crowdspring Logo

crowdspring

7.6

LAST UPDATED: June 14th, 2021

Since its founding in 2007, crowdspring has grown to include over 200,000 freelance designers to offer quality graphic design services. Based in Chicago, crowdspring is an online marketplace that connects creative design pros and buyers to foster a more straightforward design process for businesses. Users can choose to either host a design project or work independently with a designer.

The founders of crowdspring have experience in both the legal and creative industries which breeds a flourishing atmosphere for the creative process and allows for complete protection of intellectual property. One area of expertise offered by crowdspring is crowdsourced logo design.

crowdspring is all about options. In addition to logo design, you can crowdsource ideas for your website design, product design, t-shirt design, and even company name or product names. And crowdspring offers a 100% money-back guarantee if you’re not satisfied with the quality of project results.

Read customer crowdspring reviews

The Good

• Unlimited Concepts
  • Unlimited Designers
  • Unlimited Revisions
  • Additional Graphic Design Services
  • Turnaround Time
  • Positive User Reviews
  • Logo Design Package Options and Pricing

Unlimited Concepts

When customers list projects on crowdspring, they are able to view an unlimited number of creative concepts for their desired product. The cost of listing a project includes prize money for the project, crowdspring's fee, and a legal agreement giving you ownership of the design.

Unlimited Designers

Additionally, there is no restriction on the number of professional designers working on a particular project. Elite projects allow clients to work with 5 of the best designers on crowdspring (those with a reputation of 90 and above and a portfolio on crowdspring that contains at least 5 items). All of the designers will be compensated. The winner receives the award while the other participants each receive a guaranteed tip.

Unlimited Revisions

Once a buyer receives a draft of their logo design, they have the option to send it back as many times as possible to get the project right. Other logo design platforms similar to crowdspring limit the number of concepts, designers, and revisions a buyer can take advantage of. However, with Crowdspring no such restrictions exist as long as the revisions are not outside the original scope of the project.

Additional Graphic Design Services

crowdspring's graphic design services include everything you need to develop a memorable brand identity:

• Logo design
  • Poster design
  • Illustration design
  • T-shirt design
  • Presentation design

This one-stop shop is ideal for a small business that wants consistent branding from one platform.

Turnaround Time

Typically, logo design platforms provide an estimated turnaround time so buyers have an idea of how long it will take for their project to reach completion. With crowdspring, the buyer always has control over when their project ends. Projects are posted for a default seven days but deadlines can be shortened or extended for up to seven more days.

Positive User Reviews

User reviews of crowdspring's creative services praise its customer service and quality. Crowdsourcing platforms typically receive criticism for inconsistency varying by designer or for poor customer service when handling a negative experience. crowdspring receives less of these negative comments than many other crowdsourcing platforms.

Logo Design Package Options and Pricing

If you find a creative you love and want to work with them directly, you can save some money and negotiate a 1-to-1 price for their services starting at $200 per project.

crowdspring offers four Logo Design crowdsourcing packages:

• Silver ($299)
  • Gold ($499)
  • Elite ($899)
  • Platinum ($1199)

The Silver package includes about 60 design concepts, copyright ownership, a money-back guarantee, unlimited designs and professional designers, and one focus group. Customers can opt to include promotion and project privacy.

The Gold package offers the same features as the Silver package, but has about 90 design concepts, unlimited focus groups, and includes basic promotion. Optional add-ons include: project privacy, platinum-only designers, team collaboration, and unlimited presentations.

The Elite package is distinct from the rest. It includes about 20 elite design concepts, copyright ownership, assured award and tips, five Elite designers, unlimited focus groups, elite promotion, project privacy, only elite designers, a dedicated manager and priority support. Customers may add team collaboration and unlimited presentations. Note: All designers who participate are compensated.

The Platinum package offers the most: about 75 premium design concepts, copyright ownership, a money back guarantee, unlimited Platinum designers, unlimited focus groups, advanced promotion, project privacy, a dedicated manager, priority customer support, team collaboration, and unlimited presentations. Customers who choose the Platinum package will only work with crowdspring's Platinum and Elite designers.

The Bad

• No Web or App Development
  • Concerns of Spec Work

No Web or App Development

While crowdspring does offer crowdsourcing graphic design for websites and mobile apps, it does not offer web or app development to actually build these features for you. As the project host, you must hire your own in-house or third party developers to create the site and app features you desire, guided by the crowdsourced designs you choose.

Concerns of Spec Work

crowdspring's design projects are considered speculative work. Multiple designers can submit to the project, but the client will not award every designer as a project winner. Only winners are paid.

Many designers are against spec work, which they claim devalues the professional experience of the designer and the time it takes to create a design. This model can be great for the customer, but it means project losers receive no compensation for their time.

Note: This does not apply to the Elite projects and 1-to-1 projects, (which do guarantee compensation).

The Bottom Line

Crowdsourcing sites give buyers access to a wide selection of design concepts. This wide selection can be useful for business owners who are developing their brand and brand identity.

crowdspring also allows buyers to set the project deadline. Users can provide feedback and request design changes during the project to ensure that they find what they had in mind. Buyers interested in making sure their project is done right and that their intellectual property is protected will find the crowdspring service to be valuable.

Any buyer ready to get started on a logo design project or project will find the crowdspring platform to be both simple and straightforward, providing a good user experience. According to crowdspring, the average project receives around 100 entries, so the odds are good that you'll find a design you love.

4.8

Lisa Smith Littleton, CO

I'm glad I tried Crowdspring! I was hesitant to commit to a design that could come from anybody, but in the end I had several unique looks to choose from, any one of which would have been perfect for my project. The first few days were a little stressful while I waited for submissions, but then in the last two days I got a bunch of them in a flurry. As a new start up, the lowest tier was affordable and got good results. I got around 40 submissions and to be honest, that was plenty. I have read about people with higher rewards getting hundreds to choose from. That seems a little overwhelming to me, but with this number I was able to really interact with the creatives who showed up and get some excellent revisions. I requested an extension for 3 days to give time for a few of those revisions and it was no problem at all.

John Durham, NC

I highly recommend using Crowdspring for any of your creative design solutions and advertising. The team at Crowdspring and their massive pool of designers and arts can make any concept in your mind spring into vivid life right before your eyes. Crowdspring was the motivation I needed to achieve the perfect concept and design for my company logo. When I started with them, I had the feel of what I wanted and knew the applications I needed it for but had no idea how to shape it. Their easy-to-use process stepped me through simple guides in a way that was both intuitive and fun! In about a week I had the exact logo I was looking forward but hadn’t even known I was missing out on until they showed it to me! They were able to take an overwhelming task and make it something enjoyable and personal to me with almost no effort on my part. You can have as much or as little input on the project as you have time for. I found out about Crowdspring from a friend who had used them for his business and it’s turned out I’ll be using them for way more than my business needs. They can even make your tattoo dreams a reality! Big thank you to the Crowdspring team!

Kandice Anderson, SC

My experience was positive. The feedback that I received was very important for my business to move forward. I am currently working on the things that needed to change. I also loved that it was recorded and I could go back and look at the suggestions.

Concetta Ellis San Pedro, CA

Thank you Jason B. for your tips! I truly appreciate you taking the time to look at my site and email me a small presentation of what would make my website look more professional along with the new business email. Sincerely, Concetta Ellis Chet's Photo Art Gallery

Liz at CorpsAfrica Port Washington, NY

Crowdspring is a fantastic resource for low-budget companies to get high-quality design work. It's also fun working with the creatives. Crowdspring is well-organized and makes the process simple. We've used it several times and have always been a happy customer.

Jerry Kimberly, AL

The Crowdspring staff far surpassed my expectations. They were so knowledgeable and helpful. Because this was my first project, I had lots of questions. The rep, Audree, answered all of my questions and gave me the confidence in the process which led me to launch the project. The combination of such great customer service and a super talented Creative Community makes Crowdspring one of my favorite web-based services ever!

Christos

Thank you for a wonderful experience! The idea and the execution behind the designing process is excellent. That’s said regardless of whether I found a design that fit my needs. I would definitely recommend crowdspring to anyone.

Glenn Baltimore, MD

Truly amazed by the quantity and quality of the logo submissions that we received. Transaction was simple. The hardest part of the process was picking a winner! Award winner was outstanding in making minor modifications after the award. I highly recommend without any reservations.

Julio New York, NY

I have run three projects, one in 2009, 2011 and 2018. Each time I am amazed by crowdspring's genuine concern that I receive a great experience. These guys are real which is hard to find with internet companies.

Warren Best Henderson, NV

Crowdspring was great to deal with. Anytime I had an issue there was someone there to guide me. The creative did a great job for me and I get a lot of great feedback on my logo.

Jason Rolling Meadows, IL

Audree answered all of my questions and helped me get a lot of great designs. I was having a little trouble in the beginning and she stepped in to help. Highly recommend. Will use again.

Ashley Ulibarri Sandy, UT

I’ve been so impressed with the talent on crowdspring. I love getting to see many options for my project and the value for the quality of work you get is amazing.

Rachel Anderson Dallas, TX

Great results, easy process! Definitely a valuable experience

Shane Durango, CO

It was a fun and exciting process, which had a great end result with happy clients.

Dave Windham, NH

I would definitely use Crowdspring again. Great process and well thought out.

Catherine Basking Ridge, NJ

My new logo is awesome and I am so very excited to be using it!

Catherine Basking Ridge, NJ

My new logo is awesome and I am so very excited to be using it!

Michael

it's a great platform with great creatives.