Since its founding in 2014, FreedomPlus has aimed to create a unique and valuable personal loan experience for its customers. The lending company consistently does this by providing quality loans that meet individual needs through its sophisticated yet simple application and vetting process. FreedomPlus also provides professional advice through knowledgeable loan consultants and experts.

Jump down to FreedomPlus reviews to see what consumers have to say about this lender.

Megaphone Icon

Key Takeaways:

• Over 3/4ths of all the FreedomPlus reviews are five-star
  • A FreedomPlus personal loan extends up to $40,000
  • No pre-payment fees and flexible loan terms ranging from 2-5 years
  • One of the lowest credit score requirements in comparison to other personal loan companies
  • Unique services to help with credit card debt consolidation
  • Charges an origination fee between 0-4.99%
  • APR rate range from 7.99%–29.99% (As of June 2020)

The Good

• Quality Customer Service
  • Flexible Loan Terms
  • Same-Day Lending Decisions
  • FreedomPlus Reviews
  • Simple Loan Application Process
  • FreedomPlus Credit Score Requirement
  • Fixed-Rate Loan and Payments
  • Debt Consolidation Loans
  • No Prepayment Fees
  • FreedomPlus Max Personal Loan Amount

Quality Customer Service

FreedomPlus provides quality customer service to its borrowers primarily through its loan consultants. Customer service and loan consultants help you make the best financial decisions while balancing your financial needs.

The company offers a simple and easy-to-use form to start your loan process online and allows you to call when you start your application with any questions. Friendly and knowledgeable loan consultants and experts are able to assist you throughout your application. User reviews indicate these interactions are extremely valuable for potential customers. Customer service also handles complaints. There is little to no wait time for customer service.

Flexible Loan Terms

FreedomPlus has flexible loan terms ranging from two to five years. FreedomPlus also allows borrowers to pay off loans earlier than the loan due date, so your loan repayment can ultimately be as brief as you'd like. This could save you a great deal of money in interest fees if you decide to repay the loan before your official payoff date.

Same-Day Lending Decisions

FreedomPlus offers same-day loan decisions. However, this isn't guaranteed and will fluctuate based on your provided documentation, application verification, what time of day it is, etc. With error free applications you can expect the FreedomPlus loan process to be completed in as little as one day with funds to be made available within 48 hours. The process involves:

• Filling out the online application
  • Deciding on your loan amount and loan term
  • Waiting for a credit decision to be made
  • Uploading legal documentation and reviewing the loan contract
  • Receiving your personal loan funds

Having a quick loan decision from online lenders makes it faster and simpler for borrowers to find a personal loan that works best for them.

FreedomPlus Reviews

FreedomPlus has an exceptional star rating from consumers. Quality reviews demonstrate to consumers that FreedomPlus is a trustworthy and high-standard lender. Reviews highlight reasonable rates and fees, simple repayment options, and exceptional customer service. This can provide peace of mind to potential borrowers that FreedomPlus is a good choice for their personal loan needs.

Simple Loan Application Process

Receiving your loan as fast as possible is a highly desired feature for most, if not all, borrowers.

FreedomPlus's intuitive initial online application takes a few minutes at most. Simply select the loan amount you are looking to borrow, describe the reason for taking out the loan (home repairs, credit card refinancing, consolidation loans, etc.), submit your credit rating (based on your credit score), what state you live in, then your name and phone number or email address.

From there, a loan consultant will get in touch with you to complete the transaction. FreedomPlus has extremely fast approval and funding times. It can usually approve your loan and get the money in your hands in as little as three days. Your loan repayment term can range from 24 months–60 months, with rates from 5.99 percent APR–29.99 percent APR.

FreedomPlus Credit Score Requirement

If your credit history is less than perfect, FreedomPlus might be a good match. Unlike many competing lenders, at 620, FreedomPlus has a lower minimum credit score requirement. A 620 FICO score is below average for Americans, is considered bad credit or fair credit.

You will still receive better rates and repayment terms, the higher your credit score is, but a lower credit score requirement allows for a wider range of borrowers. Requirements of competing personal loan providers are generally higher:

• Best Egg minimum credit: 640
  • SoFi minimum credit: 680
  • Lending Club minimum credit: 699
  • Discover minimum credit: 750

Fixed-Rate Loan and Payments

FreedomPlus offers loans with an annual percentage rate from 5.99–29.99 percent, including the loan origination fee.  On top of that, it uses fixed monthly payments, so your monthly payment amount will never fluctuate. FreedomPlus also has fixed rates, so your APR will never be subject to change, as it can with a variable rate. This can provide peace of mind and stability to borrowers knowing the numbers they receive in the beginning will be the same throughout the lifespan of their loan.

Debt Consolidation Loans

If you are seeking personal loans for debt relief, its important to know that FreedomPlus helps with debt consolidation and debt settlement by working with creditors on your behalf. For example, if you are seeking a personal loan to help tackle credit card debt, FreedomPlus will exclude said credit card debt from your debt-to-income ratio and pay off the credit card once you are approved. This service can help you qualify for more money and make bill payments simple.

You could even qualify for rate discounts if you let FreedomPlus pay your creditors on your behalf, have retirement assets, or apply with a cosigner.

No Prepayment Fees

FreedomPlus does not charge any prepayment fees, regardless of when you decide to pay off your loan. This means you can pay off your loan anytime you want, regardless of your loan term. FreedomPlus also has fixed rate loans and one fixed monthly payment, so your APR will never fluctuate. This provides stability for borrowers and the opportunity to save money in interest charges if they want to pay off the loan early.

FreedomPlus Max Personal Loan Amount

FreedomPlus has a max personal loan amount of $40,000 with a minimum loan amount of $7,500. Funds are available within 48 hours of credit approval (at least a 620 credit score required), and the APR ranges between 5.99 percent and 29.99 percent. You can have a FreedomPlus personal loan for up to five years.

The Bad

Origination Fees

FreedomPlus charges an origination fee between 0-4.99% on its personal loans. While a fee like this isn't necessarily exorbitant for the industry, some industry leaders omit such processing fees from their loan applications altogether, but they are still quite common.

It is unclear how exactly FreedomPlus calculates its origination fees. On its website it states that, "origination fees are calculated on the final loan size and vary based on the interest rate and term selected." Make sure to talk with a representative at FreedomPlus so that you have a better idea of what this fee may look like for you.

The Bottom Line

The most important factor to consider when choosing between potential personal loan companies is whether their loan parameters meet your borrowing needs. In other words, does the length of the loan, interest rate, monthly installment payment, and borrowing amount match what you need in a loan?

FreedomPlus personal loans accept FICO scores starting at 620. They have wide parameters for interest rates, high loan amounts, quick approval times, flexible loan terms, and no hidden fees. Having a large number of positive reviews, FreedomPlus complaints are limited and customers highlight exceptional customer service, a painless loan process, and great loan rates.

FreedomPlus is a great option for your personal loan needs. Whether you're wanting to consolidate debt, cover home repairs, or fund other expenses, FreedomPlus is a quality lender.

*All loans available through FreedomPlus.com are made by Cross River Bank, a New Jersey State Chartered Commercial Bank, Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender. All loan and rate terms are subject to eligibility restrictions, application review, credit score, loan amount, loan term, lender approval, and credit usage and history. Eligibility for a loan is not guaranteed. Loans are not available to residents of all states – please call a FreedomPlus representative for further details. The following limitations, in addition to others, shall apply: FreedomPlus does not arrange loans in: (i) Arizona under $10,500; (ii) Massachusetts under $6,500, (iii) Ohio under $5,500, and (iv) Georgia under $3,500. Repayment periods range from 24 to 60 months. The range of APRs on loans made available through FreedomPlus is 5.99% to a maximum of 29.99%. APR. The APR calculation includes all applicable fees, including the loan origination fee. For Example, a four year $20,000 loan with an interest rate of 15.49% and corresponding APR of 18.34% would have an estimated monthly payment of $561.60 and a total cost payable of $7,948.13. To qualify for a 5.99% APR loan, a borrower will need excellent credit on a loan for an amount less than $14,000.00, and with a term equal to 24 months. Adding a co-borrower with sufficient income; using at least eighty-five percent (85%) of the loan proceeds to directly pay off qualifying existing debt; or showing proof of sufficient retirement savings, could help you qualify.

Laura Morina

October 16th, 2017 VA

I have never had any problems with this loan. It was extremely easy to obtain. Any time I contact customer service, each representative has been attentive and very professional and helpful.

Lynne Yates

October 13th, 2017 La Salle, IL

Nic and Jamie were professional, efficient, and very helpful. I’d highly recommend FreedomPlus!

everett williams

October 13th, 2017 Silver Spring, MD

A loan has been approved for me. My representative , Amanda Arkell did an excellent job and walked me through everything. She was MOST helpful and courteous and professional. She made sure that I understood everything and gave me her utmost attention as we went through the process. I am delighted to have heard about FREEDOM PLUS just at an advertisement on my computer screen as I was getting ready to login to my email account. CONGRATULATIONS to this organization!

Linda Williamson

October 11th, 2017

Obtaining a personal loan with Freedom Loan was extremely easy, and Maria Garcia was especially engaging and professional. I appreciate her efforts in making this transaction as painless as possible. I will certainly recommend Freedom Loan and Maria to my friends.

Cris Alvarado

October 10th, 2017

We called in with only questions and I have to say Victoria S was one of the reasons we applied. She was very knowledgeable and answered all of our questions. She was kind and willing to help us. Thank you for making this a smooth transaction.

Donna R.

October 9th, 2017

I was completely satisfied with my customer service consultant . Mr Clinton J was very professional and nice. He was patient and kind while walking me thru this process. It didn’t take very long at all and I was approved for my loan. He was very helpful

Imelda Doon

October 8th, 2017

Freedom Plus company and its Loan officers/specialists were awesome! The loan process is simple and approval result is fast. Once approved, options are presented with competitive interest/APR's by which the applicant can select their loan needs and the payment scheme. My loan officer (Mr Nicholas H) is very helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. He guides me all the way until I completed the loan process. Thank you very much Freedom Plus. Your company and loan officers help more people get out from debt and back to financial stability. God bless and more power!

Robert Koegler

October 7th, 2017 Dawsonville, GA

I received outstanding customer service from my loan consultant Cassandra G. She was professional, efficient and effective in making the entire process smooth and easy. She made me feel that I was more than a credit score and thoroughly explained everything. Well done! .

Theresa

October 6th, 2017 Grand Prairie, TX

Got my loan wrapped up in about 48 hours via phone/email. My loan officer, Debbie R was professional, intuitive and responsive. Freedom Plus has a very streamlined, efficient and user friendly process. Would recommend to anyone!

Brent

October 5th, 2017 Plainview, TX

I was very please with the customer service that I received from Doris M. She went over every aspect of the loan and I was approved within 4 hours. She went above and beyond usual customer service and made the entire transaction very easy. Thank you Doris.

Michael

October 5th, 2017 Melville, NY

Freedom Plus makes the loan process so easy and they walk you through every step. Anthony was GREAT and explained everything in detail!

Flavio

October 5th, 2017 Fremont, CA

Loved this company. It helped me consolidate my CCs and saving money with the process.. I am so happy. Thank you Andrea R and FreedomPlus!

rick

October 3rd, 2017 Denver, CO

Cory W, was upfront and very supportive. I will definately get back with him the next time I need a loan. Quick and painless so far. Thanks again Cory Rick Carroll Dayton TX

Tammy

October 3rd, 2017 Church Point, LA

I have been waiting over a week now for a return phone call from the manager I was dealing with to return my phone messages. Calls were answered immediately and returned immediately until they decided not to fund the loan. Now they have no use for me, therefore no return call. I guess I should be thankful they turned us down, since I wouldn't want to support a business that treats people like this. Still it would be nice if someone would take the time to explain.

Carole

October 3rd, 2017 Columbia, MD

Eboni M was very professional and helpful in advising me about loan options and terms. The experience was a positive one!

Richard Whatley

September 29th, 2017

Very attentive to our needs. Customer service made the experience easy.

Denise Huddleston

September 29th, 2017 MS

I have enjoyed everyone that I had business with at Freedom Plus. Thank you Amanda K for all your help. I would do it again if ever needed.

Aimee S.

September 29th, 2017 Potomac, MD

Shannan was absolutely amazing and helpful to me in obtaining this loan. She did a great job and responded back with emails. Great doing business with her and I will definitely recommend FreedomPlus to anyone who needs financial assistance!

Steve

September 29th, 2017

This was by the far the easiest process I have encountered when getting a loan. The whole process was as streamlined and efficient! Mariam, my loan consultant, was very patient and went through several options and explained the information in detail until we found the right loan that matched my needs. Thank you so much Mariam!!!

Tina

September 28th, 2017 Enterprise, AL

Anthony P was terrific. He made it so easy to get this loan.

Mark Hobbs

September 27th, 2017 Evansville, IN

Very attentive to customers requests and needs as well as careful to ensure the customer is making the right choices.

Anthony F.

September 27th, 2017

Great experience! We were very pleased with the whole process.

Yvonne Campbell

September 27th, 2017 Florence, SC

Cassandra was very pleasant and helpful to me in obtaining this loan. She did a great job and responded back with email and/or telephone calls.

David L Oliver

September 27th, 2017 San Antonio, FL

Anthony P was amazing! He was quick, very proficient and did exactly what he said he would!! I would recommend FreedomPlus to anyone who needs financial assistance! Great doing business with them!

Gwen Shannon Simpson

September 26th, 2017 Port Orange, FL

Bobby V was good to work with but I had hoped he would get a better originating fee and lower rate than he did. But his help was appreciated. The STAR of this company is Ryan Hirst, to read my email when I requested the company return the originating fee in order to help us as victims of the Hurricane Irma and as requested by Governor Scott to all lending institutions, phone companies, cell companies, utility companies, banks, and so forth to work with victims. Two people at Freedom Plus answered by request with a resounding NO... period. Then today, 9/27/2017, came a call from Ryan saying he ad read my email, gone to his supervisor and gotten permission to extend my first payment out to November given me in essence the money due for my first payment to keep . Than you ... you are an amazing young man, an incredible professional and representative of your company and an angel on this earth. Please make certain he is recognized in her personnel file.

Aimee Sloat

September 24th, 2017

Good experience, easy process to get approved for a loan and receive the money within two days.

Crystal Heggie

September 23rd, 2017

Jean was a great help and accommodating the difficulties I had with creditors. He was quick with discussing my situation with the underwriters and making the loan happen in a timely manner. He was very pleasant and communicate needs efficiently and effectively to get the job done. Extremely happy with the service and percentage rate offered by this company.

Joe jones

September 22nd, 2017 Federal Way, WA

Chris A was amazing helped me consolidate all my bills and made it very easy on me

Mrs. Bentley

September 21st, 2017 PA

I applied with Freedomplus for a loan. After pulling my credit, it was determined that my "overall debt" was too high despite my income. My credit is "good" (depending which bureau), and I applied for their advertised "credit card consolidation loan" as we are expecting our first child and wanted to condense the bills into one payment with a lower interest rate. Talk about FALSE ADVERTISMENT on the reasons for my rejection...no CRAP, Sherlock! If my credit card debt was low I wouldn't have applied! They tried to brush me off to their "debt relief" program, but I ask the question of ANY genius: why would I damage a "spotless" payment history on my credit by "reliefing"? I was told to get a co-signer, which I did, whose credit is better than mine with amost no debt! They then gave me the runaround with assisting me, and then left me on hold for LITERALLY 49 minutes for a Supervisor before hanging up on me! I will make sure their business practices are made public..they apparently aren't the type of company they want people to believe. I'm glad they showed me who they really are before I gave their company a penny of my money!

Robin

September 20th, 2017

Casey M was awesome & very helpful. Not too happy about the origination fee. I'm paying interest on that money also, even tho I never received it. Could've used that money for extra bills.

Belinda

September 20th, 2017 Los Angeles, CA

Brittney M was amazing! She followed up like she promised - exceptional personality and very knowledgeable about the entire loan process

Diane Hale

September 19th, 2017 Crescent City, CA

Had a nice experience. Fast and friendly. Heather Oliver did a great job meeting my financial needs and explaining everything step by step. Thanks again

kabongo n dibinga

September 19th, 2017 Waltham, MA

I had the pleasure of working with Miriam who made the process seamless. She was professional, courteous and stayed in contact with me from start to finish. I look forward to recommending her services to my friends and family.

Phyllis Vail

September 18th, 2017

Doris was very helpful. Good customer service.

Dominique Brady

September 16th, 2017

My first payment I was double charged. My bank had to get my money back because they refused to provide my second payment when I made an early payment for my first installment. Then they charged me an NSF fee when both payments cleared. Management always unavailable. Yet to speak with one. No assistance over the weekend to make a payment. No online password assistance when they are closed.

Loretta

September 16th, 2017

Michael P was awesome! He provided clear communication, followed up as promised was professional and friendly and worked diligently to get us approved! Outstanding customer service delivery!

Darice

September 15th, 2017

Linda V was such a pleasure to work with. She was professional, friendly, and efficient. My experience so far with FreedomPlus has been excellent!

Bernadette Warning

September 15th, 2017 Independence, KY

It was very easy and was done in a very efficient manner. They even worked over the holiday.

Olivia

September 14th, 2017 South San Francisco, CA

Steven is amazing. I was hesitant to apply for a loan but he brought warmth to the whole process. He walked me through everything and made sure I understood each step.

patti

September 14th, 2017

My customer service rep. (Clint Jones) was exceptional. Recommend him above anyone I have ever worked with. Very polite and informative!!!!

Gregory Miller

September 14th, 2017 TX

Christopher with Freedom Plus was the consumate rep for the loan process. I am still amazed at the speed, knowledge, friendly way he got it done. Could not have been better!

Sarah Lamendola

September 13th, 2017

Maria was great! Helpful, knowledgeable and friendly. The whole process couldn't have been easier.

Phil Demery

September 12th, 2017

Our Loan representative Salvatore B did a great job explaining the process and monitoring our application process. It was a very smooth and painless process. It was definitely a positive experience in which we would recommend to others. The only negative we would have is the loan origination fee, but understand it is customary practice.

john medel

September 12th, 2017 Fowlerville, MI

Kelly was professional and truly helpful. He was knowledgeable and interested in his client's needs.

Kristine Little

September 9th, 2017 Selah, WA

Quick and painless with the best rate I found after searching at different sites. No loan origination or transfer fees as promised.

Ramona Stanard

September 7th, 2017 El Cajon, CA

Andrea my representative, was very professional and helpful. She was very warm and down to earth. It was rather late in the day and she was still very happy to help me. It is not often you deal with a company who has such attentive and courteous people who are willing to make a difference by being accurate and polite. I would recommend your company to anyone who finds themselves in need of a loan quickly and without judgement. Thank you so much!

Our Loan agent Bobby Vizcay

September 7th, 2017 Prescott, AZ

Our loan specialist Bobby V was fantastic to deal with, He walked me thru the entire Loan Process and made it incredibly easy AND Fast to complete!!! I would HIGHLY Recommend Freedom Plus thru this man. and FreedomPlus for your loan needs

Kathy

September 7th, 2017 Atlanta, GA

Helpful, friendly, and easy to work with. Made the process smooth and quick.

james crump

September 7th, 2017 McDonough, GA

Very pleasant working with Eboni, she was upfront and helpful all the way.

Agnes Ceniza

September 6th, 2017

David, our representative, made the process so easy! I was given a call soon after I applied for the loan, and he was patient in explaining the things I didn't understand and gave me the options I needed to make the decision. He was also very quick to respond to inquiries and made the process stress free!