Since its founding in 2014, FreedomPlus has aimed to create a unique and valuable personal loan experience for its customers. The lending company consistently does this by providing quality, unsecured loans that meet individual needs through its sophisticated yet simple application and vetting process. FreedomPlus also provides professional advice through knowledgeable loan consultants and experts.

Jump down to FreedomPlus reviews to see what consumers have to say about this lender.

Megaphone Icon

Key Takeaways:

• Over 3/4ths of all the FreedomPlus reviews are five-star
  • A FreedomPlus personal loan extends up to $40,000
  • No pre-payment fees and flexible loan terms ranging from 2-5 years
  • One of the lowest credit score requirements in comparison to other personal loan companies
  • Unique services to help with credit card debt consolidation
  • Charges an origination fee between 0-4.99%
  • APR rate range from 7.99%–29.99% (As of June 2020)

The Good

• Simple Loan Application Process
  • Same-Day Lending Decisions
  • Low Minimum Credit Score Requirement
  • Flexible Loan Terms
  • Fixed-Rate Loan and Payments
  • Debt Consolidation Loans
  • No Prepayment Fees
  • Quality Customer Service
  • FreedomPlus Reviews

Simple Loan Application Process

FreedomPlus's intuitive initial online application takes a few minutes at most. Simply select the loan amount you are looking to borrow, describe the reason for taking out the loan (home repairs, credit card refinancing, consolidation loans, etc.), submit your credit rating (based on your credit score), what state you live in, then your name and phone number or email address.

From there, a loan consultant will get in touch with you to complete the transaction. FreedomPlus has extremely fast approval and funding times. It can usually approve your loan and get the money in your bank account in as little as three days. Your loan repayment term can range from 24 months to 60 months, with rates from 7.99 percent to 29.99 percent APR.

Same-Day Lending Decisions

FreedomPlus offers same-day loan decisions. However, this isn't guaranteed and will fluctuate based on your provided documentation, application verification, time of application submission, etc. With error free applications you can expect the FreedomPlus loan process to be completed in as little as one day with funds made available within 48 hours. The process involves:

• Filling out the online application
  • Deciding on your loan amount and loan term
  • Waiting for a credit decision to be made
  • Uploading legal documentation and reviewing the loan contract
  • Receiving your personal loan funds

Having a quick loan decision from online lenders makes it faster and simpler for borrowers to find a personal loan that works best for them.

Low Minimum Credit Score Requirement

If your credit history is less than perfect, FreedomPlus might be a good match. Unlike many competing lenders, FreedomPlus has a low minimum credit score requirement of 620. Considered to be bad credit or fair credit, a 620 FICO score is below average for American consumers.

When it comes to personal loans, a higher credit score means that you can receive better rates and repayment terms, but a lower credit score requirement allows for a wider range of borrowers. Minimum credit score requirements of competing personal loan providers are generally higher:

• Best Egg minimum credit: 640
  • SoFi minimum credit: 680
  • Lending Club minimum credit: 699
  • Discover minimum credit: 750

Flexible Loan Terms

FreedomPlus has flexible loan terms ranging from two to five years. A borrower can pay off loans earlier than the loan due date, so your loan repayment period can ultimately be as brief as you'd like. This could save you a great deal of money in interest fees if you decide to repay the loan before your official payoff date.

Fixed-Rate Loan and Payments

FreedomPlus has fixed rates, so your APR will never be subject to change, as it can with a variable rate. This can provide peace of mind and stability to borrowers because they will know in the beginning that their rates and payments will be the same throughout the lifespan of their loan.

FreedomPlus also offers loans with an annual percentage rate from 7.99 percent to 29.99 percent APR, including the loan origination fee. On top of that, it uses fixed monthly payments, so your monthly payment amount will never fluctuate.

Debt Consolidation Loans

If you are seeking personal loans for debt relief, it is important to know that FreedomPlus helps with debt consolidation and debt settlement by working with creditors on your behalf.

For example, if you are seeking a personal loan to help tackle credit card debt, FreedomPlus will exclude said credit card debt from your debt-to-income ratio and pay off the credit card once you are approved. This service can help you qualify for more money and simplify bill payments.

You could even qualify for rate discounts if you apply with a cosigner, have retirement assets, or let FreedomPlus pay your creditors on your behalf.

No Prepayment Fees

FreedomPlus does not charge a prepayment penalty fee. This means you can pay off your loan earlier, regardless of your loan term.
However, although FreedomPlus has no prepayment fees, it does charge a loan origination fee, as well as a $15 late fee for any late payments made.

Quality Customer Service

FreedomPlus provides quality customer service to its borrowers primarily through its loan consultants to help you make the best financial decisions while balancing your financial needs.

When you start your application, the company offers a simple and easy-to-use form to start your loan process online, and allows you to call and speak with loan consultants and experts with any questions. User reviews indicate these interactions are extremely valuable for potential customers, and are generally positive experiences.

Customer service also handles complaints and there is little to no wait time.

FreedomPlus Reviews

FreedomPlus has an exceptional star rating from consumers. Quality reviews demonstrate that FreedomPlus is a trustworthy and high-standard lender.
Reviews highlight reasonable rates and fees, simple repayment options, and exceptional customer service. This can provide peace of mind to potential borrowers that FreedomPlus is a good choice for their personal loan needs.

The Bad

• Origination Fees
  • Maximum Personal Loan Amount

Origination Fees

FreedomPlus charges an origination fee between 1 percent and 4.99 percent on its personal loans. While a fee like this isn't necessarily large for the industry, some industry leaders omit such processing fees from their loan applications altogether, but they are still quite common.

It is unclear how FreedomPlus calculates its origination fees. On its website it states that, "origination fees are calculated on the final loan size and vary based on the interest rate and term selected." Make sure to talk with a representative at FreedomPlus so that you have a better idea of what this fee may look like for you.

Maximum Personal Loan Amount

FreedomPlus has a max personal loan amount of $40,000 with a minimum loan amount of $7,500. This maximum amount is the average for the industry, but there are some lenders that offer much larger maximum amounts, up to $100,000. Thus, a FreedomPlus personal loan may not be the best choice for you if you need a larger sum of money than $40,000 to meet your needs.

The Bottom Line

The most important factor to consider when choosing between potential personal loan companies is whether their loan parameters meet your borrowing needs. In other words, does the length of the loan, interest rate, monthly installment payment, and borrowing amount match what you need in a loan?

FreedomPlus personal loans are unsecured, requiring no collateral, and accept FICO scores starting at 620, lower than many other companies in the industry, presenting a good option for those who may not have excellent credit. However, you will be more likely to receive a lower interest rate the higher your credit score. Loan amounts range from $7,500-$40,000 with competitive interest rates, and loan terms ranging from two to five years, allowing the borrower to tailor their repayment plan to their specific needs. It is important to note that FreedomPlus does charge a loan origination fee, as well as a late fee, but there are no prepayment fees, allowing you to pay off your loan faster if preferred.

If you're looking for a debt consolidation loan, FreedomPlus is a great option. It will send borrowed money directly to your creditor, which puts a large percentage of your loan toward direct payment to those creditors, helping you pay down your existing debt quickly and successfully.

Having a large number of positive reviews, FreedomPlus complaints are limited and customers highlight exceptional customer service, a painless loan process, and great loan rates.

FreedomPlus is a great personal loan option. Whether you're wanting to consolidate debt, cover home repairs, or fund other expenses, FreedomPlus is a quality lender.

*All loans available through FreedomPlus.com are made by Cross River Bank, a New Jersey State Chartered Commercial Bank, Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender. All loan and rate terms are subject to eligibility restrictions, application review, credit score, loan amount, loan term, lender approval, and credit usage and history. Eligibility for a loan is not guaranteed. Loans are not available to residents of all states – please call a FreedomPlus representative for further details. The following limitations, in addition to others, shall apply: FreedomPlus does not arrange loans in: (i) Arizona under $10,500; (ii) Massachusetts under $6,500, (iii) Ohio under $5,500, and (iv) Georgia under $3,500. Repayment periods range from 24 to 60 months. The range of APRs on loans made available through FreedomPlus is 5.99% to a maximum of 29.99%. APR. The APR calculation includes all applicable fees, including the loan origination fee. For Example, a four year $20,000 loan with an interest rate of 15.49% and corresponding APR of 18.34% would have an estimated monthly payment of $561.60 and a total cost payable of $7,948.13. To qualify for a 5.99% APR loan, a borrower will need excellent credit on a loan for an amount less than $14,000.00, and with a term equal to 24 months. Adding a co-borrower with sufficient income; using at least eighty-five percent (85%) of the loan proceeds to directly pay off qualifying existing debt; or showing proof of sufficient retirement savings, could help you qualify.

Patty A.

August 4th, 2017 Mount Juliet, TN

Freedom Plus made it extremely easy to do business with. The online application process was very simple. I immediately received offers for the loan I was requesting. The loan processor responded very quickly by phone and email keeping me aware of the process. My loan funded the very same day application was made. No hidden fees. A company who was interested in meeting my needs! Excellent customer service!

Brian Savilla

August 2nd, 2017

Treva was amazing to work with. Couldn't have asked for better service.

Sara

August 2nd, 2017

Doris M was excellent to work with. Answered every question with no hesitation or runaround. Our loan was completed in an afternoon. Everything I read in the letter I received was true and accurate. No bait and switch. Thank you for your help.

Patricia

August 2nd, 2017

I appreciate the efficient process and the friendliness, helpfulness, and professionalism of the Loan Consultant. Questions were answered quickly and options were explained.

Dax

July 30th, 2017

Amanda was great! Everything was just as she said. Process was very quick

France Johnston

July 28th, 2017

Miriam C was very helpful, she made the process easy and speedy ? Very professional and kind

Jill Roth

July 26th, 2017 Lansing, MI

Customer Service with Jean A was excellent. He was professional, informative and always available. I look forward to climbing out of my debt load that was weighting me down and appreciate the superb service I received.

Valeria

July 25th, 2017

I am very please with the process of my personal loan. The interest is high, but they go according to your credit score. Every loan company I contacted the rates where about the same. I did my research, and I can complain about their services. It was an easy step and submitted all my documents as requested in order to process the loan application. The funds were approved as promised. Thank you Miss Loretta R for all your help. I am very please with the way Miss R handle the process of my loan. I needed the funds to get out of debt and do some repairs in my house. FreedomPlus really came through in time of need. Outstanding service. Thank you Miss R for all your help. Valeria

Amy Mattingly

July 24th, 2017 Vilonia, AR

Nancy made the process easy and smooth from the comfort of my home. We were unsure of how to consolidate our bills into one affordable payment. Nancy walked us through the process with little hassle!

Tom

July 22nd, 2017 Las Vegas, NV

they made getting the loan extremely simple. Amanda was very helpful in every step of the process.

James King

July 21st, 2017 Meadowlands, MN

Mike A. Was very helpful he answered all my questions and made the loan process very easy. I saved a considerable amount of money over all and a much better monthly payment by using freedom plus. I would recommend them to anyone looking to take out a loan.

Roman

July 19th, 2017

Freedom plus is the best thing that ever happened to us, our loan representative Steven D is very professional, he explained the loan details clearly and easy to understand, freedom plus is very lucky to have him as one of their loan representative

michael wilcher

July 14th, 2017

easy to deal with and very helpful. it was an easy process to navigate.

Marisol

July 14th, 2017 Brownsville, TX

I found Freedom Plus through Lending Tree. I had clicked on debt consolidation & immediately received a phone call from Thomas. Once I explained to him that I wasn't looking into negotiation with any of my creditors, he clarified they could help me with a personal loan to consolidate my debt without having to do any negotiations. He then transferred me to Dana, who helped me with the entire process. Although I would've liked a lower interest rate & no origination fee, I know what my credit score looks like & am pleased that my new interest rate is considerably lower than what I currently have on my credit cards. Thank you, Thomas, for transferring me to Dana. And thank you so much for your help, Dana!!

Donald

July 14th, 2017 Houston, TX

My loan agent was Ryan H. He was very kind and professional, Ryan was always there during my loan process. My loan came in very fast. Thanks again Ryan.

Mike

July 13th, 2017 Flemington, NJ

I'd rather get a loan from Tont Soprano. Watch out for these loan sharks. All I did was click on a link from Trans Union about consolidation loans, and the next thing I knew, I received a call from "Charles" from Freedom Plus, who said that I filled out an application, which I never did. The next day, he called me back and "officially" took my application and then wanted to pull my credit. I asked him what the loan payments would be for the loan I wanted, based on the the worst case scenario, the highest interest rate they charge, and he couldn't tell me...or should I say he wouldn't. I then told him that I wanted to think it over, and told him not to pull my credit yet, and he basically hung up on me. After doing some reasearch, I found out that there is an origination fee on the loan which he FAILED to disclose, of up to 5% of the loan. For the $35,000 loan I was looking at, this could be up to $1,750. He also FAILED to disclose that they pay the lenders from the proceeds of the loan directly. I contacted him about this, and he said that they disclose the origination fee AFTER the application is complete and my credit is pulled. That's BULL. I wrote him back and told him to close the application and never contact me again. He was extremely rude and arrogant throughout the process, because I dared to ask probing questions which he did not want to answer until they pulled my credit and I was at their mercy. BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY!

Katie

July 13th, 2017 Sharon, MA

Loretta was excellent!! She was very helpful and was able to answer all my questions!

Hughey White

July 13th, 2017

Ms C made the loan process simple and easy, I am going to recomend a couple of friends,Thanks so much, Hugh

Chris I

July 12th, 2017 Pineville, LA

I am pleased overall with the quality of service and professionalism that Brittany gave me while helping me through the loan process. It was easy to get approved and the whole process took about 24 hours to complete and sign the loan documents. There are a couple of drawbacks, which may affect everyone differently. There is a loan origination fee up to 5% which you may get a discount on depending on your credit score. Your interest rate may be high as well depending on your credit score. That is the reason I am giving the rating of 9. I'm not pleased with those 2 factors, but I needed a loan and they provided it with no questions asked. My bills got paid within the 14 days like they promised, so I'm thankful for that. I called customer service for my welcome call once I received my funds and customer service was very professional and courteous and answered any questions I had. I was told to call back in 6 months and that if my credit score goes up and I made 6 consecutive payments without being late that my interest rate may drop. Overall I am very pleased with my decision to get a loan from Freedom Plus.

Sean

July 11th, 2017 Cedar Rapids, IA

It was pretty simple and straight forward, especially working with Treva, my representative. I couldn't have asked for a better, more professional rep. She was great, worked hard and fast on getting my loan.

D Gardner

July 7th, 2017

... I contacted them for a credit card consolidation loan to pay off my debt once and for all. My credit score was around 750 and I even sent them a screenshot of it... so clearly I'm able to make my payments and they declined me for my loan...total waste of time. Not helpful and they clearly don't understand what the value of a high credit score is.

Kenneth Gavins

July 6th, 2017 Defuniak Springs, FL

Customer support will not answer my email concerning my username and password. I can't see anything to do with my account.

Clancy Jayne

July 5th, 2017 Phoenix, AZ

You are NOT easy to communicate with. I have to mail everything to be sure you have what you ask for. The ID number you gave me does NOT work when signing on. Clancy Jayne

Lara Robinson

July 3rd, 2017 Alamo, CA

The entire process was very simple and quick. The loan specialist was great to work with and very knowledgeable. Excellent customer service!

Meaghan Calvert

July 3rd, 2017

So easy! Super friendly! Marcus was amazing to work with! Highly recommend!

Frankie Fells

July 3rd, 2017 Virginia Beach, VA

Chad did an awesome job. I teach Excellent Customer Service and Chad can rewrite the book on Customer Service. Thanks, Frankie Fells

Bettie J Belcher

June 30th, 2017

Jenny was very helpful through the loan process. She explained every aspect including timeliness.

Rebecca Brigman

June 30th, 2017

Very Helpful!!! Have had a great experience with your company... Everyone tries hard to meet your needs and seems to be very understanding...

larry dixon

June 30th, 2017 Houston, TX

Corey G was very professional during this whole process....kept in updated and informed of paperwork needed plus explained if I had to submit more information was feeling a little frustrated but he was really patient and understanding towards me..

Clark Richardson

June 30th, 2017 Dallas, TX

Anthony kept me informed, moved fast and got the deal done. Could not have expected anything better.

Ronald K McElhose

June 29th, 2017 Nederland, TX

I started out with Great Service! Everything was going fine and then the wrong company was paid and my bill was not! I paid the bill to avoid further charges and was told these funds would be deposited into my account. Never happened. I am out over $450.00 and no one can seem to help me. I keep being told someone will call me back, but no one calls.

Mike

June 28th, 2017

My experience with Freedom Plus was very pleasing. Everyone was so helpful and understanding. They really took time to explain everything so I would have no questions unanswered. Last, I was impressed with being able to contact them and their return calls.

Pam Wheeler

June 28th, 2017

Kept everything simple, quick, professional, pleasant to deal with

michelle Allen

June 28th, 2017 GA

Dealing with Kathi at Freedomplus was amazing. She was professional and courteous. It took 24 hours from point of contact to start the loan process to completion of the loan. Very smooth transaction.

Dawn

June 28th, 2017 Hugo, MN

My rep was absolutely fabulous! Brittany S. answered all of my 250 questions I had and was very professional. Very knowledgeable and patient with me. She answered her phone every single time I called her. Answered every email I sent her in a timely manner. She made sure I understood the things she was telling me before hanging up. My loan process just finalized 1 day ago, so I'm not sure about all the other reviews I may make in the future. But so far so good as far as customer service goes. Process was pretty smooth, just needed a few necessary documents to get rolling.

Russell

June 27th, 2017 Sacramento, CA

I had a terrible experience with Freedom Plus! They have no right of rescission once the loan docs have been sent. I tried to cancel only hours after returning the docs because I found a MUCH cheaper loan. They said they would "try" to cancel it. I was surprised weeks later when it wasn't canceled and the funds were sent anyways. I was given unreasonable dates to return the funds in order to wave the origination fees. I was charged for money I didn't want, didn't use, and I wouldn't recommend this company. Watch out!

D. D. E

June 25th, 2017

Outstanding service from start to finish! Kegan A was amazing from start to finish! Thanks for making this so easy!

Lucinda Perez

June 25th, 2017

My loan specialist, Heather O, was great and she was very informative. She followed up with me by email and by phone. I love that I was able to scan and email my documents to her to get my credit card consolidation loan processed faster. I got a much better rate than I expected.

SPA

June 24th, 2017

Chloe was excellent in assisting me in getting approval for a debit consolidation loan. She was very personable and professional, asking additional questions to help reduce my interest rate. Chloe's years of experience definitely shines through while working with her customers. Thank you FreedomPlus in helping me consolidate my debit at a lower interest rate, and minimal origination fee. I would definitely recommend FreedomPlus and Chloe to assist you in consolidating your debt.

Annie

June 24th, 2017

The customer service is great, until you call with an issue. I had a few urgent things come up financially. I called Freedom Plus/Financial to have my withdrawal date temporarily changed for one month (for a later deduction date). I was advised during the first call I made, that my request was submitted. I called the next day to make sure everything was in order, I was told the date was changed and all is well. Two days later, the payment that was supposed to come out at a later date, was withdrawn from my bank account. I called their customer service again (for the third time) and was given an apology and I was told to email screenshot of the money being withdrawn from my bank account. I complied, and I was told that the refund request was given to a supervisor for approval. I was also told that the funds would be back in my bank account by the end of the business day, no later than the next day. Well, the next day came and the money wasn't returned (this was a Thursday). So, I called customer service again (4th time/Friday morning), spoke to a representative that told me a supervisor never approved the refund. She said she put through a request, I explained that I didn't trust that, seeing I've been lied to since day one. I asked the rep, who governs them (government agency), she said she didn't know. I told her to put me on hold and go ask her leadership. She came back to the line and told me that no one governs them and that they are just a load servicing company that works for a group of investors that are associated with Cross River Bank. The representative became frustrated with me and I ended the call. I called back later on Friday afternoon (the same day), to check to see if the request had been approved, and it hadn't. I was also instructed, that refunds don't occur the same day, like I was advised the day prior. I was told that the request was forwarded over, the money would be refunded in 1-2 business days. I asked the representative for the names of the previous reps I spoke to and the dates and times they show that these conversations occurred, to compare them to my records. She laughed at me, and when I asked her what was so funny, she said that me asking for all this info. I then told her, that this situation isn't funny and I explained to her the poor customer service I have received, the misinformation given, the lack of action on their behalf and the financial, etc. impact of all of this. I then asked her again, what was so funny…she told me she had nothing else to say and she became very rude as well as dismissive-which she started exhibiting this behavior earlier on in the conversation, but it became more apparent towards the end. This is the worse company I have ever dealt with! The way I have been treated and the information on who Freedom Plus/Financial really is…is all the reason I need to file every charge and complaint about this company that I can. To warn others and helping them avoid doing business with these, lying, cheating over charging, unprofessional people!

Vickie Gibbs

June 23rd, 2017

Very professional customer service. Very smooth process with all of my questions answered.

Jeanne Lafauci

June 22nd, 2017

Ken was the loan officer I dealt with. I cannot express enough how wonderful he was. I was nervous at first because I had two loans out with lenders already and I had been thinking it would be so much easier to just pay one payment per month. I received an email today and decided to see if I could do that. Ken was so helpful. He made it so easy for me. I cannot believe how fast to get approved was. Thank you so much what wonderful customer service.

K R Bohman

June 22nd, 2017 El Segundo, CA

Loan representative, Nicole, was extremely courteous and helpful. Process was very easy.

DOREEN OSA

June 22nd, 2017

I filed for a loan and was accepted. Debbie was the lady who I got the loan from and Carolyn was the lady from the support customer service, both ladies were exceptionally nice and very helpful.

Mynette Cannata

June 21st, 2017 Hacienda Heights, CA

When I called FreedomPlus I was very hesitant to make a decision to process a personal loan, as this was the first time I had done this. Karie was my loan consultant over the phone, and she took the time to walk me through the process to make me feel at ease. She went over all my questions in great detail, and was very patient. Once we processed the loan, she sent me emails to follow up and called me the next day to let me know the loan paperwork was ready to sign. Karie made this process very smooth, and I felt confident that she would make sure everything was processed. I have already recommended my friend to Karie. Thank you for such good customer service Karie . It was a pleasure working with you.

Jeffery Crawford

June 21st, 2017

Very direct process, easy to apply and my loan was approved very quickly.

Aidai K Sawyer

June 19th, 2017 Boston, MA

Amanda was extremely helpful, efficient, and professional. Very pleasant to deal with. Thank you, Amanda!

Anthony F Casadonte

June 16th, 2017 Irvine, CA

Timely, efficient service. Prompt response and clear terms.

Ivan Montesdeoca

June 15th, 2017 Marina Del Rey, CA

This lender is not to be trusted, my credit is 714 and they promised you lower rates and lower origination fees, but they LIE. They ask to run your credit just to try to go around the bushes and increase your rate for any reason. I provided all the documents about my income and they just played LOAN SHARK! Long story short I am glad I said no and went to another lender with lower rates better monthly and less shady business.

Annamaria Christensen

June 15th, 2017

Very thorough in explaining. Very nice person.