Fiverr

Fiverr is a global online marketplace offering tasks and services, beginning at a cost of $5 per job performed, from which it gets its name. The site is primarily used by freelancers who use Fiverr to offer services to customers worldwide. Fiverr facilitates the buying and selling of "Gigs" or micro-jobs online. ‘Gigs’ can be professional services such as website design, logo creation and market research but can also include things like personal greetings, sketching works, personalized gifts and whatnot. Basically, Fiverr enables so-called registered ‘micro-entrepreneurs’ in more than 200 countries use to the website to monetize their skills, talents and resources for as little as $5 per ‘Gig’, though they may offer additional upgrades to their service or sell it in multiples (based on their ‘level’) to bring in more cash as well. The company currently employs more than 40 people across Israel, the US and other parts of Europe, and plans to use the proceeds of the financing round to double its team by the end of 2012.

#1 LogoMyWay Logo LogoMyWay ›

9.8

Overall
Score

#2 DesignCrowd Logo DesignCrowd ›

9.3

Overall
Score

#3 The Logo Boutique Logo The Logo Boutique ›

6.7

Overall
Score

#10 Fiverr Logo Fiverr

Overall
Score

The Good

• Multiple designers
  • Search
  • Reviews
  • No signup fee

Fiverr gives companies looking for help in all areas of design the ability to access multiple designers who have experience in graphics and design, online marketing, writing and translation, video and animation, music and audio, programming and tech, advertising and more. Access to these designers starts at $5 and continues up as additional services are added from each individual designer a company employs.

Customers have the option to search for specific designers based on their needs. They can find sellers by language spoken, the designer use level (the level is based on how much they do for their customers through the website, those who find work with more clients increase to higher levels), what kinds of packages each designer offers, their design style, their personal delivery time or logo type they specialize in.

Each Gig designer offers a short review of what kind of service they offer so it is easy to browse many designers at once as a customer finds a designer who can do exactly what they need. Once a customer narrows down their selection they can read each individual designers bio and bid information on their personal page.

Fiverr is free to search. There is no charge or signup fee to access the designer pages and all additional prices are listed clearly on each designer page so customers can see how much they will be charged by each designer they are interested in.

The Bad

• Ratings
  • Anyone can set up an account
  • Designer limitations

Fiverr does not control their sellers' ratings so if a customer is searching for a designer they may find that not all reviews and ratings are completely unbiased.

Anyone can set up a Fiverr account meaning not all work is guaranteed to be professional grade. Customers are working with freelance designers of all skill levels and need to do extensive research on who their choosing to work with before entering a designer contract. Once hired customers work directly with the designer and not through Fiverr. Previous customer complaints consist of lack of site support service when there are issues with work completion.

Each designer sets their own job requirements in terms of turnaround time and feature options, like how many free revisions are offered, making it harder for customers to find consistent information. Not all designers are based locally; it is an international company, so there can be a communication gap between customer and client. Many customer reviews stated that this was a problem when working with designers.

The Bottom Line

As an online directory that matches clients with designers, Fiverr provides customers with a vast selection to choose from. They put a lot of control into the hands of the customer and give them access to multiple designers, which is an option that companies that hire their own in-house designers can't offer. However, this vast directory is not regulated and anyone can offer services claiming they are a professional. Without a structured way to control designers experience many previous customers claim that their satisfaction with Fiverr has been hit and miss. They do not have a strong review base on other sites and it seems as though customers consistently fair better with other design-you-own or hired designer sites. That being said, those who have found success with Fiverr have been very happy and the base price for each Gig creates a situation where customers can sign up with designers with very little risk. For smaller jobs, or if a customer is willing to really take the time to research the specific designer they are looking to hire, Fiverr would be a great option. For full service designs and major business identification needs a customer may want to go with a company who has more guaranteed design experience.

1.2

Aaron Sorrell

July 12th, 2017

I recently got in the market for a logo. After shopping around i decided to go on fiverr and find a reputable designer that I could contract. I took a few days and weeded out all the obviously bad ones quickly. I interviewed 3 designers and picked one based on previous reviews, level of understanding of my request and response time. I laid out what logos i needed and for what, social media, business cards, etc. The designer made it clear that she understood what I was requesting and that she could size them appropriately and deliver it in 3 days. I waited 3 days and upon waking up I noticed my order had been submitted by the designer. There were 3 image files. Upon opening them i realized they were all identical with my company names font being the only changes. I made very clear requests as to the type of designs and what I wanted in the background and all this was ignored. After expressing my displeasure she assured me that a new design would be delivered in a couple hours. The next day I asked for an update, same response, 'just a few more hours.' The next day I asked again. After about 8 hours I got a response saying she had been in an accident and never even started the designs. Someone had just turned in crap and tried to pass it off. It took me several more hours to re-explain what I wanted in my logos. I definitely didn't get what I wanted and got everything I was trying to avoid. To make matters worse fiverr customer support is a joke. I contacted them multiple times explaining my displeasure and that I just wanted to shop for a new designer. No-one actually helped they just said you can cancel an order at the top right of the order page, except that's not available on the app. Just avoid at all costs.

Amanda Albright

September 30th, 2016 Belleville, NJ

Fiverr is the best. For my company, we outsource a lot of content to be written by professionals and this is one of the best places to do it. It's real people who live in the US and aren't working some scam outside of the country. I've never had a problem with them and the work they've done and I would recommend them for any work that you need done.

Doris DeRamus

June 10th, 2016 El Paso, TX

Nothing on this site costs $5.00 because there is a .50 cent fee added on before you even start. I could not get my designer to commit to designing any part of my gig for $5.00. I believe it is a scam in which there are add on fees. This was such a waste of time and energy. I would not recommend this site...EVER!

Tanya

March 24th, 2016

Really bad service, rude and no end result. I paid $110 and no one wanted to help me with my concerns.