Slim-Fast Logo
Slim Fast offers meal replacement and snack bars and shakes. Their 3-2-1 program encourages dieters to eat three of their snacks, two of their meal replacements, and one meal you make yourself everyday. Because Slim Fast has you making your own meals on their diet, they provide a recipe resource guide on their site. The guide is colorful and intuitive to use. There are many healthy, delicious looking recipes that dieters can choose from. On their website, Slim Fast says their program is clinically proven to help you lose weight and keep it off. They say the program works because you don't have to count calories, eat frozen meals, count points, or change your lifestyle.

The Good

• Weight loss
  • Flexibility
During the first week of Slim Fast, you will probably drop 2-3 pounds. Slim Fast greatly limits the number of calories consumed each day, so expect a dramatic weight loss. This diet combines eating their products with making your own healthy meals, so if you want some flexibility, Slim Fast is perfect. You can also just pick Slim Fast products up at your local grocery store for a relatively low price.

The Bad

• Selection
Slim Fast only offers bars and shakes to dieters. Their limited selection can grow old very quickly. While you might be able to keep up with replacing one meal with a Slim Fast product for a while, the small selection can get old fast. TBC has a few concerns with Slim Fast:
  • The diet may not provide adequate calories or nutrition
  • There is no health coach or outside support
  • There are only 3 types of "meals" to choose from

The Bottom Line

Slim Fast is great for people who want to do just that - lose a few pounds quickly. Dieters do not consume very many calories on Slim Fast, so it's okay for a few days, but not long-term. However, if you want to replace a meal or snacks with Slim Fast products, that seems to be more sustainable.

4.1

mikala gneiting Ammon, ID

Slim fast has great products. They cater to all types of diet needs, even keto. They are safe and effective. I am a registered dietitian and I recommend slim fast to clients all the time.

Brittany Wilkinson Herriman, UT

I have Slim-Fast shakes in the morning when I have a busy day and don't have time to make breakfast. It's filling and delicious. I love carrying the Keto Slim Fast treats in my purse for a quick snack. They taste like a little candy bar but without the guilt.

Steven Klaproth Phoenix, AZ

One of the easiest diet plans ever conceived. You just eat the food and lose the weight. The food really tastes great.

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

Slim-Fast has always been a staple. Not just for dieting but for maintaining a healthy balance. The Slim-Fast product line is health, nutrition, and common sense all rolled up into one. It has helped me stay on the right health path and can't think of a better meal replacement.

Katie Lewis Eagle Mountain, UT

Slim-fast is so easy. I just put them in my purse and they are quick. The slim fast drinks are yummy and I'm not hungry after. It works really well if you follow the irections and do exactly what it say

Kaitlyn Rios Ogden, UT

I love Slim-Fast as a diet plan. The shakes act as a meal replacement. They are tasty and filling. I feel energized and never sluggish. Weight loss happens as I replace nutritional alternatives instead of fatty meals. They make meal planning easy.

Ashley Johnson Las Vegas, NV

Worked well when I was on it, but not sustainable for my life style. Plus I quickly regained the weight I had lost after going off of it.

Johnson Smithfield, UT

I have been drinking Slim Fast for breakfast for years. It is filling and has the nutrients that I am looking for to maintain my health.

Susan Stewart Salt Lake City, UT

I started Slimfast when they first came out and have used them here and there since. My kids have also used them. They taste pretty good. I don't think it ever really made me lose weight, but it was an easy quick breakfast on the go.

Shauna Horne American Fork, UT

The Rich Chocolate Royale flavor of Slim-Fast is really quite tasty. When I was working as a teacher, I liked having Slim-Fast for breakfast. It gave me a good start to the day.

Karen Torino Tallahassee, FL

Slim Fast has great tasting shake and smoothie recipes and they help you achieve the goals you want. It is easy to find something custom tailored to you.

Audrey Mitchell Managua, MN

Slim Fast drinks are quite tasty and they have 3 or 4 flavors that are great to choose from. I didn't ever feel satisfied after drinking one of the beverages which is a downside.

Doyal Stewart Salt Lake City, UT

Slimfast is okay for a little shake, I like to drink them and eat an apple for breakfast. I have found other shakes that I like better than Slimfast though. But, they aren't bad.

Rocio Diaz Tallahassee, FL

One of the best diet meal programs with meals that are good quality, have a great taste and help you lose weight fast. It can get boring after a while though.

Shari Evers Lehi, UT

I really enjoy the taste of slim fast shakes. For me I drink them more as a snack. As far as meals I need to chew!

Myken , UT

I have used Slim-Fast to try to lose weight but felt like I was starving on their program and didn’t like my meals being replaced with a drink. It was I satisfying.

ChanceyParker Jackson, MS

Chocolate is the best flavor. I don’t agree with the 3-2-1 steps for losing weight because I was typically left hungry throughout the day. But the shakes are great.

Eny Donnelly Port Saint Lucie, FL

I had use this product since one year ago and it help me very much to lose weight

Wmosmith12 Smithfield, UT

I enjoy using slim fast. It is an easy and affordable way to help with weight loss.

Sandra Douglas Evanston, WY

Only bought the bars and drinks, but I really didn’t like the taste of the drinks.

Troy Siren Gilbert, AZ

Was a skeptic a first but the weight loss plans really work and I don’t feel hungry!

L. Fowler Pleasant Grove, UT

I bought their shakes for a breakfast meal supplement. They were not the most tasty for the price.

Jeff Martin Layton, UT

I used this for awhile but it didn't seem to help and it was quite expensive. I would be wary.