Since its founding in 2014, FreedomPlus has aimed to create a unique and valuable personal loan experience for its customers. The lending company consistently does this by providing quality loans that meet individual needs through its sophisticated yet simple application and vetting process. FreedomPlus also provides professional advice through knowledgeable loan consultants and experts.

Jump down to FreedomPlus reviews to see what consumers have to say about this lender.

Megaphone Icon

Key Takeaways:

• Over 3/4ths of all the FreedomPlus reviews are five-star
  • A FreedomPlus personal loan extends up to $40,000
  • No pre-payment fees and flexible loan terms ranging from 2-5 years
  • One of the lowest credit score requirements in comparison to other personal loan companies
  • Unique services to help with credit card debt consolidation
  • Charges an origination fee between 0-4.99%
  • APR rate range from 7.99%–29.99% (As of June 2020)

The Good

• Quality Customer Service
  • Flexible Loan Terms
  • Same-Day Lending Decisions
  • FreedomPlus Reviews
  • Simple Loan Application Process
  • FreedomPlus Credit Score Requirement
  • Fixed-Rate Loan and Payments
  • Debt Consolidation Loans
  • No Prepayment Fees
  • FreedomPlus Max Personal Loan Amount

Quality Customer Service

FreedomPlus provides quality customer service to its borrowers primarily through its loan consultants. Customer service and loan consultants help you make the best financial decisions while balancing your financial needs.

The company offers a simple and easy-to-use form to start your loan process online and allows you to call when you start your application with any questions. Friendly and knowledgeable loan consultants and experts are able to assist you throughout your application. User reviews indicate these interactions are extremely valuable for potential customers. Customer service also handles complaints. There is little to no wait time for customer service.

Flexible Loan Terms

FreedomPlus has flexible loan terms ranging from two to five years. FreedomPlus also allows borrowers to pay off loans earlier than the loan due date, so your loan repayment can ultimately be as brief as you'd like. This could save you a great deal of money in interest fees if you decide to repay the loan before your official payoff date.

Same-Day Lending Decisions

FreedomPlus offers same-day loan decisions. However, this isn't guaranteed and will fluctuate based on your provided documentation, application verification, what time of day it is, etc. With error free applications you can expect the FreedomPlus loan process to be completed in as little as one day with funds to be made available within 48 hours. The process involves:

• Filling out the online application
  • Deciding on your loan amount and loan term
  • Waiting for a credit decision to be made
  • Uploading legal documentation and reviewing the loan contract
  • Receiving your personal loan funds

Having a quick loan decision from online lenders makes it faster and simpler for borrowers to find a personal loan that works best for them.

FreedomPlus Reviews

FreedomPlus has an exceptional star rating from consumers. Quality reviews demonstrate to consumers that FreedomPlus is a trustworthy and high-standard lender. Reviews highlight reasonable rates and fees, simple repayment options, and exceptional customer service. This can provide peace of mind to potential borrowers that FreedomPlus is a good choice for their personal loan needs.

Simple Loan Application Process

Receiving your loan as fast as possible is a highly desired feature for most, if not all, borrowers.

FreedomPlus's intuitive initial online application takes a few minutes at most. Simply select the loan amount you are looking to borrow, describe the reason for taking out the loan (home repairs, credit card refinancing, consolidation loans, etc.), submit your credit rating (based on your credit score), what state you live in, then your name and phone number or email address.

From there, a loan consultant will get in touch with you to complete the transaction. FreedomPlus has extremely fast approval and funding times. It can usually approve your loan and get the money in your hands in as little as three days. Your loan repayment term can range from 24 months–60 months, with rates from 5.99 percent APR–29.99 percent APR.

FreedomPlus Credit Score Requirement

If your credit history is less than perfect, FreedomPlus might be a good match. Unlike many competing lenders, at 620, FreedomPlus has a lower minimum credit score requirement. A 620 FICO score is below average for Americans, is considered bad credit or fair credit.

You will still receive better rates and repayment terms, the higher your credit score is, but a lower credit score requirement allows for a wider range of borrowers. Requirements of competing personal loan providers are generally higher:

• Best Egg minimum credit: 640
  • SoFi minimum credit: 680
  • Lending Club minimum credit: 699
  • Discover minimum credit: 750

Fixed-Rate Loan and Payments

FreedomPlus offers loans with an annual percentage rate from 5.99–29.99 percent, including the loan origination fee.  On top of that, it uses fixed monthly payments, so your monthly payment amount will never fluctuate. FreedomPlus also has fixed rates, so your APR will never be subject to change, as it can with a variable rate. This can provide peace of mind and stability to borrowers knowing the numbers they receive in the beginning will be the same throughout the lifespan of their loan.

Debt Consolidation Loans

If you are seeking personal loans for debt relief, its important to know that FreedomPlus helps with debt consolidation and debt settlement by working with creditors on your behalf. For example, if you are seeking a personal loan to help tackle credit card debt, FreedomPlus will exclude said credit card debt from your debt-to-income ratio and pay off the credit card once you are approved. This service can help you qualify for more money and make bill payments simple.

You could even qualify for rate discounts if you let FreedomPlus pay your creditors on your behalf, have retirement assets, or apply with a cosigner.

No Prepayment Fees

FreedomPlus does not charge any prepayment fees, regardless of when you decide to pay off your loan. This means you can pay off your loan anytime you want, regardless of your loan term. FreedomPlus also has fixed rate loans and one fixed monthly payment, so your APR will never fluctuate. This provides stability for borrowers and the opportunity to save money in interest charges if they want to pay off the loan early.

FreedomPlus Max Personal Loan Amount

FreedomPlus has a max personal loan amount of $40,000 with a minimum loan amount of $7,500. Funds are available within 48 hours of credit approval (at least a 620 credit score required), and the APR ranges between 5.99 percent and 29.99 percent. You can have a FreedomPlus personal loan for up to five years.

The Bad

Origination Fees

FreedomPlus charges an origination fee between 0-4.99% on its personal loans. While a fee like this isn't necessarily exorbitant for the industry, some industry leaders omit such processing fees from their loan applications altogether, but they are still quite common.

It is unclear how exactly FreedomPlus calculates its origination fees. On its website it states that, "origination fees are calculated on the final loan size and vary based on the interest rate and term selected." Make sure to talk with a representative at FreedomPlus so that you have a better idea of what this fee may look like for you.

The Bottom Line

The most important factor to consider when choosing between potential personal loan companies is whether their loan parameters meet your borrowing needs. In other words, does the length of the loan, interest rate, monthly installment payment, and borrowing amount match what you need in a loan?

FreedomPlus personal loans accept FICO scores starting at 620. They have wide parameters for interest rates, high loan amounts, quick approval times, flexible loan terms, and no hidden fees. Having a large number of positive reviews, FreedomPlus complaints are limited and customers highlight exceptional customer service, a painless loan process, and great loan rates.

FreedomPlus is a great option for your personal loan needs. Whether you're wanting to consolidate debt, cover home repairs, or fund other expenses, FreedomPlus is a quality lender.

*All loans available through FreedomPlus.com are made by Cross River Bank, a New Jersey State Chartered Commercial Bank, Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender. All loan and rate terms are subject to eligibility restrictions, application review, credit score, loan amount, loan term, lender approval, and credit usage and history. Eligibility for a loan is not guaranteed. Loans are not available to residents of all states – please call a FreedomPlus representative for further details. The following limitations, in addition to others, shall apply: FreedomPlus does not arrange loans in: (i) Arizona under $10,500; (ii) Massachusetts under $6,500, (iii) Ohio under $5,500, and (iv) Georgia under $3,500. Repayment periods range from 24 to 60 months. The range of APRs on loans made available through FreedomPlus is 5.99% to a maximum of 29.99%. APR. The APR calculation includes all applicable fees, including the loan origination fee. For Example, a four year $20,000 loan with an interest rate of 15.49% and corresponding APR of 18.34% would have an estimated monthly payment of $561.60 and a total cost payable of $7,948.13. To qualify for a 5.99% APR loan, a borrower will need excellent credit on a loan for an amount less than $14,000.00, and with a term equal to 24 months. Adding a co-borrower with sufficient income; using at least eighty-five percent (85%) of the loan proceeds to directly pay off qualifying existing debt; or showing proof of sufficient retirement savings, could help you qualify.

Peter D

October 19th, 2016

Very professional customer service. Will recommend for anyone. Exceeded my expectations. Hope others come to this standards. Ask for Justin H. R.

Larry Cochrane

October 19th, 2016

Very fast & friendly service. I thought the interest rate was fairly high. 21,48%, but we needed the money for home improvements.

jgreen

October 18th, 2016 Aurora, IL

Can't get a hold of anyone! When you call the customer service phone you have to leave a message.

E Marrone

October 17th, 2016 Mahwah, NJ

The process was simple and easy to get through. The service rep I dealt with was Ozzie, and he was very professional.

Margarita M Araya

October 17th, 2016 Gatlinburg, TN

This is the worse company I saw in my lifetime, they take advantage of the desperate need of a financial situation, 5 months ago I got approved for a loan for 15k with an interest of almost 27% and I don't have a bad credit, but when I realized the interest I told the agent that I did not want it under those conditions and he said it was already approved and down the road we could revisit and see if they could lower the interest, I paid for 5 months $453.00 and I recently got a loan from my TDB at a 9% interest, and when I got the payoff it was @14,992 after 5 months of payment of $453.00 what a rip- off .

Donald L Chambers

October 17th, 2016

Recent transactions I had to result two checks from my checking account which led to a $15 service fee in addition to my monthly payment which I am very unhappy about and when I talk to the operator was rude and very unprofessional

Carrie

October 7th, 2016 Atlanta, GA

I don't like your billing process. I don't have enough flexibility in scheduling or making payments myself. Also I'm not receiving monthly emails regarding my statements. They are not consistent. I received one this month. I have to go into the account monthly to keep up with the payments.

[email protected]

October 7th, 2016 Waseca, MN

I called on a Monday to ask for a loan and I received my money on Thursday. The fastest easiest process I've every dealt with. Professional people to work with. Answered all question with ease also gave me 4 option to choose from. Great company! Brooke was great!

Russell Lewis

October 7th, 2016

Customer Service was great, thing was exp;lain to me in away i could understand..

joseph silerto

October 7th, 2016 New York, NY

Ozzy was great and helped me through the process. He kept me well informed about how it all works. Two thumbs up!

Jose Perez

October 7th, 2016 Los Angeles, CA

Great experience! Osvaldo/Ozzy and team made things simple and easy for me to get the funds I asked for. Great costumer service!

Judy

October 7th, 2016 Lake Havasu City, AZ

Danny was excellent. was in process of choosing different lender till he called us. The whole process was simple, once they received the documents they requested we signed next day. I would highly recommend FreedomPluss, ask for Danny.

L Hamilton

September 26th, 2016 Seattle, WA

Just wanted to thank Osvaldo for his excellent customer service. He was proactive, professional and friendly, and was able to help me negotiate the process of co-applicant very quickly. My sister, who took out the loan, seemed to be very happy with the customer service, and quick confirmation of the loan. Thank you for you assistance

RLM

September 26th, 2016 Port Saint Lucie, FL

Our representative Mario was extremely helpful, courteous and knowledgeable! He explained exactly what to expect, and was very patient while helping us through the loan application process. We are new to Freedom Plus, but believe this loan program will help us finally pay off our credit card debt. Thanks Mario for your great customer service!

Cindy Collins

September 26th, 2016 Salisbury, MD

I need a loan for medical payments at this time

Ceceil Belong

September 24th, 2016 Silver Spring, MD

Finally I found a company whose underwriters valued my creditworthiness. The Senior Loan Consultant was very effective in helping me to get the loan application processed. The electronic process was simple and requested documentation was easy to provide. It was definitely the best experience I have ever had when applying and getting a personal loan!

Tina

September 23rd, 2016 Gainesville, FL

I had asked for my term to be changed. It's still in the funding status. Nothing was changing except for term and payment. I emailed my rep at 12:41, he called back at 1pm and said he would look into it. Called me back later on the afternoon and said he would look into it and then received an email that it couldn't be done since in the funding stage. It's still not funded so I don't understand why a change in terms can't be done. It's not that difficult. Then I was told again about refinancing in 8 mos. Why would I want to pay another loan fee?

Preston Bellaire

September 16th, 2016 Altamonte Springs, FL

Ozziy was courteous and very informative to help me get the best deal for me. His follow up was great and well appreciated:-)

Audrey ODonald

September 16th, 2016 Washington, DC

Freedom was supposed to payoff another loan for me. I was told the payment would be sent FedEx. Instead, they sent it regular mail and I had to pay interest on the other loan plus this new loan for 2 weeks. Worst customer service ever. Bait and switch. They are extremely nice during the application process and then once you sign your loan documents, they treat you like garbage. I will be re-financing this loan through another lender as soon as I am able.

Jose Sujo

September 15th, 2016 Rialto, CA

Quick and easy loan process. Helpful and courteous service. Excellent experience.

Rose McGrath

September 8th, 2016 Newport News, VA

Brain was fantastic. I was so upset before I talk to him, and he help walk me though ever thing. Great personality.

John G. Ambrose

September 7th, 2016 San Diego, CA

I've been unable to view my statement from day one. It always says invalid username or password. I have even talked with an associate who walked me through it and she couldn't get me through either. I guess that this is ;just progress and some of us just have to live with the fact that certain information doesn't belong to you anymore. Have fun with my money . Call me when it's over, or I'll never know. Thanks, I think.

gm

September 7th, 2016 Gloucester, VA

Its funny to see these reviews from people with "new" loans from freedom. let me warn you now this "loan "company is the biggest rip-off I've ever had to deal with. thank god my loan with this place has been paid off. every aspect of this place just screams waste my money. if anyone is thinking of getting a loan here please do yourself a favor and go elsewhere. I regret ever pulling the trigger and getting a loan here. I learned a very expensive lesson. if you want to waste thousands of dollars this is the place to do it. once you "new" folks see how things operate here you will change your opinion, I guarantee it.

KL

September 3rd, 2016 Schaumburg, IL

I highly recommend Freedom Plus. Ozzy provided excellent customer service and was super efficient in processing my loan. I am saving over $2K in interest by consolidating to this loan. The loan was processed within one day and the lenders were paid within a week! It was very easy and a fabulous experience!! I will definitely use this company again in the future!!

Antoine A. King

September 2nd, 2016 North East, MD

Freedom Plus was wonderful, they where patient with us getting our paper work together and took care of our loan with ease. And more Important they were able to keep our interest rate down with in reason! We look forward to a lasting relationship.

Tom S.

August 29th, 2016 Woodbridge, VA

Jesse was great to work with, he explained everything and was very patient when I almost blew our agreement.

Yolanda R.

August 29th, 2016 Hanover, MD

Kelly was very knowlegeable and helpful. The process wasn't tedious and drawn out. He walked us through everything with patience.

Jeremy

August 29th, 2016 Kansas City, MO

Osvaldo was very helpful and answered any questions I had with a quick response. Very good customer service.

Anita Van Dam

August 29th, 2016 Macomb, MI

Ozzie was very knowledgeable and helpful. He & Freedom plus are appreciated for their help in such a timely manner.

Victoria Matthews Waller

August 26th, 2016 Ashtabula, OH

Scott Lawless and Freedom Plus are trustworthy, professional, and go above and beyond to help people like me struggling under debt to see a light at the end of the tunnel where we will be able to be financially secure in a reasonable time at an amount we afford. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Scott Lawless and Freedom Plus you rate an A+++!

Virgil Tucker

August 25th, 2016

Scott *** did an outstanding job assisting me through this process. Thank you for all the help and understanding! It was a great experience!

Sherry Aronson Guengerich

August 25th, 2016 Sarasota, FL

Basil *** was awesome! He helped me decide whether I wanted to do debt settlement or consolidation. After 1 week doing debt consolidation my credit score went up over 50 points??

Sam N.

August 24th, 2016 Abbeville, LA

Scott was great. He is a fellow car guy and understood what I needed. Especially on a first time loan. Great talking with him.

Jessica Gotto

August 19th, 2016 Spencer, IA

Brian was absolutely amazing to work with. He was courteous, knowledgable and FAST! I worked with him and everything was done in 24 hours!! He explained everything in detail in terms I understood! I would HIGHLY recommend!

Efrain Santiago Jr

August 18th, 2016 Bayonne, NJ

Scott was awesome and delivered great customer service.

AnnaG

August 14th, 2016

Fast approval and very professional customer service. Thank you.

Mike

August 10th, 2016 Las Vegas, NV

Was "pre-approved" for 10k @ 17.12APR. Called to set up loan and was denied, resulting in a hard pull. Zero delinquent accounts, zero negatives on report, and more than enough income to pay off loan. Huge waste of time.

HMC

August 6th, 2016 West Covina, CA

Freedom Plus promises to fund your loan in 48 hours according to their advertisement on their website BUT this is not the case for us. We were approved for a debt consolidation loan. The loan officer was okay with communication when the loan was not finalized yet but after the contract was signed and submitted I never heard from him again. Tried to email him a couple of times 3 days after the contract was signed but he never responded again. Not like when he was trying to convince us to accept the loan offer he was giving us. This is frustrating because he promised us that the creditors should get the payment in 3 DAYS but 4 days have past and I have not heard from anyone yet. I even emailed customer support but no response as well. So far, we are NOT satisfied with the services. We regret accepting the loan offer and wished we went somewhere else instead.

Charles Clayborn

August 4th, 2016 Lancaster, CA

Really gave me the run around, was collecting documents for almost a month and each time I provided the documents asked for, the promise of the contract to sign was given,only to be followed by more requests for more documentation. Then finally the loan request was denied. Credit score of 738. They really wasted my time.

Clayton Orsak

August 3rd, 2016 Houston, TX

I delt with Ozzy and was very pleased. He got me the rate I was looking for and did so very quickly. Was very impressed with doing business with him.

Jason Fox

July 29th, 2016 Hazleton, PA

Very fast and easy to apply. Josh was great.

kevin kustka

July 29th, 2016 Franklin, MA

no one gets back to me. kevin

Linda Stephens

July 28th, 2016 Fort Worth, TX

I called to see if I could get a personal loan. My loan officer is Ozzy. He is fantastic!! Very kind & knowledgeable about the whole procedure. Clear in all terminology. Good personality and easy to work with. I had my answer in just a few minutes. Thank you Ozzy for all your help!!

suzanne osenbaugh

July 26th, 2016 Northwood, OH

I started in May I believe to refinance my home. Joseph was the first person I spoke with at your company. I thought I was done with my part of getting you papers, signing papers, etc. Well, someone dropped the ball after they spoke with a lady in the HR department of my work. So, I called Joseph again and asked what is going on. Well, again, (like a fool) I fell for Carly telling me everything is going well. Then I am supposed to send her certain papers and I did. Well, she never received them. Then on last Friday she said she was going to send me an overnight mailer so I could send my papers back. It is now Monday evening and I still have NOT received the mailer. I called her this morning to tell her and she never returned my call. Then I get a message from some guy named Ryan who is helping Carly today. No response on the message I left her or about the mailer. So, I get home tonight, and some gentleman is on the phone wanting a 3 party conference about my loan. The whole time I have EVER spoke with Joseph and Carly has been on my cell phone. Those are the numbers I have used. Why call me on my house phone when you have my cell number. I am a very nice person whom is normally very patient., but this is going on far to long and I my patience are becoming thin. May I just refinance on my loan and be over it already. I have taken ownership of the wrong doings on my end, I just want to get this over. Please have someone who knows what is going on call me and treat me like I matter instead of when you feel like calling me back. Thank you. Suzanne Osenbaugh

Lorna Cando

July 25th, 2016 Clifton, NJ

The loan process was very simple. Customer service was exceptional. . My loan representative Brian was very professional and explained everything. All transactions were done electronically , so convenient. I would definitely recommend freedom plus.

Tony Barclay

July 22nd, 2016 Washington, DC

[EMPLOYEE NAME REMOVED] service was superb. He was courteous, knowledgeable and very articulate in explaining the terms and conditions of the loan. The transaction lasted only for about 10 minutes and I received the loan in my bank account as timely in a few days as he had promised. He exemplified admirable professionalism. Tony Barclay July 21, 2016

Jean C

July 22nd, 2016 Gilbert, AZ

I was leery as a first time borrower but Nancy was extremely helpful and explained everything so well, I felt comfortable taking a loan from FreedomPlus. I even found out that her office was here in Arizona. She was courteous, knowledgeable and easy to talk to. The loan process was fast & efficient. I felt the terms of the loan were also reasonable. I had first looked into a car Title Loan and thank goodness I didn't take that route! I highly recommend FreedomPlus and hopefully you'll get to work with Nancy. Can't thank her and them enough!

Asif Karbhari

July 22nd, 2016 Herndon, VA

I was helped out by Cristian and he was amazing. He was a man of his word. Meaning, there were times where he had to call me back and would never fail to keep his word. He stayed late during his working hours to make sure that my Loan application process was completed and I was comfortable with all the terms. I do not call in for such loan application a lot, but this was a great experience and would like to work with Cris again if need be or recommend his name to any of my friends if they need a loan.

Larry

July 21st, 2016 Chatham, IL

I applied on line and received a phone call from Ozzy Lara next. I was approve emailed my documents and received my money 3 day latter. With a fair rate. Fast & Friendly. But they did have a $250 loan fee which they deducted from my loan. I would use them again. Ozzy was very helpful and thorough. Process was streamline. It was a pleasure to do business with FreedomPlus.

Maria Jacobo

July 13th, 2016 Indianapolis, IN

I am very grateful to Basil. He was very kind, trustworthy and professional. He went above and beyond to help guide my husband and myself into a successful loan. I appreciate that even when I was overthinking things, he would find a respectful way to help me feel at ease and that everything was going to work out. And it did!! Basil understood how time-sensitive this was and he worked very hard to make this much needed loan happen. I cannot say enough nice things about Basil. Thank you for all your hard work and patience! I will definitely use this company again. I have worked with several loan companies in the past that treat you like cattle, so when you run into a company that has quality people like Basil, you know you are working with the right people.