Life Protect was incorporated in 2013 in the Norfolk, Virginia area of the United States. Upon signup, members can choose from two monitoring units: the Landline Monitoring Unit and eResponder Cellular Mobile Unit.

Rank Chart

#23
life_protect_24_7

$29.99-$39.99
4.9

The Good

• Contract
  • Monitoring
  • Customer service
  • Convenient
  • Lifetime price guarantee
  • Money-back guarantee

The unique selling point of Life Protect 24-7’s medical alert system is that it isn’t limited to medical emergencies. You can use it any time you feel nervous or threatened, such as the case of a fire or a break in. Customers get the equipment free.

Contract

Life Protect 24/7 offers members a monthly subscription service. They can also opt to pay quarterly or annually. There is no contract or activation fee, and customers can cancel at any time.

Monitoring

Customer service associates are available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to handle your emergencies or just answer your questions.

Life Protect doesn’t outsource its customer service to third parties. They operate their own UL listed state-of-the-art operating centers that monitor and serve customers across the U.S. All operators are CSAA (Central Station Alarm Association) certified. All of the specialists complete 180 hours of classroom training before they ever take a phone call.

Convenient

Life Protect 24/7’s devices are simple to set up, requiring only to be plugged into your landline phone. In the case of the cell, it requires almost no setup. Just carry the device with you wherever you go for protection. Another neat feature is that the equipment is synced with the monitoring center, so it is activated automatically upon arrival.

Lifetime Price Guarantee

Life Protect 24/7 guarantees its members that the subscription price they pay upon signing up will always be the price they pay.

Money-Back Guarantee

Although the company offers a full refund in the first 30 days of purchase if you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase.

Not the company you are searching for? Looking for Life Alert? Click here.

The Bad

• Limited product information

Limited Product Information

Most medical alert companies offer more information about their product and services. Life Protect 24/7 offers limited information. The website doesn’t have any information on the company, no ‘About Us’ page or Company history. Also, it is not clear what fees you will have to pay outside of the subscription fee. For example, it isn’t clear if you have to pay a shipping and handling fee. If you want to learn more details, you have to contact them by phone or by email, which puts you in a position of being sold before you’re ready.
Want to know which companies are top-rated? Click here.

The Bottom Line

The Life Protect’s best unique feature is that you can call them for non-medical emergencies as well as medical emergencies. Another advantage is their 24/7 customer support with agents that are vetted and industry certified. The company’s subscription fees are competitive. The products are quality but lack features other companies in the medical alert industry offer, such as a Fall Protection sensor. The product is best for seniors living independently without serious health issues.

View Top Rated Companies

More Information

Equipment Details

The EZ Care Landline System

• The EZ Care Landline System comes with a base unit and pendant.
  • Battery life is monitored by the monitoring center and when the battery is running low, the unit sends a notification to the center.
  • Simple to install – simply pug the base unit into an existing phone jack and it is ready to go. Unit accommodates plugging a telephone into the base for ease of use.
  • Battery backup is standard for protection during power outages.
  • Pendant is waterproof and has a 400 foot range.

Price

Depending on the subscription, Life Protect 24/7 charges anywhere from $29.99 (for the landline unit) to $39.99 (for the mobile monitoring unit) per month for round-the clock monitoring and emergency dispatch services. These prices, while competitive, are fairly standard for the medical alerts industry. There is no activation fee associated with setting up the account.

Pricing – Landline Monitoring

• Monthly – $29.99
  • Quarterly – $79.99
  • Annually – $299.88

eResponder Cellular Mobile Unit

• Battery is rechargeable and can last up to 2 months on a single charge.
  • The response unit is lightweight and comfortable to wear either as a pendant, carried in a pocket, or can be attached to a keychain.
  • The unit works wherever there is a cell signal.
  • Unit is trackable using the same technology used to track 911 calls from cell phones.
  • Unit works indoors and out and is waterproof.

Pricing Mobile Monitoring unit

• Monthly – $39.99
  • Quarterly – $99.99
  • Annually – $379.92

Life Protect 24/7 Lock Box – (optional)

• $29.99 – onetime fee

Company Details

Warranty

Life Protect 24/7 offers a money-back guarantee for their customers. The following is quoted directly from their website:

If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase, you can either return your order for a full refund or exchange it for something else. You can return or exchange your purchase for up to 30 days from the purchase date less the shipping and handling cost. Returned or exchanged products must be in the condition you received them and in the original box and/or packaging.

Equipment is covered for one year against malfunction.

Mobile Alert

Life Protect 24/7 offers a mobile unit for those needing medical monitoring on the go or who do not have a landline in their home.

Device Range

The Life Protect 24/7 EZ Care Landline Monitoring Unit has a 400 foot range, meaning that the pendant transmits to the base within a 400 foot radius.

Technology and Equipment

Service Map

Life Protect 24/7 can cover customers in all 50 states

Locations Monitoring Centers

Life Protect 24/7 operates multiple monitoring centers in the US which give 24 hour medical monitoring services to all 50 states. Each of the representatives is certified by the Central Station Alarm Association (CSAA) and undergoes extensive training including 180 hours of classroom training. All centers are UT-Certified.

Contract

Life Protect 24/7 does not require lengthy service contracts.

Support Quality

Wording on Life Protect 24/7’s website can lead customer to believe that customer service representatives are available 24/7. This is not the case, and there are several complaints which show this frustration. The monitoring center is available 24/7, but customer service is only available from 9am to 7pm EST, Monday–Friday. When speaking with representatives, reviewers found that answers to basic questions were elusive and, at times, were delivered verbatim from the website. Questions about the activation fee for mobile coverage were not answered concisely.

Time in Business

Life Protect was founded in 2013.

Company Contact Information

Life Protect 24/7 Headquarters

3509 Virginia Beach Blvd.

Virginia Beach, VA 23452-4421

(888) 864-8403

X close
X close

16 Life Protect 24/7 Reviews

1. Select Your Rating:

0=WORST 10=BEST

2. Subject For This Review*(Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

or

1. User Score

February 20th, 2017 Virginia Beach, VA

They were quite helpful when I called & the unit works great!

2. User Score

December 13th, 2016 Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I called Kaiser Phone number when a woman name Shannon spoke to me. She said they were having a special today: free set, free equipment, I said is this a free service of Kaiser. She said this is not a free service. It will cost you just $29.99 monthly. Then she wanted my credit card number.
    She and not even told me the company name. I had to ask for name of company and she quickly said Life pro,,,,I didn’t catch the rest. She kept pushing for a credit card number. I smelled a scam running wild. I firmly said no, I so not want your service. Then she connected me to some free gift.
    That did it. SCAM, SCAM, SCAM AND I JUST HUNG UP. My suspicions were confirmed checking online. Here are phone numbers she wanted me to call: 877-525-8346 to cancel, 888-983-291-5712 and another 844-291-1962 to call if I changed my mind. BEWARE! beware!
    Check out reviews for reputable companies that offer life alert service.

7 1

3. User Score

November 12th, 2016

I have had this service for about one year, and thankfully have .not had to use it. I do call in occasionally to make sure it is in working order. It is a comfort to know that when I’m alone help is just a click of a button away. My husband says he is comfortable about leaving me alone now. The people we talk to are very polite and caring.

4. User Score

October 18th, 2016 Philadelphia, PA

This company is completely crooked. Do not trust anything they say. JAMES the manager, if that is even his title, was unbelievably rude and yelled at me on the phone.

I would NEVER put the life of a loved one is this company’s hands. They are not a legitimate company, full of thieves.

9 2

5. User Score

October 1st, 2016

MY DEVICE JUST ARRIVED YESTERDAY. I HAVE NOT EVEN TESTED IT. THE INSTALLATION IS VERY EASY, BUT I CAN’T FIGURE OUT HOW TO ADJUST THE CORD THAT COMES ON THE PENDANT TO A COMFORTABLE LENGTH. THE LENGTH THAT IT IS SET AT OUT OF THE BOX IS TOO SHORT TO FIT OVER A PERSON’S HEAD. ALSO, THERE ARE NO INSTRUCTIONS FOR MOUNTING THE PENDANT ON THE WRIST BAND WHICH IS PROVIDED. I HAVE “GOOGLED” FOR INSTRUCTIONS BUT HAVE FOUND NONE. HAVE TO WAIT TWO DAYS TO CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE TO GET ASSISTANCE SINCE I RECEIVED THE UNIT ON A FRIDAY AFTERNOON AND CUSTOMER SERVICE DOES NOT OPERATE ON SATURDAY OR SUNDAY. I WISH THAT THEY HAD CUSTOMER SERVICE 24/7.

6. User Score

September 12th, 2016 Ann Arbor, MI

Life Protect clicked in when I apparently entered a wrong digit when calling my credit card provider. I should have guessed it was not a service of the credit card provider. Beware!

7. User Score

September 8th, 2016 Portland, OR

I have the box next to my computer in a small space and I am constantly pushing the button accidentally. They always pick up immediately and are very polite when I tell them it was a false alarm. I have no complaints.

8. User Score

September 1st, 2016 Centre, AL

My mother was a victim of the life protect service they have been taking money out of my mother’s account automatically for over a year they never checked if she got the system never checked and see if she hooked it up nothing if they would have then they would know they would call at least and see that they shouldn’t have been taking money from her but they did with in that year and something my mother had an emergency had she have the system maybe it wouldn’t have been as close as it was we never noticed that it was being took straight out of her bank account until her bank account was overdrawn from them now she’s paying overdraft fees and they refuse a refund and William B is rude and is no help they will be hearing from my lawyer

9. User Score

August 24th, 2016 Mars, PA

The product was delivered quick and works very well. We opted for the cellular necklace. The speaker is clear and loud. The nice thing about this product is the ability for the call center to maintain medical notes and special instructions. They also allow for family calls before 911 in case of a non life threatening emergency. I wish they had fall detection to make this a higher review.

10. User Score

August 2nd, 2016 Angier, NC

I ordered the Belle via LifeProtect 24/7 through a third party representative who identified as a LifeProtect agent. This offer was made available through my home telephone service contractor Century Link.

An agreement was made on June 20,2016 via phone with above representative I could cancel this service after receiving the monitor device and review of contract. I was informed the device was FREE and I was to pay $99.99 for quarterly service. I was given the option of a black or white mobile unit. I was informed I could cancel the service at any time for full refund.

Upon receipt of the device, it was black, not the white mobile bracelet device which was sold to me. I contacted LifeProtect at 1-888-983-5712 the date of my receipt of the device during the week of June 20, 2016. . I was told the white was only for the home device not the mobile. I explained the seller gave me that color option and device option. The CS representative at that time was aggressively persistent that I keep the device and she continued to remind me “You need to be reminded the device is not a fashion statement, but a life saving device.” (This critical care nurse of 34 years does not require such degrading obstructing responses.)

I telephoned today, August 2, 2016 to ensure the service had, indeed, been cancelled from our conversation the week of June 20, 2016. Customer Service Representative, Tori, reported although I called and requested the cancellation, “you did not request a refund, therefore, no refund was made.”

If you bought a product and returned it back to the seller what would you do if the seller refused to return your money unless you ask for a refund?

In addition, Tori claimed since I did not truly cancel the contract, I would be responsible for two months of services at a fee of $79.97 and I would receive a refund of only $ 20.02 Seriously? I asked to speak with the CS Manger.

William returned a phone call to me at my home and agreed with his CS representative. However, after much discussion he finally agreed to refund $66 dollars, charging me with one month of service that I never used nor agreed.

He requested I send the device back before he would reimburse me and I agreed. He reported he would send me a shipping label and once LifeProtect 24/7 received the device, $66 of the original $99.99, would be in my bank account within 2-3 business day.

I voiced considerable argument over the CANCELLATION and REFUND POLICY on the contract provided to me. It is the #1. item on the contract. It states:

“If Subscriber cancels this agreement pursuant to any statutory authority, within 30 days or within such time as such statute specifies, upon such cancellation, SELLER will refund to Subscriber any advance payment for services not yet rendered.”

I claim I gave immediate and prudent notification of cancellation the day I received the device, therefore I claim, according to the contract, SELLER is obligated to refund my $99.99.

However, William shared the contract was not legally binding because, although I was told it did not need to be signed, nor was I instructed to sign and return, that an unsigned contract was voided. Therefore, according to William the contract doesn’t really exist and I am not eligible for any refund.

Yet, being courteous to me after a quick, “please understand the majority of your clients are seniors and seniors consist of attorneys, doctors, nurses, professors, bankers, teachers, etc. We are not stupid , nor do we take kindly at attempts to manipulate us as though we are less than a toddler”, followed by my informing him I would be offering a serious review of LifeProtect 24/7 he did offer the refund of the $66 (not the $27 as the first rep cited) and he would cancel my service, as long as I sent the device back.

I have spent my entire adult life in the hospitals setting and as a nurse educator and I willingly submit back to LifeProtect 24/7 the device to be made available for another needy individual.

I received a cancellation confirmation number.

Yet, I will continue to share with others the experience I received from LifeProtect 24/7 non-existent contract, its process of postponing cancellation of services in attempts to keep from returning our money and its business ethics of forcing the subscriber to actually ASK for a refund or none would be made available, along with mis-representation of items and options available.

11. User Score

June 21st, 2016 Salyersville, KY

a gentleman by the name of Robert Lewis had called and explained not only what your product IS…BUT, …also the multiple uses and ways….that had put me at ease…so I went ahead and got it for my 74 yr old mom …who I would give my life for ……im a (momma’s Boy)… . and then I had heard your new # had once belonged to scammers…so In a panic I called your company back and was going to cancel. But a very calming and beautiful voice, I must admit, came on and and she explained to me about the how toll numbers constently being reused,…her name is RAVEN by the way.so AGAIN I was put at ease! please give raven and Robert lewis a thank you for being explainitive and very friendly!!

10 1

12. User Score

June 13th, 2016 Jacksonville, FL

My Mother-in-law had this service. Unfortunately, she passed in June of 2015. We canceled the service and upon doing so was ask to return the equipment in exchange for a $25 gift card for our trouble. Not only did it cost me $4.13 and my time, they debited $39.99 out of my moms bank account for an extra month after she passed. Although I have spoken to numerous customer service reps. on at least 9 occasions, they all say the same thing. The card was sent and the will send another one, This has been going on for a year! It’s not about the money but the lies they continue to tell. Not only should they send the $25.00 gift card but they should also reimburse the money for the extra month.

13. User Score

May 18th, 2016 Glendale, CA

I CHOSE A ‘TERRIBLE’ RATING IS THAT I AM 86 YEARS OLD AND I USE A TRANSPORTATION COMPANY TO ARRANGE A TRIP TO THE DOCTOR. I CALLED THE ‘ACCESS’COMPANY IN THE
    EASTERN REGION OF BURBANK, CAL., 91505 AS I HAVE DONE FOR ALMOST TWO YEARS TO
    DRIVE ME…THE AGENT, TOOK CARE OF MY NEEDS AND THEN SPOKE TO ME ABOUT LIFE PROTECT 24/7….AND, I RESPONDED BECAUSE HE MADE A GOOD PRESENTATION…I DO NOT
    HAVE A CREDIT CARD AND HE SAID I COULD IN ALL GOOD FAITH GIVE HIM MY ACCOUNT #
    AT THE BANK…….WELL, I CAUSED A REACTION FROM MY BANKER, MY FAMILY FOR DOING
    THIS………THE AGENT, WITHDREW $29.99 AND NOW I HAVE HAD TO FREEZE THE ACCOUNT
    IN FEAR OF THE AGENT TAKING MORE FOR OTHER REASONS….MY SON, WHO IS ANGRY, IS
    RETURNING THE EQUIPMENT WHICH ARRIVED TODAY…EVEN THOUGH I TRIED TO CANCEL THIS ORDER AT 1.877.525.8346 AND 1.888.983.5716 THE AGENT HUNG-UP ON ME………..!
    BY THE WAY, I DID GET A CONFIRMATION NUMBER 144257391…MY FAMILY CALLS ME AN OLD
    FOOL NOW. ALL THIS ON 5.13.2016…..PLEASE REFUND THE AMOUNT BY CHECK TO ME:
    D’LAUREN KITE
    225 North Evergreen S t.
    Burbank, california 91505

11 1

14. User Score

May 9th, 2016 Grand Rapids, MI

I love this company. I am young but disabled. This monitor go with me when I have to be out without help. I have even crossed state lines and had coverage.

7 1

15. User Score

August 20th, 2015 Virginia Beach, VA

Saved my moms life! Worth every penny.

16. User Score

July 27th, 2015 El Paso, TX

My mother ordered this last week when she was watching television. She already has 2 other systems that we pay for and simply forgot! Life Protect was really rude when I called and explained the situation. They kept trying to convince us not to cancel; but were ugly when I said “no.” They refused to send me a packing label (box not opened) and hung up on me!

36 1