Medical Guardian verified Companies can verify their Best Company profile through contacting us. Once a company profile has been claimed and verified by Best Company, we work with the company to ensure the information on our site is as accurate as possible.

9.1

Call Now

Medical Guardian has kept people safe since they opened their doors in 2005. They offer medical alert services for those who may need emergency services while at home or on the go. They have CSAA certified monitoring centers that are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and work to keep your loved ones safe.

The Good

• Price
  • Contract
  • Warranty
  • Monitoring
  • Customer Service
  • Special Offers
  • Risk Assessment
  • CSAA Five Diamond Certified

Medical Guardian members get equipment free of charge, with no setup fees or long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a Lifetime Warranty and include access to their 24/7 monitoring centers in the event of an emergency. The Medical Guardian monitoring centers provide bilingual support available for those who cannot speak English. Medical Guardian also includes medical alert services to Canada.

• Price: Depending on the package, Medical Guardian charges anywhere from $29.95-$49.95 for round-the-clock monitoring and emergency dispatch services. In addition to low monthly monitoring fees, there is no activation fee associated with setting up the account.
  • Contract: Members may cancel their Medical Guardian services at any point without charge.
  • Warranty: Medical Guardian offers a lifetime warranty. If for some reason the equipment is damaged, Medical Guardian will replace it.
  • Monitoring: Medical Guardian monitors 24/7 and even has equipment that detects an emergency and requires no action from the individual in order to receive help.
  • Customer Service: Medical Guardian has customer service representatives waiting to assist you whether you have questions about ordering equipment or if you are experiencing difficulty operating the system. Members have the ability to order online or by calling in, and there is an online support team prepared to answer any questions.
  • Special Offers: If you sign up now, Medical Guardian is offering free activation, free equipment, and free shipping at checkout.
  • Risk Assessment: Interactive features help customers better identify their risk of experiencing a fall or medical emergency.
  • CSAA Five Diamond Certified: This means that Medical Guardian has 100% of their central station operators certified and are committed to CSAA's five points of excellence.

The Bad

• Initial Service Agreement
  • No Combo Package

While Medical Guardian does offer some of the best equipment and services in the industry, there are still some aspects of their service that require additional attention prior to purchasing.

• Initial Service Agreement: While there is no contract with Medical Guardian, there is a minimum three-month (90-day) service agreement. Medical Guardian asks that consumers try their service for at least three months before canceling. Consumers may decide they do not want to wait three months to cancel; however, Medical Guardian will keep the 90-day minimum charge and consumers will then receive money back for any remaining portion of the service charges they did not use. This is not ideal for those who want to test Medical Guardian for one month, but cancellation is still possible.
  • No Combo Package: Medical Guardian does not offer a combo package at this time. This means that consumers will not be able to group multiple items together to receive a discounted rate.

The Bottom Line

Medical Guardian has proven to be an industry leader with their emergency support, quality products, and affordable service. Their In-Home, GPS and Automatic Fall-Detection features can be added on an individual basis to help keep your loved ones safe. They offer some of the best technology on the market at an affordable rate. Their recent CSAA Five Diamond certification also shows their standing and commitment to excellent customer service. We would highly recommend them as the best company in the industry for a medical alert system.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Guardian below.

November 21st, 2017 Independence, MO DETAILS

Had a problem with the speaker box. It wasn't working and a replacement was sent out quickly

November 21st, 2017 Flower Mound, TX DETAILS

they have given rapid response on two fall indicators

November 21st, 2017 Warrenton, MO DETAILS

There was a delay or miscommunication on delivery. All else very good.

November 21st, 2017 Goodyear, AZ DETAILS

Knowledgeable and great customer service.

November 21st, 2017 Aurora, OH DETAILS

On initial test, unit did not function properly and sales seems too pushy and "conning" in the payment options and did not memtion the 90 requirement until the last minute.

November 21st, 2017 Ponchatoula, LA DETAILS

We looked into differenet alert systems and felt yours was the best. So far so good.

November 21st, 2017 Taylors, SC DETAILS

The plan is perfect for me! cost and coverage

November 21st, 2017 Columbus, OH DETAILS

defective products delivered, poor audio quality

November 21st, 2017 Plover, WI DETAILS

Prompt delivery, helpful assistants and ease of use.

November 20th, 2017 Millbrook, NY DETAILS

Easy to use, comfortable, friendly staff

November 11th, 2017 Chardon, OH DETAILS

I have had Medical Guardian for several years, and it has literally been a life saver for me! I trust it 100%! And it's not too expensive.

November 8th, 2017 DETAILS

Sending alert back as of yesterday. We not. Use it. Thanks for taking the time sending Jack Kinder

November 8th, 2017 DETAILS

Sign-up was simple and straightforward. The salesman guided us to the best solution and it was not the most expensive one. Installation was easy and customer service was a great help.

November 7th, 2017 DETAILS

Very prompt in sending out messages to individuals on list.

November 7th, 2017 DETAILS

I feel safer with my wrist band on knowing if I fall I can get help right away. The people I talked to were very nice and helpful. Will tell my friends about it

November 7th, 2017 DETAILS

I ordered medical guardian and it was delivered within one day. The set up process was easy peesy and not difficult or time consuming.

November 6th, 2017 Ottawa, KS DETAILS

We could not use this product to our satifaction. They will not refund our money

November 6th, 2017 Woodstock, GA DETAILS

Slow response time, not enough area covered to hear or return comment.

November 6th, 2017 Orlando, FL DETAILS

It only helps you if you are in your house, I actually want to cancel this service and get LifeAlert..

November 6th, 2017 San Jose, CA DETAILS

Ease of use. Quality product. Good customer service

November 6th, 2017 Indianapolis, IN DETAILS

They have been very prompt when I pushed the button not intending to. (This is her son (Dan Gentry) doing the survey with her on the phone. She no longer has internet!!)

November 6th, 2017 DETAILS

Information given and product delivered without a problem. Set up was easily accomplished. Product is light to wear on a belt or waistband, etc.

November 5th, 2017 DETAILS

Was not told that if I had to hit the button, medical would not know my exact location just nearest AT&T tower. When I called the operator said something about buy a model up. I would not recommend . Researching other companies . Thinking of cancealing.

November 3rd, 2017 Twin Mountain, NH DETAILS

Medical Guardian has a great sales/marketing team but the design of the system is NOT great: specifically the wrist button-> It is huge, heavy, and awkward. The 99 year old user will not wear a necklace/pendant/trigger and the MG wristband size is ridiculous! Also bear in mind with Medical Guardian: You own/pay for 3 months of it whether it works for you right out of the box (or like in our case) hangs off the frail ladys wrist like a boat anchor.

November 2nd, 2017 DETAILS

I like the comfort feeling of help being there if i need it. The ease of use, & the choice of necklace or wrist.

November 2nd, 2017 DETAILS

Very pleasant staff. Equipment great. Delivery good. Hope I may never have an emergency, but it is good to have your service if I need it. Would recommend to others.

November 2nd, 2017 DETAILS

Completely useless! The only time I have needed to use the service to call an ambulance, there was very long delay and, instead of an ambulance , the police were called, for a diabetic episode! This was uncalled for and an intolerable. I will dial 911, myself, instead. Totally unprofessional and definitely went against my wishes.

November 2nd, 2017 DETAILS

We have had little time with it but find having it in case we need it is a good feeling.

November 1st, 2017 DETAILS

My mom has only used the Medical Guardian for about three weeks. So far we are pleased, but there has not been a reason to use the service and I hope we never have to. Everything came as advertised.

November 1st, 2017 DETAILS

I ordered this product online for my elderly parents, the rep I spoke with was very kind and knowledgeable. The product was promptly sent, the setup was a breeze as the rep described. I would highly recommend this product.

November 1st, 2017 DETAILS

I have been happy with the unit. It's light weight and comfortable to wear. Customer Service Representatives have been more than helpful. Would recommend to family and friends.

November 1st, 2017 DETAILS

The premium device did not work in my rural area and sent back. They told me the mobile device would work in my area. I ordered it with the same results. I have sent it back. I gave them the reason I was sending it back and received a strong pitch to try a third device with less features. I had to say no many times. From this I had excellent service and at the end poor service which leaves a mixed review.

November 1st, 2017 DETAILS

I was very pleased with the customer service person that helped me set up the system. It as very easy to set up. All questions were answered.

November 1st, 2017 DETAILS

It works well for us as my wife needs to know what is going on at home with me when she is at work.

October 31st, 2017 DETAILS

Gives peace of mind for me and my family knowing we have a layer of safety when an elderly parent want to live alone.

October 31st, 2017 DETAILS

Only thing you can do better as when you push the black button. It starts to beep super loud so I can only test at about 10am in the morning when all persons above me go to work. Their should be a volume button on it. Sometimes I wait 12 loud beeps before anybody comes on.

October 31st, 2017 DETAILS

They saved my moms life several times and were prompt and courteous.

October 30th, 2017 Ocala, FL DETAILS

We got it for my mother about a week ago. We haven't had an occasion to use it, but it worked perfectly when we tested it. The customer service gentleman I talked to was very informative and knowledgeable.

October 30th, 2017 Monroeville, PA DETAILS

They have answered all the questions I have. The only thing is that there are some features that are not covered in their device.

October 30th, 2017 Texas City, TX DETAILS

I got it for my mom who has dementia. I've helped her test it so she can get familiar with it and the customer service people have explained everything to us. They're real good. The only thing that I don't like about it is that she has to hold the button down for a certain amount of time for it to start the alarm. I know that otherwise she could bump it accidentally and they'd be calling me all the time, but I don't think that's terribly bad. For a person with dementia, those kinds of instructions might not work.