Paula's Choice is a skincare and makeup line that is clinically proven to be non-irritating for skin and is not tested on animals. Paula's Choice products focus on making skin look younger, reducing wrinkles, lessening or eliminating acne and soothing sensitive skin. All products found on the site have a 100% guarantee.
Paula Begoun, the founder of Paula's Choice, is also the author of 20 best-selling books on skincare, makeup and hair.

#1 ULTA chevron_right
#2 Thrive Causemetics chevron_right
2.7
#3 Sephora chevron_right

The Good

• Broad Spectrum of Products
  • Satisfaction Guaranteed

The Paula's Choice makeup line includes: foundation, bronzer, powder, concealer, lip gloss, lipstick, lip liner, eye shadow, mascara and a variety of brushes.

The Paula's Choice skincare product line includes: AHA & BHA exfoliants, antioxidant serums, body care, cleansers, eye treatments, hair care, lip & smile care, masks, men's, moisturizers, oil control, retinol treatments, self tanning, skincare collections, skin lighteners, sun protection, targeted treatments and toners. Customers can also search skincare products based on the following skin concerns: acne breakouts, anti-aging, blackheads, brown spots, combination skin, dry/very dry skin, eczema, enlarged pores, extra sensitive skin, keratosis pilaris, oily skin, redness, rosacea and wrinkles.

Customers can subscribe to the Paula's Choice email list to receive special offers, as well as get 10% off a purchase and free shipping on their first order after signing up.

Paula's Choice does not have a mobile app, but their website is mobile optimized.

Paula's Choice has a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all products. If a customer isn't satisfied with a purchase for any reason, Paula's Choice will provide a full refund or credit for merchandise returned within 60 days of their purchase date. If the product is returned after the 60-day period, customers will be issued an in-house credit.

Paula's Choice features an 800-number in the footer of the site for contacting customer service. The phone lines are open Monday-Friday 6am-6pm PT and Saturday-Sunday 8am-4:30pm PT.

The Bad

• Limited Makeup Line
  • No Tips or Advice
  • No Loyalty Programs

While Paula's Choice offers a wide selection of skincare products, the makeup line is very limited. For most items, such as mascara, customers are only given one kind to choose from. Customers who like to browse a large variety of options may be disappointed at having so few makeup products to choose from.

While there are tips and expert advice on the Paula's Choice website, the information is short and basic. The site doesn't feature forums or blogs that let community members get involved in the conversation. Customers who are looking for detailed advice or tips may not find enough information on Paula's Choice to satisfy them.

Paula's Choice does not offer any loyalty programs for customers to take advantage of rewards points or receive free samples. However, customers who sign up for the promotional email list will be able to redeem coupons and offers that are included in the emails.

The Bottom Line

Paula's Choice is the only makeup store we reviewed that guarantees the products won't irritate skin and aren't tested on animals. While the tips and advice are limited, the 100% satisfaction guarantee lowers the risk for customers.

3.2

Jamie Neider

February 5th, 2020 Kaysville, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I use Paula's Choice toner. It's has 8% glycolic acid and it's amazing. It's improved my skin more than anything else.

Linda Jensen

October 31st, 2017 Newberg, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have used Paula's Choice on and off. They are great products at an affordable price. I have had people tell me that my skin looks great and healthy when I use the product. The only reason why I don't use it all the time is because I love to try new products. But usually go back to Paula's.

Lindsay H.

June 10th, 2017 Draper, UT

Paula's Choice skin care products are relatively expensive and were very harsh on my fair skin. There are better skin care products out there IMO.

Denise H.

May 29th, 2017 Mona, UT

I have used Paulas Choice products for many years. I love many items in their skin care line, but have not been impressed with their make-up, especially the color selection. Their facial cleansers are great!

Debi

April 13th, 2017 Magnolia, TX

I love the skin care line. It is reasonably priced and quality is great. I have used it (Resist) for many years and have not had a problem. I do sometimes get confused by the number of products for similar results, but there are samples and great freebies.

Dawn

February 5th, 2016 Helena, AL

I purchased the entire line of resist and my face broke out (first time in over 30 years). Via e-mail, I was told it was probably because this line was too thick for my skin and was clogging the pores. I returned (at my expense) 3 of the 6 items I had ordered--tracking shows it was accepted 5 days ago; however, the Returns Department is so backed up, they cannot even acknowledge receipt. Do they really have this many returns?? I was going to go with another line, but I am rethinking their "guarantee".