Sephora

6.3

Sephora offers a selection of makeup, skincare, fragrances, body lotions and hair products from hundreds of brands.

Sephora was founded in France in 1970 and now has approximately 1,900 stores in 29 countries worldwide, including 360 stores across North America. The Sephora website was launched in the US in 1999.

The Good

• Huge Selection
  • Great Online Features
  • Free Shipping on Orders Over $50

Sephora offers thousands of products from hundreds of makeup and cosmetic brands. Users can choose from the following categories: makeup, skincare, fragrance, bath & body, nails, hair, tools & brushes, men, and gifts.

There are several different online features that users can access to get additional information about different beauty products. In the Beauty Talk section of the website, users can type in beauty questions to be answered by other Sephora users. In order to join the conversation, however, users must be registered with Sephora. Users can also access how-to videos, articles and The Beauty Board, which allows users to browse inspirational beauty photos.

Sephora offers free shipping on all orders over $50.00. For orders under $50.00, users are offered 3-day shipping for $5.95. Sephora also offers 2-day, 1-day or USPS priority shipping for an additional cost.

Sephora also offers free returns both online and in-store. Customers will receive full refunds for items that are returned within 60 days, or store credits for items that are returned in 61-90 days.

Regular Sephora customers can sign up for free membership and email newsletters. This will also give them the option to receive free deluxe samples, birthday gifts, Beauty Insider offers via email and more.

Sephora has an 877-number for contacting customer service. Their customer service representatives are available Monday-Friday, 6am-9pm PST, and Saturday-Sunday, 8am-5pm PST. Under the Contact Us section of the website, users also have the option of filling out an online form to contact customer service through email.

The Bad

• Do Not Sell Some Popular Brands

While Sephora offers hundreds of different makeup and beauty brands, they do not sell some of the most popular brands. For example, Sephora does not carry L'Oreal, CoverGirl or M.A.C.

The Bottom Line

Sephora is an established brand in the makeup industry and offers the added convenience of returning and exchanging online purchases in-store. In addition, the website features several tools for the makeup lover, including articles, videos, community forums, inspiration boards and a personal virtual wish list.

3.9

Cassidy Gundersen

December 13th, 2017 Orem, UT DETAILS

Sephora is the one stop shop for all things makeup. It is literally the greatest! We use only organic lines and they have plenty of options for that too. If you need any new makeup- Sephora is the place. They have great customer service and decent prices.

Lindsey

December 9th, 2017 American Fork, UT DETAILS

In my opinion, since I'm not super intense about makeup, Sephora is overpriced and too fancy for me - not worth it.

Hannah

December 9th, 2017 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I love the brands offered at Sephora, and I like that they have samples you can try. They are expensive, but for certain brands they are my one-stop-shop.

Emerald Scott

December 5th, 2017 West Jordan, UT DETAILS

The customer service here is outstanding. The employees are really knowledgeable. My biggest issue is that their products are so expensive and it's hard to find good deals. Their "cheaper" options aren't even that cheap.

Raquel

November 29th, 2017 Sandy, UT DETAILS

Everyone at Sephora is super helpful. At times there never seems to be enough cashiers. But I love all their products

Nichole Davidson

November 13th, 2017 Sandy, UT DETAILS

I've always been able to find what I need and the employees has always been helpful when I had questions or needed advice. Sephora is the best cosmetic/beauty store, in my opinion, and I always trust the products they sell. I've never had to return any product because I've always been so happy with my purchases.

Hayley Lambdin

November 7th, 2017 Orem, UT DETAILS

Sephora is the mothership of all beauty stores. It has high quality shampoo and facial cleansers. Their makeup brand is also fantastic and affordable!

Brooke

November 5th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

I come her for all by makeup needs. There have the best variety of products. They seem to have too many employees working at once and it can get crowded, but at least there’s always someone there to help you out.

Tiffany

October 30th, 2017 American Fork, UT DETAILS

Sephora has a huge variety of products which can sometimes be an overwhelming experience. I do like that I can try many products they have on a trial basis, I have done that with foundation and purfume. This is nice because it's hard to choose these things on the spot at the store. Overall, it's pricey but that is just what the products go for everywhere. The birthday club and points system are nice and give you a chance to try new products.

Landon

October 26th, 2017 Centerville, UT DETAILS

My favorite thing about Sephora is they let you get samples of cologne/perfume so you can try it before you buy it. I get to try it out, see how i feel about it, and then buy it if i really want it. It makes buying cologne so much better because I know i wont regret buying it.

Lindsey Andersen

October 26th, 2017 Provo, UT DETAILS

I love going in the store and playing with makeup or taking home samples of any product! If I need to go online, I have taken advantage of the free shipping deals and wider selection!

Yam

August 4th, 2017

I shop at Sephora A LOT. I usually do my shopping in store since the closest one one to me is about 20 miles away, but as they do not carry some of the products I'm interested in buying , I had to order online (such a nightmare). I am a very impatient person so when I ordered I actually paid the 16.95 one day shipping , (mind you I ordered over 100 dollars worth of products) expecting to receive my order in one to two days. Didn't receive my order until 4 days later (I placed my order early On a Wednesday morning so my order should've been processed the same day) I know it seems like I'm getting worked over only one day. But if I paid almost 17 dollars for shipping, I'm expecting to receive my items promptly. Sephora really needs to up their shipping game.

Sandra Dubas

June 13th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

Everything is way to expensive in sephora, and the things that are cheaper are not good quality. I bought eyeshadow there and it was broken when it was delivered.

Lindsay H.

June 10th, 2017 Draper, UT

Sephora has a large selection of both high-end and drug-store makeup. Sephora's makeup brushes are good too.

Hayley Lambdin

June 7th, 2017 Lindon, UT

Sephora is the mothership for makeup and hair products! I love them! They have a large variety of brands and a great online store. I am forever a Sephora fan!

Cheryl Lambdin

June 7th, 2017 Leesburg, VA

Sephora is my favorite makeup line, great products at a great price.

L. Hill

June 7th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

As the mother of five daughters who ALL love Sephora, I can't say enough good things about them. They have every imaginable beauty product and their customer service is fantastic. They are happy to offer samples if you want to give something a try before purchasing... but on the same note... if you are disatisfied with anything... simply bring it back for a full refund!

Sav Flo

June 7th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

Love the products and they are worth the high prices! Sephora stores are large and spacious! I loved the mascara and I keep going back. There is such an assortment of makeup products. Fabulous store!

Denise Huber

May 29th, 2017 Mona, UT

I am a huge make-up lover and overall, Sephora is a nice store with a large variety of products. However, their customer service could be much better. My experience is that many of their employees are not very well versed in their product lines and not good at recommending items. I have found this to be true even in stores located in large metropolitan areas.

Kari

February 15th, 2016 Hayward, CA

Horrible employees at Stonestown Sephora. One of their employees accused me of stealing their eyeliner when I don't even wear makeup. I was in there shopping with my friend because she wears makeup.