Based in Boca Raton, Florida, MobileHelp serves clients in all 50 states. A leading provider of M-PERS (Mobile-Personal Emergency Response System) technology, MobileHelp has been in business for the past decade.

MobileHelp has been providing mobile medical alert systems since 2008. They offer three different systems: Classic, DUO  and the new Solo system. The Classic is great for those who just need protection at home, while the DUO protects anyone even when they’re away from home by using cellular service through AT&T. Solo is also a mobile system that provides emergency medical response at home and on the go at a lower price than DUO, and lacks a few other features.

The Good

• GPS satellite tracking technology
  • MobileHelp Connect tools
  • Fall Button feature

MobileHelp’s focus is GPS satellite tracking technology. The company’s Anywhere Help Button is their prize feature. Compared to some other companies in the personal emergency response niche, the Anywhere Help Button doesn’t require a landline phone, can be used when taking walks, in the car, shopping or on vacation.

With this button, customers can call 911 from anywhere. In the time that a cell phone 911 operator spends gathering personal information, a MobileHelp operator will have contacted the closest available paramedics and will have already explained this information to them. Help will be on the way to the customer’s current location along with their personal health information. Once help is secured, MobileHelp’s operators contact the customer’s family.

One feature MobileHelp offers is MobileHelp Connect® – a suite of online tools to help customers and authorized caregivers, such as family members, actively participate in the subscriber’s health and well-being. MobileHelp Connect standard features are available at no extra charge, and premium features are offered for an additional monthly fee. MobileHelp mobile GPS medical alert systems offer location services that can be accessed through MobileHelp Connect. Features available will vary depending on the type of system and accessories used.

MobileHelp has just released a new service called “MobileHelp Connect Premium” which provides a lifetime price guarantee, protection from replacing lost or damaged equipment and additional discounts.

The company also offers MobileHelp Connect which is a free service. There are two additional features that can be purchased for just $5 more per month: Medication reminders and Activity tracker.  The Medication Reminder lets users (or family members) schedule medication reminders online using the Connect portal, schedule friendly reminders to the user to take their meds every day and on time. These audio reminders come through the cellular base station. This feature keeps family members involved and aware of their loved one’s condition as they live independently. It is also a great feature for families of people with dementia or Alzheimer’s who tend to wander off.

MobileHelp just released a brand new product called “Fall Button”. Fall Button is an important feature that automatically sends out an alarm if you fall. Fall buttons have been shown to reduce injuries and deaths since there are times when seniors fall and cannot manually summon help.

The Bad

• Limited to areas covered by AT&T
  • Additional fee

MobileHelp only works for those who live in an areas covered by AT&T network. Their monitoring system works with a cellular network to deliver 3G service that works while away from the home. Unfortunately if AT&T doesn’t service a specific location, MobileHelp won’t work well there. Find out if the service is available before purchasing your system.

One fine print issue is concerning the Mobile Help Connect feature. MobileHelp is free, but there is an additional cost of $5 per 30 additional location requests. The free feature only covers up to 30 requests This only becomes an issue if the person using the device is traveling a lot and family members have to check in on them constantly—because if they are, pricing can add up.

The Bottom Line

There’s no phone land line required to use the MobileHelp medical alert system. They are one of the leading providers of M-PERS or Mobile Personal Emergency Response System technology, servicing all 50 US states. MobileHelp also offers MobileHelp Connect which is a platform that helps families track their senior loved ones while using their MobileHelp system.

Frequently Asked Questions

How much does MobileHelp Cost?

Depending on the subscription plan, MobileHelp charges anywhere from $29.95-$41.95 per month for non-stop monitoring and emergency dispatch services. Customers may choose between annual, semi-annual, quarterly and monthly plans. If customers do not wish to have mobile protection outside of their home, MobileHelp also offers a traditional Classic plan.

Do they have contracts?

No contracts. MobileHelp offers a monthly subscription service that can be cancelled upon request at any time.

How is MobileHelp’s monitoring?

MobileHelp users get direct access to highly trained emergency response operators 24/7/365 who will know who you are and where you are, even when you are away from home.

More Information

Additional Company Details

Contract Details*

Mobile Help does not require any of its customers to sign a long-term contract. Each emergency alert system package is offered on a month-to-month basis. This business practice allows customers to only use the services for as long as they need without having to pay for months that are not necessary because of a contract. The lack of contract also applies to the AT&T wireless network (used for the services). Customers have full control over the type of service and the length they receive.

Though customers are not required to sign a service contract, they will have to agree to the Terms and Conditions set by Mobile Help. This article outlines the responsibilities of both the company and the customers. The highlights of this document include the following:

• The company can terminate services for failure to comply with this agreement.
  • The customers are responsible for the installation and testing of the emergency alert equipment.
  • The company is not responsible for lack of promptness the customers experience from its monitoring center.

*In no way does this summation strive to compensate for reading the actual terms of service or contract provided by this company. We are providing this information to allow consumers to see the points of the contract that we believe they should be aware of. Please refer to the company’s term of service or contract document to see the full details.

Warranty Details

MobilHelp states that there is a lifetime warranty on their products.

Accreditations

The Mobile Help command center is certified by the Underwriters Laboratories. This company has tested Mobile Help’s systems to make sure they are the most effective and safe for the customers who use them. Each system is also FDA Registered, FCC Certified, and has been evaluated by PTCRB. Customers can trust that the type of service that they receive is up to industry standards because of these accreditations.

Package Details

Customers of Mobile help will have the option to choose from three different emergency alert packages. The packages, their specific features, and pricing details are as follows:

Mobile Help Classic at Home:

• $41.95/month ($393.40/annual)
  • Cellular network
  • Cellular base station

MobileHelp Solo: Home & Away

• Monthly Plan: $32.95/month ($360.40/annual)
  • Mobile without the base system
  • 24/7 monitoring

MobileHelp System Overview

The benefits of the Package are:

• 24/7/365 US-based Emergency Monitoring Service
  • Mobile, at home and away from home, emergency response coverage
  • Direct voice contact with highly trained emergency response operators
  • GPS satellite tracking technology
  • Closest available emergency responders dispatched to current location
  • Cellular voice and data network with nationwide connection to Emergency Monitoring Service
  • MobileHelp Connect customer portal with online location mapping

• 600 Foot Range – From Personal Emergency Help Button
  • Up to 21 Hours Battery – Back-Up Life in Case of a Power Outage
  • Test Light Reminder – Notifies Due Testing to Ensure Unit is Working Properly

Mobile Device

Alert Monitoring Center With Mobile Alerts (Not Waterproof)

• 250 Foot Range – On Mobile GPS Device
  • Cradle Charger – Charges Mobile Device

Personal Emergency Help Button:

Wrist Button or Neck Pendant (Waterproof)

• 600 Foot Range – From Base Station

• Waterproof
  • Compatible with Cellular Base Station

MobileHelp Feature Details

Price

MobileHelp offers three services: mobile service, or DUO System, and home service, or classic.

MobileHelp Classic At Home

• Monthly: $29.95/month ($324.40/annual)

MobileHelp Solo: Home & Away

• Monthly Plan: $37.95/month ($360.40/annual)
  • Mobile without the base system

MobileHelp DUO Home and Away

• Monthly: $41.95/month ($393.40/annual)

All plans have a 30-day risk-free trail. This means users may return the product at any time within 30 days and receive a full refund.

Warranty

Lifetime.

Activation Fees

Activation is free. There are no up-front or hidden costs associated with any MobileHelp product.

Mobile Alerts

MobileHelp touts that it was the first to offer a system that extends the features of in-home alert systems on a cellular network. It uses a GPS system along with cellular technology to notify the Monitoring Center of a user’s location. By doing this, the Monitoring Center can have communication with the user in case of an emergency.

When a user leaves home and is out and about, he or she will take the mobile device and pendant or wrist button. When need arises, the user presses the button, and 2-way voice contact is established with the same Monitoring Center that a user would use at home.

The mobile device works nationwide and connects with the closest emergency professionals available.

Device Range

The range from base station to the pendant is about 600 yards. The mobile device has a range of 350 feet from the pendant.

Technology and Equipment

MobileHelp products use a base station in tandem with a mobile device and either a neck pendant or wrist button. Users are not required to have a landline to use the products. The devices work inside and outside the user’s home.

Also, MobileHelp offers an all-new Fall Button. This waterproof, comfortable and lightweight device detects when the user falls. It does not, however, detect all falls. Users should therefore push their normal help button when they need help. It is compatible with MobileHelp’s Cellular Base Station. It costs the user a mere $10 a month in addition to their normal plan.

Contract

MobileHelp does not require contracts on its services. In addition, mobile service is included with the monitoring plan.

Service Map

• MobileHelp Monitoring Centers Located Throughout the US
  • MobileHelp Medical Alerts work with Nationwide 3G Networks
  • Powered by AT&T

Support Quality

The Monitoring Center is on hand to provide support 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Customers and prospective customers needing assistance with billing, sales or technical questions can call 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST Monday through Friday.

Monitoring Center operators are highly trained. They each pass through a rigorous three-month training program and are required to receive Alarm Company Employee (ACE) certification. Live, trained professionals handle all emergency calls. The company is dedicated to its customers’ welfare and safety in all circumstances.

The company website also has a thorough and comprehensive FAQ page on the website where many typical questions are addressed and answered. MobileHelp is also found on Facebook, Twitter and Google+. There is also an active blog, where relevant information is regularly shared with customers.

Time in Business

MobileHelp has been in business for 10 years.

Company Contact Information

3701 FAU Blvd., Suite 300

Boca Raton, FL 33431

Email: [email protected]

Location of Certified Monitoring Centers

There are three Monitoring Centers. Locations are in Lafayette, LA; Baton Rouge, LA; and Chicago, IL.

*MobileHelp Medical Alert System Equipment is UL Listed, FDA Registered, FCC Certified, PTCRB Certified, & AT&T Network Certified.

*Operators Working in MobileHelp’s Monitoring Center Have Completed Alarm Company Employee (ACE) Certification.

X close
X close

Call our recommended rep over at MobileHelp below.

Or you can visit their site by clicking here.

610 MobileHelp Reviews

1. Select Your Rating:

0=WORST 10=BEST

2. Subject For This Review*(Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

or

1. User Score

April 26th, 2017 Archer, FL

Well I purchased the base and little modem that goes with it and the necklace and the bracelet. I’m very satisfied with it. I can take it with me where ever I go and if I’m going out of town all I do called met line and let them know where I’m going so they are aware that I’m not at home. And the customer service is outstanding. Everyone has been very helpful and you know when I call, if I need something they’re right there answering, I’m not talking to a machine I’m talking to a person so that means a lot to me.

2. User Score

April 26th, 2017 Getzville, NY

This seemed like the best one around. The product is very user friendly. I have the duo

3. User Score

April 26th, 2017

I had have a stroke years ago and I live alone so you know I felt you know I needed something to you know in case of emergency so no body finds me just laying on the floor. Then I saw MobileHelp in my AARP monthly news letter. So far so good. Only feedback is when you go out, you have to keep charging the small unit you know that you take with you when you’re far.

4. User Score

April 26th, 2017 Colorado Springs, CO

I have MobileHelp. I’ve had another one before and I just wanted to change. The equipment is very easy to use.

5. User Score

April 26th, 2017

This service is pretty good. I bought it for me because I keep falling. I don’t have anything negative to say about it.

6. User Score

April 26th, 2017

I got this for my mother because she is alone during the day. The equipment is very good. So far, the service is good

7. User Score

April 26th, 2017 Cuero, TX

I live with my mother and we both have fallen, so we thought MobileHelp would be the best option for us both. She doesn’t know much about computers, but she called the representatives when there was an issue and they worked right to it. The young man walked her through it, and everything’s working just fine. We’re both happy with the service!

8. User Score

April 26th, 2017

Being that I love alone, I thought I needed this service. I’m happy with it so far. The sales team is wonderful.

9. User Score

April 26th, 2017 Fayetteville, GA

As a disabled person, I thought MobileHelp would be the best option. I can’t say their Sales Team was great, I think they talk too much, but the equipment itself was alright. Overall, it’s been a positive experience.

10. User Score

April 26th, 2017 Bradenton, FL

Although the service is very good, and the devices let me be around my house without a problem, I think I’ll have to cancel it soon. I have a cellphone, which to me is just as quick as this. I just can’t afford this service right now.

11. User Score

April 26th, 2017 Annapolis, MD

The equipment was very good and easy to install. Their representatives didn’t really have to sell me anything, because I liked it when I saw it on TV.

12. User Score

April 26th, 2017 Statham, GA

We haven’t use it yet, but its seems to be fine. However, their Sales Team was excellent. The equipment was very good as well. It was packaged very well, and the instructions were very clear. There was no problem setting up and doing the test. Plus, it came very quickly in the mail.

13. User Score

April 26th, 2017 Running Springs, CA

My granddaughter figured out how to install the equipment for me. Everything with MobileHelp is fine, however, the Fall Detector button is too sensitive. I’m supposed to wear it outside my clothes, but it goes off when I’m not falling.

14. User Score

April 26th, 2017 Roscoe, IL

They were very easy to talk to, and very responsive to my questions. On top of that, the equipment was easy to use. Luckily, I’ve been fine so far.

15. User Score

April 26th, 2017 Aurora, CO

I purchased MobileHelp to be at different places alone, in case something happened. Although I haven’t had to use it, I think the service is okay.

16. User Score

April 26th, 2017 Salem, OR

I’m very happy with MobileHelp. They helped me from the beginning. I couldn’t decide what I wanted, and the representative gave me all the options that were available. After that, they came up with the one they thought is best for me. I was really impressed with how quick I received a call when the alert went off.

17. User Score

April 26th, 2017 Melbourne, FL

Thankfully, I haven’t used it really, but I feel much more comfortable having that protection because I live alone. Besides, it’s very easy to use. Their service was pretty straight forward as well. The man I spoke tow as very persuasive.

18. User Score

April 26th, 2017 Bonsall, CA

The representatives have always been very nice and they explained everything. I’m really pleased with the personnel there, and completely satisfied with the service.

19. User Score

April 26th, 2017 Grayslake, IL

I don’t have the reps name that took care of us, but we had to call a several time for assistance, and they were great! My mother in law had to push the button a handful of times already, and with the lock box in place, the paramedics were able access the house very easily and get her the help she needed. The entire system worked just like it was designed.

20. User Score

April 26th, 2017 Lancaster, TX

They were very helpful in the beginning. Everything worked out perfectly when we used it. The only thing I’d say is that it’s worth some money.