Sally Beauty Supply Logo

Sally Beauty Supply

Is This Your Business?

7.5

Sally Beauty Supply is an international retailer and distributor of professional beauty supplies. They currently have more than 3,500 store locations in 11 countries, including the United States, the United Kingdom, Belgium, Canada, Chile, Puerto Rico, Mexico, France, Ireland, Spain and Germany. Sally Beauty Supply was founded in 1994 and is headquartered in Denton, TX.

ULTA Logo
#1 ULTA chevron_right
Thrive Causemetics Logo
#2 Thrive Causemetics chevron_right
2.7
Sephora Logo
#3 Sephora chevron_right

The Good

• Over 9,000 Products
  • Major Brands
  • Online and In-Store
Sally Beauty Supply offers over 9,000 beauty products for hair, skin and nails from some of the most trusted names in beauty. Some of the major brands that Sally Beauty Supply offers include Paul Mitchell, Sebastian, Clairol, Conair and Wella. Users can shop the following product categories on the website: hair, makeup, nails, skincare, spa & beauty, salon equipment and accessories. Both online and in-store customers can save money through Sally Beauty Supply's three clubs. Sally Beauty Supply Club members receive discounted member pricing on every non-sale item and receive 15% off rewards if they spend $25.00 per month. This membership costs $5 per year. Licensed beauty professionals or salon owners can sign up for the Pro Preferred Card and beauty school students can sign up for the Beauty Student Savings Card, both of which give eligible members access to exclusive discounts and email offers. There is a free newsletter available customers who prefer not to join the club or sign up for a discount card. The newsletter features beauty news and special promotional offers. Customers are only asked to supply their name and email address to start receiving the newsletters. In the header of the Sally Beauty Supply site, there is an 866-number that users can use Monday-Friday 8am-6pm CST to contact the customer service department. There is also a Customer Service link in the footer of the site which has FAQs, shopping help and general company information.

The Bad

• No Free Membership
  • Discount Requirements
  • No Mobile App
Sally Beauty Supply is the only makeup store we reviewed that doesn't offer a free membership to its loyalty program. In addition, customers can only take advantage of the 15% off rewards if they spend at least $25.00 in a month, whereas other makeup stores simply provide discounts after a specific number of points have been accumulated over time. Although Sally Beauty Supply offers a thorough selection of hair and nail products, the makeup selection is minimal compared to other makeup stores we reviewed. Sally Beauty Supply doesn't offer some of the most popular makeup brands like L'Oreal, Urban Decay, M.A.C. or CoverGirl. Customers who are seeking specific brands or a larger variety of makeup products to choose from may prefer a larger makeup retailer like ULTA or Sephora. Unlike many of their competitors, Sally Beauty Supply Supply does not have a mobile app. However, the website is optimized for mobile browsing, so the lack of an app may only be an issue for users who were hoping to use additional tools and features that apps like L'Oreal's offer.

The Bottom Line

For customers who regularly spend at least $25.00 per month on beauty products, the Sally Beauty Supply Club will save them money. However, the minimal selection of major makeup brands may make it difficult for customers who have something specific in mind to find what they're looking for.

Taylor Hall Los Angeles, CA

They have items that you can’t find anywhere else! They are always great quality and I’ve never had any issues. I always enjoy going there and even get excited to see and try new things! The customer service is always great and they always help you get what you need! They also except returns of a wide variety.

Whitney Wilkins West Valley City, UT

Sally has great customer service and is always willing to help you find whatever you need. They have a variety of both hair and makeup supplies. There makeup is very easy to look through and find what you want.

Jean Pleimann Hollywood, FL

Get professional products at a reasonable price. Everything you need for your hair!

Heather Milke Olney, MD

Love having a Sally Beauty Supply in my town for supplies when we need it. Service is great and they usually have what I need.

Amber Thompson Show Low, AZ

Oooh! I love this beauty store! I always get excited when I walk in. I feel like everything is always very well stocked, it’s always clean, and things have a proper place.

Emily H West Wendover, NV

Great place for finding nice hair, nail, and skin products at a reasonable price. Staff is helpful and knowledgable about the products. Especially if you enjoy coloring your own hair, they have great hair color lines with clear instructions to guide even those who are experimenting with color for the first time.

Nicole Johnson Portland, OR

A hub for many beauty needs. It's easy to stop in here and know you'll find what you need. I have found great deals on curling irons specifically. Lots of HotTools brand on sale. Nail polish and general makeup also seem to be a decent deal.

jaci finch Corpus Christi, TX

I used to go to Sally Beauty Supply a lot more when I was younger, but not as much anymore. They don't have the products I need on a normal basis, but if they have what you need I have never had a problem and the customer service is great.

Toni Purdy Bullhead City, AZ

Small little shop knowledgeable employees always willing to help you find the right product for you or your client.

Sicely Lyn Russell Show Low, AZ

They have pretty good makeup and hair options. I like to but hair dye from there and it sticks pretty well to my hair.

Shaki Tallahassee, FL

I buy from Sally’s all the time. They have the best sales on hair products. All my products come in fast when I buy them online

Lex Midway, UT

Great store, very good products just make sure to check reviews, the staff was very polite and helpful when I needed them!

Alexis Hirschi Idaho Falls, ID

Easy place to go to get a lot of quality products. Often times they are out of cleaning and disinfectant supplies, I'm assuming that is due to the pandemic. I'm a little sad they change to customers having to buy paper bags.

Sky Salt Lake City, UT

Sally’s is so helpful to me. I get all the beauty products I need. I’ve been able to find helpful hair products and other beauty things that really help me

Mason Allen Provo, UT

Sally has awesome products and awesome workers who know what they are talking about and can recommend things. They have a good rewards program and even though they can be expensive, I trust the products they sell.

Cindy H Gilbert, AZ

This is a great place to go. It's nice you can get quality products even if you don't have a cosmetology license. They have a pretty good selection of products.

Wendy Rowlette Morgan, UT

I like Sally's for my beauty supply needs. I really like the ion product line. The smoothing cream makes my hair so soft and protects it from heat. I ran out and my hair felt dried out and not soft at all. As soon as I started using it again my hair was back to feeling amazing.

Samantha Holland Denver, CO

I love going into Sally’s. The employees are always so kind and helpful. They have great recommendations and knowledge! I love the variety of products and can almost always find what I’m looking for!

Crystal Logan, UT

I use my local Sally's often. I have been a Sally's card member for years and appreciate the discounts that come with it. I have purchased multiple high quality products from Sally's.

Tiffany Vollmer Midvale, UT

I love Sally Beauty. It has been difficult to find the things I need lately due to the pandemic. I ordered some essentials online and wasn't too impressed with that process. It took way longer than stated, my order arrived in 4 different shipments, and i was missing items. When I contacted customer service there were great to work with abs quickly got the rest of my order sent out. I still feel this is a fantastic company and will remain a loyal customer.

Kate Lillywhite American Fork, UT

Keep yourself and your family looking good at Sally Beauty Supply! Wonderful products and a knowledgeable sales staff. I've loved everything I've bought here from hair products, to make-up, to hair dryers and always been satisfied however they have an amazing return policy if you're ever dissatisfied.

Amber Thompson Show Low, AZ

I love this store!! It’s always clean and the customer service is great! I alwas find what I’m looking for.

Karridy Logan, UT

I got my do it yourself ear piercing kit at Sally’s and it worked great. No infections and easy to use

Valerie Beus Richland, WA

I like to buy things here when they are on sale, or when I want something of better quality than grocery store makeup/products. Staff is always friendly and helpful.

Bessie B Mesa, AZ

I like going to Sally’s beauty supply because you can always find associates willing to help you. They have a wide selection and the store is clean and pleasant.

Jennifer Ashby Lehi, UT

Sally Beauty Supply has a great variety of professional beauty products. When I have bought something there I know it will be great quality.

Summer Meadors Fayetteville, AR

Sally Beauty Supply has some of the best prices for beauty products that I use every day. Everything I need is always in stock and the workers are always happy to help.

Alyssa Hansel Tallahassee, FL

Sally Beauty supply is great! They have great products for curly hair, and they also provide me with affordable prices for the tools and products that I can use for my small nail business!

Harry Newport, NC

"I wrote a review on a purchase from Sally's. I just got an email that my review was read but the chose not to put it on their web site. Their words from the email I received: Our staff has read your review and values your contribution even though it did not meet all our website guidelines. Thanks for sharing, and we hope to publish next time! Guess only the positive stuff makes the cut. Here is what I had posted on their Coconut Co-wash. Buyer beware Bought this about a month ago. 1) When I bought the product it was buy 2 get 1 free, I put 2 in the cart and checked out. During checkout I had a coupon for free shipping which I applied. When I got my order I only had 2, when I I contacted Customer Service I was told, oh you used a coupon and that voided the get one free, it said the at the bottom,of the page when you applied it. Sorry. So I saved 3.00 and lost 8.00 in product, thanks so much. Be aware when you apply coupons, as you will not see if you are losing out on a deal, and Customer Service was no help, so your stuck. 2) The reason this took so long to review is the link from Customer Service was a bad link and it took this long to finally get them to fully explain how to get my review out there for everyone. On the plus side it shipped and arrived on time, Yea?"

Tammy West Valley City, UT

Sally Beauty ha a large selection of products. The employees are knowledgeable and helpful.

Karli American Fork, UT

I’ve bought several makeup products at Sally Beauty and I’ve always been pleased with both their quality and price.

Jessica Stottern Logan, UT

The people are friendly and knowledgeable about the products in the store. If you have a question they are right there to help you with whatever you need.

Lottielyn Schwenke Orlando, FL

I love Sallys! It's the place to find everything you need and more. As a girl with textured hair I appreciate the diversity in hair products and styling tools.

Tiauna Anderson Salt Lake City, UT

I buy my hair dye and accessories at Sally Beauty Supply and am always happy with the quality there. I recently bought a new straightener from my local Sally Beauty Supply and am very happy with it!

AF ,

I've purchased a few beauty tools from Sally's and have been happy with them. I'm a little intimidated inside the store with some of the products, but that's more me than the actual store.

Stephanie Byrd Tallahassee, FL

Sally Beauty Supply is the ultimate beauty stop for people of all walks of life. Sally provides thousands of beauty products. I won't lie, these products are pricey but the quality is worth it all.

McKinzie Figueroa Provo, UT

Sally's seems to have pretty much anything that you would need for your hair or nails. They have more colors of nail polish that I thought was possible. Everyone who works there seems to be very knowledgeable about the products that they have in the store. It can be kind of pricey, you will probably be able to find everything that they have online for a cheaper price.

Emerald Scott West Jordan, UT

Sally's has great hair products for good deals. I've never had an issue with anything I've gotten here. The sales staff is not the best from my experience, but they can tell you where anything in the store is, which is better than some.

Danielle Syracuse, UT

I love that i can go into Sally Beauty Supply and but Salon quality items without needing a cosmetology licence. I've loved their variety of products and the prices are very reasonable.

Pete Centerville, UT

I've been to Sally's a couple of times for hair products. They have such a wide variety of products that it's hard to know exactly what you want, but the workers there are usually really helpful and with help you find the product you need and want.

Karen Nelson Alpine, UT

I have been to many of these stores in many states. They always employ very friendly people to work there. Also, each person seems to know exactly what you need when you come in with a problem. They are very knowledgable and very helpful. I also like being able to get Salon grade products.

Kali D. Tallahassee, FL

Sally is a good store but some of the employees at certain locations don’t look happy to be at work.

applebutteranna Butler West Wendover, NV

They have a lot of products that I can use, knowing that they are high quality and salon quality.

Rachel Butler Provo, UT

Expensive and designed for professionals. Not designed to be accessible to a browsing consumer and not super likely to have what you are looking for

Cristine Gonzales Tallahassee, FL

Sally beauty be coming in clutch but yall close wayy too early. I be needing products before i go out that night and yall be closed

Michelle Lyle Logan, UT

I really like Sally Beauty Supply! The place always has what I need and is very organized and clean. The workers are always helpful as well.

Leisha Logan, UT

We’ve gone to Sally Beauty Supplies for years! They have great products at a great price. Their staff is also very knowledgeable.

Angelina Hamilton Gulfport, MS

This company has always been able to provide budget friendly makeup and hair products to me and my family, I can go there to find a nice variety of products.

mallory p. Jackson, MS

they usually have limited stock of most things and it’s pretty expensive. every time i’ve been there, they’ve kinda just distanced themselves away from the customers. but the products i have gotten were very useful.

Wendy Park City, UT

The gel nail lamp I bought from Sally Beauty Supply was exactly what I was looking for. It was inexpensive and easy to use.