Sephora offers a selection of makeup, skincare, fragrances, body lotions, and hair products from hundreds of brands.

Sephora was founded in France in 1970 and now has approximately 1,900 stores in 29 countries worldwide, including 360 stores across North America. The Sephora website was launched in the United States in 1999.

Keep reading for the pros and cons of shopping with Sephora along with verified customer reviews

#1 ULTA chevron_right
#2 Thrive Causemetics chevron_right
2.7

The Good

• Vast Selection of Makeup Products
  • Great Online Features
  • Free Shipping on Orders Over $50
  • Flexible Return Policy
  • Beauty Insider Rewards Program
  • Customer Service Hours

Vast Selection of Makeup Products

Sephora offers thousands of products from hundreds of makeup brands. Among the top beauty brands they sell:

• Kat Von D
  • Huda Beauty
  • Drunk Elephant
  • Briogeo
  • Fenty Beauty
  • Jo Malone
  • Urban Decay

Customers will find a wide selection of eye shadow, bronzer, concealer, eyeliner, lipstick, waterproof mascara, and many other top beauty accessories. If you are looking to try something new every order comes with two free samples of your choice.

Great Online Features

There are several different online features that Sephora provides for additional information about its beauty products. In the Beauty Talk section of the website, users can submit questions to be answered by other Sephora users. In order to join the conversation, however, users must be a Sephora member. All users can access how-to videos from professional makeup artists, articles, and The Beauty Board which provides inspirational photos and makeup ideas.

Free Shipping on Orders Over $50

Sephora offers free shipping on all orders over $50.00. For orders under $50.00, users are offered 3-day shipping for $5.95. Sephora also offers 2-day, 1-day or USPS priority shipping for an additional cost.

Flexible Return Policy

Sephora also offers free returns both online and in-store. Customers will receive full refunds for items that are returned within 60 days, or store credits for items that are returned in 61-90 days.

Beauty Insider Rewards Program

Sephora customers can sign up for the free Beauty Insider rewards program and email newsletters. This also gives you the option to receive free deluxe samples, birthday gifts, Beauty Insider offers, and more. Sephora members also have unlimited access to the Sephora Community for the ultimate Sephora shopping experience. Here you can ask questions about all of the products and even how to choose the right shade for your skin tone. Non-members also have access to the Community board but cannot submit questions.

Customer Service Hours

Sephora has an 877-number for contacting customer service. Their customer service representatives are available Monday–Friday, 6:00 am–9:00 pm PST, and Saturday–Sunday, 8:00 am–5:00 pm PST. Under the "Contact Us" section of the website, users also have the option of filling out an online form to contact customer service through email.

The Bad

Missing Popular Brands

While Sephora offers hundreds of different makeup products from top beauty brands, it does not sell some of the most popular brands. For example, Sephora does not carry L'Oreal, CoverGirl, or M.A.C.

The Bottom Line

Sephora is an established brand in the makeup industry and offers the convenience of returning and exchanging online purchases in-store. In addition, the website features several helpful tools for all makeup enthusiasts including articles, videos, community forums, inspiration boards, free samples, and a personal wishlist.

Sky

January 22nd, 2021 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love Sephora! I’ve been able to get some great makeup. I’ve gotten some beautiful pallets and skincare that’s really helped my skin.

N

January 22nd, 2021 Oakland, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been shopping at Sephora for years. If you want high end makeup, or want to take a trip on the low side, I highly recommend Sephora. I love their point system and absolutely LOVE their return policy and their customer service.

Morgan Knight

January 22nd, 2021 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love Sephora! It is so nice to be able to walk in and not have to wait for someone at a counter like in a department store! I love their point system to, and the sample section so you can try lots of products without having to buy an expensive big bottle you have never tried before! The staff is always so helpful and there is a wonderful feeling when you are there!

Mason Allen

January 21st, 2021 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sephora is too expensive for the quality of products they sell. Some of the products are name brand and those seem to be priced alright but then there are others that are much less quality sitting on the same shelf for the same price. I always feel pressure to buy when I am there as well.

Abby Ashby

January 21st, 2021 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love Sephora!!! Nest fragrances are my fav and I can only get them from Sephora. Also I love getting my bday gifts from them. They are always great gifts

Amy McCarlie

January 20th, 2021 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sephora is my happy place! I always find so many things I love and the products are the best and also the customer service!

MommaHarris

January 19th, 2021 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Friendly staff, clean and appealing store. Love that you can get small sample sized things for rewards and bday.

Emily Grossman

November 30th, 2020 Corpus Christi, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The sales people are always friendly. The array of products are plentiful. Great prices for the products.

Jannis Ly

November 30th, 2020 San Antonio, TX

Sephora is an excellent place to buy high end makeup. They are very clean and the staff are friendly.

Vikti Mehta

November 23rd, 2020 Frisco, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When I visited Sephora the customer service was really friendly and gave me advice on the types of eyeliner I could use. They have a lot of different makeup to choose from that's a pretty good price.

Rhyia Emeri Reyes

November 23rd, 2020 San Antonio, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If you like luxury, you should go to Sephora. You earn points for every purchase, but the free trial products are not worth it. There are other stores where you can get the same products, but at a discounted rate.

jaci finch

November 20th, 2020 Corpus Christi, TX

Honestly, I prefer Ulta to Sephora. The employees at Sephora (In my experience) have been condescending to me and my choice of makeup. I didn't feel welcome during my visit.

Desiree

November 19th, 2020 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love Sephora! They have so much variety of good quality makeup products. I've also bought my skincare products from Sephora, and my skin has never looked better!

Devin

November 16th, 2020 Fayetteville, AR

Sephora has it all. Workers are always very knowledgable and very helpful when shopping.

Summer Meadors

November 15th, 2020 Fayetteville, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sephora has a great variety of products. The workers are always very helpful and they keep a good product update.

Madison Rees

November 15th, 2020 Logan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Top quality make up. Never have I had a problem with an item that I purchased. It has always turned out the way it was described. I always feel like a million bucks when I have it on!

Samantha

November 13th, 2020 Fayetteville, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Everytime I have purchased from Sephora I have been pleased with my products, but not necessarily the customer service. The stores I have been to have had some employees that were condescending and did not seem very friendly or willing to help.

Brooklyn Bishop

November 12th, 2020 Smithfield, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sephora has such good quality makeup. Everything lasts me a long time and the pricing is very reasonable. Everything is high quality. I would definitely recommend to everyone!

Megan Melanson

November 12th, 2020 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love Sephora! It’s a one stop shop for all your makeup, beauty, and skincare needs.

Shyanne Ovard

November 12th, 2020 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Makeup options are great here. Have enjoyed some of the product lines and how many stores are around

Elyse Chinnock

November 11th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sephora is the best beauty store! Great customer service and amazing products. There are so many amazing, trustworthy brands offered at Sephora. They also have a great rewards program and birthday gift!

Mason Mitchell

November 11th, 2020 Fayetteville, AR

My girlfriend bought me cologne for my birthday from there. She didn't know which one to get so they gave her 10 little sample bottles for me to try out and they have been awesome. I would recommend making the store more appealing to men rather than just women.

Cdavid

November 10th, 2020 St Louis, MO

I love Sephora for make up. They have some brands that I can not find anywhere else.

Jordyn Kerner

November 10th, 2020 Fayetteville, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love the variety of products they carry - both popular higher end products as well as newer, smaller brands. The employees are always willing to help and are knowledgeable about most products. I like that they have a point system that allows you to eventually get free sample size products.

JCrosbie

November 9th, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Lots of selection. Great variety. Store feels overwhelming. I don’t enjoy how made up the artists are or how they push you to more expensive product. Stores often feel dirty, especially the sample areas.

Johnson

November 9th, 2020 Smithfield, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When my daughter was old enough to wear make-up I took her to Sephora. I loved the knowledge of the staff and the time they took to help my daughter learn the right products for her.

Heather Anderson

November 7th, 2020 Providence, UT

I love this store! They have everything I could need in a beauty store. Their staff is very friendly and knowledgeable. I feel like their prices are also very competitive.

Danica David

November 5th, 2020 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My experience shopping at sephora left me very satisfied. I was greeted by multiple workers who were very kind. When I had trouble finding a product they were quick to help me out.

Victoria

November 5th, 2020 Fayetteville, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I really enjoy going to Sephora because they have a very wide selection of products for every skin type/concern and trained professionals that know just about everything about makeup. I had really dry skin and came in asking for help. The Sephora workers helped me and recommended two products that I use everyday now!

Avery

November 4th, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sephora is a great place to get any type of makeup. It has everything.l you could ever need. They are very good quality and last a long time! The employees are always helpful.

Linda felt

November 4th, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I really like your product. I also appreciate the free birthday gift that you offered to me. Thank you.

Jaida Williams

October 29th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sephora is the place to go when looking for high end makeup. They have a wide variety of products. You can also get free gifts on your birthday and also on a good day if you are lucky. Their point system and customer service is amazing.

Frederline Jean-Philippe

October 29th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Love it! Good quality make up! Love Fenty Beauty. Sephora needs better priced items

Phabie

October 29th, 2020 Mobile, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love the foundation match that they offer! I am able to know my shade from top makeup brands without having to play a guessing game. The Sephora lashes are great also! Cheaper than other lashes in the store with similar quality.

keiontai henry

October 27th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL

Sephora was where I first made my purchase of the Fenty gloss bomb! I could not beat the availability of the product anywhere else. Not to mention, each birthday they give you a selection of high quality products to choose from.

mallory p.

October 26th, 2020 Jackson, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

the workers are VERY friendly and amazing at makeup :) they always know how to please you whether it be with their attitude or their professionalism. the makeup they sell is always affordable and GREAT quality.

Mercede jones

October 26th, 2020 Norcross, GA

I love Sephora!! There makeup is the bomb and prices vary which is amazing. Every Sephora store I have ever been to has been amazing.

Wendy

October 21st, 2020 Park City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sephora is a great place to find the make-up you are looking for. So much product to chose from!

Susanna Collins

October 20th, 2020 Long Beach, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sephora is a great makeup provider. They're always up with the latest makeup trends and I love their reward system

Mallory Evans

October 18th, 2020 Park City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The employees are always really nice and helpful when I visit. The store is full of great products, and I have returned various times for my favorite purchases.

Kathrine Evans

October 15th, 2020 New Orleans, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Most of the time I go it’s very clean and the workers take good care of u and make sure everything cleaned but sometimes the workers don’t acknowledge you , I went in there for the third time in my life with no makeup on and no one came up to me and the fifth time I went I had a full face of makeup on and three workers came up to me asking me questions about if if I need anything and I kind of find that rude

M. Sperry

October 4th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great products and workers are so helpful! I love going there and finding new things!

Chloee Lewis

October 2nd, 2020 Eagle Mountain, UT

I love Sephora, it is amazing I love how there are many locations and in a lot of malls.

Morgan whiting

October 1st, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love the Sephora brand spray tanner. It’s my favorite. They also Carry tons of amazing brands. They also have a cool loyalty program.

Paige Stockard

September 22nd, 2020 Wichita, KS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love using Sephora to buy makeup, they have all of the brands and products that I like!

Dominique

September 19th, 2020 Denver, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sephora has always been my go-to makeup store. The staff is incredibly helpful and willing to help you find a look that works for you! They have a huge variety of products and you’re almost guaranteed to find something that works for you.

Abby Wallin

September 17th, 2020 Denver, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love Sephora's diverse product selection and the employees are extremely helpful. I can always find everything I need there. I especially appreciate the selection of both high end and more lower range products.

Lkirton

September 16th, 2020 Park City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sephora is great place to shop. They have a great variety of high end make up products. The staff is knowledgeable and able to recommend products specifically for me.

Iris Sanders

September 15th, 2020 Denver, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The single best thing about Sephora is their app! It makes looking for products super easy, and I can see the shipping and delivery notifications in real time!

Lottielyn Schwenke

September 14th, 2020 Orlando, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The best store! How can you walk in without walking out with a basket full of goodies. I always appreciate Sephora's organization of color and products. The way they utilize light in their merchandising is genius.