Since its founding in 2014, FreedomPlus has aimed to create a unique and valuable personal loan experience for its customers. The lending company consistently does this by providing quality loans that meet individual needs through its sophisticated yet simple application and vetting process. FreedomPlus also provides professional advice through knowledgeable loan consultants and experts.

Jump down to FreedomPlus reviews to see what consumers have to say about this lender.

Megaphone Icon

Key Takeaways:

• Over 3/4ths of all the FreedomPlus reviews are five-star
  • A FreedomPlus personal loan extends up to $40,000
  • No pre-payment fees and flexible loan terms ranging from 2-5 years
  • One of the lowest credit score requirements in comparison to other personal loan companies
  • Unique services to help with credit card debt consolidation
  • Charges an origination fee between 0-4.99%
  • APR rate range from 7.99%–29.99% (As of June 2020)

The Good

• Quality Customer Service
  • Flexible Loan Terms
  • Same-Day Lending Decisions
  • FreedomPlus Reviews
  • Simple Loan Application Process
  • FreedomPlus Credit Score Requirement
  • Fixed-Rate Loan and Payments
  • Debt Consolidation Loans
  • No Prepayment Fees
  • FreedomPlus Max Personal Loan Amount

Quality Customer Service

FreedomPlus provides quality customer service to its borrowers primarily through its loan consultants. Customer service and loan consultants help you make the best financial decisions while balancing your financial needs.

The company offers a simple and easy-to-use form to start your loan process online and allows you to call when you start your application with any questions. Friendly and knowledgeable loan consultants and experts are able to assist you throughout your application. User reviews indicate these interactions are extremely valuable for potential customers. Customer service also handles complaints. There is little to no wait time for customer service.

Flexible Loan Terms

FreedomPlus has flexible loan terms ranging from two to five years. FreedomPlus also allows borrowers to pay off loans earlier than the loan due date, so your loan repayment can ultimately be as brief as you'd like. This could save you a great deal of money in interest fees if you decide to repay the loan before your official payoff date.

Same-Day Lending Decisions

FreedomPlus offers same-day loan decisions. However, this isn't guaranteed and will fluctuate based on your provided documentation, application verification, what time of day it is, etc. With error free applications you can expect the FreedomPlus loan process to be completed in as little as one day with funds to be made available within 48 hours. The process involves:

• Filling out the online application
  • Deciding on your loan amount and loan term
  • Waiting for a credit decision to be made
  • Uploading legal documentation and reviewing the loan contract
  • Receiving your personal loan funds

Having a quick loan decision from online lenders makes it faster and simpler for borrowers to find a personal loan that works best for them.

FreedomPlus Reviews

FreedomPlus has an exceptional star rating from consumers. Quality reviews demonstrate to consumers that FreedomPlus is a trustworthy and high-standard lender. Reviews highlight reasonable rates and fees, simple repayment options, and exceptional customer service. This can provide peace of mind to potential borrowers that FreedomPlus is a good choice for their personal loan needs.

Simple Loan Application Process

Receiving your loan as fast as possible is a highly desired feature for most, if not all, borrowers.

FreedomPlus's intuitive initial online application takes a few minutes at most. Simply select the loan amount you are looking to borrow, describe the reason for taking out the loan (home repairs, credit card refinancing, consolidation loans, etc.), submit your credit rating (based on your credit score), what state you live in, then your name and phone number or email address.

From there, a loan consultant will get in touch with you to complete the transaction. FreedomPlus has extremely fast approval and funding times. It can usually approve your loan and get the money in your hands in as little as three days. Your loan repayment term can range from 24 months–60 months, with rates from 5.99 percent APR–29.99 percent APR.

FreedomPlus Credit Score Requirement

If your credit history is less than perfect, FreedomPlus might be a good match. Unlike many competing lenders, at 620, FreedomPlus has a lower minimum credit score requirement. A 620 FICO score is below average for Americans, is considered bad credit or fair credit.

You will still receive better rates and repayment terms, the higher your credit score is, but a lower credit score requirement allows for a wider range of borrowers. Requirements of competing personal loan providers are generally higher:

• Best Egg minimum credit: 640
  • SoFi minimum credit: 680
  • Lending Club minimum credit: 699
  • Discover minimum credit: 750

Fixed-Rate Loan and Payments

FreedomPlus offers loans with an annual percentage rate from 5.99–29.99 percent, including the loan origination fee.  On top of that, it uses fixed monthly payments, so your monthly payment amount will never fluctuate. FreedomPlus also has fixed rates, so your APR will never be subject to change, as it can with a variable rate. This can provide peace of mind and stability to borrowers knowing the numbers they receive in the beginning will be the same throughout the lifespan of their loan.

Debt Consolidation Loans

If you are seeking personal loans for debt relief, its important to know that FreedomPlus helps with debt consolidation and debt settlement by working with creditors on your behalf. For example, if you are seeking a personal loan to help tackle credit card debt, FreedomPlus will exclude said credit card debt from your debt-to-income ratio and pay off the credit card once you are approved. This service can help you qualify for more money and make bill payments simple.

You could even qualify for rate discounts if you let FreedomPlus pay your creditors on your behalf, have retirement assets, or apply with a cosigner.

No Prepayment Fees

FreedomPlus does not charge any prepayment fees, regardless of when you decide to pay off your loan. This means you can pay off your loan anytime you want, regardless of your loan term. FreedomPlus also has fixed rate loans and one fixed monthly payment, so your APR will never fluctuate. This provides stability for borrowers and the opportunity to save money in interest charges if they want to pay off the loan early.

FreedomPlus Max Personal Loan Amount

FreedomPlus has a max personal loan amount of $40,000 with a minimum loan amount of $7,500. Funds are available within 48 hours of credit approval (at least a 620 credit score required), and the APR ranges between 5.99 percent and 29.99 percent. You can have a FreedomPlus personal loan for up to five years.

The Bad

Origination Fees

FreedomPlus charges an origination fee between 0-4.99% on its personal loans. While a fee like this isn't necessarily exorbitant for the industry, some industry leaders omit such processing fees from their loan applications altogether, but they are still quite common.

It is unclear how exactly FreedomPlus calculates its origination fees. On its website it states that, "origination fees are calculated on the final loan size and vary based on the interest rate and term selected." Make sure to talk with a representative at FreedomPlus so that you have a better idea of what this fee may look like for you.

The Bottom Line

The most important factor to consider when choosing between potential personal loan companies is whether their loan parameters meet your borrowing needs. In other words, does the length of the loan, interest rate, monthly installment payment, and borrowing amount match what you need in a loan?

FreedomPlus personal loans accept FICO scores starting at 620. They have wide parameters for interest rates, high loan amounts, quick approval times, flexible loan terms, and no hidden fees. Having a large number of positive reviews, FreedomPlus complaints are limited and customers highlight exceptional customer service, a painless loan process, and great loan rates.

FreedomPlus is a great option for your personal loan needs. Whether you're wanting to consolidate debt, cover home repairs, or fund other expenses, FreedomPlus is a quality lender.

*All loans available through FreedomPlus.com are made by Cross River Bank, a New Jersey State Chartered Commercial Bank, Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender. All loan and rate terms are subject to eligibility restrictions, application review, credit score, loan amount, loan term, lender approval, and credit usage and history. Eligibility for a loan is not guaranteed. Loans are not available to residents of all states – please call a FreedomPlus representative for further details. The following limitations, in addition to others, shall apply: FreedomPlus does not arrange loans in: (i) Arizona under $10,500; (ii) Massachusetts under $6,500, (iii) Ohio under $5,500, and (iv) Georgia under $3,500. Repayment periods range from 24 to 60 months. The range of APRs on loans made available through FreedomPlus is 5.99% to a maximum of 29.99%. APR. The APR calculation includes all applicable fees, including the loan origination fee. For Example, a four year $20,000 loan with an interest rate of 15.49% and corresponding APR of 18.34% would have an estimated monthly payment of $561.60 and a total cost payable of $7,948.13. To qualify for a 5.99% APR loan, a borrower will need excellent credit on a loan for an amount less than $14,000.00, and with a term equal to 24 months. Adding a co-borrower with sufficient income; using at least eighty-five percent (85%) of the loan proceeds to directly pay off qualifying existing debt; or showing proof of sufficient retirement savings, could help you qualify.

Leigh M.

December 11th, 2017 Orange Beach, AL

Very good follow up and customer service from Michael P. I needed a small loan quickly and he was very efficient in getting me what I needed quickly.

Ray Lancaster

December 11th, 2017

The lady who helped me, Suzanne C., was very helpful and understand. I explained my situation and she came up with a few good ideas........I chose the one best for me...to her, Thank you

Ashley

December 11th, 2017 Somerville, MA

I worked with Nancy B. and she was fantastic. Very responsive to all questions and walked me through the whole process. Highly recommended!

Shirley Pullen

December 8th, 2017 Tempe, AZ

It's sad that a couple dissatisfied customers can drag down their ratings! Most of them are 5's and you can't have 5's without having awesome Loan Consultants. Anthony P., Senior Loan Consultant, was so upfront and efficient and the process was so convenient I did it at work. Even though I was approved, Anthony gave me some good tips to increase my credit score after a forclosure in 2010. The rate is so much lower than the cards being paid off, and the payment lower than the combined payments I make monthly now. So I'm overly satisfied with the customer care and results.

Barbara Krusinski

December 8th, 2017 North Las Vegas, NV

This was a very easy process. I worked with Ken Negrete, he was very professional and pleasant. The approval and signing of the documents was very fast, within 24 hours. I would certainly do business with Freedom Plus again!

gary

December 5th, 2017 Crossnore, NC

Work with Fred B. who was great through the whole process. He was up front with the origination fee, on all documents that I needed to obtain and walked us through the whole process. I would recommend FreedomPlus to anyone considering a fast, easy and fair loan. Thanks Freedom and thanks Fred!!

Arnoldo Mendoza

December 1st, 2017 Perris, CA

I just got approved for a loan, very happy with the service . The process was fast and easy. Very professional and friendly. Thanks.

Dominique Jules

November 30th, 2017 Newark, NJ

Andrea R. was simply AMAZING ( very helpful, professional, courteous). To me SHE IS THE BEST

Julie

November 30th, 2017 Rogers, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Absolutely fabulous service. I can't imagine using any other company (outside of personal banking) for credit card debt consolidation. The majority of the rates offered are 1/2 of my credit card rates.

Josifani M Moyo

November 30th, 2017 Gibsonia, PA

Easy steps to follow while applying for the loan. Clear instructions and good service provided by Ms Sims. Easy to recommend others to Freedom Plus.

Clarence Carson

November 30th, 2017 San Antonio, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

David S. was my agent who help me secure my loan for $25000 which he made it seem so easy. Very Quick and fast to get aproved. Will recomend him to as many people i can since i know he will go up and beyond to help them. Very good person for your company need more like him.

Marty

November 29th, 2017 Sunnyvale, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My agent, Adan N. was really great to work with. In a very short time, I gained confidence that he was the person who could help me. He was thorough, patient and professional. I felt that he genuinely wanted the best solution for my needs.

Anthony C

November 28th, 2017 Dayton, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

William B. was my rep and just amazing. I was struggling with some issues and he made sure to take care of everything for me. Very fast and professional and the best experience from beginning to end. He worked very hard on my loan and had me approved very quickly. Thank you William and freedom plus!!!

Allison Andrews

November 27th, 2017 Newport Beach, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

FreedomPlus has been amazing! My loan agent Candyce S. was beyond awesome through the entire process. This was my first experience with a personal loan, and she exceeded all of my expectations, consistently going above and beyond to make sure I received the loan I needed. As for the company, they're great as well, they offered me super low interest rates, and no early pay-off fees, which was hard to find! All around it's been a wonderful experience and I will highly recommend them!

Marvin cook

November 22nd, 2017 Belmont, NC

I can’t say enough of good about FREEDOM PLUS, They were so helpful to me. The rep Daniel R walked me through the hole process and explained the difference between how my credit cards charge me interest and how they could help me solve the problem I had and he was right, cause I weighed out all my options and his was by far the best for me. THANKS: Freedom plus

E Andrews

November 22nd, 2017 Statham, GA

This was my first time dealing with Freedom Plus. I couldn't have better service! No crap from these guys!! They have my recurmendation!

antoinette willis

November 21st, 2017 Cypress, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

thanks Trev. I have never gotten a personal loan and was scared to do so. You made it easy and quick for me. And trust me I'm not the one to ask for help. Great person. You put me at ease. Thanks, you are greatly appreciated.

JILL GUY

November 20th, 2017 Mesa, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Susie K, Loan Servicing Specialist was my welcome representative and it was a thoroughly great experience from beginning to end. Also, Clinton J was my loan originator and he was absolutely delightful. He was well informed, very personable and very helpful in answering all my questions pertaining to entering into this joint venture. My hope is that this be the case if any problem were to show an ugly face throughout our time with your company. Thank you for your approval to our loan and may our relationship remain the way we entered into it with these two highly professional employees! Jill & Gary Guy

GGG

November 20th, 2017

Mr. B help me through every process. He's been so grateful.

A Chapman

November 20th, 2017 St Louis, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Honestly, the process has gone swimmingly. Payments are coming out exactly as described and they were able to offer me an EXTREMELY competitive consolidation rate since we have excellent credit. Daniel F, our loan officer, gave me lots of information on consolidating another small balance later on after the promotional 0% APR drops off of it. You would think he would push me to consolidate that balance now, however, he advised me that while it was locked at 0% APR to wait out the promo period to save money. I have easy terms and my credit score bounced into the 800's after this consolidation was complete. Very easy to do business with and no pushy sales or phone calls at rude hours trying to get me to do anything I don't want to do.

Marilei

November 16th, 2017 Tacoma, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Linda V was very helpful...she was in constant communication with me through out the process. Excellent customer service and I would recommend FreedomPlus anytime for their personal loans.

Josh Fisher

November 10th, 2017 Matthews, NC

Our loan officer was great. Helped us get a much better rate than we originally expected. Very fast. Turned over the loan in a day.

Becky

November 9th, 2017 Connersville, IN

Very friendly and helpful in the entire loan process. Easiest loan I've ever applied for.

MARCO GARZA

November 8th, 2017 Gilroy, CA

Jeremy C was my agent, he made the loan process simple and seamless. Freedom Plus is a great company on any loans you need.

Latina Williams

November 8th, 2017 Louisville, KY

The process was seamless and very thorough. It was also very fast to get a decision and complete the process from start to finish.

Linda Williams

November 8th, 2017 Azle, TX

Kathi F was the person who helped me with the whole loan process. She was very informative and worked quickly with me on my loan. She gave me all the options and we chose the best one suited for me. I will let my family and friends know about Freedom Plus and Kathi. Thank you Kathi and Freedom Plus. Linda Wiliams

Mark C.

November 7th, 2017 Dayton, OH

Andrea R. was awesome! Customer service to the max...friendly, helpful, knowledgeable, patient...just great!! Easiest financial dealing ever in my life- and I've had plenty! Mark C. 11/7/17

Jose Argueta

November 6th, 2017 Los Angeles, CA

Sal was very helpful with all my questions thank you Sal

Alicia

November 3rd, 2017 Battle Ground, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ken W was very helpful in getting our loan process done. He was very professional and explained everything well.

Ana Lopez

November 3rd, 2017 Springfield, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Horrible service! I applied for a loan based on the glowing reviews and had nothing but problems with their service. Every time I submitted a payment, it took days for them to process it and then I would call to verify that all the information was correct, I was assured that all was correct. And yet, a few days after, I would log in to check on the payment and would see an NSF fee added. When I called to find out what happened, I was given the same "song and dance" that I had the wrong account information. To this I would respond that that's impossible, that I had called earlier to confirm the account information and was assured all was correct. But no luck. I feel this is a scam to get more money in fees out of customers.

Mike Ortiz

November 2nd, 2017 Argyle, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Scott was great. He helped us through the process.

ROBERT GAGNE

November 1st, 2017 Reno, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My broker called me first thing in the morning, after receiving my application from the night before. We discussed everything pertaining to a personal loan with "F+" at enough length that I fully understood the process, (which in my case took a while). We started the process at around 9:am and he got my loan completed before 2:pm. If all their agents are as friendly, courteous, knowledgeable, and qualified as mine; (Keegan Allen), this company should be in business for a very long time. Thank you, Keegan. Sincerely, Bob Gagne'.

Graciela Valentin

November 1st, 2017 Aromas, CA

Maria G is grat. Very helpful and willing to walk you to the process. Made it Fast and easy. She looked for the best possible rates. Thank you Maria G for your help. I will recommend you to my friends and family.

Roy Rowand

October 31st, 2017 Wimauma, FL

I had a wonderful experience with James M. Everything was straight forward and no questions were unanswered. Such good and quick service. A wonderful product and easy to navigate. Totally at ease with James.

Becky

October 31st, 2017 Tucson, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company was GREAT and helped me each time I had any type of situation (resetting my password), they were friendly and VERY accomodating! I DO plan on doing business with them in the future if need be!!

Carlos Melgar

October 31st, 2017 Gainesville, VA

Good and friendly conversation. But the answer is always no when you are trying to consolidate your credit cards and I feel that they will find any excuse to reject. Like mine was with 668 score that I am on a "HIGH UNEMPLOYMENT FOR STATED OCCUPATION" because the name of my company sounds like a Landscaping Company, but is not. Related to my Spanish name they just assumed that. If the verify more it will Turn Out that I am 14 years on that job, no way I can be unemployed very soon because I am the Manager. Very disappointed

David Bibbee

October 31st, 2017 Peoria, AZ

Customer service could not have been any better. David Sepulveda was on top of everything in the process. Only hiccup was underwriting, they want your first born and all documents in AB+ blood. But they finally came through for us also. All without having to drive down to their office. Very convenient!

Sarah Hughes

October 31st, 2017 McKinleyville, CA

Easy and quick with a wonderful APR. Craig L. was helpful and made the process go smoothly. I was recommended to this company by a friend and I will definitely refer others to FreedomPlus in the future.

Hazel M Haggins

October 27th, 2017 Forest Park, GA

Had a great time with the rep Chad he was very professional.

Tim & Marla

October 25th, 2017 Loomis, CA

Treva was a very cordial and knowledgeable contact, my wife and I have been through many loan process over the past 25 years but not one was as quick clean and simple as the loan Treva walked us through, she delivered on every item she explained to us, was very involved with keeping us informed and letting us know what we were to expect. We closed and were funded in record time and it was a very comfortable experience. No pressure and or bait and switch during any of the terms and approval. Freedom Plus will get all our recommendations for anyone looking for a loan.

Evans

October 25th, 2017 Fort Smith, AR

Very helpful and answered all the questions that I had.

Thomas & Diane Longo

October 25th, 2017 Lewes, DE

Our representative from Freedom was Bobby V, he was the most informative person we have dealt with in a very long time.. He followed up with us through the entire process and explained everything clearly for us to understand. He is the Best!!!! He is a keeper, you don't find many financial personnel that caring.. If I lived near your office I 'd come in and give him a big hug. Thank You Diane Longo

JOHN R. MORALES

October 24th, 2017 Orland Park, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My wife and I wanted to obtain a personal loan to address some debt issues that we needed to resolve. We worked with Tom E, who did an excellent job in working to meet our needs. The borrowing rate offered was fair, and the service provided by Tom was terrific to obtain our specific requirements. All in a matter of a few days. Call Tom E for great customer service, and to work with a professional willing to go the extra distance to meet your needs. John M.

Kendall Easterwood

October 24th, 2017 Boaz, AL

I was very skeptical at first. The first time Andrea called me I was thinking, “ I will ever go through with this”. However, after listening to her and getting multiple options to pay it off I was impressed. I will be saving around 7k by using FreedomPlus and that is amazing to me. Thanks a lot for everything and thanks to Andrea for being so helpful and knowledgeable!

Rosemarie FUGNETTI

October 24th, 2017

got loan approved . Kisha L was patient and knowledgeable on explaining aspects of loan. she was just great.

steven calhoun

October 19th, 2017 Chattanooga, TN

miss Chandra went way above and beyond to help me real people . great.

gare osby

October 19th, 2017 Livermore, CA

i just got a loan approved and sandra seiger was just wonderful. she explained everything very clearly and was very knowledeable about the process. very patient. since i have mild asperger's this was very much appreciated. she made the whole process very comfortable and i was put much at ease. thank you.

Ricardo Rivera

October 18th, 2017

Have to say the professional service and dedication we received from Joshua D has been a total blessing. Understanding our needs and concerns with accurate responses and recommendations to ease our decision making was spot on. I highly recommend Freedom Plus and their staff to help those with financial needs. Great job Joshua.

Jen Thompson

October 18th, 2017 Richfield, NC

After thinking I could only get a loan with a cosigner, I spoke with another representative who was able to help me get a debt consolidation loan without one. While I couldn't get the full amount I was seeking, it still will help. From the time I first spoke with Rachel S and got the documents signed, less than 24 hours had gone by.

James L Alford

October 18th, 2017

They say they are a consolidation company and here to help you, but when you have no negative remarks on credit and paid and not asking for anything but to clean up and consolidate and they say NO. To me this is misrepresentation. Do waste your time as you will be turned down unless your perfect and if your perfect you don't need them. They couldn't even tell me why just no and I have good credit.