- Customer service
- Safe, user-friendly equipment
- Mobile ability
Medical Care Alert members automatically receive a host of benefits upon signing up for a monthly subscription of around one dollar per day—which in reality amounts to a total cost of $27.45 per month (in their annual subscription package, that is). Depending on the subscription, Medical Care Alert charges between $27.45 to $36.62 per month. There is no equipment fee, no activation fee, no installment fee (see the next section for more on that one), along with the following:
- Contract: Medical Care Alert offers members a choice of three subscription service plans: annual, semiannual and quarterly. There is no contract. If at any point members would like to cancel their services, they can do so without charge. And if you cancel within the first 30 days, you get a full refund (More on this in the next section).
- Warranty: Medical Care Alert devices are backed by a lifetime warranty. Just call them with any issues and they will either offer you a refund or replace your device at no cost.
- Monitoring: Medical Care Alert Centers are all based in the United States, monitoring you 24/7/365. The company also offers free spouse monitoring.
- Customer Service: Medical Care Alert’s EMT-certified Life Safety agents are ready and available to assist members 24 hours a day, seven days a week and 365 days a year—including holidays. Whether you have questions about ordering equipment or if you are experiencing difficulty operating the system, their Emergency Response System is there to help by phone or email.
- Safe, User-friendly equipment: Medical Care Alert’s push button wristwatch and necklace devices are aesthetically designed for comfort and attractiveness. Regarding functionality, it’s designed for easy and simple use by just pressing a button—instantly connecting seniors with the company’s Emergency Response System. The Button is waterproof up to 3 meters deep and is easily pushed with arthritic hands. Acadian’s call buttons are offered in three styles – pendant, wrist, or clip-on. The pendant has a break-away clasp to prevent choking while you are sleeping.
- Mobile Ability: Medical Care Alert’s new product Home & Away Elite allows customers to travel anywhere with nationwide coverage through AT&T. It can be equipped with automatic fall detection and is highly water resistant.
The system is also easy to install yourself. The Home Medical Care Alert Base Station is so sophisticated that Safety Agents can communicate with you throughout your home without yelling. It has a very sensitive microphone. Likewise, it allows you to hear the Agent/Representative from most, if not all, parts of your home.
Likewise, Medical Care Alert’s mobile product Home & Away Elite gives consumers the greater mobility to fit people with more active lifestyles.
- Short back-up battery life
- Additional equipment costs
- Warranty limitations
Although Medical Care Alert offers a quality product and service, there are still a few things to be taken into consideration before signing up:
- Short Back-up Battery Life: While other competitors have a backup battery life of 2-3 months, Medical Care Alert devices have only a up to 72 hour backup battery. The initial battery life is 3 years, so around that time members should make sure to get a new battery sent to them as soon as possible to avoid any tragic situations where your back-up battery dies when you need it most.
- Additional equipment costs: Equipment is advertised as 100% free, but that is not the case once you proceed further into the signup process. On their subscription page, you’ll quickly learn that on the back end you will have to pay additional fees for ‘extra’ items if you feel you need them. Such items are: Lockbox at a one-time fee of $29.95, Home Medical Care Alert System Speaker Extension at $10/month, and additional Medical Care Alert Buttons at $29.95 each.
- Warranty Limitations: Medical Care Alert expects customers wanting to return the system to do a live trial run of the system to test it. This includes hooking the system up and testing it with their Emergency Response Center. In the case that you decide to return the system and equipment without testing it to see if it works, you will be charged a $50 fee.
Medical Care Alert System Overview
The benefits of the Medical Care Alert Systems are:
- No set-up/activation fee
- No Long Term Commitments or Contracts
- Reliable 24/7/365 LIVE Monitoring and Support
- Lifetime Warranty
- Free Lockbox (for a limited time) Otherwise $29.95/month
- Free Spouse Monitoring
- Free first month of service/30 Day Money back guarantee
- Easy to install system
- One push Help Button
- Waterproof to wear in bath/shower
- Free equipment
- 3 Year Battery Life-never needs charging
- Free Shipping
Frequently Asked Questions
My mother is hard of hearing, will she be able to hear them speak to her?
We recommend the HOME & YARD or HOME & AWAY GPS systems for folks who are hard of hearing because the two-way voice pendant lets them speak and listen at a comfortable level. The whole-house speaker on our traditional HOME is very loud and for most people will be loud enough within a 30-60 foot range from the base unit.
Who does Medical Care Alert call in an emergency?
Medical Care Alert will call the most appropriate people on your contact list, depending on the situation. Often times, the senior wants them to contact a neighbor or their son/daughter when they just need some assistance. Medical Care Alert will only contact an EMS in the event of a true emergency, or if they receive an alarm and are unable to establish a two-way voice dialog with the senior.
If I pay for the year in advance, what happens if I return the system before the year is up?
Any pre-paid balances are refunded once the client cancels their service and returns their equipment. Most clients choose the Annual plan to get a free month of service, free shipping and a free lockbox.
Home System (Landline Required)
- GSM cellular option can be added for $5 a month
- Base station can be mounted on wall or placed on tabletop
- Uses regular landline, VoIP or DSL phone connection
- Two-voice communication
- Free spouse monitoring
- Sensitive speakers for quality audio
- Simplistic design for ease of use
- Includes durable, waterproof pendant
- Pendant can be submerged in up to 3 meters of water
- 1000 ft range from base station
- Pendant can be worn 3 different ways
- Features break-away clasp to prevent choking
- 3 year battery life
- 72 hr backup battery
Home & Yard System
- Requires regular landline, VoIP or DSL phone connection
- Includes home base unit and voice pendant
- Two-way voice communication
- Can add up to 4 pendants to the system
- Rechargeable pendant battery
- Water resistant, compact and durable
- Pendant can receive incoming calls
- Wear the pendant in 3 different ways
- Free spouse monitoring
- 600 ft range from base station
- Automatic maintenance check-in every 13 hrs
Home & Away Elite System (Mobile)
- Runs on AT&T voice and data network
- Features GPS tracking technology
- Reliable AT&T network coverage
- Free spouse monitoring
- System features mobile device and personal alarm pendant
- Direct voice contact with emergency response operators
- 600 ft signal range from the 2-Way GPS communicator
- Includes drop-in cradle charger and leather carrying pouch
- Mobile unit device weighs less than 4 ounces
- Choose between wrist button or neck pendant
- Completely water resistant and can be taken anywhere
Additional System Options
- Fall Alert for $10 a month
- Extra Medical Care Alert Button for $29.95
- Emergency Access Lockbox for $29.95
- Emergency Wall Communicator for $5 a month
Pricing options vary depending on the system and payment plan that you choose. The Home System can be purchased at $89.85 for 3 months, $179.70 for 6 months or $329.40 for 12 months. The Home & Yard System runs between $104.85 to $384.43 depending on the payment plan. The Home & Away System costs between $119.85 and $439.45 depending on how many months you pay for upfront. This comes out to about $29.95 to $36.62 per month to maintain service, which is a reasonable price as compared to the industry average. If you sign up for the annual payment plan then you will receive the first month free.
There is no one month at a time payment, but you cancel at any time and get a refund on months you won’t be receiving service.
Medical Care Alert takes responsibility for all equipment and service repairs. System equipment is protected by a 100% lifetime replacement warranty which means Medical Care Alert will fix or replace any system component at no additional charge to you.
This company does not charge any activation, installation or equipment fees. When you purchase a system you will be asked to pay for the specific pay period which you have selected. You will never be asked to pay for anything else, and there are no hidden fees.
Medical Care Alert offers the Home & Away System which is designed to be carried away from the house so you can have protection no matter where you are. This system uses wireless cellular technology on an AT&T voice and data network. It uses GPS satellite tracking technology to dispatch the nearest emergency responders to your location so you can receive help as quickly as possible. Service coverage is available in 97% of the inhabited areas of the United States including Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico. Your mobile system should receive coverage anywhere that a regular cell phone can receive a signal. The mobile alert device is lightweight and waterproof making it perfect for active adults who enjoy going to the gym or swimming pool.
The device range varies according to different system options. The Home System comes with a base unit and a personal alarm pendant that can travel up to 1000 ft from the base station. The Home & Yard System is able to travel up to 600 ft away. If you have any concerns regarding the device range of your system, then the best option is the Home & Away System which runs on cellular technology, so it will work wherever a standard cell phone is able to pick up service. 600 ft is about two football fields in length which should be more than enough for most people to move around their home without leaving the coverage area.
The payment options require you to pay for 3 months, 6 months or 12 months upfront. However, you can cancel at any time without penalty. You will receive a pro-rated refund of any prepaid money still available on your account. This company offers a 30-day money back guarantee so you are able cancel service before 30 days to receive a full refund.
Every time you make an emergency call using your Medical Care Alert system, a highly-qualified emergency response professional will answer your call almost instantaneously. Medical Care Alert runs their own monitoring center and does not direct your call to a third party. All emergency response agents are required to have at least two years of college education or military equivalent. Agents are also required to be EMT (Emergency Medical Training) and SIA (Security Industry Association) certified so they are ready to deal with emergency situations in a professional and efficient manner. Response agents are prepared to speak Spanish as well as communicate with the deaf and hearing-impaired. In addition to quality monitoring, customer service is open every day including Saturdays and Sundays so you can get assistance whenever you need it.
Time in Business
5 Years. Medical Care Alert was started on March 1, 2009.
Certified Monitoring Centers
Medical Care Alert has a 40,000 sq ft headquarters facility in central New York State where the main Monitoring Center is located. This company never outsources to overseas centers and all service is based in the United States.
Company Contact Information
43422 W Oaks Dr Ste 186
Novi, MI 48377