Since 1977, LifeStation has been offering medical alert devices and medical monitoring services designed by medical alert industry veterans to help seniors live independently. LifeStation makes getting emergency assistance easier for seniors who want to live in the comfort of their own home at an affordable cost. LifeStation looks after the health and well-being of older adults, giving them, as well as their family members, peace of mind knowing they will be protected with LifeStation's emergency services and medical monitoring.

Additional highlights of the company include low monthly monitoring fees ($19.95–34.95), no equipment fees, no activation fees, no contract length, and a lifetime warranty on LifeStation equipment. The medical alert company has high ratings and exceptional service, which is evidenced by a number of positive Life Station reviews below.

Click here to go straight to LifeStation customer reviews

The Good

• Low Price and No Long-Term Contracts
  • Multiple Plan Options
  • System and Warranty
  • Fastest Response time in the Industry
  • Complimentary Alert Messaging
  • 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
  • Five-Day Battery for Mobile System
  • Waterproof Alert Button
  • "Find My Loved One" Feature
  • Free Spousal Alert Monitoring
  • LifeStation Reviews
  • 1,000-Foot Range from Base Station

Low Price and No Long-Term Contracts

LifeStation has lower prices on medical alert systems than most other leading competitor medical alert companies. On top of that, there are no long-term contracts that rope customers into service for a specified period of time. With LifeStation, customers can cancel at any time without having to pay a cancellation fee. Both of these points make LifeStation a very wise financial choice.

Multiple Plan Options

LifeStation offers a variety of plans to ensure there is a choice that fits every consumer, regardless of their specific lifestyle. Whether you are regularly on the go or typically remain at your home, LifeStation has a plan to fit everyone's needs. You can also choose between monthly, quarterly, or annual billing services. Plan details for LifeStation's three main packages are below:

In-Home Landline — $19.95 per Month

This package is best for customers who most often remain at home but still want to remain independent and safe in the case of an emergency.

• Shower-safe buttons wearable as a pendant or on the wrist
  • Sensitive whole-house 2-way speakerphone
  • Optional fall detection pendant available
  • Plug compatible with landline phone jack or modem - optional Cellular System available

In-Home Cellular — $26.95 per Month

This plan is best for consumers looking for protection in their home and around their yard, as this plan has a larger range from the base station to ensure protection in the yard as well as in your home.

• 2-Way voice pendant
  • Shower-safe pendant up to 600-foot range (2 football fields)
  • Easy setup - connect to phone line and power within minutes
  • No activation or setup fees

Mobile LTE — $34.95 per Month

This package is best for consumers looking to be more active with their medical alert system and who plan to leave their homes quite often. This medical alert device is made specifically for on-the-go.

LifeStation’s Mobile LTE boasts the most advanced suite of capabilities to date in a medical alert system. Leveraging AT&T’s 4G LTE network, the nation’s fastest and most reliable system, it takes advantage of LifeStation’s award-winning monitoring center, allowing seniors to get help quickly and confidently, anywhere in the country

• Fastest, most reliable nationwide LTE Network
  • Most accurate location services, utilizing GPS and Wi-Fi
  • Fully waterproof — take it in the shower or bath with no worries
  • Longest battery life — up to five days without needing a charge

System and Warranty

LifeStation's medical alert systems are covered under a lifetime warranty. Their in-home system consists of a pendant or wristband with an emergency alert device button and a base station that is connected to their monitoring station. The base unit and emergency button work within 1,000 feet of each other. When you press the button, a Care Specialist is notified that you are having an emergency.

The base station features an enhanced speaker and voice capabilities that gives users two-way communication with a Care Specialist even if they have fallen down. For those without a traditional landline, LifeStation offers products for alternative phone service and mobile devices for seniors with active lifestyles. Read LifeStation reviews below to read about customers' experiences with different types of LifeStation alert systems.

Fastest Response Time in the Industry

LifeStation's monitoring station exceeds both national and industry standards for training and response time. It is a UL-listed and 5 Diamond Certified medical monitoring center with a strict training protocol for its personnel, starting with six weeks of formal classroom training and mandatory exams at the end of every module.

Once this training for the response center personnel is successfully completed, there is field training guided by TMA certified instructors. All new personnel receives weekly performance reviews for three months. This ensures a high standard of customer service and a quick response time.

The average LifeStation response time is 20 seconds. The company encourages its customers to do a monthly system test so they can see how quickly LifeStation responds to alerts. LifeStation systems also have check-in capabilities that allow the company to check your system each week to ensure it is communicating with the monitoring center.

Complimentary Alert Messaging

A LifeStation medical alert device also offers caregivers the option for an alert messaging service that sends automatic email notifications in the event their loved one has an emergency. It also performs a silent weekly test of the loved one's system and notifies them if the system has any issues.

30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

LifeStation features a 30-day money-back guarantee for any customer on any payment plan. This includes customers that still pay month-to-month. This can give customers peace of mind that they can test out LifeStation and get their money back if the medical alert service doesn't work for them. LifeStation is essentially risk-free, and anyone can try the service without committing to any fees or contracts.

Five-Day Battery for Mobile System

LifeStation's mobile medical alert system has an impressive battery life of up to five days, which is an upgrade from the previous 36 hours. This is considered impressively long, especially compared to other medical alert companies. Having a lengthy alarm battery life ensures the medical alert owner does not have to worry about charging the system every day and has the ability to go days without having to worry about doing so. LifeStation also replaces medical alert batteries for free so customers do not have to worry that this cost would be out of their pocket.

In the case of a power outage, LifeStation's system also has a backup battery that lasts for up to 32 hours. When your power turns back on, the battery will begin to self-charge.

Waterproof Alert Button

All of LifeStation's medical alert buttons are waterproof. This means you don't have to worry about taking off the alert device when showering, taking a bath, or during other activities that involve water. This is especially convenient since wet areas are the most fall-prone areas, so it is a major plus that you'll still have protection in these instances.

"Find My Loved One" Feature

For a limited time, LifeStation has created a "Find My Loved One" feature to go with all mobile GPS device packages. This feature allows anyone on the emergency contact list of the medical alert owner to text "Find + [medical alert owner's name]." The contact will then receive a text message with a link to the address of the loved one's location on a map.

Whether it's used as an extra safety precaution or a way to find a medical alert device if lost, this feature adds additional peace of mind and added security for medical alert owners and their loved ones. With a simple text, they can check up on their loved ones and their whereabouts at any time.

Free Spousal Alert Monitoring

If you have a spouse or another person in your home who also wants medical alert monitoring, LifeStation will provide the monitoring services completely free. The only cost the second medical alert user is responsible for is an extra help button, which is $3.99 per month.

LifeStation Reviews

LifeStation consumer reviews are overwhelmingly positive, highlighting exceptional LifeStation customer service, affordable pricing, quick response times, and quality equipment. LifeStation complaints are minimal, demonstrating a positive customer experience and awarding LifeStation a high star rating. Knowing LifeStation has reliable service and highly trained professionals can give consumers peace of mind that their loved one using the medical alert device will be taken care of.

1,000-Foot Range from Base Station

LifeStation has a 1,000-foot range from the base station for its medical alert devices. Many medical alert providers have lower ranges closer to 600 ft. A larger range gives consumers more flexibility in how far they can travel from the medical alert device base station and ensures more protection in the case of a fall or another emergency.

The Bad

Additional Fees

One way LifeStation's alert service falls short of its competitors, who offer spouse coverage at no additional charge, is by charging an additional fee of $3.99 per month for every extra alert button. Also at an extra cost is a LockBox, a bathroom and hallway alert button, and automatic fall detection, which some companies offer for free or include in the subscription fee. However, the fee is minimal and won't raise your monthly payment by a significant amount. Check out LifeStaton reviews below to see if this has proved to be a problem to past customers.

The Bottom Line

LifeStation offers both standard benefits as well as modern technological features like mobile GPS tracking technology and audible notifications, letting users know the battery needs to be recharged. LifeStation's pricing is on par with the lower to middle range of industry standards with a price-lock guarantee of one monthly rate and a 30-day money-back guarantee.

LifeStation's greatest strength lies in the industry certifications it holds, such as UL approval and TMA certified instructors to provide peace of mind. The major selling points are LifeStation's state of the art monitoring center, the automatic alerts for caregivers, and LifeStation Fall Detection. The medical alert service is known for its quality medical alert systems with high-end equipment, exceptional customer service, and affordable pricing, including a low-priced monthly fee, no activation fee, no equipment fee, and no contract length.

If you're interested in learning more about the medical alert provider, read LifeStation reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say about the company, its customer service, its equipment, and more.

View Best Medical Alert Companies

January 11th, 2018 Reading, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My sister picked out the system for me. I've never had any trouble with it. The device is loud enough and they always answer when I check on it. I know it works when I need it to. It's also cheaper than the other options

Kate Altman

January 11th, 2018 Mount Pleasant, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We didn't really decide on one thing or the other, we just kind of happened to choose that one. We've used it once or twice and they've responded right away. We don't have any problems with it.

Gerry Foltz

January 11th, 2018 Ashburn, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I found it through word of mouth, other people just talked to me about it. It has been a long time since the last time I had to use it, but I've pressed the button twice. It's connected to the EMS so when I press it they send in an ambulance or whatever I might need. On those occasions I've gotten the EMS here immediately. I guess the only problem I ever had was when the battery on the thing was going low, but all I had to do is charge them.

Charlottem Simonds

January 11th, 2018 Rome, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I read about it in an advertisement. Once I happened to bump it accidentally while I was in the kitchen and I heard the machine to go off. It didn't take too long after that for someone to call me to make sure that I was ok. They are very efficient. Though the service is a little expensive. I've been looking at some other offers out there to see if I could get something a little cheaper. I haven't done anything about that yet though.

Alice Heusinger

January 11th, 2018 Hopewell Junction, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I certainly did not want the life alert system that one of my family members had. She had a contract that pretty much said she couldn't get out of it unless she dropped dead. She was also paying much more money than what I'm paying now. I'm satisfied with my choice and the service they give me. Whenever I've had a problem or accidentally pushed the button they were right on the ball and responded to me without any problems. I'm very pleased and I've already recommended it to a number of people.

Janet Thompson

January 11th, 2018 Taylor, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The pricing was good, so I went with it. My mother uses the button around her neck and sometimes she complains that the cord bothers her. Still, it seems fine and they have been very responsive so far.

Larmargaret Stuckey

January 11th, 2018 Skipperville, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My son picked the service for me, he pays for it and everything. When I called in to check and see what's the deal with their work, everything seemed good. I don't always call when I should, but when I do they answer and everything goes well. I've had no problems so far. The system is working well and it seems to do what it's supposed to do.

Florence Murphy

January 11th, 2018 Melville, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

To be perfectly honest they are the first ones that I called when I first moved in here. I just liked their ads and I've been with them since. For the most part, my husband was the one that used it and needed it most. Since he passed away recently, I haven't had reason to use it much myself. Still, I've had nice experiences with them all along the way when we needed them. They've responded well when there were emergencies and it has been very quick and nice. I've been pleased with the results. For most of those situations, we were close enough to the main base, the machine thing, and it was very easy to use and to call them from there. I think the price is reasonable for the service.

Ellen Wilson

January 11th, 2018 Saint George, KS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We just kind of researched our options and what was out there and decided to go with them. They've done what they say they'll do. Though it would be nice if the device could work when you're away from home, but I imagine that would be pretty difficult to do. It's a great company though.

Gloria Tate

January 11th, 2018 Appleton, WI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My son is the one that chose this for me. Overall it all seems to be good.

Phyllis Wagus

January 11th, 2018 Cumberland, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I got the device a few years ago and my son was the one that picked it out for me. I haven't really called them much, but when I do they've been right there to talk with me. It has always worked when I needed it. I'm very satisfied with it.

Olga

January 9th, 2018 95441 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

To be honest, I have not yet used lifestation (thankfully) so am unable to fully evaluate service status, but will say I feel reassured that I have it.

Karen Groh

January 9th, 2018 Boise, ID DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great customer service, prompt answering

Kathleen

January 9th, 2018 Henderson, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I feel much safer knowing my Mom is minutes away if she needs help.

Inez Jones

January 9th, 2018 Fayetteville, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I havn't had to use it. After testin the system , the response was very timily

Annette Pace

January 9th, 2018 Pittsburgh, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Inconsistentency with notifications. I have enrolled in text notifications but only receive them when we test the unit. There have been other times my mother has pressed her alert button & have discovered so by her home phone caller ID when customer service responds to her.

Liz

January 9th, 2018 Hayward, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Medical device not sure if worth it, seems I had a better device with former alert company

Beverly Ophoff

January 9th, 2018 Grants Pass, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

reliable-don't worry now about falling- I have recommended it to several friends.

Marilyn

January 9th, 2018 Independence, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Seems to take a bit of time for them to answer. Very polite when they do, but was not prepared for wait times.

Denny S

January 9th, 2018 Newark, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The monitor goes off on it's on. The first one I had quit charging. It took over two weeks to get the new one. I'm concerned that it will go off and I don't hear it and the sqad will show up at my house.

Kathy

January 9th, 2018 Brooklyn, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The staff was extremely nice and helpful. The equipment came quickly. The monthly cost is reasonable.

L B

January 9th, 2018 Elizabethtown, KY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Their service is exactly what they do. We had a false alarm on oyr end, but Life Station everything they promised to insure the person got help.

Belle

January 9th, 2018 Canoga Park, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They responded to my needs in a few minutes

Linda

January 9th, 2018 Homer, AK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They were very friendly and if you accidentally set off your button they just wanted to make sure you were OK and then reset your button for you.

XXX

January 9th, 2018 Milford, DE DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Time it takes to get you to answer when button is pressed

Sam Jankovich

January 9th, 2018 Hayden, ID DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Too big very cumbersome would like to have something smaller

Sue

January 9th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very attentive and helpful. Initial instructions were excellent and easy to initiate

Daughter caring for my mom.

January 9th, 2018 Forest Lake, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

You don't allow customers to have both the 1/2 oz pendant for in the house and have the GPS for outside the house. I was told from your customer service rep that you only allow one or the other. We are leaving and going to another company because of this.

jeanette geary

January 2nd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

sometimes it seems takes a little long for them to answer phone

Kay

January 2nd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ireally don't know how it works yet cause we haven't had any emergencies thank God but so far it's good my dad seems very happy with it

Nick Losito

January 2nd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

accidently set alarm a few times ,response was immediate,great job !!

Loretta

Good customer service. Easy of installation. Easy of use. Peace of mind

Barb

January 2nd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

when we did the test, we were put on hold "for the next available customer rep" - if I was having a heart attack, I dont think I would want to wait several minutes to talk to someone

Karen Helms

January 2nd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Information given at the inquiry was very helpful, signing up was easy and the peace of mind I have for my mom while I am not there is unmeasurable

Marcia

January 2nd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Hard to get used to having it hang around my neck all the time. I find myself going out the door without it.

Caring son

January 2nd, 2018 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

prompt to repsond when the button on device is pushed

Betty

January 2nd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Because I have since discovered another with even more features & at half the price & would like to switch. Did I sign a contract? Know I've already pd. for a year. Please advise & thank you.

Yolanda

January 2nd, 2018 Fort Lauderdale, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Reliable when called upon in an emergency. It did not fail.

Joanne

January 2nd, 2018 Cleveland, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have use the medical alert once since I got it. I feel very safe and secured using it.

Patricia Neuendorff

January 2nd, 2018 Medina, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Reasonable pricing, no long-term contract

Mark Hendricks

January 2nd, 2018 Grand Rapids, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We gave just gotten it and haven't had to use it yet. Seems easy .

Deb (daughter of user)

January 2nd, 2018 Arcadia, WI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

So far have been very professional and reliable. Has been very quick response time.

Priscilla Jackson

January 2nd, 2018 Smithville, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Responsive and cordial. I had to adjust the initial unit i got for my mom and they took care of it in minutes 2 days later she had her new unit. it

Phillip Walker(my son) he bought me the unit.

January 2nd, 2018 San Angelo, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

quick response time very attentive.??Would rather have it and not need it then don't have it and wish I did.

Patricia

January 2nd, 2018 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Customer service was polite and extremely helpful. They made the process fast and easy

Letty

January 2nd, 2018 Simi Valley, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Because in an accidental trigger the order emergency contacts was not followed.

Dave

January 2nd, 2018 Lancaster, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

So far working with LifeStation has been good, but I haven't had to use them in an emergency so far.

Maria

January 2nd, 2018 Sunnyvale, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The device is up to date and easy to use.

Flora Bennett/Geraldine London

January 2nd, 2018 Fremont, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Easy set up and fast response. I was able with minimal support to get it and running.

Jeff Rodrigs

January 2nd, 2018 Capitola, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Good service and good size of device . Not sure what else to say