Mattress Firm Logo

Mattress Firm

7.6

Tom Hopatcong, NJ

We purchased this mattress online because of the return policy. We now want to take advantage of the return policy and swap for a different version because the medium version is too soft and we are waking up daily with back problems. We would like the firm version. Movers came last week. First, they said everything looked good and was no problem. Then they said they had to take pictures of minor blemishes they saw but that they were so small that it wouldn't be an issue. Then, 15 minutes later, they said Mattress Firm denied the return because of two minor blemishes on the left side of the bed. While they were watching, I took a damp rag and wiped both spots out completely. They agreed that the spots were gone, but said I had to reschedule. This was frustrating because I took off work to do this and wasted a lot of time. The following week the same guys came back. They both looked over the mattress very closely and said everything looked good and didn't have to take any pictures. Then they said they'd said the pictures of the two blemishes on the right side in anyway, even though they weren't a problem last week. These blemishes are so tiny that it's impossible that they had come from a spill. More than likely, the mattress was delivered this way because no fabric is perfect. Ten minutes later, we got denied again. The movers said there was nothing they could do. This is the second time I had to take off work for this and waste hours. We've had a mattress bad and sheets on the mattress since day one. Nothing has ever stained the bed or sheets. And the blemishes they pointed out are literally impossible to see from more than 12 inches away.

Stephen Culleton Conshohocken, PA

My experience with this store started very positively. The sales lady Barbara was very insightful and willing to negotiate to get to a deal we were happy with which included a delivery within a matter of days. The delivery company arrived with the bed. They failed to use the “Red Carpet Service”, no booties or red carpets. They supplied a bed that had a large bubble in it due to the way it was stored during shipping. They were unable to identify that Mattress Firm had provided the correct headboard mounting brackets. There was a scratch on the remote for the base. During the delivery of the base and mattress they managed to damage the wooden floor in the bedroom. A scratch roughly 16 inches in length. From this point forward the communication from the Globe The Professionals Corp has been appalling. Failure to engage or acknowledge they were aware of the damage to the property. Everything has felt like I was working for them. There was a failed second delivery which also had a bubble in the bed. 3 weeks later and I am still waiting to get any sort of compensation or path forward towards the remediation of the damage caused during delivery. The communication with Mattress Firm has been on going but there has been multiple times where I have called to follow up and get a basic status of my order without rebuttal. After the second failed delivery they did do their best to reach out to ISerta to supply a new mattress but I am still yet to hear when I will actually receive this. Genuinely not one of these people who writes reviews of companies if I have bad service but at this point I feel so ignored and ill treated as a paying customer I can’t help but begin to try and steer people towards another supplier. It’s hard to know how they have gotten to be the largest mattress company ni the US with the standard of service and products I have been unfortunate enough to receive. I understand that there is cases where one or two things may go wrong, but once an issue is escalated beyond a normal sale there needs to be greater care and attention to ensure that the customer is not left in the dark and having to beg for a bed. Not like they gave it out for free. I will be using any other mattress firm going forward as will anyone I am come in contact with looking to make a purchase that is as important as a mattress.

Mia Byron, GA

I ordered on the phine Sleepy 12 inches quilted foam gel mattress and they offered promotional free spring box, two pillows and mattress cover. The mattressdidnt expended to 13 inches and I paid the difference ( total $ 867.00) and reorder 14 inches same type of mattress. This one inflated just 12 inches, but was enough for my needs. This mattress gave me terrible back pain and I intended to return. Here we have s SURPRiSE!!! Even I didn’t used the mattress cover and the hard foam pillows, they will not take them back and they will charge their hih prices: 10% restocking fee) $86.00), return delivery (?), $199.00 for low profile spring box that I paid to be assemble, $89.00 for each pillow and $79.00 for mattress cover that I bought one from Ebay for $21.00. Now, I will get back $244.00 from $855.00 that I paid for queen mattress. Just don’t get excited about 120 days free trial!!!!! BE AWARE! I preferred to donate the mattress than deal with their business!

Ellen Simeti Port Jefferson Station, NY

I had my WORST customer experience ever in my life with the Smithtown, NY Mattress Firm. DO NOT deal with anyone from that store. they are rude and very unprofessional. I have left 5 emails with the District Manager from that area and still have NOT gotten a call back or any response! I have had several issues since I purchase my mattress. The ONLY positive is that I did purchase the correct mattress and am happy with it...other than that I had the WORST Customer service which lead to a HORRIFIC EXPERIENCE!!! I would appreciate a phone call from Corporate as I called the office and Customer Service directed me to the District Manager who never reached out to me!

Gay Rosnett Bradenton, FL

3 years ago, I purchased an adjustable bed frame and mattress from mattress firm. I was told how great the Hampton and Rhodes mattress was and $1500.00 later, it was mine. Fast forward 3 years into a 10 year “guarantee”. The mattress has fallen apart. It sags and is bent, right where the adjustable base bends it. After sending numerous photos to the comoany, they refuse to do anything about it. This mattress has no rips or stains, has been turned as instructed and it is basically unusable. Mattress Firm won’t honor any of their warranty. Buyer beware! Spend your money elsewhere. Mattress Firm cares ZERO about their customers.

Brian Goodlow Arlington, TX

I had a mattress and legs that was supposed to be delivered today there was no call no show I have my paperwork here in front of me and dated I tried to call but you get the run around with your phone service however I purchased a 500 series adjustable base and a Bay Spring firm pillow mat and I also got shorter legs 3 in ones however I'm requesting for a refund I'm calling my bank as I'm texting this to get my money back I spent over $1,800and this is the worst experience ever in life there's no one to talk to that can handle anything that knows anything so I'm requesting a refund let me know when y'all can come pick up your items I had changed my mind about the purchase and don't you know they wouldn't even take the base back and it was not even delivered to my house SMH..also they don't And well never be on time I was told too too many lies in the same setting and when I wanted my money back ..wow they cut the emails a day stopped all forms of communications verses when I was trying to purchase they were all over my emails and in box..I personally think that this company doesn't care and only want you hard earned money...this review never got post and it been since June...

Upset Customer Racine, WI

Tulo posts a warranty on their site but doesn't honor the provision. It claims stains void the warranty, but unlike their regular mattress warranty and every other mattress warranty in the country, the Tulo warranty doesn't list stains as a reason that voids the warranty. Tulo won't honor their listed warranty terms and refers you to their regular warranty with isn't posted on their Tulo site. This is bait and switch! I spoke with corporate and they won't honor their warranty as it's written. Their warranty is a limited warranty and, according to the FTC, must list the actions that would void the warranty (https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0252-warranties). In addition, they referred to me another site and warranty to apply to the Tulo, a violation of Magnuson-Moss Act which states all warranty terms must be listed in a single document. We like our Tulo, but now with a minor stain no longer have a warranty. Consider this before buying a Tulo. And don't but their Dri-Tec mattress cover - it's trash and though we used it continuously, it didn't work at all. Just check their reviews on Amazon.

Amy Stewart Gilbert, AZ

We have purchased mattresses from Mattress Firm many times and still are using them now. We love coming in and looking through all of their clearance items and finding great beds at a fraction of the price!

tann Norfolk, VA

I hope there was an option to give 0 stars...I wanted to buy a mattress and adjustable bed for a long time. Google suggested to go for mattress firm so I started to look for the available options on the website. For assistance , I started chatting with the sales person and he was really patient . He even did the amazon price matching .. all is good I was promised that the items will be delivered in 7-10 days. mattresses arrived ... but the bed base....there is no update about that. I have asked the customer care twice about rest of the order. Every time their answer is -Sorry, we don't know the status of the order....plus they 'Lied' to me that they have created a case for my inquiry and will get back to me 'soon'. Yesterday someone from customer care told me that no case was created for my inquiry. They just don't know for some reason - where is the rest of the order. All that customer care say is sorry ... which I am sure they are not. I really regret trying mattress firm. what a terrible way to treat customers. They are really good and patient when you are giving them money... and after that ... your suffering is really not their problem. My point is that I ordered from mattress firm... I don't care about who the end vendor is... My point of contact is mattress firm and Its their responsibility to update any problem with the order.Its my fault for choosing the wrong option.

Eric Wilkinson Herriman, UT

For my sons birthday he wanted a nice new bed for his room. We found a bed and then realized we would also need a new mattress. We went to Mattress Firm and they were able to get us a great price on a good mattress.

Lindsey A Brown Lehi, UT

So far so good. I've bought 3 mattresses for my kids as well as for a guest bedroom from Mattress Firm and although it's not my main mattress, my guests have said its quite comfortable. The purchase process was very smooth and the staff were very knowledgeable and friendly.

Kathie Bowman Lakeside, CA

love my mattress firm mattress. it is so comfy and helps me get a better night sleep. They had so many different options to choose from and you can test them out before buying

Kimberly Maddock Pleasant Grove, UT

Love our mattress we purchased. The salesman was able to find a balance between what I like (firm) and what my husband likes (soft) . Mattress Firm was the perfect solution for us!

Lauren Maddock Pleasant Grove, UT

My husband and I were having a hard time finding a place where we could run in and run out. Mattress Firm did that for us. The mattresses where high quality and we got great customer service to help us choose.

Derek Scoville Pleasant Grove, UT

When my wife and I needed a new mattress, we checked out Sleepnumber, RC Willey, etc, but Mattress Firm offered the same great products, but at a discounted price. Why pay more for the same product?

Chase H Provo, UT

My wife and I went to mattress firm a few years back. The employees were friendly and good at helping us find a mattress matching our needs. We didn't end up purchasing here because we bought at another furniture store from the clearance section. The service was good at Mattress Firm though.

Landon Robison Layton, UT

Got a mattress from here and love it. I have had it for a few years and it is still in great shape. It's extremely comfortable and I got a great deal on it. I would recommend to others.

Michael Leslie Flint, MI

Quality mattress at a reasonable price. We purchased a bamboo mattress years ago and it continues to keep it's shape.

Randy McLean, VA

Purchased an expensive Stearns and Foster mattress a year ago with a 10 year warranty. Mattress sagged significantly in one year of use. Company refused to send someone to inspect despite claim on website to do so and when informed that we were disabled. You will never reach a live person in their customer service center. They do not honor their warranty and have terrible service. Combine terrible service, high prices and poor warranty and you have a company that should go out of business.

Don Platt Riverside, MO

Only 1 year into owning a Sleepy's brand mattress, purchased at Mattress Firm. The mattress sags tremendously in each location where my wife and I sleep. After reaching out to Mattress firm for a warranty claim, they quickly denied the claim, stating that our bed frame has voided the warranty. A bed frame that properly supported the previous mattress for 10+ years without issue. Stay away from this awful company! They denied our claim in less than 4 business hours. Guest that would be one positive; their response time was impeccable.

FLPixie Bradenton, FL

Ordered online and was given delivery date 8/3-8/5/2020. Then I went to get the tracking# and now shipping 9/28/2020. Their customer service is non existent, can't even get an answer as to why the date was pushed out 2 months. Tried calling and they hung up on me. Sent correspondence and their response time is 24-72 hours but they claim they are fully staffed. They surely charged my credit card immediately though. Asked for cancellation and they won't even confirm that I have cancelled the order. DO NOT BUY FROM THESE THIEVES!

Kim Zink Tampa, FL

I have had nothing but bad experiences with the box springs from this company. I bought one and within a few months it was all dented in. The manager said he would “give me a great deal on a really good one that wouldn’t cave in”. Ha! Paid for second one and a few months later all the metal caved in again! Do NOT waste your money on this cheap crap! Once this happens, there is no fixing it! Total waste of money!

Dawna Sayers Cortland, OH

We spent over a thousand dollars on a mattress..got rid of our old one so we can get the new one..two weeks later, still no bed and they keep blaming it on the cov-id. Everything is back and running from the cov-id!! Crooks and Liars🤬 we are going up tomorrow to demand a mattress or a refund right then and there! If not we are filing a police report. I just read they filed bankruptcy in 2018..crooks and liars!! Do not buy from them!!

Aaron Chicago, IL

Mattress Firm has lackluster customer service, poor corporate organization, and a rigid, inconvenient delivery process. They constantly make mistakes and their store managers and salespeople are given no authority to fix the mistakes for their customers. I purchased a mattress that came with a damaged base and they have shown no urgency in resolving the matter. Once you make a purchase with them, you are a number. I wish I would have bought directly from the mattress provider or worked with a more local company who values its customers.

Cathy Danielsville, GA

We bought our mattress one year ago free paying 1600 dollars it got dips tried to do the warranty on line what a joke now we're stuck with this junk still owe 900 dollars just don't want to ruin my credit never again alot of money for back and body pain warrantys are worthless so buyers beware.

PW Eureka, MO

I would suggest that you do not do business with this company. Their 120 day guarantee isn't true. We bought a mattress and mattress cover. The mattress is OK, nothing special but it was very expensive. The mattress cover is useless. The sheets won't stay on the bed so it really doesn't function at all. We found that when we roll over, the sheets move across the pad and literally pull the other person with it. It's the worst sleep that we have ever gotten and Mattress Firm will not refund our money! Stay away from this company!

Dina Alyaseen Katy, TX

Do not buy from Mattress Firm specially a Beauty rest! there no number to call The mattress is only 8 month and it's boulching in the middle and we don't even used the adjustable remote very often! trying to submit an on line warranty request is a nightmare it rejects all the photos, I think this is done so one has to choose the third party inspection at 79.99!

McDaniel Idalou, TX

DO NOT BUY FROM MATTRESS FIRM!!! They charge high prices for adjustable beds. Don’t stand behind the warranty or try to find a solution. Bed hasn’t worked in 3 weeks. Run around from warranty to the local store. I’m filing online complaint and bad review. I will be holding any more payments they are due until someone sincere wants to rectify this

SlushandSlide Peoria, AZ

They will not ship the mattress. Mattress Firm has now deleted the invoice that shows that I purchased it two weeks ago. I would like my money back. It's definitely a company based out of Houston, TX. I'm not surprised that a lot of the items that do arrive, appear to be used. The mattress topper that I had originally bought there looked like it had been sitting outside in water, over an extended period of time. Low quality bed sheets are also being shipped from Logan, Utah. Evidently there seems to be issues involving geography and these kinds of companies.

Sarah Powder Springs, GA

The company is great; the sales person is great.. the problem is delivery from the warehouse and this is why I had to cancel my order..and this will happen to others as well in the future. They said because of my zip code, I will always get afternoons. I told them that i can never do afternoons as I am gone by noon that is why for anything I request delivery in the morning. Every other company has that option why doesn't Mattress Firm? This is what broke having a potential sale with me. And I really needed a new mattress.

ed hernandez Columbia, SC

I purchased a sleepy's twin frame, mattress & box spring on April 27, 2019. It arrived at destination on April 29, 2019 as expected. The problem being that the frame was good, the mattress was good, but the box spring was a queen size. Now I am trying to get a date when the twin box spring can be delivered and I can't get anyone to tell me a thing. This company should stay in chapter 11 and go out of business. if a person does not know how to load a truck with the correct materials then is there any hope they can be improved as a company. I give this company a fine F-.

Cathy H Racine, WI

The first time we moved the mattress with the handles it ripped at the seam about 3 inches. Only owned this mattress for 5 months. Mattress firm claims it wont cover it since the simmons warranty claims a seam or handle tear is not covered. Paid 5000.00 for this bed and it is garbage. Stay away from mattress firm and Simmons. First bed delivered was in the wrong box and maybe that is how they get rid of beds returned from their 120 day sleep guarantee

Larry C obb Bay City, TX

Disappointing customer service, had an issue with their contract delivery personnel. Try to speak with someone regarding a problem, they totally disregard you and NEVER return calls even when they insist they will get back with you. Houston managers and warehouse delivery managers are not worth a darn. Worse than their management, they have contract delivery personnel and apparently little or no recourse with their activities.

Cherie Winter Haven, FL

We paid $1499 for our king mattress here in Winter Haven FL in January 2019. We were told by our saleswoman we would have 120 days to return it if we didn't like it. Well, we do not like it. It's not firm enough. I found out by reading the small print that it will cost us nearly $300 to return it!!!!!!!!!! The saleswomen, naturally, NEVER disclosed this to us. DO NOT MAKE THIS VERY LARGE PURCHASE FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!!!

Anthony Lake Bluff, IL

Got a queen size Serta hybrid mattress from MF store in Vernon Hills IL. Great mattress. Very knowledgeable sales staff. Great experience.

Holly Amaducci Golden, CO

I ordered online on March 1st. I was told it would be delivered within 5-7 days. I received an email stating it would be delivered on the 7th. On the 11th I cancelled my order because they never shipped it and couldn't tell me why. I was told I would receive my refund within 7-10 business days once the "mattress was returned". I thought that will be easy, it never shipped. Oh no, they didn't cancel the order and let it ship! I had to cancel the order AGAIN and I have to wait eight extra days because the mattress has to go back! THEIVING COMPANY!

Francisco Rodriguez Dallas, TX

My mattress is only 8 months old and it sags at one corner. I filed a claim and sent in all the information the asked for including pictures. Just to get a respond that it is at manufacturer standards. They advised be to have a third party inspect it but that I had to pay $80. Also they offered me a 20% discount on another. I went to the store where I bought it and the person that sold it to me said, sorry but I should put a claim on line. I do not recommend mattress firm. Get your mattress from somewhere else but not with them.

craig Buford, GA

Items ordered weren't delivered. Waited over an hour on customer service with no response. Began chat with customer service and was disconnected. Another hour on hold with no answer. Delivery team knew they screwed up and couldn't leave fast enough. This is about the most pathetic customer service experience I've had in a long time. Would definitely give 0 stars if possible.

Abhishek Nayak San Jose, CA

Worst delivery and service . I was sent a broken bed frame and the delivery guy told the warehouse that it's broken. But they still asked him to deliver it to me. I rejected the delivery and rescheduled for next day. The driver came and seems he called me . I never got a call. I paid more that $1000 and it's been a week that I am waiting for the mattress. I just moved from east coast with family and we are sleeping on floor . Forget about compensation, they are yet to deliver my mattres. Pathetic !!!! I am reporting this to consumer court

Dan M Hemet, CA

First of all read reviews before buying reviews were ok- so went ahead bought two matresses total$5000. Received items to 2weeks later then slept on for two weeks -on second week woke with bed bug bites - tried to explain to sells person- theres no way they are responsible - why because beds are delivered in plastic but while delivered they are next to the old beds they are picking up- so know I am having to go through credit card dispute which they are very helpful.Did not want to go down that route but for $5000. I have too

Bridgette Moore Louisiana, MO

I purchased two beds. I was encouraged by the salesman to purchase the floor model temperpedic. He said great value and reliability. But no warranty. I told him my concerns. He reassured me it was a good buy. Well I have a lumpy bed that causes serious back pain. Paid 1000$ for a painful nights rest. And I can’t return it. I will never shop at Matress firm again and I will encourage anyone to think twice about shopping there. I am stuck with a piece of garbage for the next 7-10 years!

Daryl Markovic Marietta, GA

I bought a bed base and box spring online and have had the worst problems ever. Do Not buy from mattress firm they suck! 1.) They drove off with my bed and I haven't had a bed in a week 2.) They finally delivered the bed and forgot the base and box spring 3.) They promised me an upgrade and now say they wan to charge me for it. Please don't every buy from this company.

Anonymous Falling Waters, WV

Very helpful, no high pressure tactics, listened to my requirements and found several mattresses that met my needs. Let me choose what I wanted.

Low Honolulu, HI

Great value, great price, comfortable. We were looking for a firm mattress and was pleased to find that there was a huge inventory and that it was reasonably priced.

John Sarasota, FL

The Premium Plush is the highest end they make. After 2 weeks only a cavity was created you cannot even roll out of and you will need back surgery if you get one, so I payed an extra $160 for a new one and got the same exact thing. For the last few years I only sleep on a luxury futon from Wayfair and i sleep like a rock. Hampton & Rhodes makes the biggest price of garbage you can buy and NEVER EVER but a mattress from Mattress Firm they sell only pure Garbage and will not refund

Brenda Stough Dora, AL

I don't really care for the mattress that we have now to firm for me hurts my back. I liked my memory foam mattress that we purchased from Walmart never had a problem with it hurting my back like the one we have now that we purchased from Amazon.

Sheila New York, NY

They did not honor their promise that I could return a mattress pad that cost 240.00 after spending 4000.00 on a king bed and adjustable frame and warranty. I had to tweet about it then I got a reply. Basically saying we will do you a favour and give you half your money back. I don't understand you will take a bed back, clean it and resell but not a mattress pad?

Nate Clifton, NJ

Mattress Firm is such a solid company, i had no issues in getting exactly what I need. There staff is friendly and helpful!

Shayla Hankins Lehi, UT

Mattress firm is the best way to shop mattresses, they have employees around ever corner who can help but they do not push you or make you uncomfortable.

Jobie Goodro Orem, UT

Although we don’t love our mattress, we like it and really appreciated the sales associate and customer service we received. They really wanted us to get the best mattress for our money and issues.