Since its founding in 2014, FreedomPlus has aimed to create a unique and valuable personal loan experience for its customers. The lending company consistently does this by providing quality, unsecured loans that meet individual needs through its sophisticated yet simple application and vetting process. FreedomPlus also provides professional advice through knowledgeable loan consultants and experts.

Jump down to FreedomPlus reviews to see what consumers have to say about this lender.

Megaphone Icon

Key Takeaways:

• Over 3/4ths of all the FreedomPlus reviews are five-star
  • A FreedomPlus personal loan extends up to $40,000
  • No pre-payment fees and flexible loan terms ranging from 2-5 years
  • One of the lowest credit score requirements in comparison to other personal loan companies
  • Unique services to help with credit card debt consolidation
  • Charges an origination fee between 0-4.99%
  • APR rate range from 7.99%–29.99% (As of June 2020)

The Good

• Simple Loan Application Process
  • Same-Day Lending Decisions
  • Low Minimum Credit Score Requirement
  • Flexible Loan Terms
  • Fixed-Rate Loan and Payments
  • Debt Consolidation Loans
  • No Prepayment Fees
  • Quality Customer Service
  • FreedomPlus Reviews

Simple Loan Application Process

FreedomPlus's intuitive initial online application takes a few minutes at most. Simply select the loan amount you are looking to borrow, describe the reason for taking out the loan (home repairs, credit card refinancing, consolidation loans, etc.), submit your credit rating (based on your credit score), what state you live in, then your name and phone number or email address.

From there, a loan consultant will get in touch with you to complete the transaction. FreedomPlus has extremely fast approval and funding times. It can usually approve your loan and get the money in your bank account in as little as three days. Your loan repayment term can range from 24 months to 60 months, with rates from 7.99 percent to 29.99 percent APR.

Same-Day Lending Decisions

FreedomPlus offers same-day loan decisions. However, this isn't guaranteed and will fluctuate based on your provided documentation, application verification, time of application submission, etc. With error free applications you can expect the FreedomPlus loan process to be completed in as little as one day with funds made available within 48 hours. The process involves:

• Filling out the online application
  • Deciding on your loan amount and loan term
  • Waiting for a credit decision to be made
  • Uploading legal documentation and reviewing the loan contract
  • Receiving your personal loan funds

Having a quick loan decision from online lenders makes it faster and simpler for borrowers to find a personal loan that works best for them.

Low Minimum Credit Score Requirement

If your credit history is less than perfect, FreedomPlus might be a good match. Unlike many competing lenders, FreedomPlus has a low minimum credit score requirement of 620. Considered to be bad credit or fair credit, a 620 FICO score is below average for American consumers.

When it comes to personal loans, a higher credit score means that you can receive better rates and repayment terms, but a lower credit score requirement allows for a wider range of borrowers. Minimum credit score requirements of competing personal loan providers are generally higher:

• Best Egg minimum credit: 640
  • SoFi minimum credit: 680
  • Lending Club minimum credit: 699
  • Discover minimum credit: 750

Flexible Loan Terms

FreedomPlus has flexible loan terms ranging from two to five years. A borrower can pay off loans earlier than the loan due date, so your loan repayment period can ultimately be as brief as you'd like. This could save you a great deal of money in interest fees if you decide to repay the loan before your official payoff date.

Fixed-Rate Loan and Payments

FreedomPlus has fixed rates, so your APR will never be subject to change, as it can with a variable rate. This can provide peace of mind and stability to borrowers because they will know in the beginning that their rates and payments will be the same throughout the lifespan of their loan.

FreedomPlus also offers loans with an annual percentage rate from 7.99 percent to 29.99 percent APR, including the loan origination fee. On top of that, it uses fixed monthly payments, so your monthly payment amount will never fluctuate.

Debt Consolidation Loans

If you are seeking personal loans for debt relief, it is important to know that FreedomPlus helps with debt consolidation and debt settlement by working with creditors on your behalf.

For example, if you are seeking a personal loan to help tackle credit card debt, FreedomPlus will exclude said credit card debt from your debt-to-income ratio and pay off the credit card once you are approved. This service can help you qualify for more money and simplify bill payments.

You could even qualify for rate discounts if you apply with a cosigner, have retirement assets, or let FreedomPlus pay your creditors on your behalf.

No Prepayment Fees

FreedomPlus does not charge a prepayment penalty fee. This means you can pay off your loan earlier, regardless of your loan term.
However, although FreedomPlus has no prepayment fees, it does charge a loan origination fee, as well as a $15 late fee for any late payments made.

Quality Customer Service

FreedomPlus provides quality customer service to its borrowers primarily through its loan consultants to help you make the best financial decisions while balancing your financial needs.

When you start your application, the company offers a simple and easy-to-use form to start your loan process online, and allows you to call and speak with loan consultants and experts with any questions. User reviews indicate these interactions are extremely valuable for potential customers, and are generally positive experiences.

Customer service also handles complaints and there is little to no wait time.

FreedomPlus Reviews

FreedomPlus has an exceptional star rating from consumers. Quality reviews demonstrate that FreedomPlus is a trustworthy and high-standard lender.
Reviews highlight reasonable rates and fees, simple repayment options, and exceptional customer service. This can provide peace of mind to potential borrowers that FreedomPlus is a good choice for their personal loan needs.

The Bad

• Origination Fees
  • Maximum Personal Loan Amount

Origination Fees

FreedomPlus charges an origination fee between 1 percent and 4.99 percent on its personal loans. While a fee like this isn't necessarily large for the industry, some industry leaders omit such processing fees from their loan applications altogether, but they are still quite common.

It is unclear how FreedomPlus calculates its origination fees. On its website it states that, "origination fees are calculated on the final loan size and vary based on the interest rate and term selected." Make sure to talk with a representative at FreedomPlus so that you have a better idea of what this fee may look like for you.

Maximum Personal Loan Amount

FreedomPlus has a max personal loan amount of $40,000 with a minimum loan amount of $7,500. This maximum amount is the average for the industry, but there are some lenders that offer much larger maximum amounts, up to $100,000. Thus, a FreedomPlus personal loan may not be the best choice for you if you need a larger sum of money than $40,000 to meet your needs.

The Bottom Line

The most important factor to consider when choosing between potential personal loan companies is whether their loan parameters meet your borrowing needs. In other words, does the length of the loan, interest rate, monthly installment payment, and borrowing amount match what you need in a loan?

FreedomPlus personal loans are unsecured, requiring no collateral, and accept FICO scores starting at 620, lower than many other companies in the industry, presenting a good option for those who may not have excellent credit. However, you will be more likely to receive a lower interest rate the higher your credit score. Loan amounts range from $7,500-$40,000 with competitive interest rates, and loan terms ranging from two to five years, allowing the borrower to tailor their repayment plan to their specific needs. It is important to note that FreedomPlus does charge a loan origination fee, as well as a late fee, but there are no prepayment fees, allowing you to pay off your loan faster if preferred.

If you're looking for a debt consolidation loan, FreedomPlus is a great option. It will send borrowed money directly to your creditor, which puts a large percentage of your loan toward direct payment to those creditors, helping you pay down your existing debt quickly and successfully.

Having a large number of positive reviews, FreedomPlus complaints are limited and customers highlight exceptional customer service, a painless loan process, and great loan rates.

FreedomPlus is a great personal loan option. Whether you're wanting to consolidate debt, cover home repairs, or fund other expenses, FreedomPlus is a quality lender.

*All loans available through FreedomPlus.com are made by Cross River Bank, a New Jersey State Chartered Commercial Bank, Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender. All loan and rate terms are subject to eligibility restrictions, application review, credit score, loan amount, loan term, lender approval, and credit usage and history. Eligibility for a loan is not guaranteed. Loans are not available to residents of all states – please call a FreedomPlus representative for further details. The following limitations, in addition to others, shall apply: FreedomPlus does not arrange loans in: (i) Arizona under $10,500; (ii) Massachusetts under $6,500, (iii) Ohio under $5,500, and (iv) Georgia under $3,500. Repayment periods range from 24 to 60 months. The range of APRs on loans made available through FreedomPlus is 5.99% to a maximum of 29.99%. APR. The APR calculation includes all applicable fees, including the loan origination fee. For Example, a four year $20,000 loan with an interest rate of 15.49% and corresponding APR of 18.34% would have an estimated monthly payment of $561.60 and a total cost payable of $7,948.13. To qualify for a 5.99% APR loan, a borrower will need excellent credit on a loan for an amount less than $14,000.00, and with a term equal to 24 months. Adding a co-borrower with sufficient income; using at least eighty-five percent (85%) of the loan proceeds to directly pay off qualifying existing debt; or showing proof of sufficient retirement savings, could help you qualify.

Stacy Windows

April 18th, 2017

Kathi Ferrari, who helped me with my consolidation loan, literally made me cry tears of joy as she shared my options. She was kind, attentive to my needs and quickly provided resolution. Kathi did an amazing job in getting my loan approved and all paperwork completed within hours on the same day to prepare the funding. Please tell her thank you.

John Harris

April 14th, 2017

I needed a small loan to pay off some credit cards with high interest rates. I applied with freedom with no problem. The process was simple and painless. Thx

Glenn Looper

April 13th, 2017 Atlanta, GA

The actual processing of the loan was quick and easy. My issue however is the disbursement of funds is below par. I have used other companies in the past and their disbursement was a lot quicker.

Sherry Perrin

April 12th, 2017

Very prompt, informative, thorough and professional. Answered all questions graciously. Was a very good first time experience with your company.

RAYMONDKUBE

April 10th, 2017

I took out a 10,000 dollar loan in August 2016. Really it was 9500 and they took 500 for a loan fee. I made my payments thur autopay. So by February2017 i paid $2,250, and i still owed 9,300 so . i call to get the payoff amount and asked if i payed it off would you still take out my auto payment. They said no sir we will not as long as you pay it by this day, so i payed it off by that day and budget my other bills around having that extra 330 dollars, so they took my payment anyways. I called up to complain and the customer service person stated they refuned my money and i should have it in 2 to 3 bussiness days.... Well its been 9 days and i called back up and they said you will get it by the 14th. It takes 2 weeks... Now i have 3 late fees from other bills because of this. And they are collecting more interest off of my money.

Raquel Talarico

April 8th, 2017

I have my passwords and questions saved and yet, the site does not recognize it. I looked for support and there is NO SUPPORT AVAILABLE saturday or sunday. I found that a very poor business decision. I'm disappointed.

Brittany Parrett

April 7th, 2017

Adam D was amazing during the entire process. He explained everything and answered every question I asked. When it came to sign the documents there was nothing I read that he did not go over. He is amazing and gave great customer service.

Frank Illichmann

April 7th, 2017

Bob S was amazing he help us through the whole process. Answered all are questions that we had and concerns. Thanks again Bob

Jon Erdman

April 6th, 2017 Austin, TX

Excellent personal customer service!! Very reasonable rate given my credit score. I only give a 9 rather than a 10 because it would have been nice to not have to pay an origination fee, but it wasn't exorbitant. Elizabeth S was extremely pleasant to deal with and perfectly clear about the terms and implications of the various choices, and took the time to listen carefully to my situation, and the goal I wanted to achieve, and helped ensure I received every discount I was eligible for.

Manasseh

April 2nd, 2017 Madison, WI

I have never been contacted or given any contact information regarding my loan or the status of such with your company. I am very disappointed with the level of professionalism displayed toward me as a customer.

Debrakcollins

March 29th, 2017

Loretta was great in the whole process! I will definitely recomend freedom plus to my friends and family

Brian Dunnigan

March 25th, 2017 Toledo, OH

They did a great job of getting me a loan and explaining everything. very pleased.

Dave

March 24th, 2017 Eden Prairie, MN

The website says funds are available 48 hours is a little misleading I am past that point and still waiting. The first contract they sent me had the wrong terms on it. And the length of waiting for approval and the constant asking for more information was annoying. One list of needed info would have made this a smooth transaction. It wasn't a horrible experience but definitely annoying. Fair at best

Lori C.

March 24th, 2017 Monticello, IN

EXCELLENT Customer service from Joe Freedom! He made this process easy and worry free. I was worried it might be a scam of some sort, but he came thru with everything he promised! I feel a huge burden has been lifted off of my shoulders! I would recommend your company to anyone! Thank you!

Michelle &Freddie Bond

March 24th, 2017

Charles S was amazing he help us out and if we had any questions he explained the so we could understand I would highly recommend you to friends and family members

Patricia N Cantaderio

March 23rd, 2017

Excellent service by my rep Moises M. Got my funds on the date promised. Interest rate a litlle high but much much better than other companies. When everybody turned me down Freedom plus approved my loan consolidation and home improvement. Thanks a million. Very professional and secure. Thanks. Patricia a grateful costumer.

Lou hinzo

March 21st, 2017 Jacksonville, FL

I was a little apprehensive at first , Spoke to my guy Ozzie and he was very helpful and understanding. The whole process was simple and easy> My hats off to Ozzie and Freedom plus! Thanks

Guy Matthews

March 19th, 2017

David was extremely helpful, the fact that he came in on Saturday morning and completed the application is just not heard of in today's workforce. My hats off to him.

Deborah Smith

March 18th, 2017 Monroe, NC

All of these things were rated 10.I would very much recommend them they are professional and fast to help U.

Silvia ceja

March 16th, 2017

It was great easy and not frustrated at all helpful I love it having one payment instead of 6 super relief and easy one payment only love it super happy ...

David Lackey

March 15th, 2017

Had an exceptional young lady helping me on my log in. She was very patient with me, as I am hard of hearing but, she made the outcome all possible. Thank you

Prashanth

March 14th, 2017 Fremont, CA

Thanks to Troy, the whole process was easy and simple. Troy was very helpful in sharing details and clarifying all my concerns. It was a pleasure working with Troy. I would recommend Freedom Plus and use them again in the future.

Jason

March 12th, 2017

Great experience working with Ozzy at Freedom Plus! He was quick to respond and straight forward with our options. I would recommend Freedom Plus and use them again in the future.

Buffy Gaither

March 10th, 2017 Manchester, TN

Great customer service; Ozzy was antentive and patient in the process. There was no pushy sales tactics. Easy and transparent loan!

Emilia A Buddle

March 9th, 2017

Osvaldo L was professional. Painless process. The guy was patient, waited for me while I tried to find my last pay-stub and email to him. Completed the entire process in less than 1 hour. And got an acceptable rate/term and monthly to boot. Excellent service. I would definitely recommend.

Rosie Saignes Ramirez

March 9th, 2017 Baton Rouge, LA

This was a wonderful experience with the loan officer and he was extremely helpful and patient.. Honestly, I have never experienced this with loan companies or banks.. I was pleasantly surprised and would recommend them and especially, my loan officer ...

Duaine Duncan

March 8th, 2017 Terrell, TX

Troy S was outstanding in helping me acquire a loan from Freedom Plus. I will highly recommend you both to any potential customers I know. Duaine Duncan

Todd Yoland

March 2nd, 2017 Silver Spring, MD

Easy process to get my loan approved. Very knowledgeable personal assistance.

Richard Zavala

March 2nd, 2017 Newington, CT

Ozzy L was very helpful and the process was quick and painless. My suggestion is slow down when speaking with potential customers. I would ask questions and back up, but to me when talking fast it seems like you are trying to get one over one someone. This might not be the case but it can come across that way. Over all a great experience Ozzy was very helpful and I am glad I found you online. I would recommend the company.

Kenneth Pavloske

February 28th, 2017 Houston, TX

I just completed a personal loan with Ozzy from Freedom Plus. Ozzy was great and very attentive. He answered every email quickly and always took my calls. We were able to fund the loan within a few days of applying. I would highly recommend Freedom Plus

Jerry Basham

February 27th, 2017 Cairo, IL

customer service was very helpful I appreciate it

Ron Francis

February 26th, 2017

Outstanding services. CHARLES S did s very professional job from start to finish and Loan was closed within 24 hours..

Gene Frial

February 25th, 2017

Very easy application. Terms discussed and easy to understand. Andrew S was extremely helpful.

Sue Kearney

February 22nd, 2017 Raleigh, NC

My Loan Consultant was Ozzy and he conducted himself very professionally and took time explain what I should expect and how the process worked, which I appreciated. He stayed on top of my application and kept the communications open until everything was completed. Good Job.

Louis H Staker Jr

February 21st, 2017 Des Moines, IA

I worked with Daniel F. He was extremely knowledgeable, professional, and easily accessible by phone. He was a pleasure to work with.

Norman Fuqua

February 16th, 2017 CA

Nothing but outstanding service. I would highly recommend them for anyone needing a loan.

Tom

February 11th, 2017 Belvidere, IL

The process was actually quite simple. Cory was my loan originator and his rapid response in every step of the process was quite impressive. He left nothing to question. Things happened so fast I had to put the brakes on for a period of time so I could get my wife in the loop. I have been approved and have the final loan documents, now I hope the actual funding is as smooth as the origination. Good Job Cory!

Cheryl Theriault

February 6th, 2017

I'm a new customer i.e my loan was just dispersed on 1/20 and you have already incorrectly debited my bank account. Payments supposed to start 3/6 yet you debited my account 2/6. Very disappointed!

Natalie Ralston

January 30th, 2017

Fast easy approval. Our loan officer was very nice and helped me through the process.

David Flournoy

January 28th, 2017 Thomaston, GA

Very knowledgeable and very professional.

Kristi Davis

January 26th, 2017 Jefferson, GA

We are very pleased with the quality of service and the products offered by Freedom Plus loans. Scott L was a very kind, considerate and honest sales representative and his main focus was providing us with the best service and loan products without using high pressure sales tactics. We have worked with several other loan vendors but Scott at Freedom loans really stands above the rest. Most of all this company's transparency throughout the entire process deserves an applaud. Thank you for being upstanding in this business! Jason

Kelly Bowers

January 19th, 2017 Albemarle, NC

Very friendly, easy application process would use again

Gary

January 19th, 2017 Tuscaloosa, AL

I worked with Ozzy and he did an outstanding job in helping us get the help we needed.

Mike R

January 14th, 2017 Chicago, IL

Would just like to say thanks for a great loan experience.Andy was awesome in explaining the different rates and finally a loan process that uses today's technology to expedite the process instead of going thru a bank with a long list of paperwork. Thank you

Selena

January 13th, 2017 Los Angeles, CA

I spoke to Cesar today regarding a personal loan to consolidate my bills and it was a great experience. The approval process was so fast and I literally got a call within hours that the loan will be funded. Cesar was extremely helpful and professional and I will for sure recommend anyone to use Freedom Plus and Cesar.

C. Turner

January 12th, 2017 Mobile, AL

Very happy and satisfied. I've received wonderful help & support. the process was very easy and I got just what I needed!

Monica Gilroy

January 11th, 2017 Atlanta, GA

David C was excellent to work with. Very helpful, knowledgeable and kind. Process was quick and easy

Brenda Stough

January 11th, 2017 Dora, AL

Great company helped me with all my debts and are very friendly and polite. Helps with all your questions and has done a wonderful job. Thank you.

Paul Whitaker

January 10th, 2017 Billings, MT

My loan assistant was Nicole. I can't think of anything she might have done better, or more courteously. She really was the epitome of professionalism. It was a pleasure and delight to have worked with her. Thanks Nicole!

CGW

January 9th, 2017 Philadelphia, PA

Everything was explained to me in detail, even though it was a Friday afternoon(after 5:00PM) Osvaldo was patient and very professional. If you are in need of a personal loan I would recommend this service. The work with the customer to meet your needs and make it affordable.