Since 1977, LifeStation has been offering medical alert devices and medical monitoring services designed by medical alert industry veterans to help seniors live independently. LifeStation makes getting emergency assistance easier for seniors who want to live in the comfort of their own home at an affordable cost. LifeStation looks after the health and well-being of older adults, giving them, as well as their family members, peace of mind knowing they will be protected with LifeStation's emergency services and medical monitoring.

Additional highlights of the company include low monthly monitoring fees ($19.95–34.95), no equipment fees, no activation fees, no contract length, and a lifetime warranty on LifeStation equipment. The medical alert company has high ratings and exceptional service, which is evidenced by a number of positive Life Station reviews below.

Click here to go straight to LifeStation customer reviews

The Good

• Low Price and No Long-Term Contracts
  • Multiple Plan Options
  • System and Warranty
  • Fastest Response time in the Industry
  • Complimentary Alert Messaging
  • 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
  • Five-Day Battery for Mobile System
  • Waterproof Alert Button
  • "Find My Loved One" Feature
  • Free Spousal Alert Monitoring
  • LifeStation Reviews
  • 1,000-Foot Range from Base Station

Low Price and No Long-Term Contracts

LifeStation has lower prices on medical alert systems than most other leading competitor medical alert companies. On top of that, there are no long-term contracts that rope customers into service for a specified period of time. With LifeStation, customers can cancel at any time without having to pay a cancellation fee. Both of these points make LifeStation a very wise financial choice.

Multiple Plan Options

LifeStation offers a variety of plans to ensure there is a choice that fits every consumer, regardless of their specific lifestyle. Whether you are regularly on the go or typically remain at your home, LifeStation has a plan to fit everyone's needs. You can also choose between monthly, quarterly, or annual billing services. Plan details for LifeStation's three main packages are below:

In-Home Landline — $19.95 per Month

This package is best for customers who most often remain at home but still want to remain independent and safe in the case of an emergency.

• Shower-safe buttons wearable as a pendant or on the wrist
  • Sensitive whole-house 2-way speakerphone
  • Optional fall detection pendant available
  • Plug compatible with landline phone jack or modem - optional Cellular System available

In-Home Cellular — $26.95 per Month

This plan is best for consumers looking for protection in their home and around their yard, as this plan has a larger range from the base station to ensure protection in the yard as well as in your home.

• 2-Way voice pendant
  • Shower-safe pendant up to 600-foot range (2 football fields)
  • Easy setup - connect to phone line and power within minutes
  • No activation or setup fees

Mobile LTE — $34.95 per Month

This package is best for consumers looking to be more active with their medical alert system and who plan to leave their homes quite often. This medical alert device is made specifically for on-the-go.

LifeStation’s Mobile LTE boasts the most advanced suite of capabilities to date in a medical alert system. Leveraging AT&T’s 4G LTE network, the nation’s fastest and most reliable system, it takes advantage of LifeStation’s award-winning monitoring center, allowing seniors to get help quickly and confidently, anywhere in the country

• Fastest, most reliable nationwide LTE Network
  • Most accurate location services, utilizing GPS and Wi-Fi
  • Fully waterproof — take it in the shower or bath with no worries
  • Longest battery life — up to five days without needing a charge

System and Warranty

LifeStation's medical alert systems are covered under a lifetime warranty. Their in-home system consists of a pendant or wristband with an emergency alert device button and a base station that is connected to their monitoring station. The base unit and emergency button work within 1,000 feet of each other. When you press the button, a Care Specialist is notified that you are having an emergency.

The base station features an enhanced speaker and voice capabilities that gives users two-way communication with a Care Specialist even if they have fallen down. For those without a traditional landline, LifeStation offers products for alternative phone service and mobile devices for seniors with active lifestyles. Read LifeStation reviews below to read about customers' experiences with different types of LifeStation alert systems.

Fastest Response Time in the Industry

LifeStation's monitoring station exceeds both national and industry standards for training and response time. It is a UL-listed and 5 Diamond Certified medical monitoring center with a strict training protocol for its personnel, starting with six weeks of formal classroom training and mandatory exams at the end of every module.

Once this training for the response center personnel is successfully completed, there is field training guided by TMA certified instructors. All new personnel receives weekly performance reviews for three months. This ensures a high standard of customer service and a quick response time.

The average LifeStation response time is 20 seconds. The company encourages its customers to do a monthly system test so they can see how quickly LifeStation responds to alerts. LifeStation systems also have check-in capabilities that allow the company to check your system each week to ensure it is communicating with the monitoring center.

Complimentary Alert Messaging

A LifeStation medical alert device also offers caregivers the option for an alert messaging service that sends automatic email notifications in the event their loved one has an emergency. It also performs a silent weekly test of the loved one's system and notifies them if the system has any issues.

30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

LifeStation features a 30-day money-back guarantee for any customer on any payment plan. This includes customers that still pay month-to-month. This can give customers peace of mind that they can test out LifeStation and get their money back if the medical alert service doesn't work for them. LifeStation is essentially risk-free, and anyone can try the service without committing to any fees or contracts.

Five-Day Battery for Mobile System

LifeStation's mobile medical alert system has an impressive battery life of up to five days, which is an upgrade from the previous 36 hours. This is considered impressively long, especially compared to other medical alert companies. Having a lengthy alarm battery life ensures the medical alert owner does not have to worry about charging the system every day and has the ability to go days without having to worry about doing so. LifeStation also replaces medical alert batteries for free so customers do not have to worry that this cost would be out of their pocket.

In the case of a power outage, LifeStation's system also has a backup battery that lasts for up to 32 hours. When your power turns back on, the battery will begin to self-charge.

Waterproof Alert Button

All of LifeStation's medical alert buttons are waterproof. This means you don't have to worry about taking off the alert device when showering, taking a bath, or during other activities that involve water. This is especially convenient since wet areas are the most fall-prone areas, so it is a major plus that you'll still have protection in these instances.

"Find My Loved One" Feature

For a limited time, LifeStation has created a "Find My Loved One" feature to go with all mobile GPS device packages. This feature allows anyone on the emergency contact list of the medical alert owner to text "Find + [medical alert owner's name]." The contact will then receive a text message with a link to the address of the loved one's location on a map.

Whether it's used as an extra safety precaution or a way to find a medical alert device if lost, this feature adds additional peace of mind and added security for medical alert owners and their loved ones. With a simple text, they can check up on their loved ones and their whereabouts at any time.

Free Spousal Alert Monitoring

If you have a spouse or another person in your home who also wants medical alert monitoring, LifeStation will provide the monitoring services completely free. The only cost the second medical alert user is responsible for is an extra help button, which is $3.99 per month.

LifeStation Reviews

LifeStation consumer reviews are overwhelmingly positive, highlighting exceptional LifeStation customer service, affordable pricing, quick response times, and quality equipment. LifeStation complaints are minimal, demonstrating a positive customer experience and awarding LifeStation a high star rating. Knowing LifeStation has reliable service and highly trained professionals can give consumers peace of mind that their loved one using the medical alert device will be taken care of.

1,000-Foot Range from Base Station

LifeStation has a 1,000-foot range from the base station for its medical alert devices. Many medical alert providers have lower ranges closer to 600 ft. A larger range gives consumers more flexibility in how far they can travel from the medical alert device base station and ensures more protection in the case of a fall or another emergency.

The Bad

Additional Fees

One way LifeStation's alert service falls short of its competitors, who offer spouse coverage at no additional charge, is by charging an additional fee of $3.99 per month for every extra alert button. Also at an extra cost is a LockBox, a bathroom and hallway alert button, and automatic fall detection, which some companies offer for free or include in the subscription fee. However, the fee is minimal and won't raise your monthly payment by a significant amount. Check out LifeStaton reviews below to see if this has proved to be a problem to past customers.

The Bottom Line

LifeStation offers both standard benefits as well as modern technological features like mobile GPS tracking technology and audible notifications, letting users know the battery needs to be recharged. LifeStation's pricing is on par with the lower to middle range of industry standards with a price-lock guarantee of one monthly rate and a 30-day money-back guarantee.

LifeStation's greatest strength lies in the industry certifications it holds, such as UL approval and TMA certified instructors to provide peace of mind. The major selling points are LifeStation's state of the art monitoring center, the automatic alerts for caregivers, and LifeStation Fall Detection. The medical alert service is known for its quality medical alert systems with high-end equipment, exceptional customer service, and affordable pricing, including a low-priced monthly fee, no activation fee, no equipment fee, and no contract length.

If you're interested in learning more about the medical alert provider, read LifeStation reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say about the company, its customer service, its equipment, and more.

Call our recommended rep over at LifeStation below.

Adele Morris
October 17th, 2017 St. Petersburg, FL'

It's loud, it's reliable ah it's never turned off or disappointed me. I researched several of them before I got it and I found out that one was affordable and the right set up for my household situation. When I've used it, it's an immediate response.

Wayne & Janelle Gordon
October 17th, 2017 Columbia City, IN

A couple of years ago I fell in the bathroom on two different occasions. They called EMS and they just took me to the hospital. The customer service people are very good, and we get in touch every couple of months. They are very nice and very generous people. The device works great and it doesn't take up a lot of space on your body.

Helen Wright
October 17th, 2017 Blairsville, GA

My daughter decided it was for me, since I had just turned 84 years old. I live out in the country, surrounded by woods and I'm always out there, working, picking up sticks, and doing all kinds of things. She worried that if anything happened, I wouldn't be able to call someone, so she got it for me. When I get up every morning, the first thing that I do is put it on and wear it until I go to bed. If I'm going out to town I don't take it with me because it doesn't reach that far. I haven't had any emergencies or situations where I needed to call them, but when they check in with me once a month they've always been supportive and nice. When my pendant stopped working, instead of just sending me a new battery, I received a whole pendant. Now even when I go down the steps to the basement when I use the washer and dryer, I feel more secure. I know they will respond real fast, in just a few seconds.

Paul Catasca
October 17th, 2017 Sandia Park, NM

My dad was home and no one was there at that time. He activated the system and it worked, he was actually taken to the hospital. They are always very prompt and thorough. I know the system is not perfect, but it works. Keep up the good work.

John Brady
October 17th, 2017 Clermont, FL

Usually, when I go to bed, I put it on my bed side. If I'm going out on the automobile or travel long distances, I will carry it with me. I haven't had to use it much, the one time I did I had to wait a little to get through to somebody. It wasn't a ridiculous amount of time, it was ok. One time I got a call all of a sudden. I'm still not sure why that happened, but I think it might've been a monthly call to make sure the service was working properly. The only problem I ever had was when I ordered it it took 89 days until I got it, but the service was up and running the moment I took it out of the box. I have no reason to doubt the service.

Janie Herderson
October 17th, 2017 Eupora, MS

It has been about 3 weeks since the last incident happened. I fell in my bathroom and the thing was a life saver. All I had to do was mash the button of the device on my neck. It goes everywhere you go, and I never have to worry about getting someone to help me because they will take care of me.

Vincent Carroll
October 17th, 2017 Washington, DC

We got it for our family members. We liked customer service because they answer our questions and take care of things right away. Though we've been having problems with the unit itself...

Linda Barber
October 17th, 2017 Tucson, AZ

Before I got the device, I had fallen down in our backyard and couldn't get up. My husband was in the house, and it took me a while to get his attention. After that we decided it would be best to get something like LifeStation. They were really nice when we called them to discuss their offers, the cost, and everything else, so we decided to go with them. We've tested it a few times, but we haven't had the need to use it for an emergency. Still, every time we do testing, they call us to make sure everything is ok. I know they are watching after us and check right away, I appreciate that. We feel more comfortable having it around.

June Ivey
October 17th, 2017 Euless, TX'

I wear it every day, but luckily I haven't had to use it lately. I have two buttons, one belonged to my son who recently passed away, so I kept his. I wear the string around my neck, and I wear the one on my arm sometimes. I test them once a month, and they always answer right away. Customer service people have always been perfect. Once I was doing something outside, trying to reach over and water our plants. I fell over so I punched the button and the fireman came out and treated me really well. They called me by my first name and asked me if I had hit my head and if I was hurt. Other than that, my only problem is that the thing that I have now is horribly big and bulky. They had to exchange it at first because they said the battery was dead or something. Now the wrist one is very uncomfortable. Whenever they get smaller devices for your arm, I'd love to have those.

Alan Lewis
October 17th, 2017 St Augustine, FL

I have never had to use it, but my experience with them has been very good so far. The only thing is that the device is a little bit bulky.

Marissa Marshall
October 17th, 2017 Cape May, NJ

The device is for my grandma, and so far we've never had a problem. All she has to do is call them and we get it right through. Even when the power goes out, the device can go on its own for hours. She hasn't had to use it, but it's there for her and our comfort.

Dennis Street
October 17th, 2017 Bakersville, NC

We got it for my mother since she is in her 80s. She had fallen and laid in the driveway for a while until someone found her, that was when we decided she needed it. She hasn't had more accidents after that, but it's always there in case she needs it. I've called them about 4 times and I never had any problems, they answered everything and things went ok. It's great because I'm not there all the time, so she can rely on it to contact other relatives for help.

Gina Ferland
October 17th, 2017 Youngstown, FL

I've actually purchased it for my father. He uses it around the clock. They typically answer within 20 seconds of an issue. The only thing is that we had a monitor that was not always reliable.

Carole Stroemer
October 17th, 2017 Orlando, FL'

I don't really live alone, but the person that lives with me has to go and do things on occasions. That's why I have it with me. I haven't had to use it very much, maybe once or twice and had an ambulance come here on one of those occasions. I've accidentally set it off, I have one of those things that you put on the door in case somebody gets in. It has been good for me to have something like that. I test it fairly often to make sure that everything is working well. Recently we haven't had good service though. We just went through a hurricane and we lost our electricity. The battery backup wasn't enough for it to last, so we didn't really have it during that time. Other than that, I'm very happy with it.

Glen Knotts
October 17th, 2017 Poulsbo, WA

I've been very happy with it. My husband uses it, and we've never had an emergency, but he has set it off by mistake a couple of times. They have been very nice about that, and anytime I had a problem they helped me with it. I like that they have a GPS, because that way my husband is not stuck at home, he can go out more with the dogs this way.

Kourosh Bral
October 17th, 2017 Woodland Hills, CA

The service is for my Mom, so whenever she gets into a situation where she cannot help herself, she activates the device. They get back to my Mom within seconds and they take care of it right away. I'm completely satisfied.

Jon Nelson
October 17th, 2017 Watertown, WI

We got it for my mother. We're close enough, and she's healthy enough, that she hasn't had tot use it, she just wears the bracelet. She does need to test it again, but she has been doing fine. As for customer service, they have been good. Every time I had a question and call them, I got a really good response right away. When we do test the system it works well and it's very responsive. I'm glad it's here.

Cindy Shelton
October 17th, 2017 Danville, VA

My mother has used it when she fell at her house. She pushed the button and the emergency crew was there immediately. They check up with you and make sure that everything is working fine. If you push the button and you need them, they're right there. The device is easy to use, the necklace is very convenient, and she can wear it just fine. It has made me feel comfortable with my parents being home alone. I know that they have access to help any time.

Wilma Moore
October 17th, 2017 Indianapolis, IN

My mother hasn't had to use it yet, though there were a couple of times that it went off when she didn't need it. The only thing is that I wish that the bracelet or the necklace were made a little better. My mom actually has the watch and I guess it's pretty easy to use and it serves the purpose.

Cynthia Stabinsky
October 17th, 2017 Boca Raton, FL

We got it for my mother and she actually used it 3 months ago. Her aide wasn't with her that day when she blacked out, fell, and broke her hip. She couldn't move, so she hit the panic button and they contacted me and 911. They've been fantastic and very prompt. It was god send when they sent that ambulance there.

October 17th, 2017 Westminster, CO

I got it because Kaiser recommended that for their patients. I thought that, since they did that, the product was probably really good. I haven't had to use it, but I call once a month or so to make sure it's working. Every time I've called them, they've been very nice, polite, and friendly. It gives me peace of mind and makes me feel like I'm secure.

Beverly Probert
October 17th, 2017 Pleasanton, CA'

The service came from my health plan with Kaiser. They had everything I needed, so I went with them. I don't use it everyday, but I've fallen outside of my house. The only problem when that happened was that they called my contacts first before they called the ambulance. I had to press it again, you know, my kids and my contacts were all busy, so I laid there for quite a while. Other than that, they took care of me. I'd like them to get my lost box back at me though.

Harvey Salevski
October 17th, 2017 Mukwonago, WI

The person that uses it in the house has been able to use it twice without problems. They had an immediate response, no wait time or anything. They just got a call right back and contacted the appropriate people. The device is easy to use and the person that uses it is comfortable with it.

Tiffany Williams
October 17th, 2017 Farmersville, OH

My grandma had to use it once when she was very sick. She fell and that was a lifesaver for her. It has definitely been very handy and they have been immediately helpful. Everyone in customer service has been very friendly, and they do everything they say they're gonna do. It has allowed her to stay home alone for longer and be independent.

Verna Viebrock
October 17th, 2017 Harlingen, TX

I haven't had to use it yet, but I've set it off accidentally. Within a few seconds I receive a response from them and the police department. They always ask me if I'm alright and if I need help. They do a very good job at handling anything that I have problems with, and they're very quick too.

Joseph Harden
October 17th, 2017 Hamilton, GA

My aunt is 88 years old and she's all by herself. She has fallen at night a couple of times and she has had to activate it. They always come and help her get back up. I haven't had to deal with customer service other than when she activates the alarm and they call me. It seems to work fine, and the service is good. The only thing is that she has had the same device with the same battery for 2 years, and since she doesn't test it I don't know if it still works. But other than that it gives me peace of mind and gives my aunt safety. They are very dependable and they seem to be doing a good job.

K. Nemeth
October 17th, 2017 Cincinnati, OH

I can't speak much for my mother, who is the one using it. I ordered the thing for her because she lives in Canada and she got it. She has used the service before when she fell. She pressed the button and had a squad come out and help her when she couldn't reach her phone. They all seem to be very responsive, helpful, and pleasant on the phone. We don't have to wait a long time to talk to them, and most of the time they answer my questions right away.

Dorothy W Webb
October 17th, 2017 Lady Lake, FL

I chose them at first because they were the most considerate and helpful. I haven't had to use them yet, thank goodness, but it's good to know that they're there for me. We have tested the device on different rooms to check the range of the device. It has worked alright and they were all very helpful.

MM
October 17th, 2017 Marion, NC

I haven't used it much, but I've accidentally set it off a couple of times. I got a response right away, so I'd have to say that their response is very good.

May Ismach
October 17th, 2017 Brooklyn, NY

The service was recommended by a friend. I haven't had an emergency when I needed to use it, but if I push the button they'll answer me immediately. They have been very courteous and do things quickly and properly. The service works fine.

Sarah Kerns
October 17th, 2017 Redford Charter Twp, MI

They're very quick to respond and they call the family. It works effectively.

Volta Perkins
October 17th, 2017 Chicago, IL

I have an elderly mother who's 94, and I'm a football couch. Since I'm in and out of the house, I wanted to make sure that she could be taken care of even when I'm not in the house. It's pretty good.

Paul Gordon
October 17th, 2017 Lincoln, NE

I've gotten a lot of good use out of my machine. I've had it for about 5 or 6 months and I think I've used it about 4 or 5 times, but I've never been on the floor for 68 hours and that's quite remarkable. Usually I just wear the device around my neck, take it off to charge it and that's it. When I do fall, it's nice that you can push a button and they'll call the ambulance, my wife, or someone who can help me. The people who answer the phone are always kind. They call you by your name, ask you if there's anything wrong, and they are always there for me. It doesn't matter if it's 2 o'clock in the morning. I found myself on the floor at that time once. I had gotten up to get some water and take my medicine. I fell and tried to yell for my wife, but I didn't want to wake the whole house so I just called the person with the device and the operator that responded called my wife. Otherwise I would've had to lay on the floor all night. It was quite comforting to have something that I could use to communicate with them. I think that the basic design of the system is a lot better than what it was before. I've had no disappointments of any type since I've got it. Sometimes it does take longer to get a hold of someone, but after 5 or 6 second they're always there.

October 17th, 2017 St. Louis, MO

My husband did a lot of research and LifeStation seemed to be the best for what we needed. It's pretty easy for my father in law to use it, and he keeps it with him. One time he got really ill and had to use the device to call us. They were able to send out an ambulance and my sister in law was called about it. It all went the way it was supposed to. They seem to be very coordinated and knew what they were doing.

Steve Stackhouse
October 17th, 2017 Black Mountain, NC

I got it for my mother because I liked some of the special features they have. Since we got it, she hasn't had an emergency that requires her to use it, but it's there if she needs it. I think it's very well designed and that they are a good company.

Frank Mc Coy
October 17th, 2017 Kansas City, MO

The device is for my Mom, she's 88 years old and very unstable. She has fallen a couple of times and has been able to push the button and contact them. Since she's in assisted living, they contact the nurse station who goes and checks on her. They also contact me to let me know something happened. Every time she falls she has been able to push the button and alert someone. So far we're very satisfied, but I think there's still room for improvement. I'm not sure where, but I'm sure they can.

Philip Barnett
October 17th, 2017 Scottsdale, AZ

LifeStation saved my life once. I dislocated my hip in my bathroom, and both my cellphone and land line were out f reach. I couldn't move at all, it was really painful, so I pressed the thing on my wrist and they called me. Even though my television was on, I heard them calling and they were able to hear me too. If I hadn't had that thing, I would literally have died of starvation. I would've been on the bathroom floor for 4-5 days and no one would've been able to hear me. It's a lifesaver. The only problem I ever had with them was after I moved into a different apartment. I had to reset it and I tried to do it over the phone. I called them twice, both times taking 40 minutes without solving the issue. A computer expert came by and he fixed that in 10 seconds. Other than that, it has been a blessing.

Elaine Thomas
October 13th, 2017 Somerset, NJ

Lifestation is the best of the best and a definite Life Saver. My loved one would have died if it had not been for there quick response to a bad fall by my loved one. Thank you so much!

Patricia M.
October 9th, 2017 Rohnert Park, CA

Advertised as $25.95 a month, was charged $371 for a year which is $30.91 a month. Call was placed to return product due to life changes and was informed could not be returned for credit. Decided I had to keep it and requested a necklace to use in daytime and I would keep bracelet. Was told $60 would be credited to my card and a necklace would be sent to me. Neither happened. I decided to return the machine anyway. After providing this info to caller, company returned money that was for the time that I did not keep the product.

Domino
October 9th, 2017 Chino Hills, CA

Very dependable,they go out of the way to answer any questions, I believe they will there for my mom if ever needed.

windalin
October 9th, 2017 New York, NY

responsive whenever something goes wrong with the equipment

A. Gary Dielissen
October 2nd, 2017 Castro Valley, CA

Response has been excellent, monthly rate is fair , like the GPS system available, easy to set up and use.

Barbara Weir
October 2nd, 2017 Windsor, CA

very responsive with easy to use information and device - except hide a key lock is difficult to open. Haven't been using it.

Barbara Moss
October 2nd, 2017 Amarillo, TX

Response time is WAY too slow. The phone will "ring" about 4 times (I'm told it's looking for a signal with those rings), then another 7 or 8 rings before a human answers! I could be dying by then. I'm very disappointed with the time involved. The only reason I'm keeping the system and not depending on calling 911 myself.....is because the LifeStation works away from my home and I probably wouldn't have my phone with me.

Bolder
October 2nd, 2017 Concord, NC

It gives me comfort to know that my grandmother is safe. Her machine is tested every month and it makes her feel safe.

E
October 2nd, 2017 Carpentersville, IL

rEACH IS NOT AS FAR AS IT SAYS

Don't know a name
October 2nd, 2017 Plano, TX

Attentive customer service, peace of mind for me and my family

John McLaughlin
October 2nd, 2017 Kensington, MD

The only concern I have is that my husband might not have the presence of mind to turn on the mobile device and wait to hit the button.

Lea
October 2nd, 2017 New York, NY

Button is extremely sensitive and my mom sets it off when moving it.

Nan