Sally Beauty Supply is an international retailer and distributor of professional beauty supplies. They currently have more than 3,500 store locations in 11 countries, including the United States, the United Kingdom, Belgium, Canada, Chile, Puerto Rico, Mexico, France, Ireland, Spain and Germany. Sally Beauty Supply was founded in 1994 and is headquartered in Denton, TX.

#1 Thrive Causemetics chevron_right
2.7
#2 ULTA chevron_right
4.1
#3 Sephora chevron_right

The Good

• Over 9,000 Products
  • Major Brands
  • Online and In-Store

Sally Beauty Supply offers over 9,000 beauty products for hair, skin and nails from some of the most trusted names in beauty. Some of the major brands that Sally Beauty Supply offers include Paul Mitchell, Sebastian, Clairol, Conair and Wella. Users can shop the following product categories on the website: hair, makeup, nails, skincare, spa & beauty, salon equipment and accessories.

Both online and in-store customers can save money through Sally Beauty Supply's three clubs. Sally Beauty Supply Club members receive discounted member pricing on every non-sale item and receive 15% off rewards if they spend $25.00 per month. This membership costs $5 per year. Licensed beauty professionals or salon owners can sign up for the Pro Preferred Card and beauty school students can sign up for the Beauty Student Savings Card, both of which give eligible members access to exclusive discounts and email offers.

There is a free newsletter available customers who prefer not to join the club or sign up for a discount card. The newsletter features beauty news and special promotional offers. Customers are only asked to supply their name and email address to start receiving the newsletters.

In the header of the Sally Beauty Supply site, there is an 866-number that users can use Monday-Friday 8am-6pm CST to contact the customer service department. There is also a Customer Service link in the footer of the site which has FAQs, shopping help and general company information.

The Bad

• No Free Membership
  • Discount Requirements
  • No Mobile App

Sally Beauty Supply is the only makeup store we reviewed that doesn't offer a free membership to its loyalty program. In addition, customers can only take advantage of the 15% off rewards if they spend at least $25.00 in a month, whereas other makeup stores simply provide discounts after a specific number of points have been accumulated over time.

Although Sally Beauty Supply offers a thorough selection of hair and nail products, the makeup selection is minimal compared to other makeup stores we reviewed. Sally Beauty Supply doesn't offer some of the most popular makeup brands like L'Oreal, Urban Decay, M.A.C. or CoverGirl. Customers who are seeking specific brands or a larger variety of makeup products to choose from may prefer a larger makeup retailer like ULTA or Sephora.

Unlike many of their competitors, Sally Beauty Supply Supply does not have a mobile app. However, the website is optimized for mobile browsing, so the lack of an app may only be an issue for users who were hoping to use additional tools and features that apps like L'Oreal's offer.

The Bottom Line

For customers who regularly spend at least $25.00 per month on beauty products, the Sally Beauty Supply Club will save them money. However, the minimal selection of major makeup brands may make it difficult for customers who have something specific in mind to find what they're looking for.

4.0

Lkirton

September 16th, 2020 Park City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have shopped at Sally Beauty Supply more than a few times. Even though their stores are relatively small, I have usually been able to find the hair products that I am looking for.

Yolanda Briganti

September 16th, 2020 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They have lots of products. The wax I bought for the eyebrows and lips hasn't worked very well. The items I have bought there have been too expensive for the quality.

Kate Lillywhite

September 15th, 2020 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Keep yourself and your family looking good at Sally Beauty Supply! Wonderful products and a knowledgeable sales staff. I've loved everything I've bought here from hair products, to make-up, to hair dryers and always been satisfied however they have an amazing return policy if you're ever dissatisfied.

Lottielyn Schwenke

September 14th, 2020 Orlando, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love Sallys! It's the place to find everything you need and more. As a girl with textured hair I appreciate the diversity in hair products and styling tools.

Dayna

September 13th, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sally beauty is my go to for all hair care needs. They have great products and good prices.

Tiauna Anderson

September 10th, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I buy my hair dye and accessories at Sally Beauty Supply and am always happy with the quality there. I recently bought a new straightener from my local Sally Beauty Supply and am very happy with it!

Brittany Wilkinson

September 10th, 2020 Herriman, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My girls and I love Sally Beauty! I love the hair bands and hair color section and my young girls love their face mask and makeup section.

AF

September 8th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've purchased a few beauty tools from Sally's and have been happy with them. I'm a little intimidated inside the store with some of the products, but that's more me than the actual store.

Shante Reeder

September 4th, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I really like Sally's for most of my professional hair and beauty needs. They have a great selection of product, and the staff always has great recommendations.

Emily Turn

September 4th, 2020 Kamas, UT

I used to go here WEEKLY for a solid year - they have everything I’d need from Bobby pins to the best Christmas sets.

Jolene

September 3rd, 2020 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Always the first place I check when I am looking for specific or more rare supplies for my hair. Good price

Katlyn Hockman

March 7th, 2020 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sally's Beauty Supply doesn't compare to anyone. they have the best customer service I've ever had in my life and they always have all the products I need.

Annie Chow

March 4th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Always go here for my hair necessities like hair dye and hair clips. Guaranteed to have what I'm looking for.

Megan Johnston

February 23rd, 2020 Sandy, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I always go and get my hair color from Sally Beauty Supply. I like knowing that I will be able to find exactly what I'm looking for.

Hallieford

February 18th, 2020 Arlington, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sally Beauty is my go to for my hair needs. Blow dryers to brushes to hair dye. Great prices.

Darbles32

February 2nd, 2020 Managua, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sally beauty is my go to store for many beauty things and they still hold the best tweezers award

Madison Kneiss

January 25th, 2020 Gulfport, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Typically get their hair products. I’m not a fan on the quality of their skin and make up products.

ChanceyParker

January 19th, 2020 Jackson, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Hair products are better than make up products. I don’t like that you have to pay to renew your rewards.

Dorrie2001

January 15th, 2020 Jonesboro, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I always buy my hair dye from here and it works out amazing. The workers are always helpful in answering any questions I have. Very reasonable prices.

Stephanie Byrd

January 10th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sally Beauty Supply is the ultimate beauty stop for people of all walks of life. Sally provides thousands of beauty products. I won't lie, these products are pricey but the quality is worth it all.

Aly

December 18th, 2019 Peekskill, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I used to be a huge fan of Sally Beauty Supply. I'd shop in their stores all the time, and purchased a lot of my hair care needs from them. Recently, I tried to purchase a curling iron online and send it to my friend for Christmas (she lives far away, so I have to ship gifts to her), and I placed my order and then when the box arrived at her house the curling iron wasn't in there! I called their customer support and waited for twenty minutes to speak to a human being and then was greeted with a serious attitude. When I tried explaining my situation, the woman told me that the iron is out of stock and that I would be refunded. So why would they have let me purchase it if it was out of stock? And why didn't I get notified when they realized that? So after a very unpleasant conversation with the woman with Sally's customer support, I ordered a different iron from them. Then I had the same exact thing happen. Sally beauty supply is absolutely the last company I will ever purchase from online ever again. Their stock information is clearly inaccurate, their customer service reps did not treat me with respect, and their communication with customers about circumstances like this needs some serious work.

Alyssa Boren

October 8th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The store in American Fork is really small so it feels very cluttered and they don't have as many items as other stores. I love the gel nail polish they sell, it works really well and lasts long.

Nicole LeBaron

May 31st, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love going to Sally Beauty for their nail polish. They have a great selection and it has stayed on great for me. I’ve had good luck finding what I need at their store. Employees are helpful as well.

McKinzie Figueroa

February 6th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sally's seems to have pretty much anything that you would need for your hair or nails. They have more colors of nail polish that I thought was possible. Everyone who works there seems to be very knowledgeable about the products that they have in the store. It can be kind of pricey, you will probably be able to find everything that they have online for a cheaper price.

Tiffany

December 13th, 2018 Tempe, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!!! Great prices and has everything not just 1 type of product.

Mia Hernandez

December 12th, 2018 Tempe, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

this is one of my favorite places to shop beauty supplies they have so many choices to choose from however when it comes to make up i recommend going somewhere else like sephora only because when it comes to hair and hair products this place has you but as far as make up goes if your looking for verity this isnt the place for you

Dee Farquharson

December 6th, 2018 Washington, DC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like buying certain hair products. A little more expensive than larger beauty supply stores. they have a credit card and coupons (from time to time) so you can save money.

Lindsay Fritts

November 16th, 2018 San Diego, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I am looking for hair supplies for a reasonable price, Sallys is my go to. No need to spend a ton of money at another store when I can get the same thing for less money at Sallys. A lot of professional hair people go to Sallys, so why wouldnt I go somewhere where professionals go?

Amber C Frey

November 15th, 2018 San Diego, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sally Beauty Supply is a great store for whatever beauty products you need. They seem to have just about everything there. I would likely recommend them to anyone.

Amber

September 20th, 2018 Saratoga Springs, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

While Sally's offers Makeup, I really feel like their selection is limited. They are really more geared toward Hair and nails.

Shari Evers

September 16th, 2018 Lehi, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I just went hand held mirror hunting and thought Sally’s would have the best selection. They didn’t, the selection was very minimal.

Dylan Findlay

August 28th, 2018 South Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

A great place to shop for beauty supplies. They have a lot of great sales and the service if fantastic.

Bella Houtz

August 17th, 2018 South Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

One of my favorite places to shop for beauty and hair supplies. I never walk out without whatever I needed. Workers are helpful.

Sarah

August 2nd, 2018 Fairfax, VA

They have great coupons and sales on products that are good. My hair tools are purchased from them and I have been pleased with their customer service, products, and prices.

Hannah Cummins

August 1st, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

Sally Beauty Supply is great and affordable. Some of their stores I have been to need to be cleaned up a bit but their staff is always extremley nice and helpful.

Cody Linden

July 30th, 2018 Lehi, UT

I've shopped here a couple times for my wife, the selection was decent but the store felt crowded and I didn't feel like the staff was very helpful. Overall, there were some affordable products and gift selections.

Karen Nelson

July 29th, 2018 Alpine, UT

I have been to many of these stores in many states. They always employ very friendly people to work there. Also, each person seems to know exactly what you need when you come in with a problem. They are very knowledgable and very helpful. I also like being able to get Salon grade products.

Marilyn Greer

July 23rd, 2018 Saint George, UT

I buy things there that I can't get anywhere else but I don't think their products are at wholesale prices.

Kristin

June 12th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This store provides a variety of products that are great quality. I bought my own gel nail kit and have four girls at home and have saved a lot of money it’s well worth it to try!

Madge Easton

June 9th, 2018 Orem, UT

I shop here all the time for my nail supplies. They have good sales for what I use and always have the colors I want. Their hair product are very good especially the generic brands.

CAROLE SCOVILLE

June 9th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I know that whatever weird make up thing I need, or beauty tool, Sally’s will have it!

Sadie Scoville

June 9th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

I like there cute little nail polishes. I also love to go there and see the fun designs on fake nails.

Avery Fowler

June 7th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The quality of their products is very good and their staff is always willing to help and very friendly!

Joanna Hester

June 5th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love shopping at Sally's because I feel I am getting salon quality products at a great price. Whenever I get adventurous with my hair, I trust Sally's to have the right product and great advice.

L. Fowler

May 31st, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Not a lot to choose from, but I like the items that I purchase from them and they have a great return policy. If you aren't fully satisfied with your purchase, just return it.

Bella Houtz

May 29th, 2018 South Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sally’s has a great selection of beauty supplies and always has good customer service.

H Moore

May 28th, 2018 Lehi, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love to browse at Sally Beauty Supply, and I always find something I need.

Erin Rhoton

April 24th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sally has good products at great prices. Their staff isn't as knowledgable as some other places but they are still helpful.

Natalie Dillon

April 19th, 2018 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sally's has some of the best prices for beauty products. Also, I love their selection. I have never not been able to find what I was looking for.

P. Palmer

April 17th, 2018 El Paso, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had a Sally's card for the past 10 years. I like looking through their clearance and I can always find great hair products.