NYX is a makeup brand that is both fashionable and affordable. Founded in Los Angeles in 1999 by Toni Ko, NYX has now grown into an internationally known brand. “Goddess of the Night” is the motto of NYX, promoting confidence and class while also adding a fun twist to their products.

#1 ULTA chevron_right
#2 Thrive Causemetics chevron_right
2.7
#3 Sephora chevron_right

The Good

• Loyalty Program
  • Free Shipping on Orders Over $25
  • 100 Percent Money Back Guarantee

There are a lot of benefits for the customers that sign up for emails from NYX. They receive the latest news on upcoming events and sales for makeup and others products. Customers will get special offers and discounts when they are members. Checkout is a lot quicker when you sign up because NYX will save your information as well as a record of you previous orders. The best part of signing up is that it is free to do so.

NYX offers every customer free shipping on orders of $25 or more. When customers order online, they can also track their purchase while it is in transit to be delivered and anticipate its arrival.

There is a 100% money back guarantee when customers aren't satisfied with their purchase. Customers simply need to call the number listed on their website to speak with a representative and return the product. Customers have 60 days after purchase to decide whether they are satisfied or not. They may also exchange the product if they are unsatisfied with the product they purchased, but are interested in trying another.

The Bad

• Free Shipping May Take Up to Two Weeks to Arrive
  • No Tutorials
  • No Rewards Programs

While the free shipping on orders over $25 is a nice feature, if customers are hoping to receive their purchase sooner than 1 to 2 weeks, they will have pay for quicker shipping. If the item they ordered is a sale item, it may take even longer due to high volume in orders.

NYX does not offer any sort of tutorials or help on how to use and apply their products. Tutorials would be very helpful to those customers who are unsure of how to get the look they want or apply a product that they are unfamiliar with.

Customers can sign up to receive special offers and sales through their email. But there is no way for customers to build up points for spending money online. While they may be the first to know about a sale or new products, it would be nice if they could be rewarded for being a return customer.

The Bottom Line

NYX offers a wide variety in products and are very affordable. NYX gives customers free shipping on $25 or more. They also have 100% money back guarantee when customers are unsatisfied with their purchase and would like to return or exchange it.

3.3

Jamie Neider

February 5th, 2020 Kaysville, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Best eyebrow pencil. Only problem is trying to track down my color, which it's often sold out of.

reviewer of makeup

April 8th, 2019 Beverly Hills, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

No customer service. No returns unless unopened.

Dee Farquharson

December 6th, 2018 Washington, DC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Nice products for low prices. I do love their collections and engraving options. I use them mostly for lippies.

Sarah

December 2nd, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The quality of makeup is great! It applies easily and will last forever, keeping you looking like your makeup is freshly done at all times!

H Moore

June 10th, 2018 Lehi, UT

NYX Cosmetics has a great product line of make up. We love their lipsticks because they don't bleed.

L. Fowler

May 31st, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like the price of their products and the quality is really good.

Madi Thompson

April 15th, 2018 Ogden, UT

NYX is actually a sister company of MAC so they tend to have some high quality products than other drugstore brands. They're totally affordable but the quality of some products can be hit or miss. I'd recommend to give them a try if you're on a low budget.

Emma Lomuto

December 26th, 2017 Patchogue, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I ordered 3 loose pigments and an eyeshadow palette in Dec. 22, 2017. I received a confirmation email within minutes. Then the next day, I had a tracking number and an estimated delivery date of the 28th of December, with UPS. Today is 12/16/17, I received my products, well packed. I also emailed their customer service to ask where the items were shipping from, because I could not find it anywhere. I received a response the next morning. I was very worried after reading nothing but bad reviews, so I wanted to leave this review because I did not have any issues at all ordering from the NYX website. The only thing is the website did not update any tracking or shipping info at all, it still says processing. So I would just continue to check with the delivery company about the purchase.

Lindsey

December 9th, 2017 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

NYX is very cheap, and some of their products are good quality, but some run out quickly and aren't as quality as others. This is a great option if you're poor but want pretty good makeup products.

Misty

June 27th, 2017

I've placed 4 separate orders in the last 1-1/2 weeks. Got order confirmation email immediately for each and every single order was shipped out within 24 hours and received within 48 hours of online order. Orders were correct and I loved ALL of the varied products I received. They went the extra mile with great packaging, too. Great company with great products!! Would highly recommend and I have done so. Will totally be back for more as my needs arise.

Mehrdad

June 15th, 2017

The worst customer service that I have ever seen! Do not trust them at all. The quality is so cheap, Even the promo codes they send with the online orders, doesnt work at the check out!

Jessica

January 27th, 2017

I wanted to try the new total coverage foundation. The color didn't match my skin time so obviously I would like to return it. I live in NC and the closest NYX store is in Ny. I've tried to get in touch with the company via email and calling. I've called 5x each time staying on the line "waiting for the next one that can help me" over an hour!!!!! I've sent 4 emails and I've heard nothing! I like the products since I have super sensitive skin and they don't cause a reaction but the customer service is so horrible. I don't think I'll be purchasing from them ever again.

Lisa DiGiorgio

September 18th, 2016 Tuckerton, NJ

Will I ever get my order??? Do not purchase from the website! Oven been waiting over a week for shipping confirmation. When I do ever get a live person all they say is it will ship soon. Pathetic customer service and so frustrating! Calling PayPal in the morning to see what can be done. Step up your game NYX!

Bellie Santiago

September 11th, 2016 New Bedford, MA

I really love their products and this is why leaving this review really sucks but their customer service really sucks. The number and email they advertise online is never answered. The delivery is extremely delayed and they don't send you a confirmation email. It just seems like the could care less about their customers and more about getting our money. Will never purchase on their website again. Horrible customer service. Hopefully they are working on improving this aspect of their business.