Sephora

Sephora Logo

7.1

Sephora

Sign up for a Sephora Beauty Insider account to get personalized makeup recommendations.

Sephora offers a selection of makeup, skincare, fragrances, body lotions and hair products from hundreds of brands.

Sephora was founded in France in 1970 and now has approximately 1,900 stores in 29 countries worldwide, including 360 stores across North America. The Sephora website was launched in the US in 1999.

The Good

• Huge Selection
  • Great Online Features
  • Free Shipping on Orders Over $50

Sephora offers thousands of products from hundreds of makeup and cosmetic brands. Users can choose from the following categories: makeup, skincare, fragrance, bath & body, nails, hair, tools & brushes, men, and gifts.

There are several different online features that users can access to get additional information about different beauty products. In the Beauty Talk section of the website, users can type in beauty questions to be answered by other Sephora users. In order to join the conversation, however, users must be registered with Sephora. Users can also access how-to videos, articles and The Beauty Board, which allows users to browse inspirational beauty photos.

Sephora offers free shipping on all orders over $50.00. For orders under $50.00, users are offered 3-day shipping for $5.95. Sephora also offers 2-day, 1-day or USPS priority shipping for an additional cost.

Sephora also offers free returns both online and in-store. Customers will receive full refunds for items that are returned within 60 days, or store credits for items that are returned in 61-90 days.

Regular Sephora customers can sign up for free membership and email newsletters. This will also give them the option to receive free deluxe samples, birthday gifts, Beauty Insider offers via email and more.

Sephora has an 877-number for contacting customer service. Their customer service representatives are available Monday-Friday, 6am-9pm PST, and Saturday-Sunday, 8am-5pm PST. Under the Contact Us section of the website, users also have the option of filling out an online form to contact customer service through email.

The Bad

• Do Not Sell Some Popular Brands

While Sephora offers hundreds of different makeup and beauty brands, they do not sell some of the most popular brands. For example, Sephora does not carry L'Oreal, CoverGirl or M.A.C.

The Bottom Line

Sephora is an established brand in the makeup industry and offers the added convenience of returning and exchanging online purchases in-store. In addition, the website features several tools for the makeup lover, including articles, videos, community forums, inspiration boards and a personal virtual wish list.

Bella Houtz
August 17th, 2018 South Jordan, UT DETAILS

For your higher end beauty needs this is the place. Great products and helpful workers that give great advice on products.

Nire May
August 16th, 2018 DETAILS

I love sephora app. I can shop whenever and it’s convenient. ❤️

Asia Defreitas
August 16th, 2018 DETAILS

Service is always excellent, shipping is very fast.

Danielle
August 16th, 2018 Brooklyn, NY DETAILS

The attendants were friendly. One, in particular, took special care to make sure I got what I needed and gave me her recommendations. It was my first time in store so I was very pleased.

Hannah Cummins
August 2nd, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

Sephora is a great store to shop at. They have a lot of options, great staff, ​and gorgeous displays.

Karen Nelson
July 30th, 2018 Alpine, UT

I have been 100% satisfied with Sephora's name brand products. I also like that they carry most of all the other cosmetic brands. The people who work there are always very professional, look fantastic as part of their advertising. They will take all kind of time with you to make sure you are happy.

Cody Linden
July 23rd, 2018 Lehi, UT

I've purchased gifts from Sephora and they've always had products that I was searching for, however, they are more expensive that a typical store. Although the quality is much greater as well. So if you have the money, than it is worth it.

Kimberley Hirt
July 23rd, 2018 Buena Vista, VA

I love this store! They have great customer service and products. So happy with everything I've purchased there.

Anna Hu
July 23rd, 2018 Provo, UT

Sephora is my favorite makeup store when I am wanting higher quality makeup, or help with something specific. All of the workers in the store are always so knowledgeable and happy to help me try out a product, find the right color, or give me new recommendations. They have such great variety of more luxury brands. I love their services they provide as well such as their free 15 minute mini makeovers. Sephora is definitely my go to store for any makeup needs.

Avery Fowler
June 7th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Sephora is one of my favorite makeup stores. I love how they will let you try on all the makeup you want to make sure you love it!

Amelia Gibson
June 7th, 2018 South Jordan, UT

Sephora is a great company, they have a wide variety of prices and choices.

H Moore
June 7th, 2018 Lehi, UT DETAILS

Sephora is the number one makeup used in our house. My daughter models professionally, and she loves their foundation and lip glosses. She also swears by their tattoo eyeliner since it doesn't smear or smudge.

Amy Crawley
June 5th, 2018 Draper, UT DETAILS

Love the points system and perks. Especially for Birthdays!

Nana Asiata
June 4th, 2018 Herriman, UT DETAILS

Sephora has great quality makeup! their staff there are always kind and ready to help you with anything!

Lynette Fowler
May 31st, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Lots of products to choose from. Not real crazy about not being able to return an item to their sister store even though it says it is Sephora.

Bella Houtz
May 29th, 2018 South Jordan, UT DETAILS

Sephora is a really nice reliable store that has great customer service.

Michelle Hawker
April 24th, 2018 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

I am willing to go out of my way to go to Sephora. They are always very helpful and friendly. Best of all, I can almost always find the exact product/s I am looking for. You can also try before purchasing!

Madi Thompson
April 16th, 2018 Ogden, UT

I've overall have had pretty decent experiences when shopping at Sephora. I enjoy the fact that they let you take home a sample of whatever you like. Their stores could be cleaner as far as testers go but other than that, I'd recommend it.

Sandy
April 16th, 2018 Seaside, OR DETAILS

High end products with inflated prices. So crazy! I shop at Christmas time for deals. Great customer service though. I also like their birthday gift they give each year. Very generous. I also like their reward points system.

Anne Marie Milne
April 12th, 2018 Layton, UT DETAILS

Sephora is okay. I don't think they have as good of a selection as some other makeup places. I never have as much luck when I go there. Unfortunately I would not recommend.

Brette
April 11th, 2018 Draper, UT DETAILS

The make up here is honestly hit and miss! Sometimes its bad quality and other times it’s amazing! The people that are supposed to demonstrate are never nice and aren’t very helpful

Sarah Coats
December 14th, 2017 Sandy, UT DETAILS

They have a lot of good products. They can be somewhat overpriced however. But the staff is very helpful and knowledgeable.

Cassidy Gundersen
December 13th, 2017 Orem, UT DETAILS

Sephora is the one stop shop for all things makeup. It is literally the greatest! We use only organic lines and they have plenty of options for that too. If you need any new makeup- Sephora is the place. They have great customer service and decent prices.

Lindsey
December 11th, 2017 American Fork, UT DETAILS

In my opinion, since I'm not super intense about makeup, Sephora is overpriced and too fancy for me - not worth it.

Hannah
December 11th, 2017 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I love the brands offered at Sephora, and I like that they have samples you can try. They are expensive, but for certain brands they are my one-stop-shop.

Emerald Scott
December 6th, 2017 West Jordan, UT DETAILS

The customer service here is outstanding. The employees are really knowledgeable. My biggest issue is that their products are so expensive and it's hard to find good deals. Their "cheaper" options aren't even that cheap.

Raquel
November 29th, 2017 Sandy, UT DETAILS

Everyone at Sephora is super helpful. At times there never seems to be enough cashiers. But I love all their products

Nichole Davidson
November 13th, 2017 Sandy, UT DETAILS

I've always been able to find what I need and the employees has always been helpful when I had questions or needed advice. Sephora is the best cosmetic/beauty store, in my opinion, and I always trust the products they sell. I've never had to return any product because I've always been so happy with my purchases.

Hayley Lambdin
November 7th, 2017 Orem, UT DETAILS

Sephora is the mothership of all beauty stores. It has high quality shampoo and facial cleansers. Their makeup brand is also fantastic and affordable!

Brooke
November 6th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

I come her for all by makeup needs. There have the best variety of products. They seem to have too many employees working at once and it can get crowded, but at least there’s always someone there to help you out.

Tiffany
October 31st, 2017 American Fork, UT DETAILS

Sephora has a huge variety of products which can sometimes be an overwhelming experience. I do like that I can try many products they have on a trial basis, I have done that with foundation and purfume. This is nice because it's hard to choose these things on the spot at the store. Overall, it's pricey but that is just what the products go for everywhere. The birthday club and points system are nice and give you a chance to try new products.

Landon
October 27th, 2017 Centerville, UT DETAILS

My favorite thing about Sephora is they let you get samples of cologne/perfume so you can try it before you buy it. I get to try it out, see how i feel about it, and then buy it if i really want it. It makes buying cologne so much better because I know i wont regret buying it.

Lindsey Andersen
October 30th, 2017 Provo, UT DETAILS

I love going in the store and playing with makeup or taking home samples of any product! If I need to go online, I have taken advantage of the free shipping deals and wider selection!

Yam
August 4th, 2017

I shop at Sephora A LOT. I usually do my shopping in store since the closest one one to me is about 20 miles away, but as they do not carry some of the products I'm interested in buying , I had to order online (such a nightmare). I am a very impatient person so when I ordered I actually paid the 16.95 one day shipping , (mind you I ordered over 100 dollars worth of products) expecting to receive my order in one to two days. Didn't receive my order until 4 days later (I placed my order early On a Wednesday morning so my order should've been processed the same day) I know it seems like I'm getting worked over only one day. But if I paid almost 17 dollars for shipping, I'm expecting to receive my items promptly. Sephora really needs to up their shipping game.

Sandra Dubas
June 14th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

Everything is way to expensive in sephora, and the things that are cheaper are not good quality. I bought eyeshadow there and it was broken when it was delivered.

Lindsay H.
June 12th, 2017 Draper, UT

Sephora has a large selection of both high-end and drug-store makeup. Sephora's makeup brushes are good too.

Hayley Lambdin
June 8th, 2017 Lindon, UT

Sephora is the mothership for makeup and hair products! I love them! They have a large variety of brands and a great online store. I am forever a Sephora fan!

Cheryl Lambdin
June 8th, 2017 Leesburg, VA

Sephora is my favorite makeup line, great products at a great price.

L. Hill
June 7th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

As the mother of five daughters who ALL love Sephora, I can't say enough good things about them. They have every imaginable beauty product and their customer service is fantastic. They are happy to offer samples if you want to give something a try before purchasing... but on the same note... if you are disatisfied with anything... simply bring it back for a full refund!

Sav Flo
June 7th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

Love the products and they are worth the high prices! Sephora stores are large and spacious! I loved the mascara and I keep going back. There is such an assortment of makeup products. Fabulous store!