Since its founding in 2014, FreedomPlus has aimed to create a unique and valuable personal loan experience for its customers. The lending company consistently does this by providing quality loans that meet individual needs through its sophisticated yet simple application and vetting process. FreedomPlus also provides professional advice through knowledgeable loan consultants and experts.

Jump down to FreedomPlus reviews to see what consumers have to say about this lender.

Megaphone Icon

Key Takeaways:

• Over 3/4ths of all the FreedomPlus reviews are five-star
  • A FreedomPlus personal loan extends up to $40,000
  • No pre-payment fees and flexible loan terms ranging from 2-5 years
  • One of the lowest credit score requirements in comparison to other personal loan companies
  • Unique services to help with credit card debt consolidation
  • Charges an origination fee between 0-4.99%
  • APR rate range from 7.99%–29.99% (As of June 2020)

The Good

• Quality Customer Service
  • Flexible Loan Terms
  • Same-Day Lending Decisions
  • FreedomPlus Reviews
  • Simple Loan Application Process
  • FreedomPlus Credit Score Requirement
  • Fixed-Rate Loan and Payments
  • Debt Consolidation Loans
  • No Prepayment Fees
  • FreedomPlus Max Personal Loan Amount

Quality Customer Service

FreedomPlus provides quality customer service to its borrowers primarily through its loan consultants. Customer service and loan consultants help you make the best financial decisions while balancing your financial needs.

The company offers a simple and easy-to-use form to start your loan process online and allows you to call when you start your application with any questions. Friendly and knowledgeable loan consultants and experts are able to assist you throughout your application. User reviews indicate these interactions are extremely valuable for potential customers. Customer service also handles complaints. There is little to no wait time for customer service.

Flexible Loan Terms

FreedomPlus has flexible loan terms ranging from two to five years. FreedomPlus also allows borrowers to pay off loans earlier than the loan due date, so your loan repayment can ultimately be as brief as you'd like. This could save you a great deal of money in interest fees if you decide to repay the loan before your official payoff date.

Same-Day Lending Decisions

FreedomPlus offers same-day loan decisions. However, this isn't guaranteed and will fluctuate based on your provided documentation, application verification, what time of day it is, etc. With error free applications you can expect the FreedomPlus loan process to be completed in as little as one day with funds to be made available within 48 hours. The process involves:

• Filling out the online application
  • Deciding on your loan amount and loan term
  • Waiting for a credit decision to be made
  • Uploading legal documentation and reviewing the loan contract
  • Receiving your personal loan funds

Having a quick loan decision from online lenders makes it faster and simpler for borrowers to find a personal loan that works best for them.

FreedomPlus Reviews

FreedomPlus has an exceptional star rating from consumers. Quality reviews demonstrate to consumers that FreedomPlus is a trustworthy and high-standard lender. Reviews highlight reasonable rates and fees, simple repayment options, and exceptional customer service. This can provide peace of mind to potential borrowers that FreedomPlus is a good choice for their personal loan needs.

Simple Loan Application Process

Receiving your loan as fast as possible is a highly desired feature for most, if not all, borrowers.

FreedomPlus's intuitive initial online application takes a few minutes at most. Simply select the loan amount you are looking to borrow, describe the reason for taking out the loan (home repairs, credit card refinancing, consolidation loans, etc.), submit your credit rating (based on your credit score), what state you live in, then your name and phone number or email address.

From there, a loan consultant will get in touch with you to complete the transaction. FreedomPlus has extremely fast approval and funding times. It can usually approve your loan and get the money in your hands in as little as three days. Your loan repayment term can range from 24 months–60 months, with rates from 5.99 percent APR–29.99 percent APR.

FreedomPlus Credit Score Requirement

If your credit history is less than perfect, FreedomPlus might be a good match. Unlike many competing lenders, at 620, FreedomPlus has a lower minimum credit score requirement. A 620 FICO score is below average for Americans, is considered bad credit or fair credit.

You will still receive better rates and repayment terms, the higher your credit score is, but a lower credit score requirement allows for a wider range of borrowers. Requirements of competing personal loan providers are generally higher:

• Best Egg minimum credit: 640
  • SoFi minimum credit: 680
  • Lending Club minimum credit: 699
  • Discover minimum credit: 750

Fixed-Rate Loan and Payments

FreedomPlus offers loans with an annual percentage rate from 5.99–29.99 percent, including the loan origination fee.  On top of that, it uses fixed monthly payments, so your monthly payment amount will never fluctuate. FreedomPlus also has fixed rates, so your APR will never be subject to change, as it can with a variable rate. This can provide peace of mind and stability to borrowers knowing the numbers they receive in the beginning will be the same throughout the lifespan of their loan.

Debt Consolidation Loans

If you are seeking personal loans for debt relief, its important to know that FreedomPlus helps with debt consolidation and debt settlement by working with creditors on your behalf. For example, if you are seeking a personal loan to help tackle credit card debt, FreedomPlus will exclude said credit card debt from your debt-to-income ratio and pay off the credit card once you are approved. This service can help you qualify for more money and make bill payments simple.

You could even qualify for rate discounts if you let FreedomPlus pay your creditors on your behalf, have retirement assets, or apply with a cosigner.

No Prepayment Fees

FreedomPlus does not charge any prepayment fees, regardless of when you decide to pay off your loan. This means you can pay off your loan anytime you want, regardless of your loan term. FreedomPlus also has fixed rate loans and one fixed monthly payment, so your APR will never fluctuate. This provides stability for borrowers and the opportunity to save money in interest charges if they want to pay off the loan early.

FreedomPlus Max Personal Loan Amount

FreedomPlus has a max personal loan amount of $40,000 with a minimum loan amount of $7,500. Funds are available within 48 hours of credit approval (at least a 620 credit score required), and the APR ranges between 5.99 percent and 29.99 percent. You can have a FreedomPlus personal loan for up to five years.

The Bad

Origination Fees

FreedomPlus charges an origination fee between 0-4.99% on its personal loans. While a fee like this isn't necessarily exorbitant for the industry, some industry leaders omit such processing fees from their loan applications altogether, but they are still quite common.

It is unclear how exactly FreedomPlus calculates its origination fees. On its website it states that, "origination fees are calculated on the final loan size and vary based on the interest rate and term selected." Make sure to talk with a representative at FreedomPlus so that you have a better idea of what this fee may look like for you.

The Bottom Line

The most important factor to consider when choosing between potential personal loan companies is whether their loan parameters meet your borrowing needs. In other words, does the length of the loan, interest rate, monthly installment payment, and borrowing amount match what you need in a loan?

FreedomPlus personal loans accept FICO scores starting at 620. They have wide parameters for interest rates, high loan amounts, quick approval times, flexible loan terms, and no hidden fees. Having a large number of positive reviews, FreedomPlus complaints are limited and customers highlight exceptional customer service, a painless loan process, and great loan rates.

FreedomPlus is a great option for your personal loan needs. Whether you're wanting to consolidate debt, cover home repairs, or fund other expenses, FreedomPlus is a quality lender.

*All loans available through FreedomPlus.com are made by Cross River Bank, a New Jersey State Chartered Commercial Bank, Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender. All loan and rate terms are subject to eligibility restrictions, application review, credit score, loan amount, loan term, lender approval, and credit usage and history. Eligibility for a loan is not guaranteed. Loans are not available to residents of all states – please call a FreedomPlus representative for further details. The following limitations, in addition to others, shall apply: FreedomPlus does not arrange loans in: (i) Arizona under $10,500; (ii) Massachusetts under $6,500, (iii) Ohio under $5,500, and (iv) Georgia under $3,500. Repayment periods range from 24 to 60 months. The range of APRs on loans made available through FreedomPlus is 5.99% to a maximum of 29.99%. APR. The APR calculation includes all applicable fees, including the loan origination fee. For Example, a four year $20,000 loan with an interest rate of 15.49% and corresponding APR of 18.34% would have an estimated monthly payment of $561.60 and a total cost payable of $7,948.13. To qualify for a 5.99% APR loan, a borrower will need excellent credit on a loan for an amount less than $14,000.00, and with a term equal to 24 months. Adding a co-borrower with sufficient income; using at least eighty-five percent (85%) of the loan proceeds to directly pay off qualifying existing debt; or showing proof of sufficient retirement savings, could help you qualify.

Joseph

November 26th, 2019 Sacramento, CA

Quick easy no hassle loan. Very happy with the service.

Robert Oyler

November 26th, 2019 Saint Pauls, NC

Exceptional service & follow -up. Only give 4 stars, because I believe only Jesus Christ was fully perfect. So, 4 stars is superb.

Kelly

November 26th, 2019 Charlotte, NC

I asked the rep for a document listing all the terms, rates, interest rate, and all fine print to review before committing. He told me he could NOT send me the contract until I provided him with my checking account info. I proceeded to tell him I would NOT provide my banking info until I had reviewed all the details and fine print. He told me I needed to go elsewhere. Really unfortunate. All Keith had to do was lay out what the loan consisted of. Not very good business practice. Especially for a $10K loan.

J Beck

November 25th, 2019 Whitewright, TX

Terrance C was amazing. Very patient and helping me get everything I needed. The one draw back, is I do not agree with the high APR but nonetheless, I will get it paid off early and that will lower my amount of interest I pay. Thank You FreedomPlus.

christina eldridge

November 25th, 2019 Norwell, MA

Daniel R was very professional and explained the process to me in an expertise way. He was pleasant and patient.my experience has been great!

Jim DeRoest

November 22nd, 2019 Bothell, WA

We initially engaged FredomPlus via LendingTree. FreedomPlus offered a number of options to address our request. Following up we were engaged by Aleece R who was friendly, responsive and easy to work with understanding our request. At no time did we feel pressured. The whole process was easy and handled very well.

Aldrin

November 20th, 2019 Torrance, CA

Application is quick and easy . Got the funds in 2 days. Representative was also helpful, knowledgeable and efficient.

Maria

November 19th, 2019 Gloucester, MA

Amanda was very polite, knowledgeable and very thorough, I would highly recommend your Financial support to my Friends and family

Jody Keyes

November 19th, 2019 Fort Bragg, CA

Amanda, our loan representative was so helpful and friendly. I enjoyed working with her. The only reason I gave 4 stars instead of 5 was because we paid a loan origination fee. We did it, because we needed this opportunity to consolidate; however the experience was not all positive because of that fee. Otherwise, this was as easy and painless as it could get. Again, Amanda was very pleasant to work with.

rick rodman

November 19th, 2019 Fort Worth, TX

Ericka R did an amazing job and very quick and thorough.

Dusty Peppers

November 19th, 2019 Statham, GA

We had a lot of credit card debt with very high interest rates, FreedomPlus helped us tremendously by paying off our high interest credit cards and giving us a much lower rate. Now we can see a light at the end of the tunnel. Plus our rep, Terrence C was super nice, VERY helpful, made sure I understood how this would benefit me and my family. Great company! And real fast at getting my credit cards paid off!

Joanne

November 19th, 2019 Truckee, CA

Our loan counselor, Terrence C was thorough, patient and professional. I would recommend my referrals to deal with Terrence directly. I plan to contact Terrence in future inquiries with regard to our credit goals. I was so nervous, but Terrence made it an easy and encouraging experience! Although we haven't made our first payment yet, my experience thus far has been EXCELLENT !

Kevin Fuell

November 19th, 2019 Greenville, NC

My experience with Freedom Plus was Great! Jamie B, was my agent and she was Awesome and Persistent!

Dennis

November 13th, 2019 Avenel, NJ

Very easy and fast very compassionate service.

Minh

November 13th, 2019 Maricopa, AZ

When we really needed Financial assistance, FreedomPlus, was the only company that was willing to work with us in reasonable terms. They allowed us to refinance our loan and provide a lower interest for us to pay less each time. I would recommend FreedomPlus to my family and friends.

TS Graham

November 13th, 2019 Spring, TX

the representive was through and help us work through the process of filling out paperwork and getting the information back and forth to feedomplus. he worked over and beyond the time it should have because i am not computer savory and he helped me work through each step

Debbie

November 13th, 2019 Myrtle Beach, SC

I had an amazing experience with Amanda A. She was very professional & took care of us promptly. Would very much recommend her.

Einar Maxwell

November 7th, 2019 Milton, FL

Very nice the gentlemen that I dealt with was very well spoken and knowledgeable. We were done with everything in about 45 min. Thank you Freedom Plus for helping me out.

ROBERT WENDEL

November 7th, 2019 Angleton, TX

The team I worked with is amazing, the process was smooth and they paid the companies directly which was great.

patricia a forrant

November 7th, 2019 Wilbraham, MA

Dan R was very knowledgeable, understanding and very quick with getting me my loan. I would recommend him to anyone. Thank you Dan....This is my first loan with FreedomPlus but so far, so good...

LAURA COOKE

November 6th, 2019 Chardon, OH

I am pleased that I have been assisted in reaching my goals. Mr. Terrence C was helpful, informative, understanding and was a good listener. It's hard sometimes to realize that you need assistance whether short term or long, and to know that there is a means to obtain that is a good thing.

patricia henry

November 5th, 2019 Lakewood, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

they were very good and kind. worked so hard for us. this is our 2nd loan with a great experience.

James W

November 4th, 2019 Clearlake Oaks, CA

Amanda A. called me even before I was finished completing my inquiry online! She walked me through the remainder of the process, then went above and beyond to ensure we received the best possible rate and terms to fit our needs. The whole process was complete within a half-day, a Friday afternoon, and checks will go out to our creditors next week. A thoroughly wonderful experience!

John Ferrarella

November 4th, 2019 Wayne, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Unable to get into my online account. Keeps telling me wrong username and password. Called and it was suppose to be corrected but was not.

Christina

November 1st, 2019 Bluebell, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’m so happy with my loan! It wasn’t to long of a process but my favorite part was it being over the phone. We even received it a day earlier than expected. I was able to pay off multiple cards and take my monthly payments down to one payment on a date I picked!

Kurt Cook

November 1st, 2019 Saint Joseph, MO

Krystal D did an amazing job with my application process and approval. My funds where available in just a few days. Spent extra time explaining my loan option questions so I could decide the amount, interest rate and term limits I felt comfortable with choosing. Will be paying my loan off early and will definitely be applying for a bigger loan in the future.

Teresa Chan

October 31st, 2019 Ferndale, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We like FreedomPlus. You offer good rates and customer service. Amanda has been personable and professional. She could quickly identify our fiscal needs after just one conversation.

Jessica

October 31st, 2019 Ramona, CA

It was easier than I thought it was going to be to get the loan. What a relief to get the help to pay off my credit card debt. Customer service rep, Terrance was very helpful and informative. Freedom Plus so far so good.

STAN

October 31st, 2019 Seattle, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The process was not only FAST but also STRESS FREE!!! As soon as my application was filled online in a matter of seconds I received an email and in less than FIVE minutes I was speaking to a loan rep. Not only did I get approved, but my rate was way better!

Y Miles

October 31st, 2019 Albuquerque, NM

It was a relief to finally get some of my credit card debt taken care of. I'd rather pay on a 2-3 year loan than pay the creditors forever. Great experience. Aleece R was attentive, helpful, and very responsive. The process was painless!

Ashley

October 31st, 2019 Gay, GA

Terrence is awesome!!The process was not drawn out and painful. Their technology makes it easier. I really had a good experience!

CASTRO

October 31st, 2019 New Orleans, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

BEWARE— of high interest loans that may take years to pay, even when your credit score is almost perfect. I highly recommend that you compare the benefits of getting a personal loan with your bank than FreedomPlus. I received a 17.9% $30,000 loan, with a 700 credit score. I was desperate to pay off all my credit debt. Loan payments was $650 to the principle and $350 for interest. Not to mention the application fee of $500.. It is a literary taking advantage of people. I will NEVER recommend this company to anyone. I paid off my loan with within 8 months of seeing how much I was taken advantage of..

Yvonne

October 29th, 2019 San Diego, CA

It was a quick and easy transaction. Marcus was really helpful and provided all the information I requested. He made the process quick and simple.

Mahli Saunders

October 28th, 2019 Philadelphia, MS

I had a very great experience. The loan officer was very helpful.

Jonathan

October 25th, 2019 Little Elm, TX

I'm surprised it was that easy. Online approval substantiated with documents requested, the process went smooth and fast. I hope i won't use them again as i tried to fix my finances (which is a positive thing on my side) but if i needed financial help again, i would definitely give them a call.

Timothy Martin

October 25th, 2019 Ellenwood, GA

The loan officer was very professional he new his job which made it easier for me he explained the different types of loans and what would be best for me and my family. They were not pushing anything at me to seal a deal but was really helpful an every way. They did a wonderful job.

Gonzalo Acosta

October 25th, 2019 Miami, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Excellent customer service, professionalism, transparency with the terms. Flexibility and fast and easy process.

Mia McDonald

October 25th, 2019 Newark, NJ

Terrence was absolutely thorough and waited while I read the entire contract. I didn't feel rush. He was very personable.

David

October 18th, 2019 Spring Hill, FL

The process was pleasurable and at the guidance of Amanda was very simple and easy. Would highly recommend FreedomPlus.

Jennifer

October 18th, 2019 Milan, MO

Very helpful and friendly customer service

Mary

October 17th, 2019 Austin, TX

Not a good company. They asked u to submit lots of documents and then will decline ur application after they approved you just because your W2 is handwritten. There are also originating fee of close to $500. Bank is still the best way to go. This company is a big joke.

Linda Wiseheart

October 17th, 2019 Knoxville, TN

Sandra M. E from Freedom Plus was completely professional and was able to get a personal loan at the lowest rate imaginable for me. She processed my information via telephone and I was approved in a unbelievable short amount of time. I would highly recommend Freedom Plus and Sandra M. E for all of your financial needs. The process was so unbelievably easy that I can barely believe it. Sandra was able to save me thousands of dollars and I am truly thankful. -Linda W.

J.C. Harvey

October 16th, 2019 Jackson, MI

Great representative made the whole process very simple. Couldn't be happier!

Thomas

October 15th, 2019 Colleyville, TX

Terrence worked with me, he was wonderful, kind and extremely efficient.

Myrna

October 15th, 2019 Oceanside, CA

Excellent experience with FreedomPlus loan consultant his name is David S, he made the impossible possible. I apply for a loan with another loan consultant, but he said it was denied, but for some reason David S was able to work something out so that I can get the loan that I needed. Thank you a million times to David S.

Brad

October 15th, 2019 Maumee, OH

Very polite and trustworthy. Very informative. Loan process went very smoothly. Thank you Jamie.

MARILYN ARMSTRONG

October 11th, 2019 Uxbridge, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are honest about what they are giving you for what you are paying, though I think their rates are awfully high.

Janice

October 8th, 2019 Erving, MA

Made a stressful situation so smooth and easy. Friendly representatives and I would recommend this company to anyone who is trying to get out of debt fast.

David Garcia

October 4th, 2019 Glendale Heights, IL

Great customer service and everything was done quickly

Ronald Rawlings

October 4th, 2019 Goldsboro, NC

being a former Police Officer, I was very skeptical about applying for a loan on line. The agents were very honest and told me how to check for my security. I am so happy to report that they were legit and helped me in every wau to secure my loan. yes they are real and they will help you secure your loan in a secure and timely manner.