Since its founding in 2014, FreedomPlus has aimed to create a unique and valuable personal loan experience for its customers. The lending company consistently does this by providing quality loans that meet individual needs through its sophisticated yet simple application and vetting process. FreedomPlus also provides professional advice through knowledgeable loan consultants and experts.

Read FreedomPlus reviews below to see what consumers have to say about this lender.

The Good

• Quality Customer Service
  • Flexible Loan Terms
  • Same-Day Lending Decisions
  • FreedomPlus Reviews
  • Simple Loan Application Process
  • FreedomPlus Credit Score Requirement
  • Fixed-Rate Loan and Payments
  • Debt Consolidation Loans
  • No Prepayment Fees
  • FreedomPlus Max Personal Loan Amount

Quality Customer Service

FreedomPlus provides quality customer service to its borrowers primarily through its loan consultants. Customer service and loan consultants help you make the best financial decisions while balancing your financial needs.

The company offers a simple and easy-to-use form to start your loan process online and allows you to call when you start your application with any questions. Friendly and knowledgeable loan consultants and experts are able to assist you throughout your application. User reviews indicate these interactions are extremely valuable for potential customers. Customer service also handles complaints. There is little to no wait time for customer service.

Flexible Loan Terms

FreedomPlus has flexible loan terms ranging from two to five years. FreedomPlus also allows borrowers to pay off loans earlier than the loan due date, so your loan repayment can ultimately be as brief as you'd like. This could save you a great deal of money in interest fees if you decide to repay the loan before your official payoff date.

Same-Day Lending Decisions

FreedomPlus offers same-day loan decisions. However, this isn't guaranteed and will fluctuate based on your provided documentation, application verification, what time of day it is, etc. Having a quick loan decision from online lenders makes it faster and simpler for borrowers to find a personal loan that works best for them and is available as soon as possible.

FreedomPlus Reviews

FreedomPlus has an exceptional star rating from consumers. Quality reviews demonstrate to consumers that FreedomPlus is a trustworthy and high-standard lender. Reviews highlight reasonable rates and fees, simple repayment options, and exceptional customer service. This can provide peace of mind to potential borrowers that FreedomPlus is a good choice for their personal loan needs.

Simple Loan Application Process

Receiving your loan as fast as possible is a highly desired feature for most, if not all, borrowers.

FreedomPlus's intuitive initial online application takes a few minutes at most. Simply select the loan amount you are looking to borrow, describe the reason for taking out the loan (home repairs, credit card refinancing, consolidation loans, etc.), submit your credit rating (based on your credit score), what state you live in, then your name and phone number or email address.

From there, a loan consultant will get in touch with you to complete the transaction. FreedomPlus has extremely fast approval and funding times. It can usually approve your loan and get the money in your hands in as little as three days. Your loan repayment term can range from 24 months–60 months, with rates from 5.99 percent APR–29.99 percent APR.

FreedomPlus Credit Score Requirement

If your credit history is less than perfect, FreedomPlus might be a good match. Unlike many competing lenders, at 620, FreedomPlus has a lower minimum credit score requirement. A 620 FICO score is below average for Americans, is considered bad credit or fair credit.

You will still receive better rates and repayment terms, the higher your credit score is, but a lower credit score requirement allows for a wider range of borrowers. Requirements of competing personal loan providers are generally higher:

• Best Egg minimum credit: 640
  • SoFi minimum credit: 680
  • Lending Club minimum credit: 699
  • Discover minimum credit: 750

Fixed-Rate Loan and Payments

FreedomPlus offers loans with an annual percentage rate from 5.99–29.99 percent, including the loan origination fee.  On top of that, it uses fixed monthly payments, so your monthly payment amount will never fluctuate. FreedomPlus also has fixed rates, so your APR will never be subject to change, as it can with a variable rate. This can provide peace of mind and stability to borrowers knowing the numbers they receive in the beginning will be the same throughout the lifespan of their loan.

Debt Consolidation Loans

If you are seeking personal loans for debt relief, its important to know that FreedomPlus helps with debt consolidation and debt settlement by working with creditors on your behalf. For example, if you are seeking a personal loan to help tackle credit card debt, FreedomPlus will exclude said credit card debt from your debt-to-income ratio and pay off the credit card once you are approved. This service can help you qualify for more money and make bill payments simple.

You could even qualify for rate discounts if you let FreedomPlus pay your creditors on your behalf, have retirement assets, or apply with a cosigner.

No Prepayment Fees

FreedomPlus does not charge any prepayment fees, regardless of when you decide to pay off your loan. This means you can pay off your loan anytime you want, regardless of your loan term. FreedomPlus also has fixed rate loans and one fixed monthly payment, so your APR will never fluctuate. This provides stability for borrowers and the opportunity to save money in interest charges if they want to pay off the loan early.

FreedomPlus Max Personal Loan Amount

FreedomPlus has a max personal loan amount of $40,000 with a minimum loan amount of $7,500. Funds are available within 48 hours of credit approval (at least a 620 credit score required), and the APR ranges between 5.99 percent and 29.99 percent. You can have a FreedomPlus personal loan for up to five years.

The Bad

Origination Fees

FreedomPlus charges an origination fee between 0 percent and 5 percent on its personal loans. While a fee like this isn't necessarily exorbitant for the industry, some industry leaders omit such processing fees from their loan applications altogether, but they are still quite common.

The Bottom Line

The most important factor to consider when choosing between potential personal loan companies is whether their loan parameters meet your borrowing needs. In other words, does the length of the loan, interest rate, monthly installment payment, and borrowing amount match what you need in a loan?

FreedomPlus personal loans accept FICO scores starting at 620. They have wide parameters for interest rates, high loan amounts, quick approval times, flexible loan terms, and no hidden fees. Having a large number of positive reviews, FreedomPlus complaints are limited and customers highlight exceptional customer service, a painless loan process, and great loan rates.

FreedomPlus is a great option for your personal loan needs. Whether you're wanting to consolidate debt, cover home repairs, or fund other expenses, FreedomPlus is a quality lender.

*All loans available through FreedomPlus.com are made by Cross River Bank, a New Jersey State Chartered Commercial Bank, Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender. All loan and rate terms are subject to eligibility restrictions, application review, credit score, loan amount, loan term, lender approval, and credit usage and history. Eligibility for a loan is not guaranteed. Loans are not available to residents of all states – please call a FreedomPlus representative for further details. The following limitations, in addition to others, shall apply: FreedomPlus does not arrange loans in: (i) Arizona under $10,500; (ii) Massachusetts under $6,500, (iii) Ohio under $5,500, and (iv) Georgia under $3,500. Repayment periods range from 24 to 60 months. The range of APRs on loans made available through FreedomPlus is 5.99% to a maximum of 29.99%. APR. The APR calculation includes all applicable fees, including the loan origination fee. For Example, a four year $20,000 loan with an interest rate of 15.49% and corresponding APR of 18.34% would have an estimated monthly payment of $561.60 and a total cost payable of $7,948.13. To qualify for a 5.99% APR loan, a borrower will need excellent credit on a loan for an amount less than $14,000.00, and with a term equal to 24 months. Adding a co-borrower with sufficient income; using at least eighty-five percent (85%) of the loan proceeds to directly pay off qualifying existing debt; or showing proof of sufficient retirement savings, could help you qualify.

Chris I

July 12th, 2017 Pineville, LA

I am pleased overall with the quality of service and professionalism that Brittany gave me while helping me through the loan process. It was easy to get approved and the whole process took about 24 hours to complete and sign the loan documents. There are a couple of drawbacks, which may affect everyone differently. There is a loan origination fee up to 5% which you may get a discount on depending on your credit score. Your interest rate may be high as well depending on your credit score. That is the reason I am giving the rating of 9. I'm not pleased with those 2 factors, but I needed a loan and they provided it with no questions asked. My bills got paid within the 14 days like they promised, so I'm thankful for that. I called customer service for my welcome call once I received my funds and customer service was very professional and courteous and answered any questions I had. I was told to call back in 6 months and that if my credit score goes up and I made 6 consecutive payments without being late that my interest rate may drop. Overall I am very pleased with my decision to get a loan from Freedom Plus.

Sean

July 11th, 2017 Cedar Rapids, IA

It was pretty simple and straight forward, especially working with Treva, my representative. I couldn't have asked for a better, more professional rep. She was great, worked hard and fast on getting my loan.

D Gardner

July 7th, 2017

... I contacted them for a credit card consolidation loan to pay off my debt once and for all. My credit score was around 750 and I even sent them a screenshot of it... so clearly I'm able to make my payments and they declined me for my loan...total waste of time. Not helpful and they clearly don't understand what the value of a high credit score is.

Kenneth Gavins

July 7th, 2017 Defuniak Springs, FL

Customer support will not answer my email concerning my username and password. I can't see anything to do with my account.

Clancy Jayne

July 5th, 2017 Phoenix, AZ

You are NOT easy to communicate with. I have to mail everything to be sure you have what you ask for. The ID number you gave me does NOT work when signing on. Clancy Jayne

Bettie J Belcher

July 5th, 2017

Jenny was very helpful through the loan process. She explained every aspect including timeliness.

Frankie Fells

July 5th, 2017 Virginia Beach, VA

Chad did an awesome job. I teach Excellent Customer Service and Chad can rewrite the book on Customer Service. Thanks, Frankie Fells

Meaghan Calvert

July 5th, 2017

So easy! Super friendly! Marcus was amazing to work with! Highly recommend!

Lara Robinson

July 5th, 2017 Alamo, CA

The entire process was very simple and quick. The loan specialist was great to work with and very knowledgeable. Excellent customer service!

larry dixon

June 30th, 2017 Houston, TX

Corey G was very professional during this whole process....kept in updated and informed of paperwork needed plus explained if I had to submit more information was feeling a little frustrated but he was really patient and understanding towards me..

Clark Richardson

June 30th, 2017 Dallas, TX

Anthony kept me informed, moved fast and got the deal done. Could not have expected anything better.

Rebecca Brigman

June 30th, 2017

Very Helpful!!! Have had a great experience with your company... Everyone tries hard to meet your needs and seems to be very understanding...

Pam Wheeler

June 29th, 2017

Kept everything simple, quick, professional, pleasant to deal with

Mike

June 29th, 2017

My experience with Freedom Plus was very pleasing. Everyone was so helpful and understanding. They really took time to explain everything so I would have no questions unanswered. Last, I was impressed with being able to contact them and their return calls.

Ronald K McElhose

June 29th, 2017 Nederland, TX

I started out with Great Service! Everything was going fine and then the wrong company was paid and my bill was not! I paid the bill to avoid further charges and was told these funds would be deposited into my account. Never happened. I am out over $450.00 and no one can seem to help me. I keep being told someone will call me back, but no one calls.

Dawn

June 28th, 2017 Hugo, MN

My rep was absolutely fabulous! Brittany S. answered all of my 250 questions I had and was very professional. Very knowledgeable and patient with me. She answered her phone every single time I called her. Answered every email I sent her in a timely manner. She made sure I understood the things she was telling me before hanging up. My loan process just finalized 1 day ago, so I'm not sure about all the other reviews I may make in the future. But so far so good as far as customer service goes. Process was pretty smooth, just needed a few necessary documents to get rolling.

michelle Allen

June 28th, 2017 GA

Dealing with Kathi at Freedomplus was amazing. She was professional and courteous. It took 24 hours from point of contact to start the loan process to completion of the loan. Very smooth transaction.

Russell

June 27th, 2017 Sacramento, CA

I had a terrible experience with Freedom Plus! They have no right of rescission once the loan docs have been sent. I tried to cancel only hours after returning the docs because I found a MUCH cheaper loan. They said they would "try" to cancel it. I was surprised weeks later when it wasn't canceled and the funds were sent anyways. I was given unreasonable dates to return the funds in order to wave the origination fees. I was charged for money I didn't want, didn't use, and I wouldn't recommend this company. Watch out!

Annie

June 26th, 2017

The customer service is great, until you call with an issue. I had a few urgent things come up financially. I called Freedom Plus/Financial to have my withdrawal date temporarily changed for one month (for a later deduction date). I was advised during the first call I made, that my request was submitted. I called the next day to make sure everything was in order, I was told the date was changed and all is well. Two days later, the payment that was supposed to come out at a later date, was withdrawn from my bank account. I called their customer service again (for the third time) and was given an apology and I was told to email screenshot of the money being withdrawn from my bank account. I complied, and I was told that the refund request was given to a supervisor for approval. I was also told that the funds would be back in my bank account by the end of the business day, no later than the next day. Well, the next day came and the money wasn't returned (this was a Thursday). So, I called customer service again (4th time/Friday morning), spoke to a representative that told me a supervisor never approved the refund. She said she put through a request, I explained that I didn't trust that, seeing I've been lied to since day one. I asked the rep, who governs them (government agency), she said she didn't know. I told her to put me on hold and go ask her leadership. She came back to the line and told me that no one governs them and that they are just a load servicing company that works for a group of investors that are associated with Cross River Bank. The representative became frustrated with me and I ended the call. I called back later on Friday afternoon (the same day), to check to see if the request had been approved, and it hadn't. I was also instructed, that refunds don't occur the same day, like I was advised the day prior. I was told that the request was forwarded over, the money would be refunded in 1-2 business days. I asked the representative for the names of the previous reps I spoke to and the dates and times they show that these conversations occurred, to compare them to my records. She laughed at me, and when I asked her what was so funny, she said that me asking for all this info. I then told her, that this situation isn't funny and I explained to her the poor customer service I have received, the misinformation given, the lack of action on their behalf and the financial, etc. impact of all of this. I then asked her again, what was so funny…she told me she had nothing else to say and she became very rude as well as dismissive-which she started exhibiting this behavior earlier on in the conversation, but it became more apparent towards the end. This is the worse company I have ever dealt with! The way I have been treated and the information on who Freedom Plus/Financial really is…is all the reason I need to file every charge and complaint about this company that I can. To warn others and helping them avoid doing business with these, lying, cheating over charging, unprofessional people!

SPA

June 26th, 2017

Chloe was excellent in assisting me in getting approval for a debit consolidation loan. She was very personable and professional, asking additional questions to help reduce my interest rate. Chloe's years of experience definitely shines through while working with her customers. Thank you FreedomPlus in helping me consolidate my debit at a lower interest rate, and minimal origination fee. I would definitely recommend FreedomPlus and Chloe to assist you in consolidating your debt.

Lucinda Perez

June 26th, 2017

My loan specialist, Heather O, was great and she was very informative. She followed up with me by email and by phone. I love that I was able to scan and email my documents to her to get my credit card consolidation loan processed faster. I got a much better rate than I expected.

D. D. E

June 26th, 2017

Outstanding service from start to finish! Kegan A was amazing from start to finish! Thanks for making this so easy!

Vickie Gibbs

June 23rd, 2017

Very professional customer service. Very smooth process with all of my questions answered.

Jeanne Lafauci

June 23rd, 2017

Ken was the loan officer I dealt with. I cannot express enough how wonderful he was. I was nervous at first because I had two loans out with lenders already and I had been thinking it would be so much easier to just pay one payment per month. I received an email today and decided to see if I could do that. Ken was so helpful. He made it so easy for me. I cannot believe how fast to get approved was. Thank you so much what wonderful customer service.

K R Bohman

June 23rd, 2017 El Segundo, CA

Loan representative, Nicole, was extremely courteous and helpful. Process was very easy.

DOREEN OSA

June 22nd, 2017

I filed for a loan and was accepted. Debbie was the lady who I got the loan from and Carolyn was the lady from the support customer service, both ladies were exceptionally nice and very helpful.

Mynette Cannata

June 22nd, 2017 Hacienda Heights, CA

When I called FreedomPlus I was very hesitant to make a decision to process a personal loan, as this was the first time I had done this. Karie was my loan consultant over the phone, and she took the time to walk me through the process to make me feel at ease. She went over all my questions in great detail, and was very patient. Once we processed the loan, she sent me emails to follow up and called me the next day to let me know the loan paperwork was ready to sign. Karie made this process very smooth, and I felt confident that she would make sure everything was processed. I have already recommended my friend to Karie. Thank you for such good customer service Karie . It was a pleasure working with you.

Jeffery Crawford

June 21st, 2017

Very direct process, easy to apply and my loan was approved very quickly.

Aidai K Sawyer

June 19th, 2017 Boston, MA

Amanda was extremely helpful, efficient, and professional. Very pleasant to deal with. Thank you, Amanda!

Anthony F Casadonte

June 16th, 2017 Irvine, CA

Timely, efficient service. Prompt response and clear terms.

Annamaria Christensen

June 15th, 2017

Very thorough in explaining. Very nice person.

Ivan Montesdeoca

June 15th, 2017 Marina Del Rey, CA

This lender is not to be trusted, my credit is 714 and they promised you lower rates and lower origination fees, but they LIE. They ask to run your credit just to try to go around the bushes and increase your rate for any reason. I provided all the documents about my income and they just played LOAN SHARK! Long story short I am glad I said no and went to another lender with lower rates better monthly and less shady business.

Derek Jernigan

June 14th, 2017 Glen Allen, VA

Troy was very professional and extremely helpful. Process was easy, efficient and quick. I was able to get the rate I wanted to pay off high interest loans. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Highly recommend!

Cecil Frazier

June 14th, 2017 Sandersville, GA

The Loan process was very pleasant and smooth. Customer service excellent.

Mark

June 8th, 2017 Columbia, MD

Brittany was fantastic. Very professional and prompt service. Rates are very competitive.

Michelle Brovitz

June 8th, 2017 Clemmons, NC

Customer service is fantastic but there were a few details that arose that were unexpected/unanticipated. This is still a great company to do business with, from my experience.

Michael

June 8th, 2017 Danielsville, PA

I was nervous about this, but they explained everything and made me feel good in what I was doing. They explained things well, understood my situation and put me at ease and were easy to work with.

Richard Hankla

June 7th, 2017

I can't express how reassuring it is to speak to someone like Heather that speaks english, knows about the product she is selling. In addition lives in the U.S. and not some other country, people like Heather will help your company grow. Everything about this loan was made very clear through Heather, she is a ALL-STAR EMPLOYEE!!

Terri

June 6th, 2017

No pressure. Professional and prompt. Rates are very competitive.

Karen B Sethman

June 5th, 2017 Mentor, OH

Sales representative was very good explaining the process and what would work for me.

Helen Faircloth

June 5th, 2017

Jake R was very patient, considerate, and most of all...informative. He is most definately one of FreedomPlus' assets !!

Bruce Cramer

June 5th, 2017 Palm Harbor, FL

For the first time in a long time we have found someone with a real English speaking, nice, friendly, and very great person! You guys are alright!

Virginia A Rudolphi

June 5th, 2017 Jamestown, PA

Great plan and liked the service, provided my needs to do what I needed to finish up in Real Estate. The market

Anthony J Route Jr

June 5th, 2017

My experience with Freedom Plus had been excellent. The representatives were always professional, and handle my account expertly. I would recommend Freedom Plus to all my family and friends.

Maryann Peischl

June 5th, 2017 Memphis, TN

I just called in for help setting up my login credentials and the agent was excellent - very personable and helpful!

Madeline Palmer

June 5th, 2017

Quick, easy process for our loan. Great customer service.M

Cindy Druien

June 5th, 2017

Loved, Loved, Loved working with Brittney M. She was incredibly helpful in assisting me to obtain my consolidation loan!! 5 Stars for her service. Thank you so much!! It was such a positive experience. Loan rates are super!

Kristie

June 5th, 2017 Tampa, FL

This company never resolves the problem they created and each time I call them, it only makes it worse. I asked to change my payment date a couple of months back and they have pulled payments at various random times putting me in an overdraft situation on multiple occasions. I have made numerous calls and sent emails but they still haven't made any attempt to get it right. They also don't reply to any emails or call back when promised. I strongly caution anyone considering Freedomplus. It has cost me far more than the term of my loan - money, time and frustration.

Norma

June 5th, 2017 Hollywood, FL

I have a great experience because Chloe B walk me through all the necessary details needed for a fast approval of my loan. Being my first time to have a personal loan, Chloe guided me with this journey. Kudos Chloe! For being efficient and professional and also you are an excellent asset of your company. God bless you always.

Horace Flowers

June 1st, 2017

Loretta R. was very professional and helpful to us, and made our decision to go with Freedom Plus very easy.