Sally Beauty Supply Logo

Sally Beauty Supply

Is This Your Business?

7.6

LAST UPDATED: July 26th, 2021
Sally Beauty Supply is an international retailer and distributor of professional beauty supplies. They currently have more than 3,500 store locations in 11 countries, including the United States, the United Kingdom, Belgium, Canada, Chile, Puerto Rico, Mexico, France, Ireland, Spain and Germany. Sally Beauty Supply was founded in 1994 and is headquartered in Denton, TX.

ULTA Logo
#1 ULTA chevron_right
Sephora Logo
#2 Sephora chevron_right
Thrive Causemetics Logo
#3 Thrive Causemetics chevron_right
2.7

The Good

• Over 9,000 Products
  • Major Brands
  • Online and In-Store
Sally Beauty Supply offers over 9,000 beauty products for hair, skin and nails from some of the most trusted names in beauty. Some of the major brands that Sally Beauty Supply offers include Paul Mitchell, Sebastian, Clairol, Conair and Wella. Users can shop the following product categories on the website: hair, makeup, nails, skincare, spa & beauty, salon equipment and accessories. Both online and in-store customers can save money through Sally Beauty Supply's three clubs. Sally Beauty Supply Club members receive discounted member pricing on every non-sale item and receive 15% off rewards if they spend $25.00 per month. This membership costs $5 per year. Licensed beauty professionals or salon owners can sign up for the Pro Preferred Card and beauty school students can sign up for the Beauty Student Savings Card, both of which give eligible members access to exclusive discounts and email offers. There is a free newsletter available customers who prefer not to join the club or sign up for a discount card. The newsletter features beauty news and special promotional offers. Customers are only asked to supply their name and email address to start receiving the newsletters. In the header of the Sally Beauty Supply site, there is an 866-number that users can use Monday-Friday 8am-6pm CST to contact the customer service department. There is also a Customer Service link in the footer of the site which has FAQs, shopping help and general company information.

The Bad

• No Free Membership
  • Discount Requirements
  • No Mobile App
Sally Beauty Supply is the only makeup store we reviewed that doesn't offer a free membership to its loyalty program. In addition, customers can only take advantage of the 15% off rewards if they spend at least $25.00 in a month, whereas other makeup stores simply provide discounts after a specific number of points have been accumulated over time. Although Sally Beauty Supply offers a thorough selection of hair and nail products, the makeup selection is minimal compared to other makeup stores we reviewed. Sally Beauty Supply doesn't offer some of the most popular makeup brands like L'Oreal, Urban Decay, M.A.C. or CoverGirl. Customers who are seeking specific brands or a larger variety of makeup products to choose from may prefer a larger makeup retailer like ULTA or Sephora. Unlike many of their competitors, Sally Beauty Supply Supply does not have a mobile app. However, the website is optimized for mobile browsing, so the lack of an app may only be an issue for users who were hoping to use additional tools and features that apps like L'Oreal's offer.

The Bottom Line

For customers who regularly spend at least $25.00 per month on beauty products, the Sally Beauty Supply Club will save them money. However, the minimal selection of major makeup brands may make it difficult for customers who have something specific in mind to find what they're looking for.

Madisen Cluff Los Angeles, CA

I love the products I get from Sallys not to mention their stores always smell really good and fresh. My Mom is a hairstylist so I I usually have her get me products so I can stock up for when I go to college. Any product you get is likely to be good but I have my favorites (Paul Mitchell and Big Sexy Hair)

Lisa C Johnson Washington, DC

I went to Sally Beauty Supply to look foe hair products. My hair is very dry and I was looking for new products. Sally Beauty Supply had a large variety of hair products. I didnt know which one I should buy. One of the employees helped me pick out a product for me that was good for my hair. I bought shampoo and conditioner for my hair type. I ended up buying a dryer while I was there also. They offer reward programs but because I dont go that often it gets deleted. I just stopped signing up. That's the only negative.

Taylor Larson Nakhon Sawan, 60

The Sally Beauty employees have always been knowledgeable and helpful when I've been looking for something. I also love how they have products that you can't just find at drugstores.

CJ Milke Olney, MD

Sally Beauty Supply's concealer goes on smoother than any concealer I have ever used. It is so easy to blend in with even just your finger. The way it comes as a stick applicator makes it very convenient for on the go use.

Harry Newport, NC

"I wrote a review on a purchase from Sally's. I just got an email that my review was read but the chose not to put it on their web site. Their words from the email I received: Our staff has read your review and values your contribution even though it did not meet all our website guidelines. Thanks for sharing, and we hope to publish next time! Guess only the positive stuff makes the cut. Here is what I had posted on their Coconut Co-wash. Buyer beware Bought this about a month ago. 1) When I bought the product it was buy 2 get 1 free, I put 2 in the cart and checked out. During checkout I had a coupon for free shipping which I applied. When I got my order I only had 2, when I I contacted Customer Service I was told, oh you used a coupon and that voided the get one free, it said the at the bottom,of the page when you applied it. Sorry. So I saved 3.00 and lost 8.00 in product, thanks so much. Be aware when you apply coupons, as you will not see if you are losing out on a deal, and Customer Service was no help, so your stuck. 2) The reason this took so long to review is the link from Customer Service was a bad link and it took this long to finally get them to fully explain how to get my review out there for everyone. On the plus side it shipped and arrived on time, Yea?"

Taylor Hall Los Angeles, CA

They have items that you can’t find anywhere else! They are always great quality and I’ve never had any issues. I always enjoy going there and even get excited to see and try new things! The customer service is always great and they always help you get what you need! They also except returns of a wide variety.

Jodianna Maitland, FL

A little overpriced but I buy makeup here a lot. They do not have a large section for makeup and not many options for people with different skin types.

Megan Milke Laurel, MD

Sally beauty is the only close beauty store to my house. Their bobby pins are absolutely to die for as they are the only ones that will hold my thick hair for dance.

Stephanie Byrd Tallahassee, FL

Sally Beauty Supply is the ultimate beauty stop for people of all walks of life. Sally provides thousands of beauty products. I won't lie, these products are pricey but the quality is worth it all.

McKinzie Figueroa Provo, UT

Sally's seems to have pretty much anything that you would need for your hair or nails. They have more colors of nail polish that I thought was possible. Everyone who works there seems to be very knowledgeable about the products that they have in the store. It can be kind of pricey, you will probably be able to find everything that they have online for a cheaper price.

Emerald Scott West Jordan, UT

Sally's has great hair products for good deals. I've never had an issue with anything I've gotten here. The sales staff is not the best from my experience, but they can tell you where anything in the store is, which is better than some.

Danielle Syracuse, UT

I love that i can go into Sally Beauty Supply and but Salon quality items without needing a cosmetology licence. I've loved their variety of products and the prices are very reasonable.

Pete Centerville, UT

I've been to Sally's a couple of times for hair products. They have such a wide variety of products that it's hard to know exactly what you want, but the workers there are usually really helpful and with help you find the product you need and want.

Whitney Wilkins West Valley City, UT

Sally has great customer service and is always willing to help you find whatever you need. They have a variety of both hair and makeup supplies. There makeup is very easy to look through and find what you want.

Emily H West Wendover, NV

Great place for finding nice hair, nail, and skin products at a reasonable price. Staff is helpful and knowledgable about the products. Especially if you enjoy coloring your own hair, they have great hair color lines with clear instructions to guide even those who are experimenting with color for the first time.

Nicole Johnson Portland, OR

A hub for many beauty needs. It's easy to stop in here and know you'll find what you need. I have found great deals on curling irons specifically. Lots of HotTools brand on sale. Nail polish and general makeup also seem to be a decent deal.

jaci finch Corpus Christi, TX

I used to go to Sally Beauty Supply a lot more when I was younger, but not as much anymore. They don't have the products I need on a normal basis, but if they have what you need I have never had a problem and the customer service is great.

Tiffany Vollmer Midvale, UT

I love Sally Beauty. It has been difficult to find the things I need lately due to the pandemic. I ordered some essentials online and wasn't too impressed with that process. It took way longer than stated, my order arrived in 4 different shipments, and i was missing items. When I contacted customer service there were great to work with abs quickly got the rest of my order sent out. I still feel this is a fantastic company and will remain a loyal customer.

Kate Lillywhite American Fork, UT

Keep yourself and your family looking good at Sally Beauty Supply! Wonderful products and a knowledgeable sales staff. I've loved everything I've bought here from hair products, to make-up, to hair dryers and always been satisfied however they have an amazing return policy if you're ever dissatisfied.

Karen Nelson Alpine, UT

I have been to many of these stores in many states. They always employ very friendly people to work there. Also, each person seems to know exactly what you need when you come in with a problem. They are very knowledgable and very helpful. I also like being able to get Salon grade products.

hminfo Olney, MD

I love that we have a Sally Beauty Supply in our town. It is great for lots of beauty items, and especially nail and hair products.

Heather Milke Olney, MD

Love having a Sally Beauty Supply in my town for supplies when we need it. Service is great and they usually have what I need.

Katlyn Hockman Houston, TX

Sally's Beauty Supply doesn't compare to anyone. they have the best customer service I've ever had in my life and they always have all the products I need.

Dorrie2001 Jonesboro, GA

I always buy my hair dye from here and it works out amazing. The workers are always helpful in answering any questions I have. Very reasonable prices.

Aly Peekskill, NY

I used to be a huge fan of Sally Beauty Supply. I'd shop in their stores all the time, and purchased a lot of my hair care needs from them. Recently, I tried to purchase a curling iron online and send it to my friend for Christmas (she lives far away, so I have to ship gifts to her), and I placed my order and then when the box arrived at her house the curling iron wasn't in there! I called their customer support and waited for twenty minutes to speak to a human being and then was greeted with a serious attitude. When I tried explaining my situation, the woman told me that the iron is out of stock and that I would be refunded. So why would they have let me purchase it if it was out of stock? And why didn't I get notified when they realized that? So after a very unpleasant conversation with the woman with Sally's customer support, I ordered a different iron from them. Then I had the same exact thing happen. Sally beauty supply is absolutely the last company I will ever purchase from online ever again. Their stock information is clearly inaccurate, their customer service reps did not treat me with respect, and their communication with customers about circumstances like this needs some serious work.

Alyssa Boren American Fork, UT

The store in American Fork is really small so it feels very cluttered and they don't have as many items as other stores. I love the gel nail polish they sell, it works really well and lasts long.

Nicole LeBaron Provo, UT

I love going to Sally Beauty for their nail polish. They have a great selection and it has stayed on great for me. I’ve had good luck finding what I need at their store. Employees are helpful as well.

Kristin Pleasant Grove, UT

This store provides a variety of products that are great quality. I bought my own gel nail kit and have four girls at home and have saved a lot of money it’s well worth it to try!

Madi Thompson Ogden, UT

I was a previous employee for Sally Beauty Supply. I overall have had pretty good experiences with this company. I wish they had a better discount for licensed customers. I also would like to see other popular brands at the store.

Lindsey American Fork, UT

I think Sally has great prices, good quality products, and helpful customer service employees. I've gotten nail polish here that has been SUPER good quality, and good styling products for my hair.

Nichole Davidson Sandy, UT

Sally's is good for hair tools that you can't find at a typical drugstore. I usually buy bobby pins, small hair elastics and gloves at Sally's. They might have some trustworthy brands for other products but I don't trust them. Employees haven't been very helpful as they don't know much about the product. Stores are a little run down too, everything looks cheap.

Abbey Richards American Fork, UT

Sally's is a good place for basic beauty supplies. I get my hair irons there, and I get nail polish too. It has some makeup, but it isn't the place to go for makeup. They don't have a very large inventory of makeup.

deb

Arrived 15 minutes before opening and I knew it was early and decided to stand outside store. Upon arriving by door, African American Woman Banged on the window and with an attitude yelled at me that the store was not opening until 11. After I made my purchase from a younger African American girl at the register , I told the Older African American Woman that I knew the store didnt open until 11 and she did not need to bang on the window and yell at me. Well she immediately denied it, so I asked the young girl what was the womans name and she would not tell me. saying she did not have to tell any names. Then the Woman started yelling at me again telling me she was not afraid of a complaint. I told her by now that I di not need to be talked to and treated this way and that she was RACIEST against white people. Well she really went OFF. Yelling at me even louder and said I was raciest. Some of my best friends are African American and I have a mixed Granddaughter so of course this is not the case. I just left the store as she was still yelling at me. So if you look up the time and date 11 am July 9 2017 toms river nj store., then you will be able to see who the employees were. I just couldn't believe it ! This employee should not be working for you

Amber Thompson Show Low, AZ

Oooh! I love this beauty store! I always get excited when I walk in. I feel like everything is always very well stocked, it’s always clean, and things have a proper place.

Alexis Hirschi Idaho Falls, ID

Easy place to go to get a lot of quality products. Often times they are out of cleaning and disinfectant supplies, I'm assuming that is due to the pandemic. I'm a little sad they change to customers having to buy paper bags.

Sky Salt Lake City, UT

Sally’s is so helpful to me. I get all the beauty products I need. I’ve been able to find helpful hair products and other beauty things that really help me

Mason Allen Provo, UT

Sally has awesome products and awesome workers who know what they are talking about and can recommend things. They have a good rewards program and even though they can be expensive, I trust the products they sell.

Cindy H Gilbert, AZ

This is a great place to go. It's nice you can get quality products even if you don't have a cosmetology license. They have a pretty good selection of products.

Wendy Rowlette Morgan, UT

I like Sally's for my beauty supply needs. I really like the ion product line. The smoothing cream makes my hair so soft and protects it from heat. I ran out and my hair felt dried out and not soft at all. As soon as I started using it again my hair was back to feeling amazing.

Samantha Holland Denver, CO

I love going into Sally’s. The employees are always so kind and helpful. They have great recommendations and knowledge! I love the variety of products and can almost always find what I’m looking for!

Crystal Logan, UT

I use my local Sally's often. I have been a Sally's card member for years and appreciate the discounts that come with it. I have purchased multiple high quality products from Sally's.

Alyssa Hansel Tallahassee, FL

Sally Beauty supply is great! They have great products for curly hair, and they also provide me with affordable prices for the tools and products that I can use for my small nail business!

Mia Hernandez Tempe, AZ

this is one of my favorite places to shop beauty supplies they have so many choices to choose from however when it comes to make up i recommend going somewhere else like sephora only because when it comes to hair and hair products this place has you but as far as make up goes if your looking for verity this isnt the place for you

Lindsay Fritts San Diego, CA

If I am looking for hair supplies for a reasonable price, Sallys is my go to. No need to spend a ton of money at another store when I can get the same thing for less money at Sallys. A lot of professional hair people go to Sallys, so why wouldnt I go somewhere where professionals go?

Jean Pleimann Hollywood, FL

Get professional products at a reasonable price. Everything you need for your hair!

Toni Purdy Bullhead City, AZ

Small little shop knowledgeable employees always willing to help you find the right product for you or your client.

Sicely Lyn Russell Show Low, AZ

They have pretty good makeup and hair options. I like to but hair dye from there and it sticks pretty well to my hair.

Bella Houtz South Jordan, UT

One of my favorite places to shop for beauty and hair supplies. I never walk out without whatever I needed. Workers are helpful.

Connie Mayer South Jordan, UT

Sally's seems to keep their inventory stocked, and they have good prices and customer incentives. I like their punch card.

Tiffany American Fork, UT

Sally's is one of my favorite stores. This is where I go to buy any specialty beauty product. They have good customer service and great products.