Since its founding in 2014, FreedomPlus has aimed to create a unique and valuable personal loan experience for its customers. The lending company consistently does this by providing quality, unsecured loans that meet individual needs through its sophisticated yet simple application and vetting process. FreedomPlus also provides professional advice through knowledgeable loan consultants and experts.

Jump down to FreedomPlus reviews to see what consumers have to say about this lender.

Megaphone Icon

Key Takeaways:

• Over 3/4ths of all the FreedomPlus reviews are five-star
  • A FreedomPlus personal loan extends up to $40,000
  • No pre-payment fees and flexible loan terms ranging from 2-5 years
  • One of the lowest credit score requirements in comparison to other personal loan companies
  • Unique services to help with credit card debt consolidation
  • Charges an origination fee between 0-4.99%
  • APR rate range from 7.99%–29.99% (As of June 2020)

The Good

• Simple Loan Application Process
  • Same-Day Lending Decisions
  • Low Minimum Credit Score Requirement
  • Flexible Loan Terms
  • Fixed-Rate Loan and Payments
  • Debt Consolidation Loans
  • No Prepayment Fees
  • Quality Customer Service
  • FreedomPlus Reviews

Simple Loan Application Process

FreedomPlus's intuitive initial online application takes a few minutes at most. Simply select the loan amount you are looking to borrow, describe the reason for taking out the loan (home repairs, credit card refinancing, consolidation loans, etc.), submit your credit rating (based on your credit score), what state you live in, then your name and phone number or email address.

From there, a loan consultant will get in touch with you to complete the transaction. FreedomPlus has extremely fast approval and funding times. It can usually approve your loan and get the money in your bank account in as little as three days. Your loan repayment term can range from 24 months to 60 months, with rates from 7.99 percent to 29.99 percent APR.

Same-Day Lending Decisions

FreedomPlus offers same-day loan decisions. However, this isn't guaranteed and will fluctuate based on your provided documentation, application verification, time of application submission, etc. With error free applications you can expect the FreedomPlus loan process to be completed in as little as one day with funds made available within 48 hours. The process involves:

• Filling out the online application
  • Deciding on your loan amount and loan term
  • Waiting for a credit decision to be made
  • Uploading legal documentation and reviewing the loan contract
  • Receiving your personal loan funds

Having a quick loan decision from online lenders makes it faster and simpler for borrowers to find a personal loan that works best for them.

Low Minimum Credit Score Requirement

If your credit history is less than perfect, FreedomPlus might be a good match. Unlike many competing lenders, FreedomPlus has a low minimum credit score requirement of 620. Considered to be bad credit or fair credit, a 620 FICO score is below average for American consumers.

When it comes to personal loans, a higher credit score means that you can receive better rates and repayment terms, but a lower credit score requirement allows for a wider range of borrowers. Minimum credit score requirements of competing personal loan providers are generally higher:

• Best Egg minimum credit: 640
  • SoFi minimum credit: 680
  • Lending Club minimum credit: 699
  • Discover minimum credit: 750

Flexible Loan Terms

FreedomPlus has flexible loan terms ranging from two to five years. A borrower can pay off loans earlier than the loan due date, so your loan repayment period can ultimately be as brief as you'd like. This could save you a great deal of money in interest fees if you decide to repay the loan before your official payoff date.

Fixed-Rate Loan and Payments

FreedomPlus has fixed rates, so your APR will never be subject to change, as it can with a variable rate. This can provide peace of mind and stability to borrowers because they will know in the beginning that their rates and payments will be the same throughout the lifespan of their loan.

FreedomPlus also offers loans with an annual percentage rate from 7.99 percent to 29.99 percent APR, including the loan origination fee. On top of that, it uses fixed monthly payments, so your monthly payment amount will never fluctuate.

Debt Consolidation Loans

If you are seeking personal loans for debt relief, it is important to know that FreedomPlus helps with debt consolidation and debt settlement by working with creditors on your behalf.

For example, if you are seeking a personal loan to help tackle credit card debt, FreedomPlus will exclude said credit card debt from your debt-to-income ratio and pay off the credit card once you are approved. This service can help you qualify for more money and simplify bill payments.

You could even qualify for rate discounts if you apply with a cosigner, have retirement assets, or let FreedomPlus pay your creditors on your behalf.

No Prepayment Fees

FreedomPlus does not charge a prepayment penalty fee. This means you can pay off your loan earlier, regardless of your loan term.
However, although FreedomPlus has no prepayment fees, it does charge a loan origination fee, as well as a $15 late fee for any late payments made.

Quality Customer Service

FreedomPlus provides quality customer service to its borrowers primarily through its loan consultants to help you make the best financial decisions while balancing your financial needs.

When you start your application, the company offers a simple and easy-to-use form to start your loan process online, and allows you to call and speak with loan consultants and experts with any questions. User reviews indicate these interactions are extremely valuable for potential customers, and are generally positive experiences.

Customer service also handles complaints and there is little to no wait time.

FreedomPlus Reviews

FreedomPlus has an exceptional star rating from consumers. Quality reviews demonstrate that FreedomPlus is a trustworthy and high-standard lender.
Reviews highlight reasonable rates and fees, simple repayment options, and exceptional customer service. This can provide peace of mind to potential borrowers that FreedomPlus is a good choice for their personal loan needs.

The Bad

• Origination Fees
  • Maximum Personal Loan Amount

Origination Fees

FreedomPlus charges an origination fee between 1 percent and 4.99 percent on its personal loans. While a fee like this isn't necessarily large for the industry, some industry leaders omit such processing fees from their loan applications altogether, but they are still quite common.

It is unclear how FreedomPlus calculates its origination fees. On its website it states that, "origination fees are calculated on the final loan size and vary based on the interest rate and term selected." Make sure to talk with a representative at FreedomPlus so that you have a better idea of what this fee may look like for you.

Maximum Personal Loan Amount

FreedomPlus has a max personal loan amount of $40,000 with a minimum loan amount of $7,500. This maximum amount is the average for the industry, but there are some lenders that offer much larger maximum amounts, up to $100,000. Thus, a FreedomPlus personal loan may not be the best choice for you if you need a larger sum of money than $40,000 to meet your needs.

The Bottom Line

The most important factor to consider when choosing between potential personal loan companies is whether their loan parameters meet your borrowing needs. In other words, does the length of the loan, interest rate, monthly installment payment, and borrowing amount match what you need in a loan?

FreedomPlus personal loans are unsecured, requiring no collateral, and accept FICO scores starting at 620, lower than many other companies in the industry, presenting a good option for those who may not have excellent credit. However, you will be more likely to receive a lower interest rate the higher your credit score. Loan amounts range from $7,500-$40,000 with competitive interest rates, and loan terms ranging from two to five years, allowing the borrower to tailor their repayment plan to their specific needs. It is important to note that FreedomPlus does charge a loan origination fee, as well as a late fee, but there are no prepayment fees, allowing you to pay off your loan faster if preferred.

If you're looking for a debt consolidation loan, FreedomPlus is a great option. It will send borrowed money directly to your creditor, which puts a large percentage of your loan toward direct payment to those creditors, helping you pay down your existing debt quickly and successfully.

Having a large number of positive reviews, FreedomPlus complaints are limited and customers highlight exceptional customer service, a painless loan process, and great loan rates.

FreedomPlus is a great personal loan option. Whether you're wanting to consolidate debt, cover home repairs, or fund other expenses, FreedomPlus is a quality lender.

*All loans available through FreedomPlus.com are made by Cross River Bank, a New Jersey State Chartered Commercial Bank, Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender. All loan and rate terms are subject to eligibility restrictions, application review, credit score, loan amount, loan term, lender approval, and credit usage and history. Eligibility for a loan is not guaranteed. Loans are not available to residents of all states – please call a FreedomPlus representative for further details. The following limitations, in addition to others, shall apply: FreedomPlus does not arrange loans in: (i) Arizona under $10,500; (ii) Massachusetts under $6,500, (iii) Ohio under $5,500, and (iv) Georgia under $3,500. Repayment periods range from 24 to 60 months. The range of APRs on loans made available through FreedomPlus is 5.99% to a maximum of 29.99%. APR. The APR calculation includes all applicable fees, including the loan origination fee. For Example, a four year $20,000 loan with an interest rate of 15.49% and corresponding APR of 18.34% would have an estimated monthly payment of $561.60 and a total cost payable of $7,948.13. To qualify for a 5.99% APR loan, a borrower will need excellent credit on a loan for an amount less than $14,000.00, and with a term equal to 24 months. Adding a co-borrower with sufficient income; using at least eighty-five percent (85%) of the loan proceeds to directly pay off qualifying existing debt; or showing proof of sufficient retirement savings, could help you qualify.

Lisa B

January 9th, 2017 Oldsmar, FL

I would like to say this loan was much easier to get than I thought. Ozzy was very professional, courteous and knowledgeable in his role. I would definitely recommend Freedom to my friends and family if needed. We had a little trouble getting the documentation over the email but Ozzy continued to work on it and eventually we did receive everything we needed. He answered all of our questions and we had more than a few. It was a pleasure working with you Ozzy, keep up the good work!

Josie Lopez

January 6th, 2017 San Francisco, CA

Great customer service and understanding

Gustavo Garcia

January 6th, 2017 Frisco, TX

Great loan consultant and very knowable, her name is Kristy G , best interest rates

Rick

January 5th, 2017 San Fernando, CA

John was very helpful, and couldn't ask for a better representative.

David Morrison

January 4th, 2017 Los Angeles, CA

Effortless! I dealt with Osvaldo L and what a pleasurable experience. Definitely recommending Freedom Plus based off what i went through! Thanks Ozzy and Freedom Plus!

A. Alexander

January 4th, 2017

The loan officer that I had was very great his name is Ozzy he take the time to explain everything I want to know before it take the loan I was very comfortable working with him OVER the company is great

Elaine Lunar

January 3rd, 2017 Las Vegas, NV

I called for verification on one of my creditor's account and i got the result immediately.

Elizabeth Kudravy

January 3rd, 2017 Kent, OH

Had a good experience applying for and getting a personal loan to consolidate credit card debt. Looking forward to working with a more manageable interest rate.

Kyle A

January 3rd, 2017 Langhorne, PA

Application, approval, disbursement and setting up payment were all easy and facilitated by my account manager with very little work done by me. I was also happy with the rate I obtained.

Peter M. Green

January 2nd, 2017 Atlanta, GA

I contacted CS to have a rep contact me about lowering my interest rate as promised. When I first took out the loan it was portaryed to me that my interest rate would be lowered considerably. Now that it has come time to lower my rates I only hear crickets...hmmm!

Cladie

January 1st, 2017 Silver Spring, MD

Flawless, experience from beginning of process to-date!

Jody

December 31st, 2016

I worked with Ozzy who provided excellent customer service. He answered questions, replied to emails promptly and moved me through the loan process efficiently. Thanks Ozzy for assisting me in getting my finances taken care of. I was a little disappointed with the interest rate and the significant % taken for origination fees.

Antonio

December 31st, 2016 Nazareth, PA

Personal loan was delivered and completed in less one hour.

Shawnie Cunningham

December 31st, 2016 Castro Valley, CA

I applied for a loan on Lending Tree and I was very skeptical, I was immediately contacted by Ozzy from Freedom Plus. The process was extremely simple and my loan funded in two days. The customer service was excellent and I would recommend this company to anyone in need of a personal loan. Thank you Ozzy and Freedom Plus!

Carle

December 30th, 2016 Suffolk, VA

Ozzy was fantastic! Helpful, quick and detailed. I got a great rate loan and consolidated all my bills to one payment.

Felicia

December 30th, 2016 Yuba City, CA

Osvaldo was the representative that helped me refinance my and he was representative for my orginal loan he was very professional and courtious. He informed me of all my options and throughly explained everything in detail and clarified any questions i had was very patient. Thanks Felicia

Al De Jesus

December 30th, 2016 Fort Walton Beach, FL

Excellent fast service. Thank you. Professional ethics and timely. I look forward to more loans from you

David Norvell

December 26th, 2016 Tampa, FL

Really need to allow resetting password online. I want to get in, and simply cant, if you cant call during the week, you have no options. Need to fix that

Marilan Kelly

December 22nd, 2016

Jose was excellent ! Very polite and respectful. Informative and accurate.

R Knight

December 21st, 2016 Modesto, CA

Justin H was amazing! He explained the entire process with me, listened to my question's and guided me through my loan process. Amazing feeling!

Elliott S Nathanson

December 19th, 2016 Palm Coast, FL

I sent an email to customer service cancelling this loan a week prior to disbursement of the funds and the funds were still disbursed. I continue to make payments to the vendors and now my bookkeeping is all messed up. This is the worst company I have ever had to deal with and would not recommend them to my worst enemy. Elliott Nathanson

Yaneire Marin

December 16th, 2016 Bethlehem, PA

Sherry D is awesome! very clear in all the explanations about the contract and in general. Good Job!

Jimmy

December 15th, 2016

Did not reset password and lady talked almost nonstop telling me things I didn't need to know to update my pass word

Jeff Perry

December 14th, 2016

Scott was very up front with everything and explained the process very well.

D

December 12th, 2016

Professional during the entire process. Informationt was readily avaiable and easy to manuver Will most definitely reommend to my peers. The process was quick and easy

William Dean

December 6th, 2016

I've never worked with a company that when you make a payment early, they still take out your scheduled payment and end up charging you twice..... when I call to have them just apply the 2nd payment to my next month's bill they say there's no way they can't do it. The customer service person I spoke too did not care at all and made zero attempt to Fix the issue. She offered no apology or anything and tried to blame me for the issue. How is it the customers fault that when they pay their bill early they then get charged twice?? At least I know not to refer anyone to this company ever because they show zero concern about their customers.

Loretta Gilliam

December 6th, 2016

I , Customers was penalized for an error on the companies end and my report was sent to Credit Bureau as a negative report

Jose Morales

December 5th, 2016

The best Customer service and product service mos important the attention thanks

Ernesto Alvarez

December 2nd, 2016 Tampa, FL

I called the next day after signing the contract to cancel the process for a personal loan because I did not feel comfortable with the payment and I was told during the loan application process the the funding would take 2 to 3 days and that the payment to creditors could be up to 7. I called in and one person told me I was on time and the others told me it was funded and nothing could be done. I was a little frustrated at the end of the call and I said "Man" like I couldn't believe it I couldn't cancel. the customer service person did not notice she said on and started laughing and making comments about why I probably wanted to cancel. i cant believe that overnight they did everything. This is really going to put me in a difficult situation!!

Robert Cole

December 1st, 2016 Dallas, PA

My wife and I took out a loan today and Jose C was extremely helpful and patient during the process.I In the end our payment was lower than when we first started.Thank You.

Kathy

November 30th, 2016 Summit, NJ

Osvaldo very helpful and easy to connect Fast reaponse rate Thank you!!!!

Heather

November 30th, 2016

Ozzy was fantastic! Helpful, quick and detailed with his requests. No guessing just plain instructions. My favorite kind of business.

SCOTT

November 30th, 2016

Was told I would be able to refinance after 6 months since my APR is high. Was then declined despite already paying loan down 30%

sandy crase

November 29th, 2016 West Union, OH

our customer representative was very helpful and kind.

Celina

November 29th, 2016 Ellenwood, GA

I am in disbelief and appalled that you would charge a customer $15 to RECEIVE A CHECK!!! What do you pay your accounts receivable personnel...$500 per hour??? Obviously you don't want to receive additional payments from your clients because you want to rip them off with additional interest and fees! I will be looking for alternatives to pay this loan off.

Danielle Frederick

November 28th, 2016 Melbourne, FL

I was mislead into thinking that adding my husband as a co-applicate on my loan would lower my interest rate. Which was not true, the rate that was offered to me was still higher than the interest rate on all my credit cards. I will not recommend this company to my friends and family.

jolene

November 27th, 2016 Glenwood, MD

the site is telling me I have no active loans, I hope I do since I am paying you EVERY month by automatic draft. If this not correct, I will give you a better rating, otherwise, it will stand as it is.

Rose Ross

November 26th, 2016

I was contacted immediately and the service was fast, friendly and efficient.

Joanne Krupka

November 22nd, 2016 Monroe, MI

Great loan person. Very helpful. Easy and fast service. Thank you Casey.

R. K.

November 22nd, 2016

Excellent customer service. Bharat was professional, courteous, knowledgeable and in constant communication . Fast and easy process!! I was given clear details on the precise information needed to complete my loan. This was a great experience!

Stephen Lester

November 22nd, 2016 Reno, NV

Fabulous, professional service from Charles S, easy application process, very fast, same day approval and signature. A terrific way to raise your credit score by converting revolving accounts to a consolidation installment loan. The best lending experience I have had, EVER!

Roy Baker

November 20th, 2016 Hendersonville, NC

I applied for a loan. The information provided to me regarding rate, monthly payment, etc. was incorrect and misleading ('a mistake was made"). As a result I made financial decisions based on false information. When the error was discovered, I received an apology and "corrected" options. I was and continue to be very dissatisfied with my experience and would not recommend FreedomPlus.

Vicky Zoeller

November 15th, 2016 Houston, TX

Total time from first communication to finalization and loan approval was less than 1 1/2 hours. Osvaldo was personable and pleasant, but most of professional and courteous. He explained all the requirements and processes up front. There were no surprises when the documents arrived. The e-signature function was perfect. The loan product he offered was a perfect fit to my current financing needs. Freedom Plus offered a lower interest rate and a better range of repayment options than a competitor I had previously checked. I am very pleased with the service I received and would highly recommend Freedom Plus for financing needs.

Charles Keller

November 15th, 2016

You will not let me login. You keep saying I have no account with you. So could you please send me a paper statement because I would like to stop auto pay and start paying it myself. also my email address has changed. New email - [email protected] Thanks, May God bless, Charles Keller

Don Jantz

November 11th, 2016

I was treated very good. I'm very happy to be doing business with you. Thank you for all your help.

Deb ALVERMAN

November 11th, 2016

I called customer service to make an additional payment 2 WEEKS ago!!! StI'll not done...I want to pay this off early to save $$ on the high interest.

adrianne rotfeld

November 10th, 2016 Framingham, MA

your on line payment system and cvustoner service is terrible

Holt Butt

November 10th, 2016 Portsmouth, VA

I would highly recommend this company for anyone who may be struggling with credit issues. I worked with Danny G, and I have to say the customer service he provided absolutely outstanding. With my situation Danny could have just told me I was wasting my time, but he believed in me and got me approved. I urge you to call FreedomPlus, but don't just call, when you do ask for Danny G, HE GETS THE JOB DONE!!!

Stan Salsbury

November 10th, 2016 Richland, WA

Excellent help with my loan no issues everything was straight forward, I would recommend you to anyone else.

Kevin Allen

November 9th, 2016 San Antonio, TX

Rami provided excellent customer service, and my loan was process in a timely manor.