Medical Guardian verified Companies can verify their Best Company profile through contacting us. Once a company profile has been claimed and verified by Best Company, we work with the company to ensure the information on our site is as accurate as possible.

9.1

Call Now

Medical Guardian Promo

Medical Guardian has kept people safe since they opened their doors in 2005. They offer medical alert services for those who may need emergency services while at home or on the go. They have CSAA certified monitoring centers that are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and work to keep your loved ones safe.

The Good

• Price
  • Contract
  • Warranty
  • Monitoring
  • Customer Service
  • Special Offers
  • Risk Assessment
  • CSAA Five Diamond Certified

Medical Guardian members get equipment free of charge, with no setup fees or long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a Lifetime Warranty and include access to their 24/7 monitoring centers in the event of an emergency. The Medical Guardian monitoring centers provide bilingual support available for those who cannot speak English. Medical Guardian also includes medical alert services to Canada.

• Price: Depending on the package, Medical Guardian charges anywhere from $29.95-$49.95 for round-the-clock monitoring and emergency dispatch services. In addition to low monthly monitoring fees, there is no activation fee associated with setting up the account.
  • Contract: Members may cancel their Medical Guardian services at any point without charge.
  • Warranty: Medical Guardian offers a lifetime warranty. If for some reason the equipment is damaged, Medical Guardian will replace it.
  • Monitoring: Medical Guardian monitors 24/7 and even has equipment that detects an emergency and requires no action from the individual in order to receive help.
  • Customer Service: Medical Guardian has customer service representatives waiting to assist you whether you have questions about ordering equipment or if you are experiencing difficulty operating the system. Members have the ability to order online or by calling in, and there is an online support team prepared to answer any questions.
  • Special Offers: If you sign up now, Medical Guardian is offering free activation, free equipment, and free shipping at checkout.
  • Risk Assessment: Interactive features help customers better identify their risk of experiencing a fall or medical emergency.
  • CSAA Five Diamond Certified: This means that Medical Guardian has 100% of their central station operators certified and are committed to CSAA's five points of excellence.
  • Money-Back Guarantee: As of January 2018, Medical Guardian offers a 30-day money back guarantee if you're not satisfied with the product.

The Bad

• Initial Service Agreement
  • No Combo Package

While Medical Guardian does offer some of the best equipment and services in the industry, there are still some aspects of their service that require additional attention prior to purchasing.

• Initial Service Agreement: While there is no contract with Medical Guardian, there is a minimum three-month (90-day) service agreement. Medical Guardian asks that consumers try their service for at least three months before canceling. Consumers may decide they do not want to wait three months to cancel; however, Medical Guardian will keep the 90-day minimum charge and consumers will then receive money back for any remaining portion of the service charges they did not use. This is not ideal for those who want to test Medical Guardian for one month, but cancellation is still possible.
  • No Combo Package: Medical Guardian does not offer a combo package at this time. This means that consumers will not be able to group multiple items together to receive a discounted rate.

The Bottom Line

Medical Guardian has proven to be an industry leader with their emergency support, quality products, and affordable service. Their In-Home, GPS and Automatic Fall-Detection features can be added on an individual basis to help keep your loved ones safe. They offer some of the best technology on the market at an affordable rate. Their recent CSAA Five Diamond certification also shows their standing and commitment to excellent customer service. We would highly recommend them, as they have clearly established themselves as the best company in the medical alert system industry.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Guardian below.

Patrick E Pepper

January 18th, 2018 Humble, TX DETAILS

Due to the recent adverse weather on the East Coast, Midwest and South Central US my Pendant order was (understandably) delayed in arriving due to the weather conditions. I contacted Customer Service to inquire about the status of the delivery and spoke with a Customer Service Representative name Harry concerning it. Harry was very understanding of my concern(s) and immediately contacted the delivery carrier for an update. In addition to that, Harry informed his Supervisor of the delay and between the two of them they arranged with the carrier to expedite the delivery and, as a precaution, sent me a second device in the event of further delays. Upon gather all the information from the carrier, Harry called me back (within 10 minutes) and described, in detailed, the status of the order and informed me that I would be receiving my Pendant within the next two days. In addition to returning my call that evening, Harry followed up with another call to me the next day providing me with more information. The reason for the delay in receiving my order was neither the fault of Medical Guardian, or the carrier. I just happened to place my order at the time Mother Nature unleashed a massive weather system that affected the entire East Coast, the Midwest and the South Central states. I can honestly say that I cannot remember, ever, receiving the type of Customer Service / Support that I received from Medical Guardian and Harry. Not only was Harry extremely professional and caring, he treated me as though I was family and went the extra mile to help me. Kudos to Harry and his Supervisor for excellence in Customer Care.

Cheryl Peterman

January 15th, 2018 Prescott, AZ DETAILS

Great customer service over the phone. She was more interested in meeting my needs as opposed to selling me product.

Kathy Dalgren

January 15th, 2018 Pearson, WI DETAILS

I don't like the fact that I have to recharge it for 4-6 hrs every day

Social - Medical Guardian Nov. 6, 2017

Kathy, thank you for the review. We have a new device, the Active Guardian that features significantly improved multiday battery life compared to your Mobile Guardian. Please feel free to reach back out, either by responding directly to this message or by calling in to speak with a member of our Customer Care team at 1-800-313-1191, to learn more. The Customer Care team is available Monday-Friday, 9AM-9PM EST and Saturday-Sunday, 9AM-5PM EST.

Mae Lake

January 15th, 2018 DETAILS

They helped us through the process of setting service up, they were very patient and knowledgeable

civil

January 15th, 2018 Henderson, NC DETAILS

I am happy with customer service. I am a new customer so I need to see how a call into them is handled before I can give them an excellent review.

J Bishop

January 15th, 2018 Henderson, KY DETAILS

Very responsive - extremely courteous and friendly employees

CAE

January 15th, 2018 Indianapolis, IN DETAILS

It took almost an hour to activate ---- Sometimes it disconnects from the wi-fi and is not active for a period of time.

Social - Medical Guardian Nov. 6, 2017

Cae, thank you for reaching out. We would like to look into your technical issues to see if we can help resolve the issues you are experiencing. Would you mind helping us locate your account? So we can better research your particular situation, would you be willing to help us locate your account? If you wouldn't mind sharing some information via the email address [email protected], this could help us locate your account. Any information you share in your won't be posted to bestcompany.com. If you could provide your account number (on the Service Agreement we sent with your unit), or full name and any other identifying information (i.e. address or phone number), we can look into your case more thoroughly. Thanks again for reaching out and we hope you have a lovely day!

sanders

January 15th, 2018 Windber, PA DETAILS

Friendly people working for them both when you call to order and also when you test your machine once you receive it.

Ethel

January 15th, 2018 Alpena, MI DETAILS

Christine very infomative on phone explaining the system

eased my soul

January 15th, 2018 Colorado Springs, CO DETAILS

with one phone call, they answered all questions and gave options. Very easy to understand with no hidden costs

Janice

January 15th, 2018 Moreno Valley, CA DETAILS

Person who followed up was personable and willing to answer my questions.

Holly

January 15th, 2018 Temecula, CA DETAILS

Great sales representative, easy installation

Beth Parkhurst

January 12th, 2018 Moline, IL DETAILS

I got this device for my mom in December. It was easy to order with great customer service. The device arrived in time when i was told it would. We only used it one time but we were contacted and it worked seamlessly. Unfortunately my mom passed away before we even had the device for one month. I was mad because i had to make the call, just mad because my mom was gone and I had to deal with this. The guy who took my call actually caught me off guard when i told him the reason for canceling. He was so sympathetic. I really felt like he actually cared and was sad for me, even though he doesn’t know me or my mom. Believe me, i have not always gotten that reaction dealing with other business of hers. Whats more is I got a full refund because I had paid for 3 months and had it less than 30 days. I sent the device back, fully assuming I would have to make a follow up call to get my refund. However I see on my credit card statement this morning that I have already been refunded. First rate company. A+ on quality, service and compassion. Thank you so much I will highly recommend to anyone who will listen!

Neringa

January 12th, 2018 Jacksonville, FL DETAILS

Medical Guardian is the company of crooks. My husband was additionally charged 648 USD, in addition to the invoice of 508 USD they emailed. And despite the fact that he contacted the Medical Guardian and asked them to return the money, in fact they proceeded and took the money from his bank account. He had to apply to other institutions to get his money charged for nothing back. Thus be careful with very patient guys who talk nicely with you on the telephone and then steal your money in the middle of the day. UNBELIEVABLE! And this company is rating No. 1! What an idiotism!

Social - Medical Guardian Nov. 6, 2017

Neringa, thank you for reaching out. We apologize for the confusion surrounding the billing for your husband's account. This was an error on our part. We are actively working to resolve your issue and will be in touch about getting this fixed for you both.

AnnaStyron

January 7th, 2018

I have used the service for a month. Only needed to use the alert to conduct tests weekly. The response time has decreased to about 30 seconds. The agent is always very helpful when responding and reseting the system.

JacquelineHagerty

January 6th, 2018 DETAILS

At this point we have not had to use Medical Guardian. We hope we never do. The test we have made were very satisfactory. Hope to continue with the same success. Bob Baltz "caretaker"

GwennNitsberg

January 5th, 2018 DETAILS

Since I live alone it's comforting to know that should I need assistance, all I have to do is press one button and Medical Guardian will send help.

ShirleyDettloff

January 5th, 2018 DETAILS

Gives piece of mind when alone. Great-granddaughter is 4 accidentally pushed button. Paramedics there in less than 5 minutes. If there had been real emergency I know it works and help is on the way.

MarieSpoerner

January 4th, 2018

This is being filled out by her daughter, she seems satisfied with your product so far. The once a month test seemed daunting at first but I think she is now fine with it. The ease of setting this up and further customer service have been very nice and helpful. I think she feels comfortable now contacting you with any questions. Its still very new.

EthyleCanada

January 4th, 2018 DETAILS

Have had no issues with Medical Guard. I feel safe and secure with this product Equipment was delivered on time and am happy you have a warranty to protect damaged product.

VanitaMcNeese

January 4th, 2018 DETAILS

Reliable, friendly staff and very helpful. Simple equipment to work and operate.

JoannFreyeberg

January 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

I am responding for my mother. She had an episode last night and your company contacted me. My mom had passed out and couldn't get to the phone but pushed her alarm. Thank you for your qick response.

MerilynThompson

January 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

I only recently got the Medical Guardian, but so far I am happy with the sense of security it gives me when I am alone in my house. The staff was very helpful during the set up. I have not needed to use it, thank goodness, but I'm sure if and or when I do use it they will be right there for me.

BettieKelly

January 3rd, 2018

We have had a good experience with Medical Guardian. The ordering process was easy and arrived very quickly and in good condition. The set up was simple, and the customer service people were helpful and very knowledgeable. Would highly recommend!

NormaEllis

January 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

Called ambulance with just a press of the button before family knew there was a problem

HarrietAaronson

January 3rd, 2018

BAD EXPERIENCE BECAUSE I WANT TO PAY MONTHLY &THEY WANT TO CHARGE ME A FEE TO DO SO. I PAY ALL MY BILLS MONTHLY & NO ONE ELSE CHARGES A FEE. I THINK THE DEVISE IS TOO LARGE AND CUMBERSOME.

Social - Medical Guardian Nov. 6, 2017

Harriet, someone will be reaching out to discuss your device options and also to discuss your billing. Thank you for reaching out and have a lovely day.

KathyWallingford

January 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

I really like the feeling of security when I am alone. It is not heavy around neck. I did have to shorten the cord. ( I am short). I have had no issues with device.

WalterDoerr

January 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

I bought this for my Dad who is 101, and he wears it daily. His comments are "I thought I would be able to speak to the person on the medallion, and not have to be near the box". He also has accidently hit the alert button a few times, and we were quickly notified and were able to cancel help at that time. I am glad he's wearing it, but it does have it's limitations.

Ella Palmer

January 3rd, 2018 Mount Pleasant, TX DETAILS

Unfortunately, I helped my 87 year old mother get this nightmare of a support system. When conducting a monthly test on the system, the company did not respond to the signal. She was unable to get past recording loops to speak to someone at the company. Finally, we were able to contact customer service. Company personnel indicated she wasn’t properly operating the device. Her watch device later fell to pieces, though she had not bumped or dropped it. The device was replaced, and the second device failed to test properly. After difficulty getting through recording loops, the company said either the cellular reception was faulty or she wasn’t using the device properly. Shortly thereafter, the second watch fell apart. I called to cancel the service and requested a return label to return the device on October 30. Medical Guardian personnel called her and literally badgered her with reasons to continue the service to the point that she hung up on the man. My mother is an old fashioned Southern lady who has never hung up the phone on anyone else in her life! We waited almost a month and still did not receive the return label, while my mother was still being charged for the use of the broken device. On November 22, I called a second time to request a return mailing label. We received an emailed label on Nov. 24 and the mailed label on November 30. She was charged for the month that we waited for the return label to arrive. I would not recommend the use of this product, and we were very disappointed with customer service in that personnel made excuses for their faulty product, badgered an 87 year old woman who lives in constant pain, and their recording answering service frequently loops round and round to a dead end. We thought this service would give my mother and the family some peace of mind, but it turned out to be a major headache and an expensive hassle.

Social - Medical Guardian Nov. 6, 2017

Ella, thanks for reaching out. We're sorry your mother has had such a frustrating experience both with her unit and the cancellations process. We are looking into the situation for your mother and will be in touch shortly to discuss.

BettyEricson

January 1st, 2018

This is her daughter doing the survey. She hasn’t had to use it yet but she’s accidentally bumped it & they call immediately to make sure she is ok.

DonaldPack

December 28th, 2017 DETAILS

I have not had to use Medical Guadian for an Medical Call as yet . I have called to test the system a couple of times . The operator was very helpful and professional, and made sure it was not a help call.

December 28th, 2017 AUBURN, AL DETAILS

I never used it, it never really worked out. I actually returned it and I'm waiting to get my money back.

KATHLEENLAURIA

December 21st, 2017

The customer service person who took my order was very courteous and knowledgeable. Instructions easy to follow.

SusanHaught

December 20th, 2017

Product appears to be well made. I haven't had the need to use it to alert anyone. I dislike having to carry the GPS unit separately from the call button I'm wearing. I'm considering canceling service and use a GreatCall device.

ValentineKefeli

December 20th, 2017

I bought it for my parents. There was nothing wrong with it just did not work for them at this stage of their lives. I called to return it, got return label but still have no money credited back on my visa. The sales person was nice at first but when I needed to return and had questions about credit ignored my emails. It was disappointing, I have the name of this salesperson, he is from Philadelphia.

AliceBatten

December 20th, 2017

For an elderly person, this is just a great product. Amazing customer service. Had to press that button within the first month of getting it! This is her daughter Linda writing review. We are very pleased with this service. Thank God we purchased this when we did. Saved mom when she fell and couldn’t get up.

PatriciaMahorney

December 19th, 2017 DETAILS

so far so good. Tested bracelet today and received response in approx. 2 mins.

MaryOleksyn

December 19th, 2017 DETAILS

the representative was thorough and helped with setup which was much easier than I thought it would be

CharlesEtz

December 19th, 2017 DETAILS

I am a new customer of two or three months. So I do not have much experience with your medical alert device and the company, but so far so good. The only problem I have had is with some falsely representing your company and I reported that to the company. I do wonder how the skammer knew I was a customer of Medical Guardian!

SandraHendrix

December 19th, 2017 DETAILS

So far everything has been wonderful from initial sign up to setting up the unit (which I did myself) and testing all the equipment. Unlike my last medical alert company which required a long contract and also required a technician to hook up the equipment (which had to be hooked up to my modem) and then the testing which was always a nightmare! Medical Guardian came with additional items, a lockbox for my key, a waterproof shower unit to attach to the wall down by the floor in case of a fall and then the regular items. Whenever I tested with my previous alert company they never answered or responded so I would usually have to hang up. When a smoke detector they provided went off I had to call them to tell them it wasn't an emergency. They didn't even know it had given off an alarm. When my contract was up and I tried to cancel I got serious high pressure trying to make me stay and I was having to get very angry with the person. I just did a monthly test with Medical Guardian and I got an answer in a reasonable length of time. I AM VERY HAPPY AND I HIGHLY RECOMMEND MEDICAL GUARDIAN!