DesignCrowd

9.3

DesignCrowd is an online marketplace that provides print and graphic design services, website work, logo designs and more. They provide access to just under 180,000 freelance designers worldwide, so that clients can find the very best talent for their project and choose from numerous contributions in a variety of styles. The average project results in over fifty designs to choose from as freelance designers are free to choose which project proposals they’d like to take on.

The Good

• Designers
  • Company Size
  • Additional Services

Designers

The company offers a large array of design skills. There are over a hundred thousand designers who are eager to provide results for clients looking for something that suits their budgetary needs as well as their design demands. Having a worldwide marketplace of designers makes it possible to select from more than just a handful of in-house designers with limited vision or only the experiences of a specific small company. DesignCrowd provides a money back guarantee and is available to be contacted directly should any client have problems communicating with their chosen designer.

Company Size

DesignCrowd was established in 2009. Over the past 8 years that they have been around, they have become one of the largest logo design companies in the world. They employ over 251 employees and have helped prestigious customers from all around the world.

Additional Services

DesignCrowd offers various different products in addition to logo designs. Some of their products include:

• Logo Design
  • Photoshop Design
  • Postcard Design

The Bad

Outside Designers

It can be a little overwhelming to have so many designers to choose from and to try to narrow it down based on prices, presentation and time constraints. With so many designers as part of the group, DesignCrowd is not able to personally interview each of them and make sure that they are professional and courteous in all of their dealings with potential clients throughout the process. Additionally, their prices aren't set and they do not disclose how many concepts you'll be getting. Each experience and price vary greatly between clients and designers.

The Bottom Line

All in all, this is a company that has been in business for a decent amount of time and has provided service to thousands and thousands of clients all over the world. Though DesignCrowd may not be heavily involved in the process of each individual project, they are on hand to call or email with any complaints, concerns or questions along the way to ensure that everything goes smoothly. Having so many designers at hand to work on a project makes it hard to not end up with ideal results so long as communications are kept and expectations are clear. DesignCrowd is also a great source for any kind of graphic design work or advertising designs that any small business or large business could need including t-shirt designs, brochures, business cards, letterhead, banners, logos, car decals and so on.

3.8

December 5th, 2017 DETAILS

I am so disappointed with the whole experience. I was not aware of not getting my money back when electing " commit the project budget ", which I wish I'd never done, as there's no refund policy warmed, but a false encouragement to get more designers involved only if you tick that. The designs I have received were absolutely appalling, some I left comments on, most of them literally came out truly shocking. If you wanted a nasty, downmarket looking logo made by a "designer" from Bangladesh, DesignCrowd would be your best bet.

October 16th, 2017 Garland, TX

Quality logo for my business card. Awesome customer service too.

September 12th, 2017

I was eager to try DesignCrowd to have my small business logo designed and after reading some reviews, I thought it was worth a shot. After all, there was a money back guarantee (excluding a small posting fee). I had my creative brief posted for two weeks and received about 35 designs, all extremely amateur. However, I posted feedback for each design with clear instruction on how to tailor the design to fit my brand. Some designers failed to respond and others completely ignored my feedback. After the two weeks was over, I was asked to pick my winning design or forfeit my money. So, I connected with DesignCrowd and asked them for a refund, given the poor submission quality. To their credit, they did refund 80% of it, but kept 20% for themselves, despite nothing near a final product being provided. I responded requesting all the money (everything except my processing fee of $9), but they said because at least one designer submitted something, they are authorized to keep 20% (see the fine print). This is infuriating. If this review service had an upload section, I would show you how poor some of the designs were (created in paint). Please beware of DesignCrowd.

August 30th, 2017

to stressful for designers hours of work and 1 rating in some point you feel exscusting and humiliating as a person -totally not worth it

August 12th, 2017 Aberdeen, WA

I tried DesignCrowd out as another outlet to reputable freelancer websites I've been using for the last 8yrs. Another resource, etc. DesignCrowd has to be the most convoluted, strange freelance website I have ever seen! Their guidelines for submitting projects is vague and their review process to get "verified" on their site is unspeakable equally vague. "Something is rotten in Denmark" so to speak. I hope someone will shut them down as they're using up graphic designers time and clients time and making the bulk of their money off the $59.00 client fees. I have found quite a few client reviews of DesignCrowd where the client has received nothing for their $59.00 sign up fee. I don't have time to pursue this as I'm a freelancer working to earn a living but if anyone wants to help shut DesignCrowd down I'd be more then willing to help! This is another freelancer opportunity that only comes with the Free Lance: through the designer and the client. Nothing good here as far as I can see..... Hope someone reads this and ends up better informed then I was and I'm not internet freelance ignorant at all - this is a good song and dance site that's paying to keep the truth at bay.

June 19th, 2017

This site is terrible. From experience, I could have had a logo of similar quality designed for $25 (10% of what I paid on Design Crowd) on Guru or Elance. I was very disappointed and couldn't get my money back despite them sneakily advertising a money back guarantee. If I chose to get a refund, they (Design Crowd) would keep about US$60 as a 'booking fee', about a quarter of what I paid upfront! To make matters worse, it is impossible to get in touch with customer service. I also had a $50 voucher which I was unable to use because, again, I couldn't get in touch with customer service! Save yourself the hassle (and money) and go to Guru instead!

May 9th, 2017

Horrible experience and a total ripoff. I put in a design for a 12 page guide. The designer provided 1 page as a sample, and said the remaining 11 would be provided once I picked a design. After choosing the winner, all the designer delivered was just plain pages with no design for the remaining pages, and with quality way below what was in the original sample. Called customer support to use the money back guarantee and they haven't provided it. If customer support turns this around I could change my review but so far this is an awful experience. Feels like I just had $500 stolen from me with nothing to show for it.

April 10th, 2017

Horrible Experience. They false advertise their money back guarantee - they decided to keep 25% of our project budget as "posting fees". After reading other reviews, this number always seems to change. There is no set value for a posting fees - poor ethics. The design quality was way below expectations. Not one designer could wrap their head around what the ask was - everyone kept submitting similar designs. Their customer service centre seems to be offshore somewhere - two service calls ended in silence due to a dead line. When I complained about the false advertising of the money back guarantee I was told too bad and hung up on. If you decide to go the crowd sourcing route for a design, I would HIGHLY recommend using another service.

January 16th, 2017

Seamless process. Enjoyed receiving so many designs. In the process of launching another project with Design Crowd. Thank you Design Crowd!

January 16th, 2017 Las Vegas, NV

Very easy to work with. Highly recommend!

January 16th, 2017

First time using designcrowd, and I must say it was not easy to pick the best one out of so many talented graphic designers with unique designs. Eventually do you find what you are looking for. I will be back for more projects.

January 12th, 2017

It was an easy seamless process to launch my logo design project. I was pleasantly surprised by how many great designs i received (>250). The difficult part was choosing just one. DesignCrowd's telephone support service was good too. Karen

January 11th, 2017

I am very satisfied have looked for a suitable logo and have luckily found one. The only thing that bothered me the really everyone here a design can submit. To 80% was only bad quality available.

January 11th, 2017

Very slick and professional and so very useful for those in need of any type of design service.

January 6th, 2017

Great service. within 1 day already 45 design in my account. The only 'problem' was that is was hard to choose one winner. So many creative designs. And also the communication with all the designers went very quick and easy.

January 6th, 2017

We wanted a new logo to re-launch an existing estate agency. As you do, we looked to the internet for inspiration and found a great logo by a Design Crowd designer. Not wanting to step on any toes, we approached this one designed and am thrilled at how the experience was managed, the interaction from Design Crowd and the designer. I will definitely recommend and would be very happy to use them again in the future.

January 6th, 2017

Great service. Loved the outcome. Fun to get all the designs from all over the world. Thank you design crowd!

January 5th, 2017

Great company, great service, very simple to use, the designer was amazing. Thank you

January 5th, 2017

Excellent service, made my logo design a breeze, plenty of quality designs and very capable designers happy to work with you Toto win the job.

January 5th, 2017 Evanston, WY

The graphic specialist who helped me design my business card was professional, courteous, and prompt. I'm very pleased with the final product. Thank you! Paul Knopf, Evanston, Wyoming

January 3rd, 2017

Prompt service, quick response and fair pricing.

January 3rd, 2017 Austin, TX

Thank you so much for my new logo! I had many changes even a complete new concept and you were on board with my changes. I love it!

December 28th, 2016

Service was great. Received way more logos than expected (over 150), all great designs and very creative. The first designs came in only hours. The hard part was making the decision on which one to pick.

December 27th, 2016

I love that one website provides so many options all in one place with great ways to manage the designs and also provide feedback. I have used this service a couple of times already and I am sure I will be using it again!

December 26th, 2016

With a business that has big money you are a dream because the sky is the limit as far as options to have any products. With the best staff to help 24 hours for business that works 24 hours

December 24th, 2016

Great selection of designs relative to my budget. Fast easy service, easy to communicate with designers and revise designs. Will recommend to others. In fact will use again to design web page and other marketing material.

December 22nd, 2016

Money back guarantee scheme scam - false advertising Avoid this company at all costs.

December 22nd, 2016 Las Vegas, NV

Great design and service 2nd time I used,

December 22nd, 2016

Design Crowd offers an amazing product. I received over 100 excellent logo designs from which to choose and was able to correspond with my chosen designer to tweak it until it was perfect for me. I'm very happy with Design Crowd.

December 20th, 2016

Great way to source concepts for a non graphic type person - worked with 1 designer to complete my project - service was excellent

December 20th, 2016 West Newbury, MA

Our experience with the Design Crowd customer service team was extraordinary. Additionally, our experience with the designer; Arman at GliderGraphx was fantastic. I highly recommend GliderGraphx. Thanks from all of us at MetTrimMD. Scott

December 18th, 2016

Nice service to work with. Would gladly recommend it to my colleagues.

December 15th, 2016

I'm a repeat customer. This is the second time I've used DesignCrowd and I love it. The only problem is that the quality of the submissions is so high that it's actually really difficult to make a final decision! I wouldn't go anywhere else for my graphic design work. Yes, there's a bit of a cost involved, but good work isn't cheap and cheap work isn't good. DesignCrowd are my one-stop-shop for all graphic art work. It's nice to know that 24/7 the project is being attended to, submitted to, amended and people from - literally - all over the world are working on my design throughout the duration of the competition.

December 14th, 2016

Design Crown truly lived up to it's word. over 100 designers submitted a design and actually ONE stood out from the crowd. It was actually what we were after all along. We're incredibly happy and the support staff were fantastic. Even the 1800 number to call them were trained!

December 13th, 2016

Excellent support and service. Would recommend to anyone!

December 12th, 2016

The designers @ DesignCrowd were awesome!!! My designer was a true professional and worked with me every step of the way to ensure I was satisfied with the final result. I'll definitely be using DesignCrowd for future projects.

December 11th, 2016

Great product and infrastructure for design competitions

December 10th, 2016 Salt Lake City, UT

Good service.Works well. Would use again.

December 7th, 2016 Grove City, OH

I recommend using DesignCrowd. Value and product is excellent. I selected the 2nd design tier package, committed to pay and received many designs to choose from and I am pleased with the end result. It is also easy to manage. I was able provide feedback and request improvements as the project went along. I would caution buyers not to highly rate or provide feedback on designs that you do not care for or try to provide feedback to all of the submissions... doing this may result in pressure to award participation prizes. I'm a GenX and in my opinion a 1st prize winner should take all. 2nd or 3rd if you like but certainly not willing to award for participation designs. Customer service is quick to respond.

December 6th, 2016

This was very helpful for the start of our business. No local companies were providing us the look of a logo we wanted and this program let us reach so many people and find the look we were wanting. I am very happy with the out come and would recommend it to any business!