Since 1977, LifeStation has been offering medical alert devices and medical monitoring services designed by medical alert industry veterans to help seniors live independently. LifeStation makes getting emergency assistance easier for seniors who want to live in the comfort of their own home at an affordable cost. LifeStation looks after the health and well-being of older adults, giving them, as well as their family members, peace of mind knowing they will be protected with LifeStation's emergency services and medical monitoring.

Additional highlights of the company include low monthly monitoring fees ($19.95–34.95), no equipment fees, no activation fees, no contract length, and a lifetime warranty on LifeStation equipment. The medical alert company has high ratings and exceptional service, which is evidenced by a number of positive Life Station reviews below.

Click here to go straight to LifeStation customer reviews

The Good

• Low Price and No Long-Term Contracts
  • Multiple Plan Options
  • System and Warranty
  • Fastest Response time in the Industry
  • Complimentary Alert Messaging
  • 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
  • Five-Day Battery for Mobile System
  • Waterproof Alert Button
  • "Find My Loved One" Feature
  • Free Spousal Alert Monitoring
  • LifeStation Reviews
  • 1,000-Foot Range from Base Station

Low Price and No Long-Term Contracts

LifeStation has lower prices on medical alert systems than most other leading competitor medical alert companies. On top of that, there are no long-term contracts that rope customers into service for a specified period of time. With LifeStation, customers can cancel at any time without having to pay a cancellation fee. Both of these points make LifeStation a very wise financial choice.

Multiple Plan Options

LifeStation offers a variety of plans to ensure there is a choice that fits every consumer, regardless of their specific lifestyle. Whether you are regularly on the go or typically remain at your home, LifeStation has a plan to fit everyone's needs. You can also choose between monthly, quarterly, or annual billing services. Plan details for LifeStation's three main packages are below:

In-Home Landline — $19.95 per Month

This package is best for customers who most often remain at home but still want to remain independent and safe in the case of an emergency.

• Shower-safe buttons wearable as a pendant or on the wrist
  • Sensitive whole-house 2-way speakerphone
  • Optional fall detection pendant available
  • Plug compatible with landline phone jack or modem - optional Cellular System available

In-Home Cellular — $26.95 per Month

This plan is best for consumers looking for protection in their home and around their yard, as this plan has a larger range from the base station to ensure protection in the yard as well as in your home.

• 2-Way voice pendant
  • Shower-safe pendant up to 600-foot range (2 football fields)
  • Easy setup - connect to phone line and power within minutes
  • No activation or setup fees

Mobile LTE — $34.95 per Month

This package is best for consumers looking to be more active with their medical alert system and who plan to leave their homes quite often. This medical alert device is made specifically for on-the-go.

LifeStation’s Mobile LTE boasts the most advanced suite of capabilities to date in a medical alert system. Leveraging AT&T’s 4G LTE network, the nation’s fastest and most reliable system, it takes advantage of LifeStation’s award-winning monitoring center, allowing seniors to get help quickly and confidently, anywhere in the country

• Fastest, most reliable nationwide LTE Network
  • Most accurate location services, utilizing GPS and Wi-Fi
  • Fully waterproof — take it in the shower or bath with no worries
  • Longest battery life — up to five days without needing a charge

System and Warranty

LifeStation's medical alert systems are covered under a lifetime warranty. Their in-home system consists of a pendant or wristband with an emergency alert device button and a base station that is connected to their monitoring station. The base unit and emergency button work within 1,000 feet of each other. When you press the button, a Care Specialist is notified that you are having an emergency.

The base station features an enhanced speaker and voice capabilities that gives users two-way communication with a Care Specialist even if they have fallen down. For those without a traditional landline, LifeStation offers products for alternative phone service and mobile devices for seniors with active lifestyles. Read LifeStation reviews below to read about customers' experiences with different types of LifeStation alert systems.

Fastest Response Time in the Industry

LifeStation's monitoring station exceeds both national and industry standards for training and response time. It is a UL-listed and 5 Diamond Certified medical monitoring center with a strict training protocol for its personnel, starting with six weeks of formal classroom training and mandatory exams at the end of every module.

Once this training for the response center personnel is successfully completed, there is field training guided by TMA certified instructors. All new personnel receives weekly performance reviews for three months. This ensures a high standard of customer service and a quick response time.

The average LifeStation response time is 20 seconds. The company encourages its customers to do a monthly system test so they can see how quickly LifeStation responds to alerts. LifeStation systems also have check-in capabilities that allow the company to check your system each week to ensure it is communicating with the monitoring center.

Complimentary Alert Messaging

A LifeStation medical alert device also offers caregivers the option for an alert messaging service that sends automatic email notifications in the event their loved one has an emergency. It also performs a silent weekly test of the loved one's system and notifies them if the system has any issues.

30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

LifeStation features a 30-day money-back guarantee for any customer on any payment plan. This includes customers that still pay month-to-month. This can give customers peace of mind that they can test out LifeStation and get their money back if the medical alert service doesn't work for them. LifeStation is essentially risk-free, and anyone can try the service without committing to any fees or contracts.

Five-Day Battery for Mobile System

LifeStation's mobile medical alert system has an impressive battery life of up to five days, which is an upgrade from the previous 36 hours. This is considered impressively long, especially compared to other medical alert companies. Having a lengthy alarm battery life ensures the medical alert owner does not have to worry about charging the system every day and has the ability to go days without having to worry about doing so. LifeStation also replaces medical alert batteries for free so customers do not have to worry that this cost would be out of their pocket.

In the case of a power outage, LifeStation's system also has a backup battery that lasts for up to 32 hours. When your power turns back on, the battery will begin to self-charge.

Waterproof Alert Button

All of LifeStation's medical alert buttons are waterproof. This means you don't have to worry about taking off the alert device when showering, taking a bath, or during other activities that involve water. This is especially convenient since wet areas are the most fall-prone areas, so it is a major plus that you'll still have protection in these instances.

"Find My Loved One" Feature

For a limited time, LifeStation has created a "Find My Loved One" feature to go with all mobile GPS device packages. This feature allows anyone on the emergency contact list of the medical alert owner to text "Find + [medical alert owner's name]." The contact will then receive a text message with a link to the address of the loved one's location on a map.

Whether it's used as an extra safety precaution or a way to find a medical alert device if lost, this feature adds additional peace of mind and added security for medical alert owners and their loved ones. With a simple text, they can check up on their loved ones and their whereabouts at any time.

Free Spousal Alert Monitoring

If you have a spouse or another person in your home who also wants medical alert monitoring, LifeStation will provide the monitoring services completely free. The only cost the second medical alert user is responsible for is an extra help button, which is $3.99 per month.

LifeStation Reviews

LifeStation consumer reviews are overwhelmingly positive, highlighting exceptional LifeStation customer service, affordable pricing, quick response times, and quality equipment. LifeStation complaints are minimal, demonstrating a positive customer experience and awarding LifeStation a high star rating. Knowing LifeStation has reliable service and highly trained professionals can give consumers peace of mind that their loved one using the medical alert device will be taken care of.

1,000-Foot Range from Base Station

LifeStation has a 1,000-foot range from the base station for its medical alert devices. Many medical alert providers have lower ranges closer to 600 ft. A larger range gives consumers more flexibility in how far they can travel from the medical alert device base station and ensures more protection in the case of a fall or another emergency.

The Bad

Additional Fees

One way LifeStation's alert service falls short of its competitors, who offer spouse coverage at no additional charge, is by charging an additional fee of $3.99 per month for every extra alert button. Also at an extra cost is a LockBox, a bathroom and hallway alert button, and automatic fall detection, which some companies offer for free or include in the subscription fee. However, the fee is minimal and won't raise your monthly payment by a significant amount. Check out LifeStaton reviews below to see if this has proved to be a problem to past customers.

The Bottom Line

LifeStation offers both standard benefits as well as modern technological features like mobile GPS tracking technology and audible notifications, letting users know the battery needs to be recharged. LifeStation's pricing is on par with the lower to middle range of industry standards with a price-lock guarantee of one monthly rate and a 30-day money-back guarantee.

LifeStation's greatest strength lies in the industry certifications it holds, such as UL approval and TMA certified instructors to provide peace of mind. The major selling points are LifeStation's state of the art monitoring center, the automatic alerts for caregivers, and LifeStation Fall Detection. The medical alert service is known for its quality medical alert systems with high-end equipment, exceptional customer service, and affordable pricing, including a low-priced monthly fee, no activation fee, no equipment fee, and no contract length.

If you're interested in learning more about the medical alert provider, read LifeStation reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say about the company, its customer service, its equipment, and more.

View Best Medical Alert Companies

Melinda Lampke

October 19th, 2017 Latonia, KY'

My father has used it several times. He has mobility issues and his legs have gone out under him. Recently he fell and had a stroke, so he used the service to get an ambulance to his apartment. The device is easy to operate, and my dad wears the neck type device all the time. He hasn't had any problems. Every call has been answered promptly, even when we do checks once a month. Even when we felt like we were bugging customer service, they were very nice and helpful. LifeStation is a very reputable company, and I can't say enough to thank them about his life alert system.

Angela Demartini

October 19th, 2017 Sacramento, CA

I don't wear it all the time, like when I a shower or take a bath. But a little after I got it I fell, after that I decided to wear it all the time. Every time I need to call them, they answer immediately and take care of me. The fire department got here pretty fast when I needed them too. It makes me feel safe whenever I have it on.

Leonard Lane

October 19th, 2017 Fall Branch, TN'

We have tried it and they respond right away. It has been good.

Jerry Deweese

October 19th, 2017 Sylva, NC

We test the devices and necklace about once a month. We had a minor mechanical issue with it, but they were very responsive and fixed those issues. The problem was with the telephone line, but they were prompt. It works properly now.

October 19th, 2017 San Jose, CA

I bought it because it sounded like a fairly good deal. I haven't had to use it, but whenever I've had to contact customer service to make sure that the equipment works, they have been polite and nice. There's always someone there when I ring the button. It gives me comfort.

Roberta Singer

October 19th, 2017 New York, NY

I've never had to use it, though I did have to call customer service when the battery on the device ran out. They sent me another one, but it took too long to get here. Aside from that, I'm supposed to check it once a month and I think it's too loud.

Phyllis Ayers

October 19th, 2017 Lincolnton, NC

My son got this for me as a surprise after my husband passed away. I haven't had to use it, but I think it's good judging from other people's experiences.

Edward & Arelyn Rogus

October 19th, 2017 Canfield, OH

I needed some protection after all the illnesses that I had. I figured that having the one that you can wear all the time and that travels with you would be best. Especially if it was something that could reach out behind the house itself. While I haven't had an emergency where I need to use it, I take it with me anywhere so I can dial up 911 if I have to. It's my safety button and I trust it with my life.

Ronald Ellison

October 19th, 2017 Riverside, CA

My wife has used it once, when she fell down. I guess I couldn't quite hear her at first, but I heard the voice that she was talking to. Though, instead of calling me they called 911. It wasn't really an emergency, she just needed some help to get up. We like it because the wristband and the little necklace are easy to use, though she prefers the necklace part.

Tom Spinella

October 19th, 2017 Chicago, IL'

I chose it because of the price and reliability but it takes too much time to get through to an operator.

Sue Avery

October 19th, 2017 Fairport, NY

My mother hasn't had any emergency but when we test it customer service is very nice and efficient. The service seems fine.

Patricia White

October 19th, 2017 Raleigh, NC

I'm very mobile for an elderly person and I don't like that it doesn't cover me while I'm out in the yard, in the car, or going somewhere else.

Ajay Murphy

October 19th, 2017 East Taunton, MA

My mother uses the necklace piece every day and has no complaints. Whenever she uses it, things have been taken care of without issues. Customer service has always been professional and helpful, even when I called to replace things that went out.

Leon Alexander

October 19th, 2017 Glendale, CA

I've never really needed to use it, but I still carry it with me. If I'm in an accident or problem while I'm away from home, I know they can still provide me assistance. The system is not tied to a single location, so I think that's great. I pressed the button by accident once and they did send the cops. I think they were very good and handled that well. It is a nuisance that you have to plug it in constantly to recharge the batteries though. The service is relatively expensive, but if I ever need it it's extremely valuable.

David Burchfield

October 19th, 2017 Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I got it for my husband since he was home alone at the time while I worked. Customer service has been great. Our dog ate the alarm a few times but they talked to us and helped us sort it out quickly! They're very efficient and they do what they say they're goanna do.

Stanley Harris

October 19th, 2017 Axtell, TX

I got it for my in-laws after researching online. The issue we have is that we can't get them to actually use it that much. We were able to get it set up and called them to see if we got a response, which we did. They seem to be very prompt and knowledgeable about what needs to be done. The device is sensitive enough to record and report all kinds of issues. It provides a bit of comfort in regards to the security and safety of the user.

October 17th, 2017 Aurora, CO

I haven't used it yet, but the straps of the device break all the time. I've had to replace the whole unit because of that.

Beth Routzahn

October 17th, 2017 Bucyrus, OH

I just got it because my mom was falling a lot. So far it has worked.

Gerald Teeter

October 17th, 2017 Quincy, WA

I chose it because it seemed the best and I liked the feature where you can just answer the phone from the emergency button. I haven't used it for anything other than to check on it. Still, whenever I called them I got good information. I do not like the wrist band though, for a person like myself with very limited hand mobility it is very hard to put it on or take it off. It needs to have some kind of expendable wrist band so you don't have to struggle with it.

Maureen Stott

October 17th, 2017 Bountiful, UT'

My daughter set the stuff up for me. I've never had to use it, but I've talked to customer service because they wanted to make sure that it was still working.

October 17th, 2017 Siletz, OR

I got it because it has GPS and you can get that through AT&T which is the only cellphone company around. My father hasn't had to use it on purpose yet, but he has accidentally set it off a few times. They have been very kind about it. The device is pretty bulky though, I'd like it to be smaller for my father to wear.

Christina Mayes

October 17th, 2017 Utica, M

I haven't had to use it since I've been here, but I put it on when I get up and take it off when I go to bed. I haven't had any problems since I've got it. The only thing is that it's a little too heavy and I'm not crazy about the cord.

Mark Sears

October 17th, 2017 Milwaukee, WI

I just got it for my mom and fortunately she has not had to use it yet. Still, from our interactions with customer service through the purchasing process, everything seemed fine and they gave us the information we needed. The device seems to work as it was promoted. My mother's life is invaluable and because of that I appreciate the service, it's a good thing for elderly people and those with disabilities whose family members are not around to assist them.

Aino Burns

October 17th, 2017 Sebastopol, CA

My daughter got the device for me. I haven't had to use it, but it has gone off by mistake whenever I was in another town, when I went to the bank, and other places. I don't know how that happened. The device is easy to use and gives you flexibility though.

Lois Cragle

October 17th, 2017 Dallas, PA

After I fell and broke my ribs, my daughter said that I needed it so she got it for me. I have not had any emergency or reason to use it, but I have set it off a number of times. They were always very courteous and when I tell them I'm sorry and explain the situation they've been very nice about it. I have seen some of my neighbors and people that live in my senior housing area and know that they've used the service already and they always help them out. Customer service has always answered promptly and given me answers to any questions I might have. My only concern is that it's fine here in my apartment but it doesn't cover the area outside of it and a lot of accidents could happen then.

October 17th, 2017 Seal Beach, CA

I haven't had to use it, but the device is comfortable and the customer support is okay.

Jerry Ridinger

October 17th, 2017 Knoxville, TN

I got the device for my mother in law and she had it for a short time before she had to go to assisted living. She never really used it much, but customer service was always very quick. They got on the phone and answered any questions we had very rapidly. They told us exactly what to do every time we called to check on the unit and stuff. Once she moved to assisted living we had to return the device, of course, and we didn't have any problems sending it back. They just did what they said they would do.

Karl Cox

October 17th, 2017 Elk Grove, CA

We've only tested it, but the person that needs it in the house wears it whenever I'm gone. Customer service has always been very responsive and quick and the device seems to be working okay. It's good as far as I can tell.

October 17th, 2017 Wentzville, MO

My daughter insisted that I had to have it, so I did. I've never had to use it, but I know they're there for me whenever I need them.

Barbara Edwards

October 17th, 2017 Littleton, NC

We picked LifeStation because of the quality of its service and the price. It was the right thing for my elderly mother and it gave us peace of mind. We have never had an emergency when we needed to use it yet. I test it regularly though, and I always get a prompt response which makes us feel good. They are always quick, professional, and polite when responding. It's also very easy and simple for my mother to push the button and get help if she needs it.

Karen Lemaire

October 17th, 2017 Pasadena, TX

My mother uses it quite often. It does just what I needed to do and thankfully she doesn't need it that often.

Barbara Boyce

October 17th, 2017 Tazewell, VA

We've had several emergencies and accidents, but the people are always very friendly and take care of everything. My dad is 90 years old and he wears his necklace all the time. The main machine is in the middle of the house, and we have an extra button that we put in the bathroom in case my he falls. He's pretty much covered wherever he goes and it makes us feel very safe. Even when the battery is running down, we get a message abut it. It works perfect.

Joyce Erickson

October 17th, 2017 Sacramento, CA

I live alone and it's helpful to have it. I haven't really used it, though I have knocked it and set it off accidentally. When that happens they've called me and it's been great so far. I appreciate the service.

Carol Behnke

October 17th, 2017 Fond du Lac, WI'

I haven't had any trouble with it so far. It seems to work well and I don't have any trouble other than when I travel. Though I'm sure most people do. Whenever I inadvertently push it, they answer. That's the only interaction I've had with them.

James & Beatrice Tracey

October 17th, 2017 Overland Park, KS'

I haven't had any problems with them, though I haven't had an emergency where I have to use it in the 2 years that I've had it. One time our fire went out and disconnected the service from the satellite, so they called me to make sure I was ok and told me what had happened. I had to get back online, but even for the 48 hours that it was down, my LifeStation device still worked.

Tracy Martin

October 17th, 2017 Kelseyville, CA

My father uses it, but he hasn't had emergencies too often. So far he has only needed help about 4 or 5 times, but they're always on top of it. They call the ambulance and then they call me. They're a really good service.

Lorrie Roberts

October 17th, 2017 Binghamton, NY

They answer every question and if my mother ever has any problems with the button, they send her another one. They've been really good. My mother prefers the wristband, but the necklace is not as good.

Adele Morris

October 17th, 2017 St. Petersburg, FL'

It's loud, it's reliable ah it's never turned off or disappointed me. I researched several of them before I got it and I found out that one was affordable and the right set up for my household situation. When I've used it, it's an immediate response.

Wayne & Janelle Gordon

October 17th, 2017 Columbia City, IN

A couple of years ago I fell in the bathroom on two different occasions. They called EMS and they just took me to the hospital. The customer service people are very good, and we get in touch every couple of months. They are very nice and very generous people. The device works great and it doesn't take up a lot of space on your body.

Helen Wright

October 17th, 2017 Blairsville, GA

My daughter decided it was for me, since I had just turned 84 years old. I live out in the country, surrounded by woods and I'm always out there, working, picking up sticks, and doing all kinds of things. She worried that if anything happened, I wouldn't be able to call someone, so she got it for me. When I get up every morning, the first thing that I do is put it on and wear it until I go to bed. If I'm going out to town I don't take it with me because it doesn't reach that far. I haven't had any emergencies or situations where I needed to call them, but when they check in with me once a month they've always been supportive and nice. When my pendant stopped working, instead of just sending me a new battery, I received a whole pendant. Now even when I go down the steps to the basement when I use the washer and dryer, I feel more secure. I know they will respond real fast, in just a few seconds.

Paul Catasca

October 17th, 2017 Sandia Park, NM

My dad was home and no one was there at that time. He activated the system and it worked, he was actually taken to the hospital. They are always very prompt and thorough. I know the system is not perfect, but it works. Keep up the good work.

John Brady

October 17th, 2017 Clermont, FL

Usually, when I go to bed, I put it on my bed side. If I'm going out on the automobile or travel long distances, I will carry it with me. I haven't had to use it much, the one time I did I had to wait a little to get through to somebody. It wasn't a ridiculous amount of time, it was ok. One time I got a call all of a sudden. I'm still not sure why that happened, but I think it might've been a monthly call to make sure the service was working properly. The only problem I ever had was when I ordered it it took 89 days until I got it, but the service was up and running the moment I took it out of the box. I have no reason to doubt the service.

Janie Herderson

October 17th, 2017 Eupora, MS

It has been about 3 weeks since the last incident happened. I fell in my bathroom and the thing was a life saver. All I had to do was mash the button of the device on my neck. It goes everywhere you go, and I never have to worry about getting someone to help me because they will take care of me.

Vincent Carroll

October 17th, 2017 Washington, DC

We got it for our family members. We liked customer service because they answer our questions and take care of things right away. Though we've been having problems with the unit itself...

Linda Barber

October 17th, 2017 Tucson, AZ

Before I got the device, I had fallen down in our backyard and couldn't get up. My husband was in the house, and it took me a while to get his attention. After that we decided it would be best to get something like LifeStation. They were really nice when we called them to discuss their offers, the cost, and everything else, so we decided to go with them. We've tested it a few times, but we haven't had the need to use it for an emergency. Still, every time we do testing, they call us to make sure everything is ok. I know they are watching after us and check right away, I appreciate that. We feel more comfortable having it around.

June Ivey

October 17th, 2017 Euless, TX'

I wear it every day, but luckily I haven't had to use it lately. I have two buttons, one belonged to my son who recently passed away, so I kept his. I wear the string around my neck, and I wear the one on my arm sometimes. I test them once a month, and they always answer right away. Customer service people have always been perfect. Once I was doing something outside, trying to reach over and water our plants. I fell over so I punched the button and the fireman came out and treated me really well. They called me by my first name and asked me if I had hit my head and if I was hurt. Other than that, my only problem is that the thing that I have now is horribly big and bulky. They had to exchange it at first because they said the battery was dead or something. Now the wrist one is very uncomfortable. Whenever they get smaller devices for your arm, I'd love to have those.

Alan Lewis

October 17th, 2017 St Augustine, FL

I have never had to use it, but my experience with them has been very good so far. The only thing is that the device is a little bit bulky.

Marissa Marshall

October 17th, 2017 Cape May, NJ

The device is for my grandma, and so far we've never had a problem. All she has to do is call them and we get it right through. Even when the power goes out, the device can go on its own for hours. She hasn't had to use it, but it's there for her and our comfort.

Dennis Street

October 17th, 2017 Bakersville, NC

We got it for my mother since she is in her 80s. She had fallen and laid in the driveway for a while until someone found her, that was when we decided she needed it. She hasn't had more accidents after that, but it's always there in case she needs it. I've called them about 4 times and I never had any problems, they answered everything and things went ok. It's great because I'm not there all the time, so she can rely on it to contact other relatives for help.

Carole Stroemer

October 17th, 2017 Orlando, FL'

I don't really live alone, but the person that lives with me has to go and do things on occasions. That's why I have it with me. I haven't had to use it very much, maybe once or twice and had an ambulance come here on one of those occasions. I've accidentally set it off, I have one of those things that you put on the door in case somebody gets in. It has been good for me to have something like that. I test it fairly often to make sure that everything is working well. Recently we haven't had good service though. We just went through a hurricane and we lost our electricity. The battery backup wasn't enough for it to last, so we didn't really have it during that time. Other than that, I'm very happy with it.