Sephora Logo

8.1

Sephora offers a selection of makeup, skincare, fragrances, body lotions, and hair products from hundreds of brands.

Sephora was founded in France in 1970 and now has approximately 1,900 stores in 29 countries worldwide, including 360 stores across North America. The Sephora website was launched in the United States in 1999.

Keep reading for the pros and cons of shopping with Sephora along with verified customer reviews

ULTA Logo
#1 ULTA chevron_right
Thrive Causemetics Logo
#2 Thrive Causemetics chevron_right
2.7
Sally Beauty Supply Logo
#4 Sally Beauty Supply chevron_right

The Good

• Vast Selection of Makeup Products
  • Great Online Features
  • Free Shipping on Orders Over $50
  • Flexible Return Policy
  • Beauty Insider Rewards Program
  • Customer Service Hours

Vast Selection of Makeup Products

Sephora offers thousands of products from hundreds of makeup brands. Among the top beauty brands they sell:

• Kat Von D
  • Huda Beauty
  • Drunk Elephant
  • Briogeo
  • Fenty Beauty
  • Jo Malone
  • Urban Decay

Customers will find a wide selection of eye shadow, bronzer, concealer, eyeliner, lipstick, waterproof mascara, and many other top beauty accessories. If you are looking to try something new every order comes with two free samples of your choice.

Great Online Features

There are several different online features that Sephora provides for additional information about its beauty products. In the Beauty Talk section of the website, users can submit questions to be answered by other Sephora users. In order to join the conversation, however, users must be a Sephora member. All users can access how-to videos from professional makeup artists, articles, and The Beauty Board which provides inspirational photos and makeup ideas.

Free Shipping on Orders Over $50

Sephora offers free shipping on all orders over $50.00. For orders under $50.00, users are offered 3-day shipping for $5.95. Sephora also offers 2-day, 1-day or USPS priority shipping for an additional cost.

Flexible Return Policy

Sephora also offers free returns both online and in-store. Customers will receive full refunds for items that are returned within 60 days, or store credits for items that are returned in 61-90 days.

Beauty Insider Rewards Program

Sephora customers can sign up for the free Beauty Insider rewards program and email newsletters. This also gives you the option to receive free deluxe samples, birthday gifts, Beauty Insider offers, and more. Sephora members also have unlimited access to the Sephora Community for the ultimate Sephora shopping experience. Here you can ask questions about all of the products and even how to choose the right shade for your skin tone. Non-members also have access to the Community board but cannot submit questions.

Customer Service Hours

Sephora has an 877-number for contacting customer service. Their customer service representatives are available Monday–Friday, 6:00 am–9:00 pm PST, and Saturday–Sunday, 8:00 am–5:00 pm PST. Under the "Contact Us" section of the website, users also have the option of filling out an online form to contact customer service through email.

The Bad

Missing Popular Brands

While Sephora offers hundreds of different makeup products from top beauty brands, it does not sell some of the most popular brands. For example, Sephora does not carry L'Oreal, CoverGirl, or M.A.C.

The Bottom Line

Sephora is an established brand in the makeup industry and offers the convenience of returning and exchanging online purchases in-store. In addition, the website features several helpful tools for all makeup enthusiasts including articles, videos, community forums, inspiration boards, free samples, and a personal wishlist.

Jena Siren Taylor, MI

Love Sephora. They've got great brands and my favorite location is Fairlane Mall in Dearborn, MI. Their management there is incredibly friendly and very helpful. The manager, Marisa, is knowledgeable and has helped me multiple times.

Taylor Hall Los Angeles, CA

Sephora is my go to for high-quality make up with high variety! They always have everything I need and I’ve never disappointed. The staff is so kind and so willing to help. And the prices are affordable enough that I’m able to try new things when I go.

daphjohnson Saratoga Springs, UT

Sephora is a great store to get all your beauty needs at once. I love coming here because you can ask the experts and get new makeup or beauty ideas from someone who knows what they are talking about. I also like that they can help you color match your face so that you aren't surprised with what makeup you purchased after you get home and its too late.

Morgan Knight Salt Lake City, UT

I love Sephora! It is so nice to be able to walk in and not have to wait for someone at a counter like in a department store! I love their point system to, and the sample section so you can try lots of products without having to buy an expensive big bottle you have never tried before! The staff is always so helpful and there is a wonderful feeling when you are there!

Jean Pleimann Hollywood, FL

They have great sales & give you samples so you can try it first. I love this store, everything you need in one place!

Syd13 Washington, UT

Sephora is a one stop shop for all your favorite things. I love the range of products they have and that I can go to one place and get everything I need. I also really love their exclusive brands.

Simone Tallahassee, FL

The layout of the store is uniform across all the branches, making it easy to navigate. They also seem to take COVID precautions very seriously. The staff can be very friendly or very intimidating.

Emily H West Wendover, NV

This is my go-to makeup store. I've been very happy with the face products I've purchased there. Makeup is definitely on the more expensive end, but the quality is high. Brands are fairly priced, and they often have great sales. I pay $20 for my cat eyeliner, but it lasts me months--far longer than the brands you could buy at any grocery store makeup sections. They also give you a free product during your birthday month!

N Oakland, CA

I have been shopping at Sephora for years. If you want high end makeup, or want to take a trip on the low side, I highly recommend Sephora. I love their point system and absolutely LOVE their return policy and their customer service.

Tiffany I Gaithersburg, MD

Sephora has amazing cosmetics and carries my favorite brand - Tatcha, which Ulta doesn’t. They’re a little pricey but I love their selection and and always give out samples.

Nazjah Yates Jacksonville, FL

Sephora is always super organized and the customer service is amazing. An associate always comes to great you and helps you with any questions or advice.

Naya Tallahassee, FL

One of the things I love about Sephora is the variety of products they hold along with various brands. Keeping this in mind, Sephora can be a bit expensive at times depending on what you are buying.

Brooklyn Bishop Smithfield, UT

Sephora has such good quality makeup. Everything lasts me a long time and the pricing is very reasonable. Everything is high quality. I would definitely recommend to everyone!

Phabie Mobile, AL

I love the foundation match that they offer! I am able to know my shade from top makeup brands without having to play a guessing game. The Sephora lashes are great also! Cheaper than other lashes in the store with similar quality.

Irinna Danielson Riverton, UT

I went to Sephora for the first time to take my daughter for a make up appointment for her birthday. The beauty consultant was so great and helped my daughter, and me, find the right colors to draw out our natural features and beauty. After that first experience, we have gone back to Sephora ever since because we know they'll know about the best products to use and they never try to sell me the most expensive brand. They're finding me the products that will fit me the best and I appreciate the personalized service. It's why we keep going back to Sephora for our makeup needs.

Rebeckah Anestin Tallahassee, FL

The workers are so nice and so helpful so they make shopping such a joy there. It is great because I have very little knowledge about makeup.

Mason Allen Provo, UT

Sephora is too expensive for the quality of products they sell. Some of the products are name brand and those seem to be priced alright but then there are others that are much less quality sitting on the same shelf for the same price. I always feel pressure to buy when I am there as well.

Abby Ashby Provo, UT

I love Sephora!!! Nest fragrances are my fav and I can only get them from Sephora. Also I love getting my bday gifts from them. They are always great gifts

Kay lynn Tucson, AZ

My daughter loves this store. I just wish the reps knew more about makeup for darker skin tones

Madison Rees Logan, UT

Top quality make up. Never have I had a problem with an item that I purchased. It has always turned out the way it was described. I always feel like a million bucks when I have it on!

Elyse Chinnock ,

Sephora is the best beauty store! Great customer service and amazing products. There are so many amazing, trustworthy brands offered at Sephora. They also have a great rewards program and birthday gift!

Mason Mitchell Fayetteville, AR

My girlfriend bought me cologne for my birthday from there. She didn't know which one to get so they gave her 10 little sample bottles for me to try out and they have been awesome. I would recommend making the store more appealing to men rather than just women.

Jordyn Kerner Fayetteville, AR

I love the variety of products they carry - both popular higher end products as well as newer, smaller brands. The employees are always willing to help and are knowledgeable about most products. I like that they have a point system that allows you to eventually get free sample size products.

Victoria Fayetteville, AR

I really enjoy going to Sephora because they have a very wide selection of products for every skin type/concern and trained professionals that know just about everything about makeup. I had really dry skin and came in asking for help. The Sephora workers helped me and recommended two products that I use everyday now!

Jaida Williams Tallahassee, FL

Sephora is the place to go when looking for high end makeup. They have a wide variety of products. You can also get free gifts on your birthday and also on a good day if you are lucky. Their point system and customer service is amazing.

keiontai henry Tallahassee, FL

Sephora was where I first made my purchase of the Fenty gloss bomb! I could not beat the availability of the product anywhere else. Not to mention, each birthday they give you a selection of high quality products to choose from.

Dominique Denver, CO

Sephora has always been my go-to makeup store. The staff is incredibly helpful and willing to help you find a look that works for you! They have a huge variety of products and you’re almost guaranteed to find something that works for you.

Brittany Wilkinson Herriman, UT

I really love a trip to the Sephora store. The one I visit is conveniently located in the JC Penney near my home but I also love the one at my local mall. It's convenient. I love the customer service I receive and that the employees help find what I need.

L. Hill Salt Lake City, UT

As the mother of five daughters who ALL love Sephora, I can't say enough good things about them. They have every imaginable beauty product and their customer service is fantastic. They are happy to offer samples if you want to give something a try before purchasing... but on the same note... if you are disatisfied with anything... simply bring it back for a full refund!

Amy Gardiner Germantown, MD

LOve to go there to compare and find cosmetic products. Staff is extremely knowledgable in various products.

Kara Washington, DC

I love the variety of brands Sephora has in their store. I’ve always had a great experience at every Sephora I go to.

Jada Urquhart Orlando, FL

Sephora is also stocked with the products I need. They have good pricing and sometimes have good deals.

Sherry Bateman Port Coquitlam, BC

I have been able to purchase Skin Care products at Sephora that I cannot get in other stores or even online. Although the product is quite pricey it has been convenient.

applebutteranna Butler West Wendover, NV

I love all of my products that I have gotten from Sephora. They also offer birthday gifts and they notify you during all of the sales.

Rachel Butler Provo, UT

The employees just don’t feel as qualified to help me as they should be. I want someone there who knows more about make up and what are good options for me than a quick google search.

Lizzie Billings West Valley City, UT

Wow! The staff is so helpful in finding the right products. They’re also very generous in giving free samples. I love their products.

Amy McCarlie Orem, UT

Sephora is my happy place! I always find so many things I love and the products are the best and also the customer service!

amycray Bangor, ME

Wonderful customer service at Sephora and fun products

Vikti Mehta Frisco, TX

When I visited Sephora the customer service was really friendly and gave me advice on the types of eyeliner I could use. They have a lot of different makeup to choose from that's a pretty good price.

Desiree Pleasant Grove, UT

I love Sephora! They have so much variety of good quality makeup products. I've also bought my skincare products from Sephora, and my skin has never looked better!

Samantha Fayetteville, AR

Everytime I have purchased from Sephora I have been pleased with my products, but not necessarily the customer service. The stores I have been to have had some employees that were condescending and did not seem very friendly or willing to help.

Avery Salt Lake City, UT

Sephora is a great place to get any type of makeup. It has everything.l you could ever need. They are very good quality and last a long time! The employees are always helpful.

mallory p. Jackson, MS

the workers are VERY friendly and amazing at makeup :) they always know how to please you whether it be with their attitude or their professionalism. the makeup they sell is always affordable and GREAT quality.

Kathrine Evans New Orleans, LA

Most of the time I go it’s very clean and the workers take good care of u and make sure everything cleaned but sometimes the workers don’t acknowledge you , I went in there for the third time in my life with no makeup on and no one came up to me and the fifth time I went I had a full face of makeup on and three workers came up to me asking me questions about if if I need anything and I kind of find that rude

Abby Wallin Denver, CO

I love Sephora's diverse product selection and the employees are extremely helpful. I can always find everything I need there. I especially appreciate the selection of both high end and more lower range products.

Lottielyn Schwenke Orlando, FL

The best store! How can you walk in without walking out with a basket full of goodies. I always appreciate Sephora's organization of color and products. The way they utilize light in their merchandising is genius.

Tiauna Anderson Salt Lake City, UT

I love Sephora's commitment to adding clean brands to their stores. I recently replaced my foundation and concealer and wanted something without all the junk traditional brands have. I was pleasantly surprised to see how many different clean options I had!

Ashley Ulibarri Sandy, UT

I love shopping online at Sephora. They have such a huge selection and I love earning points for my purchases s d I’m a big fan of all the free gifts and samples that you get with your purchase

Cade Boudreaux , FL

Sephora is a Great cosmetic store. The customer service is very friendly I’m very willing to help you find whatever you need. I bought my girlfriend fancy lipstick from over there and it was very affordable compared to other stores.

Jaci Rhoades , TX

I love this store. I could spend all day in Sephora trying all the samples, looking through all the options. Every product I have bought from there has lasted a long time. My clarisonic is still working and I bought it 6 years ago. The staff is really friendly and helpful.