Design Proficient

5.3

LAST UPDATED: July 30th, 2021

Established in 2007, Design Proficient is a creative digital agency that aims to keep concept and strategy in mind. The company offers several service packages (including the following):

• Logo Design Solutions
  • Brand Development
  • Marketing Collateral
  • Motion Graphics
  • Creative Copywriting
  • Digital Marketing

Design Proficient’s team of creative, interdisciplinary, and skilled professionals strives to help businesses of all shapes and sizes reach their digital objectives.

Whether you need help with designing a logo, developing a presence on the web, or with content marketing, Design Proficient wants to help. The company offers a secure money-back guarantee, 24/7 client coordination, and clients have 100 percent ownership rights (after the project is complete).

2.8

Tony Galyen Virginia Beach, VA

Please do your research before hiring this company. I hired them to design a website and after they kept calling me time and again trying to sell me more products I finally got frustrated and charged back the amounts through my bank. My wife and I did not see the dispute come back through our bank and missed the deadline to respond. That is totally on us. I thought maybe Design Proficient would be reasonable and refund a portion of the $7000 for a website that was nowhere near completed. I wasn't asking them to not get paid for the work they completed. I was just asking them to evaluate the quality of work and refund the difference. Believe me, this was nowhere near a $7000 website. When I called they said that they won the dispute fairly and told me they could resume work on the website for more money. DO YOUR RESEARCH ON THIS COMPANY FIRST. Just look at the BBB complaints, I wish I had.

N S San Antonio, TX

They stole our money! Had a website being created since 2019! They claimed people died from COVID and blah blah blah. Went ghost for about a month. Now they don't want to refund. Wasted time, money, and tears. Daniel S., Alex, Brad, Ethan, and Shawn...all Indian scammers with American sounding names. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE!

Cyber Crime Reports Citizen Secaucus, NJ

We have received a few other complaints about scamming from this company. To report scamming activities, please visit website of: Internet Crime Complaint Center IC3 and the Better Business Bureau (BBB) in the Bay Area. They have a straight forward reporting channel. Together, we can stop fake companies from stealing more money out of the consumers' pockets.

Kirsten W. Fort Lauderdale, FL

BEWARE: Is DESIGN PROFICIENT EVEN OPERATING NOW???? I was reading these reviews about these scam artists and I see that another User spoke to Shawn - as I did today - only he represented himself as an Agent at WEBDISTRICT LLC - this is what I found: BEWARE of WEBDISTRICTS: "We're a registered business in the state of New York and have our production office in Los Angeles, CA" They are HORRIBLE. I used Design Proficient to create & host my website - all of a sudden, it was DOWN - no explanation, when I called THE # of Design Proficient - it took me to WEBDISTRICT LLC , I spoke to"Joe L" in NY, the Project Manager and he told me that Design Proficient was auctioned because of misleading consumers and that WebDistrict bought them and their data base. When I explained the issue I was told I would need to PAY to get the website back up. My Company purchased the "Lifetime Package" and we were receiving nasty/unprofessional emails from this Manager. Our website & Business is SABOTAGED - we paid almost $10k for this less than a year ago!!! The Manager specifically said ""You may try suing we have received thousands of similar threats in the past" This was a direct email quote from the Company!!!! I am filing Complaints with the Attorney General & The Secretary of State in both NY & CA. BEWARE!!!! I was also told that Junaid M "David L" owns the company and is in Pakistan

C. Hill Vacaville, CA

Paid 10k for a mobile website 2 years ago. After doing most of the work myself, the account manager left the company with all of my designs. I have the emails to prove I did most of the work. As of today 04/08/20 I have no website. They said remove your bad reviews and we promise you that we will have it done, that was in December 2019. I removed the review, but began with the same cycle. My husband leukemia returned 6 months ago, his medication is 1k per month. I have asked for a refund several times over the years and they have told me that the site has to be complete before I can ask for a refund????????? It's unethical to take a customers money and not perform the contract. It's unethical to steal your clients ideas and money. It's unethical to not answer your phones or return calls . It's unethical to ask me to remove a reviews of my experience, for you to begin delivering what you promised, just to start the same cycle again. Peopel, the templates they send to you are the same one's you can build your own site from. I left a message again this morning 04/08/20 Richard W or Ethan P is going to call me back..the cycle continues......Yay!!!! PS. you will not be able to find any contact information to verify who your working with (Ethan P, Edward J, etc. and all the other fake names they use) using google searches, linkedin, or email address search. I wish I would of done the research ahead of time........Make sure who your working can be found from a simple search...Design Proficient you won't find it...only reviews....not one past or present employee on linkedin????? research my friends.

Randy Unger Phoenix, AZ

It has been a horrible experience with this company and I encourage everyone reading this to go elsewhere with your business. One of their sales associates sold me a package for creating a logo and a business website. I paid over a thousand dollars and it's been over a year and I have absolutely nothing to show for the money I gave them. The sales associate no longer works for the company. My project manager supposedly was reassigned. The new project manger wants another $500 to "reopen" my file in order to begin to work on the logo and website. I refused to pay another dime to these shysters. I wrote several emails to the manager as well as the CEO of the company without a single response. I've been ripped off and unless you want to be I would strongly suggest you avoid this company altogether! These people have no integrity!

SUPREMER REDEEMER Los Angeles, CA

I first contacted the company, They mentioned to me the cost for whatever I was trying to achieve on my website to be at $300. I paid them through the phone, as one representative asked for my credit card details and info. They sent me an email confirmation about the digital service they provide. The digital service was to work on my website. The website service I use is from a company called shopify. They wanted my personal credentials to access the 'shopify store', in which I answered "no." They hung up the phone and multiple times and have made me call back with no answer. Its passed 2 days and noone from the 'designproficient' company has called me back in regards to this situation. Finally one representative picked up the phone and told me that in order for them to start working on the website, they would need me to give them the personal credentials. I told them, "I will not give you my credentials, but I will give you access to my website through a staff account." The staff account is an option for website owners to have third party members to access the website as a way of protecting the owner of the store's information and incase the third party member chooses to change the password and steal the store as a whole. This of course was the right way of working with third party members, but they continued to lie saying that it was false and that they urgently needed my credentials to access the store. I was on the phone with a representative by the name of Jeremy, who spoke to me saying that all informaiton has been relayed to my 'project manager', and that he was to call me back in a few hours. I recieved the call about an hour later, and was told the same thing, "Give us your personal login credentials to your store." I replied with the same answer, "No I wil not, you will need to give me your email so I can add you as a staff to my store, this is for my safety." He replied, "No that is not the way it should be done." At this point of time, they have kept transferring me to different represenatives all of which sounded very skeptical. The project later got back to me saying, "Not to worry, we will work on your website homepage." This of course, was a complete lie because they dont even have the staff account to access my website nor was my original payment for the service about the homepage being altered." In other words, they were completely scamming me of my money the whole time and trying to gain access to the main store as the 'owner.' Iv'e looked up the their company's credibility online and there are hundreds of reviews of people complaining of many similar cases. I believe that it is only right that the FTC take necessary steps to prohibiting these kinds of business to run on market. As their is no digital product or service being done, I would consider all of this to be a pyramid scheme and unethical business practices.

Kyston Hamlet Yallourn, VIC

I was told over and over as well as in writing and on in contract that if I am not 100% satisfied with their service it is a 100% money back guarantee. All lies and redundancy. My project was passed off to over 4 individuals that kept requesting the same information that I had already given. From the beginning it was a hassle, constantly asking me for more money and debiting my card over 2,000 with out my permission. I am still waiting on a refund of $2,000 that they are now refusing and no web sight. As for the non completed wed content, misspelled words and poor grammar. Yes they use different names and locations. There address of 430 Little Collins Street, Melbourne does not exist as it is just a virtual office with no one in there, when I asked the front reception about Design Proficient hey mentioned they have never heard of them. I am now submitting an application to VCAT to have a hearing, hopefully other people will read and stay away from these scammers.

James Byers Austin, TX

The following is my final email to them, take from it what you will: What legalities? According to your sales agreement they are now my property. As far as copyright and/or trademark - if I wish to do so I do not need your assistance. You have a very crappy online reputation. Much of the complaints I saw in reviews I can verify from my experience. You did the turnaround in adequate time. However I gave very simple instructions that should not have needed clarification from a professional in this field. Yet you continually sent back revisions that didn't follow my instructions as I sent them or made simple, rookie mistakes - and I think that that was on purpose to necessitate additional revisions. You continually badgered me to talk on the phone, repeatedly calling me even though I made it clear that I did not wish nor intend to talk by phone. I made it clear as well that email was my preferred and only form of acceptable communication. You sold or shared my personal information leading to telemarketing/soliciting calls from other companies or businesses. You or your company attempted to solicit further paid services - which are not necessary and at the very least trying to convince someone to spend hundreds of dollars on something that they can do much cheaper if not do themselves may be legal but is not ethical business practices. All of this tracks with what I read in reviews. The logo itself looks like something done with Adobe Creative Suite. As a former communications major with an emphasis in advertising and public relations I have worked with that software, although I am not an expert on it. Point being though is I recognize work that can be done on that software. I gave extremely clear description of what I wanted and offered to email you a mockup of that description. Again, for a professional in the field there should not have been an issue in producing what I had described. And you did not follow up asking me to send the mockup showing zero concern in making sure you understood exactly what I wanted. (And bombarding me with phone calls after being clearly told I preferred contact by email while not first asking for the mockup is not showing concern for the client.) Yet the design given to me - and essentially repeated in all concept files was not what I had described at all. It incorporated aspects of what I had described but did not do it the way I asked. Since I had already paid for the package and did not want to go through the hassle of refund, canceling payment, or having you use an excessive number of revisions thereby running up additional costs I went ahead and accepted the concept you had come up with. Again, either you guys are amateur hacks or you are doing it on purpose as again I saw this type of behavior mentioned multiple times in reviews. Finally, I was switched over to multiple people - "designers", "project managers", etc. In the course of our 2 week interaction. If you are a small outfit trying to make yourselves look bigger this actually has the opposite effect. It makes you look unprofessional and disorganized. Again, this is something I saw mentioned multiple times in reviews. Overall my experience has not been the worst it could have been. The design and files I received are usable until I can afford a more professional or skilled company/package. One where the logo designed is actually unique enough to warrant filing for copyright protection. As it is the logo looks like some clip art slapped together with some words and colors - all of which is generic and again can be done using Adobe Illustrator in the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite. I blame myself for not looking at all those reviews prior to purchasing the package. I did not do my own due diligence until alarm bells went off literally during the payment process and ran into errors on your site, emails (listed on the site) that did not work, no receipt until I asked about it, no explanation for the invalid emails and had to look on my banks app to confirm the payment was charged (and certainly did not like the sound of you asking me to confirm the payment was processed before sending me my receipt) I will be sharing this final email as part of my reviews. And I will not be recommending your company.

Jeremy Sandy, UT

WARNING! do not work with this company! I signed up for a complete package with them to design a logo for my medical company. When they tried calling me to revise the logo the number came from CHINA. Then everyone I talked to had an Indian accent. The logos were garbage and appeared like cheap clip art designs. The first design even included an “Indian” guy wearing a head wrap as the person in my logo. When I signed up they said I would receive a 100% refund if I wasn’t happy with the product. When I called them to cancel they refused to refund the money and will only give me 60% back even though none of the project was actually completed. Don’t make my mistake and check all the reviews online before giving this company your money. The only true reviews are the ones with terrible ratings. Lesson learned. I will go with an actual legitimate company. Other design companies when shown the logos said what garbage they were and how they were probably outsourced to people who had zero design experience. Whatever you do - find a better company.

Reply from Design Proficient

Dear Reviewer, May I know your name, number, e-mail address & order ID so that I would be able to pull up your project and we can sort it out.

Lucas C San Jose, CA

DO NOT WORK WITH THIS COMPANY!!! We hired this company to design our logo. The whole process was horrible. Communication with them was very ineffective. Their project manager said we could not talk to designers directly, so he delivered our messages about logo design to designers. There were so many misunderstanding happened. It took a month to go through all the communication, and we didn't get what we expected . At the end, they asked for extra 300 hundreds for logo trademark, which they only said they will help in their package. Otherwise, they refused to give us the logo, and refused to refund, AND THEY CANCELED OUR PROJECT WITHOUT OUR PERMISSION. So, we paid hundreds for nothing, no logo, no refund, but waste of time and terrible service.

Honest Review Marietta, GA

Where do I start....I hired this company to design a logo for me. I paid for a package that included the design, stationary, and ownership of the logo. At first, they sent me a bunch of cheesy clip art looking logos. I worked with them...we made it through. Weeks later, I see several unauthorized withdrawals from my bank account totally $426.00!!!! I called them furious and they explained it’s to get the logo trademarked. In their package and website advertising, ownership of the logo is included. I reminded them of this when they first called me to talk about next steps. I asked if this service would be an additional cost—they said no! Then bam! They’re taking money out of my account. No invoice, no authorization, no nothing! Complete con artists! Stay away!!! I’m fighting to get my money back!!

Rachella M Moghadam Calabasas, CA

I reached out to design proficient to design an animated logo for our company. After working out a deal with them, I proceeded to ask them for more samples of their work. After their customer service rep. Steve A accused me of trying to steal their work to make my own portfolio and proceeded to INSULT me over email by saying I should have a better understanding in my mind of what I wanted. See this DIRECT QUOTE from Steve "I suggest first you can clear your mind and then ask." I then proceeded to email the situation to his manager Chris S who never addressed the situation or his employees' grotesque mishandling of the situation. I have never been so appalled or insulted by another company in my life. NEVER EVER work with them.

David

Signed up for logo design, paid $75 dollars for logo and business cards during one of their deals, I'm then sent logos of their previous work which I said I didn't like, 20 minutes later I receive a bombardment of phone calls, some persistent person from their design team constantly calls me, I pick up and he asks me the same questions that are on the brief, I request a refund because I didn't like the way things were going and was positive that the experience would be a pain in the ass down the road throughout the process. My refund request emails are ignored, no replies, the online chat on their home page ignores all my messages, I email all the emails on their website and a few bounce back and the rest of them that went through are ignored, no replies, 3 days later I get my first draft of poorly designed logos that I canceled 20 minutes after the transaction was made. They are just like the examples I was sent originally, cheap, cheesy crap. the total opposite of what I wanted. Don't bother dealing with these amateur hours, cowboys, once they have your money they'll ignore you and won't be giving back your money. Poor rock bottom customer service. They don't care about you, just your money.

Edwin Mendez Wilkes-Barre, PA

If I could give this company negative stars I would. They are all talk. They do not tell you up front how much everything costs. They tell you to pay a fee. Then they call you back, and in the process of updating you, they tell you to pay another fee for something else. This should be consumer fraud. In the process of all this they charged me close to $4000 and pushed my deadline another 6 weeks after telling me it would only take 3 weeks.

ROBERTA MORELAND Nowata, OK

i ask for something very specific and relatively simple they did not listen to me at all. i did not get what i paid for and then said it would cost me more money to get what i ask for in the 1st place . this company is a joke scam artist doesnt speak english well and told me i would have what i requested by the end of the day a week later still havent gotten what i requested and now says it will cost me more money. they suck

SaturnSolutions Silver Spring, MD

If I could give negative stars i would, This is a complete scam company and STAY AWAY. Like the other reviews state in here they do not deliver what is promised and will make unauthorized charges on your card. Highly unprofessional and scammers. Stay away for many services they offer and get the terms and conditions in writing if they don't provide them not not pay. Good luck getting any detailed terms in writing.

Chris D Torrington, CT

PEOPLE WHO WORK HERE SHOULD BE ARRESTED!!! I only gave the company one star because I couldn’t give zero or negative stars. Anyone who gave them more than one star was paid to do so. This is an absolute scam, if you read this and decide to proceed, you should be embarrassed. The company does not tell you about the additional 2k in “fees” over the lifeline of the project. They charge your card without authorization and their work is subpar at best. Would not recommend this place to my worst enemy.

JAZMINE KARDELL Chelmsford, MA

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY AT ALL. I HIRE THEM TO CREATE TWO WEBSITE FOR TWO OF MY COMPANIES, THEY CREATED WEBSITE THAT ARE ONLY CONTROLLED BY THEM AND THEY CARRY VIRUSES. ALSO, WHEN I TRIED TO REACH BACK TO MY THE ACCESS TO MY WEBSITE THEY COMPLETELY IGNORED MY EMAILS AND THEY NEVER HELPED ME. I ENDED UP HAVING TO REDO THE WEBSITE WITH A USA COMPANY. NOW IM TRYING TO WORK ON THE SECOND WEBSITE. THEY ARE SCAM ARTIST. SO FAR I HAVE INVESTED WELL OVER $4K BETWEEN THEM AND THE NEW PEOPLE. THE ONLY REASON I PUT 1 STAR IS BECAUSE THIS SYSTEM DOES NOT ALLOW ME TO PROCEED UNLESS I PUT A STAR.

Diesel Northampton, MA

BEWARE!!!!! DO NOT USE THIS SCAM COMPANY! Much like everyone else I was dragged through a very long process (several months), using clip art type graphics, harassed, had unauthorized charges and did not get the product I was promised. Rude and unprofessional representatives. I BEGGED them to cancel my order, issue refund and even to CLOSE the case and they refused. They promise 48 hour turnaround time for proofs, in the end they took up to 2 weeks for each update. Someone must do something about this company!

Donalisa Orange, CA

Be careful of this company!!! they delayed my web site for 2 week that they were working on. Bad Reputation for them, and their developer are not good. Their billing department will give you a hard time to get your refund back. He was screaming at me and implicating all the negative why I shouldn't get my money back. When it's say's on their . policy no question asked if you want to get a refund. (BS). Make sure get something in writing to dispute your transaction.

lea Ardmore, PA

We hired this company in September to complete a website. It has been a huge nightmare working with them. We have lost a lot of money from their lack of professionalism and abilities to perform what they said they could perform. We had to repeat ourselves way too many times even though we went as far as creating video tutorials and screenshots to show them what we wanted. They also denied the refund they claim that they give if we weren't satisfied. We also hired writing services from the which was also extremely poorly done.

Gary Elmhurst, NY

This company did a horrible job for me. They never competed my site, bringing my online business to a complete fail. They never returned my money. This company is a complete scam job and they do not give refunds. They are thieves and scammers. Do not fall for the hype. Call the BBB and see their true rating is an F.

Masha B Staten Island, NY

Horrible-took them over a month to complete my website, and over 48 hours for each update. On top of it, they send me a manual that didn’t work for weeks, and I’ve been calling for two weeks daily and no one is willing to help me with adding shopping to my website-I am ready to file a claim and contact the BBB.

Jose Peria

this company is a thief they charge my credit card without my approval I have all recorded conversations oven making empty promises and acting like I said things that I didn't please save yourself from this company the manager even told me there's nothing I can do to get my money back well laughing at me and mocking me

Jason Orlando, FL

Absolute Scam. Company misrepresents themselves start to finish. Unauthorized charges, horrible quality, and threats from management. Buyer Be VERY Aware. From one Consumer to Another RUN! Your website dream will be a nightmare if you hire this company.

Joe Overland Park, KS

An awful experience, full of stress. The communication is awful. The website took six months, did not work right once it was launched, issues are not fixed correctly. Please do yourself a favor and use a different company!

Dylan Mt. Pleasant, SC

Terrible for logo design. After telling me they coudln't do what I asked, they had me Upgrade. After upgrading they copied my example logo and changed the colors. I've been going back and forth with them for more than a month now. It's just not worth it guys. Go ANYWHERE ELSE. This place is a SCAM. Oh and you can' t cancel.

Seacress Henderson, NV

OMG BEWARE! They are the worst company to deal with! They installed a virus on my site, I've had to pay other developers to fix everything and they tried to get me to pay them again!!!! They had to change their company name several times because they have so many bad reviews. Find someone else, not worth the headaches and heartache.

Nancy Somerville, MA

I've never reviewed anything in my life, but I am pissed. I'll just say: HORRIBLE!!! They've been calling me everyday (at least 4 times a day), even at late night, trying to sell me more and more "services". In the end I had to pay an ownership for the logo I designed. I didn't get what I asked for and never got an invoice. Don't work with them!

Kv Diamond Bar, CA

Please do not use Design Proficient. The service is Horrible. They do not create a website. They use customer service people to talk about an design and copy other people’s links that you may be interested in using and copying that design and if you are disappointed and want and refund they will take 33% of your money

Xiem

I have really bad experience with this company. Very disappointed and make me feel very angry the way they work. If I could give them zero start I would do that.

Ryan Austin, TX

I have had nothing but problems using this service. Their design team is a joke and they are definitely not offering a quality service for the price.