Medical Guardian

verified
Medical Guardian Logo

Medical Guardian

verified
Medical Guardian is currently offering a special promotion to BestCompany visitors. See details below.

Medical Guardian has been an authority in fall detection since they opened their doors in 2005. The in-home medical alert company offers medical alert systems for those who may need emergency services on the go as well as at home. The company also has CSAA certified monitoring centers that are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and work to keep your loved ones safe. Currently, Medical Guardian is considered one of the best medical alert companies in the medical alert device industry. Medical Guardian has low monthly monitoring rates ranging from $29.95 - $49.95, and the company does not charge any activation or equipment fees.* Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what consumers have to say about the medical alert company.

The Good

• Medical Guardian Cost
  • Systems
  • Automatic Fall Detection
  • No Long-Term Contracts
  • Lifetime Warranty
  • Customer Service
  • CSAA Five Diamond Certified 24/7 Monitoring
  • The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian members get alert equipment free of charge*, with no setup fees or long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a Lifetime Warranty and include access to their 24/7 monitoring centers in the event of an emergency. The Medical Guardian monitoring centers provide bilingual support available for those who cannot speak English. Medical Guardian also includes medical alert services to Canada.

Medical Guardian Cost

Depending on the package, Medical Guardian charges between $29.95 and $49.95 for round-the-clock monitoring and emergency dispatch services. In addition to low monthly monitoring fees, there are no activation or equipment fees associated with setting up the account.

New 2019 Medical Guardian Deals

As of January 1, 2019, Medical Guardian is offering a new batch of deals. The medical alert company wanted to offer its customers more diverse billing cycles and offers. Medical Guardian's top-notch service combined with these exciting new offers and new billing cycle continues to set Medical Guardian apart from the competition.

NEW MG Offer Details:

• Monthly - No Add-Ons
  • Quarterly - Free Ground Shipping
  • Semi-Annual - Free Ground Shipping & Free Lockbox
  • Annual - 1 Month Free, Free 2nd button, Free Lockbox, Free Ground Shipping

Special Offers

If you sign up now, Medical Guardian is offering free activation, free equipment*, and free shipping at checkout. This means you don't have to pay any upfront fees for your medical alert system.

Systems

Every Medical Guardian medical alert system is identical in that they have a base station, a wearable emergency button, and provide two-way communication. Each system also has a backup battery that has a battery life of at least 24 hours. However, systems like the Mobile Guardian device operate on a cellular network that allows you to take the alert button and miniature base station anywhere. Systems like the basic Classic Guardian operate on a landline connection and have an alert button that can be worn as a wristband or pendant. When the emergency button is activated, you're immediately put in contact with a representative at Medical Guardian's certified monitoring center.

Automatic Fall Detection

Every Medical Guardian alert system offers fall detection except for the Mobile Guardian system. Fall detection pendants are equipped with a sensor that is triggered any time a fall occurs, which then immediately sends a signal to Medical Guardian's monitoring center informing them of the emergency.

No Long-Term Contracts

Members may cancel their Medical Guardian services at any point without charge. As opposed to companies such as Life Alert, you won't be locked into any long-term contracts with the expectation of buying out. This allows customers to try out Medical Guardian to see if it is the right medical alert provider for them.

Lifetime Warranty

Medical Guardian offers a lifetime warranty on all its products. If for some reason the equipment is damaged or malfunctions, Medical Guardian will replace it free of charge. Having free equipment and a lifetime warranty on all products ensures money for equipment never has to come out of the customer's pocket.

CSAA Five Diamond Certified 24/7 Monitoring

100% of Medical Guardian's central station monitoring center operators are certified and committed to CSAA's five points of excellence. This can provide peace of mind to medical alert owners knowing they can rely on Medical Guardian's services. Service monitoring is 24/7, and Medical Guardian even has equipment that detects an emergency and requires no action from the individual in order to receive help. Every system offers two-way communication.

Medical Guardian has customer service representatives waiting to assist you whether you have questions about ordering equipment or if you are experiencing difficulty operating the system. Members have the ability to order online or by calling in, and there is an online support team prepared to answer any questions.

The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian has a new high-tech medical alert device that is a smartwatch for seniors called The Freedom Guardian. This new medical alert watch is designed to be sleek and convenient to wear every day. The Freedom Guardian doesn't need a base unit to connect to, and you can wear it with you anywhere you go. Caregivers or family members can download the Companion mobile app to communicate with Freedom Guardian wearers at any time as well as track their current location.

The Freedom Guardian has various features to aid your health and safety as well as additional perks. Here are a few of the Freedom Guardian features to be aware of:

• Emergency Alerts: Use the smartwatch to call for help at any time and anywhere.
  • Reminders: Set the smartwatch to give you calendar alerts and reminders about taking your medicine, drinking water, and visiting the doctor.
  • Activity Tracking: Track steps and monitor your activity to make sure you are staying active regularly.
  • Messaging and Audible Features: Stay in touch with your loved ones through text-to-speech messaging.
  • Weather Monitoring: Retrieve the daily weather forecast.
  • Touchscreen: The watch is a touch screen and was built to be simple to use for seniors. It also has oversized icons to improve ease of use.
  • Battery: The Freedom Guardian battery life lasts up to two days and can be fully charged in 1.5 hours.
  • GPS Tracking: The smartwatch is GPS enabled. This way, you always know where the wearer's location is and you will be able to find the watch if you ever misplace it.

Disclaimer:

*Free equipment offer does not include the Freedom Guardian system.

The Bad

No Combo Package

While Medical Guardian does offer some of the best equipment and services in the industry, there are still some aspects of their service that require additional attention prior to purchasing. Medical Guardian does not offer an emergency device combo package at this time. This means that consumers will not be able to group multiple items together to receive a discounted rate.

The Bottom Line

Medical Guardian has proven to be an industry-leading medical alert service with its monitoring services, emergency support, quality products, and affordable service. The company's In-Home, GPS, and Automatic Fall-Detection features can be added on an individual basis to help keep your loved ones safe.

The company offers some of the best technology on the market at an affordable rate, along with a quick response time to emergency responders. Medical Guardian's CSAA Five Diamond certification also shows its standing and commitment to excellent customer service. Medical Guardian has clearly established itself as the best company in the medical alert system industry. Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say about Medical Guardian's services and emergency response units.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Guardian below.

Marilyn
August 14th, 2014 Delray Beach, FL

I signed up today for my daughter and myself. Salesman, Ed, was very helpful.

tricia
August 14th, 2014 Katy, TX

spoke to Shannon and orderers mobile unit for my mother in law. shannon was very helpful and professional and that is why we choose your company because of Shannoin!

Weyland Burns
August 14th, 2014 Phoenix, AZ

Tracy answered every question and even those we didn't know to ask. He completely covered every aspect of the system and our needs. He did it in a manner of providing information and not a high pressure sale. I purchased this service for my mother and as I told her you don't know you need it until you do need it then it is to late. I reviewed a number of other vendors and this had the best bang for the buck.

Mark
August 14th, 2014 Columbus, NE

Chris was very helpful and knowledge able to help me sign up

Kevin
August 13th, 2014 Lakeville, MN

Customer service agent, Tim, was absolutely fantastic. He listened to my needs and helped me build a package that suits my needs and is affordable. Customer service gets an A+ from me.

David Chojnowski
August 13th, 2014 Port Saint Lucie, FL

We felt Avant Jones answered every question we had and put my fears about my mother to rest.There was no hard sell, only understanding. Service was great. Our expectations were exceeded. Pricing is very reasonable. Thank you for giving us all piece of mind!

Stacie
August 13th, 2014 MD

I recently purchased the unit for my 75 year old father after 3 falls in one week. The customer service representative was awesome. Also when we called in to check the system we had an excellent experience again. All in all very pleased. This is such a relief. They give me peace of mind while Dad remains independent. It's a win win situation for me.

Barbara Celello
August 13th, 2014 North Hills, CA

The "Guardian" was easy to install, directions simple to follow. It takes limited space. I placed the wrist button on my husband, for whom the emergency system was purchased. He has been a paraplegic for 50 years with MS (and other...). I was told two pendants would be included, however, only one was in the kit. Otherwise, all is in order and ready to use whenever necessary.

Billy Steele
August 12th, 2014 Signal Mountain, TN

very strategic,little pushy,but I am so glad as I can not worry so hectically about my dear mother,so it sorta gives me a break to take care of stuff to get the ball rolling on other priorities,not more important but parallel in the transition to assisted care & can focus on the right choices to mak her happy & extend her life till I die.

Robert Shapiro
August 12th, 2014 Bridgewater, NJ

Customer Service unresponsive to request for second base unit needed because speaker can't be heard when upstairs and person wearing medalion is downstairs. This is a critical limiation resulting in false alarms to first resonders. We offered tp pay for a second base unit but customer service never answered our request.

cheryl
August 12th, 2014 Drexel Hill, PA

Happy with service

Connie Higgins-Miller
August 12th, 2014 Homestead, FL

Excellent info from Benjamin Fish the service rep. Very informative ... No hidden agendas with this company. Loved the transparency. Ordered 2 Fall Detection Systems- one for my dad and the other for my mother-in-law.

[email protected]
August 12th, 2014 Colorado Springs, CO

excelllent service; great follow up.

Ivy Brown
August 11th, 2014 Memphis, TN

I set this system up for my 90 year-old mother. We both have peace of mind knowing this is a reliable resource. Recently, my Mom was relaxing on a lounge chair on her porch with the house door closed. She must have adjusted her position which accidentally set off the fall detector. Mom did not hear the monitor inside the house calling to her. Neither did she hear the Call Center calling the house phone and my cell phone was left in my car while I was out doing errands. No one was available to relay that Mom was safe at home so the local EMT's in her town were dispached to her home. You can imagine my Mom's surprise to find three EMTs hovering over her on her porch when she was perfectly fine. Now Mom knows how reliable the system is and also to take her cordless phone with her when she is out of earshot of the monitior. Also, Mom tapes the monitor to her PJ's at night to prevent false alarms if she changes positions in her sleep.

Denise Fitzgerald
August 11th, 2014

Michelle was very pleasant and extremely helpful with explanation of services and sign up

Haroldene Dickerson
August 11th, 2014 Portland, OR

Have not received monitor yet but contact wsalesman Ed was very good.

Mary E. Wolter
August 11th, 2014 Elmwood Park, IL

I have only had Medical Guardian for a month and had to recently push my alert button. Help was fast and friendly and I was able to get to the hospital quickly. They even called my daughter to let her know what was going on.

Ruthann Yuhas
August 11th, 2014 Chino, CA

All my questions were answered clearly and fully. I appreciate the service this site provides.

Carolyn Clark
August 11th, 2014 Jacksonville, AR

The representative I spoke with was very knowledgeable of the equipment and how the system worked. When I received it and was setting it up, the lady I spoke with was very nice and explained everything I needed to do. She also explained I needed to check it monthly & instructed me how to test it. Everyone has been very helpful.

Linda Reger
August 11th, 2014 Walla Walla, WA

The salesman I spoke to was not truthful in his explanation of what guardian had to offer. He told me that I could go anywhere and that guardian could hear me but he didn't say I had to call guardian prior to going more than 350 ft. I presently have Medical Alert which has a 600 ft range and he knew I was looking for some thing with a longer range. He talked me into getting it yo try it out. When it arrived and I read all the info I found it to be quite different than what was explained to me. I was recovering from an operation, so it was a week or so before I called guardian to tell them I did not want the machine and why. They said they would have to prorate the time I had the machine. I had not activated he machine yet. They told me I really didn't have to. I asked them why they send a sheet of paper with HUGE LETTERS SAYING CALL THIS NUMBER TO ACTIVATE? She didn't really have a good answer but said you really don't have to activate it. I have since sent this to the Better Business Bureau. Their response was they had tried to get ahold of me several times but I hadn't called back. This is not true! I'm still laid up from my operation so am home 99% of the time. I also have caller ID and an answering machine. They called me once after being contacted by the BBB. I called them back and had to leave a message and have not heard back. MY CARETAKER MAILED THE MACHINE BACK TO GUARDIAN SEVERAL WEEKS AGO.

lisa
August 11th, 2014 Calabasas, CA

I am pretty happy, but the problem is that I really wanted the fall sensor and my Mom is hardly using it, it is so sensitive that we are forever having false alarms, which scare everyone. Then there was a problem at you end about the billing and I was getting automated calls every single day, it took 2 weeks of calls to you to get it sloved. Lisa

Deborah Dean
August 11th, 2014 Prophetstown, IL

The representative was very nice and explained everything. The system was easy to get set-up and seems to be working fine. It is giving myself and my family a sense of piece knowing that should something happen again that I'm not truly alone.

Michael Tankink
August 11th, 2014 Devine, TX

Robin provided great service and am glad I use their service.

Cindy
August 11th, 2014 Orange, CA

I spoke with Tracy for almost an hour. He was so friendly and professional. He explained all the details so clearly and completely. I just signed my mother up and I am very impressed. I just love Tracy!!!

Pat
August 11th, 2014 Homewood, IL

The company did a great job beginning with the online experience all the way through the set-up and system check.

James Strickland
August 11th, 2014 Gig Harbor, WA

So far, so good. It was easy to set up and Jim wears the bracelet all the time. He fell outside the post office the other day and 2 people had to get him up off the ground. Do you have anything that would help him away from home? He wants to be independent but is 84 years and not in good health plus falls a lot.

Thomas McManus
August 11th, 2014 Gastonia, NC

Outstanding service from the first inquiry to set up. Chris DiLullo was very curteous, prompt and professional. He was able not only to answer my questions, but explained where I could understand your services. I received my system very quickly with the instructions being very clear and easy to follow. I made two calls to your technical assistance and they had me squared away within minutes. From the time I opened the box to having the system set up, tested with the pendant around my neck was approximately 30 minutes. My family now has peace of mind. Great experience and would recommend to others.

Alice Owen
August 11th, 2014 Newnan, GA

The agent was professional and courteous. Our conversation was pleasant and informative. I feel confident that my questions were answered completely. I look forward to a long working relationship with Guardian.

Deborah Pridgen
August 11th, 2014 Richmond, VA

So far I have been very pleased with this company. I have been with them only a week.

Annie Callahan
August 11th, 2014 Alexandria, VA

Cancelled the services within 24 hour of purchase because thee health care will cover my mother with monitoring services. The equipment had not been sent. Two days later, I received a welcome letter. I called and cancelled the service again, I was told I would have to wait until Monday because sales office was closed. I called on Monday to find out they had already shipped the equipment. I was provided a return shipping label. I have shipped the equipment back. It has been over three weeks and I have yet to receive my refund ( I called and they said the equipment has not been returned to inventory and it would take 7 to 10 business days to process my refund upon the equipment being returned to stock).

Harry Smith
August 8th, 2014 OK

The representative was knowledgeable and gently but persistently interested in our business, by far the most responsive of all the contacts we solicited. The process played out as he said it would, and the setup was simple and brief.

Bernadette Erxleben
August 8th, 2014 Vista, CA

We got this system for our 90 year-old Mother. It seems to be working fine excet for a few false alarms. Not sure whether it's the system (ultra-sensitive?) or something our Mother is doing. Time will tell. Overall, very pleased with system and response center.

Geri Bozarth
August 8th, 2014 Dana Point, CA

My experience with Medical Guardian was wonderful from my first call to completely setting up and testing the equipment. I would definitely recommend the to anyone who needs the service.

Vicki Helton
August 8th, 2014 Wichita, KS

The representative was very helpful and answered all our questions. Got it for our mother. Setup went well. She got pendant and wrist bracelet. She only wears her wrist bracelet because she is hesitant about wearing pendant for fear it will go off if she bends down to tie shoe etc. The wrist bracelet is working very well so far. Paid for 2 day service and it took 5 days but they said they would credit it back. So far am satisfied with service.

Grace Stewart
August 8th, 2014 Eugene, OR

The "Panic" button on pendant is TOO sensitive. I am almost 94, still carry clean laundry the short distance from dryer to my bedroom to sort. The first day I wore the pendant i held clean bedding lightly against my chest-- off went the alarm and I had to rush to the speaker to explain. Now only wear it when I go out to get my mail- just at foot of my driveway AND when I carry recycle things two steps down to my garage or go to food storage cupboards there.... . In case i fall do not want to lie on concrete for hours nor the aggregate driveway. ' For this I am paying over $400 per year? An absurd price! Can't wear it in bed for same reason. I was told by your Rep. Harry, in New York, that I would be sent a bracelet alarm; Instead received two pendants. A protective shield over button to be used as a choice would be helpful. Have not fallen YET, Perhaps today? For the above reasons I could not recommend your device to elderly friends and contemporaries.' Cynical- Grace Stewart

wsa
August 8th, 2014 Gurnee, IL

Set up was easy. Assistance via phone stayed until all questions were answered. Alarm was ested and answered promptly. When alarm was set off accidentally, we were able to stop the 911 call to the house.

walt
August 8th, 2014 Macungie, PA

I was pleasantly surprised when I rec'd it. the only fault I could find is that it would be great if it were totally water proof so one could wear it in the shower were one might just have a mishap. so far I haven't had to use it but am pleased with it.

Carolyn Flint
August 8th, 2014 Seattle, WA

I liked the fact that I could call and get a human anytime. I did not like the fact that I had to make 3 requests to get an invoice copy emailed to me. I like the fact that the fall detection works. I did not like the fact that I cannot find a way to access my account on the website, and it would be very nice if I could do so.

sharpell
August 8th, 2014 Rumford, ME

just recently ordered this service. TIme to put in place is a little lengthy given priority mail (2 day service) should be readily available. The person i spoke with was great.. very informative and helpful in making assessment of needs. When they put into place the "drop alert" (add on) it will bring a much needed broadening of the service to many. I believe I chose the right company for my needs after considerable research.

MARILYN
August 8th, 2014 Delhi, NY

ONE SECOND ST SO FAR SO GOOD. I DID WEAR THE FALL ONE TO BED AND IT WENT OFF. I HEARD IT CALL TO ME AND IT TOLD ME HOW TO CANCEL THE ALERT, WHICH I DID. NOW I WEAR THE OTHER ONE TO BED AND WEAR THE FALL ONE DURING THE DAY. I WISH I HAD A BASE I COULD PLUG INTO THE BEDROOM AREA AS I DOUBT ANYONE COULD HEAR MY SPEAKING IF I HAD TO PUSH THE BUTTON FROM WHERE THE BASE IS NOW. WOULD HATE TO HAVE EMTS COME IF I DIDN'T REALLY NEED THEM. I HAD A DIFFERENT SYSTEM ONCE AND IT HAD A SMALLER BASE WITH THE MICROPHONE IN IT THAT I COULD PUT IN ANOTHER AREA. I DID LIKE THAT.