News Update: Lifewatch, Inc. has recently been charged by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and the Florida Attorney general for practicing the use of robocalls to get consumers to purchase their product.
Rank Chart

#44
LifeWatchUSA Logo

$19.95-$39.95
3.6

The Good

• No long-term contracts
  • EMT and EMD trained operators
  • Medicine voice reminders
  • Fall detectors (that sense when a sudden jarring motion happens that indicates a fall)
  • 5 days of medical alarm battery life
  • Up to 1500 feet of range for the wireless pendant
  • Cellular Phone and GPS products
  • A lockbox for the home key
  • A great-looking Swiss Watch pendant
  • Easy-to-use remote speakers
  • Two-way pendants
  • Video monitoring
  • Many more products

This product allows the customer to be fully mobile while they are doing things around the house. When the customer wishes to leave the home, they can use a GPS or cell phone alert system to communicate with emergency services if needed.

Overall, LifeWatch USA has a great platform allowing for customers to set up their personal alert system in a customized fashion. If a client needed greater mobility, they could choose a product or service with cellular or GPS. There are also medicine reminders and “tele-medicine.” These optional features are better than the medication dispensers sold with other personal alert systems, as they provided flexibility when it came to administering medication.

Another great feature was email and text notifications to family members in the case of an emergency. Many other personal alert providers charged for this service. The free shipping is also a great deal for clients. These free services make this product worth purchasing.

The Bad

• Transparency
  • Lack of communication
  • Billing issues

They do not list any of their prices or service levels online. This makes it hard to gauge whether or not a service might be a good fit for a patient. If a patient can’t see how much a product costs, then they might move onto another personal alert service provider.

There is some concerned by the lack of communication regarding equipment fees if a cancellation occurs. Clients can be subject to a $350 equipment fee for not returning the merchandise. Even if the client fails to open the package before canceling, there is still a hefty $50 restocking fee to be aware of when canceling service with LifeWatch USA.

Looking into the complaints a lot of them stemmed from billing issues. One client seemed to misunderstand the 30-day trial period and was billed for two months of service after failing to cancel their account within the trial period. It also seemed as if customers had a hard time getting back the units when they canceled their account, according to some complaints. Perhaps better return procedures would help Life Alarm USA correct this issue.

The Bottom Line

Lifewatch, Inc. offers good products and services. The products and services could be made into a perfect fit for most home care situations, and the certifications for the monitoring center are top-tier. However, when going with a particular personal alert system, a client wants to know that their monitoring professionals have dispatcher and EMT training. Despite the good found, with the recent exposure to the company’s deceptive practices of robocalling since 2012 we would not recommend this company.

View All Medical Alert Systems

X close
X close

5 LifeWatch USA Reviews

1. Select Your Rating:

0=WORST 10=BEST

2. Subject For This Review*(Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

or

1. User Score

March 19th, 2017 Harrisburg, PA

I am very happy with my unit and the timely response when I call. My only issue is that it is ultra sensitive to movement. This is not meant to be a complaint, as I know if I actualy do fall ,they will get me help in a timely fashion.

2. User Score

November 16th, 2016 Wallingford, CT

Excellent customer service, took their time with my elderly grandmother and assisted me with any questions I had.

3. User Score

November 1st, 2016 Bushnell, IL

They have used illegal robo calling to get new customers. I recieved at least 100 calls from them. They have been investigated and fined by the FCC and continued to use robo calling services.

1 2

4. User Score

June 13th, 2016 Whitehall, MT

I never used the service. Cancelled March 2015. Returned product. Insured for $475. It was received and signed for. They claim not received. They continued to Bill me $39 automatic with drawls .Finally I had to close my account and get a new account that will not accept their bill. The automatic billing I was charged essentially pays for the product. I talked to representatives on 5 occasions. They told me they had changed their address, the next time they said they never changed their address, but I have correspondence from them with different addresses.The post office did an investigation. I thought the issue was resolved, but am now again receiving bills for $290 + monthly charges. I have tried to call their provided number and they do not answer. I will be filling a complaint with Consumer protection agency. They provide an excellent service. The last time I filed a complaint on a Robo call company, they not only resolve the problem, but forbid the company from doing business in the Stae of Montana.

5. User Score

September 30th, 2015 Bangor, PA

My mother has had an account with lfe watch for over 8 years. When she fell out of bed on a Friday night her wrist band would not work. She dragged herself to the table where she was able to hit the monitor call button. The woman had my mother’s name and address wrong. Luckily my mother was coherent enough to give the woman the correct information so 911 could be dispatched. Saturday morning she called the “24/7” company who coldly told her the device must be malfunctioning and she could not get anything resolved until they return to the office on Monday. So much for 24/7 service. When we called on Monday they told my mother nothing could be done until her delinquent account was made current. She is on auto-debit monthly for the past 8 years. They told her they no longer accepted discover but never informed us of this change. She said she would correct the account and could they send a new device right away so she can feel safe again. they refused until her account is current. We then decided after 8 years it was time to find another company. Is this how we should treat our 86 year old widows? I think not. Shame of Life Watch.