Medical Guardian

verified
Medical Guardian Logo

Medical Guardian

verified
Medical Guardian is currently offering a special promotion to BestCompany visitors. See details below.

Medical Guardian has been an authority in fall detection since they opened their doors in 2005. The in-home medical alert company offers medical alert systems for those who may need emergency services on the go as well as at home. The company also has CSAA certified monitoring centers that are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and work to keep your loved ones safe. Currently, Medical Guardian is considered one of the best medical alert companies in the medical alert device industry. Medical Guardian has low monthly monitoring rates ranging from $29.95 - $49.95, and the company does not charge any activation or equipment fees**. Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what consumers have to say about the medical alert company.

**Free equipment offer does not include the Freedom Guardian system.

The Good

• Medical Guardian Cost
  • Systems
  • Automatic Fall Detection
  • No Long-Term Contracts
  • Lifetime Warranty
  • Customer Service
  • CSAA Five Diamond Certified 24/7 Monitoring
  • The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian members get alert equipment free of charge**, with no setup fees or long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a Lifetime Warranty and include access to their 24/7 monitoring centers in the event of an emergency. The Medical Guardian monitoring centers provide bilingual support available for those who cannot speak English. Medical Guardian also includes medical alert services to Canada.

Medical Guardian Cost

Depending on the package, Medical Guardian charges between $29.95 and $49.95 for round-the-clock monitoring and emergency dispatch services. In addition to low monthly monitoring fees, there are no activation or equipment fees associated with setting up the account. Medical Guardian offers lower monitoring fees with more extensive features and equipment compared to its competitors, making the company one of the most quality and affordable medical alert options in the industry.

New 2019 Medical Guardian Deals

As of January 1, 2019, Medical Guardian is offering a new batch of deals. The medical alert company wanted to offer its customers more diverse billing cycles and offers. Medical Guardian's top-notch service combined with these exciting new offers and new billing cycle continues to set Medical Guardian apart from the competition.

NEW MG Offer Details:

• Monthly - No Add-Ons
  • Quarterly - Free Ground Shipping
  • Semi-Annual - Free Ground Shipping & Free Lockbox
  • Annual - 1 Month Free, Free 2nd button, Free Lockbox, Free Ground Shipping

Special Offers

If you sign up now, Medical Guardian is offering free activation, free equipment**, and free shipping at checkout. This means you don't have to pay any upfront fees for your medical alert system.

Systems

Every Medical Guardian medical alert system is identical in that they have a base station, a wearable emergency button, and provide two-way communication. Each system also has a backup battery that has a battery life of at least 24 hours. However, systems like the Mobile Guardian device operate on a cellular network that allows you to take the alert button and miniature base station anywhere. Systems like the basic Classic Guardian operate on a landline connection and have an alert button that can be worn as a wristband or pendant. When the emergency button is activated, you're immediately put in contact with a representative at Medical Guardian's certified monitoring center.

Automatic Fall Detection

Every Medical Guardian alert system offers fall detection except for the Mobile Guardian system. Fall detection pendants are equipped with a sensor that is triggered any time a fall occurs, which then immediately sends a signal to Medical Guardian's monitoring center informing them of the emergency.

No Long-Term Contracts

Members may cancel their Medical Guardian services at any point without charge. As opposed to companies such as Life Alert, you won't be locked into any long-term contracts with the expectation of buying out. This allows customers to try out Medical Guardian to see if it is the right medical alert provider for them.

Lifetime Warranty

Medical Guardian offers a lifetime warranty on all its products. If for some reason the equipment is damaged or malfunctions, Medical Guardian will replace it free of charge. Having free equipment and a lifetime warranty on all products ensures money for equipment never has to come out of the customer's pocket.

CSAA Five Diamond Certified 24/7 Monitoring

100% of Medical Guardian's central station monitoring center operators are certified and committed to CSAA's five points of excellence. This can provide peace of mind to medical alert owners knowing they can rely on Medical Guardian's services. Service monitoring is 24/7, and Medical Guardian even has equipment that detects an emergency and requires no action from the individual in order to receive help. Every system offers two-way communication.

Medical Guardian has customer service representatives waiting to assist you whether you have questions about ordering equipment or if you are experiencing difficulty operating the system. Members have the ability to order online or by calling in, and there is an online support team prepared to answer any questions.

The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian has a new high-tech medical alert device that is a smartwatch for seniors called The Freedom Guardian. This new medical alert watch is designed to be sleek and convenient to wear every day. The Freedom Guardian doesn't need a base unit to connect to, and you can wear it with you anywhere you go. Caregivers or family members can download the Companion mobile app to communicate with Freedom Guardian wearers at any time as well as track their current location.

The Freedom Guardian has various features to aid your health and safety as well as additional perks. Here are a few of the Freedom Guardian features to be aware of:

• Emergency Alerts: Use the smartwatch to call for help at any time and anywhere.
  • Reminders: Set the smartwatch to give you calendar alerts and reminders about taking your medicine, drinking water, and visiting the doctor.
  • Activity Tracking: Track steps and monitor your activity to make sure you are staying active regularly.
  • Messaging and Audible Features: Stay in touch with your loved ones through text-to-speech messaging.
  • Weather Monitoring: Retrieve the daily weather forecast.
  • Touchscreen: The watch is a touch screen and was built to be simple to use for seniors. It also has oversized icons to improve ease of use.
  • Battery: The Freedom Guardian battery life lasts up to two days and can be fully charged in 1.5 hours.
  • GPS Tracking: The smartwatch is GPS enabled. This way, you always know where the wearer's location is and you will be able to find the watch if you ever misplace it.

Disclaimer:

**Free equipment offer does not include the Freedom Guardian system.

The Bad

No Combo Package

While Medical Guardian does offer some of the best equipment and services in the industry, there are still some aspects of their service that require additional attention prior to purchasing. Medical Guardian does not offer an emergency device combo package at this time. This means that consumers will not be able to group multiple items together to receive a discounted rate.

The Bottom Line

Medical Guardian has proven to be an industry-leading medical alert service with its monitoring services, emergency support, quality products, and affordable service. The company's In-Home, GPS, and Automatic Fall-Detection features can be added on an individual basis to help keep your loved ones safe.

The company offers some of the best technology on the market at an affordable rate, along with a quick response time to emergency responders. Medical Guardian's CSAA Five Diamond certification also shows its standing and commitment to excellent customer service. Medical Guardian has clearly established itself as the best company in the medical alert system industry. Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say about Medical Guardian's services and emergency response units.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Guardian below.

Barbara Baird
October 27th, 2016 Alpharetta, GA

I bought the wireless one, the necklace that she could wear out of the house. Overall, satisfied with service.

Ellen Zoll
October 27th, 2016 Camp Hill, PA

I purchased the GPS one. Very satisfied so far.

Sharon Steinsland
October 27th, 2016 Galveston, TX

It's been good so far they were very helpful. I think that there are some limitations and there is only one speaker system and she might not be able to use the alert in the house. One thing that I think might be good is if they actually talk with their device on or have like the ability to talk into their device as suppose to having a speaker in the house, so have it like on her wrist. Is there a feature where they can talk into their wrist bracelet or necklace?

Linda Norton
October 27th, 2016 Farmington, NM

I ordered the pendant and the watch that goes around your neck like a GPS because my husband passed away and I live alone. I think it's fine, I am just going to cancel the GPS when it comes. I don't want it yet. Everything's been fine the only complaint I have is that it takes a long time to answer when you push the button, but everything is fine.

Bella Neuwirth
October 27th, 2016 Phoenix, AZ

It was good. I actually looked online and compared all of them and I can tell you if I push the button somebody answers. I was satisfied, everything was fine.

Marjorie Chandler
October 27th, 2016 West Chester, PA

I've been very happy with it. I got it for my mom after she fell, she has the pendant and the GPS. Everything was very good and easy. We do have one problem though

Carole Kent
October 27th, 2016 Minneapolis, MN

We just ended it because it's been six months after my mother's surgery. They made it very easy, and they were very accommodating and the sales rep did a great job, it was all good.

Phyllis Servidio
October 27th, 2016 Rockaway, NJ

I purchased the basic service because my mother is getting old. The setup was straightforward. We haven't had to use it yet, but so far I would give it a 9/10.

Phyllis Weaver
October 27th, 2016 Benton, AR

My husband found Medical Guardian purchased the service for me because I broke both of my wrists. He said that the representatives were very nice to work with. We got the necklace that you just touch it if you fall or whatever. It has been absolutely great to have.

Harriet Hartl
October 27th, 2016 Del Mar, CA

Everything has been good so far. We haven't had any problems at all. I would give it a 9 out of 10.

Lawrence Moellenberg
October 27th, 2016 Dallas, TX

I have the little box when you fall and can't get up. I've been very happy with it so far. The only time I have had to use it was to test it. I hope I don't have to use it in an emergency.

Lillian Lake
October 27th, 2016 Dallas, TX

I found Medical Guarding through internet research and think the service was pretty good. I don't even remember what the service was, but I know it was easy to start using and set up.

Doris Disbrow
October 27th, 2016 Port St Lucie, FL

I found Medical Guardian on the internet and signed up because my mother was alone, and she is eighty eight years old. The experience with sales reps and in general has been very good.

Novilla Bryan
October 27th, 2016 Dalhart, TX

I am not very satisfied with the service. I paid for a whole year, and I don't know when it stops. Using it wasn't all that difficult. When I leave home I sometimes forget to put the device on the charger so it dies. Sometimes I forget to take it with me altogether. I give it a 4.

Levada Hines
October 27th, 2016 Duncan, OK

Saw Medical Guardian in one of the magazines. It's been good, simple and easy to use.

Betty Robinson
October 27th, 2016 Duncan, OK

I actually thought I was ordering from Medical Alert and I got this instead. It must have been our odd. Simple to use. Always call real quick.

Angela Ochotorena
October 27th, 2016 Middletown, NJ

My daughter had another company and I did not like it. I am home alone and am 67 years old so that is why, for my own safety my daughter had it before but she died. It is very easy to use, plugged it in and that is it. I guess I am just very happy with the service, the customer service, the sales and I am very happy.

Susan Eaton
October 27th, 2016 Newport Beach, CA

I searched different companies before I bought. Device gives me coverage outside the house. I fell a few times so my son said I needed this. Satisfied so far.

Cynthia Dickens
October 27th, 2016 Palermo, ME

I looked online and called a couple before I ordered from Medical Guardian. I got the plan with the bracelet and the necklace and everything is good so far. Very good experience with representatives.

Juanita Mingst
October 27th, 2016 Belton, TX

I heard about medical guardian on a website and I liked that I could wear it as a necklace and like an arm band. I am extremely excited about it. I didn't have a sales representative because we purchased the thing outside of talking with a sponsor. I'm pleased with it and it's been working fine.

Deborah Dean
October 27th, 2016 Houston, TX

I found Medical Guardian as I was doing research on the internet. I have the GPS device that I can carry with me anywhere. I purchased it for myself since I am 69 years old and a diabetic. I fall a lot and break things. I love it! Its great! I was in a medical emergency and everything worked exactly how it was supposed to. It called my daughter and gave her all the information she needed to be able to help me.

George and Jean Scott
October 27th, 2016 Hillsborough Township, NJ

I've been attending sessions in the hospital and that was the first time I started to hear about Medical Guardian. We got it as a protection for my wife. It has been very good and I was impressed with the fact that you can be anywhere with it. I commonly just put it on my belt and off we go.

Carol Saylor
October 27th, 2016 Abington, PA

I first discovered Medical Guardian online. My mother is blind so I was trying to find something for her. I ordered everything we needed online. We have been very satisfied so far.

Elizabelth McNamara
October 27th, 2016 Roswell, GA

I purchased Medical Guardian for my mother. I purchased the one that is connected to the phone line. She has had medical problems and we wanted a way to help her when we are not there. The service is simple and has been great. The only problem we ran into was during the setup when we never received the confirmation call to confirm it was all set up.

Carol Jeffreys
October 27th, 2016 San Antonio, TX

I first heard about Medical Guardian on the internet. My experience with Medical Guardian's sales representatives so far has been good. My experience with the equipment has been good as well.

Bonnie Bell
October 27th, 2016 Walsenburg, CO

Doing a search on the internet helped me first come across Medical Guardian. I can't remember which service I signed up for but it is for my mom. It's the device that goes on the head and there is a little blue one on the house. So far, the service has been good and the product has been very easy to use.

Marilyn Meyer
October 27th, 2016 Ottawa, OH

I learned about Medical Guardian online. My mother was getting older and she still drove, so I wanted her to have some protection when nobody is with her so I decided to sign her up for the mobile service. I am been satisfied with the experience thus far and the sales rep that helped us was good. The service is easy to use but I think when Medical Guardian is set up for an elderly person, they should let us know that you can actually put in somewhere and say where there is a hidden key and how to get into the house if someone can't come to the door. My mother had a stroke and one of the responders came to the house but couldn't get in because her door was locked. We didn't know we were allowed to tell them.

Thelma Price
October 27th, 2016 Red Oak, TX

I first heard about Medical Guardian on the internet. I am home a lot alone and I'm 82 years old and I use a walker to get around, so just thought I better get some you know since there. My overall experience with a Medical Guardian sale's rep is fine. I think it's nice sometimes that they ask if there's anybody in the house, any help you know besides myself so, but other than that I'm satisfied.

Deborah West
October 27th, 2016 Wichita, KS

I bought the service band because I was falling and I live by myself. So far the service has been alright. I would use it again. I would probably order it again when I can afford it.

Arline Nequette
October 27th, 2016 Walsenburg, CO

We were looking for my mother because she has been falling and found Medical Guardian online. The service we got for her was the call button. My experience with with Medical Guardian's sales rep was good.

Elizabeth Morris
October 27th, 2016 Austin, TX

My son and daughter were looking on the computer and thought that this would be best for me. I'm 97 years old going on 98 next month and they decided that I shouldn't live by myself without some kind of warning. I was very much against it but I got it. So far, I wear it but haven't had to use it yet. We haven't had any problems with it so far.

Shirley Andrews
October 27th, 2016 Mountainburg, AR

I fell quite a bit, and my children thought I needed something so they bought this for me. I wear it on my neck. It's like a necklace. It has a little round thing at the bottom and I have another little battery with it. I decided to purchase it because I fell quite a bit and I am alone quite a bit. I live with my daughter but she travels for a living so she's gone monday through friday. I haven't had to use it, thank heavens, but it's still good to have it. I know the equipment is very good because when I first started putting this on I forgot it was there. Then I maybe push the thing against the sink or something and they called me right away. It was great.

Mary Effinger
October 27th, 2016 Rome, GA

My brother and I purchased it for my mother's house. I hate to say it but she is not wearing the necklace or the bracelet at this time. She keeps it close by but she does not like wearing it. I do not know why, she just does not do wear it. My mother is very proud and I guess she is just fiercely independent. We decided to get the service because my mother is 88 years old and lives by herself, so we felt it was a good thing for someone to be able to help her when needed. She lives across the street from me, and I go over and visit with her throughout the day and check on her but she is alone during the night. I am thankful we have not needed to use it but it is nice to have the assurance and knowing it is there.

JoAnn Wood
October 27th, 2016 Florence, AL

I had life alert and I did not like it. I had to change for some reason. I just looked up on the internet and found Medical Guardian and called them. I liked the service. The system is for my mom. She is an elderly lady so we needed the thing for her to wear it around her neck. My mom had a broken leg and she is recovering from that so we needed something in case she falls again. I 100% satisfied. The setup was very easy and understandable. I do not have any problems with it.

Harry Rush
October 27th, 2016 Henrico, VA

I purchased the alert button because I was concerned about falling. The service has been very good and the setup was easy.

Ann Piechowiak
October 27th, 2016 Northfield, OH

I purchased one of those alert band wrists for my mom because she is going to be 90 years old. Everything has been fantastic. There have been no problems. The salesman were really good and they knew what they were talking about. Nothing but polite. The equipment was very easy to handle and very easy to set up. With one call it was set up within minutes. What I like about medical guardian is once in awhile they would call to make sure your monitor is working. I really appreciate that because I am very busy. It is really helpful.

Jo
October 27th, 2016 Zwolle, LA

Josephine has the neckless with the monitor and she likes it because she can take it anywhere she wants to go. We like the way you can hook it up yourself and get everything started. She decided to get it because we was up in age and wanted to stay home by herself. She and I felt safer knowing she had something she can contact me with if she needed help. So far we have been really satisfied with the service.

Mandy
October 27th, 2016 Richardson, TX

My husband did some research and decided to go with medical guardian for us. Everything has been great. I wear the wristband every day. I am the one using it and luckily I have not had to use it yet.

Jacob Kuntz
October 27th, 2016 Derwood, MD

I decided to go with the assistant home service from this company. Overall the experience has been alright and the equipment has been okay.

Anthony Marande
October 27th, 2016 Hull, MA

I first heard about it on television. I then did some research on the internet. I ended up getting the one around my neck with the communicator and the rotator. My loved one decided I need this service because I am retired live in the wilderness of Michigan so she insisted I get one. Currently I am 90% satisfied with the system. Everything has been extremely simple. The only frustrating thing is when I am in my shop I do not get a signal.

Madeline Fecteau
October 27th, 2016 Kennebunkport, ME

I decided to get medical guardian for my mom after seeing a tv ad, I think. We purchased the one for around the neck and the watch. We decided to get it for my mother because nobody lives with her. So far the experience has been excellent.

William Maher
October 27th, 2016 Pompano Beach, FL

With Medical Guardian we did not have to deal with much sales. We needed the product and went right to the source. It was easy. The equipment was easy to put together too. I can't think of any complaints right now. The thing has been doing what we wanted it to do.

Fran and Carlie
October 27th, 2016 Rockwell, AR

I first heard about the company through a magazine, I believe. So far the experience has been fine. There have been no problems. The setup was very easy and straightforward. Currently I do not have any feedback for the company.

Betty
October 27th, 2016 Hertford, NC

I decided to go with Medical Guardian because I was looking online for a type of service and I saw Medical Guardian and the price is reasonable. I just got the home service basic one. In the future, when my financial situation hopefully improves I want to get the one where for a fall it automatically sends the message. I decided to get the system because a couple of times I was home alone but fortunately I did not lose consciousness. I was able to get help and get up but I decided I needed some type of service. Fortunately I haven't hand to use the Medical system so far, so I am very happy that I have not had to use it. Every time I speak with the company they have been very professional and they did not take a lot of my time. I do not like somebody to call you and it goes on and on, so I like this company very much. They get to the point and answer my questions. My only complaint is I wish they had a better band on the wrist thing. But, that of course would make it cost more so I understand. But like I said, I am really happy with it.

Virginia
October 27th, 2016 Kaysville, UT

I did some research on the internet and I looked at the analysis of who were the best ones and Medical Guardian is at the top 3 and their overall rating is the best one. We purchased plan where you punch the button and you call an ambulance. My wife needs it because she is not in very good health. So far the system has worked, we have used it twice. The installation was really easy because you just push a couple buttons and they do the hook up automatically for you. I give Medical Guardian 10 stars right now because it has worked the time we needed it.

James Plowman
October 27th, 2016 Vass, North Carolina

I first heard about Medical Guardian through the internet, I think. So far Medical Guardian's systems and salesman have been good. And the overall experience has been good so far.

Faye/Billy Hensley
October 21st, 2016 Lansing, MI

I was looking for my grandparents and so I just looked on some reviews and I decided on Medical Guardian. We've only had to use it one time but they showed up to take care of my grandpa and it was very nice.

John Bean
October 7th, 2016 Redlands, CA

Good service for the price. Easy to use and it goes anywhere.

Martha Hammett
October 7th, 2016 Willimantic, CT

Device arrived very quickly. Set up was so easy. I was guided by a very knowledgable representative. I feel much more comfortable when I have to leave my husband at home alone.

Ann Truax
October 7th, 2016 Cape Coral, FL

By accident my unit was turned on and the medics were here before I even knew it had been started. We knew the service was what they said and I was so pleased. They are working to be sure I have the right unit also. I have a metal roof which was causing a problem but now that is solved. I am completely satisfied with this company.