Since 1977, LifeStation has been offering medical alert devices and medical monitoring services designed by medical alert industry veterans to help seniors live independently. LifeStation makes getting emergency assistance easier for seniors who want to live in the comfort of their own home at an affordable cost. LifeStation looks after the health and well-being of older adults, giving them, as well as their family members, peace of mind knowing they will be protected with LifeStation's emergency services and medical monitoring.

Additional highlights of the company include low monthly monitoring fees ($19.95–34.95), no equipment fees, no activation fees, no contract length, and a lifetime warranty on LifeStation equipment. The medical alert company has high ratings and exceptional service, which is evidenced by a number of positive Life Station reviews below.

Click here to go straight to LifeStation customer reviews

The Good

• Low Price and No Long-Term Contracts
  • Multiple Plan Options
  • System and Warranty
  • Fastest Response time in the Industry
  • Complimentary Alert Messaging
  • 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
  • Five-Day Battery for Mobile System
  • Waterproof Alert Button
  • "Find My Loved One" Feature
  • Free Spousal Alert Monitoring
  • LifeStation Reviews
  • 1,000-Foot Range from Base Station

Low Price and No Long-Term Contracts

LifeStation has lower prices on medical alert systems than most other leading competitor medical alert companies. On top of that, there are no long-term contracts that rope customers into service for a specified period of time. With LifeStation, customers can cancel at any time without having to pay a cancellation fee. Both of these points make LifeStation a very wise financial choice.

Multiple Plan Options

LifeStation offers a variety of plans to ensure there is a choice that fits every consumer, regardless of their specific lifestyle. Whether you are regularly on the go or typically remain at your home, LifeStation has a plan to fit everyone's needs. You can also choose between monthly, quarterly, or annual billing services. Plan details for LifeStation's three main packages are below:

In-Home Landline — $19.95 per Month

This package is best for customers who most often remain at home but still want to remain independent and safe in the case of an emergency.

• Shower-safe buttons wearable as a pendant or on the wrist
  • Sensitive whole-house 2-way speakerphone
  • Optional fall detection pendant available
  • Plug compatible with landline phone jack or modem - optional Cellular System available

In-Home Cellular — $26.95 per Month

This plan is best for consumers looking for protection in their home and around their yard, as this plan has a larger range from the base station to ensure protection in the yard as well as in your home.

• 2-Way voice pendant
  • Shower-safe pendant up to 600-foot range (2 football fields)
  • Easy setup - connect to phone line and power within minutes
  • No activation or setup fees

Mobile LTE — $34.95 per Month

This package is best for consumers looking to be more active with their medical alert system and who plan to leave their homes quite often. This medical alert device is made specifically for on-the-go.

LifeStation’s Mobile LTE boasts the most advanced suite of capabilities to date in a medical alert system. Leveraging AT&T’s 4G LTE network, the nation’s fastest and most reliable system, it takes advantage of LifeStation’s award-winning monitoring center, allowing seniors to get help quickly and confidently, anywhere in the country

• Fastest, most reliable nationwide LTE Network
  • Most accurate location services, utilizing GPS and Wi-Fi
  • Fully waterproof — take it in the shower or bath with no worries
  • Longest battery life — up to five days without needing a charge

System and Warranty

LifeStation's medical alert systems are covered under a lifetime warranty. Their in-home system consists of a pendant or wristband with an emergency alert device button and a base station that is connected to their monitoring station. The base unit and emergency button work within 1,000 feet of each other. When you press the button, a Care Specialist is notified that you are having an emergency.

The base station features an enhanced speaker and voice capabilities that gives users two-way communication with a Care Specialist even if they have fallen down. For those without a traditional landline, LifeStation offers products for alternative phone service and mobile devices for seniors with active lifestyles. Read LifeStation reviews below to read about customers' experiences with different types of LifeStation alert systems.

Fastest Response Time in the Industry

LifeStation's monitoring station exceeds both national and industry standards for training and response time. It is a UL-listed and 5 Diamond Certified medical monitoring center with a strict training protocol for its personnel, starting with six weeks of formal classroom training and mandatory exams at the end of every module.

Once this training for the response center personnel is successfully completed, there is field training guided by TMA certified instructors. All new personnel receives weekly performance reviews for three months. This ensures a high standard of customer service and a quick response time.

The average LifeStation response time is 20 seconds. The company encourages its customers to do a monthly system test so they can see how quickly LifeStation responds to alerts. LifeStation systems also have check-in capabilities that allow the company to check your system each week to ensure it is communicating with the monitoring center.

Complimentary Alert Messaging

A LifeStation medical alert device also offers caregivers the option for an alert messaging service that sends automatic email notifications in the event their loved one has an emergency. It also performs a silent weekly test of the loved one's system and notifies them if the system has any issues.

30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

LifeStation features a 30-day money-back guarantee for any customer on any payment plan. This includes customers that still pay month-to-month. This can give customers peace of mind that they can test out LifeStation and get their money back if the medical alert service doesn't work for them. LifeStation is essentially risk-free, and anyone can try the service without committing to any fees or contracts.

Five-Day Battery for Mobile System

LifeStation's mobile medical alert system has an impressive battery life of up to five days, which is an upgrade from the previous 36 hours. This is considered impressively long, especially compared to other medical alert companies. Having a lengthy alarm battery life ensures the medical alert owner does not have to worry about charging the system every day and has the ability to go days without having to worry about doing so. LifeStation also replaces medical alert batteries for free so customers do not have to worry that this cost would be out of their pocket.

In the case of a power outage, LifeStation's system also has a backup battery that lasts for up to 32 hours. When your power turns back on, the battery will begin to self-charge.

Waterproof Alert Button

All of LifeStation's medical alert buttons are waterproof. This means you don't have to worry about taking off the alert device when showering, taking a bath, or during other activities that involve water. This is especially convenient since wet areas are the most fall-prone areas, so it is a major plus that you'll still have protection in these instances.

"Find My Loved One" Feature

For a limited time, LifeStation has created a "Find My Loved One" feature to go with all mobile GPS device packages. This feature allows anyone on the emergency contact list of the medical alert owner to text "Find + [medical alert owner's name]." The contact will then receive a text message with a link to the address of the loved one's location on a map.

Whether it's used as an extra safety precaution or a way to find a medical alert device if lost, this feature adds additional peace of mind and added security for medical alert owners and their loved ones. With a simple text, they can check up on their loved ones and their whereabouts at any time.

Free Spousal Alert Monitoring

If you have a spouse or another person in your home who also wants medical alert monitoring, LifeStation will provide the monitoring services completely free. The only cost the second medical alert user is responsible for is an extra help button, which is $3.99 per month.

LifeStation Reviews

LifeStation consumer reviews are overwhelmingly positive, highlighting exceptional LifeStation customer service, affordable pricing, quick response times, and quality equipment. LifeStation complaints are minimal, demonstrating a positive customer experience and awarding LifeStation a high star rating. Knowing LifeStation has reliable service and highly trained professionals can give consumers peace of mind that their loved one using the medical alert device will be taken care of.

1,000-Foot Range from Base Station

LifeStation has a 1,000-foot range from the base station for its medical alert devices. Many medical alert providers have lower ranges closer to 600 ft. A larger range gives consumers more flexibility in how far they can travel from the medical alert device base station and ensures more protection in the case of a fall or another emergency.

The Bad

Additional Fees

One way LifeStation's alert service falls short of its competitors, who offer spouse coverage at no additional charge, is by charging an additional fee of $3.99 per month for every extra alert button. Also at an extra cost is a LockBox, a bathroom and hallway alert button, and automatic fall detection, which some companies offer for free or include in the subscription fee. However, the fee is minimal and won't raise your monthly payment by a significant amount. Check out LifeStaton reviews below to see if this has proved to be a problem to past customers.

The Bottom Line

LifeStation offers both standard benefits as well as modern technological features like mobile GPS tracking technology and audible notifications, letting users know the battery needs to be recharged. LifeStation's pricing is on par with the lower to middle range of industry standards with a price-lock guarantee of one monthly rate and a 30-day money-back guarantee.

LifeStation's greatest strength lies in the industry certifications it holds, such as UL approval and TMA certified instructors to provide peace of mind. The major selling points are LifeStation's state of the art monitoring center, the automatic alerts for caregivers, and LifeStation Fall Detection. The medical alert service is known for its quality medical alert systems with high-end equipment, exceptional customer service, and affordable pricing, including a low-priced monthly fee, no activation fee, no equipment fee, and no contract length.

If you're interested in learning more about the medical alert provider, read LifeStation reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say about the company, its customer service, its equipment, and more.

View Best Medical Alert Companies

October 25th, 2017 Santa Rosa, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've never had to use it but it goes off by itself. It's very annoying since it's really loud. That has been annoying since I live in Northern California and there are fires going all around. Since the buildings are being evacuated I tried to disconnect the machine to avoid having more false alarms. Still, even though I disconnected the machine, it still kept going off with a high pitched alarm. I tried calling them, but I did so very late and the office that took care of those issues was closed. They were supposed to call me back today but they haven't, which I guess it's still reasonable. This is the only problem I've had with them since I got the system a few years back, but it makes me worry a little. I was ready to throw the machine away then, but I am worried that if I ever want to cancel they will give me a bunch of cancellation charges to return the machine. I tried to find out how that would be like, but I wasn't able to figure it out.

Ann Merrill

October 25th, 2017 Alamogordo, NM DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I got it since I liked what they had to offer. I've haven't called for an emergency or anything, but I use it if I'm out at the store, in the field, shopping, or stuff like that. We have to call once a month to test it and they've always been prompt in answering and give me good service. I like all the features it has.

Joan Johnson

October 25th, 2017 Addison, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Late on a Saturday night I went and laid out in bed to go to sleep. I rolled over and I felt a sharp pain in the center of my chest. It wouldn't go away, so I called my son. He was 3 hours away so he just suggested I try and press the button. I did that and they sent an ambulance out to check on my vitals. I didn't even have to take the ambulance, but they really helped me.

Don Smith

October 25th, 2017 Redwood City, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We got it because there was an agreement with Kaiser and they gave us a reduced rate. I haven't had to use it for an emergency, but I test it often. I carry it in my pocket and they've always been right there. Initially I had numerous problems with the product, but I reached a supervisor who helped me and gave me 3 months with no charge. Every individual I had contacted has been willing to do anything they can to help me.

Gertie Mae Landry

October 25th, 2017 St Martinville, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My mother has one of those medical station, though she has never had to use it yet. Still she has never had any problem with it and it has never failed.

T.J.M.

October 25th, 2017 Palm Coast, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've only had it for 3 months and have not used it, but I have it as a safety device. They have responded to any questions I had and responded quickly.

Ruth Richards

October 25th, 2017 Ocoee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My children got it for me, and I haven't had to use it. I don't think it's worth it though. I am restricted to my house to use the device, and I like to go out and about. I really want and need something that's wireless. Had I been the one choosing the device, I would've gotten something else. Also, it says that I should get a monthly call to do a test or something and nobody has done that yet. I have gone and pressed the button sometimes to make sure that it's working and that the signal gets through to them.

Laurie Shuldt

October 25th, 2017 Albuquerque, NM' DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Everything has been perfect, I've gotten an immediate response from the paramedics and they work really quickly. Customer service has been very supportive and patient.

Elizabeth Tucker

October 25th, 2017 Vancouver, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down
starstarstarstarstarstar

I got it 'cause my insurance supports it and gives us a bit of a discount for it. I've used it several times and it has worked quite well. They help me when I need it and have done about as good of a job as others out there. I use the necklace device and it's right there where I can grab it. It doesn't take too much to press it and they usually respond and ask me if I'm ok. I can just relay to them what's going on.

Linda Cole

October 25th, 2017 Montrose, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We got it because they had the best price. I haven't had to use it, but I did call them to add more names and phone numbers to the contact list. They were really helpful with that.

Priscilla Plocher

October 25th, 2017 Highland, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have never used it, but my dog has pressed the button by accident. Those times they answered right away and they were understanding about it. I use the necklace all the time and I feel absolutely safe with it, even at night time. I keep close by.

Martin Dirks

October 25th, 2017 Seattle, WA' DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've never had to use it, but it seems to work fine. I haven't had much contact with customer service but they seem to be ok.

October 25th, 2017 New York, NY' DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The service was recommended by a friend, and I used it once when my blood pressure was low. Other than that, I haven't had any contact with customer support. The service does work.

GinP_1016Ort Paradero

October 25th, 2017 Willard, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I chose LifeStation since it was the right price and I didn't need to have a contract with them. They are always right there when you push the button. Their reaction time is good and it's inexpensive.

Cande Lofton

October 25th, 2017 Fairfield, CA' DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We got it because of the cost and service it offered. I haven't had to use it yet, but customer service has answered all my questions. It has all the things I need.

Mary Schneider

October 25th, 2017 Louisville, KY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had to push the button because my mom fell outside. We needed help and they were very prompt. The device is comfy.

Melinda Booze

October 25th, 2017 Springfield, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

So far my mother hasn't had to use it. In our experience whenever we call to make sure the device work the customer service we receive has been very good, they are responsive.

Michael Slabin

October 25th, 2017 Woodstock, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I just wear it since I'm at home all day. The medical device is fine.

M.H. or Anonymous

October 25th, 2017 Orange City, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

After researching a few companies, I liked the fact that I could use my home phone line rather than a cellphone. The pricing was also good and the customer service people I talked to seemed very attentive, so I decided to go with them. I've only tested it and aside from the time when we had hurricanes coming by, everything works fine.

October 25th, 2017 Erie, PA' DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Initially we picked I because of the price. My mother uses the device and I know she wears the device every day on her wrist. There's really no issue with it. Customer service is very thorough, responsive, extremely kind, and compassionate. They contact the people on the list we gave them to call in case of emergencies. They are always there if my mother needs help. We are very satisfied with it and it does exactly what we need it to do.

Cheryl Morgan

October 25th, 2017 Oceana, WV' DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My mom is the one who wears it and there have been a couple of times when she set off the alarm. They have contacted her quickly when that happens. The device is very sensitive, but it does what I need it to do and I've been happy with that. We have no issues with it.

T.H. or Anonymous

October 25th, 2017 Ewing, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We bought the device for someone else and she seems to be doing okay with it. She doesn't always wear it though.

N.J.W. or Anonymous

October 25th, 2017 Elk Grove, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I got Life Station through my medical insurance. So far I haven't had to use it but they're ok.

Anthony Comundoiwilla

October 25th, 2017 Rancho Cucamonga, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I got LifeStation because they seemed like a good and reputable company. The device is there, available and activated, but I haven't had to use it yet. I have no problems with the device and nobody bothers me about it. Their call center calls in from time to time to make sure that the device is working properly and I'm very pleased with that. It's very convenient, though I wish they'd give me a lower price. Since I'm retired and on a fixed income, it hurts to pay for it

Becky Hsu

October 25th, 2017 Auburndale, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I purchased it for my parents. It has been a safety device that is comfortable and gives us trust. I am happy because I know that they will be safe.

Joseph Oconnor

October 25th, 2017 Dripping Springs, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I got it for my parents and LifeStation has always been very responsive. The device itself is just junk though, the wristband has broken 4 times already.

Sandra Humpherys

October 25th, 2017 San Marcos, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I tried with other companies before switching to LifeStation. With the others, it seemed that the device would overcharge all the time and then stop working. Since the doctor wanted me to have one, my son and I decided to get LifeStation through Kaiser. It definitely works, maybe too well. I use the necklace and it's very lightweight and doesn't bother me at all. Still, it's very sensitive and goes off if I lean too close to the TV or even when I wore it under my shirt. Whenever we had false alarms, they still went and responded immediately to know if I was having trouble. Once I didn't even hear the emergency call and they went ahead and called my son. Since they couldn't get a hold of me, they ended up sending the firefighters, which was a little embarrassing. Still, I appreciated the response time.

Mary Ellen Ipser

October 25th, 2017 Snellville, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My one complaint is that when I test the machine, the response time seems to be very long. I'm concerned about that. Other than that the device is working.

October 25th, 2017 Larchwood, IA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The device is for my mother and I got it because I wanted her to be able to go the yard by herself. So far we haven't had any problems and it seems easy for my mom to use.

Lou Ann Johnson

October 25th, 2017 San Diego, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I haven't had to use it since I got it, but I do call and test it. They have always been supportive and answered all my questions. I haven't had any problems with it and I'm thankful to have it.

William Boyd

October 25th, 2017 San Antonio, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've used it before when I had to get up and rush to the kitchen. I had a walker, but when I got to the kitchen I lost my balance and fell. I was able to press my button and they got someone to come pick me up. The only thing is that it sometimes goes off on its own saying 'emergency, emergency' in the middle of the night. I still can't understand why that is.

Phil Noon

October 25th, 2017 Lake Stevens, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Customer support has always been very quick when responding to my concerns. We do the button test once a month, but it does take quite a while for them to answer. The wrist device is a bit hard to manage since it's always too loose or too tight to the wrist, and the pins that hold it together sometimes pull out.

Rose Lakin

October 25th, 2017 North Pole, AK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've used it more than 4 times and had the ambulance come here, even though we're way out in the country. I would've been in dire need if my daughter hadn't gotten this for me. I have buttons all over my house: in the kitchen, in the bathroom, in my bedroom, and in my living room. I feel safe because I know that I can reach help if I need it. The service is super, you just push the button and somebody is there, you don't have to wait. You can't get any better than that.

John Chase

October 25th, 2017 Pilot Rock, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My doctor recommended it and since the head nurse was using it for her mother I decided to get it. I've had a couple of times when I needed to press the button and the EMTs have come out to help me. I do wish they had gotten out here a lot sooner, but I'm still happy with the service. I've hit it accidentally a couple of times, but they have always been very courteous and nice. Having it makes me feel safe since my peers are a ways off and I'm here by myself tipping over all the time.

Roberta Steiner

October 25th, 2017 Topeka, KS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We got it because it was the right price. I once pressed it by accident and they called me right away to see if there was anything wrong. The thing is that they wouldn't let me stop paying for the service for a time while I was figuring out my living situation. I've been paying for it for a year without needing it because they wouldn't let me suspend the service for a bit. I'm hoping my son will return the machine so I can stop paying for no use.

I.B. or Anonymous

October 25th, 2017 Mountlake Terrace, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We are really happy with it. We haven't had to use it yet, but when it went off accidentally they called right back.

Gary Gammill

October 25th, 2017 Carlisle, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I wear it around my neck of course, and I went outside one day and fell in the yard. I don't know if I knocked myself out or what, but when I came to I realized I was in the hospital. LifeStation knew I had fallen so they called and got someone to come and get me. The only problem I have is that I barely have to touch the button for it to go off. Then I get phone calls asking if I'm alright, if I don't answer they call the people in the contact list, and if I still don't get their call they will call emergency services. I don't much like that when it all happens by accident. It's too sensitive.

Betty Grapp

October 25th, 2017 Lake Havasu City, AZ' DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Thank god I haven't had to use it. I have been pretty safe, but since I've fallen before and broken my hip, my kids started telling me I needed one of those life alert things. I call them once a month to make sure that the unit is working and that the connection is good. They are always there to answer and ask you if you need help. They are very comforting. The only problem is that sometimes I'm busy, have company, or just forget to call for the monthly check up. I can't always make sure to do it on the same day, but it's been ok so far.

Nelson Knox

October 25th, 2017 New York, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have been very fortunate in that we haven't had to use it as of yet. My mother uses it all the time since she doesn't live with us. I know that if something bad happens to her, she can use it to get someone on the phone who will call me. The responses we've had have been good, they are very responsive.

Sherrill L. Derrenberger

October 25th, 2017 Sarasota, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I'm used to putting it around my neck, though I rarely have to press the button. I do that occasionally by accident. There was time when I actually fell and pressed the button and they called the EMTs for me. I wasn't actually injured but they helped me get up and took care of everything very quickly. They always answer right away.

Robert Ciero

October 25th, 2017 Ossining, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My niece picked it for me to be honest. On a normal day I have it in my house. I haven't had to use them for anything so far, but I did call customer service when I had to replace the batteries of my device. We tried testing the new batteries afterwards and they thought it was an emergency. Luckily we stopped them before they called anybody to come out here.

October 25th, 2017 Beverly Hills, CA' DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've only used it once, and the service was very prompt. The only problem was that they called the LA paramedics instead of calling the Beverly Hills ones. Had they done that, I would've gotten help in 2 minutes. We ended up calling Beverly Hills ourselves.

Glen Jasek

October 25th, 2017 Cypress, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The device is for my mother as a precaution, that's really all it is. Thankfully we haven't had to use it yet. From the little bit of interaction we had with them, they have always been prompt, courteous, nice, and very easy to understand. Everyone speaks very clearly. We have had a lot of false alarms where my mother is just in her bedroom doing nothing. It has been kind of frustrating since I sometimes get calls at 3 in the morning.

John Zagami

October 25th, 2017 Montclair, NJ' DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My mother uses the device. When she falls, she presses the LifeStation button and they come get her. They have been very prompt when calling, no matter what time it is.

Barbara Shocker

October 25th, 2017 Harrisburg, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My 94 year old father in law wears it. We chose it because you can wear the apparatus around your wrist. When we had to contact the main offices, they always come back to us very quickly and promptly.

Jane Wanberg

October 25th, 2017 Oregon City, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They respond well whenever we test the system. It notifies us because of the contact information we gave them, though a lot of times my mother receives information which she shouldn't be receiving. Otherwise, the service is good.

Shelley Rosselot

October 25th, 2017 Celeste, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My mom has fallen several times. Last time it happened, she broke her hip and the device worked fantastic. They have been very patient and get their job done quickly. The only thing is that the necklace will not stay tight, it constantly pulls down.

K.M. or Anonymous

October 25th, 2017 Vancouver, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My mother is the one that wears it, but hasn't had an emergency yet. She has accidentally tripped a couple of times and they called right away. It is kind of hard to get through to customer service line to just ask questions. Other than that, it has been a good experience.

Debra Roebuck

October 25th, 2017 Pontotoc, MS' DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I got it for my mother in law. In all the years she has had it, she has only used it once and it worked perfectly that time.

Kent Gillestie

October 25th, 2017 Pearl River, LA' DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My dad was having seizures for a while, and on one occasion I pressed the button. They answered right away and the ambulance was here in a few minutes. It was all very efficient and I was very impressed. Other than that, my dad calls them monthly to check up on things. They are always very kind to him and very curious. Whenever we call for an emergency, they act quickly. I'm impressed with the fact that the device works all the way out in the driveway, which is a bit far from the house. We're also very far from the city since we live in the country, and it still works. It has been a great thing.