Critical Signals Technologies

Critical Signals Technologies

CST has been considered one of the fastest growing companies in the industry and is now the fourth largest in North America. They have one of the industry's most flexible and scalable monitoring platforms in the nation. They are supported by two fully certified multi-lingual, 24/7 monitoring centers.

Rank Chart Our Score User Score
#1 9.1 8.6 Read Review
#2 8.8 9.1 Read Review
#3 6.7 8.5 Read Review
#41 2.8 6.6 Current

The Good

• Features
  • Trained staff
  • Replacement policy

Critical Signals Technologies offers their medical monitoring and alerting services primarily for health care facilities, but have a few products for individuals. The selection of features is vast, exceeding that which their competitors offer by a wide margin. These features include: personal emergency response, personal medication management, care transition, re-admission management, as well as long term care and multi-tenant programs for medical facilities.

Additionally, the professionals which staff the Critical Signals Technologies' medical response center are all highly trained and collectively speak over 170 different languages.

Critical Systems Technologies offers a full replacement policy for equipment which is damaged or not functioning.

The Bad

• Transparency
  • Professional installation fee
  • Compatibility with VOIP or digital phone services

Critical Systems Technologies is lacking with their transparency and does not disclose pricing to prospective customers on their website. Receiving a pricing quote from a customer service representative is equally challenging. Customer services representatives with whom our review team spoke were hesitant to give pricing without capturing personal information. Additionally, the company representatives were frustrated when the review team asked from the prices of multiple products.

Customers are charged for professional installation, which is not typical for the industry. Most of the competition's systems are self-installed, often with free shipping and free assistance in installation from technical support representatives.

For customers with a VOIP or other digital phone service, the system may not work at all. While the company states that there have been instances which Vonage or Comcast Digital Voice customers have been able to use the equipment, they make no guarantees.

The Bottom Line

Critical Signals Technologies offers a wide array of plans with features that include medication management, panic alerts and smoke alarms in addition to the basic medical monitoring. The range for medical monitoring (the distance from the base unit to the transmitter) is comparable to that of many of their competitors. Critical Signals Technologies has been in business since 2006. For the right customer, these products and plans will provide peace of mind. The sheer volume of features and choices complicates shopping with Critical Systems Technologies. For most, there are more customer friendly and more transparent companies which would be better suited to their needs.

View Best Medical Alert Companies

5 Critical Signals Technologies Reviews

1. Select Your Rating

2. Subject For This Review * (Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Next Step: Verify your email

We have sent a verification email to the following email address:

July 27th, 2017 Saginaw, MI

The product works flawlessly and the staff at CST is great. We test the unit monthly, as requested, and the connection is fast and clear. On two occasions my wife has had actual emergencies and each was handled by CST's emergency center staff beautifully.

0 1

June 28th, 2017

Cancelled my mothers service in February 2017 and was told that I would receive a mailer to return the equipment. Received the mailer in June and included was a paper stating that if the equipment was not returned within 10 days I would be charged $250. After 2 months of waiting for the return mailer I was going to throw everything away but my wise wife intervened and kept everything. I wonder how many people would have kept everything, especially the elderly. Doubt if they can reuse the unit so I think they hope you no longer have the equipment and owe them $250. On the plus side my mother occasionally activated the pendant by accident and was always treated in a friendly, courteous manner.

2 1

March 6th, 2017 Roswell, NM

Company offers thorough professional installation and is fully covered by many insurance providers.

0 0

January 7th, 2017

I didn't have to buy the unit and there is no contract. The Senior Center came out with some units and figured out which is best for me. She set it up and I didn't have to do anything. My kids live out of state and were not able to help me. If I find I don't want the service I just call the Senior Center and they will come and disconnect it and have CST stop taking the monthly fee out of my account. I have a unit with fall protection but the service includes me being able to call if I don't feel well and I can talk to someone.

0 0

November 3rd, 2015 Hendersonville, NC

I've been trying for six weeks to get a refund on two months of automatic payments for my mother's account. She passed away Sept. 12th. How hard can it be? I've been ignored and lied to. I do not recommend doing business with this company.

2 0