For about twenty years, VRI has helped thousands of seniors and at risk people. Over the last ten years, more monitoring solutions were introduced to give a wider range of protection. They have a mission to be recognized for the quality monitoring systems they provide. They clearly list on their website their mission, core purpose, and values. This is really nice, in our opinion, to see when shopping around. It gives the sense that the company wants to do business transparently by informing all of their customers what to expect.

Rank Chart

#69
VRI Logo

Undisclosed
9.6

With a care center that employs RNs, LPNs, EMTs, and other personnel with clinical experience, you can rest assured that you are getting very professional help in the event that you need it.

They are a diverse company that not only offers medical alerting, but medication and vital sign monitoring so you have even more security.

The Good

• Customer service
  • Mobile monitoring

VRI has a significant track record in medical monitoring services. Their customer service department is exceptional and representatives are easily accessible, friendly and knowledgeable. The company is transparent when interacting with customer service on the phone about their services, policies and recommendations.

Customers have several options from which to select so that their service is tailored to their individual needs. VRI offers medication monitoring and vital statistics monitoring for those who are homebound or suffering with chronic illnesses.

VRI offers mobile monitoring which uses the signal strength by AT&T, with coverage in all 50 states for those who want the protection and peace of mind which is offered by medical monitoring.

The Bad

• Website transparency
  • Discounts and pro-rated refunds
  • Limited equipment selection

While customer service representatives are transparent in their communication with prospective customers, the website is not as much so. In order for customers to receive detailed answers to their questions, they must talk to a representative. Many companies with this policy use high-pressure tactics, which is not the case with VRI.

VRI doesn’t typically offer discounts or pro-rated refunds for multiple month payments, but customer service said that this was discretionary.

Customer service operates with limited hours and is only available during normal business hours (Pacific time).

VRI does not have a lot of selection as far as choosing the type of equipment available. They do not offer choices for each plan, and have standard equipment for the plans.

The Bottom Line

VRI offers monthly service for medical monitoring at an affordable price. The equipment is easily installed and is easy to use, with fall detection and mobile options available for protection when on the go.

Medication and vital signs can be monitored at an additional monthly cost, which can provide subscribers and their family’s peace of mind and allow many to remain independent for longer.

VRI is adaptable and flexible for those wanting or needing shorter-term coverage.

VRI is fully recommended as a viable option for a medical monitoring company based upon their customer service, pricing and their flexible terms.

X close
X close

5 VRI Reviews

1. Select Your Rating:

0=WORST 10=BEST

2. Subject For This Review*(Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

or

1. User Score

December 8th, 2016

Have used this company for the past 3 years in assisting our 95 year old mom in the event of an emergency and keeping my brother and I informed. I live out of state and knowing that a company is always monitoring her in the event that emergency help is needed, is very comforting. I pay a yearly fee of $239.50 which is a bargain for peace of mind.

2. User Score

December 7th, 2016 Middletown, OH

VRI is the best. The customer service is second to none and i am always feeling safe

1 1

3. User Score

December 7th, 2016 Portsmouth, OH

I have had experience with VRI PERS systems for nearly 10 years. I find them to be reliable and when there is a problem, the customer support is fantastic. They also call and remind you to test your unit if it has been awhile since you have performed a test.

9 2

4. User Score

November 22nd, 2016

I have been completely pleased with VRI service. I first was given the in home style when I returned from the hospital on 9/30/14. I had a triple fracture and dislocation of my right ankle plus problems from a seriously broken wrist which happened and wasn’t completely healed when I broke my ankle. Medicare ran out before I was completely independent, but I had already decided from reading the information and the reasonable cost of my transferring of my account to myself that I really wanted/needed this. I recommend this device for anyone who lives alone, whether that person is young or old. I am completely satisfied, especially since I upgraded to the kind of monitor that allows me to carry it with me. Thank you, VRI, for having such a good product, delivering it so quickly, and for the excellent service I receive. One day, I was “juggling” some packages when I had returned from the grocery store. I accidentally mashed one of the heavier packages against the button. I was being asked if I needed help before I could get the key into the lock. Thankfully I needed none, but I call that great service.

5. User Score

November 4th, 2016 West Chester, PA

I have been using the VRI PERS service for almost 5 years. Their call center staff is always friendly and willing to help in more ways than just in emergencies. It’s almost like have a personal concierge whose just a button away!

15 2