Since 1977, LifeStation has been offering medical alert devices and medical monitoring services designed by medical alert industry veterans to help seniors live independently. LifeStation makes getting emergency assistance easier for seniors who want to live in the comfort of their own home at an affordable cost. LifeStation looks after the health and well-being of older adults, giving them, as well as their family members, peace of mind knowing they will be protected with LifeStation's emergency services and medical monitoring.

Additional highlights of the company include low monthly monitoring fees ($19.95–34.95), no equipment fees, no activation fees, no contract length, and a lifetime warranty on LifeStation equipment. The medical alert company has high ratings and exceptional service, which is evidenced by a number of positive Life Station reviews below.

Click here to go straight to LifeStation customer reviews

The Good

• Low Price and No Long-Term Contracts
  • Multiple Plan Options
  • System and Warranty
  • Fastest Response time in the Industry
  • Complimentary Alert Messaging
  • 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
  • Five-Day Battery for Mobile System
  • Waterproof Alert Button
  • "Find My Loved One" Feature
  • Free Spousal Alert Monitoring
  • LifeStation Reviews
  • 1,000-Foot Range from Base Station

Low Price and No Long-Term Contracts

LifeStation has lower prices on medical alert systems than most other leading competitor medical alert companies. On top of that, there are no long-term contracts that rope customers into service for a specified period of time. With LifeStation, customers can cancel at any time without having to pay a cancellation fee. Both of these points make LifeStation a very wise financial choice.

Multiple Plan Options

LifeStation offers a variety of plans to ensure there is a choice that fits every consumer, regardless of their specific lifestyle. Whether you are regularly on the go or typically remain at your home, LifeStation has a plan to fit everyone's needs. You can also choose between monthly, quarterly, or annual billing services. Plan details for LifeStation's three main packages are below:

In-Home Landline — $19.95 per Month

This package is best for customers who most often remain at home but still want to remain independent and safe in the case of an emergency.

• Shower-safe buttons wearable as a pendant or on the wrist
  • Sensitive whole-house 2-way speakerphone
  • Optional fall detection pendant available
  • Plug compatible with landline phone jack or modem - optional Cellular System available

In-Home Cellular — $26.95 per Month

This plan is best for consumers looking for protection in their home and around their yard, as this plan has a larger range from the base station to ensure protection in the yard as well as in your home.

• 2-Way voice pendant
  • Shower-safe pendant up to 600-foot range (2 football fields)
  • Easy setup - connect to phone line and power within minutes
  • No activation or setup fees

Mobile LTE — $34.95 per Month

This package is best for consumers looking to be more active with their medical alert system and who plan to leave their homes quite often. This medical alert device is made specifically for on-the-go.

LifeStation’s Mobile LTE boasts the most advanced suite of capabilities to date in a medical alert system. Leveraging AT&T’s 4G LTE network, the nation’s fastest and most reliable system, it takes advantage of LifeStation’s award-winning monitoring center, allowing seniors to get help quickly and confidently, anywhere in the country

• Fastest, most reliable nationwide LTE Network
  • Most accurate location services, utilizing GPS and Wi-Fi
  • Fully waterproof — take it in the shower or bath with no worries
  • Longest battery life — up to five days without needing a charge

System and Warranty

LifeStation's medical alert systems are covered under a lifetime warranty. Their in-home system consists of a pendant or wristband with an emergency alert device button and a base station that is connected to their monitoring station. The base unit and emergency button work within 1,000 feet of each other. When you press the button, a Care Specialist is notified that you are having an emergency.

The base station features an enhanced speaker and voice capabilities that gives users two-way communication with a Care Specialist even if they have fallen down. For those without a traditional landline, LifeStation offers products for alternative phone service and mobile devices for seniors with active lifestyles. Read LifeStation reviews below to read about customers' experiences with different types of LifeStation alert systems.

Fastest Response Time in the Industry

LifeStation's monitoring station exceeds both national and industry standards for training and response time. It is a UL-listed and 5 Diamond Certified medical monitoring center with a strict training protocol for its personnel, starting with six weeks of formal classroom training and mandatory exams at the end of every module.

Once this training for the response center personnel is successfully completed, there is field training guided by TMA certified instructors. All new personnel receives weekly performance reviews for three months. This ensures a high standard of customer service and a quick response time.

The average LifeStation response time is 20 seconds. The company encourages its customers to do a monthly system test so they can see how quickly LifeStation responds to alerts. LifeStation systems also have check-in capabilities that allow the company to check your system each week to ensure it is communicating with the monitoring center.

Complimentary Alert Messaging

A LifeStation medical alert device also offers caregivers the option for an alert messaging service that sends automatic email notifications in the event their loved one has an emergency. It also performs a silent weekly test of the loved one's system and notifies them if the system has any issues.

30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

LifeStation features a 30-day money-back guarantee for any customer on any payment plan. This includes customers that still pay month-to-month. This can give customers peace of mind that they can test out LifeStation and get their money back if the medical alert service doesn't work for them. LifeStation is essentially risk-free, and anyone can try the service without committing to any fees or contracts.

Five-Day Battery for Mobile System

LifeStation's mobile medical alert system has an impressive battery life of up to five days, which is an upgrade from the previous 36 hours. This is considered impressively long, especially compared to other medical alert companies. Having a lengthy alarm battery life ensures the medical alert owner does not have to worry about charging the system every day and has the ability to go days without having to worry about doing so. LifeStation also replaces medical alert batteries for free so customers do not have to worry that this cost would be out of their pocket.

In the case of a power outage, LifeStation's system also has a backup battery that lasts for up to 32 hours. When your power turns back on, the battery will begin to self-charge.

Waterproof Alert Button

All of LifeStation's medical alert buttons are waterproof. This means you don't have to worry about taking off the alert device when showering, taking a bath, or during other activities that involve water. This is especially convenient since wet areas are the most fall-prone areas, so it is a major plus that you'll still have protection in these instances.

"Find My Loved One" Feature

For a limited time, LifeStation has created a "Find My Loved One" feature to go with all mobile GPS device packages. This feature allows anyone on the emergency contact list of the medical alert owner to text "Find + [medical alert owner's name]." The contact will then receive a text message with a link to the address of the loved one's location on a map.

Whether it's used as an extra safety precaution or a way to find a medical alert device if lost, this feature adds additional peace of mind and added security for medical alert owners and their loved ones. With a simple text, they can check up on their loved ones and their whereabouts at any time.

Free Spousal Alert Monitoring

If you have a spouse or another person in your home who also wants medical alert monitoring, LifeStation will provide the monitoring services completely free. The only cost the second medical alert user is responsible for is an extra help button, which is $3.99 per month.

LifeStation Reviews

LifeStation consumer reviews are overwhelmingly positive, highlighting exceptional LifeStation customer service, affordable pricing, quick response times, and quality equipment. LifeStation complaints are minimal, demonstrating a positive customer experience and awarding LifeStation a high star rating. Knowing LifeStation has reliable service and highly trained professionals can give consumers peace of mind that their loved one using the medical alert device will be taken care of.

1,000-Foot Range from Base Station

LifeStation has a 1,000-foot range from the base station for its medical alert devices. Many medical alert providers have lower ranges closer to 600 ft. A larger range gives consumers more flexibility in how far they can travel from the medical alert device base station and ensures more protection in the case of a fall or another emergency.

The Bad

Additional Fees

One way LifeStation's alert service falls short of its competitors, who offer spouse coverage at no additional charge, is by charging an additional fee of $3.99 per month for every extra alert button. Also at an extra cost is a LockBox, a bathroom and hallway alert button, and automatic fall detection, which some companies offer for free or include in the subscription fee. However, the fee is minimal and won't raise your monthly payment by a significant amount. Check out LifeStaton reviews below to see if this has proved to be a problem to past customers.

The Bottom Line

LifeStation offers both standard benefits as well as modern technological features like mobile GPS tracking technology and audible notifications, letting users know the battery needs to be recharged. LifeStation's pricing is on par with the lower to middle range of industry standards with a price-lock guarantee of one monthly rate and a 30-day money-back guarantee.

LifeStation's greatest strength lies in the industry certifications it holds, such as UL approval and TMA certified instructors to provide peace of mind. The major selling points are LifeStation's state of the art monitoring center, the automatic alerts for caregivers, and LifeStation Fall Detection. The medical alert service is known for its quality medical alert systems with high-end equipment, exceptional customer service, and affordable pricing, including a low-priced monthly fee, no activation fee, no equipment fee, and no contract length.

If you're interested in learning more about the medical alert provider, read LifeStation reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say about the company, its customer service, its equipment, and more.

Frank Tropea
December 2nd, 2019 Cicero, NY

Easy to use and simple and safe for my elderly parent . Track ability is essential for my specific needs

Dec 03, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Frank!

Joan E Kolbert
November 27th, 2019 Somers, NY DETAILS

I wear my Life Station phone at all times and receive frequent calls asking if I am OK. If I ask what I have done to alert them, they suggest i speak with a different department. However, this month I fell two times. One late at night in the bathroom and this past Sunday in the parking lot of a store. I was bruised but did not break anything. I was wearing the life Station phone both times. At neither time did I receive a call to find out if I was OK. After the first fall I spoke to a women in the department I was connected to in order to tell her about my fall and that I was paying for fall protection. She told me it does not work all the time and if I was not satisfied I can cancel my service at any time as I had no contract. I consider that very poor customer service.

Dec 04, 2019

Thank you for your feedback Joan. We are glad that we were able to speak to you regarding your issues with the fall detection functionality. If you have any other questions or concerns please do not hesitate to call our 24/7 customer service line at 800-998-2400. Thank You

June Thomas
November 25th, 2019 Ocala, FL

The first machine was bad and they replaced it but I am handicapped so installing twice was hard for me so they gave me a month free, which made me feel better because I didn't have a machine that month. So far everyone has been nice

Nov 27, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review June!

Margaret moran
November 25th, 2019 Elmont, NY

They sent me an email a few weeks ago that I would be hearing from them soon. I 'm still waiting

Dec 04, 2019

Thank you for your feedback Margaret. If you would like to speak to us regarding your any concerns you may have please call our 24/7 customer service line at 800-998-2400. Thank You

sylvia & arny wishner
November 25th, 2019 Jericho, NY

FANTASTIC! The staff is very patient,helpful and very knowledgeable.

Nov 27, 2019

Thanks for the review Sylvia and Arny!

Angie
November 21st, 2019 Knox, IN DETAILS

I received this For my 85 yr old grandmother. Which I did not work in her area! Which was very frustrated! We worked with customer service to try to getting working which unsuccessful!! So I called to return item I have to pay to ship it back!! That is unreal to me all company’s have return shipping!!!

Nov 27, 2019

Thank you for this information Angie. From what I can see you have already spoken to Customer Service about returning the Device and have been informed to call back for the refund when the device has been properly returned to the warehouse. That being said, there is nothing else I can do for you since you have already returned the unit. After you call when the device is returned there should be no issues in getting your refund. Thank You

Lois Uhalde
November 8th, 2019 Reno, NV

The person was able to answer all my questions and was very polite.

Nov 08, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Lois!

LORRAINE GILMAN
November 8th, 2019

I have been ery satisfied with LifeStation.

Thanks Lorraine!

Roger Arends
November 8th, 2019 Melvin, IL

Impression favorable But never recieved the system and was under the impression it was on it's way here?

T.Ortega
November 8th, 2019

Terrible, I asked specific questions to ensure I was going with the right company and wasn't told the truth. The device came and after and after a phone call about the device that was sent, they said the wrong device was sent. An hour on the phone and another device was being shipped. I asked more questions and was assured this device was what I was looking for. Second device arrives and sure enough it wasn't what I needed and not what I wanted for my mom. So I shipped both devices back and cancelled. It took them 5 mins to take my money but I was told to wait 10days after I shipped the devices back to call and then cancel. 10 days goes by, I call and cancel only to be told, I'll be refunded in 10-15 business days. Waste of time dealing with this company, instead of telling people what they want to hear, in order to make a sale, tell people the truth!

Nov 13, 2019

Hello T. I am trying to find your account in order to look into this situation but so far I have been unable to find it with the information that was provided. Would you be willing to provide the phone number that was used to place the order, or the full name of the user? If I have this information i should be able to properly locate your account and I can begin to explore any potential solutions to this situation. Thank You

Eva Anders
November 8th, 2019 Abilene, TX

the person i got on the phone was great. she answered all my questions and told me some things i had not thought of. i got this for my husband.

Nov 08, 2019

Thank you for the review Eva!

wiliam
November 8th, 2019 Walnut Creek, CA

Sounded like the best, but they double chArged she the first month. They gave no excuse and denied the payments. My credit card co deleted one of the payment. I dropped my device e and they answered right away. Reserving judgment.

Nov 13, 2019

Thank you for your feedback Wiliam. We will look into the payments made to determine what went wrong on our side.

Robert
November 4th, 2019 San Jose, CA DETAILS

When I needed an alert the system was disconnected at my enr. I have too many false alerts.

Nov 13, 2019

Thank you for your feedback Robert. We will take a look at your account to make sure that you device is working as intended.

Tina
October 29th, 2019 DETAILS

ease of use/quick and friendly customer service

Oct 29, 2019

Thanks for the review Tina!

Leonor
October 29th, 2019 DETAILS

I believe it's a false sense of security, for the kids of aging parents.

Oct 30, 2019

Thank you for your feedback Leonor. Our monitoring specialists provide 24/7 protection for our users, which helps provide peace of mind to the families of our users since they know in the case of an emergency we will be ready to help however we can.

Beryl C. Elliott (Mrs.) - widow
October 29th, 2019 DETAILS

They quickly respond whenever I accidentally manage to press the medical alert

Oct 29, 2019

Thanks for the review Beryl!

M.Konishi
October 29th, 2019 DETAILS

Never used but gives me peace of mind. Does not have automatic alert with fall in case I am unconcious

Oct 29, 2019

Thank you for your review M. If you are interested in adding fall detection to your system please give us a call at your earliest convenience.

Lisa
October 29th, 2019 DETAILS

Very professional and helpful on the phone. Helped me upgrade to new unit with no out of pocket expense.

Oct 29, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Lisa!

Susanne Blumenberg
October 29th, 2019 DETAILS

I had no emergency call of the company, but when I call for equipment check for battery they answer promptly.

Oct 29, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Susanne!

Lee Grant
October 29th, 2019 DETAILS

Sometimes charging is difficult and incomplete leaving less operating time available.

Oct 29, 2019

Thanks for the review Lee! If you think your device is having issues charging please give us a call so we can make sure everything is operating as intended.

Debbie
October 29th, 2019 DETAILS

Affordable. Fast response. Informing immediate relatives via phone, text and email.

Thanks Debbie!

Genella
October 29th, 2019 DETAILS

I know that it works so that gives me confidence. Whenever I have accidentally set it off I get a call right away. It helps me to feel safer. I know that I could get help right away.

Oct 29, 2019

Thanks for the review Genella!

Terri Hawkins
October 29th, 2019 DETAILS

We've never had to use it for an emergency so I don't know how that part of the service is

Oct 29, 2019

Thank you for the review Terri!

Bgh
October 29th, 2019 DETAILS

Devises are sensitive.I won't wear them just keep handy in bathroom and near stairs.not o.person as it should be..

Oct 30, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. If you believe that the fall detection is too sensitive you can give us a call and we can turn the feature off. The device by itself will not activate without the button being pushed so this would be an easy solution to your concern and would allow you to wear the device without worry.

Renee Schulz (daughter of user)
October 29th, 2019 DETAILS

Great response when alert goes off or I have called them

Thanks Renee!

Lynn
October 29th, 2019 DETAILS

I have LifeStation for my Dad and he has had to hit the button for help and the response has been great each time. This gives me peace of mind since I don't luve kn the sa.e State.

Thanks Lynn!

Scott Lake
October 29th, 2019 DETAILS

It saved my Mother in Law a lot of misery when she fell late one night May 2019. She had dislocated her shoulder and couldn't get up at 11:15pm wh

Oct 29, 2019

Thank you for the review Scott!

Ellen
October 29th, 2019 DETAILS

We've had Lifestation for our mother for 7 years since my Father passed away, Gratefully, we've never had a need to test it out. However, when we do the routine testing and discover an issue with the machine, the Lifestation staff is swift to respond. We have had to replace the machine once.

Oct 29, 2019

Thanks for the review Ellen!

Doris jarrett
October 29th, 2019 DETAILS

They answer quickly and are so helpful and courteous.

Thanks Doris!

Laughney
October 29th, 2019 DETAILS

My mother doesn't like the system and only really uses the cipher lock. Won't wear the wristband because it went off and you stressed her out telling her to get on the floor when she was trying to explain. She is not tech savvy. She called ambulance several times from her home phone because she doesn't trust the unit.

Dec 03, 2019

Thank you, Laughney for your feedback. We recently tried to reach out to you to discuss your concerns but were unable to reach you. Please contact our 24/7 customer service line at 800.998.2400.

Frederic (Rick) Ray
October 29th, 2019 DETAILS

Great service and customer service and friendly and understanding responders!

Oct 29, 2019

Thank you for the review Rick!

Lillian Perrica
October 29th, 2019 DETAILS

It takes too long for an answer when the button is pushed

Dec 03, 2019

Thank you, Lillian for your feedback. We recently tried to reach out to you to discuss your console functionality. Please contact our 24/7 customer service line at 800.998.2400.

SIDNEY GIRE
October 29th, 2019 DETAILS

Reliable service, competitive cost. My sister has used their emergency service twice due to falling.

Oct 29, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Sidney!

Orlando Watanabe
October 29th, 2019 DETAILS

I "test" my system monthly. The last "test the person responding took a little longer to answer and did not check my address before hanging up.

Oct 29, 2019

Thank you for your feedback Orlando!

Barbara
October 29th, 2019 DETAILS

Would prefer faster response time when testing

Oct 29, 2019

Thank you for your feedback Barbara.

Donna Lebold
October 23rd, 2019 Canby, OR

I feel secure now when I am out working in the yard and walking. I walk around a filbert orchard and the back of the orchard is quite far from the road. If I should fall the GPS will tell people exactly where I am.

Oct 23, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Donna!

Byron
October 23rd, 2019 Round Rock, TX DETAILS

She's used LifeStation probably a dozen times over the years and the response was immediate. I like the response time of the device.

October 23rd, 2019 Franklin, LA DETAILS

I've gotten very good service and the device is very good. I fell and broke four ribs and I got an immediate response.

Shirley
October 23rd, 2019 New York, NY DETAILS

LifeStation has responded as promised immediately. I accidentally fell in my house, I actually fell on the device, and they came immediately and responded although I was really okay. I would like to be able to have one outside of the house.

Tricia
October 23rd, 2019 Draper, UT DETAILS

Always a great response when I need it. The device is for my mother and there were several times when she had fallen and just pushed the button on her little necklace and help was there very quickly.

Mary
October 23rd, 2019 San Diego, CA DETAILS

The customer service has been very helpful over the years that we've had them. I like the demeanor of the individuals that answer the phone and their ability to be come in a crisis. I just got through testing the device and it did take a little bit of time for them to answer it. In fact it stops saying "emergency" and then we have to wait for somebody to answer or pick up but I did have to use it for a number of falls and a stroke for my mom. Overall, it's been great.

Oct 23, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Mary!

Susan
October 23rd, 2019 DETAILS

They've been always been able to help with what we need. They've been very helpful. Sometimes the device goes off by accident. There has been times when my mom's been in trouble that instead of using the phone to call them, it was quite helpful for an an emergency somewhere in between.

Oct 23, 2019

Thank you for the review Susan!

Margaret
October 23rd, 2019 Falls Church, VA DETAILS

I had two instances that I have had to call them and they did a very good job getting help to me. I'm afraid I'll accidentally set it off. I haven't so far, but that worries me.

Sandra
October 23rd, 2019 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

Never been any issues. It just works. Every test is just perfect.

Louise
October 23rd, 2019 Escondido, CA DETAILS

I got a response very quickly and that was fine. I like the fact that it's convenient. I can get to it and press the button and then get a response. I've gotten a response very quickly and they arrive at my front door and it was fine.

Thanks Louise!

Ruth
October 22nd, 2019 DETAILS

I've used them in two life threatening emergencies. They helped me by getting an ambulance here fast. They've been very responsive. I would recommend the company because they have been a great help to me.

Oct 22, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Ruth!

Kevin
October 22nd, 2019 Ocala, FL DETAILS

Both parents have fallen and required the device. Seems very reliable and responsive.

Oct 22, 2019

Thank you for the review Kevin!

Irene
October 22nd, 2019 DETAILS

They always responded and helped us out whenever we needed it. I like that you can hear it all over the house. My mother fell a couple times when she was alone and used it and they came right out.

anonymous
October 22nd, 2019 Cincinnati, OH DETAILS

Always there when I need them. I test it every month.

Doris
October 22nd, 2019 Vinton, VA DETAILS

They are very good to me. They always answer when I push that button. They're there to help me and I appreciate it. My husband fell outside on a cold night. I pushed the button and they were there swiftly with help.

Oct 22, 2019

Thank you the kind words Doris!