LifeFone has been in the Personal Emergency Response System business since 1976. Over the years, the LifeFone medical alert system has earned the recommendation of hospitals, area agencies on aging, home health care providers, and geriatric care managers as an integral part of a customer's overall care program.
Rank Chart

#6
life_fone

$24.95-$46.95
7.5

The Good

• Price
  • Contract
  • Monitoring
  • Customer service
  • Lifetime price guarantee
  • Mobile apps

LifeFone’s Medical Alert System has a long list of no-cost benefits, with devices backed by a Lifetime Warranty and access to LifeFone’s nationwide 24/7 monitoring centers in the event of an emergency with just the press of a button.

LifeFone provides several benefits, including:

• Price: Depending on the package, LifeFone charges anywhere from $24.95 to $46.95 per month for various nonstop monitoring and emergency dispatch services. There are no activation or equipment fees associated with setting up the account.
  • Contract: LifeFone offers members a monthly, quarterly, and yearly subscription service. There is no contract. If members wish to terminate the service, they can do so at any time at no charge under LifeFone’s Lifetime Warranty. If members have prepaid for their service, they will receive a refund on any unused, prepaid service. Every LifeFone unit is backed by this warranty and LifeFone equipment will be replaced at no charge.
  • Monitoring: LifeFone monitors 24/7 and provides optional Fall Detection (depending on the product you choose). The devices’ built- in sensors will detect a fall and instantly contact LifeFone’s call center for help.
  • Customer Service: LifeFone’s professional Emergency Care Agents are on call 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
  • Lifetime Price Guarantee. Whatever price customers pay upon signup will not be changed for the duration of the plan unless they switch to a new plan or product.
  • Mobile Apps: LifeFone has two mobile apps, Mobile Alert™ and Family Guard™. This allows the families and/or caregivers to have the ability to configure family monitoring and tracking for the individual, while also having a separate App for the individual to get help anywhere in the U.S. through their cellular service.

The Bad

• Fall detection fee
  • Response time
  • Certified

LifeFone has been in operation since 1976, so it must be doing something right. In fact, it seems to be doing a lot right. With its free benefits, guarantees, warranties and a long list of product benefits, there isn’t much to complain about.

However, here are possible drawbacks:

• Fall Detection fee: There is an additional $5 fee for Fall Detection on the Landline Plan. After that, it is an additional $10/month for additional Fall Detection pendants.
  • Response Time: LifeFone has one of the slower response times compared to almost all other medical alert companies in the industry. Note that it may take them up to 60 seconds to respond to emergencies after the personal help button has been pressed.
  • Certified: Though LifeFone’s monitoring team has undergone extensive training, it is difficult to determine – based on the information from their site – whether these monitors are EMT-certified, as is required by several other medical alert companies.

The Bottom Line

LifeFone provides service to those who often need medical assistance or may be more at-risk for medical emergencies while at home alone. This gives seniors the chance to enjoy the comfort of living in their own home while still able to receive emergency medical assistance at any time. The customer care agents are trained and available 24/7 to assist and answer in-home emergency calls anytime. Members create an emergency plan with each subscriber that includes the names for those to contact in case of emergency. With the emergency plan, customer care agents can effectively respond to medical emergencies as they happen.

View All Medical Alert Systems

More Information

Company Details

Contract*

LifeFone does not have any service contracts to keep customers using its services for a specified time period. Instead, customers can choose to pay either annually, quarterly, or monthly to decide how long they want to use these services for. If customers decide the emergency alert services are no longer necessary, they can cancel at any time they want. When customers cancel their services, and once they return the used equipment, they will receive a full refund for the unused portion of the services already paid for (regardless of the payment plan chosen).

All customers will be required to agree to the Terms of Service agreement before they can receive service. This agreement is given to customers as they are going through the signup and beginning process.

*In no way does this summation strive to compensate for reading the actual terms of service or contract provided by this company. We are providing this information to allow consumers to see the points of the contract that we believe they should be aware of. Please refer to the company’s term of service or contract document to see the full details.

Warranty Details

Every piece of equipment used by LifeFone customers is covered by a lifetime warranty, regardless of which service package is being used. This warranty does not seem to be limited in any way and covers all damage. A replacement piece of equipment will be shipped quickly to the customer with no additional charge or consequence.

Accreditations

The services offered to customers by LifeFone have been accredited by Underwriters Laboratory, which is a major accreditation organization in this industry. Its services are also recommended by several healthcare providers across the country. These professionals are the ones who work with the target customer and know how to best help them.

Package Details

There are several different options that LifeFone offers its customers. Customers can choose not only the type of features they need in their service package. But they can also choose the payment plan that will work best for their situation; either monthly, quarterly, or annually. If a customer chooses to pay quarterly or annually there will be slight discounts in the overall payment. The specifics of each service package are as follows:

At Home Landline:

X close

8 LifeFone Reviews

1. Select Your Rating:

0=WORST 10=BEST

2. Subject For This Review*(Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

or

1. User Score

November 2nd, 2016 New York, NY

We got this service for my Mom 2 years ago and we have been very pleased with it. Lifefone has gotten her help quickly every time she needs it, she falls quite often. They also call us every time to let us know whats going on, which is great! The operators are really patient with her. We recommend lifefone to all our friends who worry about their parents being alone. So good job!

2. User Score

August 5th, 2016 Miami, FL

My mother has had LifeFone since my father died six years ago. The service gives us both tremendous peace of mind. She is very particular, and she finds the people there to be both helpful and professional. We had a false alarm about nine months ago when her phone was busy for hours. I didn’t know what to do, as I was living in another state. I was ready to get on a plane, fearing the worst. I called LifeFone for advice, and the LifeFone agent was wonderful. She suggested that she send a police officer to do a welfare check. It turned out that my mother had left the phone off the hook. LifeFone gave me a simple and fast solution. They were reassuring and effective at a time when I was panicking, and I am very grateful.

3. User Score

July 22nd, 2016 Bay Shore, NY

We got LifeFone for my mom who lives 1000 miles away in a rural area. She’d had a mild heart attack and was weak on her feet, and we were all worried she would fall and not get help for hours. I feel so much better knowing she can speak with someone immediately, who will get her help quickly. The customer service people were very kind and patient with us when we called with questions. My sisters and I are glad that we chose this company.

4. User Score

July 20th, 2016 Poughkeepsie, NY

We are very happy with the piece of mind having LifeFone gave me and my family. Knowing our mother is only the push of a button away from getting help if she needs it reassures us all. All the people I’ve dealt with, from the Central Station to billing qustions we had were, were very helpful and easy to deal with.

5. User Score

April 16th, 2016 West Bend, WI

Had LIFEFONE for 2 years – not knowing there was no landline. Paid for an unavailable service & was never advised accordingly.

2 2

6. User Score

February 3rd, 2016 Fort Myers, FL

I bought LifeFone for my grandmother last year. She has used it a few times now and the employees at LifeFone were very nice and seemed helpful when we talked to them. We are very happy because she wears it all the time and we even recommended it to our neighbor!

7. User Score

October 24th, 2015 Clarkston, MI

We’ve had this for a few days now and are happy with the system and the response team and intend to keep the system for the long term. After the initial sale, their customer service can be exasperating. It took several calls to get satisfactory responses to product issues, exchanges, etc. Often, promises were made to fulfill my requests but nothing happened and then additional calls were required. I finally learned out of exasperation to email [email protected] to receive prompt and effective service. I hope we’re through the “growing pains” and will do well from now on.

8. User Score

June 11th, 2015 Troy, IL

It worked great until they updated something then it didn’t work. Spent hours trying to get it work. Wouldn’t give me a refund for the time it didn’t work…said it’s my phone line though nothing changed but their update.

8 1