Since 1977, LifeStation has been offering medical alert devices and medical monitoring services designed by medical alert industry veterans to help seniors live independently. LifeStation makes getting emergency assistance easier for seniors who want to live in the comfort of their own home at an affordable cost. LifeStation looks after the health and well-being of older adults, giving them, as well as their family members, peace of mind knowing they will be protected with LifeStation's emergency services and medical monitoring.

Additional highlights of the company include low monthly monitoring fees ($19.95–34.95), no equipment fees, no activation fees, no contract length, and a lifetime warranty on LifeStation equipment. The medical alert company has high ratings and exceptional service, which is evidenced by a number of positive Life Station reviews below.

Click here to go straight to LifeStation customer reviews

The Good

• Low Price and No Long-Term Contracts
  • Multiple Plan Options
  • System and Warranty
  • Fastest Response time in the Industry
  • Complimentary Alert Messaging
  • 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
  • Five-Day Battery for Mobile System
  • Waterproof Alert Button
  • "Find My Loved One" Feature
  • Free Spousal Alert Monitoring
  • LifeStation Reviews
  • 1,000-Foot Range from Base Station

Low Price and No Long-Term Contracts

LifeStation has lower prices on medical alert systems than most other leading competitor medical alert companies. On top of that, there are no long-term contracts that rope customers into service for a specified period of time. With LifeStation, customers can cancel at any time without having to pay a cancellation fee. Both of these points make LifeStation a very wise financial choice.

Multiple Plan Options

LifeStation offers a variety of plans to ensure there is a choice that fits every consumer, regardless of their specific lifestyle. Whether you are regularly on the go or typically remain at your home, LifeStation has a plan to fit everyone's needs. You can also choose between monthly, quarterly, or annual billing services. Plan details for LifeStation's three main packages are below:

In-Home Landline — $19.95 per Month

This package is best for customers who most often remain at home but still want to remain independent and safe in the case of an emergency.

• Shower-safe buttons wearable as a pendant or on the wrist
  • Sensitive whole-house 2-way speakerphone
  • Optional fall detection pendant available
  • Plug compatible with landline phone jack or modem - optional Cellular System available

In-Home Cellular — $26.95 per Month

This plan is best for consumers looking for protection in their home and around their yard, as this plan has a larger range from the base station to ensure protection in the yard as well as in your home.

• 2-Way voice pendant
  • Shower-safe pendant up to 600-foot range (2 football fields)
  • Easy setup - connect to phone line and power within minutes
  • No activation or setup fees

Mobile LTE — $34.95 per Month

This package is best for consumers looking to be more active with their medical alert system and who plan to leave their homes quite often. This medical alert device is made specifically for on-the-go.

LifeStation’s Mobile LTE boasts the most advanced suite of capabilities to date in a medical alert system. Leveraging AT&T’s 4G LTE network, the nation’s fastest and most reliable system, it takes advantage of LifeStation’s award-winning monitoring center, allowing seniors to get help quickly and confidently, anywhere in the country

• Fastest, most reliable nationwide LTE Network
  • Most accurate location services, utilizing GPS and Wi-Fi
  • Fully waterproof — take it in the shower or bath with no worries
  • Longest battery life — up to five days without needing a charge

System and Warranty

LifeStation's medical alert systems are covered under a lifetime warranty. Their in-home system consists of a pendant or wristband with an emergency alert device button and a base station that is connected to their monitoring station. The base unit and emergency button work within 1,000 feet of each other. When you press the button, a Care Specialist is notified that you are having an emergency.

The base station features an enhanced speaker and voice capabilities that gives users two-way communication with a Care Specialist even if they have fallen down. For those without a traditional landline, LifeStation offers products for alternative phone service and mobile devices for seniors with active lifestyles. Read LifeStation reviews below to read about customers' experiences with different types of LifeStation alert systems.

Fastest Response Time in the Industry

LifeStation's monitoring station exceeds both national and industry standards for training and response time. It is a UL-listed and 5 Diamond Certified medical monitoring center with a strict training protocol for its personnel, starting with six weeks of formal classroom training and mandatory exams at the end of every module.

Once this training for the response center personnel is successfully completed, there is field training guided by TMA certified instructors. All new personnel receives weekly performance reviews for three months. This ensures a high standard of customer service and a quick response time.

The average LifeStation response time is 20 seconds. The company encourages its customers to do a monthly system test so they can see how quickly LifeStation responds to alerts. LifeStation systems also have check-in capabilities that allow the company to check your system each week to ensure it is communicating with the monitoring center.

Complimentary Alert Messaging

A LifeStation medical alert device also offers caregivers the option for an alert messaging service that sends automatic email notifications in the event their loved one has an emergency. It also performs a silent weekly test of the loved one's system and notifies them if the system has any issues.

30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

LifeStation features a 30-day money-back guarantee for any customer on any payment plan. This includes customers that still pay month-to-month. This can give customers peace of mind that they can test out LifeStation and get their money back if the medical alert service doesn't work for them. LifeStation is essentially risk-free, and anyone can try the service without committing to any fees or contracts.

Five-Day Battery for Mobile System

LifeStation's mobile medical alert system has an impressive battery life of up to five days, which is an upgrade from the previous 36 hours. This is considered impressively long, especially compared to other medical alert companies. Having a lengthy alarm battery life ensures the medical alert owner does not have to worry about charging the system every day and has the ability to go days without having to worry about doing so. LifeStation also replaces medical alert batteries for free so customers do not have to worry that this cost would be out of their pocket.

In the case of a power outage, LifeStation's system also has a backup battery that lasts for up to 32 hours. When your power turns back on, the battery will begin to self-charge.

Waterproof Alert Button

All of LifeStation's medical alert buttons are waterproof. This means you don't have to worry about taking off the alert device when showering, taking a bath, or during other activities that involve water. This is especially convenient since wet areas are the most fall-prone areas, so it is a major plus that you'll still have protection in these instances.

"Find My Loved One" Feature

For a limited time, LifeStation has created a "Find My Loved One" feature to go with all mobile GPS device packages. This feature allows anyone on the emergency contact list of the medical alert owner to text "Find + [medical alert owner's name]." The contact will then receive a text message with a link to the address of the loved one's location on a map.

Whether it's used as an extra safety precaution or a way to find a medical alert device if lost, this feature adds additional peace of mind and added security for medical alert owners and their loved ones. With a simple text, they can check up on their loved ones and their whereabouts at any time.

Free Spousal Alert Monitoring

If you have a spouse or another person in your home who also wants medical alert monitoring, LifeStation will provide the monitoring services completely free. The only cost the second medical alert user is responsible for is an extra help button, which is $3.99 per month.

LifeStation Reviews

LifeStation consumer reviews are overwhelmingly positive, highlighting exceptional LifeStation customer service, affordable pricing, quick response times, and quality equipment. LifeStation complaints are minimal, demonstrating a positive customer experience and awarding LifeStation a high star rating. Knowing LifeStation has reliable service and highly trained professionals can give consumers peace of mind that their loved one using the medical alert device will be taken care of.

1,000-Foot Range from Base Station

LifeStation has a 1,000-foot range from the base station for its medical alert devices. Many medical alert providers have lower ranges closer to 600 ft. A larger range gives consumers more flexibility in how far they can travel from the medical alert device base station and ensures more protection in the case of a fall or another emergency.

The Bad

Additional Fees

One way LifeStation's alert service falls short of its competitors, who offer spouse coverage at no additional charge, is by charging an additional fee of $3.99 per month for every extra alert button. Also at an extra cost is a LockBox, a bathroom and hallway alert button, and automatic fall detection, which some companies offer for free or include in the subscription fee. However, the fee is minimal and won't raise your monthly payment by a significant amount. Check out LifeStaton reviews below to see if this has proved to be a problem to past customers.

The Bottom Line

LifeStation offers both standard benefits as well as modern technological features like mobile GPS tracking technology and audible notifications, letting users know the battery needs to be recharged. LifeStation's pricing is on par with the lower to middle range of industry standards with a price-lock guarantee of one monthly rate and a 30-day money-back guarantee.

LifeStation's greatest strength lies in the industry certifications it holds, such as UL approval and TMA certified instructors to provide peace of mind. The major selling points are LifeStation's state of the art monitoring center, the automatic alerts for caregivers, and LifeStation Fall Detection. The medical alert service is known for its quality medical alert systems with high-end equipment, exceptional customer service, and affordable pricing, including a low-priced monthly fee, no activation fee, no equipment fee, and no contract length.

If you're interested in learning more about the medical alert provider, read LifeStation reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say about the company, its customer service, its equipment, and more.

Call our recommended rep over at LifeStation below.

Volta Perkins

October 17th, 2017 Chicago, IL

I have an elderly mother who's 94, and I'm a football couch. Since I'm in and out of the house, I wanted to make sure that she could be taken care of even when I'm not in the house. It's pretty good.

Paul Gordon

October 17th, 2017 Lincoln, NE

I've gotten a lot of good use out of my machine. I've had it for about 5 or 6 months and I think I've used it about 4 or 5 times, but I've never been on the floor for 68 hours and that's quite remarkable. Usually I just wear the device around my neck, take it off to charge it and that's it. When I do fall, it's nice that you can push a button and they'll call the ambulance, my wife, or someone who can help me. The people who answer the phone are always kind. They call you by your name, ask you if there's anything wrong, and they are always there for me. It doesn't matter if it's 2 o'clock in the morning. I found myself on the floor at that time once. I had gotten up to get some water and take my medicine. I fell and tried to yell for my wife, but I didn't want to wake the whole house so I just called the person with the device and the operator that responded called my wife. Otherwise I would've had to lay on the floor all night. It was quite comforting to have something that I could use to communicate with them. I think that the basic design of the system is a lot better than what it was before. I've had no disappointments of any type since I've got it. Sometimes it does take longer to get a hold of someone, but after 5 or 6 second they're always there.

October 17th, 2017 St. Louis, MO

My husband did a lot of research and LifeStation seemed to be the best for what we needed. It's pretty easy for my father in law to use it, and he keeps it with him. One time he got really ill and had to use the device to call us. They were able to send out an ambulance and my sister in law was called about it. It all went the way it was supposed to. They seem to be very coordinated and knew what they were doing.

Steve Stackhouse

October 17th, 2017 Black Mountain, NC

I got it for my mother because I liked some of the special features they have. Since we got it, she hasn't had an emergency that requires her to use it, but it's there if she needs it. I think it's very well designed and that they are a good company.

Frank Mc Coy

October 17th, 2017 Kansas City, MO

The device is for my Mom, she's 88 years old and very unstable. She has fallen a couple of times and has been able to push the button and contact them. Since she's in assisted living, they contact the nurse station who goes and checks on her. They also contact me to let me know something happened. Every time she falls she has been able to push the button and alert someone. So far we're very satisfied, but I think there's still room for improvement. I'm not sure where, but I'm sure they can.

Philip Barnett

October 17th, 2017 Scottsdale, AZ

LifeStation saved my life once. I dislocated my hip in my bathroom, and both my cellphone and land line were out f reach. I couldn't move at all, it was really painful, so I pressed the thing on my wrist and they called me. Even though my television was on, I heard them calling and they were able to hear me too. If I hadn't had that thing, I would literally have died of starvation. I would've been on the bathroom floor for 4-5 days and no one would've been able to hear me. It's a lifesaver. The only problem I ever had with them was after I moved into a different apartment. I had to reset it and I tried to do it over the phone. I called them twice, both times taking 40 minutes without solving the issue. A computer expert came by and he fixed that in 10 seconds. Other than that, it has been a blessing.

Elaine Thomas

October 13th, 2017 Somerset, NJ

Lifestation is the best of the best and a definite Life Saver. My loved one would have died if it had not been for there quick response to a bad fall by my loved one. Thank you so much!

Patricia M.

October 9th, 2017 Rohnert Park, CA

Advertised as $25.95 a month, was charged $371 for a year which is $30.91 a month. Call was placed to return product due to life changes and was informed could not be returned for credit. Decided I had to keep it and requested a necklace to use in daytime and I would keep bracelet. Was told $60 would be credited to my card and a necklace would be sent to me. Neither happened. I decided to return the machine anyway. After providing this info to caller, company returned money that was for the time that I did not keep the product.

Domino

October 9th, 2017 Chino Hills, CA

Very dependable,they go out of the way to answer any questions, I believe they will there for my mom if ever needed.

windalin

October 9th, 2017 New York, NY

responsive whenever something goes wrong with the equipment

A. Gary Dielissen

October 2nd, 2017 Castro Valley, CA

Response has been excellent, monthly rate is fair , like the GPS system available, easy to set up and use.

Barbara Weir

October 2nd, 2017 Windsor, CA

very responsive with easy to use information and device - except hide a key lock is difficult to open. Haven't been using it.

Barbara Moss

October 2nd, 2017 Amarillo, TX

Response time is WAY too slow. The phone will "ring" about 4 times (I'm told it's looking for a signal with those rings), then another 7 or 8 rings before a human answers! I could be dying by then. I'm very disappointed with the time involved. The only reason I'm keeping the system and not depending on calling 911 myself.....is because the LifeStation works away from my home and I probably wouldn't have my phone with me.

Bolder

October 2nd, 2017 Concord, NC

It gives me comfort to know that my grandmother is safe. Her machine is tested every month and it makes her feel safe.

E

October 2nd, 2017 Carpentersville, IL

rEACH IS NOT AS FAR AS IT SAYS

Don't know a name

October 2nd, 2017 Plano, TX

Attentive customer service, peace of mind for me and my family

John McLaughlin

October 2nd, 2017 Kensington, MD

The only concern I have is that my husband might not have the presence of mind to turn on the mobile device and wait to hit the button.

Lea

October 2nd, 2017 New York, NY

Button is extremely sensitive and my mom sets it off when moving it.

Nan

October 2nd, 2017 Brodhead, KY

They have excellent Customer service

Anonymously

October 2nd, 2017 Ashland, WI

I wear it all the time and I feel good that I have it because I'm kind of unsteady on my legs. I fell at the store and I needed to be checked out. I called and it took a long time for it to get through before anybody answered to see if I was okay, I didn't appreciate that too much. However, they were kind and thorough and wanted to know what happened. They sent somebody else right away, an ambulance came out pretty fast after they answered, but like I said it took a long time for them to answer.

Susan

October 2nd, 2017 Orlando, FL

There's been a couple of times when I accidentally pushed the button when I was up against the table eating, but they responded quickly at that time. Thank goodness we've not actually had to use it in an emergency yet. It had everything that we needed plus the price was right and there was no need to sign a contract. We're very happy with it.

Tamara

October 2nd, 2017 Wichita, KS'

We haven't had to use it yet, however, we have used it for tests once a month. Their representatives are very helpful, attentive and always taking care of my mother.

Gary

October 2nd, 2017 Comstock Park, MI

The representative, they were pretty clear and outgoing right from the day one. However, I only needed a short range not the GPS type operation. I wanted a short range but it seems that when I was looking over the others they provided the best one of that time

Gail

October 2nd, 2017 Windermere, FL'

It takes too long for them to answer and I have only used it for test it.

Sally

October 2nd, 2017 San Jose, CA

They're very trustworthy and I've been very happy with it.

Barbara

October 2nd, 2017 Ridge, NY

I don't really wear it, I don't take it with me. The only thing I do is if I take a shower I take it in the bathroom and I put a hook in the shower and I hang it there so then in case I would fall in the tub or somewhere in the bathroom I would have it available. I don't have a problem with mobility and I don't even need this any longer.

Karen

October 2nd, 2017 Pleasant Valley, NY'

We decided to go with LifeStation because of the service you offered and the good price.

Beverly

October 2nd, 2017 Fayetteville, WV

It's affordable. I've tested it every month and they haven't failed me. I have tried everything they gave me, the whole unit, the necklace and the bracelet. I have an aneurysm growing in my belly, and it's there in case this thing decided something that's not supposed to. The only thing is that it takes a little bit of time when they get there but as soon as they do, the first thing they do is call for you. I just feel safer and I'm pleased with it.

James

October 2nd, 2017 Philadelphia, PA

I wear it around my neck and I hope nothing happens. It's actually too sensitive. It goes off when I go to bed and if I roll on it or something like that then it goes off and it gets annoying to be honest.

October 2nd, 2017 Luling, LA

Speaking with LifeStation was always a positive experience. Naturally I would choose the cheaper but you know if you wanna have a mobile unit that's working everywhere you go then you got to pay the price.

Patricia

October 2nd, 2017 Elyria, OH

I haven't really had to use it for an emergency yet but I use it. I checked it to make sure it works, to know it's working. Every-time I call them they're right there.

Greta & John

October 2nd, 2017 Alborn, MN

Their representatives answered all of my questions. They have a monthly fee instead of a yearly one, and I really like that.

Randy

October 2nd, 2017 Riverside, CA

Their representatives are very helpful and courteous. They are very trustworthy.

Mildred

September 14th, 2017 West Columbia, SC

I'm glad I have Life Station, the price is great and their customer service is very good, I'm just real pleased, I feel safe with if and thankfully I haven't ever used it.

Mary Joan

September 14th, 2017 Cincinnati, OH

I saw an ad in a magazine and I am very happy wit it. I wear it everyday, I bought it to protect me in case I would need it so I never take it off. It was very easy to set it up. The one thing I don't like, is the string color, it is black, and everytime I wear a blouse it shows, I would take a white string so much better.

Ruth

September 14th, 2017 Houston, TX

Everything has been good. I haven't had an occasion to use it yet.

Muriel

September 14th, 2017 San Bernardino, CA

They offer a very good customer support, whenever I had to test it, they're always there to answer. My overall experience with Life Station has been a great experience, I wouldn't go anywhere without it.

Irene

September 14th, 2017 Shallotte, NC

My neighbor has Life Station so I signed up for it. I haven't had to use it for medical alerts, however, I've accidentally pressed the button a couple of times and they would answer right away, I told them that it was a mistake but they handled it very nice.

Pat

September 14th, 2017 Calais, ME'

My daughter did all the checking through the insurance and we found that they have the best recommendation. Their representatives are very courteous and professional, the best ones around. I feel very safe and comfortable with it, I put it on in the morning after my shower and then go all day into the evening, I go shopping, I go to the church and I go to work with it, it's fantastic.

James

September 14th, 2017 Richland, WA

I've fall in the shower couple of times and my daughter said that if I continue living alone I had to do some safety features and Life Station sounded like the right one. I use it only for emergency. I've use it to test it once a month and my overall experience has been great.

Marta

September 14th, 2017 Chicago, IL

I came across an advertisement, and I like that you could get the equipment for free, just pay a monthly fee and that I could cancel at anytime. One day I fell and I couldn't get up nor get to the door, Life Station spoke to me through the machine and asked me if I was in trouble, I said yes, and they were here within 10 minutes. Their customer support has been fantastic, they've been kind and very respectful. Me and my children are very happy to have it.

Constance

September 14th, 2017 Kankakee, IL'

I wear Life Station all the time, I check the equipment once a month and my experience overall has been favorable, their customer support is great. I highly recommend it!

Deborah

September 14th, 2017 Farmville, VA

Life Stations is less expensive that some other medical alert systems. In my own personal experience they always have responded appropriately. Three weeks ago I was in an incapacitated state, my aunt came over and saw my condition and hit the button and told them I needed assistance and they immediately sent an ambulance. Their customer support is very informative and professional and I have no negative experience whatsoever. The only thing I'd suggest to them, is to have a GPS where you can get found anywhere you want, I live and travel alone and I have been considering changing because of that one mobile alert they are missing, so I might have to change. Other than that, I am pleased with it.

It is NOT connected correctly we were asked to call a Technician

September 13th, 2017 Denver, CO

It has NOT been enabled when tested

Pam Spencer/Anna Abraham

September 13th, 2017 Tucson, AZ

Easy to use and my mom has had to push it for help, the only thing we don't like is that it is not very loud, and is difficult to hear. The last one she had was much louder when she pushed the button and seemed to cover more distance.

none

September 13th, 2017 Hendersonville, NC

Good response and personable and helpful personnel

Gwen Blubaugj

September 13th, 2017 Newark, OH

Very good at contacting me when something is wrong

Lynn

September 13th, 2017 Palisades Park, NJ

It's too easy to press the button by accident

Virginette

September 13th, 2017 Buffalo, NY

Very fast response time and friendly to my mother. We can always count on them!

John Forrest & friend Judy Henson

September 13th, 2017 Hyattsville, MD

They respond very quickly to our needs. And,have been a life saver!