Since its founding in 2014, FreedomPlus has aimed to create a unique and valuable personal loan experience for its customers. The lending company consistently does this by providing quality loans that meet individual needs through its sophisticated yet simple application and vetting process. FreedomPlus also provides professional advice through knowledgeable loan consultants and experts.

Jump down to FreedomPlus reviews to see what consumers have to say about this lender.

Megaphone Icon

Key Takeaways:

• Over 3/4ths of all the FreedomPlus reviews are five-star
  • A FreedomPlus personal loan extends up to $40,000
  • No pre-payment fees and flexible loan terms ranging from 2-5 years
  • One of the lowest credit score requirements in comparison to other personal loan companies
  • Unique services to help with credit card debt consolidation
  • Charges an origination fee between 0-4.99%
  • APR rate range from 7.99%–29.99% (As of June 2020)

The Good

• Quality Customer Service
  • Flexible Loan Terms
  • Same-Day Lending Decisions
  • FreedomPlus Reviews
  • Simple Loan Application Process
  • FreedomPlus Credit Score Requirement
  • Fixed-Rate Loan and Payments
  • Debt Consolidation Loans
  • No Prepayment Fees
  • FreedomPlus Max Personal Loan Amount

Quality Customer Service

FreedomPlus provides quality customer service to its borrowers primarily through its loan consultants. Customer service and loan consultants help you make the best financial decisions while balancing your financial needs.

The company offers a simple and easy-to-use form to start your loan process online and allows you to call when you start your application with any questions. Friendly and knowledgeable loan consultants and experts are able to assist you throughout your application. User reviews indicate these interactions are extremely valuable for potential customers. Customer service also handles complaints. There is little to no wait time for customer service.

Flexible Loan Terms

FreedomPlus has flexible loan terms ranging from two to five years. FreedomPlus also allows borrowers to pay off loans earlier than the loan due date, so your loan repayment can ultimately be as brief as you'd like. This could save you a great deal of money in interest fees if you decide to repay the loan before your official payoff date.

Same-Day Lending Decisions

FreedomPlus offers same-day loan decisions. However, this isn't guaranteed and will fluctuate based on your provided documentation, application verification, what time of day it is, etc. With error free applications you can expect the FreedomPlus loan process to be completed in as little as one day with funds to be made available within 48 hours. The process involves:

• Filling out the online application
  • Deciding on your loan amount and loan term
  • Waiting for a credit decision to be made
  • Uploading legal documentation and reviewing the loan contract
  • Receiving your personal loan funds

Having a quick loan decision from online lenders makes it faster and simpler for borrowers to find a personal loan that works best for them.

FreedomPlus Reviews

FreedomPlus has an exceptional star rating from consumers. Quality reviews demonstrate to consumers that FreedomPlus is a trustworthy and high-standard lender. Reviews highlight reasonable rates and fees, simple repayment options, and exceptional customer service. This can provide peace of mind to potential borrowers that FreedomPlus is a good choice for their personal loan needs.

Simple Loan Application Process

Receiving your loan as fast as possible is a highly desired feature for most, if not all, borrowers.

FreedomPlus's intuitive initial online application takes a few minutes at most. Simply select the loan amount you are looking to borrow, describe the reason for taking out the loan (home repairs, credit card refinancing, consolidation loans, etc.), submit your credit rating (based on your credit score), what state you live in, then your name and phone number or email address.

From there, a loan consultant will get in touch with you to complete the transaction. FreedomPlus has extremely fast approval and funding times. It can usually approve your loan and get the money in your hands in as little as three days. Your loan repayment term can range from 24 months–60 months, with rates from 5.99 percent APR–29.99 percent APR.

FreedomPlus Credit Score Requirement

If your credit history is less than perfect, FreedomPlus might be a good match. Unlike many competing lenders, at 620, FreedomPlus has a lower minimum credit score requirement. A 620 FICO score is below average for Americans, is considered bad credit or fair credit.

You will still receive better rates and repayment terms, the higher your credit score is, but a lower credit score requirement allows for a wider range of borrowers. Requirements of competing personal loan providers are generally higher:

• Best Egg minimum credit: 640
  • SoFi minimum credit: 680
  • Lending Club minimum credit: 699
  • Discover minimum credit: 750

Fixed-Rate Loan and Payments

FreedomPlus offers loans with an annual percentage rate from 5.99–29.99 percent, including the loan origination fee.  On top of that, it uses fixed monthly payments, so your monthly payment amount will never fluctuate. FreedomPlus also has fixed rates, so your APR will never be subject to change, as it can with a variable rate. This can provide peace of mind and stability to borrowers knowing the numbers they receive in the beginning will be the same throughout the lifespan of their loan.

Debt Consolidation Loans

If you are seeking personal loans for debt relief, its important to know that FreedomPlus helps with debt consolidation and debt settlement by working with creditors on your behalf. For example, if you are seeking a personal loan to help tackle credit card debt, FreedomPlus will exclude said credit card debt from your debt-to-income ratio and pay off the credit card once you are approved. This service can help you qualify for more money and make bill payments simple.

You could even qualify for rate discounts if you let FreedomPlus pay your creditors on your behalf, have retirement assets, or apply with a cosigner.

No Prepayment Fees

FreedomPlus does not charge any prepayment fees, regardless of when you decide to pay off your loan. This means you can pay off your loan anytime you want, regardless of your loan term. FreedomPlus also has fixed rate loans and one fixed monthly payment, so your APR will never fluctuate. This provides stability for borrowers and the opportunity to save money in interest charges if they want to pay off the loan early.

FreedomPlus Max Personal Loan Amount

FreedomPlus has a max personal loan amount of $40,000 with a minimum loan amount of $7,500. Funds are available within 48 hours of credit approval (at least a 620 credit score required), and the APR ranges between 5.99 percent and 29.99 percent. You can have a FreedomPlus personal loan for up to five years.

The Bad

Origination Fees

FreedomPlus charges an origination fee between 0-4.99% on its personal loans. While a fee like this isn't necessarily exorbitant for the industry, some industry leaders omit such processing fees from their loan applications altogether, but they are still quite common.

It is unclear how exactly FreedomPlus calculates its origination fees. On its website it states that, "origination fees are calculated on the final loan size and vary based on the interest rate and term selected." Make sure to talk with a representative at FreedomPlus so that you have a better idea of what this fee may look like for you.

The Bottom Line

The most important factor to consider when choosing between potential personal loan companies is whether their loan parameters meet your borrowing needs. In other words, does the length of the loan, interest rate, monthly installment payment, and borrowing amount match what you need in a loan?

FreedomPlus personal loans accept FICO scores starting at 620. They have wide parameters for interest rates, high loan amounts, quick approval times, flexible loan terms, and no hidden fees. Having a large number of positive reviews, FreedomPlus complaints are limited and customers highlight exceptional customer service, a painless loan process, and great loan rates.

FreedomPlus is a great option for your personal loan needs. Whether you're wanting to consolidate debt, cover home repairs, or fund other expenses, FreedomPlus is a quality lender.

*All loans available through FreedomPlus.com are made by Cross River Bank, a New Jersey State Chartered Commercial Bank, Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender. All loan and rate terms are subject to eligibility restrictions, application review, credit score, loan amount, loan term, lender approval, and credit usage and history. Eligibility for a loan is not guaranteed. Loans are not available to residents of all states – please call a FreedomPlus representative for further details. The following limitations, in addition to others, shall apply: FreedomPlus does not arrange loans in: (i) Arizona under $10,500; (ii) Massachusetts under $6,500, (iii) Ohio under $5,500, and (iv) Georgia under $3,500. Repayment periods range from 24 to 60 months. The range of APRs on loans made available through FreedomPlus is 5.99% to a maximum of 29.99%. APR. The APR calculation includes all applicable fees, including the loan origination fee. For Example, a four year $20,000 loan with an interest rate of 15.49% and corresponding APR of 18.34% would have an estimated monthly payment of $561.60 and a total cost payable of $7,948.13. To qualify for a 5.99% APR loan, a borrower will need excellent credit on a loan for an amount less than $14,000.00, and with a term equal to 24 months. Adding a co-borrower with sufficient income; using at least eighty-five percent (85%) of the loan proceeds to directly pay off qualifying existing debt; or showing proof of sufficient retirement savings, could help you qualify.

William Agbotse

June 22nd, 2019 Irvington, NJ

My thumb up for freedom plus in the financial system n I recommend my co workers

Angie

June 21st, 2019 Gilmer, TX

They were so helpful and went the extra mile to make sure I got the loan amount I needed at the lowest rate possible. They consistently stayed in touch and made sure I knew what was going on step by step.

carmen cedeno

June 21st, 2019 Franklin Park, IL

If there was a way to give more stars, I would have! Elisabeth S was courteous, patient and very helpful. This experience was very pleasant and it was all due to her.

James

June 21st, 2019 Old Forge, PA

Ericka was very helpful and worked to help me achieve the goals I need to reach. I was able to understand everything hse put forward and that meant allot.

Melia

June 20th, 2019 San Diego, CA

So far they have been amazing and so efficient in everything

CJ

June 20th, 2019 Riverside, NJ

Mr N was my agent and he made the entire process quick and easy. He made sure I understood every aspect of the details and responded quickly to emails. This was my first time applying for a loan like this and I am so grateful that I was able to have an experienced agent who took his time to make sure every question I had was answered in detail. The beginning process was easy and once I was pre approved the company works fast to ensure you receive the money. The company also has several other discounts that assist the applicant if he/ she qualifies for.

Samuel Aviles

June 20th, 2019 Randolph, MA

Step-by-step the procedure was all good appreciate your help and thank you to lower my interest on all my loans

Theresa Kitchen

June 19th, 2019 Caro, MI

Adan was wonderful! He was considerate of my credit card situation and worked hard to find the best possible loan for me. It was fast, efficient and done in less than 2 days! I would recommend this company again.

M Triggs

June 19th, 2019 North Brookfield, MA

I have no doubt as to your company’s outstanding reputation. I do wish that you would have checked the other two credit bureau sources. Finance agencies tend to take the lowest score which amps up the interest rates for the loan. Experian and trans union both have me in the 700’s other than two botched medical procedures totaling 14-1500.00 , I flat refused to pay! All my payments are paid on time and much more than the minimum! The truck, the car the house, any store accounts are cart blanch no missed or late payments - none! You get to a certain age when your Name and your Credit Rating are what matters most! I do my best at protecting both, so whereas I needed the loan and fast, you executed that swiftly. I signed for it and it’s mine! Do not expect me to be elated too! I would expect this will not be posted as a review, however I do hope the content is taken seriously!

Susan Matevosyan

June 19th, 2019 Glendale, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

After wasting my time for two weeks because their underwriting department was "busy" I got denial with no logical explanation. They verified my account with my bank twice, twice. It was like someone restarted the process there. I have never seen more idiots in my life. I would rather call tech support in India than these guys. I got approved at upstart in hours.

Carlos Brown

June 19th, 2019 Philadelphia, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had a wonderful experience with freedom plus excellent customer service I told him no problem and they found a way to help me manage my financial situation that fits me again I say thank you to freedom plus

Kevin

June 19th, 2019 Richland, WA

Excellent customer service from Serena.

Norman

June 18th, 2019 Venus, TX

I tried other ways to consolidate my debt and I was either turned down ,tagged along or given and interest rate that was unbelievable . I really had given up , but as I was putting away all my paperwork that was previously needed I heard on the radio about FreedomPlus . One phone call and I was approved that same day . Now I can breath . My debt is under control . THANKS FREEDOMPLUS !!!!!

Brian

June 18th, 2019 Miami Beach, FL

Fast, friendly, professional! Thanks FreedomPlus!

Larry

June 18th, 2019 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Serena C was Excellent!!!! She took care of everything for me!!

Jeremy

June 18th, 2019 Ypsilanti, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Once I got in touch with my agent, everything was completely smooth sailing. My options were clarified, along with any missing prerequisite information and what to expect in the procedure. None of that was readily apparent through the online portal, so 4 stars.

Kathy

June 17th, 2019 Anchorage, AK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They were exceptional and no pressure once i submitted requested info and signed documents the money was deposited within the next day. Awesome experience. Thanks FreemdomPus for making this a wonderful experience.

Roger

June 15th, 2019 Buford, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The process of acquiring a loan thru freedom plus was made easy by the customer service representative. They walked me thru from the beginning to end to make the experience fast and easy. I able to finish the loan with in three days.

Needed Help

June 13th, 2019 Pennsville, NJ

Amanda A- is & was excellent with helping me with my loan!!!! Thank you

Anna M.

June 12th, 2019 Boca Raton, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Dan R was very professional, answered all my questions, stayed patient while I learned the loan process and was a great person to work with! We are very pleased with our decision to receive a loan with his help.

Travis

June 11th, 2019 Little Rock, AR

I’ve had a great experience with FreedomPlus! I was denied by other companies for a consolidation loan and FreedomPlus helped me get back on my feet. Highly recommend!

Heather

June 10th, 2019 West Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The woman who helped me set up my loan was knowledgeable and very helpful. However one of my payments to my credit card company was four days late for a total of fourteen days after I signed the loan. Customer service always took more than 24 hours to reply and toward the end of that time didn’t reply at all to my lady two emails.

Rich

June 9th, 2019 Danvers, MA

Amanda was such a big help. She was very friendly, professional and explained all my options that were available. She was looking out for my best interest in helping me consolidate debt. Thank you very much Amanda

Riki

June 8th, 2019 Sandy, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Elizabeth is the best to work with! She is timely, professional and gives me options to figure out what’s best for my needs. I love working with her! Thank you for helping me out!

David

June 8th, 2019 Scottsdale, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Amanda is a true professional. She did a great job of explaining my options - it was evident she knows the details of the loans you offer. Her approach in wanting to understand my objective and going through the best options lead me to finding a loan I am very pleased with.

N.Smith

June 7th, 2019 Bowie, MD

Terrance was very helpful and insightful of this products. He was a great communicator and assisted me through a successful process. I would recommend him -anytime!

Eric Esbitt

June 7th, 2019 Newark, DE

Erika R was a pleasure to work with and very professional

Wade Jones

June 7th, 2019 Fort Worth, TX

Very professional in ever aspect of my experience.

Abby

June 7th, 2019 Coweta, OK

It was fast and easy and Debbie was so helpful

Jen Hoser

June 6th, 2019 Coatesville, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is my first experience with FreedomPlus and it went very smoothly. Once my application was submitted it took roughly 3 days to complete, quick turn around. Celeste L, my loan consultant, was amazing. She talked me through the entire process, was very attentive and overall just very pleasant to work with. FreedomPlus will pay your creditors directly, that can take up to 10 days. However I have the confidence this will be completed without issues.

Debra Cronin

June 5th, 2019 Galesburg, MI

Celeste was excellent . She went above and beyond to help me get the loan needed. I will definitely be referring her to my family who I need could benefit from Freedom Plus, most importantly Celeste's excellent customer service. She is a keeper. Thank you Freedom Plus

Tony Sowa

June 4th, 2019 Milford, PA

Debbi R was fantastic very helpful and knowledge about the process excellent job on her part

Larry beckett

June 3rd, 2019 San Diego, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The company was really helpful. They gave me many options and made me feel like they really care about solving my issue. The turn around in depositing my funds was very quick and follow up calls we caring and consistent.

Joseph Light

June 3rd, 2019 Baltimore, MD

Dan was patient and efficient in asking for the required documentation, and careful when explaining the terms of the loan we were applying for. We are trying to pay off my husband's credit cards as he is scheduled to retire in 7 years. We were so lucky to have worked with Dan as we strive to meet out long-term financial goals!

Brandy

June 2nd, 2019 Leesburg, FL

Very prompt, professional and friendly individuals

LWilliams

June 1st, 2019 Philadelphia, PA

Great customer service! Freedom Plus was able to give me a good rate in regards to consolidating my debt and paid the companies in less than 10 business days.

Kate

May 30th, 2019 Freeport, OH

Great! So fast and efficient. Amazed at how easy the process was.

Cm

May 30th, 2019 North Dartmouth, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Phone call asked for rate quick credit app and 48 hours money in my account. I recommend.

Chris from Michigan

May 30th, 2019 Saginaw, MI

Very good experience. Processed within a couple days. Very impressed. Debbie R extremely helpful, very knowledgeable and professional. Great service.

mario

May 28th, 2019 Dickinson, TX

Great service, easy process, helpful agent that got me the loan I needed.

David Engler

May 28th, 2019 Brecksville, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

You need to temper your quick trigger on past due notices. They really piss people off.

Shawn

May 28th, 2019 Naples, FL

Awesome customer service and would highly recommend for your loan consolidation needs.

Roger T Nickel

May 27th, 2019 Boynton Beach, FL

Your rep told me the prosper loan would be paid off AND THAT i WOULD NOT HAVE TO MAKE THE PAYMENT THIS MONTH. tHE LOAN HAS STILL NOT FUNDED AND THEY DID TAKE THE PAYMENT YESTERDAY

Whitney

May 25th, 2019 San Diego, CA

I had a great experience processing my loan with Freedom Plus. My Loan Consultant, Frania was extremely kind and personable, incredibly timely, did everything she could to give me the best rate possible and made the whole experience seem less and positive. I would highly recommend their products abd services.

Anna Adams

May 23rd, 2019 Waleska, GA

Application accepted quickly. Contract received quickly. Credit cards payed off/down quickly. Let me choose my due date for payments. Payments very close to what I was paying towards my credit cards but now only one payment at a very reduced finance charge. Thoroughly happy with Bharat and the whole procedure!!!

Derek

May 23rd, 2019 Watertown, MA

I really don’t know how to explain this other than it was perfect. I was scared, nervous, and overwhelmed before I spoke with Celeste who explained EVERYTHING as crystal clear as possible, and walked me through each step. I swear if everyone in the world was that nice we would t have wars. She had the patience and knowledge needed to get me to where I needed to be! I wish I could thank her more than just a survey

Stephen

May 23rd, 2019 Cynthiana, KY

It was a easy process . Excellent recommend to anyone

Darcie

May 22nd, 2019 Lexington, KY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This was very easy and effortless. It was a very smooth transaction and my things got paid off in a very timely manner. The representative that assisted me was extremely helpful and guided me every step of the way.

Will Newman

May 21st, 2019 Kyle, TX

Celeste made the entire transaction pleasant. I don't think that I could have worked with a nicer person. I want to send a huge Thank you to her.

Jose

May 21st, 2019 Worcester, MA

Amanda was great, she helped us every step of the way. Super easy and great customer service.