Since its founding in 2014, FreedomPlus has aimed to create a unique and valuable personal loan experience for its customers. The lending company consistently does this by providing quality loans that meet individual needs through its sophisticated yet simple application and vetting process. FreedomPlus also provides professional advice through knowledgeable loan consultants and experts.

Jump down to FreedomPlus reviews to see what consumers have to say about this lender.

Megaphone Icon

Key Takeaways:

• Over 3/4ths of all the FreedomPlus reviews are five-star
  • A FreedomPlus personal loan extends up to $40,000
  • No pre-payment fees and flexible loan terms ranging from 2-5 years
  • One of the lowest credit score requirements in comparison to other personal loan companies
  • Unique services to help with credit card debt consolidation
  • Charges an origination fee between 0-4.99%
  • APR rate range from 7.99%–29.99% (As of June 2020)

The Good

• Quality Customer Service
  • Flexible Loan Terms
  • Same-Day Lending Decisions
  • FreedomPlus Reviews
  • Simple Loan Application Process
  • FreedomPlus Credit Score Requirement
  • Fixed-Rate Loan and Payments
  • Debt Consolidation Loans
  • No Prepayment Fees
  • FreedomPlus Max Personal Loan Amount

Quality Customer Service

FreedomPlus provides quality customer service to its borrowers primarily through its loan consultants. Customer service and loan consultants help you make the best financial decisions while balancing your financial needs.

The company offers a simple and easy-to-use form to start your loan process online and allows you to call when you start your application with any questions. Friendly and knowledgeable loan consultants and experts are able to assist you throughout your application. User reviews indicate these interactions are extremely valuable for potential customers. Customer service also handles complaints. There is little to no wait time for customer service.

Flexible Loan Terms

FreedomPlus has flexible loan terms ranging from two to five years. FreedomPlus also allows borrowers to pay off loans earlier than the loan due date, so your loan repayment can ultimately be as brief as you'd like. This could save you a great deal of money in interest fees if you decide to repay the loan before your official payoff date.

Same-Day Lending Decisions

FreedomPlus offers same-day loan decisions. However, this isn't guaranteed and will fluctuate based on your provided documentation, application verification, what time of day it is, etc. With error free applications you can expect the FreedomPlus loan process to be completed in as little as one day with funds to be made available within 48 hours. The process involves:

• Filling out the online application
  • Deciding on your loan amount and loan term
  • Waiting for a credit decision to be made
  • Uploading legal documentation and reviewing the loan contract
  • Receiving your personal loan funds

Having a quick loan decision from online lenders makes it faster and simpler for borrowers to find a personal loan that works best for them.

FreedomPlus Reviews

FreedomPlus has an exceptional star rating from consumers. Quality reviews demonstrate to consumers that FreedomPlus is a trustworthy and high-standard lender. Reviews highlight reasonable rates and fees, simple repayment options, and exceptional customer service. This can provide peace of mind to potential borrowers that FreedomPlus is a good choice for their personal loan needs.

Simple Loan Application Process

Receiving your loan as fast as possible is a highly desired feature for most, if not all, borrowers.

FreedomPlus's intuitive initial online application takes a few minutes at most. Simply select the loan amount you are looking to borrow, describe the reason for taking out the loan (home repairs, credit card refinancing, consolidation loans, etc.), submit your credit rating (based on your credit score), what state you live in, then your name and phone number or email address.

From there, a loan consultant will get in touch with you to complete the transaction. FreedomPlus has extremely fast approval and funding times. It can usually approve your loan and get the money in your hands in as little as three days. Your loan repayment term can range from 24 months–60 months, with rates from 5.99 percent APR–29.99 percent APR.

FreedomPlus Credit Score Requirement

If your credit history is less than perfect, FreedomPlus might be a good match. Unlike many competing lenders, at 620, FreedomPlus has a lower minimum credit score requirement. A 620 FICO score is below average for Americans, is considered bad credit or fair credit.

You will still receive better rates and repayment terms, the higher your credit score is, but a lower credit score requirement allows for a wider range of borrowers. Requirements of competing personal loan providers are generally higher:

• Best Egg minimum credit: 640
  • SoFi minimum credit: 680
  • Lending Club minimum credit: 699
  • Discover minimum credit: 750

Fixed-Rate Loan and Payments

FreedomPlus offers loans with an annual percentage rate from 5.99–29.99 percent, including the loan origination fee.  On top of that, it uses fixed monthly payments, so your monthly payment amount will never fluctuate. FreedomPlus also has fixed rates, so your APR will never be subject to change, as it can with a variable rate. This can provide peace of mind and stability to borrowers knowing the numbers they receive in the beginning will be the same throughout the lifespan of their loan.

Debt Consolidation Loans

If you are seeking personal loans for debt relief, its important to know that FreedomPlus helps with debt consolidation and debt settlement by working with creditors on your behalf. For example, if you are seeking a personal loan to help tackle credit card debt, FreedomPlus will exclude said credit card debt from your debt-to-income ratio and pay off the credit card once you are approved. This service can help you qualify for more money and make bill payments simple.

You could even qualify for rate discounts if you let FreedomPlus pay your creditors on your behalf, have retirement assets, or apply with a cosigner.

No Prepayment Fees

FreedomPlus does not charge any prepayment fees, regardless of when you decide to pay off your loan. This means you can pay off your loan anytime you want, regardless of your loan term. FreedomPlus also has fixed rate loans and one fixed monthly payment, so your APR will never fluctuate. This provides stability for borrowers and the opportunity to save money in interest charges if they want to pay off the loan early.

FreedomPlus Max Personal Loan Amount

FreedomPlus has a max personal loan amount of $40,000 with a minimum loan amount of $7,500. Funds are available within 48 hours of credit approval (at least a 620 credit score required), and the APR ranges between 5.99 percent and 29.99 percent. You can have a FreedomPlus personal loan for up to five years.

The Bad

Origination Fees

FreedomPlus charges an origination fee between 0-4.99% on its personal loans. While a fee like this isn't necessarily exorbitant for the industry, some industry leaders omit such processing fees from their loan applications altogether, but they are still quite common.

It is unclear how exactly FreedomPlus calculates its origination fees. On its website it states that, "origination fees are calculated on the final loan size and vary based on the interest rate and term selected." Make sure to talk with a representative at FreedomPlus so that you have a better idea of what this fee may look like for you.

The Bottom Line

The most important factor to consider when choosing between potential personal loan companies is whether their loan parameters meet your borrowing needs. In other words, does the length of the loan, interest rate, monthly installment payment, and borrowing amount match what you need in a loan?

FreedomPlus personal loans accept FICO scores starting at 620. They have wide parameters for interest rates, high loan amounts, quick approval times, flexible loan terms, and no hidden fees. Having a large number of positive reviews, FreedomPlus complaints are limited and customers highlight exceptional customer service, a painless loan process, and great loan rates.

FreedomPlus is a great option for your personal loan needs. Whether you're wanting to consolidate debt, cover home repairs, or fund other expenses, FreedomPlus is a quality lender.

*All loans available through FreedomPlus.com are made by Cross River Bank, a New Jersey State Chartered Commercial Bank, Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender. All loan and rate terms are subject to eligibility restrictions, application review, credit score, loan amount, loan term, lender approval, and credit usage and history. Eligibility for a loan is not guaranteed. Loans are not available to residents of all states – please call a FreedomPlus representative for further details. The following limitations, in addition to others, shall apply: FreedomPlus does not arrange loans in: (i) Arizona under $10,500; (ii) Massachusetts under $6,500, (iii) Ohio under $5,500, and (iv) Georgia under $3,500. Repayment periods range from 24 to 60 months. The range of APRs on loans made available through FreedomPlus is 5.99% to a maximum of 29.99%. APR. The APR calculation includes all applicable fees, including the loan origination fee. For Example, a four year $20,000 loan with an interest rate of 15.49% and corresponding APR of 18.34% would have an estimated monthly payment of $561.60 and a total cost payable of $7,948.13. To qualify for a 5.99% APR loan, a borrower will need excellent credit on a loan for an amount less than $14,000.00, and with a term equal to 24 months. Adding a co-borrower with sufficient income; using at least eighty-five percent (85%) of the loan proceeds to directly pay off qualifying existing debt; or showing proof of sufficient retirement savings, could help you qualify.

Agnes Ceniza

September 7th, 2017

David, our representative, made the process so easy! I was given a call soon after I applied for the loan, and he was patient in explaining the things I didn't understand and gave me the options I needed to make the decision. He was also very quick to respond to inquiries and made the process stress free!

Ali

September 7th, 2017 Des Plaines, IL

I got $16000 loan in less than 2 hours! customer service it was awesome! specially Nathan Mufara

Estella

September 5th, 2017 Marietta, GA

Kari W. is extremely proficient and she ensured that the entire process was quick, thoroughly explained and simple!

Rachel

September 5th, 2017

Great customer service. SUPER rate. Refinanced a refinance from another company got better rate AND better service. Michael P. Was pleasant and helpful. Answered all my questions and was easy to get a hold of by phone.

Geraldine Marberry

September 5th, 2017 Killeen, TX

I have never experienced such excellent customer service as I have from Freedom Plus! Starting at loan officer and ending with their customer service department. A company you can trust.

William Oliphant

August 31st, 2017 Cocoa, FL

it was fast easy and very nice and helpful , and generous .

Jorge G

August 30th, 2017

the process was quick and painless. especially appreciate my loan rep brittany s.

Joyce Ashcraft

August 29th, 2017 Meridian, ID

It was a pleasure doing business with this company. I refinanced my loan and everyone was very helpful and kind. I thank Joe W and all the staff for a quick and painless process.

Mary

August 28th, 2017

Amanda went above and beyond to help me during the loan process. I appreciate all she did to assist me along the way. The outcome wasn't as expected, but she treated me with dignity and respect and I couldn't ask for anything more than that.

Katie B.

August 28th, 2017

My loan consultant, Ron R. was fabulous! The process was quick, easy and painless. While there may be an origination fee (modest, in my case), the interest rate I received was nearly 5% lower than other lenders' offers. Having a direct contact with a single person is a plus.

Patricia Liner

August 25th, 2017 Alexander City, AL

My loan officer, Ron R, was incredible! He was knowledgeable, professional, efficient, and thorough. He was very easy to work with and made the whole loan process stress free. The interest rate I got was much better than other loan companies. I'm very pleased.

Sam

August 25th, 2017 Seattle, WA

Mr G very courteous and helpful. He knows his job thoroughly.

Jose

August 24th, 2017 Deerfield Beach, FL

Heather O. was thorough in covering important details and did great job monitoring and following up steps of process to completion.

Rosa Carrasquillo

August 24th, 2017

Joseph W. Was very helpful throughout the process. If you had any questions he was able to explain to you in detail.

Gwen B.

August 24th, 2017 Lubbock, TX

Nick, the gentleman I talked to was extremely helpful on my applying!!!

Keith

August 23rd, 2017 Ann Arbor, MI

Loretta R. was very thorough and helpful throughout the loan approval process. She kept me informed and responded to my emails very quickly. She was very nice to talk to and made the loan process feel hassle-free.

Heidi

August 22nd, 2017 Palm Desert, CA

Brittany S. was so helpful during this process, she made it very easy and stress free. I appreciate all the time and explanation I received regarding the options available to me. Thank you Brittany.

GREGORY

August 21st, 2017

everyone was very helpful and made very easy for me to apply

Charlise Mealer

August 21st, 2017

Our loan associate was extremely informative, courteous, and helpful. Kept in touch on regular basis and answered all questions. She should be rated a value ++ for her service.

Amy Stump

August 21st, 2017 Millbury, MA

Treva Y was amazing ! so very helpful , always friendly and a pleasure to deal with

Zena Pitts

August 17th, 2017 Charlotte, NC

Adan N was great and he explained everything to ease my mind. Great Job

Betty Ashdown

August 17th, 2017 Corona, CA

Very helpful people who advised me of the best loan for me. The process was very efficient

Denise Clifford

August 14th, 2017 Ipswich, MA

Kory J at FreedomPlus was great to work with, he was professional, patient and very helpful in my obtaining a consolidation loan. My initial contact presented a few problems, individuals were not getting back to me as they stated they would, I was leaving messages & still wasn't getting calls returned. Once the application was turned over to Kory, things went much easier. I was disappointed that I didn't qualify for the initial loan amount I requested, but understood that my income was a result of the decreased loan amount I was being offered. It will work out for me in the long run and for that I'm pleased, I will have my credit card debt paid off in a fraction of the time it would have otherwise taken, even though I've always paid well over the minimum payment required.

Karen Green

August 14th, 2017

Brittney M. was very professional and a pleasure to work with, she's an outstanding loan officer .

Steve Long

August 11th, 2017 Los Alamos, NM

A really easy process. Allen K was very professional and I enjoyed working with him. About as painless as it gets. I'm a lawyer and I was completely satisfied with the disclosures and transparency.

Mike C

August 11th, 2017 Taylor, MI

Great customer service from Chloe B. She made the entire process simple and smooth.

Chuck Doria

August 9th, 2017 Greenville, SC

Fantastic experience with a true professional. It was easy, fast and enjoyable. The best borrowing experience I've hand in my nearly 50 years of obtaining credit for my various needs.

Shelley Tinnon

August 9th, 2017

Dorris was so great to work with. Very prompt and professional. She was very detailed and made the process seamless! Thank you for your help!

SALEM J BALAJI

August 9th, 2017 Oklahoma City, OK

great customer service by mr. steve and clear in explaining and prompt response

Kathy Cumpston

August 8th, 2017 Amarillo, TX

Kory J is great. He is personable and professional. Kory knows his subject matter. I could not ask for a better experience with your company through Kory.

CS

August 8th, 2017 Newburgh, NY

Ozzy L did an awesome with handling my loan needs. He was professional, friendly and delivered on his promise.

Francetta Moore

August 7th, 2017 Manassas, VA

I had the most Awesome experience with this company and recommend that Freedom Plus is as good as their word. I was able to get approval in a day and consolidate my bills, which is a great feeling with affordable payments. The Customer service was indescribable the person that help me was Cory G (Loan Consultant) he was kind and caring and listen and kept in touch so that I would be comfortable and know what was going on. This seems to be rare in this society, with many companies you don’t always get the work ethnics, so I had to reach out to all who may read this review and let them know that this is a good company to work with and that the under writers and this Loan Consultant is honest and is there to help. Thank you, Freedom Plus and Mr. Cory G!

Willie Balthrop

August 7th, 2017 Virginia Beach, VA

This was personal loan that was needed or a emergency remodel. They made the approval process smooth and seamless. Outstanding customer service. Charles helped me from the beginning and withing 3 hours, my loan application was taken, docs send underwriting completed and contract delivered. He was outstanding as to my need for the funds and processed everything timely. Thanks Charles.

Jo DuVal

August 7th, 2017 Hubert, NC

Nicholas E is an outstanding loan officer and is also a go-getter. I went thorough Lending Tree to initiate our loan search. Freedom Plus was 4th in line on their listing. No sooner had the list come up when Nick called and told us about your loan process. He made everything so simple and the entire process only took a couple of days. The contract signing was easy enough that my husband and I had no difficulties [we are not completely computer literate] DocuSign made the process easy too. I feel strongly that Nick needs a raise immediately! Jo DuVal

Patty A.

August 7th, 2017 Mount Juliet, TN

Freedom Plus made it extremely easy to do business with. The online application process was very simple. I immediately received offers for the loan I was requesting. The loan processor responded very quickly by phone and email keeping me aware of the process. My loan funded the very same day application was made. No hidden fees. A company who was interested in meeting my needs! Excellent customer service!

Carol

August 7th, 2017

It was real simple and Chloe helped alot

Patricia

August 2nd, 2017

I appreciate the efficient process and the friendliness, helpfulness, and professionalism of the Loan Consultant. Questions were answered quickly and options were explained.

Sara

August 2nd, 2017

Doris M was excellent to work with. Answered every question with no hesitation or runaround. Our loan was completed in an afternoon. Everything I read in the letter I received was true and accurate. No bait and switch. Thank you for your help.

Brian Savilla

August 2nd, 2017

Treva was amazing to work with. Couldn't have asked for better service.

Dax

July 31st, 2017

Amanda was great! Everything was just as she said. Process was very quick

France Johnston

July 31st, 2017

Miriam C was very helpful, she made the process easy and speedy ? Very professional and kind

Jill Roth

July 27th, 2017 Lansing, MI

Customer Service with Jean A was excellent. He was professional, informative and always available. I look forward to climbing out of my debt load that was weighting me down and appreciate the superb service I received.

Valeria

July 26th, 2017

I am very please with the process of my personal loan. The interest is high, but they go according to your credit score. Every loan company I contacted the rates where about the same. I did my research, and I can complain about their services. It was an easy step and submitted all my documents as requested in order to process the loan application. The funds were approved as promised. Thank you Miss Loretta R for all your help. I am very please with the way Miss R handle the process of my loan. I needed the funds to get out of debt and do some repairs in my house. FreedomPlus really came through in time of need. Outstanding service. Thank you Miss R for all your help. Valeria

Amy Mattingly

July 25th, 2017 Vilonia, AR

Nancy made the process easy and smooth from the comfort of my home. We were unsure of how to consolidate our bills into one affordable payment. Nancy walked us through the process with little hassle!

Tom

July 24th, 2017 Las Vegas, NV

they made getting the loan extremely simple. Amanda was very helpful in every step of the process.

James King

July 21st, 2017 Meadowlands, MN

Mike A. Was very helpful he answered all my questions and made the loan process very easy. I saved a considerable amount of money over all and a much better monthly payment by using freedom plus. I would recommend them to anyone looking to take out a loan.

Roman

July 20th, 2017

Freedom plus is the best thing that ever happened to us, our loan representative Steven D is very professional, he explained the loan details clearly and easy to understand, freedom plus is very lucky to have him as one of their loan representative

michael wilcher

July 17th, 2017

easy to deal with and very helpful. it was an easy process to navigate.

Marisol

July 17th, 2017 Brownsville, TX

I found Freedom Plus through Lending Tree. I had clicked on debt consolidation & immediately received a phone call from Thomas. Once I explained to him that I wasn't looking into negotiation with any of my creditors, he clarified they could help me with a personal loan to consolidate my debt without having to do any negotiations. He then transferred me to Dana, who helped me with the entire process. Although I would've liked a lower interest rate & no origination fee, I know what my credit score looks like & am pleased that my new interest rate is considerably lower than what I currently have on my credit cards. Thank you, Thomas, for transferring me to Dana. And thank you so much for your help, Dana!!

Donald

July 17th, 2017 Houston, TX

My loan agent was Ryan H. He was very kind and professional, Ryan was always there during my loan process. My loan came in very fast. Thanks again Ryan.