Contact A Company$100 Satisfaction Guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

Medical Guardian Logo

Medical Guardian

verified
$100 Guarantee
Medical Guardian is currently offering a special promotion to BestCompany visitors. See details below.

Medical Guardian has been an authority in fall detection since they opened their doors in 2005. The in-home medical alert company offers medical alert systems for those who may need emergency services on the go as well as at home. The company also has CSAA certified monitoring centers that are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and work to keep your loved ones safe. Currently, Medical Guardian is considered one of the best medical alert companies in the medical alert device industry.

The Good

• Price
  • New 2019 Medical Guardian Deals
  • Systems
  • Fall Detection
  • Contract
  • Warranty
  • Monitoring
  • Customer Service
  • Special Offers
  • Risk Assessment
  • CSAA Five Diamond Certified
  • The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian members get alert equipment free of charge*, with no setup fees or long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a Lifetime Warranty and include access to their 24/7 monitoring centers in the event of an emergency. The Medical Guardian monitoring centers provide bilingual support available for those who cannot speak English. Medical Guardian also includes medical alert services to Canada.

Price

Depending on the package, Medical Guardian charges anywhere from $29.95-$49.95 for round-the-clock monitoring and emergency dispatch services. In addition to low monthly monitoring fees, there are no activation fees associated with setting up the account.

New 2019 Medical Guardian Deals

As of January 1, 2019, Medical Guardian is offering a new batch of deals. The medical alert company wanted to offer its customers more diverse billing cycles and offers. Medical Guardian's top-notch service combined with these exciting new offers and new billing cycle continues to set Medical Guardian apart from the competition.

NEW MG Offer Details:

• Monthly - No Add-Ons
  • Quarterly - Free Ground Shipping
  • Semi-Annual - Free Ground Shipping & Free Lockbox
  • Annual - 1 Month Free, Free 2nd button, Free Lockbox, Free Ground Shipping

Systems

Every Medical Guardian medical alert system is identical in that they have a base station, an emergency button, and provide two-way communication. Each system also has a backup battery that has a battery life of at least 24 hours. However, systems like the Mobile Guardian device operate on a cellular network that allows you to take the alert button and miniature base station anywhere. Systems like the basic Classic Guardian operate on a landline connection and have an alert button that can be worn as a wristband or pendant. When the emergency button is activated, you're immediately put in contact with a representative at Medical Guardian's certified monitoring center.

Automatic Fall Detection

Every Medical Guardian alert system offers fall detection except for the Mobile Guardian system.

Contract

Members may cancel their Medical Guardian services at any point without charge. As opposed to companies such as Life Alert, you won't be locked into any long-term contracts with the expectation of buying out.

Warranty

Medical Guardian offers a lifetime warranty. If for some reason the equipment is damaged, Medical Guardian will replace it.

Monitoring

Medical Guardian has a 24/7 monitoring service and even has equipment that detects an emergency and requires no action from the individual in order to receive help. Every system offers two-way communication standard.

Medical Guardian has customer service representatives waiting to assist you whether you have questions about ordering equipment or if you are experiencing difficulty operating the system. Members have the ability to order online or by calling in, and there is an online support team prepared to answer any questions.

Special Offers

If you sign up now, Medical Guardian is offering free activation, free equipment*, and free shipping at checkout.

Risk Assessment

Interactive features help customers better identify their risk of experiencing a fall or medical emergency.

CSAA Five Diamond Certified

This means that Medical Guardian has 100% of their central station operators certified and are committed to CSAA's five points of excellence.

The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian has a new high-tech medical alert device that is a smartwatch for seniors called The Freedom Guardian. This new medical alert watch is designed to be sleek and convenient to wear every day. It has various features to aid your health and safety as well as additional perks. Here are a few of the Freedom Guardian features to be aware of:

• Emergency Alerts: Use the smartwatch to call for help at any time and anywhere.
  • Reminders: Set the smartwatch to give you reminders about taking your medicine, drinking water, and visiting the doctor.
  • Activity Tracking: Track steps and monitor your activity to make sure you are staying active regularly.
  • Messaging and Audible Features: Stay in touch with your loved ones through text-to-speech messaging.
  • Weather Monitoring: Retrieve the daily weather forecast.
  • Touchscreen: The watch is a touch screen and was built to be simple to use for seniors. It also has oversized icons to improve ease of use.
  • Battery: The Freedom Guardian battery life lasts up to two days and can be fully charged in 1.5 hours.
  • GPS Tracking: The smartwatch is GPS enabled. This way, you always know where the wearer's location is and you will be able to find the watch if you ever misplace it.

Disclaimer:

*Free equipment offer does not include the Freedom Guardian system.

The Bad

No Combo Package

While Medical Guardian does offer some of the best equipment and services in the industry, there are still some aspects of their service that require additional attention prior to purchasing. Medical Guardian does not offer an emergency device combo package at this time. This means that consumers will not be able to group multiple items together to receive a discounted rate.

The Bottom Line

Medical Guardian has proven to be an industry-leading medical alert service with its monitoring services, emergency support, quality products, and affordable service. The company's In-Home, GPS, and Automatic Fall-Detection features can be added on an individual basis to help keep your loved ones safe. The company offers some of the best technology on the market at an affordable rate, along with a quick response time to emergency responders. The company's CSAA Five Diamond certification also shows their standing and commitment to excellent customer service. Medical Guardian has clearly established itself as the best company in the medical alert system industry. Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say about Medical Guardian's services and emergency response units.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Guardian below.

William Silsby
January 17th, 2019 DETAILS

Excellent Service and telephone customer and sales services

Karen Davis
January 17th, 2019 DETAILS

I wanted GPS capable help me I've fallen button. My system came with GPS and with us a necklace and a wristband. A lock box also came with it, however, that cannot be opened with the combination that came with it. The unit was sent to me by priority mail. I called the company and their representative helped me set it up and test it. He was very knowledgeable and very helpful. We also set up an automatic deduction from my checking account to pay for the service. I prefer this to having to pay a credit card each month. The equipment was free, that means I did not have to pay out right for the equipment. It is also warranty against damage and defect. So far, I have not needed to use the system. However, I have tested it and the response is reasonably quick. For the present time, I will stay with medical guardian.

Kim
January 17th, 2019 DETAILS

Easy to use. Friendly staff when I check device.

Elbert Powell
January 17th, 2019 DETAILS

Responded fast....the staff was professional and polite.

Margaret Parsons
January 17th, 2019 DETAILS

Easy to install and use. I feel safer with the system on for quick use.

Patricia Zaferes
January 17th, 2019 DETAILS

Very good to work with. Quality of product.

Diane Purdy
January 17th, 2019 DETAILS

They stand by their products and are extremely easy to work with

Mindy Hunt
January 17th, 2019 DETAILS

Great customer service provided . Have not had to use the device yet but am happy with equipment and set up

PennyH
January 17th, 2019 DETAILS

They have a quick response time and are always very pleasant.

Richard Mathes
January 17th, 2019 DETAILS

Affordable , friendly, great value for the money

Susan Fuhrmann
January 17th, 2019 DETAILS

the people they got us set up for my parents were all very nice on the phone not pushy on the sales pitch and it is a peach of mind for my brother and I.

Marcia Crowe
January 17th, 2019 DETAILS

I had to use this and I was surprised at how quickly the paramedics arrived.

Sue Saltvick
January 17th, 2019 DETAILS

I got the Medical Guardian for my sister and, fortunately, she has not had to use it. So all I can do is rate the process of getting it, and that was excellent. The man I worked with was very courteous and helpful.

Lori Mortier
January 17th, 2019 DETAILS

Great experiences with customer service and responses to need

Nancy Damberg
January 17th, 2019 DETAILS

They have been very helpful with setting up our medical alert system

Donald Mathison
January 17th, 2019 DETAILS

They are difficult to reach by phone, will NOT stop their sales pitch when I call (and my call has NOTHING to do with sales.

Lonna Kahn
January 17th, 2019 DETAILS

bracelet is very annoying; haven't had to use it yet so hard to rate anything

Linda J. Greth
January 17th, 2019 DETAILS

It is convenient and easy to use. I always feel safe leaving my husband home alone because of the Medical Guardian.

Wilma Jean Barker
January 17th, 2019 DETAILS

It seems that even the slightest jar causes the "fall detected" alert to be activated. I appreciate the quickness of the response but hate the feeling that I am taking up valuable time. This most often happens when I am taking off the device to put it in the charger.

Tracy Dickson
January 16th, 2019 Manito, IL DETAILS

Buyer beware, I purchased this product and asked ever question I could think of! My father was dying and I had times he had to be left alone, I wanted something we could depend on. When I bought the system and received it I found out quickly thT the cellular company they used wouldn’t work, after consulting with them they agreed to send a new unit thatplugged into the land line, to be fare they gave me an additional month of service because the one the sent was useless! After receiving the new unit and activating it, I asked what the procedure was if my father died prior to the 3 months I purchased! I was told to call when my father died and they would send a refund on the remaining time that service was not used. One month after activation my father died I cancelled the service and received a check for $13.00, I called and inquired, I was told the refund was based on when they received the equipment and not at the end of the service. I’m contacting the Attorney General Office, this is a scam, and not right the service endedwhen I cancelled, not when I returned the equipment! When I required asking what would have happened if I hadn’t returned the system they didn’t have an answer!

Medical Guardian Logo

Reply from Medical Guardian

Jan 16, 2019

Tracy, thank you for your review. First of all, we wanted to offer up our condolences for the recent loss of your father. We are currently looking into your concerns surrounding how the cancellation of your father's account was handled. We will be in touch shortly. Have a great day.

Gerri
January 15th, 2019 DETAILS

They have answered every question I have ever asked them. It is a good quality product.

January 15th, 2019 DETAILS

I got Medical Guardian because it was the only company that offered options other than just dialing 911. They have been very responsive anytime that I have called. It is easy to use.

January 15th, 2019 DETAILS

When I accidentally pushed the button they called me immediately to see if I needed help. I was impressed. The only thing I don't like is that you have to charge it every night.

Dolores
January 15th, 2019 DETAILS

I love how it is easy to use and easy to understand.

Morton
January 15th, 2019 Fort Lauderdale, FL DETAILS

I wear the necklace all the time. They answer my questions and are reliable. They seem to be very responsible.

Cheryl
January 15th, 2019 DETAILS

They are very thorough and wait for you to answer them. It is easy to use. It only works when I am at home so I wish that there was something I could take outside with me.

January 15th, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

They check up on you if you need a battery change or anything. It is a very convenient product. It will get you help faster than dialing 911.

Pat
January 15th, 2019 Westfield, WI DETAILS

It was easy to set up. I am a new user and I haven't had any problems with it.

Ivy
January 15th, 2019 Baltimore, MD DETAILS

They are really supportive. It is a great device and it really works. It makes me feel a little more comfortable and safe. I enjoy the feeling that someone will always be there to help me.

Gloria
January 15th, 2019 Louisville, KY DETAILS

They respond quickly. The necklace makes it a lot easier to receive help in an emergency.

Joyce
January 15th, 2019 Marietta, OH DETAILS

It is easy to use and very comfortable. The people on the phone are always there when I need them.

January 15th, 2019 DETAILS

I wear my Medical Guardian wherever I go. I like the light that comes on to let me know that it is on.

Orlagh T
January 15th, 2019 Buffalo, NY DETAILS

When I tested it, they called right away to make sure it was an emergency and not an accidental press of the button. It is very handy. I like the bracelet.

Mary D
January 15th, 2019 Hamilton, OH DETAILS

I had a back injury and decided I needed Medical Guardian. The first unit they sent me didn't work so they sent me another one right away and set it up for me. I like how you can wear it in the shower.'

Dorie
January 15th, 2019 Kimberly, WI DETAILS

I received instant help when I called Medical Guardian.

Blanche
January 15th, 2019 West Chester, OH DETAILS

Whenever I call Medical Guardian their response is always very satisfactory.

Sandy
January 15th, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

They are very responsive when we call. We had problems with the initial setup and they helped us figure everything out.

January 15th, 2019 Washington, DC DETAILS

The people I have talked to were very positive. They explained everything to me. It was in my best interest to get it because I live alone.

David
January 15th, 2019 Devine, TX DETAILS

They will answer the phone no matter the time of day. They call me right away whenever I accidentally press the button. I am very happy with it and I am glad I have it.

Charles
January 15th, 2019 Lafayette, IN DETAILS

I can use it anytime in the house, but you can't use it very far away from the main source.'