Since 1977, LifeStation has been offering medical alert devices and medical monitoring services designed by medical alert industry veterans to help seniors live independently. LifeStation makes getting emergency assistance easier for seniors who want to live in the comfort of their own home at an affordable cost. LifeStation looks after the health and well-being of older adults, giving them, as well as their family members, peace of mind knowing they will be protected with LifeStation's emergency services and medical monitoring.

Additional highlights of the company include low monthly monitoring fees ($19.95–34.95), no equipment fees, no activation fees, no contract length, and a lifetime warranty on LifeStation equipment. The medical alert company has high ratings and exceptional service, which is evidenced by a number of positive Life Station reviews below.

Click here to go straight to LifeStation customer reviews

The Good

• Low Price and No Long-Term Contracts
  • Multiple Plan Options
  • System and Warranty
  • Fastest Response time in the Industry
  • Complimentary Alert Messaging
  • 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
  • Five-Day Battery for Mobile System
  • Waterproof Alert Button
  • "Find My Loved One" Feature
  • Free Spousal Alert Monitoring
  • LifeStation Reviews
  • 1,000-Foot Range from Base Station

Low Price and No Long-Term Contracts

LifeStation has lower prices on medical alert systems than most other leading competitor medical alert companies. On top of that, there are no long-term contracts that rope customers into service for a specified period of time. With LifeStation, customers can cancel at any time without having to pay a cancellation fee. Both of these points make LifeStation a very wise financial choice.

Multiple Plan Options

LifeStation offers a variety of plans to ensure there is a choice that fits every consumer, regardless of their specific lifestyle. Whether you are regularly on the go or typically remain at your home, LifeStation has a plan to fit everyone's needs. You can also choose between monthly, quarterly, or annual billing services. Plan details for LifeStation's three main packages are below:

In-Home Landline — $19.95 per Month

This package is best for customers who most often remain at home but still want to remain independent and safe in the case of an emergency.

• Shower-safe buttons wearable as a pendant or on the wrist
  • Sensitive whole-house 2-way speakerphone
  • Optional fall detection pendant available
  • Plug compatible with landline phone jack or modem - optional Cellular System available

In-Home Cellular — $26.95 per Month

This plan is best for consumers looking for protection in their home and around their yard, as this plan has a larger range from the base station to ensure protection in the yard as well as in your home.

• 2-Way voice pendant
  • Shower-safe pendant up to 600-foot range (2 football fields)
  • Easy setup - connect to phone line and power within minutes
  • No activation or setup fees

Mobile LTE — $34.95 per Month

This package is best for consumers looking to be more active with their medical alert system and who plan to leave their homes quite often. This medical alert device is made specifically for on-the-go.

LifeStation’s Mobile LTE boasts the most advanced suite of capabilities to date in a medical alert system. Leveraging AT&T’s 4G LTE network, the nation’s fastest and most reliable system, it takes advantage of LifeStation’s award-winning monitoring center, allowing seniors to get help quickly and confidently, anywhere in the country

• Fastest, most reliable nationwide LTE Network
  • Most accurate location services, utilizing GPS and Wi-Fi
  • Fully waterproof — take it in the shower or bath with no worries
  • Longest battery life — up to five days without needing a charge

System and Warranty

LifeStation's medical alert systems are covered under a lifetime warranty. Their in-home system consists of a pendant or wristband with an emergency alert device button and a base station that is connected to their monitoring station. The base unit and emergency button work within 1,000 feet of each other. When you press the button, a Care Specialist is notified that you are having an emergency.

The base station features an enhanced speaker and voice capabilities that gives users two-way communication with a Care Specialist even if they have fallen down. For those without a traditional landline, LifeStation offers products for alternative phone service and mobile devices for seniors with active lifestyles. Read LifeStation reviews below to read about customers' experiences with different types of LifeStation alert systems.

Fastest Response Time in the Industry

LifeStation's monitoring station exceeds both national and industry standards for training and response time. It is a UL-listed and 5 Diamond Certified medical monitoring center with a strict training protocol for its personnel, starting with six weeks of formal classroom training and mandatory exams at the end of every module.

Once this training for the response center personnel is successfully completed, there is field training guided by TMA certified instructors. All new personnel receives weekly performance reviews for three months. This ensures a high standard of customer service and a quick response time.

The average LifeStation response time is 20 seconds. The company encourages its customers to do a monthly system test so they can see how quickly LifeStation responds to alerts. LifeStation systems also have check-in capabilities that allow the company to check your system each week to ensure it is communicating with the monitoring center.

Complimentary Alert Messaging

A LifeStation medical alert device also offers caregivers the option for an alert messaging service that sends automatic email notifications in the event their loved one has an emergency. It also performs a silent weekly test of the loved one's system and notifies them if the system has any issues.

30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

LifeStation features a 30-day money-back guarantee for any customer on any payment plan. This includes customers that still pay month-to-month. This can give customers peace of mind that they can test out LifeStation and get their money back if the medical alert service doesn't work for them. LifeStation is essentially risk-free, and anyone can try the service without committing to any fees or contracts.

Five-Day Battery for Mobile System

LifeStation's mobile medical alert system has an impressive battery life of up to five days, which is an upgrade from the previous 36 hours. This is considered impressively long, especially compared to other medical alert companies. Having a lengthy alarm battery life ensures the medical alert owner does not have to worry about charging the system every day and has the ability to go days without having to worry about doing so. LifeStation also replaces medical alert batteries for free so customers do not have to worry that this cost would be out of their pocket.

In the case of a power outage, LifeStation's system also has a backup battery that lasts for up to 32 hours. When your power turns back on, the battery will begin to self-charge.

Waterproof Alert Button

All of LifeStation's medical alert buttons are waterproof. This means you don't have to worry about taking off the alert device when showering, taking a bath, or during other activities that involve water. This is especially convenient since wet areas are the most fall-prone areas, so it is a major plus that you'll still have protection in these instances.

"Find My Loved One" Feature

For a limited time, LifeStation has created a "Find My Loved One" feature to go with all mobile GPS device packages. This feature allows anyone on the emergency contact list of the medical alert owner to text "Find + [medical alert owner's name]." The contact will then receive a text message with a link to the address of the loved one's location on a map.

Whether it's used as an extra safety precaution or a way to find a medical alert device if lost, this feature adds additional peace of mind and added security for medical alert owners and their loved ones. With a simple text, they can check up on their loved ones and their whereabouts at any time.

Free Spousal Alert Monitoring

If you have a spouse or another person in your home who also wants medical alert monitoring, LifeStation will provide the monitoring services completely free. The only cost the second medical alert user is responsible for is an extra help button, which is $3.99 per month.

LifeStation Reviews

LifeStation consumer reviews are overwhelmingly positive, highlighting exceptional LifeStation customer service, affordable pricing, quick response times, and quality equipment. LifeStation complaints are minimal, demonstrating a positive customer experience and awarding LifeStation a high star rating. Knowing LifeStation has reliable service and highly trained professionals can give consumers peace of mind that their loved one using the medical alert device will be taken care of.

1,000-Foot Range from Base Station

LifeStation has a 1,000-foot range from the base station for its medical alert devices. Many medical alert providers have lower ranges closer to 600 ft. A larger range gives consumers more flexibility in how far they can travel from the medical alert device base station and ensures more protection in the case of a fall or another emergency.

The Bad

Additional Fees

One way LifeStation's alert service falls short of its competitors, who offer spouse coverage at no additional charge, is by charging an additional fee of $3.99 per month for every extra alert button. Also at an extra cost is a LockBox, a bathroom and hallway alert button, and automatic fall detection, which some companies offer for free or include in the subscription fee. However, the fee is minimal and won't raise your monthly payment by a significant amount. Check out LifeStaton reviews below to see if this has proved to be a problem to past customers.

The Bottom Line

LifeStation offers both standard benefits as well as modern technological features like mobile GPS tracking technology and audible notifications, letting users know the battery needs to be recharged. LifeStation's pricing is on par with the lower to middle range of industry standards with a price-lock guarantee of one monthly rate and a 30-day money-back guarantee.

LifeStation's greatest strength lies in the industry certifications it holds, such as UL approval and TMA certified instructors to provide peace of mind. The major selling points are LifeStation's state of the art monitoring center, the automatic alerts for caregivers, and LifeStation Fall Detection. The medical alert service is known for its quality medical alert systems with high-end equipment, exceptional customer service, and affordable pricing, including a low-priced monthly fee, no activation fee, no equipment fee, and no contract length.

If you're interested in learning more about the medical alert provider, read LifeStation reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say about the company, its customer service, its equipment, and more.

Barbara Tessarolo
October 25th, 2017 Bloomingdale, IL DETAILS

I got it because I needed to have one that I could wear in the house and take with me in the shower. Thankfully I haven't had to use it. There have been a couple of times where the monitor has gone off and I didn't know why. They were very helpful in clearing those things up though. I haven't had any problems with it and I feel very safe having. When I bought they gave me a couple of different prices. When I talked to a gentleman on the phone he told me it would be something like 32 dollars a month, but that if I paid for a year it'd be less. It was a bit confusing.

Cynthia H Lancaster
October 25th, 2017 Sunflower, MS' DETAILS

We got it for my mother because of the price. Anytime we had a problem or something went wrong with the device, we always got an immediate response from them. We enjoyed using it for the peer we had.

Doyle Burns
October 25th, 2017 Sacramento, CA DETAILS

I've been lucky in that all I've had to push the button for is testing. I find it very efficient and there's a comfort to having it. I know that it's there for me.

Carolyn Amador
October 25th, 2017 Roseville, CA' DETAILS

We have never had to use it, but we make sure that it's working. It seems to work ok.

Maria Sanchez
October 25th, 2017 Greeley, CO DETAILS

We actually got it for my mom. We switched from another service that was charging us two and a half times what they should in a month. She has never used it, but I feel comfortable with her having it. I don't know how she feels about it since she has had many falls but never used it. I think that in her mind, since she's 94 years old, she thinks that if she uses the device someone will come to help her, put her in an ambulance and then send her to a nursing home. Still, she has had my brother help her and, whenever she falls, she tries to get herself to a place where she can get up or call us for help. Still, it gives me some peace of mind to know that if some emergency ever happens, she will ask for some help. I'm happy with the price and I think they're a pretty good company.

Patty Aveni
October 25th, 2017 Richfield, WI DETAILS

We picked it because of the price and when the person using it had an emergency they responded well to her call.

Nancy Souers
October 25th, 2017 Upland, IN DETAILS

We had problems with the machine we got for our mother, but customer service took care of it immediately. The device helps us know that she's safe and that if she needs help, she'll have it right away.

Sean Martell
October 25th, 2017 Forest Hills, NY DETAILS

My mother just wears it all the time, though I think they could make the device a little smaller and weight a little less. She hasn't had to use it yet, but we haven't had any issues.

Karen Bell
October 25th, 2017 Riverside, CA DETAILS

My niece got it for me since they were concerned about me. They wanted me to have some way to notify or call for help if I ever fell. So far I haven't had to use it, but I've pressed the button by accident and they've responded very well and immediately. They've been there for me right away. Other than that, I haven't really had to talk much with them. They contacted me when the battery of the neck piece I wear was going off. They notified and got me a new one without any interruption of the service. On an occasion, early in the morning, I woke up and heard a voice coming from the family room. I thought it was the TV until I got a call from LifeStation. Apparently I had accidentally set it off since I wear it on my neck all the time. They contacted me and settled things right away.

Terry Cormier
October 25th, 2017 Inverness, FL DETAILS

I liked that it has GPS capabilities, though the device goes off when it doesn't need to. For instance, it goes off whenever I get off my horse because it thinks I've fallen. Because of that I just stopped wearing it completely. Still, whenever that happened, they call back immediately and have been very responsive. On an occasion they actually sent an ambulance, but they sent it to my home when I was in a different location.

October 25th, 2017 Corte Madera, CA DETAILS

It has been very good overall. I haven't had to use it yet, but I do the testing once a month. Customer service has been good about responding to any technical things that might come up. My only concern right now is the battery on the watch. I know that a friend of mine had hers go out within two years, so I don't know what to expect of my equipment.

D.C. or Anonymous
October 25th, 2017 Walnut Grove, CA DETAILS

My wife and daughter got together and decided I needed it because I kept falling down. My daughter got me the telephone kind so that if I'm out of the house I can push the button so they can find me. When I fell down, I pushed the button until someone came on and yelled at me so I yelled back. They sent 911 to get me and they spotted me pretty quickly. I do think it has a limited range. It works in the house but it doesn't go further out, so if I am on the street or a door up it wouldn't work.

October 25th, 2017 Westminster, CO DETAILS

I've never had to use it, but there have been occasions when I've called them. Whenever I had questions, or when I needed help registering my neck locket, I would give them a call. It would take them quite a while to get things done though.

Jackie Bohlig
October 25th, 2017 Little Falls, MN DETAILS

My son decided to get it after my husband died. The only time I've had to use it was when I pushed the button to check the battery, otherwise thank God I have not had to use it. Customer service always answers the phone very quickly. I'm not sure how far from the house I can go with it and have it still work though.

Joan Bauman
October 25th, 2017 Sherman Oaks, CA DETAILS

I am a Kaiser member and I saw it advertised, so I decided to go with them, especially because I didn't need to sign a contract. I haven't had to use it, but it has gone off by mistake. Those times they answered right away.

Ann Oswalt
October 25th, 2017 Visalia, CA DETAILS

I have COPD, asthma, and recently I found out I had congestive heart failure. On top of that, my lungs are failing. Because of all of this, my granddaughter decided I needed this since I live alone. It's now a necessity for my life. I just wear the thing around my neck every day, twenty four hours a day, seven days a week. I haven't had to use it yet, but I'll probably need it soon. It has gone off on its own when the electricity went out, but that's to be expected.

Michele L Camacho
October 25th, 2017 Mountainair, NM DETAILS

I went through the buying process with my insurance and they helped me set things up. I have not used it for emergencies, however I have accidentally pushed the button more times than I care to admit. I'll be moving or cleaning and I'll hit the button. Still, every time that happens they call me and make me feel comfortable. They always assure me that this happens all the time and just make sure I'm ok. They are very prompt and come on the phone immediately. If I were ever in a situation where I needed it I know that they would be there on the line for me. I've enjoyed my experience with them.

Kathy Helm
October 25th, 2017 Marion, IN DETAILS

We have not had to use it, we've just done our check and they do respond quickly. They respond well, the device is easy to use and not complicated.

Bernard Collier
October 25th, 2017 Seagoville, TX DETAILS

We have not had any medical emergencies yet, but I have done the testing for my mother. It's always loud and clear, and the person calling has been helpful. My mother uses the necklace every day and it's comfortable. It looks nice and it's not too distracting. It is a good fit. We have considered using the monitor but so far we haven't needed it. If there was an emergency, I feel like they would be able to help my mom in an emergency.

Ivan Iniguez
October 19th, 2017 Tucson, AZ'

I got the service for my parents and they've only had it for a few months. They haven't had any issues, but I think my dad pushed the button accidentally a few times. Meds have showed up on some of those occasions, so I know the service works. As long as the batteries and connection work, they're good to go. I also like that they provide the ability to order a special lock to store keys for the responders to get in. It's a bit more money, but it's a nice feature. As for the device itself, even though it works fine, it looks like it's kind of aged, as if it was an older model. What a pay a month is not bad, though I'd like it if they offered some kind of discount or help for families with lower income. I know it's a competitive market, but it would help us and them in getting more customers.

Bennie Mcmillan
October 19th, 2017 Lubbock, TX

I've fallen several times in my home, but all I have to do is press the button and they come out right away. They help me and call my family, EMS, or both. The device is very easy to use and they answer immediately. It has been really helpful, since they're a constant connection with somebody that can help me.

Richard Marchand
October 19th, 2017 Novato, CA

It was recommended by Kaiser cellphone so I got it. I haven't had an emergency but I wear it day and night just in case.

Bruce Reed
October 19th, 2017 Avondale, AZ

It's a reasonable price and I can just wear it around my neck almost 24 hours a day, even when I go to sleep.

Mary Homan
October 19th, 2017 Allentown, NJ'

We haven't had to use it yet, thank god. We got some more products that we don't need, like the door lock thing. We never ordered that and I'd like to know how we can return it.

Bryan Turner
October 19th, 2017 Portland, OR'

I got it since it was recommended by Kaiser medical. Normally I have it on my wrist, but unless there's an emergency I don't activate it. The response team is very alert though. Whenever I have accidentally activated the device, they have responded immediately. They have responded to every inquiry I had and have been very polite, responsive, and competent. I do think that the device could be better. The velcro that you use to strap the wrist unit gives out in about 3 months and then you need to replace it. It would also be nice if they made the button recede further into the device so that it is harder to push it accidentally.

Lee Rosenzweig
October 19th, 2017 Allentown, PA

My daughter got it for me 'cause she thought I needed it. I haven't used it, but I've bumped it accidentally and they called me immediately to make sure I was ok. They were very efficient and nice even though it had been a mistake.

October 19th, 2017 Portland, OR

My daughter in law got it some two years ago when I was moved to Portland. I was in my 80s then and they got me a condo to live on my own. Because of that, they decided I should have some kind of alert system in case I fell or something. Though, I don't know if I would've picked LifeStation if it had been up to me. One of the problems I have is with the lock that they give you so that the emergency people can come in. You see, there are two doors to get through if you want to get all the way into my condo. The lock thing is already installed for my own door, they did all that while I was gone, but if the emergency people want to get to my door they need to be let in to the condo area first. There's no lock for that. I called them and asked them what would happen if there was an emergency, and they said they would have to ring all the doorbells to be let in. That's no good though, all the people here are elderly and it wouldn't work on an emergency. I'll have to get another lock box for that, but I don't know if there's an extra charge or how that would go. On top of that I also think they take a while before they answer, though I'm not sure if that's how all the medical alert systems are. The necklace also bumps into things very easily and goes off, I don't like that.

Edward Marks
October 19th, 2017 Willow Grove, PA'

Thanks heaven we haven't had an emergency when we had to use it. We have pressed the button to see that it's still functioning though. Sometimes when we test it I find the response is not as fast as we would like it to be. They said it was something about this year, but I think they should have more people there because if we need help, we need it immediately. We can't wait while they're attending other people's calls.

Raymond & Susan Rudd
October 19th, 2017 Arroyo Grande, CA

I haven't had to use it for anything, though I just accidentally set off the alarm. Customer service is always very helpful and the device is easy to use.

October 19th, 2017 Granite Bay, CA

Kaiser recommended it for my aunt since she's a patient, so we got it. We haven't needed it for an emergency, we've only tested it, but it seems to take them a while to answer the phone. Other than that, everybody has been friendly. When we needed to replace the device, it was done in a timely manner.

Jean Rotter
October 19th, 2017 Terrebonne, OR

Thank God I have it with me. I fell in my yard in July and had to call the ambulance with the wristband I have. I had two broken vertebrates but the ambulance came to get me and it was ok.

Karen Martin
October 19th, 2017 Locust Grove, VA

I got it for my brother-in-law since he can't get around no more. He wears it around his neck. He hasn't had to use it yet, but it's just safe to have it and know that somebody could come to the rescue if he needs it.

Jan Cimorelli
October 19th, 2017 Schaumburg, IL

I got it for my mother because they have 24/7 support, plus they gave me a good deal with the equipment. The person I spoke to was very knowledgeable. Setting the system up was fairly easy. My mother has hit the button twice accidentally, but they've responded right away and called me. We haven't had any emergencies, but so far we're very happy with it.

Peggy Cody
October 19th, 2017 Oklahoma City, OK'

We've only used it for testing. We've had a little bit of contact, but they have been very courteous.

Nancy Boerup
October 19th, 2017 Augusta, KS

It has worked out fine. On an occasion, I had fallen and couldn't get up but I had that. It brings me the security I need since I live alone.

Colleen Bungard
October 19th, 2017 Rice Lake, WI

Thank God, we haven't had to use it yet. When we do tests they answer and so far it has been doing what it is supposed to do. I am concerned about the part that rides around in my mom's car. I feel like the instructions are kind of hard to understand, I actually needed to rewrite them and tape them to the car. The print was too small and it was really dark in there, she needed it to be bigger for it to be easy to read. I just hope that it's worth it for when she's out and about. It's a security blanket for us, since she lives alone.

Beverly J Wasdorp
October 19th, 2017 Coarsegold, CA'

LifeStation has been perfect. I haven't had to use it for emergencies, but I've tested it before. It does take them too long to answer. You have to buzz at least 5 times before anybody answers, I could be dead by then. It's nice to have it though, it's comforting to know that I have it.

October 19th, 2017 Houston, TX

I've used it when I fell. They called and asked what was wrong. The equipment works ok. The only thing I would change is make the chain or necklace a little shorter.

William Bradbury
October 19th, 2017 Giddings, TX'

Fortunately we haven't had a situation when we needed to use it. We did test it and they responded really quickly. My only complain is that I hoped that the unit would work just fine in our home. We had a fairly small home, about two thousand square feet, and we had it in the bedroom. Out there, in the living room, it doesn't really work. If the device goes off and activates, there's no way they can hear me. I don't think I could hear them either to be honest. I wish there was some external speaker or some other remote way to have that be better. Other than that, we're happy with it.

Judy Kraus
October 19th, 2017 Tucson, AZ

I got LifeStation because it was the most cost effective and did what they were supposed to do. I haven't had to use it, but I've accidentally set it off a couple of times and they've called back real quick. The only thing is that the little pendant thing seems kind of cheap, it doesn't look like it's waterproof.

Mary Mahar
October 19th, 2017 Cohoes, NY

It provides everything I needed, including monitoring for my mother if she falls. She uses it all day long and hasn't needed to use it. She only activated it once by mistake, thank God. They have been very kind to my mother. The only thing is that the device is so sensitive that my mother sets it off accidentally.

Pennie Bagwell
October 19th, 2017 Oakley, CA

We haven't had to use it for an emergency, but my mom has used it to test the system. They have been very responsive when we get them on the phone, and they always wish you a good day. They're very polite and friendly. It works well for my mom, she can use it anywhere in the house.

Stuart Kessler
October 19th, 2017 Lake Worth, FL

The service covers my needs, that's why I got it. Every month or every 2 months, I call to have it tested. The waiting time is a bit long, which makes me wonder how long it will take to get to them if there's an emergency. Thank God I haven't had to use it yet.

Rose Wilkins
October 19th, 2017 Philadelphia, PA

The only time that I've had to use it was to test it and they answered within a couple of minutes. I haven't had to use it for an emergency yet though.

Rich Mandel
October 19th, 2017 Silver Spring, MD

My mom is the person that uses it. She has had to use it before and the EMT responded very quickly. Whenever she had false alarms, there was always a prompt response. It provides us the service that we need at a reasonable cost.

Doretta Thomsen
October 19th, 2017 San Ramon, CA

I only had one experience when I needed to use it. The woman that time was very kind and stayed on the phone with me until the paramedics showed up. Fortunately, I haven't had that much need for it. If I ever do, I just have to push the panic button wherever I am. I'm very happy with that. I do wish it was a little less heavy, but it's extremely valuable, especially because you can't put a price on saving your life.

Cheryl Mccuin
October 19th, 2017 San Antonio, TX

I bought the service for my dad. He lives on his own and he had to use it about 3 months ago. The response was immediate and the service was great. The device is easy for my dad to use, it isn't too complicated unlike other ones. Customer service is very professional and caring whenever you speak with them.

Carolyn Sabo
October 19th, 2017 Oregon City, OR'

My son made the decision for me, and I used it when I slipped on the floor and couldn't get up. It did what they say it would do. The only thing is that it works in the house, but not if I'm out of the yard.

Mary Alice Rawson
October 19th, 2017 Pendleton, SC

I've never had to use it, but I have rolled over during the night and set it off. I wear it constantly, so I've had a couple of false alarms. It's always nice to know that there are people there that will respond to the alarm, even if it is a mistake. They also do that immediately, which is good news.

Syndy Hart
October 19th, 2017 Reading, PA'

My mother uses it and she also has the feature that monitors the person if they fall. They have given her the support that she needs.