Slim Fast offers meal replacement and snack bars and shakes. Their 3-2-1 program encourages dieters to eat three of their snacks, two of their meal replacements, and one meal you make yourself everyday.

Because Slim Fast has you making your own meals on their diet, they provide a recipe resource guide on their site. The guide is colorful and intuitive to use. There are many healthy, delicious looking recipes that dieters can choose from.

On their website, Slim Fast says their program is clinically proven to help you lose weight and keep it off. They say the program works because you don't have to count calories, eat frozen meals, count points, or change your lifestyle.

HelloFresh chevron_right
3.7
Blue Apron chevron_right
Schwan's chevron_right

The Good

• Weight loss
  • Flexibility

During the first week of Slim Fast, you will probably drop 2-3 pounds. Slim Fast greatly limits the number of calories consumed each day, so expect a dramatic weight loss. This diet combines eating their products with making your own healthy meals, so if you want some flexibility, Slim Fast is perfect. You can also just pick Slim Fast products up at your local grocery store for a relatively low price.

The Bad

• Selection

Slim Fast only offers bars and shakes to dieters. Their limited selection can grow old very quickly. While you might be able to keep up with replacing one meal with a Slim Fast product for a while, the small selection can get old fast.

TBC has a few concerns with Slim Fast:

• The diet may not provide adequate calories or nutrition
  • There is no health coach or outside support
  • There are only 3 types of "meals" to choose from

The Bottom Line

Slim Fast is great for people who want to do just that - lose a few pounds quickly. Dieters do not consume very many calories on Slim Fast, so it's okay for a few days, but not long-term. However, if you want to replace a meal or snacks with Slim Fast products, that seems to be more sustainable.

3.4

Shari Evers
September 18th, 2018 Lehi, UT DETAILS

I really enjoy the taste of slim fast shakes. For me I drink them more as a snack. As far as meals I need to chew!

Troy Siren
June 27th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

Was a skeptic a first but the weight loss plans really work and I don’t feel hungry!

Lynette Fowler
June 1st, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I bought their shakes for a breakfast meal supplement. They were not the most tasty for the price.

Jeff Martin
April 19th, 2018 Layton, UT DETAILS

I used this for awhile but it didn't seem to help and it was quite expensive. I would be wary.

Doyal Stewart
June 12th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

Slimfast is okay for a little shake, I like to drink them and eat an apple for breakfast. I have found other shakes that I like better than Slimfast though. But, they aren't bad.

Susan Stewart
June 6th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

I started Slimfast when they first came out and have used them here and there since. My kids have also used them. They taste pretty good. I don't think it ever really made me lose weight, but it was an easy quick breakfast on the go.