Since 1977, LifeStation has been offering medical alert devices and medical monitoring services designed by medical alert industry veterans to help seniors live independently. LifeStation makes getting emergency assistance easier for seniors who want to live in the comfort of their own home at an affordable cost. LifeStation looks after the health and well-being of older adults, giving them, as well as their family members, peace of mind knowing they will be protected with LifeStation's emergency services and medical monitoring.

Additional highlights of the company include low monthly monitoring fees ($19.95–34.95), no equipment fees, no activation fees, no contract length, and a lifetime warranty on LifeStation equipment. The medical alert company has high ratings and exceptional service, which is evidenced by a number of positive Life Station reviews below.

Click here to go straight to LifeStation customer reviews

The Good

• Low Price and No Long-Term Contracts
  • Multiple Plan Options
  • System and Warranty
  • Fastest Response time in the Industry
  • Complimentary Alert Messaging
  • 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
  • Five-Day Battery for Mobile System
  • Waterproof Alert Button
  • "Find My Loved One" Feature
  • Free Spousal Alert Monitoring
  • LifeStation Reviews
  • 1,000-Foot Range from Base Station

Low Price and No Long-Term Contracts

LifeStation has lower prices on medical alert systems than most other leading competitor medical alert companies. On top of that, there are no long-term contracts that rope customers into service for a specified period of time. With LifeStation, customers can cancel at any time without having to pay a cancellation fee. Both of these points make LifeStation a very wise financial choice.

Multiple Plan Options

LifeStation offers a variety of plans to ensure there is a choice that fits every consumer, regardless of their specific lifestyle. Whether you are regularly on the go or typically remain at your home, LifeStation has a plan to fit everyone's needs. You can also choose between monthly, quarterly, or annual billing services. Plan details for LifeStation's three main packages are below:

In-Home Landline: $19.95 per Month

This package is best for customers who most often remain at home but still want to remain independent and safe in the case of an emergency.

• Shower-safe buttons wearable as a pendant or on the wrist
  • Sensitive whole-house 2-way speakerphone
  • Optional fall detection pendant available
  • Plug compatible with landline phone jack or modem - optional Cellular System available

In-Home Cellular: $26.95 per Month

This plan is best for consumers looking for protection in their home and around their yard, as this plan has a larger range from the base station to ensure protection in the yard as well as in your home.

• 2-Way voice pendant
  • Shower-safe pendant up to 600-foot range (2 football fields)
  • Easy setup - connect to phone line and power within minutes
  • No activation or setup fees

Mobile with GPS: $34.95 per Month

This package is best for consumers looking to be more active with their medical alert system and who plan to leave their home quite often. This medical alert device is made specifically for on-the-go.

• Reliable AT&T cellular and GPS location services
  • Optional automatic fall detection and Bedtime Buddy alert device available
  • Shower-safe pendant goes where you go
  • No activation or setup fees

System and Warranty

LifeStation's medical alert systems are covered under a lifetime warranty. Their in-home system consists of a pendant or wristband with an emergency alert device button and a base station that is connected to their monitoring station. The base unit and emergency button work within 1,000 feet of each other. When you press the button, a Care Specialist is notified that you are having an emergency.

The base station features an enhanced speaker and voice capabilities that gives users two-way communication with a Care Specialist even if they have fallen down. For those without a traditional landline, LifeStation offers products for alternative phone service and mobile devices for seniors with active lifestyles. Read LifeStation reviews below to read about customers' experiences with different types of LifeStation alert systems.

Fastest Response Time in the Industry

LifeStation's monitoring station exceeds both national and industry standards for training and response time. It is a UL-listed and 5 Diamond Certified medical monitoring center with a strict training protocol for its personnel, starting with six weeks of formal classroom training and mandatory exams at the end of every module.

Once this training for the response center personnel is successfully completed, there is field training guided by TMA certified instructors. All new personnel receives weekly performance reviews for three months. This ensures a high standard of customer service and a quick response time.

The average LifeStation response time is 20 seconds. The company encourages its customers to do a monthly system test so they can see how quickly LifeStation responds to alerts. LifeStation systems also have check-in capabilities that allow the company to check your system each week to ensure it is communicating with the monitoring center.

Complimentary Alert Messaging

A LifeStation medical alert device also offers caregivers the option for an alert messaging service that sends automatic email notifications in the event their loved one has an emergency. It also performs a silent weekly test of the loved one's system and notifies them if the system has any issues.

30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

LifeStation features a 30-day money-back guarantee for any customer on any payment plan. This includes customers that still pay month-to-month. This can give customers peace of mind that they can test out LifeStation and get their money back if the medical alert service doesn't work for them. LifeStation is essentially risk-free, and anyone can try the service without committing to any fees or contracts.

Five-Day Battery for Mobile System

LifeStation's mobile medical alert system has an impressive battery life of up to five days, which is an upgrade from the previous 36 hours. This is considered impressively long, especially compared to other medical alert companies. Having a lengthy alarm battery life ensures the medical alert owner does not have to worry about charging the system every day and has the ability to go days without having to worry about doing so. LifeStation also replaces medical alert batteries for free so customers do not have to worry that this cost would be out of their pocket.

In the case of a power outage, LifeStation's system also has a backup battery that lasts for up to 32 hours. When your power turns back on, the battery will begin to self-charge.

Waterproof Alert Button

All of LifeStation's medical alert buttons are waterproof. This means you don't have to worry about taking off the alert device when showering, taking a bath, or during other activities that involve water. This is especially convenient since wet areas are the most fall-prone areas, so it is a major plus that you'll still have protection in these instances.

"Find My Loved One" Feature

For a limited time, LifeStation has created a "Find My Loved One" feature to go with all mobile GPS device packages. This feature allows anyone on the emergency contact list of the medical alert owner to text "Find + [medical alert owner's name]." The contact will then receive a text message with a link to the address of the loved one's location on a map.

Whether it's used as an extra safety precaution or a way to find a medical alert device if lost, this feature adds additional peace of mind and added security for medical alert owners and their loved ones. With a simple text, they can check up on their loved ones and their whereabouts at any time.

Free Spousal Alert Monitoring

If you have a spouse or another person in your home who also wants medical alert monitoring, LifeStation will provide the monitoring services completely free. The only cost the second medical alert user is responsible for is an extra help button, which is $3.99 per month.

LifeStation Reviews

LifeStation consumer reviews are overwhelmingly positive, highlighting exceptional LifeStation customer service, affordable pricing, quick response times, and quality equipment. LifeStation complaints are minimal, demonstrating a positive customer experience and awarding LifeStation a high star rating. Knowing LifeStation has reliable service and highly trained professionals can give consumers peace of mind that their loved one using the medical alert device will be taken care of.

1,000-Foot Range from Base Station

LifeStation has a 1,000-foot range from the base station for its medical alert devices. Many medical alert providers have lower ranges closer to 600 ft. A larger range gives consumers more flexibility in how far they can travel from the medical alert device base station and ensures more protection in the case of a fall or another emergency.

The Bad

Additional Fees

One way LifeStation's alert service falls short of its competitors, who offer spouse coverage at no additional charge, is by charging an additional fee of $3.99 per month for every extra alert button. Also at an extra cost is a LockBox, a bathroom and hallway alert button, and automatic fall detection, which some companies offer for free or include in the subscription fee. However, the fee is minimal and won't raise your monthly payment by a significant amount. Check out LifeStaton reviews below to see if this has proved to be a problem to past customers.

The Bottom Line

LifeStation offers both standard benefits as well as modern technological features like mobile GPS tracking technology and audible notifications, letting users know the battery needs to be recharged. LifeStation's pricing is on par with the lower to middle range of industry standards with a price-lock guarantee of one monthly rate and a 30-day money-back guarantee.

LifeStation's greatest strength lies in the industry certifications it holds, such as UL approval and TMA certified instructors to provide peace of mind. The major selling points are LifeStation's state of the art monitoring center, the automatic alerts for caregivers, and LifeStation Fall Detection. The medical alert service is known for its quality medical alert systems with high-end equipment, exceptional customer service, and affordable pricing, including a low-priced monthly fee, no activation fee, no equipment fee, and no contract length.

If you're interested in learning more about the medical alert provider, read LifeStation reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say about the company, its customer service, its equipment, and more.

Call our recommended rep over at LifeStation below.

Beverly
October 2nd, 2017 Fayetteville, WV

It's affordable. I've tested it every month and they haven't failed me. I have tried everything they gave me, the whole unit, the necklace and the bracelet. I have an aneurysm growing in my belly, and it's there in case this thing decided something that's not supposed to. The only thing is that it takes a little bit of time when they get there but as soon as they do, the first thing they do is call for you. I just feel safer and I'm pleased with it.

James
October 2nd, 2017 Philadelphia, PA

I wear it around my neck and I hope nothing happens. It's actually too sensitive. It goes off when I go to bed and if I roll on it or something like that then it goes off and it gets annoying to be honest.

October 2nd, 2017 Luling, LA

Speaking with LifeStation was always a positive experience. Naturally I would choose the cheaper but you know if you wanna have a mobile unit that's working everywhere you go then you got to pay the price.

Patricia
October 2nd, 2017 Elyria, OH

I haven't really had to use it for an emergency yet but I use it. I checked it to make sure it works, to know it's working. Every-time I call them they're right there.

Greta & John
October 2nd, 2017 Alborn, MN

Their representatives answered all of my questions. They have a monthly fee instead of a yearly one, and I really like that.

Randy
October 2nd, 2017 Riverside, CA

Their representatives are very helpful and courteous. They are very trustworthy.

Mildred
September 14th, 2017 West Columbia, SC

I'm glad I have Life Station, the price is great and their customer service is very good, I'm just real pleased, I feel safe with if and thankfully I haven't ever used it.

Mary Joan
September 14th, 2017 Cincinnati, OH

I saw an ad in a magazine and I am very happy wit it. I wear it everyday, I bought it to protect me in case I would need it so I never take it off. It was very easy to set it up. The one thing I don't like, is the string color, it is black, and everytime I wear a blouse it shows, I would take a white string so much better.

Ruth
September 14th, 2017 Houston, TX

Everything has been good. I haven't had an occasion to use it yet.

Muriel
September 14th, 2017 San Bernardino, CA

They offer a very good customer support, whenever I had to test it, they're always there to answer. My overall experience with Life Station has been a great experience, I wouldn't go anywhere without it.

Irene
September 14th, 2017 Shallotte, NC

My neighbor has Life Station so I signed up for it. I haven't had to use it for medical alerts, however, I've accidentally pressed the button a couple of times and they would answer right away, I told them that it was a mistake but they handled it very nice.

Pat
September 14th, 2017 Calais, ME'

My daughter did all the checking through the insurance and we found that they have the best recommendation. Their representatives are very courteous and professional, the best ones around. I feel very safe and comfortable with it, I put it on in the morning after my shower and then go all day into the evening, I go shopping, I go to the church and I go to work with it, it's fantastic.

James
September 14th, 2017 Richland, WA

I've fall in the shower couple of times and my daughter said that if I continue living alone I had to do some safety features and Life Station sounded like the right one. I use it only for emergency. I've use it to test it once a month and my overall experience has been great.

Marta
September 14th, 2017 Chicago, IL

I came across an advertisement, and I like that you could get the equipment for free, just pay a monthly fee and that I could cancel at anytime. One day I fell and I couldn't get up nor get to the door, Life Station spoke to me through the machine and asked me if I was in trouble, I said yes, and they were here within 10 minutes. Their customer support has been fantastic, they've been kind and very respectful. Me and my children are very happy to have it.

Constance
September 14th, 2017 Kankakee, IL'

I wear Life Station all the time, I check the equipment once a month and my experience overall has been favorable, their customer support is great. I highly recommend it!

Deborah
September 14th, 2017 Farmville, VA

Life Stations is less expensive that some other medical alert systems. In my own personal experience they always have responded appropriately. Three weeks ago I was in an incapacitated state, my aunt came over and saw my condition and hit the button and told them I needed assistance and they immediately sent an ambulance. Their customer support is very informative and professional and I have no negative experience whatsoever. The only thing I'd suggest to them, is to have a GPS where you can get found anywhere you want, I live and travel alone and I have been considering changing because of that one mobile alert they are missing, so I might have to change. Other than that, I am pleased with it.

It is NOT connected correctly we were asked to call a Technician
September 13th, 2017 Denver, CO

It has NOT been enabled when tested

Pam Spencer/Anna Abraham
September 13th, 2017 Tucson, AZ

Easy to use and my mom has had to push it for help, the only thing we don't like is that it is not very loud, and is difficult to hear. The last one she had was much louder when she pushed the button and seemed to cover more distance.

none
September 13th, 2017 Hendersonville, NC

Good response and personable and helpful personnel

Gwen Blubaugj
September 13th, 2017 Newark, OH

Very good at contacting me when something is wrong

Lynn
September 13th, 2017 Palisades Park, NJ

It's too easy to press the button by accident

Virginette
September 13th, 2017 Buffalo, NY

Very fast response time and friendly to my mother. We can always count on them!

John Forrest & friend Judy Henson
September 13th, 2017 Hyattsville, MD

They respond very quickly to our needs. And,have been a life saver!

Betty B.
September 13th, 2017 Dickinson, ND

Quick response

Al
September 13th, 2017 Irvington, KY

The operators are polite and respond quickly

Wilma Cunningham
September 13th, 2017 San Angelo, TX

I've only had to use them once (thank goodness) but they were very efficient and life saving./

Eileen
September 13th, 2017 Beavertown, PA

My only contact needed is monthly check and this month our landline number was changed and when they tried to call and couldn't get through they immediately called alt. Number to make sure we were ok.

Elizabeth Butler
September 12th, 2017 Alexandria, VA

3 times I have accidentally set off device. They immediately responded and no big deal.

gail c
September 12th, 2017 Freeport, NY

they are always there. very patient . i've set it off by accident a few times. I feel safer .

September 12th, 2017 La Grange, IL

I've had instant trsponse from them.

Marian Hansen
September 12th, 2017 Glendale, CA

Always very courteous and helpful

Oralia Hearn
September 12th, 2017 Roseville, CA

Quick response time ease of use. Easy to cancel false alarms.

Eldest-son
September 12th, 2017 Wildwood, NJ

Monthly testing by Mom builds confidence in use. One mistaken, unrealized press of button while placing around her neck, combined with not placing her hearing aids beforehand, resulted in immediate process initiation, including me as third contact. By the time I was called, the response was at Mom's door. Mother was embarrassed, but totally realized how expeditiously she will be cared for, should her actual emergency call for help, be needed.

September 12th, 2017 Madison, WI

System has worked appropriately, customer service has been responsive when contacted.

Jerry McQuirter
September 12th, 2017 Jonesville, VA

We have been very happy with the service. Any questions we have had have been met with friendly, helpful answers

Joan
September 12th, 2017 Sherman Oaks, CA

I really have not been in communication with life station except for routine matters so I do not know how you will respond to emergencies. I have no qualms about your service. I am sure that you do respond promptly. Thanks.

Mary W
September 12th, 2017 Mattoon, IL

Great customer service..even when mom accidentally hits her device , they are totally customer oriented

Rose Risk
September 12th, 2017 Louisville, KY

It gives me a great deal of comfort that my loved one is protected and is just a call away.

S McElroy
September 12th, 2017 Mountain View, CA

I rate them a 9 because it is dependable and customer service is very courteous and on point. I am placing my life in the hands of this service and they give me everything I believe they should..

Donald for my Mother.
September 12th, 2017 Richmond, VA

They have responded quickly every time the pendant is depressed. Each time has been a false alarm, but the response was as it should be.

Darlene Applegate-Wilson Roselyn Freeman
September 12th, 2017 Diberville, MS

We have been pleased with the service. The cost is very affordable also.

Linda Alleman
August 11th, 2017 Thibodaux, LA

just got my device and not what i wanted, called customer serv. about a return label...was told i had to pay return postage, but was told i could try it and if not satisfied they would send me a return label and cancel. not what i was told yesterday. the lady actually hung up before i could say thank you . so rude

Ruth Cavanaugh
August 11th, 2017 Staten Island, NY

I've had the Life Station for several years, and in fact they have replaced the units for me last year as I'd had it for over 4 years. Twice I've needed their service as I had two incidents when I woke in the middle of the night with feelings of heart irregularity, and they were quick to respond and send an ambulance, while also alerting my daughter upstairs that I was feeling bad. I am 83, and it is surely a good thing to know that I can summon help even if I am incapacitated. Thanks!

NA
August 11th, 2017 Dover, DE

It has worked just fine. They respond immediately no matter what. Even if it's just for questions about the system, they're there to help you, so we've had an excellent service from them. I definitely recommend LifeStation.

Elizabeth
August 11th, 2017 Somerdale, NJ

I fell at home once, so I called for help using LifeStation. The response time was very quick, and they immediately sent somebody to help me get up. That person was very concerned about my health, and very thorough as well. It's a pretty good service; it does the job.

Julia
August 11th, 2017 Portsmouth, VA

Their representatives are very caring and compassionate, and they seem to want the best for the patient. Plus, they're very professional, and the price is also good. When I push the button by mistake, they answer very promptly.

Marie
August 11th, 2017 Warminster, PA

The service is for myself because I'm alone most of the time. Although my family does come and go sometimes, I like that it gives me reassurance that I could get in touch with somebody, if something happened. Overall, it's been a positive experience.

L.D.
August 11th, 2017 Floresville, TX

It's a good product, and it gives us a peace of mind, knowing that my mother can activate the alarm if she needs to. Plus, their agents are very cooperative and easy to communicate.

August 11th, 2017 Surprise, AZ

My experience with their representatives has been satisfactory, but setting up the system was a little complicated for me. I had to have my neighbor help me.

Rod
August 11th, 2017 Medford, OR

My parent's wear the devices 24/7, and my mom already used it. Her experience dealing with their customer service has been generally positive.