BlueStar Veterans Network has recently rebranded to BlueStar HonorCare and changed locations. Visit BlueStar HonorCare
for more details.
BlueStar HonorCare was founded in 2013 and is headquartered near Washington, DC. The company offers a free membership to all veterans and their families, with 100% of their clientele being former military. The company is owned and run by veterans and gives 10% of their profits to veteran-related causes and charities. The company specifically offers assistance and aid to charities which serve those helping homeless veterans.
- Comprehensive Suite of Products and Services
- Free Membership Benefits
- CSAA Certified
Comprehensive Suite of Products and Services
BlueStar HonorCare offers a comprehensive suite of products and services for their members at competitive prices. They have a return and guarantee policy that is far more liberal than any other in the industry. Indeed, if at any time, a customer is unhappy with their equipment or service, they simply return the working equipment to the company and contact the company's president for a refund of past service fees.
Free Membership Benefits
- For the first 10,000 members, free access and use of BlueStar HonorCare's health-monitoring software. After reaching 10,000 members, the price will be $6.95/month
- For the first 10,000 members, free use of Brain HQ Brain Exercise software. After reaching 10,000 members, the software will cost $14.00/month
- Members receive discounts of 10% to 40% on over one hundred retailers
- Free subscription to "News you can use," in newsletters covering senior issues, veteran issues, and health issues, and in BlueStar HonorCare's enormous resource library
- Access to discounted Blue Star services, which are available only to vets and to their families
All of BlueStar HonorCare Center employees are certified members of the Central Station Alarm Association and have received extensive training. Additionally, BlueStar HonorCare is a certified small business employer of veterans, with a long-term vision of employing a network of at-home wounded warriors as virtual agents. They also keep and maintain contact records of family or other contacts their customers would like to be alerted.
- Medical Records
While BlueStar HonorCare offers a number of effective and easy-to-use medical alert devices, the company does have some drawbacks. For example, the maximum range of its base unit for the Sentry Plus package has a range of 600 feet. While this is fairly standard for the industry, top companies feature an extended range of up to 1,000 for the same price.
BlueStar HonorCare provides additional protection to its customers by alerting emergency contacts or family members in the event of a fall or other accident; however, the company does not currently disclose whether it keeps its members' medical records on file, which could be particularly useful for emergency responders who need to make a house-call.
The Bottom Line
BlueStar HonorCare has very competitive pricing and equipment and service which are cutting edge, allowing veterans and their families added security and peace of mind. Despite its focus on serving the veteran community, BlueStar HonorCare can be a viable option for non-military personnel as well, but if you'd prefer a system with a wider range, you might want to consider top medical alert companies before considering BlueStar HonorCare.
View Best Medical Alert Companies