Herbalife Nutrition Logo

Herbalife Nutrition

Is This Your Business?
LAST UPDATED: February 7th, 2022
Herbalife is a global, multi-level marketing nutrition program that was founded in 1980. They have a wide variety of products to help individuals lose and sustain weight, but the program is about more than weight loss. Herbalife takes a whole approach to nutrition and wellness. While many people who use Herbalife report losing weight, an even higher majority report feeling better - more energy, better skin, and improved health overall. Because Herbalife is a multi-level marketing company, you won't be able to buy any of their products on their website. You are required to create a profile and give them your location / contact information. Once you do this, a representative in your area will be in touch to talk to you about Herbalife products and help you order. Some of the products they offer include:
  • Weight management drinks and snacks
  • Weight management supplements
  • Nutritional products and supplements (for the heart, digestive system, immune system, stress management, etc.)
  • Energy and fitness products
  • Skin supplements

The Good

• Distributors
  • Affordable
The good part about Herbalife being sold through a distributor is that each person has a built-in consultant. Many of Herbalife's independent distributors have benefited from Herbalife products. They know which products to recommend and how to help people achieve their weightloss goals. You can talk to your consultant anytime you order products from them and more. For a meal replacement with as much nutritional value as these shakes have, they are decently affordable. It might now be a good long-term plan, but for those looking to feel healthier, this is a great way to start.

The Bad

• Shakes
  • Product information
In general, drinking a shake for two meals of your day might be difficult. While the shakes claim to fill you up, they may not keep you satisfied or tied over until you next meal. While the Herbalife website provided a lot of good information on the company, we found actual product information to be lacking. We wish there were more obvious prices on the site, and that you didn't have to create an account to view prices and products. When you do view the products, you quickly see that there are only a handful of shake flavors to choose from - this is another reason sticking to the Herbalife diet will be difficult.

The Bottom Line

When it comes down to it, Herbalife is structured slightly different than most of the other meal plan companies we have reviewed. They want their products to help you be healthier, and if you lose weight while doing that, it's a bonus. Many of their products seem to help dieters lose weight and feel better, but that doesn't mean they can keep it off. Typically, when you're drinking a shake from two meals out of three each day, it's going to be difficult to sustain and Herbalife is no different.

Heather Riverton, UT

Herbalife offers some great nutrition products. I really like that you can buy their nutrition products, such as their protein shakes to make at home or you can go into one of their local clubs and they'll make them for you. They taste great and have lots of flavor options.

Melinda Cook Toledo, OH

As you stated its all about being healthy. . Along with the shakes you have to choose healthy snacks for in between the shakes. ..protein snacks and plenty of water. They have a base of flavors that you can add things to to make many more flavors,still keeping in a good caloric range. Exercise does help but we know that.. I completely agree, my skin and energy were better than ever before. Bonus.. Helping people feel good about the way they are and encouraging a positive change in their life! A community of positive people helping you reach your goals one day at a time!

Zac Cannon Long Beach, MS

We have a local Herbalife Nutrition store in Long Beach, MS. The teas are a tasty zero sugar treat and the shakes are great meal replacements. Long Beach Nutrition is a frequent visit for me! The prices are not that bad either for what you get!

Carolina camacho

I enjoy using this meal prep company! The meals arrive fast and they are so tasty. They have helped me become more diverse in the foods I eat and helped me stay healthy!

Leonard Thompson Show Low, AZ

The taste is not my favorite, it’s a bit gritty for my liking, and the cost is not worth the product. I have seen that those who use this product seriously have amazing results and are happy with these products. Because if that, I have three stars, but I feel there could be improvements in the taste of the shakes. And the cost could be lowered to attract more customers.

Mom of three Brigham City, UT

Can’t start my day without an Herbalife Shake, mid morning I have my Superman tea with 2 lift offs. Everything taste great. Currently losing weight. I feel better. Thank goodness for Herbalife Nutrition.

Hannah Barth Tallahassee, FL

I lost 30 pounds with Herbalife products with no side effects. I have been able to also maintain a healthy weight.

Karen Torino Tallahassee, FL

Herbalife Nutrition is overrated. It is expensive and requires a lot of work. Other products can do the same thing without charging you so much for it.

Amber Thompson ,

I was a customer and a seller for Herbal life. I actually really enjoyed the taste and how full I get after I drank my herbal life shakes. It’s hard for me to get full after I eat but these shakes sustained my hunger.

Katie Lewis Eagle Mountain, UT

Herbalife is so easy. Its not the best tasting but works really well if you follow the directions and do exactly what it say

Arion Session-Walker Tallahassee, FL

Herbalife has great quality dietary supplements.

Audrey Mitchell Managua, MN

Herbalife has so many add ins that you can use for drinks that taste as good as they are awesome for your body!

Ashlee Bair Los Angeles, CA

Used Herbalife years ago to help lose weight. Product was easy to use, quick to deliver and affordable.

Linda Los Angeles, CA

They go alongside your workout. They energized and you don’t have the urge to eat after.

jaci finch Corpus Christi, TX

Herbalife Nutrition has some good food, but I had a bad experience with their diet plans.

Msdaisy70 Clarksburg, MD

Great flavor choices but a little pricey.