Contact A Company$100 Satisfaction Guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

Medical Guardian Logo

Medical Guardian

verified
$100 Guarantee
Medical Guardian is currently offering a special promotion to BestCompany visitors. See details below.

Medical Guardian has been an authority in fall detection since they opened their doors in 2005. The in-home medical alert company offers medical alert systems for those who may need emergency services on the go as well as at home. The company also has CSAA certified monitoring centers that are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and work to keep your loved ones safe. Currently, Medical Guardian is considered one of the best medical alert companies in the medical alert device industry.

The Good

• Price
  • New 2019 Medical Guardian Deals
  • Systems
  • Fall Detection
  • Contract
  • Warranty
  • Monitoring
  • Customer Service
  • Special Offers
  • Risk Assessment
  • CSAA Five Diamond Certified
  • The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian members get alert equipment free of charge*, with no setup fees or long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a Lifetime Warranty and include access to their 24/7 monitoring centers in the event of an emergency. The Medical Guardian monitoring centers provide bilingual support available for those who cannot speak English. Medical Guardian also includes medical alert services to Canada.

Price

Depending on the package, Medical Guardian charges anywhere from $29.95-$49.95 for round-the-clock monitoring and emergency dispatch services. In addition to low monthly monitoring fees, there are no activation fees associated with setting up the account.

New 2019 Medical Guardian Deals

As of January 1, 2019, Medical Guardian is offering a new batch of deals. The medical alert company wanted to offer its customers more diverse billing cycles and offers. Medical Guardian's top-notch service combined with these exciting new offers and new billing cycle continues to set Medical Guardian apart from the competition.

NEW MG Offer Details:

• Monthly - No Add-Ons
  • Quarterly - Free Ground Shipping
  • Semi-Annual - Free Ground Shipping & Free Lockbox
  • Annual - 1 Month Free, Free 2nd button, Free Lockbox, Free Ground Shipping

Systems

Every Medical Guardian medical alert system is identical in that they have a base station, an emergency button, and provide two-way communication. Each system also has a backup battery that has a battery life of at least 24 hours. However, systems like the Mobile Guardian device operate on a cellular network that allows you to take the alert button and miniature base station anywhere. Systems like the basic Classic Guardian operate on a landline connection and have an alert button that can be worn as a wristband or pendant. When the emergency button is activated, you're immediately put in contact with a representative at Medical Guardian's certified monitoring center.

Automatic Fall Detection

Every Medical Guardian alert system offers fall detection except for the Mobile Guardian system.

Contract

Members may cancel their Medical Guardian services at any point without charge. As opposed to companies such as Life Alert, you won't be locked into any long-term contracts with the expectation of buying out.

Warranty

Medical Guardian offers a lifetime warranty. If for some reason the equipment is damaged, Medical Guardian will replace it.

Monitoring

Medical Guardian has a 24/7 monitoring service and even has equipment that detects an emergency and requires no action from the individual in order to receive help. Every system offers two-way communication standard.

Medical Guardian has customer service representatives waiting to assist you whether you have questions about ordering equipment or if you are experiencing difficulty operating the system. Members have the ability to order online or by calling in, and there is an online support team prepared to answer any questions.

Special Offers

If you sign up now, Medical Guardian is offering free activation, free equipment*, and free shipping at checkout.

Risk Assessment

Interactive features help customers better identify their risk of experiencing a fall or medical emergency.

CSAA Five Diamond Certified

This means that Medical Guardian has 100% of their central station operators certified and are committed to CSAA's five points of excellence.

The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian has a new high-tech medical alert device that is a smartwatch for seniors called The Freedom Guardian. This new medical alert watch is designed to be sleek and convenient to wear every day. It has various features to aid your health and safety as well as additional perks. Here are a few of the Freedom Guardian features to be aware of:

• Emergency Alerts: Use the smartwatch to call for help at any time and anywhere.
  • Reminders: Set the smartwatch to give you reminders about taking your medicine, drinking water, and visiting the doctor.
  • Activity Tracking: Track steps and monitor your activity to make sure you are staying active regularly.
  • Messaging and Audible Features: Stay in touch with your loved ones through text-to-speech messaging.
  • Weather Monitoring: Retrieve the daily weather forecast.
  • Touchscreen: The watch is a touch screen and was built to be simple to use for seniors. It also has oversized icons to improve ease of use.
  • Battery: The Freedom Guardian battery life lasts up to two days and can be fully charged in 1.5 hours.
  • GPS Tracking: The smartwatch is GPS enabled. This way, you always know where the wearer's location is and you will be able to find the watch if you ever misplace it.

Disclaimer:

*Free equipment offer does not include the Freedom Guardian system.

The Bad

No Combo Package

While Medical Guardian does offer some of the best equipment and services in the industry, there are still some aspects of their service that require additional attention prior to purchasing. Medical Guardian does not offer an emergency device combo package at this time. This means that consumers will not be able to group multiple items together to receive a discounted rate.

The Bottom Line

Medical Guardian has proven to be an industry-leading medical alert service with its monitoring services, emergency support, quality products, and affordable service. The company's In-Home, GPS, and Automatic Fall-Detection features can be added on an individual basis to help keep your loved ones safe. The company offers some of the best technology on the market at an affordable rate, along with a quick response time to emergency responders. The company's CSAA Five Diamond certification also shows their standing and commitment to excellent customer service. Medical Guardian has clearly established itself as the best company in the medical alert system industry. Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say about Medical Guardian's services and emergency response units.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Guardian below.

Jack
December 8th, 2014 Washington, DC

After extensive online research and phoning several companies, I settled on Medical Guardian. This was in part because of the assistance of Ellen Walker, their knowledgeable salesperson. Medical Guardian provided the services I wanted for my mother without trying to add on other items or providing cheap discounts and inducements. I feel much better about being six hours away from my 85 year old mother knowing she has this extra protection from Medical Guardian.

Gloria Schulman
December 8th, 2014 Vale, NC

Michelle was awesome! Took all the time I needed. Answered all of my questions and was very helpful in helping me make the right decision.

Brandi Reynolds
December 8th, 2014 Colorado Springs, CO

So far so good. I don't foresee any future negativity bf I am happy with the service I recieved today when I activated my device for the fall protection and 911 protection.

Tim
December 8th, 2014 Louisville, KY

quick response, answered all my questions...very impressed

Paul Amrein
November 26th, 2014 Miami, FL

Overall a good experience and very efficient.

Karen Logan
November 25th, 2014 Raynham, MA

I was totally impressed with the customer service representative on the phone. The product includes everything I need for total peace of mind.

Sarah Jane Billington
November 25th, 2014 Bristow, VA

From initial assistance with our phone call to inquire about this system to the polite, patient, and personal activation assistance, Medical Guardian wowed us with their helpfulness, personal interest, and professional representation of their company, product, and promise of exceptional service. I have peace of mind knowing Mom is able to summon help if I'm not by her side and she needs assistance. Thank you.

Sandy Tocher
November 24th, 2014 Anaconda, MT

I can't say enough about how accommodating the sales men that I worked with was. Johnathan was his name. I was very nervous about getting a system like this for my ill Mother. I had been looking for the right one for months and was looking on the computer at Guardian Alert. The next day I received a call from the company to talk to me about it. Johnathan was able to answer every question I had and put me at ease on the things I was nervous about. I am very happy I made the choice to buy the Guardian Alert to help protect my Mom incase of an emergency!! Thank You Johnathan and Guaurdian Alert!!

nancy spear
November 24th, 2014 Bristol, RI

salesman on phone was very knowledgeable and accommodating

Eric Lloyd
November 24th, 2014

Thank You Medical Guardian!!! I have delt with a lot of companies in my life and have never experienced customer service like I have with this company. your customer service advisor Harry is courteous, compassionate, and a real pleasure to talk to. Harry was very knowledgable, helpful and understanding. medical guardian has given me peace of mind when I'm at work and my father is home alone. He is safe thanks to Medical Guardian. You are a life saver. Thank You, I plan on being a long term customer to your company. This company is 2nd to none. I rate you 10. Thank you again!

Ernie
November 19th, 2014 Pepperell, MA

Have had them for a short time (less than 3 months) but have been pleased so far. They have answered all our questions and were very helpful setting up the system. One wish I would have is to have them answer an emergency call quicker than a full 30 seconds. But maybe it was slower because we were just setting the system up at the time. I think this is a very good company to do business with. The cost is in range of other companies offering this type of service. They are very quick sending you the equipment. Took only 3 days. When I requested an extra device I received it in three days also. Impressive!

R Pohlert
November 17th, 2014 Calabasas, CA

Just purchased a mobile system (GPS) for my mother. Tim, MG's rep, was very helpful in getting through the whole process. Waiting on delivery of the system to activate and check quality and time of MG's response.

Laura Brown
November 18th, 2014 Toms River, NJ

Mike was super nice and very professional . We have already received our kit ready for when mom gets home from rehab. Great experience!

MARIA KNOWLES
November 10th, 2014 Fayetteville, GA

I spoke with Jason on two occasions. He was very helpful and explained the alert system very well. I will recommend him to anyone interested in a alarm system.I

Linda Coty
November 18th, 2014 Pulaski, NY

Just ordered the Medical Guardian the other day ,so I am still waiting.The salesman called in response to me registering on a website.b T he salesman was persistant in his promises of a call back, without being be a bother or pushy. He was knowlegable about the product as well as an understanding of the needs of the consomer. All & all it has been a good experience.

Yvonne Maher
November 7th, 2014 Albuquerque, NM

I was so grateful that you called to assist me with the information I requested. Guy was so very understanding & knowledgeable of the circumstances in providing this service! He was so kind and made me very comfortable in assisting me to make the right decision for giving me that feeling of security .I felt like I was having coffee with a caring friend. Thank you Guy, I'm excited for my unit to arrive. Peace is a priceless Gift! You helped me make the right affordable decision.

Bruce
November 18th, 2014 Reno, NV

I spoke with Ed, and he told me the options that best suited my families situation for my grandfather, and recommended the system that he thought would be the best fit. Ed was very professional, he was not pushy or hard sell at all, great salesman! We haven't started the service yet, I'll give a new review after we've had the service.

ROY PHILLIPS
November 7th, 2014 Roanoke, VA

This is a company you do not want to do business with. I ordered the mobile unit...I was about 2 miles from my house when I pushed the button. It took them 5 minutes to answer. They told me I was at my house. Told them I was 2 miles from my house. Called them when I finally got home and told them the unit does not work and they needed to send me a prepaid label to send the unit back. They told me they don't do that. Told them I would put a stop payment on future orders and then trash the unit since they do not care about the unit or the customer. Left it at that....Again you do not want to do business with this company.

Joanne
November 4th, 2014 Severn, MD

Michael Allford was the rep we spoke with. He was personable and very knowledgeable and answered all our questions. I wish all my customer experiences were this excellent

Mary Anne
November 4th, 2014 Milwaukee, WI

The representative was well versed. I have yet to begin service so can't comment further.

Sheryl
November 4th, 2014 Weaverville, NC

Avant made everything easy! I will recommend Medical Guardian to everyone I know!

Tonya Benham
November 5th, 2014 Kemp, TX

Jason was fabulous at covering all my concerns and was very familiar with the products he was promoting. Very pleasant and caring. Wod definitely recommend him for a raise.

Anne
November 4th, 2014 Leesburg, FL

Spoke with Tim. He was very helpful, answered all my questions and no pressure. We received our system in 3 days. Easy to set up.

Rob
November 4th, 2014 Saint Augustine, FL

Very focused and considerate rep

Tyler
October 31st, 2014 Freeport, NY

Jessica gets an A+ from me all the way around!!! Great customer experience!!

Tom Kassulke
October 31st, 2014 Franklin, WI

Friendly advisor who gave pertinent and helpful information.

carmine
October 29th, 2014 West Palm Beach, FL

Vert goid sakesman knew what he was takibg about

Sally Osier
October 29th, 2014 Lodi, CA

Excellent!!

Joyce Britt
October 27th, 2014 Quinton, VA

Jessica was wonderful! She fully explained Medical Guardian and helped me select the system most appropriate for our needs. She was extremely professional, knowledgable, and personable. She made herself easily accessible for future needs, and reassured me that Medical Guardian could help me deal with the pitfalls of dementia.

Rick
October 24th, 2014 Somerset, PA

The sales rep. Michael was very helpful and explained all of the different systems to me. I purchased the mobile system for my mother to use and she is relieved to have a system to get her help quickly if she needs it. After reading all of the reviews and researching the different companies I feel happy with the product. The system arrived quickly and was easy to set up.

Greg Flowers
October 24th, 2014 Amarillo, TX

No pressure. Good features. Affordable rates.

Warren C.
October 22nd, 2014 Fort Mill, SC

Jim was very helpful and patient with all my questions.

Laura Brown
October 20th, 2014 Toms River, NJ

Mike was wonderful, so understanding about the situation . My mom had fallen and broken her hip, she couldn't reach the phone . She had to pull herself along the floor, screaming with each movement. I never wanted her to go through that again. She is fiercely independent and I wanted her to keep that while being safe. Thank God I found Medical Guardian and Mike! I now can rest easy knowing my mom is safe.

Osvaldo
October 17th, 2014 Miami, FL

After shopping around for some time, I found Medical Guardian was the best in meeting my requirements. I called and spoke to Jason. He was courteous, helpful, and answered all my questions professionally and with much care. He is great!! I am looking forward to receiving the equipment for my mom in the next few days. I am sure paying for the whole year in advance was the right decision. Thank you so much Jason!.

David Batka
November 24th, 2014 Tonawanda, NY

Just do not understanding billing as first billing was 384.45, I called was told that 134.85 is corrected amount for 3 months and a credit would be issued, looked a card on-line and 279.60 was billed. Really this is crazy!

Patty Burnette
October 16th, 2014 Jacksonville, FL

Mom finally moved local to me into an Independent/Assisted Living community. Even though I am more at ease there are people around, both mom and I would feel better with a medical alert system. I contacted Medical Guardian via the internet late one evening. I received a phone call from Mike the following morning @ 9:00 a.m. Mike asked what our needs were, was very knowledgeable about the products, explained the process and was very caring. After consulting with mom, I finally called back to order the unit at 7:00 p.m. - - Mike was still there but just leaving. He stayed to place the order so we would get the system in time for moving day. I truly appreciated Mike and all he did!!

Margie Brosi
October 15th, 2014 Crownsville, MD

Jason was amazing!! He was kind, informative & compassionate. After talking with him for a few minutes, my decision was made. Medical Guardian was the company I wanted to work with. Thank you Jason.

kathy krause
October 10th, 2014 Boulder, CO

we haven't received the prod. yet but the sales lady was amazingly helpful and knowledgeable...her father even uses the device. Put me totally at ease and then let the product and her service and first hand knowledge sell me on the product. No high pressured salesperson standing behind their product, just the true business and rating/reviews... I am still getting calls back from the competition after buying from the best!!! Thank you for the true sales customer service which makes me feel absolutely comfortable putting my mom's life in this company's hands

Ruth B Hansen
September 24th, 2014 Washington, DC

Tye was very pleasant, informative, patient, and answered all my questions politely and fully. I really appreciated talking to him. I had been researching and reading reviews of other companies when he called. I'm looking forward to having the security of an alert if I fall. I'm active, balanced, strong, but 92, so who knows what might happen. . . . .

Rose Grunther
September 22nd, 2014 Ardsley, NY

Your representative was excellent.,very courteous and informative