Since its founding in 2014, FreedomPlus has aimed to create a unique and valuable personal loan experience for its customers. The lending company consistently does this by providing quality loans that meet individual needs through its sophisticated yet simple application and vetting process. FreedomPlus also provides professional advice through knowledgeable loan consultants and experts.

Jump down to FreedomPlus reviews to see what consumers have to say about this lender.

Megaphone Icon

Key Takeaways:

• Over 3/4ths of all the FreedomPlus reviews are five-star
  • A FreedomPlus personal loan extends up to $40,000
  • No pre-payment fees and flexible loan terms ranging from 2-5 years
  • One of the lowest credit score requirements in comparison to other personal loan companies
  • Unique services to help with credit card debt consolidation
  • Charges an origination fee between 0-4.99%
  • APR rate range from 7.99%–29.99% (As of June 2020)

The Good

• Quality Customer Service
  • Flexible Loan Terms
  • Same-Day Lending Decisions
  • FreedomPlus Reviews
  • Simple Loan Application Process
  • FreedomPlus Credit Score Requirement
  • Fixed-Rate Loan and Payments
  • Debt Consolidation Loans
  • No Prepayment Fees
  • FreedomPlus Max Personal Loan Amount

Quality Customer Service

FreedomPlus provides quality customer service to its borrowers primarily through its loan consultants. Customer service and loan consultants help you make the best financial decisions while balancing your financial needs.

The company offers a simple and easy-to-use form to start your loan process online and allows you to call when you start your application with any questions. Friendly and knowledgeable loan consultants and experts are able to assist you throughout your application. User reviews indicate these interactions are extremely valuable for potential customers. Customer service also handles complaints. There is little to no wait time for customer service.

Flexible Loan Terms

FreedomPlus has flexible loan terms ranging from two to five years. FreedomPlus also allows borrowers to pay off loans earlier than the loan due date, so your loan repayment can ultimately be as brief as you'd like. This could save you a great deal of money in interest fees if you decide to repay the loan before your official payoff date.

Same-Day Lending Decisions

FreedomPlus offers same-day loan decisions. However, this isn't guaranteed and will fluctuate based on your provided documentation, application verification, what time of day it is, etc. With error free applications you can expect the FreedomPlus loan process to be completed in as little as one day with funds to be made available within 48 hours. The process involves:

• Filling out the online application
  • Deciding on your loan amount and loan term
  • Waiting for a credit decision to be made
  • Uploading legal documentation and reviewing the loan contract
  • Receiving your personal loan funds

Having a quick loan decision from online lenders makes it faster and simpler for borrowers to find a personal loan that works best for them.

FreedomPlus Reviews

FreedomPlus has an exceptional star rating from consumers. Quality reviews demonstrate to consumers that FreedomPlus is a trustworthy and high-standard lender. Reviews highlight reasonable rates and fees, simple repayment options, and exceptional customer service. This can provide peace of mind to potential borrowers that FreedomPlus is a good choice for their personal loan needs.

Simple Loan Application Process

Receiving your loan as fast as possible is a highly desired feature for most, if not all, borrowers.

FreedomPlus's intuitive initial online application takes a few minutes at most. Simply select the loan amount you are looking to borrow, describe the reason for taking out the loan (home repairs, credit card refinancing, consolidation loans, etc.), submit your credit rating (based on your credit score), what state you live in, then your name and phone number or email address.

From there, a loan consultant will get in touch with you to complete the transaction. FreedomPlus has extremely fast approval and funding times. It can usually approve your loan and get the money in your hands in as little as three days. Your loan repayment term can range from 24 months–60 months, with rates from 5.99 percent APR–29.99 percent APR.

FreedomPlus Credit Score Requirement

If your credit history is less than perfect, FreedomPlus might be a good match. Unlike many competing lenders, at 620, FreedomPlus has a lower minimum credit score requirement. A 620 FICO score is below average for Americans, is considered bad credit or fair credit.

You will still receive better rates and repayment terms, the higher your credit score is, but a lower credit score requirement allows for a wider range of borrowers. Requirements of competing personal loan providers are generally higher:

• Best Egg minimum credit: 640
  • SoFi minimum credit: 680
  • Lending Club minimum credit: 699
  • Discover minimum credit: 750

Fixed-Rate Loan and Payments

FreedomPlus offers loans with an annual percentage rate from 5.99–29.99 percent, including the loan origination fee.  On top of that, it uses fixed monthly payments, so your monthly payment amount will never fluctuate. FreedomPlus also has fixed rates, so your APR will never be subject to change, as it can with a variable rate. This can provide peace of mind and stability to borrowers knowing the numbers they receive in the beginning will be the same throughout the lifespan of their loan.

Debt Consolidation Loans

If you are seeking personal loans for debt relief, its important to know that FreedomPlus helps with debt consolidation and debt settlement by working with creditors on your behalf. For example, if you are seeking a personal loan to help tackle credit card debt, FreedomPlus will exclude said credit card debt from your debt-to-income ratio and pay off the credit card once you are approved. This service can help you qualify for more money and make bill payments simple.

You could even qualify for rate discounts if you let FreedomPlus pay your creditors on your behalf, have retirement assets, or apply with a cosigner.

No Prepayment Fees

FreedomPlus does not charge any prepayment fees, regardless of when you decide to pay off your loan. This means you can pay off your loan anytime you want, regardless of your loan term. FreedomPlus also has fixed rate loans and one fixed monthly payment, so your APR will never fluctuate. This provides stability for borrowers and the opportunity to save money in interest charges if they want to pay off the loan early.

FreedomPlus Max Personal Loan Amount

FreedomPlus has a max personal loan amount of $40,000 with a minimum loan amount of $7,500. Funds are available within 48 hours of credit approval (at least a 620 credit score required), and the APR ranges between 5.99 percent and 29.99 percent. You can have a FreedomPlus personal loan for up to five years.

The Bad

Origination Fees

FreedomPlus charges an origination fee between 0-4.99% on its personal loans. While a fee like this isn't necessarily exorbitant for the industry, some industry leaders omit such processing fees from their loan applications altogether, but they are still quite common.

It is unclear how exactly FreedomPlus calculates its origination fees. On its website it states that, "origination fees are calculated on the final loan size and vary based on the interest rate and term selected." Make sure to talk with a representative at FreedomPlus so that you have a better idea of what this fee may look like for you.

The Bottom Line

The most important factor to consider when choosing between potential personal loan companies is whether their loan parameters meet your borrowing needs. In other words, does the length of the loan, interest rate, monthly installment payment, and borrowing amount match what you need in a loan?

FreedomPlus personal loans accept FICO scores starting at 620. They have wide parameters for interest rates, high loan amounts, quick approval times, flexible loan terms, and no hidden fees. Having a large number of positive reviews, FreedomPlus complaints are limited and customers highlight exceptional customer service, a painless loan process, and great loan rates.

FreedomPlus is a great option for your personal loan needs. Whether you're wanting to consolidate debt, cover home repairs, or fund other expenses, FreedomPlus is a quality lender.

*All loans available through FreedomPlus.com are made by Cross River Bank, a New Jersey State Chartered Commercial Bank, Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender. All loan and rate terms are subject to eligibility restrictions, application review, credit score, loan amount, loan term, lender approval, and credit usage and history. Eligibility for a loan is not guaranteed. Loans are not available to residents of all states – please call a FreedomPlus representative for further details. The following limitations, in addition to others, shall apply: FreedomPlus does not arrange loans in: (i) Arizona under $10,500; (ii) Massachusetts under $6,500, (iii) Ohio under $5,500, and (iv) Georgia under $3,500. Repayment periods range from 24 to 60 months. The range of APRs on loans made available through FreedomPlus is 5.99% to a maximum of 29.99%. APR. The APR calculation includes all applicable fees, including the loan origination fee. For Example, a four year $20,000 loan with an interest rate of 15.49% and corresponding APR of 18.34% would have an estimated monthly payment of $561.60 and a total cost payable of $7,948.13. To qualify for a 5.99% APR loan, a borrower will need excellent credit on a loan for an amount less than $14,000.00, and with a term equal to 24 months. Adding a co-borrower with sufficient income; using at least eighty-five percent (85%) of the loan proceeds to directly pay off qualifying existing debt; or showing proof of sufficient retirement savings, could help you qualify.

Doug Fields

August 5th, 2019 Sharpsburg, GA

Highly professional, extremely knowledgeable, and excellent customer service!!!!

Heike

August 5th, 2019 Spokane, WA

Very professional help and provide you with quick service.

Sean Robinson

August 2nd, 2019 Louisa, VA

I can only go by the beginning stages since i havent even made my first payment but can say they are fast at getting what you need and paying the debts you needed paid off. My only draw back would with the APR. Stated it would be 16.2 but after not paying close attention after i signed everything it was actually 19.2. A little devious but still happy since the loans they paid off were much higher.

Ken G

August 2nd, 2019 Raleigh, NC

I’m glad I decided to go with Freedom Plus. Erwin , the person I spoke with was very professional and kind. He helped me through the whole process with ease. Thanks Erwin. I also received my money in 3 business days. Fast and easy. Look forward to being a continuing customer.

Lindsey Wenger

August 2nd, 2019 Flagstaff, AZ

Very helpful staff throughout the process. Quick speedy process. Payment was delivered fast as promised.

Steven Grever

August 1st, 2019 Cibolo, TX

Amanda was incredibly knowledgeable, patient, and extremely easy to work with. She helped us get the right loan with the right terms too. Thanks Amanda!

Joy G Mitchell

August 1st, 2019 Bowie, MD

This was a very efficient process - my representative, Elizabeth, was very detailed and informative through out the entire process. I really appreciate that...

Charles

August 1st, 2019 Laurel, MD

The process was simple and fast. The loan service consultant was extremely professional and helpful throughout.

Don Jenkins

July 31st, 2019 Semmes, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Freedom Plus has been exceptional to deal with. I am so pleased with the service. A flat rate that is automatically deducted from my checking account and I don’t have to worry about it . I will never borrow money from anyone else but Freedom Plus. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for help with getting their finances back on track.

Desjanae Jones

July 31st, 2019 Tolleson, AZ

Great customer service. Gave me all the information I requested, worked with me on the payment and range I needed. Couldn't ask for anything more

Jed and Brandy Ritter

July 31st, 2019 Corpus Christi, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ronald w was very helpful aaannnd intensive along the process. He got us what we were looking for and a great plan! If every one ritterjed the way he does people shouldn't be so nervous about the hassle they have to deal with as that's not the case at all working with Ronald. Best experience we've had was working with Ronald W! Highly recommend adding directly for him

Leo S.

July 30th, 2019 Cincinnati, OH

After experiencing an unexpected illness in our family we faced some very painful realities, both physically and financially. Our hardships became much easier to maintain and sustain thanks to the abilty to receive an unsecured loan through Freedom Plus. After answering a few brief questions online, I was immediately contacted via telephone by Josh who became a joy to work with. He listened patiently and worked very diligently at finding me terms I could live with. From the initial contact on the evening of July 15th until the final creditor received payment on July 30th, Freedom Plus had my back. I had my loan in full, and my submitted list of creditors paid off, allowing me to be wise and avoid paying countless years of burdensome and foolish interest rates without ever making a dent in the principal amount. Both Josh and his Manager Brian were a blessing at what I had deemed to be a hopeless outcome. The resource Freedom Plus and their Associates has restored my sanity and self respect to press on and face the difficult road that lies ahead. I can't tell you how much I appreciate this company and their Team for helping during this personal crisis.

Jean

July 30th, 2019 Chimayo, NM DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I searched for personal loans and no one would actually talk to me. Brandi @ FreedomPlus not only spoke to me but worked with me! I felt like a real customer and that I mattered. The whole process did not take more than 5 working days. It was fast! Most importantly I was treated well.

sean hall

July 30th, 2019 Newport News, VA

Quality of service excellent answered my questions and explained in detail the REQ.

Julio Garcia

July 30th, 2019 San Bernardino, CA

Me and my wife started to feel like we were drowning in debt, thankfully FreedomPlus was able to consolidate our debt allowing us to have one single payment over half a dozen of payments. The staff were very friendly and supportive every step of the way. We highly recommend FreedomPlus to anyone who wants to consolidate debt. Thank you.

Jeanette

July 29th, 2019 Bridgeport, TX

Debora R was very helpful and knowledgeable and always kept us informed in what she was doing. She helped us out tremendously.

Rachel

July 29th, 2019 Saint Charles, IL

Our representative, Celeste, was beyond helpful. She explained things thoroughly and provided follow thru were needed. Really she was top notch customer service. The whole process was very efficient. I hope the customer service remains on par as it was with Celeste.

Lisa

July 29th, 2019 Tucson, AZ

Amanda A in the Phoenix office was amazing to work with. She walked me through the process, was attentive to my needs and just overall professional. I feel like I have the loan I need and am happy that I choose FreedomPlus to work with.

Chisty

July 29th, 2019 Jesup, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very Friendly, Very informative, Overall great experiance with our agent.

Gary

July 29th, 2019 Christiansburg, VA

After looking into consolidating our credit cards and some small loans it became apparent that when others say your pre approved doesn’t mean your approved at all. It’s different with Freedom Plus. When others said no because of your debt. Well isn’t that why I’m contacting you and trying to do a consolidation loan. Freedom Plus went right to work and approved us and the amount we needed plus more if we wanted. I would highly recommend them. They were extremely pleasant to deal with and quick with the process. She said the debt we included would be paid in about ten days, but actually only took about a week. I’ll definitely come back if I need to. Thanks Gary

Ricky perry

July 29th, 2019 Evans, GA

Ryan B was very helpful. The best part about his service was. Not being pushy, answering all questions that we had to the best of his ability. Worked with us on the options we had and got us the rate we was looking for.

Minerva Guerra

July 26th, 2019 Brownsville, TX

I am in awe of the caliber of service I received from my loan officer! Ronnie was extremely knowledgeable, professional, and courteous! The loan process was extremely easy and quick. I have no complains.

Alice poore

July 26th, 2019 Antioch, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Freedom plus! Just saying that alone is what you're going to get. This is one of the best companies that we've gone to for help in need to consolidate and pay off our debts. Very helpful and knowledgeable. Thank you Freedom plus, for helping us second time around!

James Vance Andrews

July 26th, 2019 Chesapeake, VA

Great service from Jamie, who was very informative in helping us with the loan process. She was very detailed in financing the consolidated loan and she was very pleasant throughout the entire process.

Kerri Smaridge

July 25th, 2019 Mayo, FL

Fast and friendly . No pressure at all and I was able to pick my payment amount time to repay and date of each monthly payment. Just the best easiest way to borrow money. THANK YOU TO JOHN who helped me all the way through.

Kay Ollila

July 25th, 2019 Ishpeming, MI

Your the only ones that would help me. Thank you

Rich Handschuh

July 24th, 2019 Montpelier, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Website username and password doesn't work most of the time. I have saved it several times and each month it says they don't match. Then I have to call and make payment which they charge a fee for. Not very user friendly.

Shelly

July 24th, 2019 Sarcoxie, MO

The customer service is amazing. The whole process was painless and very quick. I would definitely recommend Freedom Plus

chloe orzio

July 24th, 2019 Newport Beach, CA

everyone was friendly, timely and this was the easiest thing I have done.

robert gomez

July 23rd, 2019 Claremont, CA

Maria was great. The loan process was simple and timely. Maria did a great job and I am super happy!!

Darlene Strong

July 23rd, 2019 Palmetto, FL

Amanda took us through each step making the process effortless and simple.

Teresa jobes

July 23rd, 2019 Sacramento, CA

Amanda was extremely knowledgeable and great to work with.

Taushecks

July 23rd, 2019 Soquel, CA

Adan was amazingly helpful. He worked very hard to make this loan work for us! He worked around obstacles and really went to bat for us. He made this work to fit our requirements. We couldn’t be more grateful!

Kenneth H Duerr

July 23rd, 2019 Reading, PA

Fast approval, very professional agent!!

Anna

July 23rd, 2019 Naples, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ervis explained everything with great detail and was always available when I needed him or had questions. It was a pleasure working with him. I will send my parents to take care of some bills knowing they're in great hands. Thank you again.

Donald Ritchey

July 23rd, 2019 Valparaiso, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Bobby was awesome. Everything went smooth and quickly. Thanks so much.

Jessica Faustino

July 22nd, 2019 San Diego, CA

Easy process and very friendly rep too!

TONYA LYNN AMBROSE

July 19th, 2019 Ridgeville, SC

Celeste was amazing and followed through with everything. Such a great experience! I would recommend them to anyone.

Steven and Christina Grever

July 19th, 2019 Cibolo, TX

Amanda A was amazing by not only her customer service but by helping us understand all of our questions and helping us improve our credit.

Xavier Padilla

July 19th, 2019 Brownsville, TX

Elizabeth S, my Senior Loan Consultant, was wonderful and helped me every way possible. She was very patient and explained everything with ease. I would definitely recommend her to anyone. She deserves recognition for all her hard work.

JOE ABALOS

July 19th, 2019 Beaumont, TX

It was a great experience working with our representative Dan R | Loan Consultant. He did a great job explaining the benefits we will get out of using Freedom plus. .

Teri M.

July 19th, 2019 Valley Springs, CA

It was very smooth experience, no problems!

David

July 19th, 2019 Albuquerque, NM

Overall a very good decision to go with FreedomPlus. It Didn't take long to apply, they gave us an answer right away.

UnhappyDan

July 17th, 2019 Westminster, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Extremely dishonest! They charge interest on a continual basis. They charged me a $15 fee because they used the wrong bank account number when trying to withdraw an extra payment! Go see Louie the Loan Shark, you'll get treated better!

Saben Hinckley

July 17th, 2019 Chicago, IL

Terrence C was great, he walked me through the math of everything, made sure I understood the benefits of this loan vs. my credit card debt i.e. fixed vs Standard interest. We especially appreciated him looking at each of our Card balances and showing us how to tell how long and how much interest they would be charging. All in all, very happy with service. If this guy is under consideration for a promotion or bonus, Id say based off his work with us he deserves it.

Murali Reddy

July 17th, 2019 Warsaw, IN

Very simple and satisfying process. Thanks for Daniel R

Patrick Howard

July 17th, 2019 Garrison, TX

This is the worst company to work with. I had to fight for a week to get my money that your company messed up. I am telling everyone to avoid this company. I went through 5 people before I got someone who cared enough to fix it. Her name was rebecca.

Darrell

July 17th, 2019 San Juan Capistrano, CA

Excellent experience. Elizabeth is amazing and I look forward to working with her and FreedonPlus in the future. Thank you!

Andre L.

July 17th, 2019 Chester, VA

My experience was great, thanks to Debbie R, She made the process easy and quick. I will be recommending FreedomPlus to all of my family and friends!

Mr. Fleming

July 16th, 2019 Vallejo, CA

This was straight forward, no nonsense, process. I had been dealing with several companies and it seemed to always be some catch. Jaime provided me with all my answers that I had told me what he could do for me and did it. Thank you so much! Looking forward to our next venture.