Medical Guardian has been an authority in fall detection since they opened their doors in 2005. The in-home medical alert company offers medical alert systems for those who may need emergency services on the go as well as at home. The company also has CSAA certified monitoring centers that are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and work to keep your loved ones safe.

Currently, Medical Guardian is considered one of the best medical alert companies in the medical alert device industry. Medical Guardian has low monthly monitoring rates ranging from $29.95–$49.95, and the company does not charge any activation or equipment fees**. Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what consumers have to say about the medical alert company.

**Free equipment offer does not include the Freedom Guardian system.

The Good

• Medical Guardian Cost
  • Systems
  • Automatic Fall Detection
  • No Long-Term Contracts
  • Lifetime Warranty
  • Customer Service
  • CSAA Five Diamond Certified 24/7 Monitoring
  • The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian members get alert equipment free of charge**, with no setup fees or long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a Lifetime Warranty and include access to their 24/7 monitoring centers in the event of an emergency. The Medical Guardian monitoring centers provide bilingual support available for those who cannot speak English. Medical Guardian also includes medical alert services to Canada.

Medical Guardian Cost

Depending on the package, Medical Guardian charges between $29.95 and $49.95 for round-the-clock monitoring and emergency dispatch services. In addition to low monthly monitoring fees, there are no activation or equipment fees associated with setting up the account. Medical Guardian offers lower monitoring fees with more extensive features and equipment compared to its competitors, making the company one of the most quality and affordable medical alert options in the industry.

New 2019 Medical Guardian Deals

As of January 1, 2019, Medical Guardian is offering a new batch of deals. The medical alert company wanted to offer its customers more diverse billing cycles and offers. Medical Guardian's top-notch service combined with these exciting new offers and new billing cycle continues to set Medical Guardian apart from the competition.

NEW MG Offer Details:

• Monthly - No Add-Ons
  • Quarterly - Free Ground Shipping
  • Semi-Annual - Free Ground Shipping & Free Lockbox
  • Annual - 1 Month Free, Free 2nd button, Free Lockbox, Free Ground Shipping

Special Offers

If you sign up now, Medical Guardian is offering free activation, free equipment**, and free shipping at checkout. This means you don't have to pay any upfront fees for your medical alert system.

Systems

Every Medical Guardian medical alert system is identical in that they have a base station, a wearable emergency button, and provide two-way communication. Each system also has a backup battery that has a battery life of at least 24 hours. However, systems like the Mobile Guardian device operate on a cellular network that allows you to take the alert button and miniature base station anywhere. Systems like the basic Classic Guardian operate on a landline connection and have an alert button that can be worn as a wristband or pendant. When the emergency button is activated, you're immediately put in contact with a representative at Medical Guardian's certified monitoring center.

Automatic Fall Detection

Every Medical Guardian alert system offers fall detection except for the Mobile Guardian system. Fall detection pendants are equipped with a sensor that is triggered any time a fall occurs, which then immediately sends a signal to Medical Guardian's monitoring center informing them of the emergency.

No Long-Term Contracts

Members may cancel their Medical Guardian services at any point without charge. As opposed to companies such as Life Alert, you won't be locked into any long-term contracts with the expectation of buying out. This allows customers to try out Medical Guardian to see if it is the right medical alert provider for them.

Lifetime Warranty

Medical Guardian offers a lifetime warranty on all its products. If for some reason the equipment is damaged or malfunctions, Medical Guardian will replace it free of charge. Having free equipment and a lifetime warranty on all products ensures money for equipment never has to come out of the customer's pocket.

CSAA Five Diamond Certified 24/7 Monitoring

100% of Medical Guardian's central station monitoring center operators are certified and committed to CSAA's five points of excellence. This can provide peace of mind to medical alert owners knowing they can rely on Medical Guardian's services. Service monitoring is 24/7, and Medical Guardian even has equipment that detects an emergency and requires no action from the individual in order to receive help. Every system offers two-way communication.

Medical Guardian has customer service representatives waiting to assist you whether you have questions about ordering equipment or if you are experiencing difficulty operating the system. Members have the ability to order online or by calling in, and there is an online support team prepared to answer any questions.

The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian has a new high-tech medical alert device that is a smartwatch for seniors called The Freedom Guardian. This new medical alert watch is designed to be sleek and convenient to wear every day. The Freedom Guardian doesn't need a base unit to connect to, and you can wear it with you anywhere you go. Caregivers or family members can download the Companion mobile app to communicate with Freedom Guardian wearers at any time as well as track their current location.

The Freedom Guardian has various features to aid your health and safety as well as additional perks. Here are a few of the Freedom Guardian features to be aware of:

• Emergency Alerts: Use the smartwatch to call for help at any time and anywhere.
  • Reminders: Set the smartwatch to give you calendar alerts and reminders about taking your medicine, drinking water, and visiting the doctor.
  • Activity Tracking: Track steps and monitor your activity to make sure you are staying active regularly.
  • Messaging and Audible Features: Stay in touch with your loved ones through text-to-speech messaging.
  • Weather Monitoring: Retrieve the daily weather forecast.
  • Touchscreen: The watch is a touch screen and was built to be simple to use for seniors. It also has oversized icons to improve ease of use.
  • Battery: The Freedom Guardian battery life lasts up to two days and can be fully charged in 1.5 hours.
  • GPS Tracking: The smartwatch is GPS enabled. This way, you always know where the wearer's location is and you will be able to find the watch if you ever misplace it.

Disclaimer:

**Free equipment offer does not include the Freedom Guardian system.

The Bad

No Combo Package

While Medical Guardian does offer some of the best equipment and services in the industry, there are still some aspects of their service that require additional attention prior to purchasing. Medical Guardian does not offer an emergency device combo package at this time. This means that consumers will not be able to group multiple items together to receive a discounted rate.

The Bottom Line

Medical Guardian has proven to be an industry-leading medical alert service with its monitoring services, emergency support, quality products, and affordable service. The company's In-Home, GPS, and Automatic Fall-Detection features can be added on an individual basis to help keep your loved ones safe.

The company offers some of the best technology on the market at an affordable rate, along with a quick response time to emergency responders. Medical Guardian's CSAA Five Diamond certification also shows its standing and commitment to excellent customer service. Medical Guardian has clearly established itself as the best company in the medical alert system industry. Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say about Medical Guardian's services and emergency response units.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Guardian below.

Marilyn Gentry
November 6th, 2017 Indianapolis, IN DETAILS

They have been very prompt when I pushed the button not intending to. (This is her son (Dan Gentry) doing the survey with her on the phone. She no longer has internet!!)

Deborah Rund
November 6th, 2017 DETAILS

Was not told that if I had to hit the button, medical would not know my exact location just nearest AT&T tower. When I called the operator said something about buy a model up. I would not recommend . Researching other companies . Thinking of cancealing.

Mark A Olson
November 3rd, 2017 DETAILS

Completely useless! The only time I have needed to use the service to call an ambulance, there was very long delay and, instead of an ambulance , the police were called, for a diabetic episode! This was uncalled for and an intolerable. I will dial 911, myself, instead. Totally unprofessional and definitely went against my wishes.

Eva Clemens
November 3rd, 2017 DETAILS

Very pleasant staff. Equipment great. Delivery good. Hope I may never have an emergency, but it is good to have your service if I need it. Would recommend to others.

Madeline Harrison
November 3rd, 2017 DETAILS

I like the comfort feeling of help being there if i need it. The ease of use, & the choice of necklace or wrist.

Lee Crozier
November 2nd, 2017 DETAILS

It works well for us as my wife needs to know what is going on at home with me when she is at work.

Richard Lewis
November 2nd, 2017 DETAILS

I was very pleased with the customer service person that helped me set up the system. It as very easy to set up. All questions were answered.

Richard Arthur
November 2nd, 2017 DETAILS

The premium device did not work in my rural area and sent back. They told me the mobile device would work in my area. I ordered it with the same results. I have sent it back. I gave them the reason I was sending it back and received a strong pitch to try a third device with less features. I had to say no many times. From this I had excellent service and at the end poor service which leaves a mixed review.

Wannetta Sherrod
November 2nd, 2017 DETAILS

I have been happy with the unit. It's light weight and comfortable to wear. Customer Service Representatives have been more than helpful. Would recommend to family and friends.

Virgil Paradise
November 2nd, 2017 DETAILS

I ordered this product online for my elderly parents, the rep I spoke with was very kind and knowledgeable. The product was promptly sent, the setup was a breeze as the rep described. I would highly recommend this product.

Jean Harvey
November 2nd, 2017 DETAILS

My mom has only used the Medical Guardian for about three weeks. So far we are pleased, but there has not been a reason to use the service and I hope we never have to. Everything came as advertised.

Matthew Leo
November 1st, 2017 DETAILS

Gives peace of mind for me and my family knowing we have a layer of safety when an elderly parent want to live alone.

Gennessee Harkness
October 31st, 2017 DETAILS

They saved my moms life several times and were prompt and courteous.

Daniel Kocher
October 31st, 2017 DETAILS

Only thing you can do better as when you push the black button. It starts to beep super loud so I can only test at about 10am in the morning when all persons above me go to work. Their should be a volume button on it. Sometimes I wait 12 loud beeps before anybody comes on.

G.S
October 30th, 2017 Ocala, FL DETAILS

We got it for my mother about a week ago. We haven't had an occasion to use it, but it worked perfectly when we tested it. The customer service gentleman I talked to was very informative and knowledgeable.

Jean Nemec
October 30th, 2017 Monroeville, PA DETAILS

They have answered all the questions I have. The only thing is that there are some features that are not covered in their device.

Lois Gamblin
October 30th, 2017 Texas City, TX DETAILS

I got it for my mom who has dementia. I've helped her test it so she can get familiar with it and the customer service people have explained everything to us. They're real good. The only thing that I don't like about it is that she has to hold the button down for a certain amount of time for it to start the alarm. I know that otherwise she could bump it accidentally and they'd be calling me all the time, but I don't think that's terribly bad. For a person with dementia, those kinds of instructions might not work.

James Jordan
October 30th, 2017 Harrisburg, PA DETAILS

After my wife passed away and I had to live by myself, I decided to get it just in case anything happened. I haven't had a reason to use it, but it has been good. Customer service has always told me everything I need to know. I've never seen something like this before, but I like it.

Elsie Surian
October 30th, 2017 Fresno, CA DETAILS

I didn't mean to get it at first. The saleslady for Medical Guardian conned me into it with a bunch of half truths. Each person I talked to afterwards told me a different story, made different quotes on the price, and until now I still haven't received the final invoice. I don't know what I actually paid for this contraption. On top of that the automatic fall detection gave me 8 false alarms on the first day, so I decided to just have the speaker. I've been terribly frustrated.

Willis Parrott
October 30th, 2017 Lynchburg, VA DETAILS

I haven't received the device yet, but I had 2 people who used it in the past. They had a good success rate at the time.

Helen White
October 30th, 2017 Stafford, VA DETAILS

When I first got it, they were very helpful and went through all the steps with me. Originally I went with the regular button, the one that's just for when you stay home. Since I'm more active I decided to switch to Active Guardian. I made a mistake the other day though. I had to go get an MRI, so I put the device in my walker's basket. I never realized that the little squares in the basket were just the right size for the thing to fall through and I just lost it. I tried calling them to get a replacement but at that time they were closed. Afterwards I was able to get them to replace it for me and I'm waiting to get another one. I wish they had a separate phone line for emergencies that are not related to the button pressing. It seems that everything goes to the same line. On top of that, the replacement is $350. I wish it wasn't quite that expensive, especially since I'm sure I'm not the only person that has lost one. Other than that I'm satisfied with it, they are very trustworthy.

Kathy Kelly
October 30th, 2017 VANCOUVER, WA DETAILS

I liked it because it didn't need to be connected to the telephone. Right now the problem that I have is that it is too touchy. I just move, it turns on, and somebody has to call me every time that happens.

October 30th, 2017 Louisville, KY DETAILS

My conversations with the company have been good. We haven't used the service at the time though.

Leroy Dexter
October 30th, 2017 Subiaco, AR DETAILS

I think everything has been well so far. I have the wristband and it's comfortable. I've only used it for testing, but it has turned out to be alright.

October 30th, 2017 Thebes, IL DETAILS

I just got it a couple of weeks ago, so I haven't used it for an emergency yet. When I called them they were very good to me and answered all my questions. They were very nice on the phone.

Dolly Sears
October 30th, 2017 Marion, VA DETAILS

I've had it for about a week. So far they have answered well, I don't have to wait and it works well. I like it that I can take it with me and it's stable, it's just what I was looking for.

Margie Dupont
October 30th, 2017 Arroyo Grande, CA DETAILS

The only complain I have is that there seems to be false alarms. I get calls saying that a fall was detected and they do their job and all that, but I have not fallen. Yesterday I had one, but on Saturday I got 4 of those false alarms. Still, they are very prompt. After I get the message about a fall being detected they are very prompt and a live person comes on asking me if I need anything. The thing itself is comfortable, not too heavy.

Jill Schierling
October 30th, 2017 Hillsboro, KS DETAILS

My sister has one of these and she likes it, so I decided to get one myself. I haven't had to use it yet because I've only had it for about a week. I do carry it with me all day long since it has the GPS feature, I can take it anywhere with me even if I leave the house. I imagine that if I get a flat tire or other car troubles they'll also be able to help me. Customer service has pretty much answered all of our questions. I think it's a good device to have in case you fall or have an accident.

Helen Guy
October 30th, 2017 ROCKWOOD, TN DETAILS

Since I've had it for a couple of months I haven't had to use it yet. It does come in handy and I don't have to worry about going out shopping and taking a fall. I know somebody will be able to get me. I call them anytime I need information, if I'm going somewhere in particular, etc. I feel a lot safer now and I'm no longer worried about just going to the bathroom. Even the price is good.

Adair Mcconnell
October 30th, 2017 Harrisonburg, VA DETAILS

I have the pendant and I carry around the phone so I can use it anytime. I also have a lock box on the door so I feel well protected. Through the initial sales customer service was always fine. I found that everything was well explained and that they answered my questions. Both my family and I are very happy with the service.

Patricia Laster
October 30th, 2017 Matawan, NJ DETAILS

I just got it, so I really haven't used it yet. I just pressed the button to make sure that it was working and it was alright. Customer service was fantastic, they were polite and courteous. They answer anything and they do everything they can for me. They were terrific.

Betty Lathrop
October 30th, 2017 Boise City, OK DETAILS

They are available 24/7. So far we are satisfied with the performance.

Analisia Flores
October 30th, 2017 Vista, CA DETAILS

I have fallen before and since my husband is hardly ever at home, we thought it'd be safer for me to have it. They have a very fast response.

October 30th, 2017 Knoxville,TN DETAILS

I liked that I didn't have to be close to my land phone to use the service. I've just had it for 2-3 weeks and thank goodness I haven't had to use it. I keep the base in my pocket since I don't wear the pendant or the bracelet. I guess it's a disadvantage that I have to carry it with me when go around the store doing my errands, but I can use it to speak with them. In the beginning I misunderstood and thought that I could use the bracelet and pendant as a phone sort of thing, but they explained it all to me and were very informative.

Chris Lading
October 30th, 2017 Collinsville, IL DETAILS

I wanted to try the service for my husband without having to commit for very long. Since Medical Guardian didn't have a contract, we decided to try it. Since my husband is disabled, I put the bracelet on him whenever I have to leave and I don't have to worry about him. The whole thing is very easy to set up and they also gave me help through the telephone.

Lenore Turkeltaub
October 30th, 2017 Bettendorf, IA DETAILS

I've only had it for a few days, but it gives me emotional security. So far it has been ok and I know I have it if anything happens.

Joseph O'Neill
October 30th, 2017 Bowie, MD DETAILS

I've checked it by pushing the button and talking to the people that responded. I know that it's there if I actually need it. Everything seems to work well.

Elizabeth Leonard
October 30th, 2017 Springfield, IL DETAILS

We've interacted very little with customer service, but when we were setting up the system they were very helpful. Thank God we haven't had to use it yet, but we all feel very secure with it being used.

Pete Nunez
October 30th, 2017 De Queen, AR DETAILS

When I was researching it, the person that I talked to on the phone was very courteous and sounded very honest. When comparing the prices, some of the other companies would charge over a hundred dollars, especially with all the whistles and other features. Medical Guardian was the cheapest, $70 as the young man told me, so I went with it. I wear it 24 hours a day and I'm still very mobile. I drive my car, go to town, go to church, etc. So far I haven't had any incident, thank goodness, but I feel comfortable knowing that it's there. If something were to happen to me, if I fall or something, I would have it at hand. Being 83 years of age, being protected is a great thing.

Yolanda Sanchez
October 30th, 2017 Ashburn, VA DETAILS

I use it everyday as soon as I get home from work. When I first called them, it just took 5 minutes and the gentleman that responded was very helpful. The device itself is not really big or bulky and it's very user friendly. I don't think it was a bad deal.

October 30th, 2017 Amston, CT DETAILS

Unanimously, we think it's fine. My mom just wears the wristband at night and in the daytime too. I've called them and they respond right away, just like they promised. They were also very friendly, which was great. As far as the device, we like the wristband better than the necklace. With the necklace it's a bit trickier, we are afraid that the dog is going to jump on my mother's lap or something and press the button accidentally.

October 30th, 2017 Baxter, MN

I wanted to have something that would work in my apartment but that could also follow me wherever I went. If I went out on a walk alone and fell, I wanted to have something I could use then. So, I decided to go with them since they had the GPS feature that could track you anywhere. I haven't had to use it for anything other than testing, but I have it with me in case an accident happens. You never really know when you might fall after all. I do think it costs quite a bit, there is a similar system out there that's $29 a month.

Zorina Frederick
October 30th, 2017 Brooklyn, NY

The device is portable and I can carry it along with me, it was just what I was looking for. I was very impressed by how quickly they responded the phone when we were testing the device. It gives me a sense of comfort to know that I have something with me that I can use if something happens.

Suzy Seldin
October 30th, 2017 Clayton, MO DETAILS

I've only had it a couple of weeks, but I have been satisfied.

Michelle Flores
October 30th, 2017 Waipahu, HI DETAILS

They have been very prompt when answering my questions. Lately I've been having some issues with the mobile device, and they have been very quick in getting a new device for me.

Janell Lawhon
October 30th, 2017 Arlington, TX DETAILS

I like it because they call me immediately when I test it, though I haven't had to use it so far.

Katherine Winner
October 30th, 2017 Spokane, WA DETAILS

I haven't activated it yet, but they have been very helpful with all the questions I've had.

Beverly Butler
October 30th, 2017 Kansas City, MO DETAILS

My children bought it for me and I just wear it. I do think that my device is not right, it always wants to be charged. Maybe it's not charging the way it's supposed to or something, but when I come home from physical therapy, it always starts yapping that I need to charge it. Today I actually had to do that and it has been there in the charger for a while. The only time I've used it was by accident, when I bumped the neck piece against a cabinet. They called me and I had to let them know that it had been an accident.

Lou Taylor
October 30th, 2017 Williamstown, WV DETAILS

In all honesty we haven't had this for very long. We did our initial testing when we installed it, but we haven't even had it for long enough to do the second monthly test. I have talked to some people when I had questions and everybody was very nice, helpful, and courteous. When we first got it we did have a component missing, but I just called them and they rushed to get it to me within 2 days. The device itself is really nice, it's not big an ugly like you would expect a medical alert bracelet to be and my mom doesn't mind wearing it. Thank God we haven't had to use it, but the idea is that it's there for her safety and comfort.

Loretta Nichols
October 30th, 2017 Mannford, OK DETAILS

Since I'm home alone a lot and I needed a sense of security, I decided to get it. The people are very nice and informative, but you do have to be set on hold for a long time before you can talk to anybody. The wristband that I have is actually very cumbersome and not comfortable.