Since its founding in 2014, FreedomPlus has aimed to create a unique and valuable personal loan experience for its customers. The lending company consistently does this by providing quality loans that meet individual needs through its sophisticated yet simple application and vetting process. FreedomPlus also provides professional advice through knowledgeable loan consultants and experts.

Read FreedomPlus reviews below to see what consumers have to say about this lender.

The Good

• Quality Customer Service
  • Flexible Loan Terms
  • Same-Day Lending Decisions
  • FreedomPlus Reviews
  • Simple Loan Application Process
  • FreedomPlus Credit Score Requirement
  • Fixed-Rate Loan and Payments
  • Debt Consolidation Loans
  • No Prepayment Fees
  • FreedomPlus Max Personal Loan Amount

Quality Customer Service

FreedomPlus provides quality customer service to its borrowers primarily through its loan consultants. Customer service and loan consultants help you make the best financial decisions while balancing your financial needs.

The company offers a simple and easy-to-use form to start your loan process online and allows you to call when you start your application with any questions. Friendly and knowledgeable loan consultants and experts are able to assist you throughout your application. User reviews indicate these interactions are extremely valuable for potential customers. Customer service also handles complaints. There is little to no wait time for customer service.

Flexible Loan Terms

FreedomPlus has flexible loan terms ranging from two to five years. FreedomPlus also allows borrowers to pay off loans earlier than the loan due date, so your loan repayment can ultimately be as brief as you'd like. This could save you a great deal of money in interest fees if you decide to repay the loan before your official payoff date.

Same-Day Lending Decisions

FreedomPlus offers same-day loan decisions. However, this isn't guaranteed and will fluctuate based on your provided documentation, application verification, what time of day it is, etc. Having a quick loan decision from online lenders makes it faster and simpler for borrowers to find a personal loan that works best for them and is available as soon as possible.

FreedomPlus Reviews

FreedomPlus has an exceptional star rating from consumers. Quality reviews demonstrate to consumers that FreedomPlus is a trustworthy and high-standard lender. Reviews highlight reasonable rates and fees, simple repayment options, and exceptional customer service. This can provide peace of mind to potential borrowers that FreedomPlus is a good choice for their personal loan needs.

Simple Loan Application Process

Receiving your loan as fast as possible is a highly desired feature for most, if not all, borrowers.

FreedomPlus's intuitive initial online application takes a few minutes at most. Simply select the loan amount you are looking to borrow, describe the reason for taking out the loan (home repairs, credit card refinancing, consolidation loans, etc.), submit your credit rating (based on your credit score), what state you live in, then your name and phone number or email address.

From there, a loan consultant will get in touch with you to complete the transaction. FreedomPlus has extremely fast approval and funding times. It can usually approve your loan and get the money in your hands in as little as three days. Your loan repayment term can range from 24 months–60 months, with rates from 5.99 percent APR–29.99 percent APR.

FreedomPlus Credit Score Requirement

If your credit history is less than perfect, FreedomPlus might be a good match. Unlike many competing lenders, at 620, FreedomPlus has a lower minimum credit score requirement. A 620 FICO score is below average for Americans, is considered bad credit or fair credit.

You will still receive better rates and repayment terms, the higher your credit score is, but a lower credit score requirement allows for a wider range of borrowers. Requirements of competing personal loan providers are generally higher:

• Best Egg minimum credit: 640
  • SoFi minimum credit: 680
  • Lending Club minimum credit: 699
  • Discover minimum credit: 750

Fixed-Rate Loan and Payments

FreedomPlus offers loans with an annual percentage rate from 5.99–29.99 percent, including the loan origination fee.  On top of that, it uses fixed monthly payments, so your monthly payment amount will never fluctuate. FreedomPlus also has fixed rates, so your APR will never be subject to change, as it can with a variable rate. This can provide peace of mind and stability to borrowers knowing the numbers they receive in the beginning will be the same throughout the lifespan of their loan.

Debt Consolidation Loans

If you are seeking personal loans for debt relief, its important to know that FreedomPlus helps with debt consolidation and debt settlement by working with creditors on your behalf. For example, if you are seeking a personal loan to help tackle credit card debt, FreedomPlus will exclude said credit card debt from your debt-to-income ratio and pay off the credit card once you are approved. This service can help you qualify for more money and make bill payments simple.

You could even qualify for rate discounts if you let FreedomPlus pay your creditors on your behalf, have retirement assets, or apply with a cosigner.

No Prepayment Fees

FreedomPlus does not charge any prepayment fees, regardless of when you decide to pay off your loan. This means you can pay off your loan anytime you want, regardless of your loan term. FreedomPlus also has fixed rate loans and one fixed monthly payment, so your APR will never fluctuate. This provides stability for borrowers and the opportunity to save money in interest charges if they want to pay off the loan early.

FreedomPlus Max Personal Loan Amount

FreedomPlus has a max personal loan amount of $40,000 with a minimum loan amount of $7,500. Funds are available within 48 hours of credit approval (at least a 620 credit score required), and the APR ranges between 5.99 percent and 29.99 percent. You can have a FreedomPlus personal loan for up to five years.

The Bad

Origination Fees

FreedomPlus charges an origination fee between 0 percent and 5 percent on its personal loans. While a fee like this isn't necessarily exorbitant for the industry, some industry leaders omit such processing fees from their loan applications altogether, but they are still quite common.

The Bottom Line

The most important factor to consider when choosing between potential personal loan companies is whether their loan parameters meet your borrowing needs. In other words, does the length of the loan, interest rate, monthly installment payment, and borrowing amount match what you need in a loan?

FreedomPlus personal loans accept FICO scores starting at 620. They have wide parameters for interest rates, high loan amounts, quick approval times, flexible loan terms, and no hidden fees. Having a large number of positive reviews, FreedomPlus complaints are limited and customers highlight exceptional customer service, a painless loan process, and great loan rates.

FreedomPlus is a great option for your personal loan needs. Whether you're wanting to consolidate debt, cover home repairs, or fund other expenses, FreedomPlus is a quality lender.

*All loans available through FreedomPlus.com are made by Cross River Bank, a New Jersey State Chartered Commercial Bank, Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender. All loan and rate terms are subject to eligibility restrictions, application review, credit score, loan amount, loan term, lender approval, and credit usage and history. Eligibility for a loan is not guaranteed. Loans are not available to residents of all states – please call a FreedomPlus representative for further details. The following limitations, in addition to others, shall apply: FreedomPlus does not arrange loans in: (i) Arizona under $10,500; (ii) Massachusetts under $6,500, (iii) Ohio under $5,500, and (iv) Georgia under $3,500. Repayment periods range from 24 to 60 months. The range of APRs on loans made available through FreedomPlus is 5.99% to a maximum of 29.99%. APR. The APR calculation includes all applicable fees, including the loan origination fee. For Example, a four year $20,000 loan with an interest rate of 15.49% and corresponding APR of 18.34% would have an estimated monthly payment of $561.60 and a total cost payable of $7,948.13. To qualify for a 5.99% APR loan, a borrower will need excellent credit on a loan for an amount less than $14,000.00, and with a term equal to 24 months. Adding a co-borrower with sufficient income; using at least eighty-five percent (85%) of the loan proceeds to directly pay off qualifying existing debt; or showing proof of sufficient retirement savings, could help you qualify.

Amy Stump

August 21st, 2017 Millbury, MA

Treva Y was amazing ! so very helpful , always friendly and a pleasure to deal with

Xena Pitts

August 17th, 2017 Charlotte, NC

Adan N was great and he explained everything to ease my mind. Great Job

Betty Ashdown

August 17th, 2017 Corona, CA

Very helpful people who advised me of the best loan for me. The process was very efficient

Denise Clifford

August 14th, 2017 Ipswich, MA

Kory J at FreedomPlus was great to work with, he was professional, patient and very helpful in my obtaining a consolidation loan. My initial contact presented a few problems, individuals were not getting back to me as they stated they would, I was leaving messages & still wasn't getting calls returned. Once the application was turned over to Kory, things went much easier. I was disappointed that I didn't qualify for the initial loan amount I requested, but understood that my income was a result of the decreased loan amount I was being offered. It will work out for me in the long run and for that I'm pleased, I will have my credit card debt paid off in a fraction of the time it would have otherwise taken, even though I've always paid well over the minimum payment required.

Karen Green

August 14th, 2017

Brittney M. was very professional and a pleasure to work with, she's an outstanding loan officer .

Steve Long

August 11th, 2017 Los Alamos, NM

A really easy process. Allen K was very professional and I enjoyed working with him. About as painless as it gets. I'm a lawyer and I was completely satisfied with the disclosures and transparency.

Mike C

August 11th, 2017 Taylor, MI

Great customer service from Chloe B. She made the entire process simple and smooth.

Chuck Doria

August 9th, 2017 Greenville, SC

Fantastic experience with a true professional. It was easy, fast and enjoyable. The best borrowing experience I've hand in my nearly 50 years of obtaining credit for my various needs.

Shelley Tinnon

August 9th, 2017

Dorris was so great to work with. Very prompt and professional. She was very detailed and made the process seamless! Thank you for your help!

SALEM J BALAJI

August 9th, 2017 Oklahoma City, OK

great customer service by mr. steve and clear in explaining and prompt response

Kathy Cumpston

August 8th, 2017 Amarillo, TX

Kory J is great. He is personable and professional. Kory knows his subject matter. I could not ask for a better experience with your company through Kory.

CS

August 8th, 2017 Newburgh, NY

Ozzy L did an awesome with handling my loan needs. He was professional, friendly and delivered on his promise.

Francetta Moore

August 7th, 2017 Manassas, VA

I had the most Awesome experience with this company and recommend that Freedom Plus is as good as their word. I was able to get approval in a day and consolidate my bills, which is a great feeling with affordable payments. The Customer service was indescribable the person that help me was Cory G (Loan Consultant) he was kind and caring and listen and kept in touch so that I would be comfortable and know what was going on. This seems to be rare in this society, with many companies you don’t always get the work ethnics, so I had to reach out to all who may read this review and let them know that this is a good company to work with and that the under writers and this Loan Consultant is honest and is there to help. Thank you, Freedom Plus and Mr. Cory G!

Willie Balthrop

August 7th, 2017 Virginia Beach, VA

This was personal loan that was needed or a emergency remodel. They made the approval process smooth and seamless. Outstanding customer service. Charles helped me from the beginning and withing 3 hours, my loan application was taken, docs send underwriting completed and contract delivered. He was outstanding as to my need for the funds and processed everything timely. Thanks Charles.

Jo DuVal

August 7th, 2017 Hubert, NC

Nicholas E is an outstanding loan officer and is also a go-getter. I went thorough Lending Tree to initiate our loan search. Freedom Plus was 4th in line on their listing. No sooner had the list come up when Nick called and told us about your loan process. He made everything so simple and the entire process only took a couple of days. The contract signing was easy enough that my husband and I had no difficulties [we are not completely computer literate] DocuSign made the process easy too. I feel strongly that Nick needs a raise immediately! Jo DuVal

Patty A.

August 7th, 2017 Mount Juliet, TN

Freedom Plus made it extremely easy to do business with. The online application process was very simple. I immediately received offers for the loan I was requesting. The loan processor responded very quickly by phone and email keeping me aware of the process. My loan funded the very same day application was made. No hidden fees. A company who was interested in meeting my needs! Excellent customer service!

Carol

August 7th, 2017

It was real simple and Chloe helped alot

Patricia

August 2nd, 2017

I appreciate the efficient process and the friendliness, helpfulness, and professionalism of the Loan Consultant. Questions were answered quickly and options were explained.

Sara

August 2nd, 2017

Doris M was excellent to work with. Answered every question with no hesitation or runaround. Our loan was completed in an afternoon. Everything I read in the letter I received was true and accurate. No bait and switch. Thank you for your help.

Brian Savilla

August 2nd, 2017

Treva was amazing to work with. Couldn't have asked for better service.

Dax

July 31st, 2017

Amanda was great! Everything was just as she said. Process was very quick

France Johnston

July 31st, 2017

Miriam C was very helpful, she made the process easy and speedy ? Very professional and kind

Jill Roth

July 27th, 2017 Lansing, MI

Customer Service with Jean A was excellent. He was professional, informative and always available. I look forward to climbing out of my debt load that was weighting me down and appreciate the superb service I received.

Valeria A. Sharma

July 26th, 2017

I am very please with the process of my personal loan. The interest is high, but they go according to your credit score. Every loan company I contacted the rates where about the same. I did my research, and I can complain about their services. It was an easy step and submitted all my documents as requested in order to process the loan application. The funds were approved as promised. Thank you Miss Loretta R for all your help. I am very please with the way Miss R handle the process of my loan. I needed the funds to get out of debt and do some repairs in my house. FreedomPlus really came through in time of need. Outstanding service. Thank you Miss R for all your help. Valeria

Amy Mattingly

July 25th, 2017 Vilonia, AR

Nancy made the process easy and smooth from the comfort of my home. We were unsure of how to consolidate our bills into one affordable payment. Nancy walked us through the process with little hassle!

Tom

July 24th, 2017 Las Vegas, NV

they made getting the loan extremely simple. Amanda was very helpful in every step of the process.

James King

July 21st, 2017 Meadowlands, MN

Mike A. Was very helpful he answered all my questions and made the loan process very easy. I saved a considerable amount of money over all and a much better monthly payment by using freedom plus. I would recommend them to anyone looking to take out a loan.

Roman

July 20th, 2017

Freedom plus is the best thing that ever happened to us, our loan representative Steven D is very professional, he explained the loan details clearly and easy to understand, freedom plus is very lucky to have him as one of their loan representative

michael wilcher

July 17th, 2017

easy to deal with and very helpful. it was an easy process to navigate.

Marisol

July 17th, 2017 Brownsville, TX

I found Freedom Plus through Lending Tree. I had clicked on debt consolidation & immediately received a phone call from Thomas. Once I explained to him that I wasn't looking into negotiation with any of my creditors, he clarified they could help me with a personal loan to consolidate my debt without having to do any negotiations. He then transferred me to Dana, who helped me with the entire process. Although I would've liked a lower interest rate & no origination fee, I know what my credit score looks like & am pleased that my new interest rate is considerably lower than what I currently have on my credit cards. Thank you, Thomas, for transferring me to Dana. And thank you so much for your help, Dana!!

Donald Davis

July 17th, 2017 Houston, TX

My loan agent was Ryan H. He was very kind and professional, Ryan was always there during my loan process. My loan came in very fast. Thanks again Ryan.

Hughey White

July 13th, 2017

Ms C made the loan process simple and easy, I am going to recomend a couple of friends,Thanks so much, Hugh

Katie

July 13th, 2017 Sharon, MA

Loretta was excellent!! She was very helpful and was able to answer all my questions!

Mike

July 13th, 2017 Flemington, NJ

I'd rather get a loan from Tont Soprano. Watch out for these loan sharks. All I did was click on a link from Trans Union about consolidation loans, and the next thing I knew, I received a call from "Charles" from Freedom Plus, who said that I filled out an application, which I never did. The next day, he called me back and "officially" took my application and then wanted to pull my credit. I asked him what the loan payments would be for the loan I wanted, based on the the worst case scenario, the highest interest rate they charge, and he couldn't tell me...or should I say he wouldn't. I then told him that I wanted to think it over, and told him not to pull my credit yet, and he basically hung up on me. After doing some reasearch, I found out that there is an origination fee on the loan which he FAILED to disclose, of up to 5% of the loan. For the $35,000 loan I was looking at, this could be up to $1,750. He also FAILED to disclose that they pay the lenders from the proceeds of the loan directly. I contacted him about this, and he said that they disclose the origination fee AFTER the application is complete and my credit is pulled. That's BULL. I wrote him back and told him to close the application and never contact me again. He was extremely rude and arrogant throughout the process, because I dared to ask probing questions which he did not want to answer until they pulled my credit and I was at their mercy. BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY!

Chris I

July 12th, 2017 Pineville, LA

I am pleased overall with the quality of service and professionalism that Brittany gave me while helping me through the loan process. It was easy to get approved and the whole process took about 24 hours to complete and sign the loan documents. There are a couple of drawbacks, which may affect everyone differently. There is a loan origination fee up to 5% which you may get a discount on depending on your credit score. Your interest rate may be high as well depending on your credit score. That is the reason I am giving the rating of 9. I'm not pleased with those 2 factors, but I needed a loan and they provided it with no questions asked. My bills got paid within the 14 days like they promised, so I'm thankful for that. I called customer service for my welcome call once I received my funds and customer service was very professional and courteous and answered any questions I had. I was told to call back in 6 months and that if my credit score goes up and I made 6 consecutive payments without being late that my interest rate may drop. Overall I am very pleased with my decision to get a loan from Freedom Plus.

Sean

July 11th, 2017 Cedar Rapids, IA

It was pretty simple and straight forward, especially working with Treva, my representative. I couldn't have asked for a better, more professional rep. She was great, worked hard and fast on getting my loan.

D Gardner

July 7th, 2017

... I contacted them for a credit card consolidation loan to pay off my debt once and for all. My credit score was around 750 and I even sent them a screenshot of it... so clearly I'm able to make my payments and they declined me for my loan...total waste of time. Not helpful and they clearly don't understand what the value of a high credit score is.

Kenneth Gavins

July 7th, 2017 Defuniak Springs, FL

Customer support will not answer my email concerning my username and password. I can't see anything to do with my account.

Clancy Jayne

July 5th, 2017 Phoenix, AZ

You are NOT easy to communicate with. I have to mail everything to be sure you have what you ask for. The ID number you gave me does NOT work when signing on. Clancy Jayne

Bettie J Belcher

July 5th, 2017

Jenny was very helpful through the loan process. She explained every aspect including timeliness.

Frankie Fells

July 5th, 2017 Virginia Beach, VA

Chad did an awesome job. I teach Excellent Customer Service and Chad can rewrite the book on Customer Service. Thanks, Frankie Fells

Meaghan Calvert

July 5th, 2017

So easy! Super friendly! Marcus was amazing to work with! Highly recommend!

Lara Robinson

July 5th, 2017 Alamo, CA

The entire process was very simple and quick. The loan specialist was great to work with and very knowledgeable. Excellent customer service!

larry dixon

June 30th, 2017 Houston, TX

Corey G was very professional during this whole process....kept in updated and informed of paperwork needed plus explained if I had to submit more information was feeling a little frustrated but he was really patient and understanding towards me..

Clark Richardson

June 30th, 2017 Dallas, TX

Anthony kept me informed, moved fast and got the deal done. Could not have expected anything better.

Rebecca Brigman

June 30th, 2017

Very Helpful!!! Have had a great experience with your company... Everyone tries hard to meet your needs and seems to be very understanding...

Pam Wheeler

June 29th, 2017

Kept everything simple, quick, professional, pleasant to deal with

Mike

June 29th, 2017

My experience with Freedom Plus was very pleasing. Everyone was so helpful and understanding. They really took time to explain everything so I would have no questions unanswered. Last, I was impressed with being able to contact them and their return calls.

Ronald K McElhose

June 29th, 2017 Nederland, TX

I started out with Great Service! Everything was going fine and then the wrong company was paid and my bill was not! I paid the bill to avoid further charges and was told these funds would be deposited into my account. Never happened. I am out over $450.00 and no one can seem to help me. I keep being told someone will call me back, but no one calls.

Dawn

June 28th, 2017 Hugo, MN

My rep was absolutely fabulous! Brittany S. answered all of my 250 questions I had and was very professional. Very knowledgeable and patient with me. She answered her phone every single time I called her. Answered every email I sent her in a timely manner. She made sure I understood the things she was telling me before hanging up. My loan process just finalized 1 day ago, so I'm not sure about all the other reviews I may make in the future. But so far so good as far as customer service goes. Process was pretty smooth, just needed a few necessary documents to get rolling.