it seems to have no problems and processed things as it should.

Darrell Morgan
February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

They had good reviews for their service and offered us the best rates. That's why we picked them. I ran into a little bit of an issue when I tried to add another machine. Deposits weren't being made to the account and things turned into a real mess. It took us a couple of weeks to figure everything out. Still, everything works really well. The business rep that helps us does an excellent job at handling any issues that comes up.

February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

The cost was what convinced me of going with them. The equipment works quickly. I haven't used the customer support a whole lot, but they seem good.

Hannah Pizzo
February 15th, 2018 San Diego, CA DETAILS

I was starting a new business from scrap, so I needed a service like theirs. I actually liked their web portal thingy, it was just a little hard to understand sometimes. I actually ended up canceling after a bit and doing that took a while. I didn't really get any information about the cancellation process or anything. I was still getting billed for some things after I thought everything had been canceled.

Mar 12, 2018

We are sorry for the unfavorable experience you had. What is the account that was being billed after you cancelled? Let us know this and any other information by either replying here or emailing us at [email protected] We would love to help make this experience more positive for you. Thanks for the feedback Hannah!

Hanna Jones
February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

I used to have a different program that wasn't that great, so we switched and use this instead. The system is very easy to use. I think they're pretty great. Every time I call about anything, customer support always resolves things quickly.

Kathy Wiebe
February 15th, 2018 Wichita, KS DETAILS

They were a much more economical option, so I went with them. The system is easy and they respond very quick when we call them. They're also very easy to talk to.

Ken Fraser
February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

A friend of mine was representing their company, so I switched to it. I had a lot of challenges, not necessarily with National Processing itself, but with their connecting gateway company. There are some software changes I'd like them to implement though. For instance, to check all your transactions and movements in your account, National Processing has two separate accounts that you have to look at to see everything. The other two programs that we use in our other businesses have everything under one account. Because of that difference, I stopped logging into the other account that came with my National Processing service. Still, I think they're pretty great.

Kim Wiens
February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

I found it through a friend of mine. I haven't had to deal with customer service for too much. Whenever I do they have been good. The system works quite well for me but there's always room for improvement. Overall they're good.

Leslie Anderson
February 15th, 2018 Orem, UT DETAILS

The owner is a personal friend, so I thought I'd try it. Customer support has helped me whenever I had a question and they have top of the line equipment. They're just a very qualified and professional company.

Morgan Carter
February 15th, 2018 Orem, UT DETAILS

I was using Tranont and just needed a merchant account for some of our cards, so I got National Processing too. I haven't really had a reason to call customer service yet. The equipment just works, it's all good.

February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

I went with them since they were cheap. It's a little frustrating though, their equipment can't do the same things that the one I had before. They really should bring their software up to date.

Jordan Monga
February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

We never had an issue with customer service, though we didn't really talk to anybody. We never really ran into any problems with the system.

Rhonda Inocente
February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

They work with a company called Tranont and since I'm with them I got to save a little when I got National Processing. We just use their online gateway, we don't really need the software, but that looks ancient. It's just very plain, not modern looking at all, and it's not the easiest system to get around in. It could use some work. Customer service is good, they know who I am when I call them. They're always very helpful to me and my clients, plus they're very personable. It's a good service.

Richard Heftel
February 15th, 2018 Provo, UT DETAILS

Their service was what convinced me of getting it. It's easy to use the software and the customer service person that helps me is great.

Rebekah Pierson
February 15th, 2018 Pasco, WA DETAILS

Their equipment works perfectly and I haven't had any problems with it. I've never had any issues with processing payments and such. If anything comes up, customer support answers my questions promptly. I do wish I could get paid a commission from them, but I'm not busy enough or get enough clients to meet their guidelines for that.

Kirby Smith
February 15th, 2018 Orem, UT DETAILS

I had a sale guy come by and tell me about their discount rates and everything. Since it was way better than what I was paying, I decided to go with it. I haven't really used customer support much, thank goodness. The service itself is good though. As for the system, I'm not sure if the way the ticket is formatted and comes out is my favorite, but it's good.

Sal Silva
February 15th, 2018 Mesa, AZ DETAILS

They were recommended to me by a friend, so I tried them and they turned out to be good. We are happy with the program so far, it's excellent. The software is good and easy to use. I can enter and save information, so I don't have to re-enter things every time I want to change something. Customer service always answers the phone on time and never gives me any problems.

Cris Borland
February 15th, 2018 Hayward, CA DETAILS

I picked them since the percentage was good. Installing the system was just very easy to install. Customer service is always available when I need to ask a question. It has been a good experience so far. I haven't found a reason to doubt them.

Kimberly Umphrey
February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

They don't really own the software and equipment that we got, those belong to a different company that's in a partnership with them. I'd like them to send a newsletter or something of the sort with updates to let us know when the rates change. I know that the government mandates they do that and it'd be nice to know when that happens.

Mike Wells
February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

I switched to save money. So far it has been a good experience. I find the system to be relatively easy to use.

February 15th, 2018 Franklin, WI DETAILS

They were the provider with the lowest cost, that's why we picked it. The equipment is just average, there's nothing spectacular about it. It gets the job done. Their customer service is really bad, they don't call you back when they say they will. They need to work on that and on getting written procedures for installing, quitting, and maintaining their equipment. They have none of that right now.

Feb 21, 2018

We are sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience with our customer service. We strive to provide the best in house support and appreciate the feedback. We have dedicated representatives to help set up installation and activating equipment. We would love to help you! Reach out to us at [email protected] and let us know what we can do!

Unser Ahmed
February 15th, 2018 Palatine, IL DETAILS

Since I'm a Tranont member they give me business support for my company, National Processing just came with it. I personally love National Processing, I've referred many people to it because of their professionalism. They just do things in a timely manner and have the best rates out there. Sometimes it's a bit hard to get a hold of them, but they're great. The system is very easy to use too.

Lovetta Stevenson
February 15th, 2018 Utica, MI DETAILS

I got it to give my customers the option of paying with credit cards or checks. The software and equipment are kind of outdated though. They should also improve their customer service and have a faster response time.

Feb 21, 2018

We are sorry to hear about your experience, Lovetta. Which customer of yours was it that had the issues with the software and equipment? We always appreciate feedback on how we can improve!

Lisa Clarke
February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

I did a lot of research before choosing our credit card processing company. It was mostly confusing and frustrating... We have been very happy with the pricing and the service received so far and would highly recommend them.

SMITHFIELD IMPLEMENT
February 15th, 2018 Smithfield, UT DETAILS

Very friendly and helpful gets the job done quickly, We are not waiting days to get the fix on are credit card mistakes. Done in same day.

Paul Ellis
February 15th, 2018 Spray, OR DETAILS

Good people to work with, I always had a good experience working with them.

Landon R
February 15th, 2018 Orem, UT DETAILS

They have always been great to work with. I had a machine go down, and they were able to take care if it very quickly. They are friendly and very knowledgeable of what they are doing.