HelloFresh is a new way to eat delicious, organic, homemade without all the prep work. Unlike other meal plan services that send you pre-made / pre-cooked food each week, HelloFresh sends you ingredients.

Every week, you go to HelloFresh's website and select three meals (from five presented) that you want to prepare and eat. HelloFresh delivers everywhere in the U.S. Wednesday-Friday and Monday-Tuesday is select areas.

They drop off one box each week with all the ingredients you need to make three meals for 2-4 people. Food comes in an ice box and also includes step-by-step cooking instructions.

HelloFresh is available in the U.S., U.K., Australia, Belgium, Germany, Netherlands, and Austria.

The Good

• Price
  • Options
  • Ingredients

As a meal plan, there are several things we really like about HelloFresh. The first thing is the price. Your partner or roommate and you can order HelloFresh's Classic Box and pay $6.50 each per meal. You can also order this food for one and have food leftover for lunch the next day. Overall, this is one of the cheapest meal plans we've reviewed on TBC. This may be because other products are already assembled, but HelloFresh comes with organic, fresh ingredients, so we think you get a good deal for your money.

Even though you only have five meals to pick from each week, these meals change each week. So really, you have 20 meals to choose from each month.

We like the you can see all the ingredients you are shipped. Ingredients are whole and farm-fresh. With each meal, you can also see how long it takes to prepare the food (usually around 30 minutes), the difficulty level, any allergens, and nutritional information (calories, fat, protein, and carbohydrates). This transparency makes us really like HelloFresh.

Not only do they list their ingredients online, but they also have a page dedicated to their suppliers:

• Masser Potato Farms
  • Birrittella's Bakery
  • To-Jo Mushrooms
  • Murray's Chicken
  • Love Beets

On their suppliers page, HelloFresh states that they work only with high-quality, fresh ingredients from around the country.

You can order HelloFresh meals from anywhere in the continental U.S. (sorry Alaska and Hawaii), Australia, U.K., and several European countries.

We think that it would be easy to transition from HelloFresh into making your own healthy meals. HelloFresh teaches you what portion sizes look like, how to cook delicious meals, and how much food to buy (so you're not wasting food).

Here are a few other things we feel like HelloFresh is doing right:

• Transparent contact information
  • You only need to order one week at a time
  • Variety of meals
  • Healthy and delicious tasting food

The Bad

• Weight loss
  • Complaints
  • Company transparency

While we think there are plenty of areas that HelloFresh is excelling, there are a few things to watch out for. When it come down to it, HelloFresh is much different from the other meal plans we have reviewed on TBC. This is mostly because HelloFresh is not designed for weight loss like other meal plans are. Instead, HelloFresh is a "recipe-kit delivery service." It's for getting delicious, healthy, home-cooked food on the table.

HelloFresh wants to eliminate the food we waste because we can't buy the exact ingredients we need. They also want to give people another option than ordering takeout every other day. These are great efforts on their part, but we think most people who want to order meal plans want to either lose weight or maintain a strict calorie count. Hell Fresh states that their foods range from 500-800 calories per meal. For people trying to lose weight, this meal may be more than half of their daily allotted calories. We wish that they at least had a plan for people wanting to lose weight.

Along with lacking food for weight loss, HelloFresh also doesn't have meals for diabetics, gluten-intolerant individuals, or those looking for more heart-friendly foods in general. Overall, other meal plans simply cater to more people.

Most of their complaints have to do with the following:

• Billing / collection problems
  • Delivery issues
  • General problems with the product

All of these are things to consider before purchasing food from HelloFresh. On top of these, HelloFresh does not offer a trial period or money back guarantee on their foods. Other meal plan companies do advertise this. We do want to note that if your box has any issues or you can't eat the food they send you, they will give you the credit in full on your HelloFresh account.

We would also like to see an "about us" page on HelloFresh's website. We want to know how the founders are, why the founded the company, and what makes them qualified to send people recipes and ingredients each week. Are they business people, chefs, or doctors?

One more big thing we want to point out is that the prices we have listed on TBC are the current 'sale' prices on HelloFresh. We have no idea how long these prices will stay this way, or if the prices are only low the first time you order. The initial cost of the Classic box for two people was $69 - nearly double the new advertised price.

The Bottom Line

When it comes down to it, whether or not we recommend HelloFresh depends on what you are looking for in a meal plan. Even though the company is ranked relatively low on our site, we think they have many excellent food options and that several people would be happy with this product - especially if the sale price is here to stay. You could end up paying less than $8 per person for your dinner meal.

However, you if you're looking a meal plan that offers weight loss, weight loss coaching, a community support system, pre-made meals, or one that provides your food for every meal, you'd be better off looking elsewhere. We would recommend looking at our top recommended meal plan providers.

3.7

Caitlin Everard
August 2nd, 2019 Post Falls, ID DETAILS

If someone decides to cancel their service with you, calling them 8 times in 24 hours is not going to change their mind.

Victoria
July 31st, 2019 Washington, DC DETAILS

I signed up with HelloFresh because I was offered an $80 off your first month (so about $20 per shipment). My first order, one of my meals was incorrect but no harm no foul, it still tasted good. I used about 2 out of the 4 orders for the month before I decided I probably couldn’t keep up with the payments when they reverted to full price (about $40 an order x 4 a month) so I canceled and didn’t use the complete $80. The food was fresh and good and there were a lot of interesting recipes I wouldn’t have thought up myself. My biggest issue was the amount of little packets and plastic bags that it created and I had to clean up. Otherwise, the actual service was fine and there were also no issues about shipping or damaged containers. By far my biggest issue came after the fact. Now, I realize they see me canceling so quickly they want to try and get me back with additional promos. If they just sent emails, whatever but no. They KEPT CALLING ME. Like at least twice a day, day after day. Usually I don’t pickup calls that aren’t in my phone (i figure if they leave a message it’s actually important) but I kept getting calls from an 800 number. I finally answered and it’s them. I kept saying “I’m not interested, I’m not interested” and the lady wouldn’t let me go. I finally agreed to whatever deal she was trying to offer me just to get off the phone with her. I called HelloFresh immediately after and canceled my account and blocked the 800 number. NOW I started getting calls from my area code, twice a day, day after day. I answered and it’s HF again. At least this lady accepted my NO. I hung up and have blocked this number. My question is, is this my life now?

Yvette
July 19th, 2019 Flower Mound, TX DETAILS

My husband and I absolutely love our HelloFresh subscription! We can’t pick a favorite meal or recipe because they’re all so delicious. The ingredients are always perfect and I’m learning so many new techniques and tricks. We cook the recipes together and it’s so quick. I would recommend HelloFresh to everybody!

Brenda Ayala
July 8th, 2019 Montebello, CA DETAILS

I have been a HelloFresh member for about 6 months now and honestly enjoyed it. I have refereed them to so many people and I know HelloFresh has 6 new customers because of me. I live in a apartment complex above a medical clinic and never get my mail sent here due to past issues, especially packages. I have been getting my boxes sent to my in-law's home. My father-in-law got so curious and wanted to try it out for himself. Within each box I get discounted codes and as of late they have all been for a free box for a new customer, which is perfect because this code got my father-in-law to actually try them out. When making his account and applying the discount code I kept getting an error message so I decided to called HelloFresh. I was informed that the system wouldn't allow the use of the code because the box would be sent to the same address even if its for different people in different homes. I understood, but explained our situation, which honestly, I do not find unique; I am sure it is a very common issue. The person helping me said they'll see what they can do to help, GREAT! Once she returned she said "the delivery team said no we cannot do that". OKay? So the delivery team decides what discount codes can and can't be applied? I asked to speak to a manager and this is when everything went completely south! THE MANAGER INSINUATED THAT I WAS TRYING TO STEAL FREE FOOD! She was so rude, so condescending, from the start! I told her I understand the system not allowing it because obviously there are people out there who abuse discount codes, but I called to explain the situation and to get my father-in-law a subscription. She said "Well you messed it up for him". She laughed when I explained he's an old stubborn man who is scared to apply for a subscription and seeing that we got a discount for him to try it he was finally on board! I am disgusted with the service I have received this morning, so much so I have contacted the 6 people HelloFresh gained from me and told them to cancel their subscriptions; we'll try another food delivery service. My father-in-law is such a respected man that they all agreed and my husband and I will be canceling as well. HOW DARE HELLOFRESH HAVE A MANAGER ACCUSE ITS CUSTOMERS OF TRYING TO STEAL WHEN THEY ARE THE ONES WHO PROVIDED THE DISCOUNT CODE!!! SHAME ON HELLOFRESH! YOU HAVE LOST 8 CUSTOMERS!

Jay
July 2nd, 2019 New York, NY DETAILS

Look my first experience with HelloFresh is horrible: don't follow my delivery instruction, bad customer service, never try to order again. I left instruction on the box and on my door to call me when arrived which was not followed so I miss my delivery. I tried to speak with Hellofresh about redelivery but it will not refund my discount which means I now have to pay a lot extra for the box I missed because of Hellofresh. Get so fed up about this so call "crediting your box" when it does not allow me to reorder with what I paid for. Asked for refund now it got to go through accounting team. Just wait until the accounting team processes refund. Hope I don't have to file credit charge back. Never again, Hellofresh.

Rachael
June 27th, 2019 Philadelphia, PA DETAILS

I was a first time buyer of their wine subscription. Hello Fresh asks you to pick a delivery date on the same page as they get your address and payment information and yet they do NOT go by that date. An adult must be present to sign (since it is alcohol) but instead of going by the date I chose, they attempted to deliver it in the middle of the work day a whole week before my chosen date! They also never contacted me when the delivery (obviously) didn't go through since I wasn't home, I had to check myself only to find that my wine box was 'returned to sender'. Why ask for a delivery date if you aren't going to use it?! Worst of all, when I reached out to Hello Fresh I got terrible customer service and a representative that denied that you could chose your own delivery date (I double checked- it's still an option on the check-out page). I immediately cancelled my subscription since they couldn't even get my first box to me and will never recommend them again. There are plenty of other options for this type of service- I'd recommend going to Blue Apron or any other business.

Maggie Chapman-Ward
June 7th, 2019 DETAILS

The problem I have isn't with their quality, or even their service when you're a regular paying customer. The problem I have is how they deal with their policies. I was a regular customer up until recently, and recieved a code to send out to three of my friends that they could use to get their first box for free. One of the codes was sent to my roommate, which he redeemed and recieved confirmation for quickly. Now, they have a policy in their fine print that basically states that you can't send those sorts of codes to people you share an address with, which is completely reasonable. I understand why that policy would be in place, and take responsibility for not reading the fine print. The problem is that because of this mistake, they deactivated my roommate's account instead of simply cancelling the order, and they did so WITHOUT notifying him of any problems. Delivery day came and went, and nothing. So he tried to sign into his account to see what the problem was and was told that he was typing in the wrong password. It wasn't until he went through his emails and clicked "sign in" through the original confirmation email, that he was met with a message saying his account had been deactivated. Not only that, but it specifically stated that HE had deactivated his own account. Reactivating it was easy, but he called customer support to ask what was going on. They stated that it was deactivated because of the address issue, and that he should have read the policy. They were not kind with their tone. Dissapointed and disgusted by the total lack of customer service. We should have read the fine print, but he also should have been notified of the problem. Instead he spent an entire day waiting for a package that simply wasn't going to arrive. They've lost two customers to this debacle.

Sabrina Novarra
May 31st, 2019 Rochester, WA DETAILS

I have been receiving Hello Fresh for over 3 years and loved it initally. In the past 3 months, and might I add I order weekly 3 meals I have only had one week that had all the correct ingredients as well as recipes. Do yourself a favor and go to Home Chef, or Sun Basket. So sad to see a good company go down hill so fast. Good Bye Hello Fresh you will not be missed. Also I didn't even want to give it one star LOL

Annie
May 31st, 2019 Blue Bell, PA DETAILS

I was extremely disappointed. It says it accounts for 2 servings, but the portions sizes were extremely small. In addition to the small portion sizes, the ingredients were not fresh at all. Some of my ingredients had mold on it, so I contacted Hello Fresh and all I got was credit into my account. I asked for a refund because I cancelled my subscription and credit wouldn't apply to me, but Hello Fresh said that was not allowed. My order was also delayed, so I got my delivery late. Overall, I was really looking forward to it, but was extremely disappointed. Hello Fresh was not as great as it is advertised online (e.g., Youtube).

D. Roney
May 9th, 2019 Bonners Ferry, ID DETAILS

So, I’ve found this great new way to make cooking dinner fun again, and to make eating it even more enjoyable. I started ordering dinner kits from an online company called Hello Fresh. You go online, pick out which meals you want for the week, and they send you a package that includes all the ingredients and directions needed to make a gourmet meal in just a few simple steps. They come with a beautiful color recipe card, with very clear, step by step directions. Plus, most of the meals don’t take any longer than 30 minutes to prep and cook. The Hello Fresh team carefully sources their ingredients to make sure the entire meal making process is environmentally safe and sustainable, and from my experience very fresh. There have been a couple times however, when I had opened my weekly box, and the produce was less than appetizing. Molted greens and some not so healthy-looking potatoes, but the company easily gave me a no hassle coupon for $30 to make up for it. Most companies will twist your arm or ghost you, until you give up, making Hello Fresh a rare gem indeed. One time they forgot the recipe card, and even though I was able to see one on-line, they gave me a small credit for my inconvenience. So far, I have tried many of the 100 different meals that they have had to offer over the past two years, and I’ve tried so many new dishes that I would never have before imagined myself eating, let alone cooking! Stuff like Charred Corn and Pork Tacos, with a lime and garlic flavored sour cream sauce; Sweet ‘n’ Smoky Pork Chops, with cherry sauce; and Seared Barramundi, with apple salad. But my all time favorite so far is, Figgy Balsamic Pork with roasted green beans and rosemary potatoes, and I don’t even like figs! They also have add-on products like garlic bread, fruit, and dessert. You can also add on a wine package, where they pair the wines to the meals, so you have the perfect match. Not only do you get tasty meals from Hello Fresh, but healthy and balanced ones as well. I have saved time by not needing to go to the grocery store, and time in the kitchen because most of the ingredients are pre-measured. Since I’ve been ordering through this company, my energy levels are up, my skin is clearing up, and I feel all around healthier. Overall, I would gladly recommend this company and its products to anyone and everyone who are too busy to cook but are also looking to eat delicious healthy meals on a regular basis. ~DR

Madison S.
May 2nd, 2019 Fremont, CA DETAILS

I was gifted a free trial meal delivery. I then recieved an additional shipment without asking or realizing I had been automatically signed up for a subscription. I assumed they were not a sneaky corporation which was my mistake. Giving them the benefit of the doubt and accepting I was ill advised for trusting a business blindly, I asked for a full refund for the next unsolicited and unconsentually paid for delivery. Customer service refused to halt the upcoming order and originally refused to even refund me for the order I had not even received! After contacting management, they would only issue a partial refund for 1 of the 2 undesired and unconsentually paid for meal kits. The meals were sub par as well and not worth the price or the hassle of dealing with customer service. Our friends, family, companies, and clients have transferred our business to Blue Apron and Home Chef instead. I am appalled that Hellofresh would take advantage of its consumers like this.

Melinda Dyer
April 29th, 2019 Foristell, MO DETAILS

I tried Hello Fresh in October 2018 but cancelled because it didn’t really workout for me. But April 26, 2019 Hello Fresh took an unauthorized payment from my PayPal account. I can’t believe they would stoop to fraudulent practices!

Montana
April 25th, 2019 Apopka, FL DETAILS

I love receiving my meals but eventually it just got too pricey for me to continue doing it. The reason I am leaving such a low rating is because I continue to receive phone calls asking me why I cancelled and trying to get me to come back even after I’ve asked that my phone number be removed from the system as I don’t plan on coming back any time soon. If I do decide to come back later then I can call but I don’t appreciate the continuous phone calls throwing me a bunch of offers after I’ve already said I’m not in the budget to start back up again. I understand they are doing their job but it’s a real nuisance that they just push to get your service right then and there.

stephanie sands
April 25th, 2019 DeLand, FL DETAILS

Food is great! Even refunded boxes that were shipped late. But somehow when they charged my account for a new delivery that money disappeared and they claimed my bank disputed the transaction. I called my bank and they have not disputed anything and no money was put back on my account. So I guess it’s just gone.

Cindy Crooker
April 12th, 2019 North Highlands, CA

My sis gave me a gift card that was impossible to redeem. They sent me directions which I followed and in the end they only deducted $53.85 but not the $60 which was the amount of the gift card and they wanted me to pay. I tried redeeming this gift card at least 8 times and all it did was totally frustrate me. Be prepared when you order online. I never was able to redeem the gift card.

Kim
April 10th, 2019 Saint Charles, IL DETAILS

We have been very happy with our service so far. I joined to get of the rut of the same dinners over and over. The kids have tried new things and are enjoying it as well. I had an issue this week with one of the meat packages opening due to the ice pack. I understood the issue and I knew the meat wasn’t bad just popped open. My only issue was that it leaked onto the bags and some of the produce. I called and they didn’t have to ask who I was and with my brief explanation was refunded my week. It was the best customer service experience I have ever had. I see in reviews there has been this issue. I hope you figure it out but will keep buying.

Amy Heil
April 8th, 2019 Easton, PA

Ordered my first "free bpx" got charged anyway, they would not refund my card, said they would refund my subscription for later orders. First box came full of ground beef blood, package was open and all of the items submerged in blood. Called them and they do not send out replacements. Threw entire box away. They said again they could give me a small credit on account toward next delivery. Never happened!

JUSTIN COX
April 8th, 2019 San Diego, CA DETAILS

Decided to try out HelloFresh, Delivery was slated to arrive on Sunday 31Mar19, Did not arrive, contacted HelloFresh and they told me it should arrive on 01Apr19, fine. Get home from work on 01Apr and no delivery contact HelloFresh, and they want to offer me a credit, and argue with me about a refund, when I tell them I have no intention of using a service that couldn't even deliver the first order.

Roxianne Flowers
March 27th, 2019 Dallas, GA DETAILS

Food is very high in carbs. Bread/pasta in almost every meal I saw. Also, when I first signed up with hellofresh, they offered an $80 off for first 4 meals, so $20 off per meal. When charged, I was charged the full amount. They claimed I did not have this offer on my account, even though my account was showing the discount. Then Hello Fresh charged me more than 4 weeks in advance for the first meal I chose. Also, when I selected meals with least carbs, they sent me all the wrong meals that ended up being high in carbs...burger, quesadillas, and potatoes. We probably emailed back and forth 40 times and still I encountered nothing but confusion. I thing they may be a language barrier going on there. I am greatly disappointed with this company. About a year ago, I used a different company. I cancelled account because I felt like I was cooking too much and life got kind of busy for a while. I have never had such issues with meal delivery company before and I have used Blue Apron before and had no issues. I will be going back to Blue Apron.

Bob
March 27th, 2019 Bellingham, WA DETAILS

No complaints at all with their vegetarian menu. Well, one. I like their recipes and tend to eat both servings right away. I've low body fat due to watching calories and exercising frequently, so tasty meals are dangerous.

Ashley
March 20th, 2019 Gunnison, CO DETAILS

Pros: Meals are delicious! Delivered on time. Cons: Chose skip week and was still charged. Was told I had 4 freebies to give and when I tried to send them there was no link in the message but the amount of freebies I had decreased anyway even though I didn't send anything.

Karolyn
March 8th, 2019 Yakima, WA DETAILS

They don’t deserve a star. I used the free meals from a friend. Was not impressed with the meal since I didn’t even get to select them in the first place. I deactivated my account. Waited a few weeks to see what was new. Well here is a warning!!! Reactivating your account automatically sets you up for more orders WITHOUT YOUR AUTHORIZATION!!! I now had $70 deducted from my account, received ONE email regarding this and the help I got was “well you should have let us know sooner”! How am I supposed to let you know if you sent me ONE email and it was letting me know my order is on it’s way! I will never refer anyone to this. Sorry but this is crap in my opinion.

Steph
March 8th, 2019 San Antonio, TX DETAILS

Horrible food and service. They do not stop calling and mailing me! I do not know how to stop the harassment.

Alli
February 14th, 2019 The Dalles, OR DETAILS

On many occasions sent the wrong ingredients and would only credit account. One account was on the last box to be sent since we had deactivated our account due to many mistakes, they proceeded to only credit the account in case we wanted to reactivate and wouldn’t refund the money for the meal we were unable to make.

wayne sanders
February 12th, 2019 Valley Center, CA DETAILS

Hello fresh is a good place to have meal items delivered if there are just a few of you. I find it kind of expensive so that is why I have only done it a few times. The portions are rather small so don't count on leftovers. its a great idea and fun to do occasionally or when I have a discount code to use. I don't think it is intended for everyday day use or for several people. but hey if moneys no object then this is a great site to give it a go.

P Crawley
February 12th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I made several of these when babysitting my grandkids. They are always easy to prepare and delicious. My son and daughter-in-law have a subscription and love the food. It's a quick, easy and yummy meal!

JAKE
February 11th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

Hello Fresh is a great company. I tried them for our family dinners and it was really nice to have all the ingredients ready to use. It made things a lot less stressful when dinner time came. Its really nice not having to take the time to go to the grocery store to gather all the different ingredients. It is a little expensive though so we only used it a few times.

Cindy Bailey
February 5th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

The recipes are delicious. They are too pricey . I used them for about 8 months. It got ahead of me and a few times I ended up stuck in an order that I didn t need because I hadn’t cancelled in time. Easy to cancel. Always in time.

Lauren Jorgensen
February 5th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

So convenient! This product is so worth the money! I would much rather pay for HelloFresh then go out to eat and it ends up being cheaper.

Chelsea Horrocks
February 5th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

The only complaint I have about Hello Fresh, because the food and experience was amazing, was the waste of the packaging. Otherwise I LOVE Hello Fresh.

janalee sanders
February 4th, 2019 Valley Center, CA DETAILS

I used Hello Fresh once and thought it was pretty good. it was kind of fun to receive the box of cooking supplies in the mail! the items for the recipes that we choose all tasted good and even better when we put it all together. I feel like this service is best suited for very small groups or singles or couples. this is due to the fact that I feel its a little expensive and the recipes make fairly small portions

emma murphy
February 1st, 2019 Buda, TX DETAILS

Horrible customer service. I will NEVER order from them again. Even the upper management could not accommodate when I was charged an extra week. Infuriating.

Marty Scanlon
January 31st, 2019 Havre de Grace, MD DETAILS

My wife and I received a Hello Fresh gift card for Christmas. I tried to checkout the website from my phone and thought that maybe the mobile site might not be as easy to navigate as the regular internet site, but nope. The internet site was the same nonsense. The first clue should have been that you have to pick a plan and provide them payment info before you can even see if you're interested in their products (menu). Reluctantly I continued only to find out that it was nearly impossible to find out where to apply my gift card. BTW they will already pre-select a menu for you. I unchecked the pre-selected meals and selected three that we might like. By sheer frustration I just cancelled our new account. That's when my wife came in and said "hey they charged our account for 6 meals" this is after I cancelled our account and after I de-selected the 1st 3dinners that Hello Fresh suggested. I am in an acquisition career position and not an idiot when it comes to on-line shopping and scams. I can also recognizing when a company has a business model that guarantees that they will make a first sale every time. Hello Fresh will probably never have to answer for bad business practices in the US because Hello Fresh is foreign owned (Germany). I hope this review helps people.... and the meals they charged me for actually show up. As for the gift card.. I looked it up on-line and there are many people who've had the same issue.

Shayla Hankins
January 16th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

Hello fresh has the most memorable commercials and the beat food. I always feel healthy after eating my meals and they deliver before I expect everytime.

Madalyn Johnson
January 8th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

I love the meals HelloFresh will send me. No matter what i pick for the week i always know it will be easy, delicious, and healthy!

Wendy Baum
January 3rd, 2019 Oviedo, FL DETAILS

Fraudulent web site. You are required to enter financial information in order to view any of their meal offerings. I started to enter my credit card information, but then realized I would not have time to unsubscribe from the auto-delivery. I left the web page and never confirmed a subscription. They signed me up anyway. No email was ever sent notifying me that I was now signed up for their service. I realized only after my bank account was charged that I had been enrolled. When I called their customer service they refused to refund the order that was already in transit.

Mom
December 31st, 2018 Westerville, OH DETAILS

I bought 2 classic meal plans for two people as gifts for Hannukah. Neither got their email gift card. After a follow up call 2 days after they should have received it, the codes were resent but they came to me instead of the recipients. I then forwarded on the gift codes with the instructions of how to use the gift cards. Now 3 weeks later, I called to see how they liked it, I was told the codes showed up as inactive. Will call on Monday and try to get this worked out. Will never do again. If not for my follow up calls twice to ask if they got my gift, I would have never known that this gift never came!!

Brinley Knowles
December 19th, 2018 Smithfield, UT DETAILS

I love being able to get the food delivered to my door and then cook the food that has been delivered to me. HelloFresh makes it easy to make dinner for my family and I even use it to meal prep once in a while. Yummy food at a good price AND you don't even have to go to the grocery store.

Autumn Kallunki
December 19th, 2018 Provo, UT DETAILS

HelloFresh is great and convenient. The recipes they pick are super yummy and I love that they send the right amount of ingredients so you don't have to measure anything out. They have fast delivery.

Alle
December 18th, 2018 Tualatin, OR DETAILS

The first box I received was so welcoming. I got a 60% off discount, purchased the family feast package with 3 meals. The food was amazing, simple to cook, packaging is great and sophisticated; I was highly satisfied. Then for the following week, I did not realize it was too late to skip the week as I did not have the budget for it. I called asking why it was out for delivery and the guy we spoke to, although he could not do much in that situation, tried to help and was very nice about it. We cancelled our subscription. Then my boyfriend and I realized that the deal we are getting on our Hellofresh box is actually an incredible deal. We decided that we wanted to continue our subscription. Our box was delivered today and we opened it. Somehow one of the meat packages was punctured somehow and the juice was all over the bottom of the refrigerated box and part of the bags, but when we called about it to make sure the meals were still okay to consume, Kevin was so incredibly helpful and provided us spectacular customer service. He was able to give us a refund for our box and we are so grateful for that. Any time that I have called, the customer service has been very great, everyone has been really nice and understanding. They want their customers to be happy and satisfied. I highly recommend HelloFresh to whoever is considering it. Once you receive your first box, you will understand. It is just like opening a present every single week. Moreover, I forgot to pick the meals for this delivery so they picked for me and they actually were exactly the options I would have picked, so if you forget to choose your meals for the week, they will choose the best options. I will continue using HelloFresh. Overall, I have had a great experience and I hope you get to experience that as well!

Darius Williams
December 13th, 2018 Alexandria, VA DETAILS

really good pre made meals at a good cost. The delivery was very fast as well!

Christine
December 11th, 2018 Palm Bay, FL DETAILS

I've had the most frustrating experience with Hello Fresh this year. At the beginning, everything was fine. I signed up for 3 meals/week earlier this year. After going over my budget I realized it wasn't a good fit for my family. Fast forward 8 months. I logged onto the Hello Fresh website to see what kind of Black Friday specials they may be running. Well, apparently signing onto the website "reactivated" my account (which was attached to a previous address and a cc that I no longer use.) I had decided once again that the plan was not a good fit for my budget. I closed out of the website and moved on with my Thanksgiving prep. A few days later I receive an email saying I needed to pick out my meals (Black Friday weekend). I searched the website but couldn't find a customer service phone # to call cancel the order A couple of days later I receive another email that my box is on it's way!! Customer service tells me there's nothing they can do. "It's out of their hands". They tell me my account is canceled and I have a credit that never expires. Today (approx 1 week later) I receive another email saying my new box is on it's way!! Once again, nothing they can do. Both boxes contain a pork meal which I don't eat. To top it all off the first box went to my ex-husband's house. So I have now paid for 1 box which I will never see and the other one has a pork meal I cannot eat. Worst experience ever!! Update: Hello Fresh never cancelled my account and ANOTHER box (with pork) was delivered!

Kaitlyn George
December 6th, 2018 Vienna, VA DETAILS

Have used this a few times, and the recipes are really good, however, there seems to be so much shipping/packing waste, and the portion sizes seem small (maybe my husband just eats a lot).

Starski Cene
December 4th, 2018 Vienna, VA DETAILS

Good if you don't mind not having 2nds/leftovers Pros: Tasty meals Easy to cook Fresh ingredients Cons: Small portions (just enough food) Costly if you have a family or want more food

Lindsay Fritts
November 19th, 2018 San Diego, CA DETAILS

Tired HelloFresh last year and loved it. Got some great recipes and they were super easy to follow. Definitely made enough food for two, we had leftovers. If we cooked more at home, we would definitely do more HelloFresh.

Jason Pyrah
November 5th, 2018 Willard, MO DETAILS

HelloFresh has made workweek meals easy in my household. I like that the ingredients are delivered with the recipe and that I don't have to come up with new meals each week.

Kenz
November 5th, 2018 Buena Vista, VA DETAILS

Like the food, most of the ingredients were in good condition upon arrival. Recipes are yummy! Pretty good variety. App is mostly simple to maneuver Shipping really makes it more expensive

Gail Park
November 2nd, 2018 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

One time order. All was good. Not able to cancel subscription. Used their “chat” to cancel. Now, order on its way. Forced to call Europe in order to speak to someone. Then transferred to USA. Currently on hold for 34 minutes. Apparently Hello Fresh does not care about their customers.

Abigail scoville
November 2nd, 2018 American Fork, UT DETAILS

worst food experience my family and I have ever had. Food was consistently sent rotten or moldy and the meals when cooked with what was usable was never really a fun experience. Though so much food was sent bad we were never give a refund when we contacted the company.

Randal hyde
November 1st, 2018 Springfield, MO DETAILS

HelloFresh provides me with fresh dinners and lunches, delivered right to my home. I think the recipes are easy to follow and I like the convenience of the service. Customer service is easy to get ahold of. It is fairly expensive.