Since 1977, LifeStation has been offering medical alert devices and medical monitoring services designed by medical alert industry veterans to help seniors live independently. LifeStation makes getting emergency assistance easier for seniors who want to live in the comfort of their own home at an affordable cost. LifeStation looks after the health and well-being of older adults, giving them, as well as their family members, peace of mind knowing they will be protected with LifeStation's emergency services and medical monitoring.

Additional highlights of the company include low monthly monitoring fees ($19.95–34.95), no equipment fees, no activation fees, no contract length, and a lifetime warranty on LifeStation equipment. The medical alert company has high ratings and exceptional service, which is evidenced by a number of positive Life Station reviews below.

Click here to go straight to LifeStation customer reviews

The Good

• Low Price and No Long-Term Contracts
  • Multiple Plan Options
  • System and Warranty
  • Fastest Response time in the Industry
  • Complimentary Alert Messaging
  • 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
  • Five-Day Battery for Mobile System
  • Waterproof Alert Button
  • "Find My Loved One" Feature
  • Free Spousal Alert Monitoring
  • LifeStation Reviews
  • 1,000-Foot Range from Base Station

Low Price and No Long-Term Contracts

LifeStation has lower prices on medical alert systems than most other leading competitor medical alert companies. On top of that, there are no long-term contracts that rope customers into service for a specified period of time. With LifeStation, customers can cancel at any time without having to pay a cancellation fee. Both of these points make LifeStation a very wise financial choice.

Multiple Plan Options

LifeStation offers a variety of plans to ensure there is a choice that fits every consumer, regardless of their specific lifestyle. Whether you are regularly on the go or typically remain at your home, LifeStation has a plan to fit everyone's needs. You can also choose between monthly, quarterly, or annual billing services. Plan details for LifeStation's three main packages are below:

In-Home Landline — $19.95 per Month

This package is best for customers who most often remain at home but still want to remain independent and safe in the case of an emergency.

• Shower-safe buttons wearable as a pendant or on the wrist
  • Sensitive whole-house 2-way speakerphone
  • Optional fall detection pendant available
  • Plug compatible with landline phone jack or modem - optional Cellular System available

In-Home Cellular — $26.95 per Month

This plan is best for consumers looking for protection in their home and around their yard, as this plan has a larger range from the base station to ensure protection in the yard as well as in your home.

• 2-Way voice pendant
  • Shower-safe pendant up to 600-foot range (2 football fields)
  • Easy setup - connect to phone line and power within minutes
  • No activation or setup fees

Mobile LTE — $34.95 per Month

This package is best for consumers looking to be more active with their medical alert system and who plan to leave their homes quite often. This medical alert device is made specifically for on-the-go.

LifeStation’s Mobile LTE boasts the most advanced suite of capabilities to date in a medical alert system. Leveraging AT&T’s 4G LTE network, the nation’s fastest and most reliable system, it takes advantage of LifeStation’s award-winning monitoring center, allowing seniors to get help quickly and confidently, anywhere in the country

• Fastest, most reliable nationwide LTE Network
  • Most accurate location services, utilizing GPS and Wi-Fi
  • Fully waterproof — take it in the shower or bath with no worries
  • Longest battery life — up to five days without needing a charge

System and Warranty

LifeStation's medical alert systems are covered under a lifetime warranty. Their in-home system consists of a pendant or wristband with an emergency alert device button and a base station that is connected to their monitoring station. The base unit and emergency button work within 1,000 feet of each other. When you press the button, a Care Specialist is notified that you are having an emergency.

The base station features an enhanced speaker and voice capabilities that gives users two-way communication with a Care Specialist even if they have fallen down. For those without a traditional landline, LifeStation offers products for alternative phone service and mobile devices for seniors with active lifestyles. Read LifeStation reviews below to read about customers' experiences with different types of LifeStation alert systems.

Fastest Response Time in the Industry

LifeStation's monitoring station exceeds both national and industry standards for training and response time. It is a UL-listed and 5 Diamond Certified medical monitoring center with a strict training protocol for its personnel, starting with six weeks of formal classroom training and mandatory exams at the end of every module.

Once this training for the response center personnel is successfully completed, there is field training guided by TMA certified instructors. All new personnel receives weekly performance reviews for three months. This ensures a high standard of customer service and a quick response time.

The average LifeStation response time is 20 seconds. The company encourages its customers to do a monthly system test so they can see how quickly LifeStation responds to alerts. LifeStation systems also have check-in capabilities that allow the company to check your system each week to ensure it is communicating with the monitoring center.

Complimentary Alert Messaging

A LifeStation medical alert device also offers caregivers the option for an alert messaging service that sends automatic email notifications in the event their loved one has an emergency. It also performs a silent weekly test of the loved one's system and notifies them if the system has any issues.

30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

LifeStation features a 30-day money-back guarantee for any customer on any payment plan. This includes customers that still pay month-to-month. This can give customers peace of mind that they can test out LifeStation and get their money back if the medical alert service doesn't work for them. LifeStation is essentially risk-free, and anyone can try the service without committing to any fees or contracts.

Five-Day Battery for Mobile System

LifeStation's mobile medical alert system has an impressive battery life of up to five days, which is an upgrade from the previous 36 hours. This is considered impressively long, especially compared to other medical alert companies. Having a lengthy alarm battery life ensures the medical alert owner does not have to worry about charging the system every day and has the ability to go days without having to worry about doing so. LifeStation also replaces medical alert batteries for free so customers do not have to worry that this cost would be out of their pocket.

In the case of a power outage, LifeStation's system also has a backup battery that lasts for up to 32 hours. When your power turns back on, the battery will begin to self-charge.

Waterproof Alert Button

All of LifeStation's medical alert buttons are waterproof. This means you don't have to worry about taking off the alert device when showering, taking a bath, or during other activities that involve water. This is especially convenient since wet areas are the most fall-prone areas, so it is a major plus that you'll still have protection in these instances.

"Find My Loved One" Feature

For a limited time, LifeStation has created a "Find My Loved One" feature to go with all mobile GPS device packages. This feature allows anyone on the emergency contact list of the medical alert owner to text "Find + [medical alert owner's name]." The contact will then receive a text message with a link to the address of the loved one's location on a map.

Whether it's used as an extra safety precaution or a way to find a medical alert device if lost, this feature adds additional peace of mind and added security for medical alert owners and their loved ones. With a simple text, they can check up on their loved ones and their whereabouts at any time.

Free Spousal Alert Monitoring

If you have a spouse or another person in your home who also wants medical alert monitoring, LifeStation will provide the monitoring services completely free. The only cost the second medical alert user is responsible for is an extra help button, which is $3.99 per month.

LifeStation Reviews

LifeStation consumer reviews are overwhelmingly positive, highlighting exceptional LifeStation customer service, affordable pricing, quick response times, and quality equipment. LifeStation complaints are minimal, demonstrating a positive customer experience and awarding LifeStation a high star rating. Knowing LifeStation has reliable service and highly trained professionals can give consumers peace of mind that their loved one using the medical alert device will be taken care of.

1,000-Foot Range from Base Station

LifeStation has a 1,000-foot range from the base station for its medical alert devices. Many medical alert providers have lower ranges closer to 600 ft. A larger range gives consumers more flexibility in how far they can travel from the medical alert device base station and ensures more protection in the case of a fall or another emergency.

The Bad

Additional Fees

One way LifeStation's alert service falls short of its competitors, who offer spouse coverage at no additional charge, is by charging an additional fee of $3.99 per month for every extra alert button. Also at an extra cost is a LockBox, a bathroom and hallway alert button, and automatic fall detection, which some companies offer for free or include in the subscription fee. However, the fee is minimal and won't raise your monthly payment by a significant amount. Check out LifeStaton reviews below to see if this has proved to be a problem to past customers.

The Bottom Line

LifeStation offers both standard benefits as well as modern technological features like mobile GPS tracking technology and audible notifications, letting users know the battery needs to be recharged. LifeStation's pricing is on par with the lower to middle range of industry standards with a price-lock guarantee of one monthly rate and a 30-day money-back guarantee.

LifeStation's greatest strength lies in the industry certifications it holds, such as UL approval and TMA certified instructors to provide peace of mind. The major selling points are LifeStation's state of the art monitoring center, the automatic alerts for caregivers, and LifeStation Fall Detection. The medical alert service is known for its quality medical alert systems with high-end equipment, exceptional customer service, and affordable pricing, including a low-priced monthly fee, no activation fee, no equipment fee, and no contract length.

If you're interested in learning more about the medical alert provider, read LifeStation reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say about the company, its customer service, its equipment, and more.

Anne St. James

December 20th, 2017 Wells, ME' DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We looked at all the other services that were like this and it just seemed like it was the right price and everything. Customer service is as nice as can be. Sometimes I accidentally set it off and they are always very kind and nice about it all.

Jennifer Nordby

December 20th, 2017 Loomis, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The price that I got with Kaiser was a big factor in my decision. I also liked the fact that it is available 24 hours a day. They don't just call emergency services, they also contact my neighbors or family if I want them to. We haven't had to use it for an emergency yet, thank goodness, but I think it was a good thing to get. Every time we've reached out for help, we've gotten what we needed. I just wish that I understood better how the main hub and everything works with. I'm still not sure if the person is speaking through the base or if I should be speaking into something else. The voice is also not very clear, it should be better quality.

Diane Martin

December 20th, 2017 Cheyenne, WY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I saw an advertisement somewhere and it just seemed to be just what I needed for my father so I called them. Whenever he sets the alarm off accidentally, they call right away to make sure that he's ok. We get prompt responses from them and they are very courteous and concerned about us.

Patricia

December 20th, 2017 Elmwood Park, NJ' DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They answer my questions every time I call. They respond quickly and are reliable.

Phillip Crossman

December 20th, 2017 Prophetstown, IL' DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had a brochure from them and since they offered what I needed I decided to give it a try. My husband wears it every day, including when he goes into the shower or to the pool. The device has just been very comfortable to wear and easy to keep clean. We've only used it once and the response that we got was immediate. It worked out just fine.

December 20th, 2017 Sherman Oaks, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I got it since it seemed to be just what I needed. They have been very responsive and efficient.

Jayne Rosendahl

December 20th, 2017 Duluth, MN' DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We just called around and they were the ones that we settled on. Whenever we've called to check on the systems they have been very cooperative and cordial through the phone. I do worry about the device's button being pushed accidentally though. Having it gives me a sense of security though.

Leeann Garney

December 20th, 2017 Talladega, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I got it because I thought I would need it, but I don't. I mean, everything seems to be fine but the thing doesn't work.

Nancy Akers

December 20th, 2017 Seattle, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I researched most companies of this type and after getting a letter from my union recommending them, I decided to go ahead and sign up. The only thing I've ever called them for is to do the setup and it was done well. I've tested it twice and on both occasions it took a long time for somebody to answer the phone. That really concerned me, I could be dead by the time they answer and they get the emergency people here. In an emergency every second counts and seeing the thing just blink green so many times before they responded left me feeling really uncomfortable.

Clo Patton

December 20th, 2017 Tuscaloosa, AL' DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The service was recommended by our friend and since i met our needs we went with it. We haven't had to call them or anything yet. We only had to call them when we initially got the service and things went fine then. So far everything has worked normally though. We haven't had to use the service for an emergency, but having that as security is helpful.

Barbara Rumley

December 20th, 2017 Chippewa Falls, WI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My daughter was the one that did the research and picked it out for me. She has been the one doing it all. I haven't had to use it yet but I guess the service is good.

Carolyn Koppelberger

December 20th, 2017 Zephyrhills, FL' DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My girlfriend made some calls around to research. Not only did LifeStation have great prices but the people there were offering the service were well informed and very nice. They knew what they were talking about and were not pushy at all. I think the machine is just fine. My husband just wears the necklace. I've only had it for two months and we haven't had to use it yet. But, when we were setting up the system, the alarm went off and they immediately sent the emergency people. They got the right address and everything. We explained the situation and things were ok.

Betty Feagans

December 20th, 2017 Newport News, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I didn't really get it myself. I have someone that takes care of my bills and things like that, he's the one that picked it out for me. I actually got a different one before and then I switched. I like this one better since I can use it anywhere. Whenever I call they come out here right away. The only thing they've had to do is lift me up, I've never really hurt myself so I haven't needed to be taken to a hospital or anything.

Shelby Landesberg

December 20th, 2017 Hamden, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My son was the one that picked it out for me. I have not had any falls so far, but whenever I'm moving away they call me. The device thing is too heavy and too big though.

Nichele Mole

December 20th, 2017 Howard Beach, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I needed it because I kept falling in my house. They have answered my calls immediately.

Monica Caplan

December 20th, 2017 Baltimore, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I got it because it had GPS capabilities. They respond very quickly whenever you need them. The thing is very easy to use.

Jeana Haley

December 20th, 2017 Indianapolis, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My mom needed something and I had just seen LifeStation advertised somewhere. Since they had a good pricing I decided to go ahead and sign up. We haven't had to use it yet, I mean, we haven't had them for that long, but we haven't run into any issues either. It's all really easy to setup and use. For my mom, who is older and lives by herself, it's a great help. We've been pretty satisfied.

J.H. or Anonymous

December 20th, 2017 Denver, CO' DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My sister who lives in Texas did some research and picked this one. It was a combination of things, including the training of the people in the call center, that made her feel better about getting the service. We kind of fumbled with the system at first but they were really helpful and nice about it all. My mom had a thing where she left and accidentally pressed the button. She had a very good experience with the person that answered though. They were nice and didn't shame her about the accident. They just made sure that my mom was ok. The necklace button that she wears around her neck has a crack in it already. It's not waterproof anymore. I think the should work on it a bit more to make it more durable. Still, we're grateful to have it, it gives us peace of mind to know that if my mom falls or something happens, she can get help and still be safe.

Donna Thornhill

December 20th, 2017 Florissant, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I compared different ones and the LifeStation people were recommended by a satisfied customer. I haven't had to use it yet, which is wonderful. We've tested the thing though and the person on the phone answered and was very professional and articulate. The system was easy to set up. My mother, who is 87, usually finds it hard to use different devices, but she got used to this one very quickly.

L.G.

December 20th, 2017 Cedar City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It seemed to be the best value, so we went with it. We have the fall necklace since it's water resistant and she can keep it on all the time. They have been very responsive with any request or question we've had.

Charles Beckman

December 20th, 2017 Broomfield, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I recently lost my wife after 61 years of marriage. If anything happened she was there to help me and knew everything I needed. After that happened both my family and the doctors at Kaiser recommended that I get something like this. That way, even if I lived alone, I could contact someone if I ever got in trouble. I went ahead and got this because it had the GPS function as well as the lock box for the front door. All things considered, it was probably the smartest things for me to do, being seventy years old. It's a good machine, I run tests on it every once in awhile and it all seems to work fine. They are always very nice and prompt in answering my calls. My daughter and sons get messages whenever I set it off and everything. It says just what they said it would. Other services I looked at were not as comprehensive. I haven't had to use it for an emergency, and I'm not looking forward to that day, but at least I've got something just in case.

Lee Mitchell

December 20th, 2017 Statesboro, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I did a lot of research and they seemed to be the best ones for me. The gentleman that I talked to when I inquired about the system was very knowledgeable and helpful. He didn't pressure me to make a choice or anything. I really haven't had to use it, but I've tested it and it works fine. I like the lock box that they provide for your door. That's a unique feature that I'm pleased with.

Robert Coffee

December 20th, 2017 San Jose, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I saw it on the AARP website and since it had good ratings I gave them a call. After talking to the salesperson, who seemed very honest and fair, I decided to go with it. The pricing also seemed good. So far it works very well.

Shirley Floyd

December 20th, 2017 Norfolk, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The terms were agreeable so we went with it. Customer support has been very good, they are really friendly. I've never had to use it, thank god, but the medical alert device seems to be just fine. They seem like a really friendly company to deal with.

Sharlene Hayes

December 20th, 2017 Wilsonville, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My son and I looked over several of these companies and we decided this one would be best. Customer service has been very good in their demeanor. I'm very pleased about it, that way I don't have to worry when I call them. They're all helpful. I wear the device around my neck all the times. My husband set up the other one in the living room where I could get to if necessary. I thought we were going to get something a little cheaper, but when I got my bank statement I found it was a bit more than expected. Still, it's fine, at least we don't have to worry. I really haven't had it long, but I'm pleased with it.

Terry Harvey

December 20th, 2017 Pottsville, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I basically went online and compared different companies and their features. In the end I went ahead and got it for my father and mother. We've only dealt with customer service a couple of times, but they have been very helpful. The few times they have needed it, it has done what it's supposed to do.

Elaine Viteo

December 20th, 2017 Audubon, NJ' DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I just found that out on the internet and decided to give it a try. They give me very good support and are very friendly. The device itself has performed very well so far.

December 20th, 2017 Port Orange, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had it before so when I needed it again I went with them.

Charlotte Dulaney

December 20th, 2017 Plain City, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We liked the marketing speech that their guys gave so we inquired a bit and got it. Customer service has done the appropriate things and act like they care. So far it seems to be working well for my mother. She hasn't had any problems wearing it. The device is just slightly big.

Robert Rocheleau

December 20th, 2017 Salem, NH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It was in the price range that we needed and it had the features that we wanted. On an occasion, my father unknowingly hit the button one time and couldn't hear the thing because he had a heavy coat on. They sent out medical services to find him and since he had moved they actually had to locate him. Luckily he was okay, but it was nice to know that they could find him. It's comforting to know that when he hits the button he can get medical help.

Trinidad Roque

December 20th, 2017 Sacramento, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I got it through Kaiser and because of that I was able to get a really good price on it. The thing is very easy to use and setup. I didn't have any problems doing that. Customer service has been very courteous, even when I accidentally push the button. It's a good feeling to know that if something were to happen I can just push the button to get help. I'm very happy with it.

Sheryl Pederson

December 20th, 2017 Holmen, WI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They start out with a great sales pitch... I upgrated to a GPs system for my 87 year old MOM and it took them 4 weeks before I got the GPS Unit. By then it was not needed. Very for service for a company that is to help people in need for their safety. Do not use this company. Service sucks Billing is not very clear no explanation just a total.

Alice Jones

November 27th, 2017 Siler City, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Life Station was instrumental in helping my sister in law age at home. She felt that secure on her on with it. She had to use it two times or more . Lifestation never failed her.

Ginny

November 21st, 2017 Levittown, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Gives you peace of mind especially if you live alone.

Great for Father in law

November 13th, 2017 Lancaster, KS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Easy to set up. Flexibility in emergency all order

My mom's Noris

November 13th, 2017 Hollywood, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Every time my mother has needed medical attention she is always treated my vip and if I call with questions someone is always knowledgeable

Mike

November 13th, 2017 Eugene, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Questionable practices/tactics used to extract $$ when the service is no longer needed.

November 13th, 2017 Napa, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Every time I have had to contact them, they have been immediately available and competent in answering my questions.

Rose Pizzo

November 6th, 2017 Milpitas, CA' DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ease of use, customer service and peace of mine

JC

November 6th, 2017 Floral Park, NY' DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Your staff was professional and the response time FAST

Mystic Traveler

November 6th, 2017 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They produced as advertised. Were reliable and always reachable for help.

Zipidy

November 6th, 2017 Selma, NC' DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very good service good equipment just what was needed

Roaring 20

November 6th, 2017 New York, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Not sure if and when they do checks on the equipment to make sure they are working.

Joann Magnuson/Barbara Jeskey

November 6th, 2017 La Vergne, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

it's a good system - easy to install and test, and customer service was very prompt

june Catania

November 6th, 2017 Stroudsburg, PA' DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Have had no reason to use the services yet, however, whenever I test the unit or call the company, I have always been satisfied.

DQ

November 6th, 2017 Azusa, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Everything went smoothly as I ordered the service for my father who was across country.

Sherry

November 6th, 2017 Richmond, VA' DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Thankfully never had to use them. Because of that, I am concerned that the emus responders are anot going to get in the house.

Toni

November 6th, 2017 Long Beach, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

customer service is great, but could not get billing correct

Rebecca Hall

November 6th, 2017 McCormick, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

super easy to use, totally great service

Barb

November 6th, 2017 Appleton, WI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had some trouble with it the first month, wasn't able to communicate with the person who answered the test altert but now the problem seems to be solved.