Flagship Merchant Services

9.4

Jason Mickel San Antonio, TX

They gave me the wrong password and I was unable to download the app and get into it. They also charged me every single month for 8 months and still trying to find them because I'm unable to download it, It's junk. They use the company name to take money out of my account. I stopped payment on on them and they use a sister company to take money out of my account, I think that should be totally against the law.

Reply from Flagship Merchant Services

We apologize that we did not meet your service expectations. We work diligently to ensure that all of our fees and pricing is clear from the onset with all new customers. Additionally, all fees and services are clearly outlined in the merchant agreement. Should you require any additional assistance, please contact customer support at or (800) 324-9825 x 1.

Jun. 4th, 2018

Mike

Absolutly horrible experience, try ANYONE else. Do not do business with them. They approved about $30K in charges one day for a car purchase and would never release the money to my account, they say over my daily limit which I am sure was buried somewhere in their fine print. after over a week I had to call and tell my customer we would have to come up with a diffrent payment method. Do yourself a favor, STAY AWAY!!!

Reply from Flagship Merchant Services

Mike, we sincerely apologize that your experience was not a positive one. We work diligently to provide excellent and quick service for our customers, but we must do so within the guidelines of our sponsor bank and the regulations of our industry, which led to the delay in you receiving your funds.

May. 29th, 2018

Provider Seafood

When charged unexpected end of year fees, I called and the representative was helpful by explaining what the fees were. I should have been told by the initial salesperson.

Reply from Flagship Merchant Services

Thank you for your business.

May. 29th, 2018

Brandell L Smithville, MO

When I called Flagship and asked for a personal card reader, I disclosed that this was a small business hobby. I did not know how often I would use the reader. I was quoted a monthly fee of $5. I could cancel easily and restart any time I wanted. None of this was true. In the end I paid over $600 in fees. To the credit if Flagship they credited me less than half of these fees after I went to the Better Business Bureau.

Reply from Flagship Merchant Services

We sincerely apologize that you had a poor experience. It's always our objective to be transparent with all of the fees , which are also all disclosed on the merchant agreement. Should you require any additional assistance please email or call us at (800) 324-9825 x 1.

Brian S.

Their services offered were not convenient or easy to use compared to many other companies that offer similar services. Also, there were many fees that weren't addressed when I first signed on in addition to a continued monthly fee well after I cancelled my services.

Weren't familiar with my industry (legal), not set up to meet my needs. When the company called me no less than 8 times, each time speaking with a different person, I had re-explain my situation because the person I was talking with at that time had no idea what my issue was about. Very frustrating. When I tried to cancel my sevices because they could not honor the promises made, I was given the run around.

Debbie Suwanee, GA

There are so many avenues that you have to go through to talk to certain people that actually do anything. However, I do like that I don't have equipment because everything can be done online.

Reply from Flagship Merchant Services

Debbie, if you have any outstanding challenges, I would ask that you please reach out to our customer support team at or (800) 324-9825 x 1 . We want to ensure that you have the access and support you need to grow your business.

Jan Cuccia Cable, WI

The customer service was okay, but I didn't get the information that I really needed from them. I ended up leaving because what I saw and was told during the sign on process did not match what the charge actually ended up being.

Reply from Flagship Merchant Services

Jan, we're sincerely sorry that our sales and service did not meet your expectations. Best of luck!

Jason Wyatt Calhoun, GA

I would like to be able to export my customer data into my sales automation software, but I don't have access to that information. It's very hard to get ahold of anybody and they are more expensive than other solutions that provide more service than they do.

Reply from Flagship Merchant Services

Jason, I am not sure which solution you have, but if you have Clover you can easily do this. If you would please contact our technical support team, they can assist you. (800) 324-9825 x 2.

K.B.

I did some research online and they had the best offer that I could find. I only had a little trouble with the card reader and my iPod.

Reply from Flagship Merchant Services

Thank you. And, if you have any outstanding issues with the card reader, please call our technical support team at (800) 324-9825 x 2.

Hanna Qumsiyeh Bakersfield, CA

I've never had any issue with them, everything is going smoothly for me. I use their machines and I have never met any issues.

Thanks Hanna!

Stacy Johnson Sherman, TX

I already had my own equipment so all they did was reprogram it to accept their software. The lady I talk to is very friendly and responds quickly.

Reply from Flagship Merchant Services

Thank you for your business Stacy!

May. 21st, 2018

Mayurachat Gulari Ann Arbor, MI

I found them through their ad and after reading their reviews I thought they'd be good. The department I usually call is really good, but there was one department that was extremely rude, and I don't ever want to deal with them again.

Reply from Flagship Merchant Services

We're so sorry to hear that your overall experience has not been positive as it's our goal to ensure that our entire team puts our customers first and delivers exceptional service and support. Should you require any additional assistance please email or (800) 324-9825 x 1.

May. 21st, 2018

Salon Owner

They were great upon set up, but later when issues arrive we find it hard to ever reach our original rep. We were also promised no annual fees and once a year we get hit with a big annual fee.

Reply from Flagship Merchant Services

I am so sorry that you haven't been able to reach your original sales representative. He/she may no longer be with the Company, but should you have any outstanding questions, I would invite you to contact our customer service team at (800) 324-9825 x 1. And the annual fee is actually a standard in the industry as it's an annual security/PCI fee, which was disclosed on the Agreement.

Apr. 4th, 2018

SL Port Angeles, WA

Actually processing fees are much higher than advertised, many hidden fees they did not disclose. Plus it's not one stop shopping in that you have to use two other websites to manage payments and data. Definitely not one stop shopping. Bottom line is 2.9% advertised by others is far cheaper than the 4%+ I ended up actually being charged by Flagship and it's partners.

Reply from Flagship Merchant Services

We're sorry that you're disappointed with your service. Please feel free to contact customer support or your sales representative for a more detailed explanation of your monthly statement.

Mar. 27th, 2018

Laura

Poor communication from service representative on what was included. Lack of instruction on how to use after I got the reader. Had to call service rep 2-3 times to get answers. Got emails that weren't applicable to the service I bought. Was told by service rep to ignore them.

Reply from Flagship Merchant Services

We sincerely apologize for the poor set-up experience. We continue to make investments in new, dedicate teams and communications to streamline this process for our customers. Should you have any additional challenges with your mobile reader, please contact technical support at (800) 324-9825 x 2. Thank you.

Mar. 27th, 2018

Wayne Gardner Orlando, FL

When I searched it on Google they had good reviews, so I got it. Overall they're ok, though I haven't used the software yet.

Patrick Bollinger Meadow Vista, CA

I signed up with them because it looked like the easiest option. The machine gets the job done and customer service is ok. There's nothing really that great about it, but it's not horrible either.

Sarai Hernandez Lovington, NM

The Clover representative convinced me of getting Flagship. The equipment seems easy to use, but we ran into some issues that I think could've been addressed earlier.

Craig Bruno Edinburgh, IN

I read somewhere online that they were the best merchant service to go with, so I signed up. I had huge problem with the very first transaction that I ran through their machine. I called Allen, my representative, multiple times and he didn't lift a finger to help me out and couldn't care less about it. There's nothing I like about Flagship, I wouldn't recommend going with them.

John Sanford Anacortes, WA

I had just started with a business and wanted to have a merchant service to help me with that. I did a Google search and they had an okay review and seemed reputable, so I signed up. It has been a horrible experience though. They've done a horrible job for me. Their risk department has blocked all of my transactions for the past 30 days and they're not telling me why. I'm very dissatisfied and, as a matter of fact, I'm closing my account with them.

Vadim Smotrov Chevy Chase, MD

I found it on the internet and signed up. Their rate percentage is very low, I like that. The system is easy to use and works the best.

Sharron Trevino San Antonio, TX

I just Googled them and picked them, there was no particular reason for that. Whenever I need to get an answer I have to go through too many departments before I get it. Their access portal is horrible too. It's not really live and it's not up to date with what's happening.

Robert Johns Ruidoso, NM

I googled POS and they came up, so I got it. The software is good, it works like it's supposed to. I've had some problems with switching the bank account that I want them to use though. They have been taking care of that for a while but they should follow through and give me a callback about it.

Cynthia Salem, OR

They told me that I could take FSA and HSA cards once I was up and running. That didn't pan out and they strung me along, not calling me back so I couldn't get my account closed. I finally put a stop pay at my bank for their automatic debit then retuned their equipment. Such a hassle! Once they sell you on their product, they do not help you after you become a customer.

Jan Marie Larson Fairfield, IA

I used this service for an overseas quilt show last year. I got ZERO assistance with using the service, ZERO help when i had problems and I still have an email string that would shock anyone who is in the retail business. I did not receive half of my $$ from the show until 6 months later. they did not take my repeated calls and I got paid only after I contacted my Senator and filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission.

Randall Tomaras Sequim, WA

I wanted a card reader and the ability to process cards. I lost the card reader at a show when somebody stole the out of the booth. I called a couple times and tried to get it replaced, and had no response. The card reader was very periodic; it didn't work very well, possibly because of the service at the location that I was at it. I probably want to cancel since I don't have a card reader.

Whitney Thornton Silverton, OR

It was a little difficult to cancel, and I was unaware of certain fees even though I asked about them. The system works fine, but I think they need to double or triple clarify the kind of fees you're going to be getting. I got a lot of unnecessary and unexplained fees.

Van Truong Brooklyn, NY

I guess it's one of the best services out there at the moment, but whenever I made a request they took some time to get me a response. I had previously needed to use the service, but I actually don't need them anymore.

Derek Valdez Los Angeles, CA

Their communication with merchants needs to improve. I started building up a business, but they weren't able to help me out, really, because they never told me about their hidden fees and their interest rates. They pretty much never communicated with me. I would recommend doing more research before using companies like this, because you want to make sure you'll be getting the best deal, and not getting hit with hidden fees and everything like that.

Andrew Aldridge

I thought they would be better value by comparison. I've been able to get customer support when I need it, and it seems to be all things it says it will do.

Jay Hicks Santa Fe, TX

My motive for signing up for their merchant services was their rate. I can't get their customer service to call me back, though, and their software is average. I recommend that their customer service representatives actually answer the phone and call the customers back. Their detail about the service is not what I needed.

James English Fountain, CO

The cost was my motive for signing up with them. If they could just improve the amount of time it takes to turn around, that might help. It usually takes three to four days.

Pamela Davis Woodstock, GA

They need to be up front with their fees and to have nicer customer service. When I Googled them, it said they had the best rates. I can never get in touch with whoever was supposed to be my contact person, though. When I tried to cancel it, it was a pain. They did not tell me all about their hidden fees, and when they started to draft it from my bank account and I tried to talk to them, they were rude about it. Also, the reader is actually a pain to use, and it doesn't always work.

Denise Flanagan Pahrump, NV

They have veterans benefits, and the software and system is easy to use. Their professionalism in customer service was notable.

Tamara Sand Springs, OK

I wish the deposits went thru faster. With the square reader you get the deposit the next day and it usually takes 3 days at least to get it thru flagship

Kevin Moore Maple Heights, OH

They charged me to process a transaction but wouldn't release the funds. Then they suggested, since I didn't want to submit all of my banking information, that I give the customer a refund. But they still kept the processing fee of about $400 dollars. For WHAT? I later submitted all of the requested information, and they refused to run the card again. They took my money!

Anonymous Delhi, LA

I selected this one because it was the one that seemed to work with my budget, though now I don't think it's going to work out for me. The equipment just doesn't work. They need to change their equipment and make sure that the merchant accounts are set up correctly. I've lost money and sales because I have to be on the phone trying to figure out why something is not working. There should not be any equipment that needs to be plugged to the wall to keep it charged, it should all work on the phone thing.

Judy Sadoff Oak Brook, IL

I just found them online and got it. They have been responsive to our needs. They have done things for us that our previous company couldn't do.

Kenneth Fowlkes Severn, MD

I signed up at first because they had said there was a 24 hour turnaround for the payments, though I haven't seen that happening. They shouldn't say things that are not true. Still, the equipment is easy to use.

Matt Fairbank Yakima, WA

Initially I thought it would be a good deal for my business. I needed to be able to process credit and debit cards. Within one day of sharing information and talking through emails with them, I realized that the baseline services were too high for my business so I had to cancel right away. I signed up because I had felt pressure to make a choice while I was on the phone with them. It threw me for a loop when I realized just how much the fees were going to be. They should provide accurate information about those fees before signing people up through the phone.

Anonymous Lesage, WV

They had the best rates, that's why I signed up. It's easy to deal with the company and the equipment is easy to use as well.

Larry Johnson Chesapeake, VA

Getting them was a great idea. Customer service has been pretty good whenever I needed them. The program and everything is pretty good too, it's not really difficult to operate. I think they're pretty trustworthy.

Jeremy Franks Bremen, AL

I picked them because they have the cheapest rates. It took me weeks to get my products though. In fact, I haven't received them yet. They should communicate better about when those thing are sent out.

Beyondart Austin, TX

Super easy setup, processing is fast, customer service available on weekends, cheaper fees and my money gets into my account faster

Rohan Mckoy Dunedin, FL

I got it since we were trying to make it easier to process payments. There were some hiccups with the information, the person that was helping me wasn't really that great at actually helping me out.

Larry Burnett Memphis, TN

We got it just because of the ease of use. I haven't had any problems with customer support and their software is just fine. It's just that the hardware, their card reader, doesn't work right now.

Margo Bartlett Houston, TX

I got it because of their rates. Everyone has been very helpful and the equipment itself is very easy to use and set up.

Linda Brightbill Akron, OH

I was looking for an online service at the time and they seemed to be good for that. I haven't had any problems with using the equipment and it's all very easy. I would like them to improve their customer service though.

Raymond Charles Orlando, FL

The customer is the one that made the decision to get it. I really haven't tried the software myself, but their customer service has a quick response time whenever I call them.