Flagship Merchant Services

9.4

Jennifer

Fast, friendly service. Erika, my rep is always quick to respond and extremely helpful.

Apr. 4th, 2018

Tom K

I've had several questions and they have answered and help take care of everything I needed.

Reply from Flagship Merchant Services

Thank you Tom for the kind words. We pride ourselves on providing superior service and support.

Apr. 24th, 2018

Roger Burleson, TX

I can only compare with Square (as a previous user) Square has a much easier set up. The inventory items allows for better integration with taxes.

Marcia Pahoa, HI

personal service on the telephone, explaining the procedure to use Virtual Terminal

Reply from Flagship Merchant Services

Thank you for your business Marcia!

Mar. 27th, 2018

Nelson Martin Myerstown, PA

They were recommended online and so far it has been good. You can get to a live person very quickly when you need help.

Reply from Flagship Merchant Services

Nelson, excellent to hear. Thank you for sharing your experience!

Mar. 27th, 2018

Mike Mcgonagil Grand Rapids, MI

They have decent rates and so far they seem to be very knowledgeable. I'm having some connectivity issues though.

Jeremiah Hutson Vidor, TX

I needed a way to accept credit cards, so I got Flagship. Their customer service is good.

Alejandro Canales Phoenix, AZ

So far so good. The equipment is working pretty well. I'm satisfied and happy with the service.

Pami~Sue Port Townsend, WA

Customer service was difficult. Could not get "my" so-called personal representative on the phone and was transferred way too many times. The fees I was charge were ALOT more than I originally expected.

Tara Sunset, LA

Zero customer service. They only wanted to get my business, then didn't help whatsoever once I was a customer. They couldn't explain why I was charged a much higher fee than I was quoted. Even cancelling was a hastle.

Lynn Hartwell, GA

The information wasn't complete when I signed up and have costs not explained. Too many phone numbers to get to correct person for help. And little help given.

Michael DeVeaux Richmond, VA

There were positives and some things I would have preferred to be better. I would suggest using Firstdata directly.

Mona Wagner Gladewater, TX

I had needed a credit card merchant. When I cancelled, they never canceled my subscription. I never used their services, and yet they still charged me, so I was not very happy.

All customer service Riverside, IL

Poor customer service I have been inquiring about my deposit being made to my account from December and I keep getting transferred to people voicemail and no return calls send email to Jose and no return emails poor

isaias casanova Tucson, AZ

horrible experience, never funded my first approved sale. Very embarrasing and frustrating, they offered no solutions and did not really provide seem to care about the situation they me in.

Billy Gause Jacksonville, FL

Whenever I've called to contact them, I have to leave a voicemail. Never in my life have I been with a merchant service company where I have to do that. I don't like anything about Flagship to be honest.

Joseph Michael Meyer

They raked me over the coals. I signed up agreeing to a maximum fee of 3% of each transaction, then got hit with a whole list of fees at the beginning of the year for almost 300 dollars. WTF?!!!

Juan Chico Dallas, TX

I got it because of the rates they had. Their equipment is very user friendly and everything is ok.

Randy Stewart Auburn, CA

I found it online and got it. I am missing some components for the equipment right now. Their customer service could be a lot better if they had text support to return phone calls.

Claudia Williams Anaheim, CA

I decided to get it because it was cheap and not too complex. The thing is that I can't really add a tip option to the transaction. I can also only use the equipment on my iPhone, so I can't use an android if I need to.

Fausto Cabrera

They have poor customer service. Their salespeople just need to be more honest and upfront about all the hidden fees associated with the terminals. Other than that, the things work okay.

Seck Lim Saint Augustine, FL

I got it because they had competitive rates, but they have been horrible. Their sales rep wouldn't suggest or recommend the full selection of options. The equipment is very basic.

Richard Kimball Designs Denver, CO

Generally successfully helpful in setting up a new account and helping me navigate the specific requirements and protocol of a new processing system. Had some difficulty getting through to a service tech in a timely manner.

James Winzig Winter Park, FL

I've discovered after almost a year using FMS that my sales rep, Steve W., was not very honest or forthcoming about the higher discount rate they charge for "non-qualified" credit cards. What are those you ask? Any credit card that is not personal, like those I would accept from a business, government, or educational customer. The 1.98% rate they boldly presented in my offer sheet for "qualified" V, MC, AMEX, DCV cards, changes to 4.46% when a "non-qualified" card is used! I would've expected Steve, or any other salesperson, to make me aware of such pertinent information and not just gloss over or bury it in the fine print (it's there, I found it today). Especially since I had described my business as mostly B2B and even asked: "what's in the fine print?". Live and learn. Buyer Beware. Read the fine print and ask a lot of questions. Oh, by the way, the additional percentage charge isn't obvious, because when the deposit is made they only take out the 1.98% + .21 transaction fee. The NQUAL discount is buried in the statement as extra fees.

Jo Keyes Fort Worth, TX

Don't do it!! Find someone else. I did use them for 3 plus years. Their merchant website is not user-friendly and very difficult to read with misc charges. You will also need a payment gateway. Monthly fee's add up without them even processing transaction. They make it sound good with a low percentage rate per transaction but the fees outweigh the percentage savings. I was looking for an all in one processor so I decided to leave Flagship. I called to close my account and they said they need to email me a closure form and email it back. I filled out and electronically signed the form they electronically sent me. Received confirmation of receipt of my form and they said they would notify me if they need any other info. I noticed they charged me the fees for the following month after closing the account. When I contacted them, they said the form could not be electronically signed but needed a physical signature. That was not specified on the digital form they sent me nor did they contact me as promised if they needed any other info. They make it IMPOSSIBLE to cancel an account and will continue to charge you and create​ excuses as to whey they have not canceled the account as you requested. If you are considering FLAGSHIP, I recommend you continue shopping!

Jeffrey Brown Dixon, IL

had a client that was considering paying with a credit card. I then contacted Flagship Merchant Services about the fees. I was conned into filling out the application with the agreement they would not submit it with out my authorization. They were fully aware that I may not use the service. I contacted them a few days later and informed them that I would not be needing the service. They submitted the paperwork any way and proceeded to charge my account with out my knowledge. When I did see the charges I contacted them and they informed me that they would correct it. To date they have not stopped charging my account. After contacting them again they told me I was to fill out some paperwork that I was never informed of before. They were never to have submitted the paperwork and they were fully aware. I was told to fill out the paperwork just in case to help speed up the process if I did in deed need the service.

Ryan

Everything worked out great, was very helpful. I was busy and Edwin helped me get everything started and had made sure I have what I needed to be successful.

Heather Henderson, KY

The only complaint I have is that I received a couple different emails saying something else was needed to complete the process instead of getting it all done at once. Vincent was very helpful through the process.

Raechel curtis Vail, CO

I was told one thing about inducing sync charged several times at the wrong time- over drawing my account and making it impossible to use your services.

Reply from Flagship Merchant Services

Very sorry to hear that your experience was not a positive one.

Aug. 13th, 2018

Merchant Services Acworth, GA

Excellent Customer Service, great product and value for money with ease to use.

Aug. 13th, 2018

Malissa Harrisburg, PA

They do not educate their clients on the process at all, they need better customer support and communication. The sales reps need to interact with the clients more.

Harrison Marietta, GA

When I signed up, the guy I talked to was helpful in explaining how everything works.

Thanks Harrison!

Aug. 6th, 2018

Robert Hardeeville, SC

Every time I needed help I was assisted fairly quickly with what I needed.

Reply from Flagship Merchant Services

Thank you for your business Robert!

Aug. 6th, 2018

Paul S Bethpage, NY

They don't bug me with calls & emails like everyone else does these days...

Reply from Flagship Merchant Services

Paul, thank you for your business and the feedback!

Jun. 15th, 2018

Hairstyling by Chrissy Steamboat Springs, CO

Customer service has been poor, machine has given us problems several of times, the % they take is expensive and my money takes several days to enter my account.

Reply from Flagship Merchant Services

We're very sorry that we're not meeting your service expectations. In terms of customer service and technical support (non-functioning equipment), please contact technical support via email or at (800) 324-9825 x 2 and an experienced member of our team will help you resolve your issues.

Jun. 15th, 2018

Richard Carpenter Lynn Haven, FL

I made a poor decision choosing this equipment. I never got to the point where I used it very well or quickly, but they charged me for the equipment anyways.

Travel art

Horrible communication didn't tell you about hidden cost can't get a hold of people after you've got your account. And also their website would not load on my phone

Reply from Flagship Merchant Services

We sincerely apologize that we did not meet your service expectations. Should you have any outstanding concerns, please contact customer support at or (800) 324-9825 x 1.

Tyler Bouslog

They ripped my fraternity and me off. They repeatedly pulled money from our accounts in sums larger amounts than they promised. They're customer service was also awful.

Reply from Flagship Merchant Services

Tyler, we sincerely apologize for not meeting your service expectations. Should you have any outstanding concerns, please contact customer support at or (800) 324-9825 x 1.

LoveCo Carpet Restoration

Hidden fees$$$$ didn't have and merchant sales for a few months. Before I knew it they were charging me hundreds of dollars every month without any notice.

Reply from Flagship Merchant Services

We are so sorry that you did not have a good experience. We train our representatives to be upfront on all fees and pricing and all fees are also listed clearly in the merchant agreement. Should you have any outstanding concerns, please contact customer support at or (800) 324-9825 x 1.

STAY AWAY!

Lies, bait and switch. They will tell you one thing and do another. You must watch your statement carefully. They will always overcharge you for something.

Armed Forces Skeet Association Helotes, TX

Good service but monthly expenses are too high. Lower costs if not used each month.

B.E.

It's very straightforward and easy to use, they have easy processing and decent fees.

CP Houston, TX

They need to communicate more clearly with their fees. They charged us outrageous fees for only using it one month out of the year it cost us more than what we write.

Reply from Flagship Merchant Services

We do train our sales representatives to be transparent and up-front so we apologize if that was not your experience. Additionally all fees and pricing is clearly outlined in the merchant agreement. Should you have any outstanding issues, please do contact our customer support team at if you have any outstanding challenges, I would ask that you please reach out to our customer support team at or (800) 324-9825 x 1 .

Didier Thierry Chicago, IL

Everything was fine at the beginning, but later it was hard to get ahold of anyone.

Reply from Flagship Merchant Services

Didier, we apologize for any issues you have had contacting our customer support team(s). We do provide in-house support that is available via email or phone and we now have a new call back feature that allows you to keep your place in line without staying on hold. If you have any outstanding challenges, please reach out to our customer support team at or (800) 324-9825 x 1 . We want to ensure that you have the access and support you need to grow your business.

Robin Nesbitt Conyers, GA

The software is not user friendly, so they need to have better customer service and they need to explain how to best utilize their product to new customers.

Reply from Flagship Merchant Services

Robin, our sincerest apologies that you are having challenges. For any and all technical and/or product assistance, please contact our technical support team at (800) 324-9825 x 2.

John Machycek

The customer service was horrible, it would be ideal if they didn't set up the other accounts without me knowing and then keep charging me for six months.

Reply from Flagship Merchant Services

We're so sorry that we did not meet your service expectations. If there is anything else we can do to assist, please contact us at or (800) 324-9825 x 1 .

Michael Butcher

The software is only somewhat user friendly, but I haven't really had any problems.

Reply from Flagship Merchant Services

Thank you. And, if you have any outstanding issues with the software, please call our technical support team at (800) 324-9825 x 2.

Thomas Broderick

Their software works fairly well, and the customer service was good.

Thank you Thomas!

May. 21st, 2018

Hairprofilers

When help is needed, you are on hold for a technicIan very long, esp. after hours. Sometimes ours been 1 or more hours

Reply from Flagship Merchant Services

Our standard hold times are seconds, so the issue you experienced is of great concern. We also have a call back feature that allows you to keep your place in line without staying on hold. Should you have any further technical issues, please email or contact (800) 324-9825 x 2.

May. 4th, 2018

Reach Plumbing

Flagship Merchant services is easy to use and customers like it.