DesignCrowd

verified
DesignCrowd Logo

DesignCrowd

verified
Set a budget, launch your project, get 100+ custom designs from around the world. You choose the best.

DesignCrowd is an online marketplace that provides print and graphic design services, website work, logo designs and more. They provide access to freelance designers worldwide so that clients can find the very best talent for their project and choose from numerous contributions in a variety of styles. This unique site also offers specialists a platform to showcase their skills, make contacts, and build their portfolios. The average project results in over fifty designs to choose from as freelance designers are free to choose which project proposals they’d like to take on.

The Good

• Designers
  • Company Size
  • Additional Services

Designers

The company offers a broad array of design skills. There are over a hundred thousand designers who are eager to provide results for clients looking for something that suits their budgetary needs as well as their design demands. Having a worldwide marketplace of designers makes it possible to select from more than just a team of in-house designers with limited vision or only the experiences of a specific small company. DesignCrowd provides a money back guarantee and is available to be contacted directly should any client have problems communicating with their chosen designer.

Company Size

DesignCrowd was established in 2009. Over the years that they have been around, they have become one of the largest logo design companies in the world. DesignCrowd allows people from a variety of backgrounds to find work on its site. Enabling people with diverse needs to find the perfect freelancer on one site. They have helped prestigious customers from all around the world.

Design Crowd's power is in its niche. It's one of the biggest sites that is attempting to connect designers and clients in an online, freelance-style marketplace. This is no small feat, but DesignCrowd has managed to build a website that is organized in a clear and user-friendly manner. Furthermore, the site allows users to complete all transactions in an orderly and fair manner by hosting payment, job assignment, etc. This helps make freelancing easy by cutting down on the hassle of organizing the various aspects of solo freelance work.

Additional Services

DesignCrowd offers various different products in addition to logo design services. Some of their products include:

• Web Design
  • Label Design
  • Menu Design
  • Photoshop Design
  • Postcard Design

The Bad

• Outside Designers
  • Fees

Outside Designers

It can be a little overwhelming to have so many designers to choose from and to try to narrow it down based on prices, presentation and time constraints. With so many designers as part of the group, DesignCrowd is not able to personally interview each of them and make sure that they are professional and courteous in all of their dealings with potential clients throughout the process. Additionally, their prices aren't set, and they do not disclose how many concepts you'll be getting. Each experience, price, and quality vary greatly between clients and designers.

Fees

Unlike other freelance services, DesignCrowd charges a fee from the incoming payments of freelance designers. While this can be resolved by charging a higher price, designers should be aware of this policy before beginning work on any DesignCrowd project. Additionally, DesignCrowd encourages competition for projects, instead of merely assigning one designer per project.

The Bottom Line

All in all, this is a company that has been in business for a decent amount of time and has provided service to thousands and thousands of clients all over the world. Though DesignCrowd may not be heavily involved in the process of each project, it has customer service representatives available via phone or email for complaints, concerns, or questions along the way to ensure that everything goes smoothly.

Having so many designers on hand to work on a project makes it hard to not end up with ideal results so long as communications are kept and expectations are clear. DesignCrowd is an established source for any graphic design work or advertising designs that any small business or large business could need including t-shirt designs, brochures, business cards, letterhead, banners, custom logo designs, car decals and so on.

3.6

Lisa Dennis
January 18th, 2019 Katy, TX DETAILS

The designer was extremely helpful, and when I wanted changes done, she did them within the hour and was able to make my decision very quickly. I get compliments on our logo all the time

Kristi
January 14th, 2019 Oakdale, CA DETAILS

Design crowd was relatively easy to use, highly productive and gave me tremendous designs to choose from. My experience interacting with designers was very positive and their designs kept improving with my feedback.

Erika
January 14th, 2019 Livermore, CA DETAILS

My experience with DesignCrowd was stellar. I received over 100 great designs over the course of 2 days. The hardest part was deciding which one to choose. I prefer this platform to working with an individual because you get to see several approaches to your project. I was really satisfied with the results. It was easy to input all info and I got the results I wanted.

Patricia kingsland
January 14th, 2019 DETAILS

Easy to use, reliable and conciencious service. I will definitely use again

DUCATUM LLC
January 14th, 2019 DETAILS

I wanted a very specific ambience set by my logo. Loved working with DesignCrowd because I had talented designers from around the globe working on my design. Superior product at an incredible price. Thanks.

PFMolloy
January 11th, 2019 DETAILS

Have used them three times, two fantastic successes and one so-so, but the company itself has always been responsive to the max and I have no hesitation recommending the platform. I will certainly use them again when my need arises.

AutoRealty Consulting P/L
January 11th, 2019 DETAILS

My experience with Design Crowd was not only an absolute pleasure, but more importantly....seamless transaction. Very Talented pool of designers with ‘Pizzaz’!

KANDEENA PTY LTD
January 11th, 2019 DETAILS

Received many logos to choose from. The one we choose could not have been better. The designer took on board we requests and made changes as we wanted.

R Cumming
January 11th, 2019 DETAILS

I had over 30 designs submitted for my company logo, at least 10 of which were high quality. I worked with one designer to create the logo I wanted.

Colby Myers
January 8th, 2019 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

The only reason they get a star is because I received many different logo options, otherwise they would get a zero. This company has wasted so much of my time and money. They are incompetent and don't care enough to reach out by phone even if you ask them to. The people they have working there do not know what they are doing. I have been working with them for more than 2 weeks to get my email signature design done and it is still not working. They won't even make it the way you want and don't tell you that until after you pay them. Getting logo revisions by the designer I chose was like pulling teeth. My specific designer could not even follow the most simple of instructions. I would ask him to change a color to black for example and he would send it back with green over and over and over this happened. One of Designcrowd's US based customer care consultants finally had to step in. My advise to you is to stay away, it is not worth the headache!!

Trevor B
December 10th, 2018 Magnolia, TX DETAILS

Tried to get a t-shirt designed but the designs I was presented were a joke.

Disattisfied Business
November 20th, 2018 DETAILS

The designs I received didn't match my request at all. The majority didn't even use the colors I asked. When I looked at each designers profile, I could see they just substituted my initials in other logos they did for other projects. Zero time, thought or attention. I spent a week looking at all the submissions and was not left with a logo that I could use. Then they didn't stand by their "guarantee" and only gave a partial refund. BEWARE. Don't use this company

Osan
October 19th, 2018 DETAILS

We received terrible designs. We trusted their promise of "full refund", but it turns out they keep 55Eur out of 165Eur payment. We feel cheated and we do not recommend this dishonest marketplace to anybody.

Michael Collins
August 29th, 2018 Pawtucket, RI DETAILS

I have used/paid DesignCrowd multiple times for logo designs but will never use them again. I hate their process. I had only 1 designer working on my logo, who it's important to note I couldn't pick, DesignCrowd automatically picked him. He was based in Venezuala and worked slowly all the while, DesignCrowd had me on a deadline timer that was running out fast. I did not like the logos and to spare the designer trouble, I asked DesignCrowd to cancel the project and refund my money as they proudly proclaim to do. Due to small print on a seperate page, they were only refunding me part of my money and they were keeping 1/3 of it. What a waste of time, I'll gladly refer and use a competiting service instead.

aanda
August 17th, 2018 DETAILS

I had several projects running on this website. This is the worst way to find a good design. First, it is not as cheap as it seems. Non guaranteed projects are at least $40 even if you choose not to finish the project. 100% refund guarantee is actually not 100%. Second you pay the amount they ask, but the designers gets almost 50% of what you pay. Absolutely unfair to the designer. And if the designer knows about it, they will not give 100% of their effort. Getting hundreds of submissions do not equal to hundreds of QUALITY submissions. there are designers who submit unoriginal or copied proposals. Some are very rude. Others speak no english. Some can not deliver the files that are necessary. In many cases it is a headache. In my experience I found it much more useful to find a good local designer that can communicate and that can deliver everything I am asking for, since a logo is not just a logo. If you love your company, you need to care about it's message, it's look, it's position from the start. Designing a logo, requires all info about the colors, fonts, idea behind it and many other things. If you are ready to spend $500 on a design, you better be ready to spend twice as much and find someone who knows what a logo means and how to deliver everything you need and can guarantee that they will work with you later as needed. A qualified designer knows how important a relationship is and he/she values it. Don't forget, a logo is not just an image... You want someone who does it all. You do not want someone who makes only one thing and then you switch to someone else. Things might not fit... Also designcrowd's customer service sucks. they need more training. Some have no idea how to treat a customer.

Lee
July 13th, 2018 DETAILS

You have to baby sit the designers using designcrowd

Edyta Lee
June 28th, 2018 Winnetka, IL DETAILS

While googling logos ideas for my business, I stumbled upon Design Crowd. I was directed to a designer, who previously designed logo I liked. I agreed to work with this designer and naively processed a payment in the amount $101 dollars. From that point things started going downhill. First, the designer sent me a message in Spanish ( a language I don’t speak). Since I couldn’t understand her, one of costumer service members did the back and forth translating for us. Next the designer messaged me directly, communicating in perfect English..... I was looking for a simple logo of a men/ woman head for my Hair Salon. The designer Novi11, followed my requested, but kept delivering samples of logos that looked the opposite to what simple means. She made corrections, like I asked her to, but kept sending logos with strange face expressions. At one point she included a photo (I never asked ask for ) of a red- hair womam with “ creepy “ look in her eyes, ( my 13 year daughters observation). I realized that the designer is not going to deliver what I needed. I called the costumer service and quickly learned that I am not going to be able to switch to a different designer or get a refund. I offered to pay the designer for her time so I could just get out of this situation. I learned my lesson. The DesignCrowd made me feel like I was a difficult client, and cared more about keeping my money than helping me with the project. I spent $101, and walked away without the logo. Be careful!! BTW, I am not the first unhappy customer, before you hire Design Crowd for your project, check the online reviews, including complaints from BBB.

John Martin
May 7th, 2018 Dawson Springs, KY DETAILS

Worst option for any developer. They don't know how to create a rating system. If you are new there, you don't have a rating and aren't even eligible for submitting your work to most area. Then when you do submit your work, it's put on hold and the bid closes before anyone can even view it. Their entire website is screwed up and obviously some kind of setup so that they can just scam half your earnings off of you if you do manage to make anything.

Catalina
March 5th, 2018 DETAILS

High volume. Low quality. One good design was a ripoff from an existing logo that couldn't be trademarked. So nothing usable. They still charged $90 "posting fee" when I got nothing in return, and a lot of wasted time and effort. Very frustrating. Ripoff.

Grace
February 6th, 2018

I'm a designer, but none of my designs made it past their quality control team. I followed the guidelines, but my designs were rejected for no given reason. Nothing I made even made it in front of the client. The site works by pitting designers against each other for very small pay. We waste time on creating designs without the normal careful consultation that normally happens when working 1:1. Each design is really just a shot in the dark. If you're a customer who can't afford to work directly with a designer, you're honestly better off designing something yourself using canva or logojoy. If you're a designer, designcrowd is a black hole - get out!

LONDON
January 12th, 2018 DETAILS

Their designer could not deliver and said so himself. They charged me a fee anyway. A hefty $40 fee they took and would not refund on a $99 gig. The 100% refund is really not a 100% refund. Do yourself a favor and use Fiverr instead or another company. This one is a scam that will not deliver but still take your money.

Brian
December 19th, 2017 New Virginia, IA DETAILS

I used their service and the designs were horrible. I only used their service due to the "money back guarantee". I asked for a refund and to cancel the project after just 2 days. BUYER BEWARE: Read the fine print. They keep a whole lot of money. In my case, 32% they kept. The website makes it appear you will be issued a full refund but when you read the fine print they keep a "posting fee". Wow, I don't expect them to be in business long with shady practices like this, I would never use this service again nor recommend any of my friends to use it. There are many other crowdsourcing sites that probably do much better. I have used some of them and always gotten outstanding work.

Max Cheong
December 5th, 2017 DETAILS

I am so disappointed with the whole experience. I was not aware of not getting my money back when electing " commit the project budget ", which I wish I'd never done, as there's no refund policy warmed, but a false encouragement to get more designers involved only if you tick that. The designs I have received were absolutely appalling, some I left comments on, most of them literally came out truly shocking. If you wanted a nasty, downmarket looking logo made by a "designer" from Bangladesh, DesignCrowd would be your best bet.

Arif
October 16th, 2017 Garland, TX

Quality logo for my business card. Awesome customer service too.

Brit
September 12th, 2017

I was eager to try DesignCrowd to have my small business logo designed and after reading some reviews, I thought it was worth a shot. After all, there was a money back guarantee (excluding a small posting fee). I had my creative brief posted for two weeks and received about 35 designs, all extremely amateur. However, I posted feedback for each design with clear instruction on how to tailor the design to fit my brand. Some designers failed to respond and others completely ignored my feedback. After the two weeks was over, I was asked to pick my winning design or forfeit my money. So, I connected with DesignCrowd and asked them for a refund, given the poor submission quality. To their credit, they did refund 80% of it, but kept 20% for themselves, despite nothing near a final product being provided. I responded requesting all the money (everything except my processing fee of $9), but they said because at least one designer submitted something, they are authorized to keep 20% (see the fine print). This is infuriating. If this review service had an upload section, I would show you how poor some of the designs were (created in paint). Please beware of DesignCrowd.

trend
August 31st, 2017

to stressful for designers hours of work and 1 rating in some point you feel exscusting and humiliating as a person -totally not worth it

C M O
August 14th, 2017 Aberdeen, WA

I tried DesignCrowd out as another outlet to reputable freelancer websites I've been using for the last 8yrs. Another resource, etc. DesignCrowd has to be the most convoluted, strange freelance website I have ever seen! Their guidelines for submitting projects is vague and their review process to get "verified" on their site is unspeakable equally vague. "Something is rotten in Denmark" so to speak. I hope someone will shut them down as they're using up graphic designers time and clients time and making the bulk of their money off the $59.00 client fees. I have found quite a few client reviews of DesignCrowd where the client has received nothing for their $59.00 sign up fee. I don't have time to pursue this as I'm a freelancer working to earn a living but if anyone wants to help shut DesignCrowd down I'd be more then willing to help! This is another freelancer opportunity that only comes with the Free Lance: through the designer and the client. Nothing good here as far as I can see..... Hope someone reads this and ends up better informed then I was and I'm not internet freelance ignorant at all - this is a good song and dance site that's paying to keep the truth at bay.

Dean
June 19th, 2017

This site is terrible. From experience, I could have had a logo of similar quality designed for $25 (10% of what I paid on Design Crowd) on Guru or Elance. I was very disappointed and couldn't get my money back despite them sneakily advertising a money back guarantee. If I chose to get a refund, they (Design Crowd) would keep about US$60 as a 'booking fee', about a quarter of what I paid upfront! To make matters worse, it is impossible to get in touch with customer service. I also had a $50 voucher which I was unable to use because, again, I couldn't get in touch with customer service! Save yourself the hassle (and money) and go to Guru instead!

Max A
May 11th, 2017

Horrible experience and a total ripoff. I put in a design for a 12 page guide. The designer provided 1 page as a sample, and said the remaining 11 would be provided once I picked a design. After choosing the winner, all the designer delivered was just plain pages with no design for the remaining pages, and with quality way below what was in the original sample. Called customer support to use the money back guarantee and they haven't provided it. If customer support turns this around I could change my review but so far this is an awful experience. Feels like I just had $500 stolen from me with nothing to show for it.

Kyle B
April 10th, 2017

Horrible Experience. They false advertise their money back guarantee - they decided to keep 25% of our project budget as "posting fees". After reading other reviews, this number always seems to change. There is no set value for a posting fees - poor ethics. The design quality was way below expectations. Not one designer could wrap their head around what the ask was - everyone kept submitting similar designs. Their customer service centre seems to be offshore somewhere - two service calls ended in silence due to a dead line. When I complained about the false advertising of the money back guarantee I was told too bad and hung up on. If you decide to go the crowd sourcing route for a design, I would HIGHLY recommend using another service.

Allison Rudd
January 16th, 2017

Seamless process. Enjoyed receiving so many designs. In the process of launching another project with Design Crowd. Thank you Design Crowd!

Richard Vincenti
January 23rd, 2017 Las Vegas, NV

Very easy to work with. Highly recommend!

Uzziah Thomas
January 23rd, 2017

First time using designcrowd, and I must say it was not easy to pick the best one out of so many talented graphic designers with unique designs. Eventually do you find what you are looking for. I will be back for more projects.

Karen
January 13th, 2017

It was an easy seamless process to launch my logo design project. I was pleasantly surprised by how many great designs i received (>250). The difficult part was choosing just one. DesignCrowd's telephone support service was good too. Karen

Stefano
January 11th, 2017

I am very satisfied have looked for a suitable logo and have luckily found one. The only thing that bothered me the really everyone here a design can submit. To 80% was only bad quality available.

Ian Inglis
January 23rd, 2017

Very slick and professional and so very useful for those in need of any type of design service.

Matthijs
January 9th, 2017

Great service. within 1 day already 45 design in my account. The only 'problem' was that is was hard to choose one winner. So many creative designs. And also the communication with all the designers went very quick and easy.

Chris Chadwick
January 9th, 2017

We wanted a new logo to re-launch an existing estate agency. As you do, we looked to the internet for inspiration and found a great logo by a Design Crowd designer. Not wanting to step on any toes, we approached this one designed and am thrilled at how the experience was managed, the interaction from Design Crowd and the designer. I will definitely recommend and would be very happy to use them again in the future.

Ilana Levitt
January 23rd, 2017

Great service. Loved the outcome. Fun to get all the designs from all over the world. Thank you design crowd!

Saj Ali
January 23rd, 2017

Great company, great service, very simple to use, the designer was amazing. Thank you

Lachlan
January 5th, 2017

Excellent service, made my logo design a breeze, plenty of quality designs and very capable designers happy to work with you Toto win the job.

Paul Knopf
January 5th, 2017 Evanston, WY

The graphic specialist who helped me design my business card was professional, courteous, and prompt. I'm very pleased with the final product. Thank you! Paul Knopf, Evanston, Wyoming

Meagan Shand
January 4th, 2017

Prompt service, quick response and fair pricing.

Rita M Bowden
January 4th, 2017 Austin, TX

Thank you so much for my new logo! I had many changes even a complete new concept and you were on board with my changes. I love it!

Carlos Hernandez
December 29th, 2016

Service was great. Received way more logos than expected (over 150), all great designs and very creative. The first designs came in only hours. The hard part was making the decision on which one to pick.

Eesha
January 23rd, 2017

I love that one website provides so many options all in one place with great ways to manage the designs and also provide feedback. I have used this service a couple of times already and I am sure I will be using it again!

Brian Jones
January 23rd, 2017

With a business that has big money you are a dream because the sky is the limit as far as options to have any products. With the best staff to help 24 hours for business that works 24 hours

Neil Gray
December 26th, 2016

Great selection of designs relative to my budget. Fast easy service, easy to communicate with designers and revise designs. Will recommend to others. In fact will use again to design web page and other marketing material.

Evgeni Chipev
December 24th, 2016

Money back guarantee scheme scam - false advertising Avoid this company at all costs.

Bill