e.l.f. Logo

7.2

e.l.f. Cosmetics (which stands for "eyes lips face") is an international makeup brand based in New York City. Makeup products range from $2 to $50 with an average price of around $10. e.l.f. carries eyeliner, lipstick, lip gloss, blush palettes, bronzers, makeup brushes, mascara, skin-care products, and more.
Joseph Shamah and Scott Vincent Borba founded e.l.f. in 2004. Products are now sold in 17 countries.
For e.l.f. cosmetics reviews from verified customers, scroll to the bottom of this page.

ULTA Logo
#1 ULTA chevron_right
Thrive Causemetics Logo
#2 Thrive Causemetics chevron_right
2.7
Sephora Logo
#3 Sephora chevron_right

The Good

• Large Selection of Makeup Products
  • Affordable Prices
  • 100% Vegan and Cruelty-Free
  • Free Shipping on Orders Over $25
  • Beauty Squad Rewards Program

Large Selection of Makeup Products

e.l.f. offers a large selection of products including mineral infused face primer, eyelash kits, blush and bronzer, skincare, and lip products to choose from. A mobile app is available in the Apple Store and Google Play Store. It gives customers the ability to quickly lookup their favorite products with ease.

Affordable Prices

e.l.f. has some of the lowest prices among professional makeup stores. Many products start as low as $3.00 including false eyelash kits, eyeliner, concealer, eye shadow, primer, and mascara. Customers can find everything they will need for their makeup routine.

100% Vegan and Cruelty-Free

As a huge bonus, e.l.f. makeup is 100 percent vegan and cruelty-free promise. This means that all ingredients are completely vegan with no animal testing.

Free Shipping On Orders $25

Customers can get free shipping on all orders over $25.00. For all orders that are less than $25.00 or don't have a promotional code, the standard shipping rate is $4.95. e.l.f. also offers a 15 percent student discount when you sign up for its e.l.f. Cosmetics Beauty Squad rewards program and verify your student status through StudentBeans. Each student will receive a promo code that can be used at any time for up to a year.

Beauty Squad Rewards Program

With every purchase made through elfcosmetics.com customers can receive points that are redeemable for free gifts and exclusive perks. The program is free to join with three levels that you can advance to with every purchase. Each tier has its own set of rewards based on the number of points you accumulated.

The Bad

• No Returns
  • Reward Points Expire

No Returns

While e.l.f. will replace any item that may have been damaged during the shipping process, returns or exchanges are not available due to the low-cost nature of the products. e.l.f. is the only makeup store we reviewed that doesn't allow returns. Customers who are unsure whether they will like the products may prefer to opt for shopping with a makeup store that offer returns, like Sally Beauty Supply or Ulta.

Reward Points Expire

It is fairly easy to accumulate points within the Beauty Squad Rewards Program, but your points do come with some exceptions. If you have not been active on your account for 12 months, meaning you have not made a purchase or used your points towards a free gift within a year, your points will expire. This also means that if you have advanced to a higher tier of reward points you will also be dropped back down to the first tier.

The Bottom Line

With such a vast collection of makeup products at such a low price, this is a low-risk cosmetic company to shop with. Between the rewards program and low prices, this is definitely a makeup store you should consider. It is unfortunate that products are non-refundable and if this is a concern for you, we recommend looking into some of the other makeup stores we have listed on our site.

Whitney Wilkins West Valley City, UT

e.l.f. has great quality of makeup for a cheap price. It's so easy to find in lots of stores and also has a wide variety of products. I use their makeup for dance competition makeup and also everyday. I love their eye shadow and liquid eyeliner.

Cindy Simpson West Valley City, UT

Before I discovered e.l.f., I was paying much more than I wanted to for certain eye makeup products. I LOVE the e.l.f. Waterproof Eyeliner Pen. It stays on all day, and comes in dark brown instead of just black. I also use and love the Instant Lift Brow Pencil, the Eyebrow Wax Shaper, the Eyelid Primer, and the individual eye makeup brushes. Compared to other brands, the e.l.f. products are a great value for the price, and they last a while too!

Holly Magnusson ,

Sure you can spend spend more money on other make up products, but why spend more when you don't have too. I love how elf is cheap but when applied on it doesnt look cheap, and stays on well. I've used the nail polish alot and for me it has stayed on no chips looking flawless for at least a week, and that while playing sports.

Amanda Fairbanks Payson, UT

I love ELF makeup for myself! The cost is so great! It’s also been a great choice for my teens as they have been experiencing with makeup! I love that it is easy to find

Tracy McMillan Orem, UT

I love E.L.F makeup because it is affordable and user friendly and still looks great! For someone who doesn’t wear a lot of makeup, theirs is perfect for me!

Aleena Hafiz ,

I was wary of a makeup company with such low prices, but ELF is the bomb dot comb. Their skin care? Phenomenal. Their brushes? Better than Morphe. Their products? Long lasting and amazing.

Carol-Lisa Hapner Bloomington, IN

My favorite. This is affordable. Clean. Trendy make up and brushes i use daily

Jungle55 Coeur d'Alene, ID

I recently purchased the Wow! Brow Gel. I love it! I was a little skeptical since it was so inexpensive, but no need to have been! The product was so easy to use, lasted all evening ( I gave 4 stars as it does not seem to last all day, I need to reapply in the later afternoon, but maybe I am just a sweaty person. ) My brows are a tad thin and this makes it so easy to fill in!

Sharmae Gilgen American Fork, UT

My favorite products include lip gloss, tweezers and cuticle oil. I don't like their eye shadow or eye brow kit. Great prices make it ok to try their products.

Brooklyn Bishop Smithfield, UT

E.l.f. has such a good makeup brand. It is very high quality and the pricing is very reasonable. Everything lasts me a long time and I love it! Would totally recommend.

Liza Wilson ,

I love e.l.f. Products because they are affordable but work great and can last a long time if you take good care of them. I mainly buy makeup brushes from them!

Emily H West Wendover, NV

Makeup products were my go-to in high school, but their quality matches their price. It's a quick cheap option, but definitely doesn't hold up as well as other brands I've used. Having pretty sensitive skin, I found some of the products caused irritation. This could be a good brand if you are just letting your little girl play dress-up, but if you're looking for all day long -lasting makeup, I wouldn't use this brand.

Phabie Mobile, AL

Elf is beginner-budget friendly for those of you that want to practice doing makeup. The prices are affordable and the quality is amazing. The elf primer and eyeliner are my go-to!

Sarah Fayetteville, AR

ELF cosmetics are such good quality for a great price! Their recent focus on vegan and cruelty free products drew me to try out their different lines. Definitely did not regret! Their eyeshadows are super pigmented and easy to apply.

Brittany Wilkinson Herriman, UT

I have tried a few e.l.f. products such as the eye shadow and mascara. The price range was very affordable and I liked the color choices. Recently I purchased a set of brushes and I have really liked those too. Good value and price.

Sara Jane Crestwood, KY

The first time I purchased from E.L.F. was at a going out of business sale. I was surprised to see they came through that and the company survived and you can now get the products at Target. Or perhaps it was just a gimmick. Regardless, it worked. I tried it, and the products are great. I am a big fan of the lip gloss especially. And you can not beat those prices!

Anya Lee Tallahassee, FL

e.l.f. has a great selection of makeup tools such as brushes and beauty blenders. I also really like their makeup setting mist.

Mary Johnson Flower Mound, TX

I love e.l.f. because they are affordable and good quality. When I need cosmetics, I always check to see if e.l.f. has what I need first.

Brooke Moser Brentwood, CA

I love elf products they are inexpensive but work just as good as some of the name brands. I always go straight to the whole section at any store.

Abby Ashby Provo, UT

Okay so elf is interesting. I had a bunch of elf products when I was younger. I feel like it’s like kid makeup but it’s starting to get priceyyyy to which I’m saying “excuse me?!?”

Mackenize Jorgensen Los Angeles, CA

I use E.L.F to do my makeup and my sisters makeup. It is super easy and good for a beginner who is just trying to learn how to do makeup. It has so many fun colors that you can play around with and come up with so many different styles and designs.

Mackenize Jorgensen Salt Lake City, UT

I use E.L.F makeup to do my sisters makeup. I love how easy it is to use when you are just learning. They also have a wide variety of colors and it so fun to play around and see what I can do.

Patrick Curry Salt Lake City, UT

Love their makeup and their prices. Always pleased with their products and never fails to please. I have used other makeup and they always seem to not last or don't look and good but these are always the best

Ashley Ulibarri Sandy, UT

Elf cosmetics like seriously! Is there better makeup at this price point? I think not. I know when I buy Elf that I’m getting something I’m going to love. It’s definitely a brand I trust.

Kenzie Comstock Woods Cross, UT

Don't let the low price of e.l.f. products fool you. They have some amazing products that I love! My new favorite is their Holy Hydration Face Cream. I have combination skin and this has worked perfect! I also like the smell of it! I've also used their eyeshadows and eyeliner and really like those as well!

Saskia Mayette Tallahassee, FL

I love Elf because it’s super affordable and easy to find at a variety of drugstores!

Amber Thompson Show Low, AZ

I love this product. It’s a good price and lasts forever. I am always finding new things to try.

Emma Fairbanks Payson, UT

I use elf foundation and it is the best, full coverage and blends beautifully! Definitely would recommend

Lex Midway, UT

Pretty good quality makeup, there staff is helpful when needed and just a good store over alll

Syd13 Washington, UT

Their products are great quality for the price! Their products are simple and easy to use! They are great for beginners

Jada Urquhart Orlando, FL

I labsolutley love e.l.f's products. They are affordable and worth their prices.

Christi Gilbert Gettysburg, PA

I love the great deals on their web site and the price of all their products can’t be beat.

Karridy Logan, UT

Used to be a little cheaper but the quality has also gone up a lot so that’s always nice

Sandra Kave ,

I have so much respect for this company since they are creating professional cosmetic products placing them with available budget pricing.

Alexa Cooper Salt Lake City, UT

Good stuff. I prefer Artistry over any other makeup brand now, but their primer was nice and my sister loves their stuff!

Emma Simpson West Valley City, UT

I was having a hard time finding good eyeliner that would stick to my eyelid, and when I tried e.l.f.’s it worked! So, I really like the eyeliner.

Mary Alice M. Orem, UT

I purchased concealer from e.l.f and it lasted me for years. It does the job and overall is a good quality product.

jaci finch Corpus Christi, TX

e.l.f is okay quality makeup. I have a makeup brush from them I really like, but other than that they are definitely not my go-to because of how their products affect my skin and acne.

Ashley Phoenix, AZ

So inexpensive but perfect for me because I hate buying expensive makeup. Fantastic for people with low budgets and low expectations!

Brooklyn Davison West Jordan, UT

I love knowing that there is a super affordable beauty brand that also works. I have been using e.l.f. brow products for years and have yet to be disappointed!

Lkirton Park City, UT

e.l.f. has the greatest products! Cheap prices, but not cheap quality! I have bought brushes from them that have lasted just as long as my more pricey brushes.

Kate Lillywhite American Fork, UT

Quality products at affordable prices! Such amazing pieces to bring out your inner beauty. There are lots of fun ways to change up your look without breaking the bank!

Tiauna Anderson Salt Lake City, UT

e.l.f. is my favorite makeup brand to use. It's affordable and still is great quality. I have been using their eyeliner and shadow for years and recently added more makeup brushes to my makeup catalog. They have been great!

Alyssa Boren American Fork, UT

I LOVE ELF! It's cheap and affordable, but it's still amazing quality, almost over half of my make up products are from elf. They have so many make up products that work really well and last a long time.

Rachel Butler Provo, UT

Not awesome quality, but fair for price. I sometimes wonder if it’s worth the money or if I should spend a little extra for a higher quality.

Amy McCarlie Orem, UT

I love how affordable the elf producs are, but I have bought a lot of their makeup and brushes. You can tell its cheaper and does not work like my expensive makeup. I would not recommend this to friends.

Ashley Blosil Kennewick, WA

I used to only use mac makeup but after having a family i need quick, easy, and affordable. This has it all for me.

Jordyn Kerner Fayetteville, AR

Such quality products for the low price! Elf has a variety of selections that are all super affordable and can easily be bought at most drug stores.

Susanna Collins Long Beach, MS

Elf has amazing makeup at the best prices. I just started using their eyeliner and it's amazing! their camo concealer is great as well!

Morgan whiting Los Angeles, CA

I am a mom of three girls. I absolutely love e.l.f. Their product is awesome and affordable. I love their lip glosses most!