Flagship Merchant Services

9.4

Kim Richardson Rock Springs, WY

I got them since I liked what they offered. I haven't had to contact customer support yet, but the equipment and software is easy to use. Other than that, we really haven't had that much experience using it.

Bryant King Indianapolis, IN

I saw it advertised online so I got it. I really haven't had a lot of interaction with customer service, but that's mostly because the system is pretty self explanatory. It works exactly the way that I need it to.

Patricia A Grant Olympia, WA

We saw their advertisements and they seemed to be rated as number one in what they did. Since their rates seemed to be lower and most cost effective than the others I went ahead and got it. Customer support is not that great. They throw a whole lot of stuff at you when you sign up and they don't follow up with you. It's almost like a bait and switch, they are very nice and courteous until you actually sign up and start working with them. There's a lot of additional billing they don't tell you about upfront. I had to set up and have a functional website with all my products and everything before I could actually start marking my items and stuff. Every time I build, they bill me differently. I had actually asked them what would be my fee if I didn't have any sales in a month and they gave me a flat rate. But now, I have two $59 fees, plus some monthly fee, my website, etc. Every time you turn around, there's a new fee added. I really can't afford to change things on the website now.

Neil Hunt

I was looking to start taking credit cards again so I researched and read about it on the internet. I'm very happy having it since it's all easy to use and quick. I'm perfectly satisfied with it.

Yongchun Zhang Sanger, TX

They had a high rating was the biggest reason why I signed up. I've called their customer service a couple of times and they have always been pretty fast and very helpful. The equipment itself is easy to use and so far things have been very good so far. Price-wise, it's acceptable.

Darius Woods Atlanta, GA

I went with them since they had low costs. The equipment and software itself is good, it comes with a lot of added features and bonuses that other merchants don't generally offer.

Jeffery Erskin Cherryvale, KS

I ordered it because it charged a lower rate per transaction and, if you don't use it much, it doesn't cost you a lot. They were very prompt when I signed up for it and their rates are what they say they were. It's a good service overall and I'm just pretty happy with them.

Melody Hile Arcadia, OK

I just did some research on the web and it looked like they had the best deal. I haven't had any problems with customer service, any questions I had were answered quickly. The equipment itself is very easy to use.

Thomas G Lake Geneva, WI

I recently signed up with Flagship Merchant Services and was fortunate enough to have Martin as my representative. Flagship offered the most competitive rates in the industry along with the best customer support. Martin was very professional and extremely helpful with the application process and very knowledgeable about Flagship's rates and services. I am confident that I have made the right decision doing business with Flagship and look forward working together. I was also pleasantly surprised to find out that Martin will continue to be our representative to assist with our needs. If Martin is truly representative of the Flagship team then KUDOS to you guys for finding qualified personal with great people skills.

Cathy Howard Owensboro, KY

I had to look up what Flagship Merchant Services was before I answered this. I've had so many different emails with so many different business names since I got the card reader. And I'm assuming #3 should say which subjects apply to your review, you might want to change that. I had an issue with my card reader that was never resolved. They wanted to sign me up for some productivity thing that costs 80 dollars a year. I clicked on it by mistake. It said it needed my urgent attention, so I'm sure a lot of people did it. I'm still not sure if it's been discontinued.

Reply from Flagship Merchant Services

Cathy, we're so sorry for the confusion and the lack of support. Should you have any outstanding issues with the card reader, please contact technical support via email at or by phone at (800) 324-9825 x 2.

Aug. 20th, 2018

Cliff Hazel Park, MI

When I had problems, I would call my rep and he was right on it right away. He immediately took care of all the issues I had. It's informative and easy to use.

Reply from Flagship Merchant Services

Thank you Cliff for the positive feedback!

Maggie Placida, FL

They helped me set up everything and walked me through it. They answered my questions if I needed any help. It takes some time to load and lags for a few minutes when I'm in a hurry checking out customers.

Reply from Flagship Merchant Services

Maggie, if you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact Technical Support at or (800) 324-9825 x 2.

Jeanna Central Point, OR

When I first got started, there was a lot of confusion. But, other than that, I haven't had any problems with my machine or anything. It would be nice if somebody followed up with you until you got everything up and running. I had to call back myself to get it going and it was kind of frustrating.

Reply from Flagship Merchant Services

We apologize that we did not meet your service expectations. Should you require any additional assistance please email or (800) 324-9825 x 2.

Ettamarie Wasson Arden, NC

Initially when I talked to the representative he gave me the rate and the rate seemed very good and so I thought I would do that and I asked him if it was you know a tiered saying if there is extra fees for any for instance master cards in the says that have rewards if they were more expensive and he said no it was the flat fee so I said okay and I stand up then when I get my statement I noticed they or not it was not true I got charged extra for the different tiers of card tricks etc. and so I was very upset and then I had a very hard time trying to cancel out. Three shows wasn't told that I have to be PC compliant and I'm still just letting them get in it but it ranges it cost me money from thirty to seventy five Bucks a month for not being PC required but I was never told that I would also have to pay a fee to be PC compliance.

Reply from Flagship Merchant Services

We apologize that we did not meet your service expectations. We work diligently to ensure that all of our fees and pricing is clear from the onset with all new customers. Additionally, all fees and services are clearly outlined in the merchant agreement. Should you require any additional assistance, please contact customer support at or (800) 324-9825 x 1.

Charles Beckwith Eau Claire, WI

Their customer service could have more transparency about extra fees and costs otherwise it works for the one company that I use it for. I got this so I could get paid within 5 days and not the forty days it used to take me to get paid. I don't use the iPad, I just just the website for the path to do it.

Reply from Flagship Merchant Services

Charles, thank you for the feedback. Should you require any additional assistance, please contact customer support at or (800) 324-9825 x 1.

Jun. 15th, 2018

Elizabeth Beckmann St Louis, MO

I started a new business so I got this product. I never received the credit card wireless piece of equipment that I was supposed to receive but received the wrong piece. I sent it back and they never credited me for that and continue charging me every month for a little over twelve months. I ended up paying almost a thousand dollars to flagship for receiving absolutely zero service. They need better customer service so someone can follow up with problems when they arrive. They need to be more honest, there is absolutely no management that you can contact and I'm actually part of a lawsuit against them currently so I hope that goes through and I hope I get my money back.

Reply from Flagship Merchant Services

We apologize that we did not meet your service expectations. Should you require any additional assistance, please contact customer support at or (800) 324-9825 x 1.

Antjuane Sims Los Angeles, CA

I came to Flagship because I needed a merchant for credit cards. The credit card mobile terminals that I've received we're not working properly and I received two different models instead. I would suggest that they improve their customer service training by getting the reps up to speed on keeping the information that they share with costumer consistent.

Reply from Flagship Merchant Services

We're so sorry that this happened. Please email or (800) 324-9825 x 2 if you're continuing to experience any issues with your hardware or software.

James Morgan Blakeslee, PA

I really wasn't able to get the kind of information I needed so it wasn't working out for me. The customer service help with the equipment could not provide me with the information that would allow me to walk a printer up to print a receipt out for the customer. They represented a very low rate and that was attractive to me. I would suggest that they don't misrepresent the amount they charge, it turned out to be quite a bit higher than what their initial sales pitch was. Either the sales people were deceptive or uninformed.

David Hutchison Solon, OH

It was the first of several merchant service accounts I found but I have not continued to use flagship. I found another one that I'd much prefer. I found flagship more expensive than some of your competitors for merchant services.

Felix Gonzalez Los Angeles, CA

The software is good and offers up to date with the latest technology. I needed to process payment so I chose this Merchant. They cancelled my account without really doing the proper steps to stop it and I couldn't do anything to improve the situation.

Harry Higinbotham Florissant, MO

Their advertised low transaction rate was what brought me to Flagship. The software wasn't super intuitive, it was just average. Customer Service was not very helpful when I called them several times, occasionally several of them were borderline rude to me. It would be better if they were more forthcoming with their policies and if their product is the best for my business. People need to know in detail and perhaps verbal and in writing, people need to hear it when they sign up for it because there is a short window in which I had to submit documentation for PCI compliance and because of that I ended up not submitting in time. then I got slapped with huge fees. They also were not forthcoming with their policies and minimum number of transactions. I mean if you're a business that has a lot of transactions then Flagship might be right for you. I was only using it occasionally and didn't have a lot of transactions so it wasn't right for me and a waste of money.

Robin Stern Dallas, GA

Horrible experience, worst possible business I've ever done business with my life. We did use their swipe and it was bulky and bigger than anybody else. It is very difficult to use with the phone, it had to be used upside down with my phone and when I told him that they said that was the way it was designed, I couldn't understand that at all. Their website it was horrible to try navigatate. They could work a little harder on their customer service, being more customer oriented and not so ridiculously militant about how they do things. The cost of it was ridiculous, we signed up for a very reduced cost and they just kept lying to us and we were getting charges that we absolutely were unaware of an absolutely made no sense. I had to threaten them to completely take them to court to get them to remove all the charges that I should have had anyway.

Reply from Flagship Merchant Services

Robin, we sincerely pologize that we did not meet your service expectations. Should you require any additional assistance, please contact customer support at or (800) 324-9825 x 1.

Robert Marx Adams, WI

I saw this online and it's been working fine. We use the virtual (no equipment) and everything is doing great. Customer service has been there when we needed them.

Thank you.

Joshua Welch Denver, CO

The software has been updated 2 times since I've gotten it and it was frustrating trying to learn the new software. Customer Service was able to help with my questions and confusion with the new software

Reply from Flagship Merchant Services

Joshua, thank you for your business and our apologies about the software updates, as sometimes it's required based on the platform (Android or iOS) and not based on our development releases. Should you require any additional assistance please email or (800) 324-9825 x 2.

Jun. 15th, 2018

Theresa Rash Lake City, PA

Being a fairly new business I had many questions about the use of the machine & other questions. The customer service reps I spoke with were always very helpful & polite.

Reply from Flagship Merchant Services

Congratulations on your new business. We appreciate your business!

Run Away!

Last year we opened a merchant account with Flagship Merchant Services for a brand new 501c3 Non-Profit Community Theater so that we could sell tickets for a fundraiser. The set up was horrible, my rep was non communicative and we fell behind schedule from the get-go. After getting set up with them, the coordinator set up the wrong account as we asked to use Authorize.net and he set up with a different company, so we continued after many days to be behind. Since we fell behind so badly, I had to change the date of the event. The event lost steam, performers couldn't make the new date and so we canceled the event. I explained all of this to the rep and asked for my account to be put on hold. He never told me of the continued monthly fees. Since this was literally the ONLY thing active on our bank account, I never went back to check the account thinking we were good until I reactivated it. Well after seeing numerous charges, I asked to cancel the account and be refunded. I filled out the form in December but since they didn't accept the signature, I was billed all the way until April. We NEVER ONCE used the merchant services but racked up a grand total of $799.73 in charges. I have spoken with several customer service agents and they have been completely unhelpful. If I could report this company to the BBB or other agencies I would. DO NOT use them as they are snakes and their i-portal takes on another fee, so their percentages and monthly costs are not accurately reported or shared. They have great SEO so they pop up on everything, but they've really hurt a brand new Non-Profit significantly and since my wife has terminal cancer, this $800 was an enormous burden.

Reply from Flagship Merchant Services

We sincerely apologize for your experience as this is not our standard. While we understand that you took your business elsewhere, if there is anything else we can do to assist, please contact us at or (800) 324-9825 x 1 .

Dennis Zenoni

I wish they would deposit the money in 24 hours instead of 48, but that's the only thing I don't like. We've had no problems, and the fees are reasonable.

Reply from Flagship Merchant Services

Thank you for your business. And, we're working on shorter funding time options, so please stay tuned.

Lenny Mumm Palo, IA

Every time I called with a complaint they were very helpful and did everything they could to make me happy. But, I did have to reboot a lot and they should make transfers instantaneous to the bank.

Reply from Flagship Merchant Services

Lenny, thank you for your business. If you continue to experience any issues with your batches, please do please contact our customer support team at or (800) 324-9825 x 1 .

Ron Smith Aptos, CA

I find it difficult to use the system because there are so many subsystems I have to access. There are so many moving pieces which makes it difficult to use. The customer service and product aren't fantastic, but the system works so I can't really ask for much more.

Reply from Flagship Merchant Services

Ron, thank you for your business. Not knowing which product(s) you have makes it difficult to assist, but if you have any outstanding challenges, I would ask that you please reach out to our customer support team at or (800) 324-9825 x 1 . We want to ensure that you have the access and support you need to grow your business.

Mike Randall Milton, FL

My customer service rep was helpful, knowledgeable, and answered my questions. But, there was some misinformation about what your range is, my first transaction ended was more than my range and it ended up holding the deposit for 14 days before they released it. I lost a customer because of it. It's not user friendly and I could never get a straight answer on what to use.

K.L. Irvine, CA

I wanted to be able to do transactions online, so I got it. It takes a while to get through to customer support when you need them. The software is ok but I know some others out there that are better.

Angela Lewis Hyattsville, MD

I have my own business so I needed something like this. I've had no issues with them and they've all been very friendly. The equipment could be a little better though.

Steve Hulsey Baytown, TX

I got it because I needed to be able to process credit card payments. The equipment is easy to use, but right now there are to payments that are being held up. Nobody has gotten back to me on that yet.

Trudy Dabbs Ashland City, TN

I just went and researched different websites and they seemed to have good reviews and great rates. Everything I read about them was very positive. I signed up with them on February 22, today is March 6 and I still have not received my credit card machine. They've also charged me $98 more than what was originally quoted for my clover mini station and even put in the wrong ID number for me. I've called customer service several times, I've tried to email them, but all I've gotten is people's names, phone numbers, and timestamps for those calls. No one has been able to help me or give me any answers. This morning I gave it one last try and got a representative by the name of Bob from the tech department. He has been the only one that was able to help me out so far. After my initial call he called me back later in the morning to let me know that a machine had been sent out. He's trying to figure out why I haven't received it already and has been reaching out to representatives to find out why my information was put in wrong from the very beginning. He is trying to fix the problems that I have. Before Bob though, this was the worst experience I've had with credit card companies. I was about to go to the better business bureau to file a complaint. They need to get better customer service and have someone at hand that is capable of handling problems when they arise instead of putting the customer off and saying that there's no one that can fix the issue.

Ian Crawford

We started a new company and needed credit card processing, so we went with Flagship. They've been quick to respond to anything we need. Their equipment is good too, but there's a few things that are not included...

Lori Johnson San Jose, CA

I was not happy with my previous provider so I switched to Flagship. I'm still very new to it, but I'm not very happy with the fact that instead of a monthly fee, they charge a fee per transaction. I may change service providers because of that.

Anna Libassi

I haven't received the equipment yet but I signed up because they had the best pricing. So far customer service has been friendly, helpful, and they returned my phone calls promptly.

Jimmy Ellis

I needed to be able to accept card payments, that's why I got it. The equipment is fairly easy to use, but it doesn't really allow for detailed invoicing. It has also taken over a week just to get one credit card to be processed.. There have been various holds on that and they didn't respond to my calls when I was trying to figure out why.

John Cooper

I got it so I could process credit cards. Their system is easy to use. I'm new to this so I've only had to process 1 card so far. I assume everything will be ok.

Eric Reeves Spring, TX

I needed a credit card payment plan. They got me set up in a timely manner, and answered all my questions. Their system was intuitive and easy to use.

Angela Manning Bernalillo, NM

I was looking for a better deal, but it turned out it was costing more. They say that it's a certain amount, and then all of a sudden they start charging more. There were a couple of incidents that I was looking into. For some transactions, they charge a little bit more than others. It wasn't what they said it was going to be; it was sometimes a little bit more.

Hollie Smith Des Moines, IA

I had signed up because of an advertisement. Their equipment was fine. I didn't have equipment issues. The reason I'm no longer with Flagship is that my account was hacked. I called up their loss prevention department and informed them of what was going on. There was a really bizarre deal because people were depositing money into my account, so I reported it. Within a week they had deposited about $20,000 in my account. I reported it and said it wasn't mine, and that they needed to take it out. When I checked later, my account was drawn way down; the $20,000 was gone, and another $15,000 had been withdrawn as well, out of my checking account. When I called to ask why, they told me they took the extra $15,000 out in case anything else came through. When I asked when I could expect to get that money back, they said probably 3 to 6 months. Fortunately, by working with my bank, we were able to stop the extra $15,000 from coming out. I got a bunch of backlash from Flagship about stopping the $15,000. Now, they received every dime that got put into my account, plus the processing fees. When I talked to the Loss Prevention department, they told me that I should have put filters on this. That's something that we should have been notified about beforehand. It just wasn't a very good experience, and that's why I decided to go back with Wells Fargo and just keep everything in-house. There were other processing fees charged even when we hadn't processed anything at all, and we're looking at potentially going to court over it. I don't think they were very trustworthy at all. When I had issues where my account got hacked they dumped me like a hot potato, and I've got no support from them whatsoever. I don't know anybody who I dislike enough to recommend it to them. I just I had a very bad experience with them and I'm pretty much done.

Erin Erickson Franklin, NC

I Googled them regarding their reviews. Customer support is pretty honest; I've never had an issue with them, nor with my terminals. They're little vague when you first set up with them, and they tell you these are the fees, and then of course they tack on others.

Igaal Barak Northridge, CA

I needed their system for consent purposes. They did what they said they were going to do. Very friendly. Interest was high and they answered very quickly.

Elizabeth Hanke Mankato, MN

I just needed a merchant account, but I've had a lot of problems with my reader, and it often takes a long time to walk through. It happens like once a month. They eventually get me through it, but it takes awhile. When I have those problems, I have to use their online booking service instead, so I always have to have a backup because it's not reliable. I think they should make sure the equipment works all the time. I also think it's slightly expensive. When my term's up, I plan to leave.

Larry Reed Lawton, OK

I thought it would be a cheap company to use, and I don't really have too much problem with the equipment, but they don't disclose all the fees and the things associated with signing up. I actually don't really like flagship that much, because they have too many fees. They advertise that there is not an annual fee, which is a lie. They've also got the PCI compliance thing that they don't tell you about, but that you really need to know about, because those things come directly out of your account. I think I'm going to go to another merchant service because of the things that I've dealt with while I've been a flagship customer. I wouldn't recommend anyone else to actually use them.

Anonymous Fountain Inn, SC

I went with them after I received some input from from another business owner who had used flagship in the past. Now, I've been trying to close my account since December 4, and they've done nothing but throw roadblocks in my way, and it's been a nightmare. I've had to close a bank account, to physically deter them from taking money out of my account. They put in for a rebate for a certain amount of the fees; that was going on for two weeks and then they told me it wasn't decided. They're now sending collection letters; it's just a nightmare. One of the merchant account people signed me up, and within sixty days I was I was dealing with eight-fold costs over my original contractual agreement. It needs to be revamped from the inside out. It's like a used car salesman: once they get you they never let you go. and really it's one of those things where for customers like myself, who are going to leave and possibly relocate and then re-open a merchant account, there's no incentive to do so. It's been so painful that I would never approach Flagship again.

Justin Santucci Grand Junction, CO

I needed a way to process credit cards, but I never ended up using Flagship before I canceled my account. My sales representative was very misleading. Their salespeople need to be told that when they are trying to sell something to somebody, they've got to be up-front and honest so that the customers know what they're getting, exactly, and how much it's going to cost.

Anonymous Kansas City, KS

I signed up because I needed a cheaper form of credit card scanner, but it ended up not being so. The customer service is moderately helpful, and their credit card scanners are good but I never actually use their internet dashboard. I think that they charge way too much for their services. In a three-month period at the end of last year, I only scanned about $387 worth of credit card purchases, and they withdrew $400 out of my account, because of cash purchases, and fees, and insurances, and other things, so I'm no longer with them.

Jana Fey Fort Wayne, IN

The salesman kept calling and calling and I finally decided to give it a try. He said it was $5.95 a month and that I could cancel at any time. I thought I would see if it would help my customers. Since I tried to cancel they've been very difficult. I don't even know if it's canceled yet. I thought I was canceled, and next thing I knew, I was charged another $300.00 bill from them. They need to let customers know that there is an annual fee, instead of just telling them it's $5.95 a month, which I was never billed. The first month I was billed $6.95, and every month after that it went up, and then I was suddenly billed $250.00.